PDA

View Full Version : Craig Thomson

Northernhibee
11-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Not an excuse for the performance but unsurprised to see him back to his old ways. Failed to book their players for two or three yellow card offences and books Robertson for **** all, gifts them free kicks in dangerous positions and generally made it even tougher for us.

How the man is still in a job is beyond me. Jambo arse of the highest order.

PeterboroHibee
11-08-2013, 09:58 PM
We were kicking the **** out of their players all game, absolutely no complaints with any of the cards or the free kicks. I dont think Thomson did anything wrong today.

Northernhibee
11-08-2013, 09:59 PM
What did Vine do to merit his yellow? Only saw the Hearts player lash out at him.

Eyrie
11-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Sticks in the craw but I thought he had a decent game. Only real howler was gifting them a free kick at the end of the first half when McCrappie flung himself into one of our players.

lugz
Robertson was booked for persistent fouling (must have been 5 or 6 before being booked). If anything he let us off with the vine tackle, if he's as bad as people say he'd have been off.

No sticking up for him as he's still a tool of the highest order!

Thecat23
For once he was irrelevant. Thought he got his bookings correct.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Apart from rewarding McHattie with free kicks for diving over trailing legs I thought he was fair. He saw how inept we were so never had to intervene.

Emerald
11-08-2013, 10:02 PM
We were kicking the **** out of their players all game, absolutely no complaints with any of the cards or the free kicks. I dont think Thomson did anything wrong today.

He had a good game today and we had no complaints. There was a strange incident though when it all kicked off at the end of the first half. I thought McTattie (I think it was him) tried to kick a hibs players head off but missed. Watched loads of times on the Sky plus and still can't believe he never walked for it, anyone else notice this?

Northernhibee
11-08-2013, 10:04 PM
He had a good game today and we had no complaints. There was a strange incident though when it all kicked off at the end of the first half. I thought McTattie (I think it was him) tried to kick a hibs players head off but missed. Watched loads of times on the Sky plus and still can't believe he never walked for it, anyone else notice this?

Yep, thought I saw the same too.

West hamBERNIAN
11-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Actually thought he did okay. There second free kick just outside the box was my only grumble. There player was clearly looking for it and went down under minimal contact if any under OTJ challenge, other than that, not much wrong. Still a dirty bass though.

Winston Ingram
11-08-2013, 10:06 PM

We weren't kicking the **** out of them. We were winning the ball and they were rolling about like they'd been shot. Scott Robertson was booked for persistently winning the ball:agree:

Winston Ingram
11-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Robertson was booked for persistent fouling (must have been 5 or 6 before being booked). If anything he let us off with the vine tackle, if he's as bad as people say he'd have been off.

No sticking up for him as he's still a tool of the highest order!

The Vine challenge was fine. Stevenson was just as high

Northernhibee
11-08-2013, 10:10 PM

I don't know why the Hearts player wasn't booked for lashing out.

Another situation in the second half where a Hearts player stood right in front of the ball to prevent McGivern taking a free kick. Unless the rules have changed it's a bookable offence.

Just goes to show how atrocious refereeing in this country is if that's seen as a good performance.

IberianHibernian
11-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Don`t think his decisions affected result but how many of the 8 cards were necessary or deserved ? I actually thought none of them and game is being killed by so many breaks in play . In this case probably not the refs fault but rules . Would like to see hardening on time wasting and where throw ins are taken from . Sad to see so much deliberate timewasting and acting at injuries from young players ( today from Hearts players but unfortunately would probably be the same if we`d been winning ) but not sure what solution is since it`s something that starts when players are still at school ) .

lugz
11-08-2013, 10:12 PM

We'll have to disagree on that one. If it had been the other way round I'm sure we'd all be moaning and having a go that nothing was done.

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 10:16 PM
i have no complaints about thomson today , he got all the big calls right . maybe he was a bit card happy but at least none of them were red

Holmesdale Hibs
11-08-2013, 10:17 PM
What did Vine do to merit his yellow? Only saw the Hearts player lash out at him.

Not sure about the yellow he did get but the half time pundit (Neil McCann I think) was saying that Vine should have been sent off for his tackle on tattoo man. Did look a sore one but difficult to tell whether Vine meant it. Red would have been harsh IMO but a booking would have been fair enough. Either way it was nowhere near as bad as tattoo mans 'tackle' on McPake.

I thought Thompson was ok and it's the first time I can remember when we've been the more physical team in a derby.

hibee19
11-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Very good game today under a lot of pressure. It must have been tempting with a lot of eyes on him to overcompensate but he never. Neither side can feel too aggrevated by any decision. Produced enough cards to prevent the game spilling over but did well to avoid sending anyone off.

Billychaotic182
11-08-2013, 10:59 PM
His booking for Craig was harsh from
What I can remember

Baader
12-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Thomson will have mixed emotions on leaving his yak supporters club branch tonight - happy with the victory but annoyed he did not get a chance to send off anyone wearing green.

His role in one particular match will not be forgotten

Purehibee_MYB
12-08-2013, 02:10 AM
McHattie sold him on that dive, hard for refs when players try to fool them. He was ok today, made the game a little stop start but can hardly be blamed for that with the stupid challenges being made by both teams. All in all, as people have said he was irrelevant to the result.

francobaresi
12-08-2013, 06:49 AM
Better performance, can't argue with many decisions, let some things go for both teams, need to focus on our performance rather than the refs.

Geo_1875
12-08-2013, 09:02 AM
I don't think he had to try too hard to help hertz yesterday but seemed very willing to give them free-kicks near our box for nothing.

I don't know how he works out stoppage time either. 3 minutes extra in each half was a lot less than I expected as they were time-wasting from kick-off.

StevieC
12-08-2013, 09:32 AM
I don't know how he works out stoppage time either.

The fourth official works out the stoppage time. Thomson did point to his watch a few times and told them to hurry it up, it's up to the fourth official to decide whether that warrants additional time.

I thought Thomson did okay, kept conrol of a game that could have got out of hand at one point.

The Sea-gull
12-08-2013, 09:38 AM
Thought he was overly fussy with stopping the paly in first half but like most derbies there were a lot of tough tackles from both teams and a few scuffles.

Don't think he showed any real bias against us on this occasion but he was generally a bit whistle and card happy against both sets of players.

Phil D. Rolls
12-08-2013, 09:41 AM
The assault on Ryan Stevenson was a red card. If Thompson thinks that will get us in his good books again, he really has to do better.

neil7908
12-08-2013, 09:47 AM

Spot on. We were embarrassing at times, hurtful to see us adopt Hearts tactics of kicking lumps out of young, inexperienced opposition.

Ref was fine and if anything we could have picked up more cards

HH81
12-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Not an excuse for the performance but unsurprised to see him back to his old ways. Failed to book their players for two or three yellow card offences and books Robertson for **** all, gifts them free kicks in dangerous positions and generally made it even tougher for us.

How the man is still in a job is beyond me. Jambo arse of the highest order.

Poor post. Thompson was fine, Hibs were crap.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Thomson was ok.

He got things right and wrong for both sides, he's just a not a very good referee.

Del Boy
12-08-2013, 10:08 AM
In all honesty we probably got more 50-50 decisions than them. Ref was fine, we were muck.

Scottie
12-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Thomsons performance was fine

It was US that were S**T .

Hermit Crab
12-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Ref was fine. Thought vine was lucky as he went over the ball on Stevenson.

BurstBaw
12-08-2013, 12:57 PM
The fourth official works out the stoppage time. Thomson did point to his watch a few times and told them to hurry it up, it's up to the fourth official to decide whether that warrants additional time.

I thought Thomson did okay, kept conrol of a game that could have got out of hand at one point.

Its the Referee who tells the Fourth official how long to add on at the end of each half!!!!

Craig got away with a STAMP on McGowan also...... :-)