PDA

View Full Version : Fair Play to Locke and that Hearts team

Col2
11-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Clearly they will struggle but I have to give them credit today for giving it 100% and they were the better team. They had some young players who would have been nervous but in the end won reasonably comfortably.

We can concentrate on how disgraceful we were but they played to the maximum of ability and desire and scored from the only decent piece of skill (cross and header).

Locke interview afterwards didn't try and score points and snide remarks.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 05:13 PM
I hate praising that lot but whilst they lacked anything going forward they were well organised and every player looked like they knew what they were doing.

Hibs on the other hand.... .....

lord bunberry
11-08-2013, 05:14 PM
The day I give that hearts muppet or his team anything other than abuse is the day I pack it all in. Remember his actions when he was a coach a couple of seasons ago.

Makaveli
11-08-2013, 05:15 PM
F*** every word of that.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Clearly they will struggle but I have to give them credit today for giving it 100% and they were the better team. They had some young players who would have been nervous but in the end won reasonably comfortably.

We can concentrate on how disgraceful we were but they played to the maximum of ability and desire and scored from the only decent piece of skill (cross and header).

Wouldn't by any way shape or form, say they were the better team. A fairly even first half, but we had more of the second up until their goal, then they resorted to time wasting and spoiling.....Not sour grapes, they are pash, but we only have ourselves to blame for losing to them....

scuttle
11-08-2013, 05:17 PM
They will struggle this season, had even less creativity than we did. But what they have in their favour is a cause ,adversity, which might just help them finish above us and the fact that we equally poor

bigwheel
11-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I thought they were the better side in the first half . They fought for every ball . We had the best of the second half until they scored ..

if they were to fight like that all season they won't be far away from staying up .

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2013, 05:18 PM
A good cross and a good header for the goal. Their team of kids displayed their passion and played for the jersey. Nothing wrong with acknowledging their spirit, something we badly lacked.

Hibby70
11-08-2013, 05:20 PM
That's as good as Hearts will be all season, I hope to god it's not the same with our lot.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 05:23 PM
It will be a cold day in Hell before I give them any credit, especially after a derby victory.

Liquidation can't come quickly enough.

F.T.H. :bye:

CallumLaidlaw
11-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Wouldn't by any way shape or form, say they were the better team. A fairly even first half, but we had more of the second up until their goal, then they resorted to time wasting and spoiling.....Not sour grapes, they are pash, but we only have ourselves to blame for losing to them....

Yip, agree with that. Thought both teams were awful in the first half. We were the better team in the 2nd half until a good cross and a good header. As you say, spoiler tactics after that, with the add on that our manager has no clue how to change things.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM

:agree: They are a poor side who were pumped up to the max, backed by their crowd. We matched them all over the park and were slightly the better side without creating one single good chance.

Hearts scored with their only chance and won the game.

They will struggle to keep that momentum going, and will be relegated quite easily this season. We on the other hand with this current manager will struggle along in the bottom 6 as usual.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 05:30 PM
I've got a message for them 'hope your clubs deid before the end of the week' ****in' tramps

Col2
11-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Maybe I was wrong as OP saying they were better team but I thought they edged it. They were better in first half out of two horrible horrible team performances. We had a dominant 15 -20 min spell in 2nd half before they scored and then they were comfortable for remaining 20. Hence why I thought they edged it.

Two very poor teams, very poor derby.

Pete
11-08-2013, 05:32 PM
A lot of people had them as underdogs and on paper they were. They done well to get the result in the circumstance and it's irrelevant how bad they were, so well done.

That can be their moment of glory this season
:-)

Right, enough of that. Dundee United next, with or without Fenlon.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Maybe I was wrong as OP saying they were better team but I thought they edged it. They were better in first half out of two horrible horrible team performances. We had a dominant 15 -20 min spell in 2nd half before they scored and then they were comfortable for remaining 20. Hence why I thought they edged it.

Two very poor teams, very poor derby.

That seems to be a recurring theme.

Most derbies over the past few years have been murder to watch.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
The day I give that hearts muppet or his team anything other than abuse is the day I pack it all in. Remember his actions when he was a coach a couple of seasons ago.

What actions were those? Not doubting he did something, just can't remember it.

Hearts were almost as bad as we were. 2 bad teams and a scrappy game with no flow or quality. Difference is hearts have a makeshift team so they deserve some credit but a very limited amount as they only won because we're ****.

PeeJay
11-08-2013, 05:40 PM

IMO they were the better TEAM ... they wanted it more, they got the goal, they got the three points - with Fenlon in charge we are in serious trouble. As bad as the situation at Tynecastle is, they still manage to put out a makeshift team and beat us: what does that say about our club?

Hibs07p
11-08-2013, 05:41 PM
The simple facts are, we weren't beat by Glocke's tactics or team spirit, but by PF's inability to form the players we had available, into an attacking force that should have buried them. We beat ourselves, and Glocke, HMFC, deserve no credit for us under-performing.

GGTTH

erin go bragh
11-08-2013, 05:42 PM

:cb NAH ,,, total numpty , this win will feel like a loss when Fenlon gets emptied .imo

ggtth

Cabbage East
11-08-2013, 05:42 PM
In what way were they the better team?

We were the only team that tried to win the game, they got lucky with one chance.

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 05:46 PM

We were the only team that tried to win the game, they got lucky with one chance.

Surely the team that's capable of taking their chances and keeping a clean sheet deserves to win the game?

Or are we all as thick as the manager?

Bobby's Cinema
11-08-2013, 05:48 PM
**** that.

heretoday
11-08-2013, 05:52 PM
Two below average teams. I thought Hibs were gaining the upper hand through the second half and they had two good chances. Hearts had one and took it. Well done them.

YehButNoBut
11-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Nothing to do with Locke or Hearts being decent.

Hibs are a charity case for teams in need of a result, anytime a club is desperate for a decent result up pop Hibs to help them out.

Today was not about Hearts being decent but us being bad.

There should have been a wide gulf between us and their under-21 team but we made them look decent.

It's what Pat does..............................sadly.

weonlywon6-2
11-08-2013, 06:00 PM
It will be a cold day in Hell before I give them any credit, especially after a derby victory.

Im with you on this one !!!!

Thecat23
11-08-2013, 06:02 PM
I thought Hearts were rotten, we again set out conservative and shat the bed. When will our ****ing managers just go and have a go?? We get pumped enough now to think **** it nothing to lose.

Here's a thought for training Pat..... Ball is round ****ING pass it to each other.

Judas Iscariot
I agree with the OP..

Just shows how much we've been kicked & let down by this Hibs regime, Petrie et al, as I'd NEVER imagined myself giving that bunch of freaks credit..

Fenlon has knocked the fight & stuffing right out the support, team and club..

jonty
They took their chance. We didn't take our chances.

we won't be the only team they'll win against but they'll struggle this season.

dutchhibby
they can have mullen back imo

Sudds_1
11-08-2013, 06:05 PM
:agree: They are a poor side who were pumped up to the max, backed by their crowd. We matched them all over the park and were slightly the better side without creating one single good chance.

They will struggle to keep that momentum going, and will be relegated quite easily this season. We on the other hand with this current manager will struggle along in the bottom 6 as usual.

:agree:............. 100% BH

Waxy
11-08-2013, 06:16 PM
They are utter **** and are cleary going down.
Unfortunately we are **** also, enough that they could snatch a lucky win.

neil7908
11-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Still think they'll go down this year but seriously concerned that we will be the team struggling down at the bottom with them.

To their credit they weren't as bad as I thought but I can't see them getting many easier games all season.

To be honest with you I'm tired of talking and thinking about Hearts, we spend far too much time concerning ourselves with them over the last few years and not focusing on our own problems.

BH Hibs
11-08-2013, 06:19 PM
**** them if our manager had sent out our team with one ounce of ambition to win the game we would have beat them. Motherwell, Aberdeen and others will steamroller them. We Are just not at the races

Alfred E Newman
11-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Fortunately for us that Hearts team will struggle to amass much more than the 15 point penalty. Full marks to them for effort today but we are probably the worst team they will meet this season.

Stringer
11-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Hibs make teams look good. We don't press high enough and when we do have possession we treat the ball like a bomb.

Saorsa
11-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Nah, yer awrite :bye:

**** h****s

Billy Whizz
11-08-2013, 06:32 PM
they can have mullen back imo

That's unfair

KeithTheHibby
11-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Good one Pat.

The yams deserved to win end of. The performance from Hearts was predictable, they were seriously up for it and it showed.
We on the other hand set out a team not to lose, again. Why we never went at them from the start is beyond me.

I said during the week than anything less than a win should see Fenlon punted and I stand by that. Losing today was a disgrace.

weonlywon6-2
11-08-2013, 07:01 PM
**** them if our manager had sent out our team with one ounce of ambition to win the game we would have beat them. Motherwell, Aberdeen and others will steamroller them. We Are just not at the races

Yep i agree.they are going to get a real thumping this season,shame it wont be us doing it

sesoim
11-08-2013, 07:08 PM

No way. If we finally get a decent manager in now, we'll give them a good thumping in all the other derbies this season. If they die, we wont get the chance.

On the other hand, if we keep Fenlon, I never want to see another Hibs game again, never mind a Hearts game.

Jim44
11-08-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm not as cock-sure as the vast majority of punters here that they will be in relegation trouble this season. For example, over the course of a whole season, their desperation, effort and luck will keep them plodding away, picking up points whereas teams (cr@p) like us will flounder aimlessly all season and are as likely to be relegated as they are. That 12 points could become 6 on Friday and from there anything could happen. Yes, enjoy the banter of seeing them struggle off the park but their footballing position is nowhere as perilous as some folk think.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 07:19 PM
I'm not as cock-sure as the vast majority of punters here that they will be in relegation trouble this season. For example, over the course of a whole season, their desperation, effort and luck will keep them plodding away, picking up points whereas teams (cr@p) like us will flounder aimlessly all season and are as likely to be relegated as they are. That 12 points could become 6 on Friday and from there anything could happen. Yes, enjoy the banter of seeing them struggle off the park but their footballing position is nowhere as perilous as some folk think.

Are they getting double points for a win now? :confused:

:wink:

theonlywayisup

How? Surely that is impossible!!!!

Hertz played with youthful enthusiam. It worked for them against us. Time will tell if it works against better teams.

Waxy
I'm not as cock-sure as the vast majority of punters here that they will be in relegation trouble this season. For example, over the course of a whole season, their desperation, effort and luck will keep them plodding away, picking up points whereas teams (cr@p) like us will flounder aimlessly all season and are as likely to be relegated as they are. That 12 points could become 6 on Friday and from there anything could happen. Yes, enjoy the banter of seeing them struggle off the park but their footballing position is nowhere as perilous as some folk think.how can the 12 points become 6 on friday?
They getting 6 points for a win now?

hibbymick
11-08-2013, 07:21 PM

Even paul daniels couldnae make that happen.

GlenrothesHibee
11-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Are u having a laugh mate? They were *** brutal. Cant fault their goal but they were utter garbage. How we lost to that shower i will never know

3pm
11-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I thought Hearts were rotten, we again set out conservative and shat the bed. When will our ****ing managers just go and have a go?? We get pumped enough now to think **** it nothing to lose.

Here's a thought for training Pat..... Ball is round ****ING pass it to each other.

I don't think passing is the prob TC. Some of it is really neat and tidy.

It's passing with pace and purpose at the right time that's the problem.

Alfred E Newman
11-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Jim, that team will struggle to gain 30 points this season. That makes a total of 15 and certain relegation. They would love to play us every week but most of the rest will beat them easily.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2013, 08:53 PM
GTF ...... Fair play my arse!!!

Hibs would have been lucky to beat an up for it league 2 team today ..... we were that bad.

The credit doesnt lie with Lock or the Yams youth team ..... If anybody deserves the credit for that result today we dont have to look any further than our own manager.

green.and.white
11-08-2013, 08:54 PM
This thread sums up how soft we are as a club

mutley
11-08-2013, 09:09 PM

That says it all for me, and how many times have we seen that?

mikewynne
11-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Those were 2 terrible teams playing in a simply awful game. Both will clearly struggle badly this season.

500miles
11-08-2013, 09:20 PM

Collins had a couple of good chances where he snatched at the ball too quickly. As did Vine. We had a couple of near misses with headers. Taiwo should have made better contact with his chance.

We actually made a number of good chances, without performing well. Hearts are garbage, but their luck was in today.

iwasthere1972
11-08-2013, 09:26 PM

This. Hearts were gash. Would never praise any Hearts team regardless of how well they may have done and they didn't do much more than us except score a goal. The only entertainment today were the usual yam pitch invading muppets.

GGTTH

lochhibs
11-08-2013, 09:26 PM
i canny believe what im reading.they deserve no praise for playing anti football.we have our own failings and im by no means backing fenlon but at least at times we tried to play.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 09:48 PM
No way. If we finally get a decent manager in now, we'll give them a good thumping in all the other derbies this season. If they die, we wont get the chance.

On the other hand, if we keep Fenlon, I never want to see another Hibs game again, never mind a Hearts game.

Personally, I'd rather they just died.

The sooner, the better.

Hibby 2005
11-08-2013, 09:55 PM

At the moment it's a 3 way race between us, Hearts and St Mirren for relegation and I don't see that changing as long as Fenlon is in charge.

Hearts are 4 wins away from us and I can't see where our next win is coming from as we are totally devoid of ideas.

gillythehibby
11-08-2013, 09:56 PM
Usual cliches on this thread. Lets not start all this "fair play tae locke" and "they wanted it more" and **** like that. Listen, Hertz were gash. They had 1 chance all game. Hibs although mediocre never looked in danger. Seems to be open season for a pop at hibs from all angles 2 games into the season with a clutch of new players. We got beat by a goal to nil. End of. We carry on.

The_Todd
11-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Fair play my bahooky. This is our problem, we're too nice. Fair play? Get tae Falkirk. Hibs threw the game, and that's the bottom line.

God Petrie
11-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Just bumped into Gary MacKay in town. Apparently the words "Kevin Harper" really agitate him.

IberianHibernian
11-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Terrible result and performance but better performance than 0v0 at New Year or cup win last season but they took their only chance from open play and we missed a few . After every Derby there are days of comments here about manager etc even if we win ( then we`re worldbeaters or how bad are Hearts ? ) but reality is we lost after playing badly but not deserving to lose against a fired-up team ( like losing to a wee club in cup tie ) . We`re one point worse off tan this time last season , have lots of new signings settling in and will son climb the table .

Jim44
11-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Are they getting double points for a win now? :confused:

:wink:

Sorry about the arithmetic, but if I was forced to put good money on their fate, I would put it on them avoiding relegation. I'm glad I won't be forced to put good money on our fate as we are about to go into freefall yet again.

Kaiser1962
11-08-2013, 10:18 PM
That's as good as Hearts will be all season, I hope to god it's not the same with our lot.

I always felt that Hearts would come out of the close season fighting for survival and they need to make a lot of headway in the first round of games as they will find results difficult to come by after that. Nothing I saw today has altered that opinion.

The Green Goblin
11-08-2013, 10:51 PM
As limited as they were as a side, I really don't remember us troubling them at all. That includes the period after their goal when we seemed to try and up the pressure. Unlike us, hoofing the ball over the top at every opportunity didn't seem to be their game plan and their passing on the deck was faster and more accurate. They got past our defenders fairly easily and got a lot more crosses into the box, almost getting a 2nd in a move that was the same as the one that got them their goal. Our first corner came after 72 minutes and we had one proper chance in the whole game. So, I'm not sure how much "credit" is due to them for beating us, but from what I saw, they seemed to know what they were supposed to do tactically and dealt with us pretty easily. So, as "gash" as they supposedly were, we were much worse. Imho.

Pete
11-08-2013, 11:28 PM
This thread sums up how soft we are as a club

What are you talking about?

People talk about our attitude "as a club" but the people who are giving them credit aren't on the pitch or effecting the result in any way. It also doesn't mean we don't care any less either.

It's a myth that the level of hatred towards your rivals somehow has a positive effect on the performances against them or instils some kind of undefeatable siege mentality within the club.

You can give your own team confidence by showing support or make them unsure and indecisive by getting on their backs. You can maybe intimidate the opposition. In a nutshell, that's all we can do.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Sorry about the arithmetic, but if I was forced to put good money on their fate, I would put it on them avoiding relegation. I'm glad I won't be forced to put good money on our fate as we are about to go into freefall yet again.

I won't be surprised if they stay up this year although I would still put them as favourites at the moment.

Hibby D
12-08-2013, 01:33 AM
Surely the team that's capable of taking their chances and keeping a clean sheet deserves to win the game?

:top marks

KWJ
12-08-2013, 02:50 AM
Well a reckon the Edinburgh Big Team should pass the Edinburgh Wee Team in aboot 6 weeks !!!

:faf::jamboak::jamboid::doh::no way::scarf::tee hee::applause::idiot::wtf:

JohnStephens91
12-08-2013, 03:29 AM
**** Locke. **** Brown. **** Ryan Stevenson. **** McHattie who looks like he is in the queue to get his meth. **** Paterson. **** Hammill the lookalike of Gollums scrotum. **** Wilson. **** everything in maroon. **** their fans and **** their tinpot stadium that is a ****ing death trap. **** Hearts they were ****ing *****. They just took their one golden chance. **** them. ****my *****.

Gala Foxes
12-08-2013, 05:27 AM
There was never any doubt that Hearts would be up for this, we had a team of players who were going through the motions, they had a team that are fighting for their lives, clearly our management team can't either motivate or manage the players they have, in some cases they don't even seem to know where some players should be playing.

Never mind, Clancy + McPake will be back soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total shambles

500miles
12-08-2013, 05:52 AM

Unless of course, it's us that win the game. I kept hearing last season, when we picked up points, how we were lucky to get anything, or didn't deserve the win.

The better team doesn't always win, sometimes the lucky team does.

Phil MaGlass
12-08-2013, 07:36 AM
They are utter **** and are cleary going down.
Unfortunately we are **** also, enough that they could snatch a lucky win.

I wouldnt put money on Hertz going down. My money would be on Hibs going down, no fire, no passion, no skill no F,N ORGANISATION

Phil D. Rolls
12-08-2013, 07:57 AM
I wonder how long these kids can handle getting kicked about the park the way they did yesterday? A couple of them took sore ones, easy to take when the Ardenaline is pumping, but when you are trailing at a damp Firhill in November, a bit harder.

Wee teams tend to get big wins early on, but their character and physicality is bound to be tested by a punishing campaign. Any struggling team knows that points against Hearts are a guarantee of Premier League football next year.

Verdict: relegated by Christmas. They have too big a handicap to overcome. They won't take 12 points off us this year.

Ritchie
12-08-2013, 08:01 AM
What i can't get over is how a bunch of young laddies could string 3 or more passes together when Hibs couldnt!?

embarrassing!

Jones28
12-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Congratulating derby rivals when they win against you? No ta, they can GTF and I hope they're relegated too.

This thread is Hibs in a nutshell. Soft.

SlickShoes
12-08-2013, 08:20 AM
sickening thread this.

#FromTheCapital
12-08-2013, 11:03 AM
They contributed to one of the worst games of hoof sorry football I've seen in a long time and they certainly didn't play any better than us but it was a decent goal that separated the sides. This is the first time they've beat us in many a year where they've not been financially doped up to the eyeballs so credit to them for that. We've no excuses this time, we are just terrible

joe breezy
12-08-2013, 01:09 PM
the good news is that Partick Thistle and St Mirren will both give them a better game than Hibs so I don't predict many other wins for Hearts this season

The_Todd
12-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Congratulating derby rivals when they win against you? No ta, they can GTF and I hope they're relegated too.

This thread is Hibs in a nutshell. Soft.

This

Phil D. Rolls
12-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Losing Stevenson for three months won't make it any easier. It would be a miracle if they don't get more injuries as they play against other physical sides. Really can't see them staying up.

weonlywon6-2
12-08-2013, 07:25 PM
I wonder how long these kids can handle getting kicked about the park the way they did yesterday? A couple of them took sore ones, easy to take when the Ardenaline is pumping, but when you are trailing at a damp Firhill in November, a bit harder.

Wee teams tend to get big wins early on, but their character and physicality is bound to be tested by a punishing campaign. Any struggling team knows that points against Hearts are a guarantee of Premier League football next year.

Verdict: relegated by Christmas. They have too big a handicap to overcome. They won't take 12 points off us this year.

If we get our act together the new year derby could be interesting.
As for giving them credit,not a chance

green day
12-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Losing Stevenson for three months won't make it any easier. It would be a miracle if they don't get more injuries as they play against other physical sides. Really can't see them staying up.

This. Our problem is that, under PF we could easily win no games this side of christmas which drags us into contention for the drop!

green day
12-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Oh, and as for "fair play to g Locke etc" beat it, he is a welt, his team are runts, and the fans are ****.

Fair play to them indeed!

eastterrace
12-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Terrible result and performance but better performance than 0v0 at New Year or cup win last season but they took their only chance from open play and we missed a few . After every Derby there are days of comments here about manager etc even if we win ( then we`re worldbeaters or how bad are Hearts ? ) but reality is we lost after playing badly but not deserving to lose against a fired-up team ( like losing to a wee club in cup tie ) . We`re one point worse off tan this time last season , have lots of new signings settling in and will son climb the table .

are you for real okay were one point worse off but we are playing the worst style off football i can remember, we have had about 5 decent atempts on goal in four games and you think we will climb the table, we are in a struggle with hearts and st mirren its going to be a long hard season unless we bin him now.

The_Todd
12-08-2013, 07:34 PM
are you for real okay were one point worse off but we are playing the worst style off football i can remember, we have had about 5 decent atempts on goal in four games and you think we will climb the table, we are in a struggle with hearts and st mirren its going to be a long hard season unless we bin him now.

We're playing with a style? I suppose even the people at the time thought the 70's were stylish :wink:

strummbo
12-08-2013, 09:26 PM
get stuffed!

green.and.white
12-08-2013, 10:39 PM
What are you talking about?

People talk about our attitude "as a club" but the people who are giving them credit aren't on the pitch or effecting the result in any way. It also doesn't mean we don't care any less either.

It's a myth that the level of hatred towards your rivals somehow has a positive effect on the performances against them or instils some kind of undefeatable siege mentality within the club.

You can give your own team confidence by showing support or make them unsure and indecisive by getting on their backs. You can maybe intimidate the opposition. In a nutshell, that's all we can do.

What are you talking about? When have you ever heard of teams complimenting their rivals on a great win buddy old chaps!?! We should be fuming, not complimenting them. Sorry if that's a ridiculous idea

JohnStephens91
13-08-2013, 01:03 AM
What are you talking about? When have you ever heard of teams complimenting their rivals on a great win buddy old chaps!?! We should be fuming, not complimenting them. Sorry if that's a ridiculous idea

Exactly. Hearts will never got a complement off of me, or a pat on the back. **** them and I hope they get shafted in every game and go down. I also hope Billy Brown has a full on mental breakdown. *****, the lot of them.