PDA

View Full Version : Question How to Turn it Around

TheFamous1875
14-08-2013, 12:38 AM
I think we potentially have a good squad. A winger or two coming in, a few young'uns stepping up/getting the chance, I think we could really go for it with this squad.

However, how the **** are we gonna do that with the type of game (or lack of) the Fenlon is trying to play? I personally can't think of any way at all how we are gonna do that with him and his approach to playing football matches. If I was Fenlon, I would do what happened at half time Vs Falkirk. Have our teams at kick-off going at the opposition, showing that we mean business.

We have the foundations of a potentially good defence (we did defend well both games apart form Mullen being inexperienced at a pivotal moment. He's 19!) and I think the back should be the least of our concerns at this point. And at that, if yer Hearts and yer Motherwell's score one goal, it won't matter if we score 2, or 3.

What about the rest of you?? What would you do if you were Fenlon? What he will do is another matter entirely..!

Hermit Crab
14-08-2013, 01:52 AM
I think we potentially have a good squad. A winger or two coming in, a few young'uns stepping up/getting the chance, I think we could really go for it with this squad.

"Can't see any player wanting to sign for with the managers job on the line"

However, how the **** are we gonna do that with the type of game (or lack of) the Fenlon is trying to play? I personally can't think of any way at all how we are gonna do that with him and his approach to playing football matches. If I was Fenlon, I would do what happened at half time Vs Falkirk. Have our teams at kick-off going at the opposition, showing that we mean business.

"Fenlon doesn't appear to be able to motivate the team, I don't think they want to play for him"

We have the foundations of a potentially good defence (we did defend well both games apart form Mullen being inexperienced at a pivotal moment. He's 19!) and I think the back should be the least of our concerns at this point. And at that, if yer Hearts and yer Motherwell's score one goal, it won't matter if we score 2, or 3.

"Mullen needs games as games bring confidence. I'd drop Hanlon this Saturday too and put Forster in"

What about the rest of you?? What would you do if you were Fenlon? What he will do is another matter entirely..!

"If I was Fenlon is do the honourable thing and resign before this club goes past the point of no return if its not already too late"

Grubbing around the message boards.

brydekirk
14-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Take the Midfield by the hand, and lead them over the half way line. They might get used to the idea.

Shields Hibee
14-08-2013, 11:19 PM
Fenlon should take a gamble & say, let's attack and see what happens. That 2nd half vs Falkirk showed that when we move the ball on the ground, were a threat and more likely to score.

I would bring back Forster as well, can learn from Nelson and start with Caldwell alongside Collins in a 4-4-2 formation. There would be a strict instruction that punting balls up the field isn't allowed :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Play the youngsters if they have pace to burn