PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holders, a question...

hibsbollah
13-08-2013, 08:28 AM
At Saturdays home game, how are you planning to respond to the current state of the team?

I'm intrigued as to what to expect.

woody0-7
13-08-2013, 08:40 AM
I have the good fortune of leaving for Tenerife in the morning so won't have to put me or my 2 sons through another 90 mins of eye bleeding football. So disheartened by us just now can't see how we can improve one little bit devoid of any ideas!!!:-(

Brooster
13-08-2013, 08:48 AM
I'll be there as will my two sons and my Dad who are also season ticket holders. Yes we are poor and should be doing better with the players we have and yes it's time for the manager to go but I'll not be turning my back on the team.

flash
13-08-2013, 08:54 AM
I will be there in my usual seat. It's only the third game of the new season and we need to get up and running with a win.

Do i think Pat Fenlon should go? Probably. Regardless of that i feel we are capable of a lot better than we have shown so far and hopefully that will start on Saturday.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 09:03 AM
At Saturdays home game, how are you planning to respond to the current state of the team?

I won't be there. Empty season ticket seat in the west. The following week away to Killy. I've applied for the day off but I think I'd rather work the 10 hour howler of a mid shift than go to the game. If fenlons still in charge I'll be cancelling the day off.

O'Rourke3
13-08-2013, 09:06 AM
I'll be there but interested to see the reaction around the ground. Well hacked off Sunday and think the manager should have fallen on his sword by now, but I've never booed the team on or off the pitch and don't plan starting now.

If there's a post or pre match demo outside, I shall probably pitch in......

Brightside
13-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Ive not decided yet. I dont think i can handle watching another 90 mins where he continues to ignore the fact he is playing players out of position, and then make his 70 min sub of another def midfielder.

hibee_girl
13-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I'll be there as will my two sons and my Dad who are also season ticket holders. Yes we are poor and should be doing better with the players we have and yes it's time for the manager to go but I'll not be turning my back on the team.

Absolutely :agree:

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Ive not decided yet. I dont think i can handle watching another 90 mins where he continues to ignore the fact he is playing players out of position, and then make his 70 min sub of another def midfielder.

That was baffling. Took the biggest man on the park off who was actually doing ok and brought on a small skinny laddie in Stanton. I dunno about you but after he made that sub I felt we lost the midfield.

gegs70
13-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I think quite a few players were brought very late on in the transfer window so need a bit of time to adjust. We are a little light in certain areas and injury hasnt helped, we do have some good players. Maybe we could tinker abt with the formation a little....if Utd are have issues scoring perhaos we should change to a 4-4-2 formation caldwell and Collins up front? Not sure I would pkay stevenson or OTJ?

2 games into the season I doubt that petrie will empty Fenlon but it will be interesting if he allows any further additions to the squad?

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Two games into the season with several new players in the squad, I won't panic just yet and will support the team as always.

number 27
13-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Two games into the season with several new players in the squad, I won't panic just yet and will support the team as always.

Just two games? thank god for that, I knew I must have imagined that 7-0 humping, there's no way any professional team could really have played like that.

Pretty Boy
13-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Won't be there.

Going to spend the money I normally do on pints, a programme, a pie etc by going to watch the under 20s EOS game on Thursday instead.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 10:24 AM

4 defeats no goals and maybe 3 or 4 shots at goal in 360 game minutes. Carry on lad.

Pretty Boy
13-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Just two games? thank god for that, I knew I must have imagined that 7-0 humping, there's no way any professional team could really have played like that.

Even Fenlon seems to have forgotten about them judging by his comments on Sunday.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 10:25 AM
I think quite a few players were brought very late on in the transfer window so need a bit of time to adjust. We are a little light in certain areas and injury hasnt helped, we do have some good players. Maybe we could tinker abt with the formation a little....if Utd are have issues scoring perhaos we should change to a 4-4-2 formation caldwell and Collins up front? Not sure I would pkay stevenson or OTJ?

2 games into the season I doubt that petrie will empty Fenlon but it will be interesting if he allows any further additions to the squad?

The windows open until the end if this month.

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2013, 10:26 AM
4 defeats no goals and maybe 3 or 4 shots at goal in 360 game minutes. Carry on lad.

I will thanks, each to their own, I wont slag of folk that feel they have a need to protest or boycott the match though.

kentao
13-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Wont be back till hes gone. 2 empty seats in the East.

Poor manager with poor tactics and poor style of play.

gegs70
13-08-2013, 10:43 AM
The windows open until the end if this month.

Hopefully we can bring 1or 2 players in even if its on loan, kind off wondered if he would be given more cash as pressure mounts?

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-08-2013, 10:45 AM
I'll be there. They need support more than ever

flash
13-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Won't be there.

Going to spend the money I normally do on pints, a programme, a pie etc by going to watch the under 20s EOS game on Thursday instead.

Are you not going? You haven't mentioned it before.

gegs70
13-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Wont be back till hes gone. 2 empty seats in the East.

Poor manager with poor tactics and poor style of play.

Agree his tactics arent great he needs to tinker with things and try to make us more forward thinking. So how can he change things? 2 up front collins and caldwell....forster and nelson in middle...

flash
13-08-2013, 10:48 AM

He will. He is a supporter.

Pretty Boy
13-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Are you not going? You haven't mentioned it before.

The question was asked so I answered.

For someone who was squealing away about folk attention seeking you seem to be doing plenty fishing for reactions on both the MB and the pM board.

Geo_1875
13-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Agree his tactics arent great he needs to tinker with things and try to make us more forward thinking. So how can he change things? 2 up front collins and caldwell....forster and nelson in middle...

He could start by playing the best players for each position. If a player is fit enough for the bench he can play from the start. Try starting with McGivern and Maybury at the back. And for god sake put someone with a bit of pace up front.

flash
13-08-2013, 10:54 AM
The question was asked so I answered.

For someone who was squealing away about folk attention seeking you seem to be doing plenty fishing for reactions on both the MB and the pM board.

:na na:

gegs70
13-08-2013, 10:59 AM
He could start by playing the best players for each position. If a player is fit enough for the bench he can play from the start. Try starting with McGivern and Maybury at the back. And for god sake put someone with a bit of pace up front.

Not sure if any of our front men have pace!

gegs70
13-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Who is the fastest player at ER?

Judas Iscariot
13-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Have a ST, not picked it up, ended up being posted, never went against M'well & not going on Saturday...

Massively apathetic when it come to Hibs just now, which is sad....

Just_Jimmy
13-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Its a day with my mates. I'll support the team and hope we win but if we dont i'll give him pelters if they are needed at the end.

He should have gone already.

Alex Trager
13-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Saturday is the last chance for me.

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-08-2013, 11:29 AM
I'll be going. Though I will have consumed a few beers beforehand, so Fenlon will be getting it tight from me if we get beat. :grr:

clerriehibs
13-08-2013, 11:33 AM

I'm planning on supporting Hibs and every Hibs player.

Are you suggesting something to undermine the Hibs team confidence even more?

Sir David Gray
13-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Can't make the game this week as I'm working on Saturday but that's the only reason I'm not going.

I'm far from happy with how things are going just now but I'll be at every game that I can possibly attend.

I would watch Hibs in the 3rd division.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Can't make the game this week as I'm working on Saturday but that's the only reason I'm not going.

I'm far from happy with how things are going just now but I'll be at every game that I can possibly attend.

I would watch Hibs in the 3rd division.

Give it a couple of years and you might.

stantonhibby
13-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Give it a couple of years and you might.

Give it a rest.

rcarter1
13-08-2013, 12:24 PM

this.

Apart from generally not agreeing with targeting players for abuse, we actually have a fair few decent quality players out there. I will do what I can to support the players on the park, and if anything make it clear that it is the style of football that is unsatisfactory.

If we were to get a new manager, or if Fenlon decides he needs to change his philosophy (not holding my breath), the worst thing would be if the players had lost any connection with the fans because they've been abused every time they play. Far better we prepare for a new manager (or new style of play) by sticking to the players, and at half time or whatever make it clear what we want/dont want.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Give it a rest.

Give what a rest? Ever heard of sarcasm?

jeffers
13-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Will be there, sit beside some good guys and get a laugh with them, but not looking forward to the football I expect to see on offer. I lost the habit after Sauzee left and last season was the first season ticket I purchased since then. It's only taken a few games of this season to dampeny enthusiasm.

lugz
13-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Who is the fastest player at ER?

Ben Williams haha

hibsbollah
13-08-2013, 12:34 PM

:dunno: Not at all, I voted to get behind the team. I just wondered if I was in the majority.

erin go bragh
13-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Three of us will be in the ff lower , no happy with Fenlon but will always give the team my backing !

Ggtth

mutley
13-08-2013, 01:21 PM
I'll be tehre on Saturday, but still not sure how I feel about it. Being a Hibs supporter has it ups and downs, Yes before anyones says I'm well aware that there are far too many downs and not a lot of ups. However the team needs us now more than ever, is there light at the end of the tunnel? probably it's just a bit too far away for me to see it. Maybe this week will see it get a little bit brighter, if not it'll get even darker. Either way I will still support the team, if only in blind faith if nothing else. Surely our luck HAS to turn soon.GGTTH

lord bunberry
13-08-2013, 01:33 PM
I haven't decided yet, I will either go and give the team my full support or not go at all. Theres no way I would go and participate in creating a poisonous atmosphere, that's the last thing we need atm.

dangermouse
13-08-2013, 01:52 PM
:thumbsup:

Pete
13-08-2013, 02:10 PM
We'll be there supporting the team. I'm not optimistic as I believe the first mistake will be pounced on and the downward spiral will continue.

I'm all for people having their own opinions and views on the way forward but some comments have been out of order. People are making out that supporters are idiots by going and are somehow harming the cause, ridiculing them and having sly digs.

If people don't want to go that's up to them but don't dare try and tell people who want to support the team that they are now part of the problem.

silverhibee
13-08-2013, 02:13 PM

The team will get my backing and prey for a miracle that we get 3 points.

I will also attend the protest before the game.

#wearehibernianfc

Pretty Boy
13-08-2013, 02:19 PM
We'll be there supporting the team. I'm not optimistic as I believe the first mistake will be pounced on and the downward spiral will continue.

I'm all for people having their own opinions and views on the way forward but some comments have been out of order. People are making out that supporters are idiots by going and are somehow harming the cause, ridiculing them and having sly digs.

If people don't want to go that's up to them but don't dare try and tell people who want to support the team that they are now part of the problem.

Are the digs coming back the other way more acceptable?

Ritchie
13-08-2013, 02:21 PM
i'm not going - going to take my wee boy to the zoo instead. far more entertaining!

Ritchie
13-08-2013, 02:23 PM

Sarah can have my ticket mate.... you'll need to go pick it up from the ticket office though (replacement :cb)

MSK
13-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Ah dunno ..choices choices ..may sit & clap like a seal ..or maybe buy a cup of watered down pissy watery coffee & pretend Im enjoying it ..jeez ..what a dilemma ..

Baldy Foghorn
13-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Will do what I always do, support the team.....Not happy with the Board or Fenlon, but I will still be cheering the team on......

hibsbollah
13-08-2013, 02:28 PM
I dont think anyone has the right to judge anyone elses response to the mess we're in. That's the preserve of the uberfan. I'd prefer it if the fans attended in numbers and cheered the team out but I can understand a different reaction too.

If this poll is in any way representative of the wider support, 20% of season ticket holders arent going to turn up on Saturday, which could mean an attendance of 7000 or lower. A message in itself.

A 'glass half full' reaction would be that around two-thirds of people responding will support the team as much or even more passionately than normal :dunno:

Saorsa
13-08-2013, 10:59 PM
I dont think anyone has the right to judge anyone elses response to the mess we're in. That's the preserve of the uberfan. I'd prefer it if the fans attended in numbers and cheered the team out but I can understand a different reaction too.

If this poll is in any way representative of the wider support, 20% of season ticket holders arent going to turn up on Saturday, which could mean an attendance of 7000 or lower. A message in itself.

A 'glass half full' reaction would be that around two-thirds of people responding will support the team as much or even more passionately than normal :dunno:​Plenty of them on here

jon paul jones
13-08-2013, 11:25 PM
:thumbsup:

I'll be one of the twelfth men in the East Stand, Section 43, CC178 (ish)

It'll be Green Army (without the Paddy Fenlon prefix)

One City One team
They'll always wear Green

Shields Hibee
13-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Me & my mate will be there along with the other guys in our row. We'll most likely have a moan at what Fenlon puts out, calm down for a bit then start again when the football gets to the usual state. We'll be there as normal though.

Purehibee_MYB
13-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Thankfully in Vancouver til the start of september so not used my season ticket yet. Hopefully this debacle will be sorted out before I get back!

Saorsa
13-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Thankfully in Vancouver til the start of september so not used my season ticket yet. Hopefully this debacle will be sorted out before I get back!Book another few months at least, then try again :wink:

Shields Hibee
13-08-2013, 11:37 PM
Hopefully before Sept, we will have scored a goal at home!

Saorsa
13-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Hopefully before Sept, we will have scored a goal at home!Some people just get carried away a bit too easily :agree:

Shields Hibee
13-08-2013, 11:50 PM
I'm sure Pat is working hard now on trying to find a tactic that allows us to get forward & put the ball in the net :agree:

Purehibee_MYB
14-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Book another few months at least, then try again :wink:

Maybe I'm the missing link? They are just missing my support so much that they can't cope.. I'm the good luck charm....

Mind you I witnessed the day that shall never be mentioned and the most recent cup final so that theory is out of the window. Few more months in Canada it is then! :greengrin

Beefster
14-08-2013, 06:22 AM
I'm sure Pat is working hard now on trying to find a tactic

I agree.