PDA

View Full Version : I think everything is going to be okay

spike220
13-08-2013, 09:48 AM
I have got this feeling deep down, intuition I think, that everything is going to be okay. Hibs will do just fine this year, wait and see. It certainly is not based on any tangible observation, merely a sense that everything will be fine. I was not happy at all with loss and per my previous posts but I get a real sense we will be just fine. We lost to hearts who managed to get up in the derby, their cup final for the year. We had a lot of players playing together for the first time (I am not making excuses here they should have been out of sight by half time). Creative football comes from footballers having the confidence to express themselves and absence of crippling fear. Now go and play football Hibs, if you fail we will still support you. You are my team.GGTTH

SMAXXA
13-08-2013, 09:51 AM
I have got this feeling deep down, intuition I think, that everything is going to be okay. Hibs will do just fine this year, wait and see. It certainly is not based on any tangible observation, merely a sense that everything will be fine. I was not happy at all with loss and per my previous posts but I get a real sense we will be just fine. We lost to hearts who managed to get up in the derby, their cup final for the year. We had a lot of players playing together for the first time (I am not making excuses here they should have been out of sight by half time). Creative football comes from footballers having the confidence to express themselves and absence of crippling fear. Now go and play football Hibs, if you fail we will still support you. You are my team.GGTTH

I hope so mate I really do :agree:

PatHead
13-08-2013, 10:00 AM

Okay, fine isn't good enough. I want success on the park.

Thecat23
13-08-2013, 10:03 AM
No we won't, not with him in charge. He is actually stopping are players being creative by missing them out with long balls. His training sessions are rotten as well.

Beefster
13-08-2013, 10:05 AM
I've got a sense that I will win EuroMillions this Friday.

spike220
13-08-2013, 10:05 AM
No we won't, not with him in charge. He is actually stopping are players being creative by missing them out with long balls. His training sessions are rotten as well. Do tell how you know?

spike220
13-08-2013, 10:06 AM
I've got a sense that I will win EuroMillions this Friday. Buy a bleeding ticket then!! Then buy Hibs two really fast wingers and pay off the club debt, you could even buy the Jambos and have some fun that too!

spike220
13-08-2013, 10:07 AM
Okay, fine isn't good enough. I want success on the park. I think we will achieve this.

Harpandcastle
13-08-2013, 10:11 AM

Taking the individual match winning performances of Leigh Griffiths out the equation what exactly have you seen at any time during Fenlon's reign to give you that idea? I'm not having a pop btw, but I've seen nothing at all to suggest that. I think the quality of players has improved as he has been well backed in the transfer market in five transfer windows but the football has been dire and we still look miles away from being a cohesive unit.

scuttle
13-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Ive really tried but I just cant share your optimism mate. we are going nowhere other than div 1 if we dont change things

Speedway
13-08-2013, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3giK6DbSVA

Thecat23
13-08-2013, 10:16 AM
Do tell how you know?

Because I know simples :D

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2013, 10:18 AM

Is that you Rod? :wink:

I don't think we will be fine, and no we won't still support them if they fail. We have already seen a drop in attendances, they are only going one way. :rolleyes:

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2013, 10:18 AM

I agree, far too early for me to start panicking.

neil7908
13-08-2013, 10:21 AM
I think we'll be "fine" this year I suppose in that we won't get relegated.

We might even just about manage another mid table finish if Pats famous 'luck' turns around and he recruits a couple of decent players.

Those are simply not acceptable targets though, we MUST aspire to do better than that and I'm not confident the manager is capable of doing that

PeterboroHibee
13-08-2013, 10:42 AM

Creative football also comes from doing the basics right. You cant be very creative with the ball if its 50 feet in the air.

I can only go on what I have seen so far this season, and I dont think we will be fine. The so called 'smaller' teams play far superior football to us, they have the desire to win, and despite a smaller budget, alot of them seem to have more balanced squads. With sensible tactics (even trying a basic approach) against Hearts on Sunday, I dont think its unfair to suggest we could have won - rather than them now being 12 points behind us, it could have been 18.

Gerard
13-08-2013, 10:44 AM

Fine is okay to some. I want Hibs to be ....... good:wink: Every season.:wink:

DH1875
13-08-2013, 11:35 AM

OK, problem with that is it's just the same as Pat coming out and saying we were unlucky at the weekend and should have got a draw. Thing is, even that wouldn't have been good enough. Everything being OK just doesn't wash it with me anymore. If that were the height of our ambitions we might have well as stuck with Mixu or Yogi.

Unseen work
13-08-2013, 11:42 AM
No we won't, not with him in charge. He is actually stopping are players being creative by missing them out with long balls. His training sessions are rotten as well.

Pretty sure I seen Thomson sayin training was alot better now under Nichol as its a breath of fresh air. Do you know what he had changed about the training? Be interesting to hear!

Also interesting was a interview done with Ian Murray in which he said he liked Colin calderwood training and management. And graham stack saying he hated billy brown

clerriehibs
13-08-2013, 11:46 AM
We'll come good - stand firm!

Yams will go bust.

SunshineOnLeith
13-08-2013, 11:48 AM

So if we sack Pat, and the new guy doesn't finish in the top 3 or 4, presumably you'd want him sacked as well?

I think fenlon's time is up, but I'm also accepting that we're in for probably another grim season regardless.

green.and.white
13-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Because I know simples :D

I think you'll find the word you are looking for is 'FACT' :greengrin

NOLA
13-08-2013, 12:08 PM
I have a feeling those magic beans I bought might not be so magic after all :( never mind, an old nigerian uncle I never knew existed has come into riches and is ready to spread the wealth, just need to give him my bank details and its party time :)

Spike Mandela
13-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Whilst I share everyones disillusionment, sacking Pat Fenlon isn't a 'new beginning' it's just the same old routine of hire and fire. I think we are going to have to swallow this bitter pill at least until the new year window and see if the team can turn it around to any extent.

Sometimes at the lowest ebb that's when the team needs our support the most, not protest.

Robinho08
13-08-2013, 12:43 PM
A goal, and a win will set the team up nicely. Take away the home leg against Malmo and we wouldn't be half as worried as we are now. I think we would scrape a top 6 finish at the moment.

Don't think Fenlon is the answer in the long term. guys that I know go to the games far more regular than me want him out.

Thecat23
13-08-2013, 12:52 PM
A goal, and a win will set the team up nicely. Take away the home leg against Malmo and we wouldn't be half as worried as we are now. I think we would scrape a top 6 finish at the moment.

Don't think Fenlon is the answer in the long term. guys that I know go to the games far more regular than me want him out.

The last part says it all. I watch them every week his football is shocking. Never mind the Malmo game it goes way back. Either way we stick with him and watch crowds drop hugely, Hibs finish bottom half and believe me they will. The form shown I'd say bottom 3. Risk relegation OR.. Sought out a manager now to move us forward and get the best out these players as the squad isn't bad it's his style and tactics.

Heedersnvolleys
13-08-2013, 01:47 PM
The last part says it all. I watch them every week his football is shocking. Never mind the Malmo game it goes way back. Either way we stick with him and watch crowds drop hugely, Hibs finish bottom half and believe me they will. The form shown I'd say bottom 3. Risk relegation OR.. Sought out a manager now to move us forward and get the best out these players as the squad isn't bad it's his style and tactics.

I agree the signs were there long before now with PF for me. I think we have been more than tolerant with PF up until now. I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but we were that bad under CC that it would take a long time to correct what was wrong but I also felt at the time things were that bad surely when he arrived if he was any good at all he should have been able with the players he had to make a difference to how were playing. We saw none of that, it was not until he got a couple of new players at Xmas and even then it was only a slight improvement.

Hibercelona
13-08-2013, 02:02 PM

We may just scrape 11th if we're lucky.

The reason we only lost 1-0 to Hearts is because they're horrendously *****. If they were a proper side, we would have been hammered.

Pete
13-08-2013, 02:21 PM
If any of these soothsayers who know exactly how the season will pan out happen also happen to know this Fridays lottery numbers can you PM me please. I have mouths to feed :-)

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Yi ken whats bugging me and is sticking in my throat, I actually think hertz are going to come out of this stronger and debt free by xmas, no signing ban, still playing at the PBS, and they will beat the drop, we will struggle on with PF and Petrie and for us nothing will change, we will accept mediocrity and living in hertz shadow.

hhibs
13-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Yi ken whats bugging me and is sticking in my throat, I actually think hertz are going to come out of this stronger and debt free by xmas, no signing ban, still playing at the PBS, and they will beat the drop, we will struggle on with PF and Petrie and for us nothing will change, we will accept mediocrity and living in hertz shadow.

Unfortunately I can see this happening all too easily.

southsider
13-08-2013, 02:33 PM
We got to turn up the heat on the board and their boss, Petrie big time. 2pm on Sat, outside West Stand. Be there.

ahibby
13-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Find it difficult to agree with the OP and if we don't use the Malmo home tie as a reason then let's consider the semi final last year. Clearly something wrong with our preparation for the game to go three behind so easily/quickly and to a first division side. Had it been an SPL side we would have been out at that point. Those kind of things happen to often, Hearts final, Semi Final, Malmo and so on. They are not sequential events but recurring events and that is why we need a change. For me the important thing is when and how and who. I don't go along with protesting before a home game, you may as well just hand the three points to Utd, if we are going to show disunity with the club/team minutes before a game.

exHIBition
13-08-2013, 02:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6xLYt265ZM

Keith_M
13-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I have those feelings too but as soon as I give up the Prozac it's all as bad as ever.

Phil D. Rolls
13-08-2013, 03:37 PM

With a club on -15 at the start of the season, and looking like they won't survive till bonfire night, maybe the board can say "crisis, what crisis" without too much hesitation.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2013, 04:59 PM

In the words of Ian Paisley, 1985, "We say never, never, never, never"!! :greengrin

eastterrace
13-08-2013, 07:35 PM

dont agree mate hearts have no chance of staying up, unless they could play us every week, they took till november to get 15 points last season with a stronger team. they will give it the usual were coming to get you but they are going down that is a fact.

Swedish hibee
13-08-2013, 07:40 PM

.. and here I was thinking I'm alone :agree:

Waxy
13-08-2013, 07:42 PM
We're still in both cups.6 points from the top of the league.
And hearts are 12 points adrift at the bottom.
Fact.
Fenlon for MOM

Eyrie
13-08-2013, 09:42 PM
We're still in both cups.6 points from the top of the league.And hearts are 12 points adrift at the bottom.Fact.Fenlon for MOMI'd agree if I knew which league his new club MOM play in. We do though have a decent squad if we can pick up a winger (or even two) so there are grounds for optimism if we get the right replacement.