PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

KiddA
12-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Ok did not see a thread so thought I would start one

Williams - 7 Did not have anything to do
Stevenson 5 Beat too many times for me both at left and right back needs to be dropped
Nelson - 6 Probably our best defender no where near the goal though
Hanlon - 4 Needs dropped, also can he stop going up for set pieces ie corners and free kicks every header goes over the bar then he just holds his head
Mullen - 6 Did not think he was playing bad maybe had a knock but who knows was on a yellow
OTJ - 6 Not the best start in a Hibs jersey but doing ok needs to settle
Thompson - 8 Always looking to play it on the ground and make something happen best player for me, also smashed that fud Hamill
Craig - 6 Not bad but needs to be more involved, good ball to Tawio
Robertson 5 - Ran about like a headless chicken, but he did break up the play and was not scared to get involved
Vine - 6 I only gave him a 6 for his challenge on that coward Stevenson :thumbsup: but apart from that did nothing
Collins - 7 Works hard and I think with time he will be a good addition

Subs
Tawio - 4 Should have scored
Mcgivern 6 Hopefully fit enough to start and Stevenson dropped
Stanton - 4 Needs more game time to improve

Fenlon 2 - Long ball p### once again needs to change it to save his job
Fans - 10 Still out sung the interbreeds

hongkonghibee
12-08-2013, 04:07 AM

Stevenson 5 Beat too many times for me both at left and right back needs to be dropped
Hanlon - 4 Needs dropped, also can he stop going up for set pieces ie corners and free kicks every header goes over the bar then he just holds his head
Mullen - 6 Did not think he was playing bad maybe had a knock but who knows was on a yellow
Thompson - 8 Always looking to play it on the ground and make something happen best player for me, also smashed that fud Hamill
Robertson 5 - Ran about like a headless chicken, but he did break up the play and was not scared to get involved
Vine - 6 I only gave him a 6 for his challenge on that coward Stevenson :thumbsup: but apart from that did nothing

Subs

Why rate the players so highly? That was a dreadful performance. Hoof-ball played badly.

Williams 8
Stevenson 2
Nelson 6
Hanlon 3
Mullen 3
OTJ 1
Thompson 6
Craig 3
Robertson 3
Vine 1
Collins 4

Subs - McGivern 6
Taiwo 3
Stanton 1

PF 0

500miles
12-08-2013, 05:57 AM
So Williams had nothing to do, yet our defenders are getting slaughtered? While I thought the passing from everyone in the first half was shocking - on both sides - that makes absolutely zero sense.

Purehibee_MYB
12-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Not really sure why KT is getting such high marks and Robertson is getting low ones.. Much of a muchness from those two IMO

lugz
12-08-2013, 06:46 AM
Some people are just unreal on here! Easily Hanlons best game of the season so far, done everything a centre half is meant to do. Christ I'm sure i seen him fly into a 50/50 as well yet he gets a 2 & 4.

I understand he's no great and probably shouldn't be a starter but give the lad a break when he does well.

easty
12-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Some people are just unreal on here! Easily Hanlons best game of the season so far, done everything a centre half is meant to do. Christ I'm sure i seen him fly into a 50/50 as well yet he gets a 2 & 4.

I understand he's no great and probably shouldn't be a starter but give the lad a break when he does well.

Hanlon should be a starter. He was our best defender yesterday. I can't actually remember him doing anything wrong, bar putting the header over the bar, but that was hardly a simple chance.

Hibby 2005
12-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Not really sure why KT is getting such high marks and Robertson is getting low ones.. Much of a muchness from those two IMO

KT consistently slows things down whereas Robertson at least shows more urgency. Tudor Jones is possibly the slowest of all and Craig is looking lost. On paper our midfield looks great, on the park they're pants.

Aldo
12-08-2013, 07:14 AM

Subs

Don't know what game you were watching cos giving Hanlon a 4 and OTJ a 6 is just unbelievable.

Hanlon and Nelson dud a good job. Nelson was beaten by a cracking cross and header.

To give Craig a 6 and Robertson a 5 beggars belief. Your opinion mind but sorry but you must be a Lewis basher cos the lad can do no wrong. He did more than Craig and OTJ put together IMHO.

Really find the marks for some players strange considering they did and contributed nowt.

flash
12-08-2013, 07:25 AM
From in front of the telly but nonetheless.....

Williams- handled well no chance with goal- 7

Mullen- rash booking good chance he would have been sent off- 4
Nelson- beaten by good movement at goal otherside solid- 6
Hanlon- never troubled defensively- 7
Stevenson- not good enough in any department- 5

Craig- waste of time out wide- 5
OTJ- broke play up at times but slow- 5
Thomson- when he plays well so do we- 6
Robertson- probably hardest working player but a few rash tackles- 5

Vine- some nice touches but we need more, early days- 5
Collins- holds the ball up well needs support- 5

Subs:
McGivern- gave us more going forward- 5
Taiwo- worked hard missed decent chance- 4
Stanton- little chance to shine- N/A

Fenlon- unable to put a team out to deal with an awful Hertz- 2

Leighonel
12-08-2013, 07:37 AM

I agree, I think they could be our best cm pairing. They are both intelligent players.

IFONLY
12-08-2013, 07:50 AM

Totally agree, but you have to remember that most on here have to have a scapegoat every season, it seems that it is a three way tie at the moment between Hanlon, Stevenson and OTJ

spike220
12-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Williams 8 - Looked like he owned his box
Stevenson 5 - Very versatile which is good for Hibs but does not him find a performance
Nelson 7 - Solid but slow, but overall good.
Hanlon 7 - Solid and looked good
Mullen 6 - He will grow from the experience, one to watch I think.
OTJ 6 - Protected the back 4 well (I think that was his job he was give by PF)
Thompson 6 - He has more to give, I know he does
Craig 5 - Nothing came off for him
Robertson 7 - Put a bit of energy into the game and chased everything
Vine 6 - At least he gave them something to think about but would like to have seen Caldwell partner Collins
Collins 5 - Should have done better when through on goal
Subs - McGivern 5 - good going forward but, at fault for the goal
Taiwo not enough time
Stanton not enough time

PF - 4 should have out Caldwell out, I think his additions to the team are good, but tactics needs an overhaul. I do wonder if this is one level too high for him as a manager.

Waxy
12-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Williams has been a bit better with crosses this season (so far).
Must have got some homework over the summer.

MyJo
12-08-2013, 09:31 AM
williams - 8: A few good saves made, wasnt really much more he could have done.

Mullen - 7: was doing reasonably well but silly booking to have picked up and probably hooked to protect him from a red.
Nelson - 7: great in the air and gave us some steel at the back but was at fault for the goal IMO
Hanlon - 5: i dont remember seeing him for most of the game apart from a useless header at goal.
Stevenson - 5: ineffective at left back, worse than useles at right back.

Robertson - 6: never a right midfielder but got stuck in well and did what was asked of him.
Thomson - 8: head & shoulders above anyone else on the pitch and actually looked like he wanted it
OTJ - 5: anonymous
Craig - 6: did well when he drifted into the middle but is wasted out on the left.

Collins - 5: I really hope he isn't fit as he is looking like an expensive huddy at the moment, got one of our few chances on goal and he fluffed it.
Vine - 4: get rid of the f'ing beehive glued to your face and see if it makes it easier to look up before you shoot!

McGivern - 6: clearly still regaining fitness but his arrival seemed to spark us into action to push forward.
Taiwo - 5: unlucky not to get a goal but didnt really have much time to do anything
Stanton - 5: very little time to make any impact.

Waxy
12-08-2013, 09:32 AM
And i thought Robertson our best player.
Didn't hide at all and was into everthing.

Brightside
12-08-2013, 09:34 AM
Hahah how on earth can people still slate Hanlon!? I watched every minute of the game and i didnt see him do anything wrong.

Spike Mandela
12-08-2013, 09:53 AM
williams - 7: solid enough, not at fault for goal

Mullen - 5: Still a young laddie, didn't attack much, hooke due to booking.
Nelson - 5: solid enough against toothless Hearts
Hanlon - 5: As above
Stevenson - 3: abject performance. Can't even take throw ins.

Robertson - 6: Plenty of endeavour, promising.
Thomson - 8: Our best player on the day, by some way.
OTJ - 4: Couldn't really say what he did.
Craig - 5: very disappointed with him so far, had high hopes. Poor.

Collins - 4: Not much service but never looked like creating something himself.
Vine - 3: Non entity. Slow, lacking sharpness and pathetic effort at goal when clear. Not worthy of a no 9 Hibs shirt imo.

McGivern - 6: Good to see him back, attacked more but cross for goal came from his area.
Taiwo - 4: Probably should have started, at least got in position to have goal chance.
Stanton - 4: Didn't even notice laddie come on.

clerriehibs
12-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Why rate the players so highly? That was a dreadful performance. Hoof-ball played badly.

Williams 8
Stevenson 2
Nelson 6
Hanlon 3
Mullen 3
OTJ 1
Thompson 6
Craig 3
Robertson 3
Vine 1
Collins 4

Subs - McGivern 6
Taiwo 3
Stanton 1

PF 0

hoof ball played badly, yet a defender gets 6 and a forward gets 1?

BVB Hibs
12-08-2013, 11:28 AM
Williams 8 - Not at fault for the goal. Looked in control of his box in complete contrast to the end of last season, top marks.
Mullen 5 - Rash tackle, no other obvious faults
Nelson 6 - Solid on every attack, no getting through him in the middle. Caught out on the good cross and any attempt to play a short pass was woeful though.
Hanlon 7 - As above, solid in defence. Faultless for the goal. Good range of passing. Could possibly have done better with that header.
Stevenson 5 - Not as bad as some are saying but he's got negative ability with his head. Beaten a number of times but never led to a dangerous position.

OTJ 6 - Major part of the defensive solidity of the side. Slow and needs to work on his passing range, but he's done the job he's there for.
KT 6 - Few decent passes, no major mistakes.
Craig 6 - When given the ball in space he looked quite strong. Great work in for the Taiwo cross. Would be stronger through the center however.
Robertson 4 - Lost count on the muck deliveries into the box flying over the head of everybody. Need to probe when up the pitch, he just gave it away.
Vine 5 - Held up the ball well in the second half. Linked up well with Collins. Lacked composure to beat a player and seemed to panic under pressure.

Collins 5 - Not up for the fight, however showed what we might be able to look forward to, beat 2 players and then mucked up the shot. Decent back post attempt too.

McGivern 7 - Changed the game. Tried to go up the left time and time again. Probably our best player inthe game, but should have done better before the goal.
Taiwo 5 - Didn't do anything different to Robertson when he came on except stop trying balls in. Difficult chance but should have done better
Stanton 4 - Wasn't given enough time, but didn't make an impact. Couldn't create the pressure required at the end, Caldwell or Handling a better bet.

All in all I still maintain we were the better side on the park. When we played proper football we always looked like something would happen, just that we lacked composure up top. The goal was unfortunate, but being honest it was the single opportunity they had other than a 30 yard pot shot, and it was the only time the defence looked in trouble. The Robertson rating may be a little bit harsh, but he was the only one of the midfield players that didn't show me the potential to do anything better, tried hard but he didn't do anything useful.

Looking forward to seeing Mullen and McGivern playing together on the pitch. Both relatively attacking players and while they're not going to give crosses, they stretch the pitch in midfield. Lack of width isn't necessarily a bad thing, but we need to set up correctly. Balls into the forwards to play back out, quick passing, which we're not doing when the ball is up front. I don't know why we signed Collins if we plan on playing through the middle, a smaller quick forward would have been preferable, just offers a second dimension to our game. Would like to see Handling played up front, he has a good first touch and would be able to lay it on for the likes of Craig and Vine if played into his feet.

Aldo
12-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Hahah how on earth can people still slate Hanlon!? I watched every minute of the game and i didnt see him do anything wrong.

He didn't send tbh he was actually attacking the ball and not giving the CF time to do anything. Wonder if Nelson has had anything to do with this??

BVB Hibs
12-08-2013, 11:45 AM
He didn't send tbh he was actually attacking the ball and not giving the CF time to do anything. Wonder if Nelson has had anything to do with this??

Often last year it looked like Hanlon was compensating for the man beside him, which in turn made him play pretty much horrendously. So I think Nelson has made a massive difference to his confidence. It's a lot easier to play your own game when you know the guy beside you isn't likely to make mistakes, and I think we've seen that Hanlon actually has the ability to be an SPL centre back when he's playing his own game.

DH1875
12-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Every single one of them. Nuff said.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 11:54 AM
4s and 5s all around with a 1 for Tudor Jones for managing to tie his laces and maybe a 6 for Robertson who worked his socks off.

CorrieHibs
12-08-2013, 01:15 PM
KT consistently slows things down whereas Robertson at least shows more urgency. Tudor Jones is possibly the slowest of all and Craig is looking lost. On paper our midfield looks great, on the park they're pants.
I feel sorry for Craig. He's out of position. Never a winger! He's a attacking centre midfielder.

clerriehibs
12-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Williams - 4/10. Nothing to do, but he was Captain Mouse.
Nelson/Hanlon - 5/10 each for at least giving a sense of composure at the back for a change.
Stevenson - 5/10 for not hiding.
Thomson - 6/10 for not hiding and also having a go.

The rest of them? Wage thieves. And lose the beard, Vine. It makes you look even slower than you are, as and being too lazy to shave speaks volumes.

FromTheCapital
12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Starters: Williams (7), Mullen (5), Nelson (8), Hanlon (7), Stevenson (0), Robertson (6), OTJ (5), Thomson (6), Craig (6), Vine (6), Collins (6) - Subs: McGivern (7), Taiwo (5), Stanton (4)... First half was eye-bleeding, typical Edinburgh derby stuff. Thought we were the okay in all honesty in the second half. They came up the park once & scored. We defended solidly bar the goal. Nelson was a class act & not a big Hanlon fan but he was also strong. Stevenson should retire. Craig's not a left mid. OTJ needs to buck up his ideas. Thommo was decent. Vine & Collins got no service but they had a chance each & should've done a bit better tbh. Fenlon can **** off. Nice guy but totally clueless tactically. Hibs fans were brilliant as usual but left with their pride battered by the worst Hearts team I've witnessed in a long time, maybe even ever. :rolleyes: