PDA

View Full Version : How many walk ups will there be @ ER on Saturday?

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Very few IMHO. Merely existing was all very good in the aftermath of the Mercer saga, times have moved on and merely just existing isnae really enough anymore. Apathy has set in and its not a pleasant place for a football club to be in.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 01:17 PM
I definitely won't be there.

The club won't care because they have my ST money but they will care next year when I don't renew if things don't improve quickly.

Hibercelona
12-08-2013, 01:20 PM
Expect around 7-8000

I think they'll be a fair few ST holders not even bothering to turn up.

Iceman1875
12-08-2013, 01:23 PM
300 walk ups. Attendance around 7500.

Gustavo Fring
12-08-2013, 01:24 PM
its my 1st saturday off in a month i wont be attending the game but i will join any protest/gathering that may be happening before or after the game

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-08-2013, 01:25 PM
The unfortunate thing is the club won't be that bothered about ST holders who have already handed over their readies turning up or not.

SteveHFC
12-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Saturday will be my last home game until September. So of course i will be there. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
12-08-2013, 01:29 PM
I'm a walk up fan this season and will be going purely so I can shout abuse at Fenlon at the end.

I want to be able to say I played my part in getting rid ;)

flash
12-08-2013, 01:30 PM
I will be there. If I ain't happy I will let them know but I ain't buying a season ticket not to use it.

DH1875
12-08-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm out.

DH1875
12-08-2013, 01:33 PM
I will be there. If I ain't happy I will let them know but I ain't buying a season ticket not to use it.

Totally off topic and a bit random but see that guy in your avatar. He's deed.

frazeHFC
12-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Dad text me saying he won't be going, ST holder. Wants me to instead join him for a game of golf before I head back to Uni. Tough choice, but just now my golf is probably even more depressing than the football. :tee hee:

IanM
12-08-2013, 01:52 PM
Slightly a bit off topic but Pat quoted (BBC) in saying

"I meet the chairman every week; I don't think there's a lot wrong. The fans will stay with us: it's their football club."

it is our club but do i cant help thinking this could be the problem - we're just expected to turn up regardless?

Not having a pop at his statement, just think the whole attitude could do with being changed at the club. Give the stay away fans a reason to come back to the games.. results will of course help, but a better way of thinking. "I meet the chairman every week; I don't think there's a lot wrong. You can't blame the fans for turning their backs but we'll do what we can next saturday to give them a reason to come back"

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 01:54 PM

"I meet the chairman every week; I don't think there's a lot wrong. The fans will stay with us: it's their football club."

it is our club but do i cant help thinking this could be the problem - we're just expected to turn up regardless?

Not having a pop at his statement, just think the whole attitude could do with being changed at the club. Give the stay away fans a reason to come back to the games.. results will of course help, but a better way of thinking. "I meet the chairman every week; I don't think there's a lot wrong. You can't blame the fans for turning their backs but we'll do what we can next saturday to give them a reason to come back"

No Pat, there's not a lot wrong apart from everyone being fed up to the back teeth of you, your tactics your eye bleeding style of football and the results your team get.

Aye Pat everything is just hunky dory.:rolleyes:

Dalkeith
12-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Expect around 7-8000

I think they'll be a fair few ST holders not even bothering to turn up. +1

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 02:02 PM

I think that quote from Fenlon sums up a lot of what is wrong at ER at the moment.

Because of recent seasons we are pretty much down to the die hards that are still going along, that 8000 or so that keep going regardless even when it's total rubbish. The club are complacent imo.

I genuinely think if the team ran out to a crowd of 4 or 5K on Saturday it would send a real message to the board and Fenlon regardless of whether they already have the money or not.

I don't believe it will happen, i'm not going and that's my decision, it's up to others to make their own minds up.

Craig_in_Prague
12-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Will be in Edinburgh for a long weekend.
and erm, not going to ER.

IanM
12-08-2013, 02:03 PM
+1

:faf:
dunno why but that made me laugh.. 7001 it is

Top Pans Hibby
12-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Petrie will probably be there counting the beans. Farmer might not be there as not really interested apart from the total amount of beans accounted for at financial year end.

Thecat23
12-08-2013, 02:12 PM
I hope the place is empty and both Pat and Rod see what they are doing to Hibs. I'd urge all fans who would usually walk up to stay away. I'm a season ticket holder but my seat will be free this sat.

NatureBoy
12-08-2013, 02:12 PM
I've got a season ticket, still in two minds about Saturday not sure I can face another pathetic display especially as I'll be hungover it's bad enough at the best of times.

The clubs silence and lack of action since Sunday has enraged me even further so I'd quite like the opportunity to throw mouldy fruit and Petries napper!
:protest::cheerio:

mim
12-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Strongest squad we've had for years. I'll be giving them time to gell. I'll be there

Boyle89
12-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I'm off for the 1st Saturday in ages but Im out. Even if it was on tv I'd find it tough to watch. At least we scored in some games under cc.

Hibercelona
12-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Strongest squad we've had for years. I'll be giving them time to gell. I'll be there

:hilarious

Good luck waiting for them to "gel". While all the other clubs with new players run circles around us.

Scouse Hibee
12-08-2013, 02:17 PM
I will attend every game regardless, it's the way it is, call yourself supporters. :giruy:

MinceAndTatties
12-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I think that quote from Fenlon sums up a lot of what is wrong at ER at the moment.

Because of recent seasons we are pretty much down to the die hards that are still going along, that 8000 or so that keep going regardless even when it's total rubbish. The club are complacent imo.

I genuinely think if the team ran out to a crowd of 4 or 5K on Saturday it would send a real message to the board and Fenlon regardless of whether they already have the money or not.

I don't believe it will happen, i'm not going and that's my decision, it's up to others to make their own minds up.

Spot on. Posted similar on "protest" thread.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Expect around 7-8000

I think they'll be a fair few ST holders not even bothering to turn up.

I'm not going. I'm away for weekend but wouldn't be going anyway after that. I've applied for the day off from work for the Killy game which I'll cancel should Fenlon still be there.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 02:19 PM

You'll be waiting a long time then.

Teams don't gel when the manager doesn't have a clue.

connerg
12-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I have a season ticket and i won't be going. Just can't bare to watch Fenlons' ***** football anymore.

Steve20
12-08-2013, 02:23 PM

No matter how many times people say we have a strong squad, it still won't make it true. Our defence is poor and we have no idea what to do in the final third of the pitch.

ehf
12-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Probably be a few tourists in town who'll go along out of curiosity - saw a few at the Well game.

In fact, Petrie should market it as part of the Fringe, a tragi/comic farce entitled "Hapless Hibs" or "Fenlon's Flops":

- come and see the professional football team who can't play football!!

- with the manager who has the tactical awareness of a mollusc!

- marvel at the wide open space between the lone striker and the five defensive midfielders behind him!!

- speculate excitedly over whether you might actually see a forward pass!! (WARNING: NOT GUARANTEED)

- spend £6 on some flavoured hot water and an incinerated piece of pastry fused into tinfoil with a lump of gristle inside!!

- indulge your schadenfreude tendencies as the mind-numbed home fans are finally stirred by a token period of "pressure" early in the second half...

- scratch your head in disbelief as that spell of pressure culminates in the lone striker being withdrawn and replaced with another defensive midfielder as the desperate manger decides to settle for a 0-0 draw...

- watch in horror as some pantomine defending gifts the visiting side a late goal and all three points!!!

- shiver with relief as you finally exit from this Leith fusion of Groundhog Day and Dante's Inferno to return safely to the real world, with a symapthetic nod to the poor natives who are doomed to endure this ad nauseam!!!!

Magnifique
12-08-2013, 02:29 PM
I'm not going. I'm away for weekend but wouldn't be going anyway after that. I've applied for the day off from work for the Killy game which I'll cancel should Fenlon still be there.

Why is he still in a job today?

He is clearly not up to the job and his Irish wit ain't cutting it no more.

Petrie, your culpable too you need to sack him but aren't doing it.

Here's how it will pan out. United will pump us on Saturday (well who wouldn't), fans will go radge and Petrie will finally sack him. It will take a couple of weeks to get a new manager in by which time window will be closed. It will take new gaffer weeks and weeks to lift the teams spirits and get them playing his way, which will ensure bottom 6 finish again!!!!!

I won't be back for a long time

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-08-2013, 02:30 PM
I'm a season ticket holder but I am considering not going on Saturday (still undecided) Reckon there will be around 7-8,500 there, maybe. But if the clown is sacked, those figures may rise.

GGTTH:aok:

--------
12-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Probably be a few tourists in town who'll go along out of curiosity - saw a few at the Well game.

In fact, Petrie should market it as part of the Fringe, a tragi/comic farce entitled "Hapless Hibs" or "Fenlon's Flops":

- marvel at the wide open space between the lone striker and the five defensive midfielders behind him!!

- speculate excitedly over whether you might actually see a forward pass!! (WARNING: NOT GUARANTEED)

- spend £6 on some flavoured hot water and an incinerated piece of pastry fused into tinfoil with a lump of gristle inside!!

- indulge your schadenfreude tendencies as the mind-numbed home fans are finally stirred by a token period of "pressure" early in the second half...

- scratch your head in disbelief as that spell of pressure culminates in the lone striker being withdrawn and replaced with another defensive midfielder as the desperate manger decides to settle for a 0-0 draw...

- watch in horror as some pantomine defending gifts the visiting side a late goal and all three points!!!

- shiver with relief as you finally exit from this Leith fusion of Groundhog Day and Dante's Inferno to return safely to the real world, with a symapthetic nod to the poor natives who are doomed to endure this ad nauseam!!!!

I notice from Google that today is the 132nd anniversary Of the birth of Erwin Schroedinger, the Austrian physicist who formulated the theorem of the cat that was simultaneously alive and dead. (It's a quantum physics thing and I don't understand what exactly he's on about, but that's how it goes.) I'm beginning to think that Farmer and Petrie are conducting their own experiment at ER to prove Schroedinger right. Hibernian, the football club that's neither alive nor dead, but alive and dead at one and the same time. I just wish they'd stop doing whatever they think they're doing, and GO AWAY.

Thecat23
12-08-2013, 02:33 PM

Ignore the fact we have the worst manager though yeah? We could have Man U's team out there and he's still miss our midfield with long hopeless balls.

lugz
12-08-2013, 02:34 PM
It's quite concerning that I'm thinking of getting some bets on and watching soccer Saturday than going to the game. I'm a season ticket holder and stay 5 mins from the ground.

The last couple of season have had a huge impact on my enthusiasm for Hibs.

neilmartinrocks
12-08-2013, 03:10 PM
I will be there. Its what you do when you are a supporter. Was looking forward to P.F.'s tenure but I feel its time for him to gtf. In the grand scheme of things I support Hibs not P.F. and wont be shy about voicing my opinion at the game. Sooner he is binned the better. Another Mogadon Miller immho.

mutley
12-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I can see why people say that even though they have a ST, they might not bother going to games. As a ST holder I will be there on Saturday, although for the first time I can think of, I am not looking forward to it. However, I have paid my money so I will attend, and there is always the little chance tha we might actually win.I'm struggling to remember the last time i left ER feeling happy, I was at the last game of the season against Dundee, ok we won, but it didn't really mean anything. This is a new season, and with clubs struggling financially, and with us actually PAYING for players, I hoped that maybe this was out year to shine. After that performance against a (what we are all saying) weak hearts team, I am truly gutted.So, I'll be there, I'll cheer my team, I'll even stay to the end...........but I no longer expect results, and won't until something drastic changes at teh club(Trying to) Keep the Faith

Greenblood70
12-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Will not be attending until Petrie goes along with Fenlon.

Greendub
12-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I will be attending with two other walk ups.

Gatecrasher
12-08-2013, 03:34 PM
As a STH I'm seriously considering not going at the moment. Hopefully it's a nice day and get a bbq or wash the car. I think the people in charge of our club need to wake up and realise this isn't going to be tolerated anymore.

Islington Hibs
12-08-2013, 03:45 PM

In the early 1980's our hard core was only around 5000 on bad days. I hope I am wrong but I think we are heading back there unless there is a massive improvement. The Board would listen then but it might be too late as it could take a very long time to get people back

neilmartinrocks
12-08-2013, 03:53 PM
In the early 1980's our hard core was only around 5000 on bad days. I hope I am wrong but I think we are heading back there unless there is a massive improvement. The Board would listen then but it might be too late as it could take a very long time to get people back

I can remember the days you mention and would agree with you. We need a manager with balls. Someone to play players in their proper positions. And an a more than basic grasp of tactics.

hibeedonald
12-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Dundee united are gash aswell, winnable game.

edinburghhibee
12-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Ill no be going so my ST seat will be empty. Sick of fenlon and this teams negative attitude. Mate asked me if I wanted to go to go ape with some of my other mates on Saturday so decided to do that.

Fenlon just go so I can get back to supporting my team in the stands. Your brand of football is shocking and boring and makes coming to watch hibs a chore.

lucky
12-08-2013, 04:33 PM
As a ST holder I'll be there hoping we can turn this around. I hope PF is not there though. We need a change 95% can't be wrong.

DaveF
12-08-2013, 04:35 PM

Hearts are gash. We did well with that one eh!

Gustavo Fring
12-08-2013, 04:35 PM

that would require hibs to score . unlikely when we will be setting up for a 0-0 draw

Hibernia&Alba
12-08-2013, 04:48 PM

:top marks

Made me smile anyway. I'm guessing around 8500 for the arabs game - a pitiful number for the second home game of the season in a 20,000 capacity stadium, but an attendance which would reflect the mood of the fans. We should be aiming to double that number.

Bearders
12-08-2013, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE=mim;3716550]Strongest squad we've had for years.

I've noticed quite a few posters taking this view. Genuine question but I'd be intrigued to understand why you believe this to be the case. On paper it feels it should be better than the garbage that Calderwood assembled but performances and results (sorry not a stats man) are not that far removed from Coco's time at the Club. We have no pace in the squad whatsoever. Very few players have leadership qualities. We cannot defend and continue to leak goals. We have little in the way of creativity in the middle of the park. We have very poor full back options. Last 5 competitive games, we have failed to score and quite frankly never looked like scoring.

There is another thread with posters suggesting formations for the next match. Do any of these team selections provide any comfort based on the abysmal showings to date? Young McNamara must be delighted that we are Dundee United's next opponents.

I am genuinely interested to hear back from those that believe this is a strong squad. It would be good to put into context as well - stronger than Calderwood's ? strong enough to make Top 6 or to avoid a relegation battle?

Shields Hibee
12-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Very few walk ups, suspect some of the tourist brigade will come along to say they've been to see Hibs play & buy stuff from the club shop.

I've my ST so will be there & reckon around 7,500 on Saturday for the gate. Not good for the 2nd home game but with pitiful performances & the lack of imaginative football on display, its to be expected.

TornadoHibby
12-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Very few IMHO. Merely existing was all very good in the aftermath of the Mercer saga, times have moved on and merely just existing isnae really enough anymore. Apathy has set in and its not a pleasant place for a football club to be in.

How many ST holders won't bother going either? :dunno: :hmmm: :rolleyes:

jeffers
12-08-2013, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=mim;3716550]Strongest squad we've had for years.

I've noticed quite a few posters taking this view. Genuine question but I'd be intrigued to understand why you believe this to be the case. On paper it feels it should be better than the garbage that Calderwood assembled but performances and results (sorry not a stats man) are not that far removed from Coco's time at the Club. We have no pace in the squad whatsoever. Very few players have leadership qualities. We cannot defend and continue to leak goals. We have little in the way of creativity in the middle of the park. We have very poor full back options. Last 5 competitive games, we have failed to score and quite frankly never looked like scoring.

There is another thread with posters suggesting formations for the next match. Do any of these team selections provide any comfort based on the abysmal showings to date? Young McNamara must be delighted that we are Dundee United's next opponents.

I am genuinely interested to hear back from those that believe this is a strong squad. It would be good to put into context as well - stronger than Calderwood's ? strong enough to make Top 6 or to avoid a relegation battle?

Totally agree with this. Posted on another thread, individually his signings have been OK to good, but I don't believe we have a balanced team, never mind a squad. I would love to hear him actually explain his signing philosophy.

therealgavmac
12-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Hearts are gash. We did well with that one eh!

Aye, that's what I was just thinking........

Hermit Crab
12-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Why is he still in a job today?

He is clearly not up to the job and his Irish wit ain't cutting it no more.

Petrie, your culpable too you need to sack him but aren't doing it.

Here's how it will pan out. United will pump us on Saturday (well who wouldn't), fans will go radge and Petrie will finally sack him. It will take a couple of weeks to get a new manager in by which time window will be closed. It will take new gaffer weeks and weeks to lift the teams spirits and get them playing his way, which will ensure bottom 6 finish again!!!!!

I won't be back for a long time

That's quite an accurate account actually. Can see this happening.

Bostonhibby
12-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Kills me to say it but I won't be there, so thats 2 less. I had earmarked this one as a possible trip up as its a free weekend. I generally get to about 20 games a year.

My motivation is nothing to do with protesting about the situation at the club as but for one or two highlights its been like that for ages and I still made the trip. It is just a case of not feeling like seeing more of the same rubbish as the last couple of games for the moment. Pathetic I know but that's what it currently feels like.

TornadoHibby
12-08-2013, 05:35 PM

:top marks

Very good!! :greengrin

kentao
12-08-2013, 05:45 PM
I said after the Motherwell game Fenlon should have been sacked for the way he set up his team to park the bus and play long punts to Collins. I went to Tynecastle expecting Fenlon to have the players fired up and to have a go at the worst Hearts team i can remember in the last 20 years. Instead he sets up defensively playing long punts up the park. We played so narrow and created nothing. When the final whistle went i had made my choice that i wont be back till Fenlons gone.

Times up Pat you have a decent squad on paper with plenty of SPL experience but you set the team up wrong week after week. If it wasn't for Leigh Griffiths you would have been emptied long ago.

Dashing Bob S
12-08-2013, 05:47 PM
The walk ups will be outnumbered by the walk-outs after about twenty minutes if this form continues.

I personally won't be there.

I'll be a Hibby forever, it's my identity, I'm just not that interested in the club in its current incantation any more.

Mon Dieu4
12-08-2013, 05:56 PM
To be honest i can't remember the last time i was genuinely excited about watching Hibs over a sustained period, i have the odd game when i regain it but it soon gets knocked out of me again

never used to be like that at all, just now its more about seeing pals i don't see that often and the games are usually the low point of the day

I keep going out of some sense of misguided loyalty and wee bit of hope that it might get better, 17 years I've had a season ticket and at the moment im feeling as low as i ever have

I genuinely think we have 90% of the players we need for a great season but not with him in charge

truehibernian
12-08-2013, 05:57 PM
The walk ups will be outnumbered by the walk-outs after about twenty minutes if this form continues.

I'll be a Hibby forever, it's my identity, I'm just not that interested in the club in its current incantation any more.

Bob, can't disagree with that. Got told today that an ex Hibs coaching employee who has had a season ticket since he was 15 (he is in his early 60's now) has decided for the first time to not renew. I'm not naming him as he may indeed be on his forum, but that is a very very sad day if people like this are now voting with their feet.

I'm extremely close myself and it really really hurts me to admit it. The sand in my happy clapper egg counter is running faster and faster out of time. I'm actually finding River Monsters on ITV4 more entertaining than Hibs at present and I've never fished in my entire bloody life :boo hoo:

LancashireHibby
12-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Bought two last night in S43. Hoping PF is gone by then though or it might be something of a Calderwood-esque atmosphere.

truehibernian
12-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Goodwillie hasn't scored yet and hasn't looked like scoring a goal - can someone get me the odds for him being 1st goal scorer at the weekend ? It's a guarantee that the Hibs Charitable First Eleven will allow him to 'break his duck' - we always allow those on a bad run to get back on track :agree::aok:

ehf
12-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Goodwillie hasn't scored yet and hasn't looked like scoring a goal - can someone get me the odds for him being 1st goal scorer at the weekend ? It's a guarantee that the Hibs Charitable First Eleven will allow him to 'break his duck' - we always allow those on a bad run to get back on track :agree::aok:

Put your house on it - he always used to score against us at ER even when we were (quite) good.

flash
12-08-2013, 06:36 PM
It's always the same when we are struggling.

Punters form an orderly queue to boast that they are turning their backs on Hibs.

It's not that people aren't going it's the obvious glee they take in telling us.

I think we need a new manager but I also think we need a win so, with apologies to so many on this thread, I will be there on Saturday and i will unfashionably be looking for three points.

OsloHibs
12-08-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm going with another, so add on +2

Ken
12-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Assuming we've sold 8,500 season tickets then I think 15% (an increase from the usual 5-10%) will give it a miss this Sat, with about 1,000 walk ups.

Attendance - 8,225

HibbyKeith
12-08-2013, 07:13 PM
As a season ticket holder I'm seriously debating with myself whether to go on Saturday or not. Pretty sad state of affairs to be honest.

20 mins into the Motherwell game I turned to my auld man and said "I'm bloody bored" which about sums up exactly how I feel about Hibs.

Slowly but surely the club are draining me off all enthusiasm with dire performances and shocking tactics.

As fans we deserve better but I can't see anything changing anytime soon with the current regime.

around 7k attendance this weekend would be my guess.

FromTheCapital
12-08-2013, 07:38 PM
I'll be there as a ST holder. More the reason to turn up on Saturday. Lower attendances is not going to turn things round... :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 07:45 PM
I'll be there as a ST holder. More the reason to turn up on Saturday. Lower attendances is not going to turn things round... :rolleyes:

I hate to break it to you but neither is continuing to turn up and clap away like trained seals.

The_Exile
12-08-2013, 07:49 PM
I might go, not for the football on show, more for the novelty factor of a Saturday 3pm kick off.

Sudds_1
12-08-2013, 07:50 PM

yep, sums up 100% the way I feel too at this time Bob.

FromTheCapital
12-08-2013, 07:52 PM
I hate to break it to you but neither is continuing to turn up and clap away like trained seals.
So we'll all just give up then?

Bearders
12-08-2013, 07:54 PM
It's always the same when we are struggling.

Punters form an orderly queue to boast that they are turning their backs on Hibs.

It's not that people aren't going it's the obvious glee they take in telling us.

I think we need a new manager but I also think we need a win so, with apologies to so many on this thread, I will be there on Saturday and i will unfashionably be looking for three points.

Agreed Flash - a good few of those with very high post counts. I guess not attending means they get to batter their keyboard that little bit earlier?

WHUHibs
12-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Bought two last night in S43. Hoping PF is gone by then though or it might be something of a Calderwood-esque atmosphere.

Can't believe I'm saying this but you could have had my two season tickets for sect 43 ,,,completely sickened,,,can't remember when I missed my last game,,,even went to Malmo,,,just can't stand the thought of going back at the moment,,rather watch my laddie play!

Shields Hibee
12-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Regardless of whether ST holders take our seats or not, RP won't be that bothered as our money is taken anyway.

Knowing Rod, his view would be less walk ups & lower crowds mean he doesn't have to pay for so many stewards :rolleyes:

Hibs7
12-08-2013, 07:57 PM

For one home game only to make a point ... Christ some supporters are like Jambos .. Everything will be ok as long as we keep buying season tickets and shares etc , etc

Stand up and be counted .. Boycot the game against Dundee Utd and make a point .. Ffs

WHUHibs
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
yep, sums up 100% the way I feel too at this time Bob.

Sudds for you to say that means something...long gone are the days leaving from longniddry for the games..

patch1875
12-08-2013, 07:59 PM
Regardless of whether ST holders take our seats or not, RP won't be that bothered as our money is taken anyway.

Knowing Rod, his view would be less walk ups & lower crowds mean he doesn't have to pay for so many stewards :rolleyes:

But being a businessman he will be thinking of next season already

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 08:01 PM

Who's giving up?

I'm not going whilst the status quo continues and i've told the club such, not that they will give a **** as they already have my money.

That's my choice, others make their choice and are entitled to it but there's been a few snidey comments now that aren't neccesary.

I've listened to all the 'stronger together' rhetoric, i've taken advantage of the 'early bird' promotions and i've backed the club by turning up and spending my money regularly and it quite obviously hasn't worked ao i'm going to stop going for a few weeks and hope if a few others do the same that the board might just notice. Probably not but it can't be any worse than spending my weekends getting ridiculouslt worked up about what is essentially a game.

There are many people to blame for this latest mess and it certainly isn't the fans.

Emerald
12-08-2013, 08:01 PM
I find it very strange that the board have said nothing so far about this mess we're in. They must know the fans feelings on the situation and unless they are completely blind must be able to see for themselves the dire stuff we're watching every week. They must hear the fans and the media talking about how Fenlon is failing and how close to the exit he is. Even more worrying is the apathy amongst supporters who have had enough and talking about not attending. It isn't even a protest with most, its boredom, frustration and exasperation watching his non football. But still they say nothing?

Are they going to back him or sack him because this isn't going to go away anytime soon, even though they are clearly attempting to sweep it under the carpet and pray for a couple of wins to get through another month or so. It isn't really a plan to benefit Hibs and us fans, is it? :confused:

fat freddy
12-08-2013, 08:03 PM
not long back from holiday and i have been lucky enough to miss all the games so far this season...i haven't renewed my season ticket but i will be there on saturday and im looking forward to it...i think we will turn this mess around and i think we will see the team fired up at the weekend.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Agreed Flash - a good few of those with very high post counts. I guess not attending means they get to batter their keyboard that little bit earlier?

What an insightful contribution.

Slagging folk who post on a forum by erm........posting on a forum.

Sudds_1
12-08-2013, 08:05 PM
not long back from holiday and i have been lucky enough to miss all the games so far this season...i haven't renewed my season ticket but i will be there on saturday and im looking forward to it...i think we will turn this mess around and i think we will see the team fired up at the weekend.

I'd rather see the Manager fired.....................:cb

The Voice Of Reason
12-08-2013, 08:06 PM
I'll be there with my 2 boys and my dad.

I enjoy pain and torture ! :greengrin:

P.S For some strange reason I have a feeling that we will actually win on Sat..........bizarre :confused:

Hibercelona
12-08-2013, 08:07 PM
I find it very strange that the board have said nothing so far about this mess we're in. They must know the fans feelings on the situation and unless they are completely blind must be able to see for themselves the dire stuff we're watching every week. They must hear the fans and the media talking about how Fenlon is failing and how close to the exit he is. Even more worrying is the apathy amongst supporters who have had enough and talking about not attending. It isn't even a protest with most, its boredom, frustration and exasperation watching his non football. But still they say nothing?

Are they going to back him or sack him because this isn't going to go away anytime soon, even though they are clearly attempting to sweep it under the carpet and pray for a couple of wins to get through another month or so. It isn't really a plan to benefit Hibs and us fans, is it? :confused:

They'll do whatever benefits the balance sheets. Whether we're happy or not is irrelevant to them, as long as there's a steady stream of cash coming in.

That's why I would urge anybody not to go to the next game. It isn't giving up, it's quite the opposite.

Bearders
12-08-2013, 08:08 PM
What an insightful contribution.

Slagging folk who post on a forum by erm........posting on a forum.

Merely an observation.

Shields Hibee
12-08-2013, 08:10 PM
But being a businessman he will be thinking of next season already

He will be planning on giving us 2 new kits & maybe painting the shop then announcing a brand new shop at ER will open in July

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Merely an observation.

Well not a very good one.

I know a fair few of the guys with high post counts on here and most are regular attenders and as loyal as they come.

If some of them are talking about missing a few weeks it's probably time for the club to take notice.

Emerald
12-08-2013, 08:13 PM
They'll do whatever benefits the balance sheets. Whether we're happy or not is irrelevant to them, as long as there's a steady stream of cash coming in.

That's why I would urge anybody not to go to the next game. It isn't giving up, it's quite the opposite.

But surely that isn't going to benefit the balance sheet. They need to worry more about the fed up fans that will never return rather than the money it will take to replace Paddy. Then they need to worry about making sure the same mistake is not made again and appoint a proven experienced manager who likes to entertain. How they do that is not my concern, as long as they do it right.

Sudds_1
12-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Who's giving up?

I'm not going whilst the status quo continues and i've told the club such, not that they will give a **** as they already have my money.

That's my choice, others make their choice and are entitled to it but there's been a few snidey comments now that aren't neccesary.

I've listened to all the 'stronger together' rhetoric, i've taken advantage of the 'early bird' promotions and i've backed the club by turning up and spending my money regularly and it quite obviously hasn't worked ao i'm going to stop going for a few weeks and hope if a few others do the same that the board might just notice. Probably not but it can't be any worse than spending my weekends getting ridiculouslt worked up about what is essentially a game.

There are many people to blame for this latest mess and it certainly isn't the fans.

100% agree. What clinched it for me was the comment "... the fans will stay with us: its their club" How much more arrogant and complacent can they get?? I've paid more than a fair wedge already this year on season tickets, merchandise, crappy in stadium food. As Dashing Bob said in another thread, I'm a hibby till I die - its my identity. But I will not be taken for granted by management or Directors simply because I love this football club. I HAVE to find a way to protest, to show my feelings. To find a way to register with them my discontent on what they are doing to the club I love. They must be made to recognise the displeasure caused by many - and the feelings of the vast majority that change is needed - and needed now.

How do I do that? By continuing to fill my seat? Fat lot of good that will do if this quote reflects how they see us.

We need to vote with our feet.....however distasteful that is to some of the uber fans on here.

And I intend to......doesn't make me less of a supporter though. As PB says, you can all find your own way to protest. Staying away is mine.

Wee Scottie Dug
12-08-2013, 08:14 PM
For one home game only to make a point ... Christ some supporters are like Jambos .. Everything will be ok as long as we keep buying season tickets and shares etc , etc

Stand up and be counted .. Boycot the game against Dundee Utd and make a point .. Ffs

Well I'll be there, though I may not clap like a seal !

I'd encourage everyone else to turn up, but my encouragement is unlikely to make any difference.

I would argue that it's very difficult to make a point by simply not turning up and that by voicing your opinions at the game (as you will likely be in the majority) would be much more effective in achieving the outcome you desire!

GGTTH

#FromTheCapital
12-08-2013, 08:17 PM
If we keep playing the way we have been there'll be more walk outs than walk ups.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Well not a very good one.

I know a fair few of the guys with high post counts on here and most are regular attenders and as loyal as they come.

If some of them are talking about missing a few weeks it's probably time for the club to take notice.

I did not renew this season, it was more to do with the amount of games that were changed for tv or friendlies against Sunderland, or whatever the next excuse is for not playing on a Saturday at 3. My season ticket while never being cost effective was always bought with the reason it helped the manager.

I'm pretty glad i have not helped Fenlon, and i too won't be there on Saturday. And the only reason i won't be at the game is i just can't be bothered, they are not worth my time and effort.

Although as soon as there is an organised protest i will be there for that.

Hibercelona
12-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Well I'll be there, though I may not clap like a seal !

I'd encourage everyone else to turn up, but my encouragement is unlikely to make any difference.

I would argue that it's very difficult to make a point by simply not turning up and that by voicing your opinions at the game (as you will likely be in the majority) would be much more effective in achieving the outcome you desire!

GGTTH

If enough people don't turn up, then a point will be made.

Turning up in huge numbers and moaning for 90 minutes isn't going to make any difference. How do I know this? Because we've been doing this for the last several years!

WHUHibs
12-08-2013, 08:32 PM
Guy beside me at Tynie said its ridiculous but I have given more to hearts than hibs this season by buying 3 tickets as I am going to pick my games after many years as a season ticket holder,,,

Wee Scottie Dug
12-08-2013, 08:38 PM
If enough people don't turn up, then a point will be made.

Turning up in huge numbers and moaning for 90 minutes isn't going to make any difference. How do I know this? Because we've been doing this for the last several years!

Indeed a point may be made, but a fairly rousing chant of 'Fenlon must go' will be far more effective if things once again don't go our way (IMHO) .... Unless of course the opinions on this board are not totally reflective of the attendees on Sat. :cb

Maybe we are all proved wrong on Saturday with a blinding performance of course which would make any protest whether vocal or by not attending rather mute .... It's that blind faith that keeps some of us going and supporting the team/manager in these trying times .....

Each to their own I suppose ....

flash
12-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Hopefully the team put in a performance as disappointing as that will be for some.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Hopefully the team put in a performance as disappointing as that will be for some.

:faf: Aye because thats what we all want, another pish performance. :fenlon

Cabbage East
12-08-2013, 08:47 PM
If there is a protest, will we be allowed to arrange it on here? I think not. Any criticism, no matter how justified, is normally dismissed by the admins.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 08:47 PM

Lol

harvthehibee
12-08-2013, 08:48 PM

:top marks:thumbsup: cheered me up a bit this.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 08:48 PM
If there is a protest, will we be allowed to arrange it on here? I think not. Any criticism, no matter how justified, is normally dismissed by the admins.

Absolute nonsense.

NOLA
12-08-2013, 09:04 PM

loved that :top marks

Cabbage East
12-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Absolute nonsense.

Which part?

DaveF
12-08-2013, 09:09 PM

Aye, because as you will have noticed we have been busy deleting thousands of posts criticising the board, players and manager since full time yesterday.

In fact, I'm off to delete yours now........:giruy:

Onion
12-08-2013, 09:11 PM

Now that is seriously good :greengrin

flash
12-08-2013, 09:14 PM

Sad to say it is in some cases

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 09:15 PM
Which part?

The part about admins stopping any protests being organised on herw.

Some of the most critical posts i've seen over the last couple of days have come from guys on the admin team.

I was an admin of the site for a while and there is no 'editorial policy' or expectation that hibs.net should speak as one body. Within reason people are allowed to discuss whatever they like.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 09:16 PM

Who? :confused:

Coco Bryce
12-08-2013, 09:23 PM
I have made plans for a festival saturday sesh with 4 other season ticket holders.

We will have fun.

flash
12-08-2013, 09:30 PM

Persevere80
12-08-2013, 09:32 PM
i'm a walk up fan and i wont be going. Not that i think it will make much difference as i've not been going since Hughes left. The Malmo game was my first since. The highlight of that night was seeing the new east stand.

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 09:35 PM

So you said, i will ask again who?

Pete
12-08-2013, 09:38 PM
I'm that angry I'm going in the United End.

sahib
12-08-2013, 10:31 PM
What a bunch of hypocrites. One minute there are posts with people claiming to be willing give the club chunks of cash and their wives and the family dog etc. Next minute we have posts, the subtext of which seems to be, that this is the time for real supporters to stay away. Well stay away, that's fine, but don't go encouraging others to do so.

Billy McKirdy
12-08-2013, 11:47 PM
What a bunch of hypocrites. One minute there are posts with people claiming to be willing give the club chunks of cash and their wives and the family dog etc. Next minute we have posts, the subtext of which seems to be, that this is the time for real supporters to stay away. Well stay away, that's fine, but don't go encouraging others to do so.

What you say.
We're pissed off, disillusioned, whatever, but stay away because we want to make a point to the board about the manager? What a lot of *****!!
We are either supporters or we're not, there is no in between, I'll be there come what may.
GGTTH

Pete
13-08-2013, 12:12 AM

What you say.
We're pissed off, disillusioned, whatever, but stay away because we want to make a point to the board about the manager? What a lot of *****!!
We are either supporters or we're not, there is no in between, I'll be there come what may.
GGTTH

I hold the same view as yourselves: Boycotts aren't the answer and that you go and support the team (even though my non-attendance wouldn't make a difference as I'm a season ticket holder).

However, I can totally understand their frustrations. There are die-hards talking about not going back and it takes a lot for people to consider actions such as this. It's desperation and love for the club that's behind this.

One thing we can all agree on is that we need some sort of change on the park as it isn't good enough. If it takes change off the park for this to happen then so be it.

heid the baw
13-08-2013, 12:54 AM
I'm a pretty regular walk up fan. I live about 50 miles away so "walk up" is not entirely accurate.
Last season Sparky made the journey worthwhile. Claros, Williams. McGivern and Wotherspoon played their part too.

I was at the Malmo game. It was horrible.Then the derby result on the back of that was too much to stomach.

The last back to back Hibs wins at Tynecastle were in the mid 70's
Hearts have achieved back to back wins at Easter Road 6 times since then. We had the best ever chance on Sunday to make a wee dent in that stat, but clearly that does not matter to the players and management. That did it for me.

Walk up is on hold until I see a change. We are back to the old "one goal will do it" soft touch team. Without Griffiths no-one fears us, no bite, no fight, no width, no pace.

Gatecrasher
13-08-2013, 05:54 AM
I hold the same view as yourselves: Boycotts aren't the answer and that you go and support the team (even though my non-attendance wouldn't make a difference as I'm a season ticket holder).

However, I can totally understand their frustrations. There are die-hards talking about not going back and it takes a lot for people to consider actions such as this. It's desperation and love for the club that's behind this.

One thing we can all agree on is that we need some sort of change on the park as it isn't good enough. If it takes change off the park for this to happen then so be it.
The general point for most appears to be that blindly turning up over the last few years has had no affect on the overall problems at the club. I think most want to show the board that years of under performance is unacceptable and the best way to do that is not turn up this weekend.

MSK
13-08-2013, 06:24 AM
If there is a protest, will we be allowed to arrange it on here? I think not. Any criticism, no matter how justified, is normally dismissed by the admins.Absolute bollox as usual from you....have you actually read the forums ? ...

flash
13-08-2013, 06:56 AM
Its a tough one. Go and support my team when they really need me or sit on my erse watching other people watching fitba.

truehibernian
13-08-2013, 07:17 AM

People have the right to do as they choose - I'm one of those 'hypocrites' that has regularly posted saying I'd be happy to invest cash to oust Rod and claim 10% of the club (amongst a coordinated fan investment) - i still attend games meantime but it's getting very very trying and hard to really want to go and watch Hibs.

The football is slow, turgid, unbalanced and lacks drive, genuine enthusiasm and leadership - much like those at the helm (The Board and Owner).

I can absolutely understand the 'stay always' and to a degree those wanting to push for change.

Billy McKirdy
13-08-2013, 10:41 PM

I do understand the frustrations of everybody, I am as pissed off and disillusioned and the next fan, and I also appreciate that for many, enough is enough but as a walk up fan who can only attend when work permits, nothing will stop me from going along to support my team, as far as I'm concerned, boycotts are counter productive and no help to the club we love, Fenlon has had his day, and we all want a change, how we go about getting that change is worth the debate, but boycotts have no place in how we protest the current situation.

Shields Hibee
13-08-2013, 11:35 PM
I wonder what our tourist crowd think of us after they've seen the match? I heard one guy say he was surprised at the lack of atmosphere pre match before Motherwell game, nothing to get excited about these days I muttered under my breath.

Hopefully the festival tourist will get excited about seeing a SPL game & come along on Sat :greengrin

LancashireHibby
14-08-2013, 09:42 AM
I wonder what our tourist crowd think of us after they've seen the match? I heard one guy say he was surprised at the lack of atmosphere pre match before Motherwell game, nothing to get excited about these days I muttered under my breath.

Hopefully the festival tourist will get excited about seeing a SPL game & come along on Sat :greengrin
Or alternatively none of the tourists will have a clue there's a game going on. Again.