PDA

View Full Version : James McDonaugh Next Manager?

Hibee87
14-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Whats peoples thoughts? Done excellent at all levels he has coached at hibs progressing steadily, knows the youngsters inside out and if anyone has watched his teams they play some tasty football on the deck :confused:

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2013, 08:57 AM
Whats peoples thoughts? Done excellent at all levels he has coached at hibs progressing steadily, knows the youngsters inside out and if anyone has watched his teams they play some tasty football on the deck :confused:

Who?

clerriehibs
14-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Who?

Dearie me.

clerriehibs
14-08-2013, 08:59 AM

One day - maybe just a bitt too soon, and he's still a fairly young dude, isn't he?

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Dearie me.

Why dearie me, never heard of the guy... it was a simple question!

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Right so did a bit digging.

Head of Acadamy Coaching - still never heard of him. But ot suggest someone who teaches Kids to come and manage Hibs first team is a little silly. Next people will be suggesting that Williams is not a suitible captain. :rolleyes:

southsider
14-08-2013, 09:05 AM
Why not ? Lets have EVERY Hibs team from the youth's to the first team playing football the same way. If it is good enough for Barcelona......

PeterboroHibee
14-08-2013, 09:10 AM
I think there is potential there for the future, but managing the entire club is quite different to managing one of the junior teams. I also think that if he is doing a good job with the academy, it would be be best to leave him in that role for the time being.

TornadoHibby
14-08-2013, 09:14 AM

Coaching and managing at SPFL level is quite different from coaching and managing youngsters. :agree:

What Hibs needs right now IMO is an experienced and tactically aware manager, totally engaged with and absorbed in football, who is an excellent people manager, capable of using his pool of talent to produce a match winning team capable of entertaining the fans with quality football and loads of quality, commitment, will to win and honest endeavour! :agree:

Anything less won't change the views of those fans who have already been lost to match day crowds or those still stunned by how unable Hibs have become to win matches in any kind of entertaining way over the past few years but particularly since CC came in and who may well yet decide to stop turning up on match days! :confused:

Brightside
I would certainly like to see him involved in coaching the First team, as whoever has that job at the moment is utter gash!

Hermit Crab

Without sounding rude I'd say that's another cheap option

Grubbing around the message boards.

DaveF
14-08-2013, 09:16 AM
He might be destined for bigger things but he hasn't been in the coaching game long so touting him for a managers position is far too much IMO.

Brightside
14-08-2013, 09:23 AM
Ive just checked - we dont have a first team coach.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Come on, FFS he'd be another cheap untried patsy yes man. The manager should be the most experienced man we can afford, someone who has the tools now to manage a club the stature of Hibs.

S4uzee
14-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Hi James

J-C
14-08-2013, 09:31 AM

A sad state of affairs when we don't have a first team coach, there's Pat and Jimmy Nicholl and that's it, maybe it just goes to show the level of expertise Pat is as a coach if he's doing most of it himself and the team is performing the way it is.

What I would like to know is who is David Henderson and what does a Football Development Manager actually do, as far as I'm concerned I'd rather see his wage used to bring in another good coach to help out pat and Nicholl.

Brightside
14-08-2013, 09:34 AM
A sad state of affairs when we don't have a first team coach, there's Pat and Jimmy Nicholl and that's it, maybe it just goes to show the level of expertise Pat is as a coach if he's doing most of it himself and the team is performing the way it is.

What I would like to know is who is David Henderson and what does a Football Development Manager actually do, as far as I'm concerned I'd rather see his wage used to bring in another good coach to help out pat and Nicholl.

I assumed the Dev Mgr is a community role. We have a Performance guy also so there really is no reason why our players appear to be so slow.

offshorehibby
14-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I would have thought Jimmy Nicholl's job as assistant manager would incorporate the roll of 1st coach.

J-C
14-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I assumed the Dev Mgr is a community role. We have a Performance guy also so there really is no reason why our players appear to be so slow.

Sod the community stuff, getting the team to play attractive winning football will take care of any community stuff.

Also noticed Billy Bryson a Performance Analyst, well if he's analysing our performances he'd report to Petrie that Pat isn't up to his job, or maybe another waste of a wage at ER.

JCHibby
14-08-2013, 09:43 AM
James is a nice lad and doing well with the youth team, I played with him at Whitehill and great boy.

For Manager however, no way.

This club needs a strong leader and Terry Butcher is the obvious choice for me.

NatureBoy
14-08-2013, 10:01 AM
We need someone who has a proven track record at SPL level and demands respect. McLeish or Butcher would be right up top of my list, whether they would come is a different issue entirely.

R'Albin
14-08-2013, 10:08 AM
I wouldn't rule him out in future, it sounds like the younger side are playing good football and are beginning to produce decent talent again, however, he needs a lot more experience before he should be considered.

clerriehibs
14-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Why dearie me, never heard of the guy... it was a simple question!

He's the coach of one of the few successe stories around ER, and has been a coach here for about 10 years.

LancashireHibby
14-08-2013, 10:21 AM
We need a strong character with the experience to take everything that comes with the job, because it's certainly not going to be an easy clean up.

lord bunberry
14-08-2013, 10:23 AM
If he's doing a good job with the youth teams then maybe he should continue in that role, it's vital that we have good kids coming through who know how to play the game properly. All we need is someone coaching the first team who can do the same.

Aldo
14-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Why not ? Lets have EVERY Hibs team from the youth's to the first team playing football the same way. If it is good enough for Barcelona......

That's how it should be to allow these players an easier transaction into first team but nope after U20's it first team hoofball! ;-)

cloudy
14-08-2013, 12:36 PM

Who takes the pre-match training? Noticed he had FN on his top on Sunday can't think who he is?

Bobo
14-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Right so did a bit digging.

Head of Acadamy Coaching - still never heard of him. But ot suggest someone who teaches Kids to come and manage Hibs first team is a little silly. Next people will be suggesting that Williams is not a suitible captain. :rolleyes:

He's not, IMO, a goalkeeper is never a good choice of captain as they're not in amongst it all and can't influence their team mates enough further up the park when encouragement or a boot up the arse is needed.

There may be the odd exception but I'd never choose a keeper as my captain.

clerriehibs
14-08-2013, 01:20 PM
He's not, IMO, a goalkeeper is never a good choice of captain as they're not in amongst it all and can't influence their team mates enough further up the park when encouragement or a boot up the arse is needed.

There may be the odd exception but I'd never choose a keeper as my captain.

There is the odd exception - Budgie.

But never Williams.

Cropley10
14-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Jeezo some amount of guff on this thread.

James is a winner whose teams play good football.

Pat Fenlon is a loser whose team plays terrible football.

Pat Fenlon doesn't run the whole Club either.

Have a look at AVB and even Jose, they were young men when they started. AVB still is.

jamieross
14-08-2013, 04:43 PM
I mentioned his name in another thread the other day.
He might be untried but he might turn into a great manager. dont know untill you try.

He seems to make the youngsters play the 'Hibs way' at least.

TornadoHibby
14-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Jeezo some amount of guff on this thread.

James is a winner whose teams play good football.

Pat Fenlon is a loser whose team plays terrible football.

Pat Fenlon doesn't run the whole Club either.

Have a look at AVB and even Jose, they were young men when they started. AVB still is.

These guys had the benefit of learning from great people, principally Bobby Robson at Barcelona and Porto respectively and were immersed in the culture, training methods and tactics of great clubs and great people as a result. Clubs with serious winning mentalities where winners are the order of the day rather than the opposite where people inevitably develop acceptance of lower quality achievements readily after a short time if they haven't the drive and confidence to move elsewhere! :confused:

Age doesn't come into it, it's about skill, experience, drive to succeed, determination, will to win and a great command of tactical know how and people management IMO! :agree:

I'm assuming that you had your tongue firmly in your cheek there though! :greengrin

bubblesmorrison
14-08-2013, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=jc1;3719397]Sod the community stuff, getting the team to play attractive winning football will take care of any community stuff.

having worked as part of Hibs community program for 8 years i have seen first had how big a part this plays in the clubs link with the local area and also on a wider scale and hearing kids on a Friday afternoon saying "this is the best day of my life" after meeting the players on the last day of camp. It has also produced players for us in the years biggest one being Callum Booth on recent years and am sure there will be more to come in the next few years.

Hibs should look into how clubs like Barca do it and try it on a smaller scale have all the teams at the club playing one system and knowing when they step up it will be the same way to play.

Cropley10
14-08-2013, 07:04 PM
These guys had the benefit of learning from great people, principally Bobby Robson at Barcelona and Porto respectively and were immersed in the culture, training methods and tactics of great clubs and great people as a result. Clubs with serious winning mentalities where winners are the order of the day rather than the opposite where people inevitably develop acceptance of lower quality achievements readily after a short time if they haven't the drive and confidence to move elsewhere! :confused:

Age doesn't come into it, it's about skill, experience, drive to succeed, determination, will to win and a great command of tactical know how and people management IMO! :agree:

I'm assuming that you had your tongue firmly in your cheek there though! :greengrin

No I didn't have my tongue in my cheek

How do you know James M doesn't have any or all of these characteristics? You know what, you don't.

But the current incumbent displays absolutely NONE of the qualities you say are important.

And by your logic only young Coaches who have learned from the very best can hope to be successful.

Football is a very simple game made complicated by idiots.

Iggy Pope
14-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Sod the community stuff, getting the team to play attractive winning football will take care of any community stuff.

Also noticed Billy Bryson a Performance Analyst, well if he's analysing our performances he'd report to Petrie that Pat isn't up to his job, or maybe another waste of a wage at ER.

I think he might be on here a lot. Maybe he'll be along to put you straight soon.
I hope so.

Or maybe he'll ignore this bollox.

TornadoHibby
14-08-2013, 08:16 PM
No I didn't have my tongue in my cheek

How do you know James M doesn't have any or all of these characteristics? You know what, you don't.

But the current incumbent displays absolutely NONE of the qualities you say are important.

And by your logic only young Coaches who have learned from the very best can hope to be successful.

Football is a very simple game made complicated by idiots.

As you say, I don't but I do know that he has never had any of the kind of experiences at first team level with a professional first tier team in any country in the way that Mourinho and Villas Boas had even before they started out on there own as first team managers and that is his biggest problem IMO. :agree:

No idea why you feel so precious about this guy that you would consider it appropriate to take my comments on one post, which was in response to one point that you had made in a previous post and go on to tell me that I had discounted the guy because of selected points rather than the round of them! :confused:

If you care to look at my first post on this thread you'll see that I had a number of other reasons for suggesting that James was probably not yet at the point of taking a first team Manager's post at a first tier professional club (even if only the SPFL!) and I remain of the same view.

Sorry you weren't happy that I didn't agree with you but happy to hear why you think I was so out of touch? :confused:

Oh aye, nearly forgot! I don't believe that I have said anywhere that I thought that PF did have the attributes that I felt the next Hibs manager should have! :greengrin

oconnors_strip
14-08-2013, 08:18 PM

Billy's job is to video Hibs games at first team and under 20 level. He then produces various DVDs for the management and players to watch, for example he gives Scott Thomson a DVD of goal keeping incidents so he can work on things with all the keepers at the club. Billy is not qualified to analyse matches as you are making out

Iggy Pope
14-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Billy's job is to video Hibs games at first team and under 20 level. He then produces various DVDs for the management and players to watch, for example he gives Scott Thomson a DVD of goal keeping incidents so he can work on things with all the keepers at the club. Billy is not qualified to analyse matches as you are making out

:wink:
A qualified response.

He also occasionally keeps us well informed on here. Sad that he gets sucked into the feeding frenzy of the past few days.

oconnors_strip
14-08-2013, 08:25 PM
:wink:
A qualified response.

Was going to leave a different reply but thought I wouldn't lower myself

brydekirk
14-08-2013, 08:45 PM
BTW he's just been tipped of about this thread by a mate on twitter.

macca70
14-08-2013, 08:53 PM
James would defo be worth a shot.

Has done exceptional with his involvement with the young lads. Might be a completely different kettle of fish handling underachieving pro's.

Great lad but maybe for just now he'd be better as a no2 to a stronger charachter eg Butcher.

Shields Hibee
14-08-2013, 11:34 PM
I think James could do a job lower down in the SFL to gain managerial experience at pro level & build up his profile. If he did well at whatever club he was at then perhaps in time, he could be considered for the Hibs job.

J-C
15-08-2013, 12:11 AM
I think he might be on here a lot. Maybe he'll be along to put you straight soon.
I hope so.

Or maybe he'll ignore this bollox.

What's bollox, I'm genuinely asking what he does job wise, where's the harm in that, it was the 1st I'd ever heard of him and his job title.

If he's on here a lot then maybe he can explain his job, I hope he does and maybe with a bit less sarcasm than you eh!

J-C
15-08-2013, 12:13 AM

Fair do's then, his job title is a bit misleading then and thanks for the reasonable reply and not the cheeky get one I got from someone else.

Purehibee_MYB
15-08-2013, 03:35 AM
I'd be open to the idea of McDonaugh. Seems to have a great relationship with all the youngsters who are emerging in our first team so why would it wouldn't be a terrible idea to have him as first team manager. Hiring from within can be pretty successful, Wright has had a decent start at St.Johnstone, Tito Villonova did well in his brief spell at Barca, then again there are examples such as Terry Connors which show it doesn't work sometimes.

Cropley10
15-08-2013, 06:41 AM
As you say, I don't but I do know that he has never had any of the kind of experiences at first team level with a professional first tier team in any country in the way that Mourinho and Villas Boas had even before they started out on there own as first team managers and that is his biggest problem IMO. :agree:

No idea why you feel so precious about this guy that you would consider it appropriate to take my comments on one post, which was in response to one point that you had made in a previous post and go on to tell me that I had discounted the guy because of selected points rather than the round of them! :confused:

If you care to look at my first post on this thread you'll see that I had a number of other reasons for suggesting that James was probably not yet at the point of taking a first team Manager's post at a first tier professional club (even if only the SPFL!) and I remain of the same view.

Sorry you weren't happy that I didn't agree with you but happy to hear why you think I was so out of touch? :confused:

Oh aye, nearly forgot! I don't believe that I have said anywhere that I thought that PF did have the attributes that I felt the next Hibs manager should have! :greengrin

I don't feel precious about tis guy.

i just don't agree with anything you've said.

Apologies in advance, but you sound like you've been listening to too many football pundits.

And you then respond in a slightly condescending manner, based on received or perceived wisdom, creating an identikit profile. As I said before (quoting Shankly himself) football is a simple game complicated by idiots.

steakbake
15-08-2013, 06:41 AM
I think James could do a job lower down in the SFL to gain managerial experience at pro level & build up his profile. If he did well at whatever club he was at then perhaps in time, he could be considered for the Hibs job.

You won't find much lower than Hibs just now. Managers either sink or swim based on what they can do. I don't think a paddling pool exists that could train someone for the deep end of ER right now.

TornadoHibby
15-08-2013, 07:35 AM
I don't feel precious about tis guy.

i just don't agree with anything you've said.

Apologies in advance, but you sound like you've been listening to too many football pundits.

And you then respond in a slightly condescending manner, based on received or perceived wisdom, creating an identikit profile. As I said before (quoting Shankly himself) football is a simple game complicated by idiots.

It's very easy to find fault, that's why there are so many critics like you! :rolleyes:

No idea what you mean in the bold bit or what or to whom you may be referring? :hmmm:

What do you think the perfect profile of the next Hibs manager is then? :confused:

Amateur psychologist too by any chance! :greengrin

Cropley10
15-08-2013, 08:42 AM
It's very easy to find fault, that's why there are so many critics like you! :rolleyes:

No idea what you mean in the bold bit or what or to whom you may be referring? :hmmm:

What do you think the perfect profile of the next Hibs manager is then? :confused:

Amateur psychologist too by any chance! :greengrin

I'll try and make this easy:

Football is a simple game complicated by idiots - refers not to you, but the whole perception that it's hard. Watch the way our U20s and youth teams play. It's simple football, fast, fluent, effective. An idiot has not tried to complicate it.

Sadly our first team is managed by a football pygmy. Tactically inept, with no discernible style or pattern of play.

The perfect profile for the next Hibs manager is a moot point - as we will not find such a person. However you, yourself, outlined all of the qualities required already, earlier in this thread. And if the last 5, 6 or 7 appointments have proved anything it's that Petrie can't find anyone either.

And finally I'm not finding faults, nor a critic for the sake of it. Pat Fenlon is rubbish. He is a loser. He's out of his depth. There's an over-whelming amount of evidence to support this. And I'm not an amateur psychologist either - are you?

Brightside
15-08-2013, 08:58 AM

Football is a simple game complicated by idiots - refers not to you, but the whole perception that it's hard. Watch the way our U20s and youth teams play. It's simple football, fast, fluent, effective. An idiot has not tried to complicate it.

Sadly our first team is managed by a football pygmy. Tactically inept, with no discernible style or pattern of play.

The perfect profile for the next Hibs manager is a moot point - as we will not find such a person. However you, yourself, outlined all of the qualities required already, earlier in this thread. And if the last 5, 6 or 7 appointments have proved anything it's that Petrie can't find anyone either.

And finally I'm not finding faults, nor a critic for the sake of it. Pat Fenlon is rubbish. He is a loser. He's out of his depth. There's an over-whelming amount of evidence to support this. And I'm not an amateur psychologist either - are you?

This is spot on. If you wont even attempt to have the team play the ball from the back then you should be anywhere near a managers job. Every time our goalie gets the ball we proceed to give it away 10 secs later. Its just basic stupid football.

J-C
15-08-2013, 09:09 AM
I've not really seen much of the youngsters over the past few years but they do seem to play some very good football under McDonaugh, is he ready to step up and more importantly does he want to step up to senior coaching. Some people prefer coaching youngsters and stay there for their entire career, if he's doing such a good job there why move him. What we need is a like minded manager who can get the senior team to play the same way as the youths, Mowbray was that type of manager and our next manager must have this as the main part of his cv, play ball on the deck, from the back and with pace.

TornadoHibby
15-08-2013, 09:18 AM

That's a lot better although I don't understand the need for "hostility" in your posts at least those to me. I'm sure that you do though! :rolleyes:

Re the bit in bold, I am most definately not! :greengrin

Bayern Bru
15-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Who takes the pre-match training? Noticed he had FN on his top on Sunday can't think who he is?

Frank Nuttall. Performance Consultant.

Not sure how long he's been there but he was definitely around during last season's trip to Belgium/Netherlands/Germany.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Have the kids won anything under McDonaugh, or finished in the top 4? :dunno:

Alfred E Newman
15-08-2013, 11:44 AM

What's Pat and Nicol's role then? :dunno:

Cropley10
15-08-2013, 11:57 AM

WHo was in charge when the kids did the League & Cup double at U19s?

Iggy Pope
15-08-2013, 12:04 PM

What's bollox, I'm genuinely asking what he does job wise, where's the harm in that, it was the 1st I'd ever heard of him and his job title.If he's on here a lot then maybe he can explain his job, I hope he does and maybe with a bit less sarcasm than you eh!

Well, your post didn't read like a genuine question and came over as pretty sarcastic in itself. Question marks usually follow a question for a start.
You've been advised of what he does now. Doesn't seem like a waste of a wage and you might have broached it a wee bit differently.
Eh?

This past few days people have taken it upon themselves to post whatever the **** they like about people around ER (not to mention putting down other posters in the same manner) and a lot of it is knee-jerk and pretty shameful.

IMHO.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2013, 12:06 PM

I have no idea, to be honest with living so far away i have very little knowledge of what's going on under the first team? :dunno:

The Hibee Harp
15-08-2013, 12:21 PM

Alister stevenson.

oconnors_strip
15-08-2013, 04:16 PM

Past two seasons we have finished 3rd in the under 20s league. We have done well in the Scottish youth cup, can't remember exactly but think we got to quarter finals two years in a row. He also guided us to east of scotland shield wins. He coached the u20s when we stopped hearts winning the league last year :)

If you want exact details I can source them later when home, on way to youth game tonight

oconnors_strip
15-08-2013, 04:19 PM

Alistair Stevenson, with the help of james mcdonagh coaching

J-C
15-08-2013, 08:53 PM
[/B]

Well, your post didn't read like a genuine question and came over as pretty sarcastic in itself. Question marks usually follow a question for a start.
You've been advised of what he does now. Doesn't seem like a waste of a wage and you might have broached it a wee bit differently.
Eh?

This past few days people have taken it upon themselves to post whatever the **** they like about people around ER (not to mention putting down other posters in the same manner) and a lot of it is knee-jerk and pretty shameful.

IMHO.
Unfortunately the state the club is in right now, a lot of fans are starting to question the ins and outs of a lot of what goes on at the club, myself included.

Yes my post was a wee bit sarcastic but it was also a genuine question as well, sorry for not putting the ? at the end. My point being that if he analyses the games then reports to either Fenlon or Petrie, then his job was a waste of time due to the fact Fenlon and/or Petrie ignores his analysis and the team carry on playing the guff football we are seeing.

As far as posting what we like about ER people, they are there to be shot down if things aren't going well, personal stuff is a definite no no but we can and will criticise their performances as is our want.

Cropley10
15-08-2013, 08:59 PM

Thanks.:thumbsup:

macca70
15-08-2013, 09:00 PM

Yeah, Ali Stevenson but James was heavily involved.

hibees 7062
15-08-2013, 09:01 PM

:agree: Should still be at ER

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Unfortunately the state the club is in right now, a lot of fans are starting to question the ins and outs of a lot of what goes on at the club, myself included.

Yes my post was a wee bit sarcastic but it was also a genuine question as well, sorry for not putting the ? at the end. My point being that if he analyses the games then reports to either Fenlon or Petrie, then his job was a waste of time due to the fact Fenlon and/or Petrie ignores his analysis and the team carry on playing the guff football we are seeing.

As far as posting what we like about ER people, they are there to be shot down if things aren't going well, personal stuff is a definite no no but we can and will criticise their performances as is our want.

You are entitled to your opinion but I think O'Connors Strip has explained the role of the man in question. And you are wide of the mark with your wage wasting theory.

Bit in bold - unless that is a Royal 'we' don't be fooled into thinking that you (or anyone else on here) speaks for all Hibbies or even just the few that post on here. Whatever your 'want' might be.

J-C
16-08-2013, 06:18 PM
[/B]

You are entitled to your opinion but I think O'Connors Strip has explained the role of the man in question. And you are wide of the mark with your wage wasting theory.

Bit in bold - unless that is a Royal 'we' don't be fooled into thinking that you (or anyone else on here) speaks for all Hibbies or even just the few that post on here. Whatever your 'want' might be.

This, as if you can't tell is an open forum about Hibernian FC and if I or anyone else isn't happy with the way the club is run or the management of the team itself, then as a paying fan, I have every right to air my displeasure on this said forum, whether you approve or not. :confused:

Yes his job was explained and I did thank O'Connor's Strip for the said info, my remark if you had looked was a dig at Fenlon and Petrie, because if they had used his analysis of games properly, changes would've been made to team tactics etc. Seeing as this has not been the case, I questioned why have him at the club if the people requiring his expertise in analysis are not utilising it but on you go, have a good wee dig for the sake of it like far too many on this forum as per usual.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 06:55 PM
This, as if you can't tell is an open forum about Hibernian FC and if I or anyone else isn't happy with the way the club is run or the management of the team itself, then as a paying fan, I have every right to air my displeasure on this said forum, whether you approve or not. :confused:

Yes his job was explained and I did thank O'Connor's Strip for the said info, my remark if you had looked was a dig at Fenlon and Petrie, because if they had used his analysis of games properly, changes would've been made to team tactics etc. Seeing as this has not been the case, I questioned why have him at the club if the people requiring his expertise in analysis are not utilising it but on you go, have a good wee dig for the sake of it like far too many on this forum as per usual.

You take it as whatever wee dig you like, but you ranted about a waste of a wage without ever grasping what the man was being paid a wage for. I looked at your remark all right. Hopefully he continues to post informatively on the U-20s on here and doesn't allow some of the bollox spoken on here (said it again) to affect him.

You then, righteously, advised that 'we' would criticise and 'we' would post as is 'our' want. Who are these people? You?

J-C
16-08-2013, 08:25 PM
You take it as whatever wee dig you like, but you ranted about a waste of a wage without ever grasping what the man was being paid a wage for. I looked at your remark all right. Hopefully he continues to post informatively on the U-20s on here and doesn't allow some of the bollox spoken on here (said it again) to affect him.

You then, righteously, advised that 'we' would criticise and 'we' would post as is 'our' want. Who are these people? You?

Instead of your ****ing digs have a look at my post again and less of the patronising guff :confused:

I said we because we are a support and if you read the threads on many of the subjects recently, we as Hibs fans are fed up with goings on at ER and are now asking many questions about their tenure.

Once again you had a go at me, someone you've never met and thankfully going by your posts towards myself, I'm glad that I've never met you.

I never once questioned his job, I questioned the fact that if he does analysis and Fenlon doesn't act on his analysis, then why have him there, not that he isn't good at his job, so then get rid.............but on you go, change my words.

Iggy Pope
16-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Instead of your ****ing digs have a look at my post again and less of the patronising guff :confused:

I said we because we are a support and if you read the threads on many of the subjects recently, we as Hibs fans are fed up with goings on at ER and are now asking many questions about their tenure.

Once again you had a go at me, someone you've never met and thankfully going by your posts towards myself, I'm glad that I've never met you.

I never once questioned his job, I questioned the fact that if he does analysis and Fenlon doesn't act on his analysis, then why have him there, not that he isn't good at his job, so then get rid.............but on you go, change my words.

For one thing I am not patronising you and can think of no reason why I would. You are a user name to me and I couldn't care less if we ever meet or not. We (you and me) as (presumably) Hibs fans (I can only speak for myself) differ in our opinions, but mine are my own.
Having a go at you? What? On this open forum you speak of? Where we exchange opinions?

But I have no need to change your words - they're still there. Just where you typed them.