PDA

View Full Version : Captain's armband

Johnny Clash
14-08-2013, 07:34 AM
Surely we need a captain out there motivating the players and making sure everyone is giving 100% effort?

We need a captain who is active on the pitch and can make a noise to get the most out our players.

No matter how good our goalkeeper is, they just can't do this.

I'd give the armband to Kevin Thomson. He'd make a difference!

Iceman1875
14-08-2013, 07:38 AM
Surely we need a captain out there motivating the players and making sure everyone is giving 100% effort?

We need a captain who is active on the pitch and can make a noise to get the most out our players.

Been talked about a lot on here. I agree with you but there's a portion of the support who don't even want to see KT in a Hibs jersey nevermind leading the team...

Craig_in_Prague
14-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Hibs awful state, is not down to a lack of effort.

Pish, slow, flat footed, negative football is the reason - and the way the manager sets up the team to barely get into the final 3rd other than a long punt up the park.

In saying that, I would have no issue if KT was to get the arm band.

Looking at all the people's 'teams' on the Hibs v UTD thread gives me shivers. NO pace, NO natural width and NO creativity whatsoever. Slightly tweaking the side from the last few games will make NO difference IMHO. Grim stuff!

Treadstone
14-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Another error from the manager. Can't change it now or Williams looks like some kind of scapegoat.

Brightside
14-08-2013, 08:05 AM
Another error from the manager. Can't change it now or Williams looks like some kind of scapegoat.

Goalies should never be Capt. Its pointless. KT is the obv Capt on the pitch.

Bighoose
14-08-2013, 08:13 AM
In today's Scotsman wee article with Jackie McNamara Snr, basically saying to give Pat more time.

One sentence that stuck out was "I don’t see anybody getting angry. When we played we had right crabbit people on the park snarling at each other and I just don’t see that."

That has been noticable to me anyway.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/mcnamara-tells-hibs-to-give-pat-fenlon-more-time-1-3044276

SunshineOnLeith
14-08-2013, 08:18 AM
You don't need to be wearing an armband to motivate your team mates and lead by example.

scott7_0(Prague)
14-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Goalies should never be Capt. Its pointless. KT is the obv Capt on the pitch.

pointless you say... really, why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2107797/Joe-Hart-goalkeeping-captains.html

LaMotta
14-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Why would changing captain from Williams to Thomson make any difference to results? They are both still on pitch playing, shouting, organising as they always will do. Removing the captains armband from one player and giving to another changes nothing.

Brightside
14-08-2013, 09:11 AM
pointless you say... really, why?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2107797/Joe-Hart-goalkeeping-captains.html

Capt needs to run the team on the pitch. Goalies dont do that. A goalie can shout at Defence etc but he cant run the midfield and strikers. The teams in that report had nae need for a Capt tho! :cb

TornadoHibby
14-08-2013, 09:16 AM

Thomson should be Hibs captain right now IMO! :agree:

Hermit Crab
14-08-2013, 09:26 AM
I'd give it to Nelson. I thinks he's a leader.

"Grubbing around the message boards"

Onion
14-08-2013, 11:09 AM

There is no leader in the Hibs side, been mentioned in loads of press articles. The closest we've had to one was McPake of 12 months ago. Since then, nothing.... If you watched Hearts on Sunday, there were at least a couple of guys acting as leaders (Hammill and Wilson) and they've just lost Webster, Barr and their captain (Zalipuckus or whoever he was) who were all capable leaders.

The fact that we have not one single natural leader on the pitch - and don't see it as important enough to find one - is further evidence of mismanagement by Fenlon and just how soft Hibs is as a club. Petrie and Fenlon out !

MrRobot
14-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Kev Thomson is my choice for captain.

500miles
14-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Kevin Thomson will get injured, as per, be out for chunks of the season, and wasn't much of a captain last time around.

If it was good enough for Leighton, it's good enough for Williams.

MADE IN LEITH
14-08-2013, 11:37 AM
In today's Scotsman wee article with Jackie McNamara Snr, basically saying to give Pat more time.

One sentence that stuck out was "I don’t see anybody getting angry. When we played we had right crabbit people on the park snarling at each other and I just don’t see that."

That has been noticable to me anyway.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/mcnamara-tells-hibs-to-give-pat-fenlon-more-time-1-3044276

Gotta agree....we don't see any passion on the park and this needs to be adressed. We need Leadership. Passion, fighting spirit and Guile. But to get this, it has to be instilled into them and instigated by the manager who should demand these attributes from his players.

Septimus
14-08-2013, 06:17 PM
This is clutching at straws. I seem to recall that Tommy Younger was captain of Scotland. In any enthusiastic team all players are working for each other, cajoling, overlapping, running all for the common good. There seems to be little spirit among the Hibs players and that is not new.