PDA

View Full Version : Protest

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 01:31 PM
OK, it sounds like Fenlon is NOT going to resign. Incredibly, he just thinks it was bad luck.

I posted this comment on another thread but feel it's worth a thread of its own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he doesn't resign and isn't sacked, we really need to start thinking what we as fans can do to get rid. We really need to make our feelings known.

We slagged off Hearts fans for inaction during the demise of their club. We need to do something to show we care and make change happen.

What do you intend to do?

Hibs7
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Boycott the next 2 home matches and he is gone !!

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Vote with your feet.

Not something I normally advocate but enough is enough.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 01:35 PM

Good idea. Would everybody be willing to do that?

I'm absolutely serious here. I don't want this to be just Internet talk, I want to make this happen.

What else can we do in the meantime, to try to get him out even sooner, if possible?

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 01:36 PM
2000 people standing outside the entrance to easter road at 7:30 am monday morning

all waving FENLON MUST GO BANNERS

J-C
11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
2000 people standing outside the entrance to easter road at 7:30 am monday morning

This and even have a good few hundred at East Mains doing the same.

silverhibee
Good idea. Would everybody be willing to do that?

I'm absolutely serious here. I don't want this to be just Internet talk, I want to make this happen.

What else can we do in the meantime, to try to get him out even sooner, if possible?

Protest at EM on Tuesday as no doubt they will have the day off tomorrow.

spike220
OK, it sounds like Fenlon is NOT going to resign. Incredibly, he just thinks it was bad luck.

I posted this comment on another thread but feel it's worth a thread of its own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If he doesn't resign and isn't sacked, we really need to start thinking what we as fans can do to get rid. We really need to make our feelings known.

My Dad just told me that, if Fenlon isn't gone by tomorrow at the latest, he's returning his Season Ticket and letting Hibs know the reason why. If I didn't live abroad and still had a Season Ticket, I'd be returning mine as well.

We slagged off Hearts fans for inaction during the demise of their club. We need to do something to show we care and make change happen.

What do you intend to do?I think Pat is doing all he can, he will hang on for a two more games I foresee and then he will either go or we be winning. I think he will be by September though based on recent showings.

Castle Hibs
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM

Petrie may not understand the importance of winning and playing good football but when the revenue starts to drop off he will take action.

silverhibee
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
I think Pat is doing all he can, he will hang on for a two more games I foresee and then he will either go or we be winning. I think he will be by September though based on recent showings.

Sorry he has to go and tonight is as good a time as any.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Guys, please don't turn this into an attempt at comedy. This is really serious.

As I mentioned earlier, if we do nothing, we're no better than the Hearts fans who presided over the demise of their club.

Did you laugh at them and their in-action? Guess what, they're now laughing at you.

Baader
11-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Sounds desperate. Dont think our squad is too bad - Is better than most of the teams who have been finishing above us. Unfortunately the main thing wrong is our manager.

Yuillsy
11-08-2013, 01:42 PM
I think Pat is doing all he can, he will hang on for a two more games I foresee and then he will either go or we be winning. I think he will be by September though based on recent showings.

There's no point in him hanging around until September. I don't know how much cash hibs have for transfers but a new manager must get some time with the transfer window still open to sort out the problems we have.

hibee19

I dont know how serious you are but if this happens I'd be there. The club is slowly dying and its time the supporters stood up.

Emerald

My Dad just told me that, if Fenlon isn't gone by tomorrow at the latest, he's returning his Season Ticket and letting Hibs know the reason why. If I didn't live abroad and still had a Season Ticket, I'd be returning mine as well.

I would really like to know how we do. Trouble is this imposter will not do the decent thing and admit he is way out of his depth and resign. He will hang on and go with a big pay off, disgusting! I'm a bed wetter and knee jerker by the way and have been for a long while now. We need to give managers time but we should give that time to the right man, not a part time rookie at this level. He is dragging us down to lower levels than I could ever have imagined. Get rid now before we are too far into the season for someone else to turn things around

spike220
11-08-2013, 01:43 PM

As I mentioned earlier, if we do nothing, we're no better than the Hearts fans who presided over the demise of their club.

Did you laugh at them and their in-action? Guess what, they're now laughing at you. what post are you talking about they all look serious to me?

Greenblood70
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Vote with your feet.

Not something I normally advocate but enough is enough.

Yep, I won't be using my season ticket until both the manager and Petrie are gone. Petrie should have had the bawz to sack Felon after Malmo but he's sat on his hands again just like he did with Calderwood.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
what post are you talking about they all look serious to me?

Sory mate, I just wasn't sure about the standing outside ER at 7:30 and I've seen the way some previous threads have gone (guilty myself).

Apologies if I picked that up wrong.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I know I'll get pelters for this as I'm not one best placed to organise some kind of protest, due to my location (Munich), but anyway.

Is there anyone out there that is willing to take this on locally and get something done? Someone to organise things.

I'm prepared to do the best I can from here and also to help out where possible but I'm limited by being located so far away.

I'm quite prepared to take any stick coming my way (feel free, I don't care as long as we do what's best for our club) for starting this thread, knowing that I'm relying on other people but somebody had to start the discussion.

silverhibee
11-08-2013, 01:55 PM
I know I'll get pelters for this as I'm not one best placed to organise some kind of protest, due to my location (Munich), but anyway.

Is there anyone out there that is willing to take this on locally and get something done? Someone to organise things.

I'm prepared to do the best I can from here and also to help out where possible but I'm limited by being located so far away.

I'm quite prepared to take any stick coming my way (feel free, I don't care as long as we do what's best for our club) for starting this thread, knowing that I'm relying on other people but somebody had to start the discussion.

A protest outside Easter Road Main stand at lunchtime tomorrow.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 01:57 PM
A protest outside Easter Road Main stand at lunchtime tomorrow.

Anyone else prepared to go?

WestStandMoaner
11-08-2013, 01:59 PM
The only way you will get change at Easter Road is to go back to good old fashion protesting, if the fans protest outside the main stand instead of key board bashing, nothing will change. Our present team is worst than last season, we played a weaker Motherwell side and got beat, we play a youth Hearts team and got beat, where is the improvement, there is none, but unless the fans go on mass to the main stand on Saturday against UTD nothing will change, we will continue to play the worst football I have seen in many a year and the board will survive because we would all rather have a rant behind a key board than get of our bums and do something about it :flag:

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 01:59 PM

count me in , il try and get a few folk from round my way to join me

Devilstorment
11-08-2013, 02:00 PM
A protest against Fenlon? Petrie? Farmer?

for me, Fenlon. He is the first manager since McLeish to be given some cash to splash so he cant plead the poverty. To be fair to Petrie he has clearly loosened the purse strings.

coldingham hibs
The simplest thing to do is a mass email to the board by season ticket holders saying the will not renew next season if Fenlon is not sacked this week. What would also help is a new poll, on Fenlon out. The old one is now defunct & a new poll will be picked up by the press.

1875Hibees
A thread should be made about this so people know about it. Wait until a bit later to make one so when the board has calmed down a bit, so that the thread dosent get pushed down.

neil7908
I'm not a season ticket holder but get to a majority of homes games in a season. I dont think I can bring myself to back to ER with him in charge anymore, certainly wont be there for the Dundee Utd game.

The way I feel at the moment, even if Alex Ferguson came out of retirement to take charge I would be struggling to attend right now.

I realise that not buying tickets affects the club more than anything but I do think plummeting attendances are a clear way of getting a message to the board.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:02 PM
In all seriousness Don't Go To Easter Road. Boycott. This is the only way Farmer might react to the erses in charge.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 02:02 PM
A thread should be made about this so people know about it. Wait until a bit later to make one so when the board has calmed down a bit, so that the thread dosent get pushed down.

OK, we can come back to this tomorrow and, if he hasn't gone yet, and make definite plans. I'm not going to let this one go.

Yuillsy
11-08-2013, 02:04 PM
I am not saying he should hang on till September, I am saying I think that is what will happen.

I know mate. I probably phrased my reply incorrectly.
The thing is I think you're probably right. If we're not looking like getting relegated it's cheaper for the board to let him see out his contract than sack him now and employ someone else.
Pay offs are a joke. If i ***** at my job I'd be sacked without any cash!

hibee19

Maybe include a poll so you can get an idea what numbers are likely to turn up

AndyM_1875
The only message they understand is fans choosing not to come. Skipping the Dundee United game and Hibs playing in front of a low low crowd will deliver the message. That means ST holders not attending. Not sure how many will willingly do that though tbh.....

1875Hibees
11-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Maybe include a poll so you can get an idea what numbers are likely to turn up
This might sound stupid but I think that someone better known on the board(more posts) should make the thread.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:06 PM
The only message they understand is fans choosing not to come. Skipping the Dundee United game and Hibs playing in front of a low low crowd will deliver the message. That means ST holders not attending. Not sure how many will willingly do that though tbh.....

Its the only way. Petrie has to go as well.

PeeJay
11-08-2013, 02:08 PM

I'm in Berlin and Hibs TV have my money for my season ticket, and while I may just not bother watching the next few weeks it won't make any difference, of course. We got gubbed 1-5 in a cup final, fans seem to have "accepted" it (i.e. no-one stormed ER), we got done at home 0-7 no-one stormed ER ... so now we got beat again, by a team of kids but there won't be any fan protests at ER, nothing, except the frustration vented on a forum like this, and let's face it this does not count. In Berlin, frustration at this type of consistent garbage on the park and at board level is vented immediately in a more passionate and physical way - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM7cXKpC6EM - this won't happen at ER though. Fans of a club that have to appeal to some Internet forum on what to do are chasing a lost cause IMO. Anyway, if Fenlon thinks he's doing OK and he has gotten away with the results mentioned above, why should he lose sleep about this game?

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 02:09 PM

i didnt buy a season ticket so i will join the protest as i would urge everyone to do if they really want to see something happen

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM

for me, Fenlon. He is the first manager since McLeish to be given some cash to splash so he cant plead the poverty. To be fair to Petrie he has clearly loosened the purse strings.

If only he had loosened the purse strings when we had somebody like JC in charge. Instead, he waits until we have the most tactically clueless manager in charge, then he hands the cash over.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 02:12 PM
I'm in Berlin and Hibs TV have my money for my season ticket, and while I may just not bother watching the next few weeks it won't make any difference, of course. We got gubbed 1-5 in a cup final, fans seem to have "accepted" it (i.e. no-one stormed ER), we got done at home 0-7 no-one stormed ER ... so now we got beat again, by a team of kids but there won't be any fan protests at ER, nothing, except the frustration vented on a forum like this, and let's face it this does not count. In Berlin, frustration at this type of consistent garbage on the park and at board level is vented immediately in a more passionate and physical way - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM7cXKpC6EM - this won't happen at ER though. Fans of a club that have to appeal to some Internet forum on what to do are chasing a lost cause IMO. Anyway, if Fenlon thinks he's doing OK and he has gotten away with the results mentioned above, why should he lose sleep about this game?

Peejay, that's exactly why I'm trying to encourage people to actually DO something this time, as all we've ever done is moan on here.

Some posters have said they ARE willing to take part, either in a protest or a boycott. I want to keep that at the top of their minds and not let it just drift, like it did after the 7-0 humiliation.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 02:12 PM

So you stay abroad, and want us all to boycott? Priceless.......

cloudy
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Protest at Easter road won't do any good I say we go to east mains on Tuesday morning let fenlon know exactly what we think

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 02:14 PM
So you stay abroad, and want us all to boycott? Priceless.......

Laugh away, but somebody has to raise the subject. Everyone on here was raging after the 7-0 humiliation and sod all was done about it. Somebody has to kick start things.

What exactly do YOU suggest?

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 02:15 PM

it has to be petrie and farmer . it looks like fenlon is happy to cop the flak and just carry on pretending everything is fine . we havnt scored a goal since griffiths left - that should be setting alarm bells ringing but no its fine . just a bit of bad luck

ackeygraham
11-08-2013, 02:16 PM
I'd don't want to harm hibs financially as we need all the cash we can get. If there was a protest outside the west stand before the game next week?

Fenlon has a decent squad, just doesn't know how to put them together to get a winning team.

theonlywayisup
11-08-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm not a season ticket holder but get to a majority of homes games in a season. I dont think I can bring myself to back to ER with him in charge anymore, certainly wont be there for the Dundee Utd game.

The way I feel at the moment, even if Alex Ferguson came out of retirement to take charge I would be struggling to attend right now.

I realise that not buying tickets affects the club more than anything but I do think plummeting attendances are a clear way of getting a message to the board.

I am a season ticket holder and I don't think I will spoil my weekend by watching another of Fenlon's team try and play football.

erskine-hibby
11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Any protest should include one against Petrie as well as he is the one who, ultimately, pulls the strings.

PeeJay
11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Peejay, that's exactly why I'm trying to encourage people to actually DO something this time, as all we've ever done is moan on here.

Some posters have said they ARE willing to take part, either in a protest or a boycott. I want to keep that at the top of their minds and not let it just drift, like it did after the 7-0 humiliation.
I get your point, but it has to happen spontaneously and at the ground - not here, this is the wrong place. Too many fans on here willing to write pages on end about Hearts' problems, but who will stand up and voice their displeasure about Hibs at ER? Baldy Foghorn and Co. won't take kindly to "foreigners" like us pushing some agenda from afar ... has to happen "back home" - will it? I doubt it myself, which only makes it all the more depressing..

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Laugh away, but somebody has to raise the subject. Everyone on here was raging after the 7-0 humiliation and sod all was done about it. Somebody has to kick start things.

What exactly do YOU suggest?

Do you think a boycott would really work? I'm sorry I watch Hibs every week, as a supporter, I am less than happy, but would never boycott......

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 02:22 PM
I get your point, but it has to happen spontaneously and at the ground - not here, this is the wrong place. Too many fans on here willing to write pages on end about Hearts' problems, but who will stand up and voice their displeasure about Hibs at ER? Baldy Foghorn and Co. won't take kindly to "foreigners" like us pushing some agenda from afar ... has to happen "back home" - will it? I doubt it myself, which only makes it all the more depressing..

something will happen , even if it is just me at easter road myself waving my FENLON MUST GO banner

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Do you think a boycott would really work? I'm sorry I watch Hibs every week, as a supporter, I am less than happy, but would never boycott......

Other people have suggested doing this, so you could ask them. It would be nice if everyone followed through with actions. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable doing it, that really is fair enough.

You're absolutely right that I'm quite powerless because of where I am and it really frustrates me.

Hibs7
11-08-2013, 02:25 PM

Not getting at you but if you keep turning up to watch this dross you are as bad as Fenlon .. Just stay away from the next home game and make a point .. If everyone did that it would give a huge indication that we as supporters are not going to accept things as they are.

Stuarty27
11-08-2013, 02:27 PM
What about a protest involving everyone waiting until 15mins into the game before entering??

Beefster
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
The easiest way, without costing Hibs money, to let them know how you feel is to bombard the club with emails or corner Rodders when he does his royal walk through BTG next week.

Personally, I'm completely scunnered with the entire situation. It's been patently obvious for about 6 months that Fenlon was completely out of his depth and nothing has been done by anyone, fan or club. Whilst Fenlon is still at the club, despite having a ST, I'll make a decision on the day of the match whether to attend or not, based on the weather, my mood, the TV schedule, whether there is something more entertaining to do, whether I fancy watching the turgid pish Hibs play these days and whether I fancy seeing my club outwitted by a club with half the resources we bestow upon ours. I reckon I'll be lucky to make 50% of Fenlon's remaining home games.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm away on holiday next week or I would be more than willing to go to a protest outside East Mains or Easter Road. I will not boycott matches, but if we fail against Dundee Utd next weekend I will be outside the main stand after the game thats for sure. Even if we do manage a win against Utd I still want Fenlon out ... its time for him to go.

In fact to be honest I thought the guy had more about him than to continue to cling on after a humiliation like this. The Yams play Partick Thistle next and I would be willing to bet they get beaten.

But .... as I have been saying well before today .......... exactly when does our attention start to turn to our couldnt care less owner.

If instead of saving Hibs he had saved Leith Links from being turned into a housing scheme I bet by now it would be covered in two foot long grass, strewn with broken bottles and dug ***** and be a dumping ground for old fridges and other household crap that folk couldnt be bothered to take to the dump.

In other words ..... whats the point of doing half a job. Perhaps a car analogy would help. Whats the point of buying a car, polishing it until it gleames and then never getting it serviced and giving it to a person who cant bloody well drive to look after.

IMO thats what he is doing to Hibs ...... we are becoming a laughing stock.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Not getting at you but if you keep turning up to watch this dross you are as bad as Fenlon .. Just stay away from the next home game and make a point .. If everyone did that it would give a huge indication that we as supporters are not going to accept things as they are.

I am as bad as Fenlon, good God, that is magic.....I am a supporter, I support...Not happy at the way things are going, back I won't turn my back on the team......

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 02:34 PM
I am as bad as Fenlon, good God, that is magic.....I am a supporter, I support...Not happy at the way things are going, back I won't turn my back on the team......

If not then that's fine, but would you be willing to do something else?

People have made other suggestions, such as a protest outside or inside the stadium or organising for most of the crowd to enter after 15 mins.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 02:34 PM

What do you suggest as some kind of protest Steven? You will still go and other will too, but crowds will drop and the worse we get the smaller the crowds will become.

Not everyone is as loyal as you, and quite a lot are that fed up they won't bother going. Something needs done, doing nothing is not an option in my opinion.

I'm so happy i did not waste my money buying a season ticket, if the product on show was even remotely worth watching, i'd have got one. Even though like today i'd not have been able to make the game.

Personally it gets easier not to go once you stop, and i have no idea when i will be back. I'd imagine others will feel the same.

I admire this support at all cost attitude, and if i lived in Edinburgh i probably would be the same and at every match, but to be perfectly honest i can't be bothered travelling or making the effort at the moment.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 02:37 PM
What do you suggest as some kind of protest Steven? You will still go and other will too, but crowds will drop and the worse we get the smaller the crowds will become.

Not everyone is as loyal as you, and quite a lot are that fed up they won't bother going. Something needs done, doing nothing is not an option in my opinion.

I'm so happy i did not waste my money buying a season ticket, if the product on show was even remotely worth watching, i'd have got one. Even though like today i'd not have been able to make the game.

Personally it gets easier not to go once you stop, and i have no idea when i will be back. I'd imagine others will feel the same.

I admire this support at all cost attitude, and if i lived in Edinburgh i probably would be the same and at every match, but to be perfectly honest i can't be bothered travelling or making the effort at the moment.

Protest if they wan't......It won't make one iota of difference.....The Club won't improve until STF and RP move on IMO.......

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
We'll be lucky to get 9k next home game but that won't bother Petrie or Fenlon one little bit, if you want to protest you must be heard...loud and clear, no point in either not going to ER or going and sitting with your arms folded which we do anyway.

The East terrace really is the only place this kind of protest will be heard to be honest.

Let's hear it guys!

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
If not then that's fine, but would you be willing to do something else?

People have made other suggestions, such as a protest outside or inside the stadium or organising for most of the crowd to enter after 15 mins.

I tell the Board every month at LWT meeting's. Made point of saying how Malmo result was irreparable with many......I am vocal at these meeting's but nothing changes

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Cool, you do nothing and hope for the best. That's gone really well so far.

Cool, you plan a protest from Germany, let me know how it goes.....

KingFranck
11-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Boycott Easter Road but show the board we are still fans all turn up at East Mains to watch the u20s which tbh is more entertaining!

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Protest if they wan't......It won't make one iota of difference.....The Club won't improve until STF and RP move on IMO.......

I feel a properly sustained organised protest, with banners and supporters outside the ground would be a start.

Boycotts will not help the finances, but it is the last option for some. It does seem to be the only thing that Petrie notices, results don't seem to bother him.

Apathy will drive crowds down, the folk in control at the top are driving this club into the ground. :boo hoo:

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2013, 02:48 PM

Did you laugh at them and their in-action? Guess what, they're now laughing at you.

All may well be true but I wouldn't be guided by the antics of the Jambos.

CMac1988
11-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Boycott Easter Road but show the board we are still fans all turn up at East Mains to watch the u20s which tbh is more entertaining!

I prefer this idea over boycotting Hibs completely.

Truth be told though Hibs already have my money in the form of my season ticket, I doubt Petrie and co care if season ticket holders are at the game or not.

How much is it to watch a game at East Mains?

Thecat23
11-08-2013, 02:53 PM
I'd urge anyone who would usually walk up to stay away. Time Petrie got what he deserves. Sadly I've bought my season ticket but if Pat is there sat I won't be.

We have been hurt and embarrassed to many times. It's time to hurt them back. Yes we love Hibs and its not nice, but I truly believe boycotting games could well force the change needed within our club and finally move in a new direction.

big gogs
11-08-2013, 03:17 PM
protests against the club are not the way forward, not long back from tynecastle,i am gutted at the performance.fenlon must go ,the board must make that decision and it must be made now .lets not give the media any air time or column inches,this is hibernian football club,protest if you must ,through e.mails or phone calls,we are above ranting and raving.only the board have the answers.we cant afford to get rid of pat fenlon,we cant afford not to

silverhibee
11-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I feel a properly sustained organised protest, with banners and supporters outside the ground would be a start.

Boycotts will not help the finances, but it is the last option for some. It does seem to be the only thing that Petrie notices, results don't seem to bother him.

Apathy will drive crowds down, the folk in control at the top are driving this club into the ground. :boo hoo:

This has to be the way to go BH, i don't feel boycotting games will have that much affect so early in the season, the board will hope things can be turned around and that the stay away fans will come back if there is an improvement in the team, if it was end of season yes the board would act on a boycott as it would be time for renewing STs.

This isn't just about getting Fenlon out either, now R. Petrie has to be removed from the club as well, and if that means upsetting our owner then so be it, and the only way to do this is by protesting before and after games and a protest sometime this week at ER to let the people know who run our club that there has to be change at the top as the present incumbent who is in charge of running our club is not acceptable.

Time for protest from the fans to get our club back.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 03:25 PM
This has to be the way to go BH, i don't feel boycotting games will have that much affect so early in the season, the board will hope things can be turned around and that the stay away fans will come back if there is an improvement in the team, if it was end of season yes the board would act on a boycott as it would be time for renewing STs.

This isn't just about getting Fenlon out either, now R. Petrie has to be removed from the club as well, and if that means upsetting our owner then so be it, and the only way to do this is by protesting before and after games and a protest sometime this week at ER to let the people know who run our club that there has to be change at the top as the present incumbent who is in charge of running our club is not acceptable.

I understand what you are saying but do you really think they are going to lose money if people don't turn up. I can't see walk up turning up in any number if any now. The club has the season ticket money and those brave soles are the ones who should boycott a game and let Farmer know people can't stomach anymore.
In the long term it can only benefit the club unless nothing changes.

DaveF
11-08-2013, 03:38 PM
I've emailed the club with some opinions and will not be using my ST until Fenlon is gone.

Totally agree with the OP that change is needed and fans need to drive that change.

Start with getting Fenlon out, then move to Petrie. As a football club it feels like we are dying faster than Hearts with him at the helm.

DaveF
11-08-2013, 03:40 PM

To be honest, I don't see protesting as the only means.

The club are open to discussion aren't they? We have LWT for fan \ board dialogue so why not use that as an avenue for discussion on change?

Dinkydoo
11-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Try starting a #fenlonout trend on twitter in the meantime. Will certainly get Hibs attention and perhaps the media.

QMU-1875
11-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Genuinely think if no one went in to the ground during the game but instead protested around Easter road our message would get across that we can no longer accept the way this club is run or managed on the park. A protest surrounding the 3 stands and not one of us going into the ground would get the message to farmer, change is needed our club is dieing!

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 03:50 PM

This may sound daft but I support the club but not sure I support the current team.

As i've said previously I think i'll go watch the EOS team for a few weeks and my ST seat can lie empty.

Today was just yet another massive boot in the baws from Hibs and at the moment i've had enough.

oconnors_strip
11-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I prefer this idea over boycotting Hibs completely.

Truth be told though Hibs already have my money in the form of my season ticket, I doubt Petrie and co care if season ticket holders are at the game or not.

How much is it to watch a game at East Mains?

its free to get in to the east of scotland games at east mains, a donation bucket is at the gates at livingston for the under 20s matches

Steve20
11-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Not enough people would turn up. We just roll over and accept crap. We've done it for years.

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 04:08 PM
For those saying that the club need the money. The club is spoiled for cash compared to other clubs in the league. Most clubs can only dream of paying 3-5k a week for a player!

We have people running the club that are only interested in the accounts. So lets send them a message through the accounts! It's the only way they'll acknowledge that the fans do in fact matter!

silverhibee
11-08-2013, 04:09 PM
To be honest, I don't see protesting as the only means.

The club are open to discussion aren't they? We have LWT for fan \ board dialogue so why not use that as an avenue for discussion on change?

Yeah they are Dave, our frustration is aimed at Fenlon Petrie and our owner STF, will they be at the next meeting, if so then i will be there, if not then it will be protesting at ER before and after games, that will get the exposure a long with the empty stands that the press will see.

Mr Petrie as you will have noticed doesn't like the press/media being around him, time to put him under pressure and get the press chasing him for answers to where he is taking our club.

Can't believe i bought a ST after the Malmo game. :rolleyes: :greengrin

Change is needed at the club, protests/boycotts/emails/pigeon carrier, everything is needed to let STF no we are not happy with the incumbent he has in charge of our club.

Petrie and Fenlon out now.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Organising a protest is a tempting thing to do. However, it would just result in platitudes from the board, if they deigned to register it at all.

The reality is that most people will vote with their feet and simply stop attending ER. Yes, that will hurt the club further, but the remedy is in their own hands. We keep going along, we're only endorsing mediocrity and failure, and I, for one, am pretty much bored and tired of doing that.

trev the hat
11-08-2013, 04:14 PM

PF is only part of the problem.

hibee19
11-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Not enough people would turn up. We just roll over and accept crap. We've done it for years.

Do your bit to change that then.

HibeeSince85
11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
See if you want to protest outside the stand why not do it on Saturday, at 3pm.

If you had a few thousand Hibs fans outside the ground protesting instead of in their seats you'd get your point across. Loud and clear!

I'm not sure about protests to be honest. I do want change now but the above would be the way to do it.

Carheenlea
11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Dictating to fellow fans that they should not attend matches at Easter Road is a nonsense. Today's result, and what has went before will see a natural boycott anyway to add to those who have already had enough. Everyone is capable of making their own decisions. I will be there next week to try and help encourage the team to try and somehow muster up a win to get some points on the board. If the run continues then you can be rest assured that those in the stadium will leave the watching board members and Pat Fenlon in no doubt of the supporters displeasure.

God Petrie
11-08-2013, 04:21 PM
All the boys talking about a boycott wouldn't be there anyway.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Dictating to fellow fans that they should not attend matches at Easter Road is a nonsense. Today's result, and what has went before will see a natural boycott anyway to add to those who have already had enough. Everyone is capable of making their own decisions. I will be there next week to try and help encourage the team to try and somehow muster up a win to get some points on the board. If the run continues then you can be rest assured that those in the stadium will leave the watching board members and Pat Fenlon in no doubt of the supporters displeasure.

Spot on:top marks

trev the hat
11-08-2013, 04:25 PM
[QUOTE=Pretty Boy;3714293]This may sound daft but I support the club but not sure I support the current team.

More than half the team played well today for me so a bit harsh IMO, Vine, Collins, KT LS 1st half, Williams,
Bad formation & substitutions cost us 3points. In a perverse way it could actually progress change. (That sounds wierd)

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 04:26 PM

Absolute pish and fine you know it.

BroxburnHibee
11-08-2013, 04:28 PM
As long as the same people are picking the manager then nothing will change.

Our problems run far deeper.

Not sure how easy it is but stop emailing the club and start emailing STF.

He has to understand what is happening.

Dobosz83
11-08-2013, 04:33 PM

Well, that's a bit of a generalization really. I've had a season ticket for 9 years now and will not be there against Utd should Fenlon be 'trusted' to select a squad and god forbid, tell them how to play. Today was the final straw under this man's reign for me. Sorry if that hurts the 'die-hards' but enough is enough. After cries all week of 4-4-2 and having a go, that idiot picked the same set up as last week down to a tee other than the forced personal change with Harris out and Vine in.

I love the idea of supporting the U20's in the East of Scotland.

mcfly
11-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Why would I as a season ticket holder spending 400 quid choose to boycott??

Hibs board have my money so they won't care if I go or choose to boycott.

If the majority of fans want Fenlon out then that has to come from the stands.

10000 fans telling him to go is not very nice but if it is for the long term future of hibs then it may need to be done.

RoslinInstHibby
11-08-2013, 04:43 PM
We should start off by creating a pdf stating something like:-

"i (undersigned) no longer have faith in our manager and demand his immediate removal."

Obviously the wording would need improved but basically we all download the pdf, complete it and either post it into ER or hand it in personally. We can add season ticket number etc too.....

pontius pilate
11-08-2013, 04:47 PM
See if you want to protest outside the stand why not do it on Saturday, at 3pm.

If you had a few thousand Hibs fans outside the ground protesting instead of in their seats you'd get your point across. Loud and clear!

I'm not sure about protests to be honest. I do want change now but the above would be the way to do it.

I mentioned this earlier on another thread as well be vocal on a Saturday inside the ground with songs and chants. Bring/put up banners demanding answers/board out/manager out. There is no point in asking fans to boycott any games Hibs are in our Blood it is our club and we haw to take it back and let them in charge know we are not happy. Lets do it me t week against ****dee Utd.

weonlywon6-2
11-08-2013, 04:48 PM

Fenlon will go without us having to do anything.Supporting the team is the most important thing.
Today was the final straw,be amazed if he is still in charge for the united game

Green Fish
11-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Fenlon will go without us having to do anything.Supporting the team is the most important thing.
Today was the final straw,be amazed if he is still in charge for the united game

Just back from work, totally gutted, frustrated. IMO we have to keep supporting the team, they can't be enjoying their work just now and there's no point in making it worse.

But as for RP, he needs it both barrels, PF must be seriously be considering his position.

Eternal Hibbie
11-08-2013, 05:51 PM

Wished this were true.

He'll still be there for our next game, clueless and as negative as ever.

Rod only understands one language, hard cash, the message only falling attendances brings.

We'll win a game sometime, our crowds will level out around the nine and a half thousand mark and in Rod's world that's success enough.

:banghead:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 06:42 PM
ADMINS:

Thanks for re-instating this as a separate thread

Just one more request :wink:

Could you maybe restore the original title 'How do we get rid of Fenlon?'

Thanks

:thumbsup:

Saorsa
11-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Haven't had a good protest since singing :singing: 'Blackley must go, Blackley must go' at the back of the auld west stand in 86. Then we got Miller :rolleyes:

:singing: Petrie must go, Petrie must go :protest:

The Green Goblin
11-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Perhaps an effective protest might be if people go to the utd game but hold a protest outside the stand for the first half instead of going in? I don't know. It seems to me the most effective protest numbers wise would be at a time when people would be there anyway.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Perhaps an effective protest might be if people go to the utd game but hold a protest outside the stand for the first half instead of going in? I don't know. It seems to me the most effective protest numbers wise would be at a time when people would be there anyway.

Sounds like a good plan to me

DH1875
11-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Cool, you plan a protest from Germany, let me know how it goes.....

:faf::faf::faf::top marks.

All I know is, thank duck I didn't renew this year.

nickwhibs
11-08-2013, 07:30 PM
As much as I want to see change at the club I don't like the idea of vilifying a man who has tried (and failed massively) to do his best for this club. I think Fenlon is a good man, but just an awful football manager. It's not like the man is deliberately out to harm the club - or some right wing fascist! He and the board will know exactly how the supporters feel. I actually think Fenlon will have the decency to resign tonight or tomorrow, although he should really have walked after the Malmo disaster.

Anyway Hearts will still get relegated and we'll improve with a new manager at the helm (JC or Butcher for me). We're down but can only go one way.

:flag:

Jonnyboy
11-08-2013, 07:32 PM

Spot on :agree:

The Green Goblin
11-08-2013, 07:38 PM
:faf::faf::faf::top marks.

All I know is, thank duck I didn't renew this year.

If there's something funny about us yet again being an absolute embarrassment on the park, then I've missed it. Why didn't you renew? (Genuine question). Presumably you think it's not worth it, which is fair enough but very worrying, as you won't be the only one. I would say "thank duck" there's fans who want to do something about what is wrong at ER, wherever they support the club from.

Onion
11-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Maybe just set up a DD scheme and buy his contract out. We could get BDO to act as middle man, a few politicians on board and call it a movement :cb Seriously, today, you would not know which team was going out of business.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Boycott things like BTG, merchandise/programmes etc, but not the game on the Saturday, as that's what we do and live for

Chuck Rhoades
11-08-2013, 07:47 PM
Sacking PF won't do much. RP needs to step down now to allow a whole new chapter to begin.

Chuck Rhoades
11-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Reading this thread I do worry about a potential divide in our support with those who have had enough of RP and his regime and those who will still back him to the hills.

staunchhibby
11-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Already paid for my season ticket so it would not affect income.

Carheenlea
11-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Reading this thread I do worry about a potential divide in our support with those who have had enough of RP and his regime and those who will still back him to the hills.

I don`t see too many backing Pat Fenlon to the hills? Those that want to continue supporting the team itself are not necessarily wanting to continue with Pat Fenlon in charge.

Chuck Rhoades
11-08-2013, 08:15 PM
My post says RP, not PF.

Carheenlea
11-08-2013, 08:21 PM
My post says RP, not PF.

Apologies, misread your post.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-08-2013, 08:32 PM
I'd prefer a protest before/after the game or even at half time. The team need our support at the moment so don't think a protest during the game achieve much other than help the opposition.

Not in favour of a boycott either, mainly because it wouldn't work. People have already paid for their tickets so aren't going to miss the game. There'll be a drop in walk-up ticket sales anyway.

I agree something needs to be done and I'm sure whatever happens will get media coverage so the board will get the message.

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 08:46 PM
i think some sort of protest before and/or after the dundee united game is the way to go . that gives us a week to get things organised and spread the word

California-Hibs
11-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Alot of people won't like hearing this but there are tons of Hibs fans out there who would rather sit on their hands and look down at the floor in a sheepish mannor than actually standing up and doing something. We've had all this talk before during the Mixu, Calderwood etc time. What happens though? Alot of things are said on this messageboard but then NOTHING happens!

Our club is a joke, and people are just happy to roll over and accept it. Then make up petty excuses/humorous remarks when people suggest things like protest's etc.

I'm all for a protest. Unfortunetely I live in California. I was part of a very small band of supporters calling for Calderwood/Petrie to resign a few years back outside the West stand, but when I saw small band I mean SMALL band. We need more people to 'stand up and be counted'.

As usual, I agree with some of the preposed ideas on here. A protest, chanting, banners etc. However as usual it will be shot down by folk saying 'we're better than that, that's just embarrassing for the club' etc etc blah blah blah, excuses because as I say, some people have no backbone and ACCEPT mediocrity.

Change IS needed.

1875HFC
11-08-2013, 09:56 PM
This club needs a serious shake up and the board need to know how the fans are feeling!

gillythehibby
11-08-2013, 10:03 PM

Get an effin grip. WE going to have a protest every 2 years? What happened to "lets stop chopping and changing managers"stuff? 2 games into the season with new players and we are at protest ? Naw no thanks. Maybe better sticking together and getting through this.

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Get an effin grip. WE going to have a protest every 2 years? What happened to "lets stop chopping and changing managers"stuff? 2 games into the season with new players and we are at protest ? Naw no thanks. Maybe better sticking together and getting through this.

2 games into the season (actually 4 games) and its painfully obvious already that we are going down . cant score - no pace whatsoever . confidence is low , the manager has lost the dressing room , he's lost the crowd

hibee19
11-08-2013, 10:21 PM

There would be no calls to protest if there wasn't constant failure. Its up to you if you want to accept failure but don't criticize others who don't.

IberianHibernian
11-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Read the 4 pages of comments but still not sure what the protest is to be about - to sack Fenlon ? ( let Petrie etc off scotfree and hope that new manager will see great football and results ) , to try to get rid of Petrie ? ( is it posible anyway given admin / financial set up at Hibs ? ) or to try to get Farmer to sell up ? ( Hearts situation suggests there wouldn`t be many if any reputable buyers ) . Not being cynical cause I`ve never joined in Petire worshipping here at good ( ? ) times or ever been 100% convinced of Farmer`s motivation at club (doubts mainly based on comments from fans over many years ) . Whatever motive I`d suggest 100% support for players and manager during matches ( if you can`t do that during match , better not to go ) and then protest after . I`ve been supporting Hibs for nearly 50 years and am as upset as anyone when we lose and / play badly but personal insults etc don`t help .

lugz
11-08-2013, 10:28 PM
Any protest should be done away from the 90 minutes where the players need us. Look at Blackburn their players came out and said how much they hated playing at home due to the atmosphere. That's the last thing we need to happen!!

IberianHibernian
11-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Get an effin grip. WE going to have a protest every 2 years? What happened to "lets stop chopping and changing managers"stuff? 2 games into the season with new players and we are at protest ? Naw no thanks. Maybe better sticking together and getting through this.6 new players in starting XI today plus KT and Robertson who joined in 2013 too leaving goalie ( 2012 ) and veterans Hanlon and Stevenson . Bad result today but agree with you totally that reaction is over the top .

Viva_Palmeiras
11-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Everything you want to know about protesting but were afraid to ask - see the dons support...

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2013, 10:40 PM
We'll be lucky to get 9k next home game but that won't bother Petrie or Fenlon one little bit, if you want to protest you must be heard...loud and clear, no point in either not going to ER or going and sitting with your arms folded which we do anyway.

The East terrace really is the only place this kind of protest will be heard to be honest.

Let's hear it guys!

on the contrary, dwindling walk-ups will muster action, i'd bet my last dollar on it, strange how some posters have said they wouldn't boycott the wonga dome(thus helping hertz financially) but they appear to be up for a boycott of the club they support :confused:

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 10:44 PM
I agree that we should be backing the team during the games, but banners and a boycott of buying anything from the club shop is a start. Protests behind the stand after the games, constant pressure to let them know we are fed up.

I await the answer they know we are fed up, but we need to make things as uncomfortable as possible for Petrie and Farmer so they don't just brush our moans off.

I don't know if they can be ousted, but moaning in the past has done absolutely nothing. We need a visible movement thats constant and loud.

There are many things we can do, but it needs to be organised. Don't let these jokers take the piss anymore.

IberianHibernian
11-08-2013, 10:44 PM
There would be no calls to protest if there wasn't constant failure. Its up to you if you want to accept failure but don't criticize others who don't.No Hibs fan is happy with losing first 2 league games without scoring or disgraceful result at home against Malmo but losing to Hearts is like losing to a lower league team in cup , it happens from time to time ( Scottish football has no great players now and there is no big difference in quality of players -so many Hearts players in Scotland Under 21 team is one example - none would have made team 10 years ago probably and no Hearts fan would doubt it I imagine ) . Until there is a massive cash injection into Hibs ( and even then it would have to be unusually massive to make a difference ) or European football changes dramatically in terms of financing ( TV etc ) I don`t see much change at Hibs since managers will always have same restrictions and fans or potential sponsors won`t respond regularly without massive and regular improvement .

londonhibby
11-08-2013, 10:48 PM
6 new players in starting XI today plus KT and Robertson who joined in 2013 too leaving goalie ( 2012 ) and veterans Hanlon and Stevenson . Bad result today but agree with you totally that reaction is over the top .

Except that they (seasoned and experienced professional footballers used to changing teams and hitting the ground running) were up against a team of youngsters and a couple of not-so-seasoned professionals who also have not played that much together.

There really are no excuses for Fenlon anymore. He is tactically inept and unable to get the team to play for the shirt – which is what Locke did manage today.

I can't offer a solution to that other than to change things, and I can't offer any suggestions on how that could be done or who we could bring in. What I do know is that in 40 years of supporting Hibs, Fenlon is down there with CC, Jim Duffy and Bertie Auld. :confused:

hibee19
11-08-2013, 10:50 PM
No Hibs fan is happy with losing first 2 league games without scoring or disgraceful result at home against Malmo but losing to Hearts is like losing to a lower league team in cup , it happens from time to time ( Scottish football has no great players now and there is no big difference in quality of players -so many Hearts players in Scotland Under 21 team is one example - none would have made team 10 years ago probably and no Hearts fan would doubt it I imagine ) . Until there is a massive cash injection into Hibs ( and even then it would have to be unusually massive to make a difference ) or European football changes dramatically in terms of financing ( TV etc ) I don`t see much change at Hibs since managers will always have same restrictions and fans or potential sponsors won`t respond regularly without massive and regular improvement .

Pats time is up. He has made us the laughing stock of Scottish Football and to me thats unacceptable. You're talking pish about the lack of cash. We have the 2nd or 3rd largest budget in the league, we don't need massive cash injections, just a well run football team getting the best out of our resources.

IberianHibernian
11-08-2013, 10:57 PM
Except that they (seasoned and experienced professional footballers used to changing teams and hitting the ground running) were up against a team of youngsters and a couple of not-so-seasoned professionals who also have not played that much together.

There really are no excuses for Fenlon anymore. He is tactically inept and unable to get the team to play for the shirt – which is what Locke did manage today.

I can't offer a solution to that other than to change things, and I can't offer any suggestions on how that could be done or who we could bring in. What I do know is that in 40 years of supporting Hibs, Fenlon is down there with CC, Jim Duffy and Bertie Auld. :confused:Not all our new players have a lot of experience ( Mullan still in teens , Collins in early 20s for example ) . We played very badly but didn`t deserve to lose and probably did enough to win ( same players will win whoever is manager in rest of season ) . Not playing for shirt ? Too soon to say and if Fenlon leaves soon I`ll remember him as a manager who did get players to play in green with passion ( debates after losing to Hearts even against a very por Hearts team like present one are not always best time to assess our team ) . If Fenlon continues he`s got a great chance to prove detractors wrong ( players too ) .

IberianHibernian
11-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Pats time is up. He has made us the laughing stock of Scottish Football and to me thats unacceptable. You're talking pish about the lack of cash. We have the 2nd or 3rd largest budget in the league, we don't need massive cash injections, just a well run football team getting the best out of our resources.Was referring to cash into club as a whole not just into signing budget . Stuff about 2nd or 3rd budget is still highly doubtful and even if true differences will be small compared with other clubs in league . I think we should always be aiming for top 3 or 4 in league at least including strong challenges for 1st at times but am also realistic enough to see that Scottish clubs ( including Celtic who dropped a lot of points in league last year ) can no longer produce or sign players good enough to make a big difference over more than a few months .

hibee19
11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Was referring to cash into club as a whole not just into signing budget . Stuff about 2nd or 3rd budget is still highly doubtful and even if true differences will be small compared with other clubs in league . I think we should always be aiming for top 3 or 4 in league at least including strong challenges for 1st at times but am also realistic enough to see that Scottish clubs ( including Celtic who dropped a lot of points in league last year ) can no longer produce or sign players good enough to make a big difference over more than a few months .

So unless we get massive cash injections to put us far ahead of the competition we will never be able to compete. Theres no reason why we aren't challenging for second.

IberianHibernian
11-08-2013, 11:20 PM
So unless we get massive cash injections to put us far ahead of the competition we will never be able to compete. Theres no reason why we aren't challenging for second.Who says we`re not challenging for second in league ? We`ve done it in cup in last 2 years and will be disappointed if we don`t make top 4 in league and maybe top 2 . We`ve got 1 point less than this time last season with a better squad and season has hardly started .

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 11:23 PM
The only thing against having a protest against the board is we might get someone else in and we all know its only a matter of time before we are the next Leeds/Portsmouth or hearts. :rolleyes:

mca
11-08-2013, 11:28 PM
The only thing against having a protest against the board is we might get someone else in and we all know its only a matter of time before we are the next Leeds/Portsmouth or hearts. :rolleyes:

Lets Hope Farmer sells to the owners of Coventry... :wink:

hibee19
11-08-2013, 11:32 PM

Absolutely no reason for that to happen. There are many more examples of well run football teams than badly run ones.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Absolutely no reason for that to happen. There are many more examples of well run football teams than badly run ones.

No, i think you will find this is the only other option should we have a change of owner.

hibee19
11-08-2013, 11:35 PM
Who says we`re not challenging for second in league ? We`ve done it in cup in last 2 years and will be disappointed if we don`t make top 4 in league and maybe top 2 . We`ve got 1 point less than this time last season with a better squad and season has hardly started .

Whilst back in the real world we are a complete joke to the rest of Scottish Football and we're much more likely to be relegated than finish 2nd. Using us being pumped in two cup finals as examples of success is baffling.

Pete
11-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Protest if you want before or after the match but boycotts wouldn't be helpful.

I'm 100% behind the players in hibs shirts and want to help them win by cheering them on. Anything during the match would be counter-productive.

People can effect change without harming the 90 minute effort.

hibee19
11-08-2013, 11:44 PM
No, i think you will find this is the only other option should we have a change of owner.

Well we better just brace ourselves for a lot of first division football in the years to come.

mca
11-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Protest if you want before or after the match but boycotts wouldn't be helpful.

I'm 100% behind the players in hibs shirts and want to help them win by cheering them on. Anything during the match would be counter-productive.

People can effect change without harming the 90 minute effort.

100%... I dont like this Booing the team... We should be Willing them on.. :agree: Try Getting Behind them and Save the booing and the personal slagging offs for the Opposition.. :aok:

hibee19
11-08-2013, 11:56 PM
100%... I dont like this Booing the team... We should be Willing them on.. :agree: Try Getting Behind them and Save the booing and the personal slagging offs for the Opposition.. :aok:

Booing the team off is an effective way of letting the club know how we feel. The fans always get behind the team from the first minute.

londonhibby
12-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Not all our new players have a lot of experience ( Mullan still in teens , Collins in early 20s for example ) . We played very badly but didn`t deserve to lose and probably did enough to win ( same players will win whoever is manager in rest of season ) . Not playing for shirt ? Too soon to say and if Fenlon leaves soon I`ll remember him as a manager who did get players to play in green with passion ( debates after losing to Hearts even against a very por Hearts team like present one are not always best time to assess our team ) . If Fenlon continues he`s got a great chance to prove detractors wrong ( players too ) .

I'll give you Mullen, but he (a young, inexperienced, former Hearts player) should never have been on the park, another example of Fenlon's tactical cluelessness – but not Collins, he's had a few teams and been out on loan a few times, and anyway, he was not once fed the kind of ball he needs. As he said in his interview, he's not a target man so Fenlon's hoofball was always going to leave him high and dry.

As to the rest of your post, overall, you sound like a gambling addict "just one more chance to make it right, just one more ..." until of course the house is lost and the wife's away with the milkman.

And in particular: "We played very badly but didn`t deserve to lose and probably did enough to win ( same players will win whoever is manager in rest of season )."

Errr, no. We played really, really bad, turgid, tactically stupid hoofball and always looked likely to leak a goal because we can't defend and were not sent out to win, with players that may well win IF we get a manager who knows how to set out a team and what changes to make, if things are not working (Tom Taiwo, anyone?).

And: "Not playing for shirt ? Too soon to say and if Fenlon leaves soon I`ll remember him as a manager who did get players to play in green with passion."

OK, when in any of the games Fenlon's been in charge, apart from the second half against Falkirk, have we played with passion. There have been games last season where we won, sometimes well, but that wasn't down to Fenlon's managerial nous or ability to fire up his players. It was, in fact, mostly down to the talents of a certain Leigh Griffiths and very, very occasionally, the passion of James McPake.

I've seen this all before, it is Groundhog Day again, with the managerial situaton and with some of the support's blind faith. He's out of his depth, as were CC, Jim Duffy and Auld, (I'd include Sauzee, but he did too much good for us on the park to stain his name with such footballing non-entities) and to a lesser extent Mixu, who took the reins too early in his career and is now enjoying some success.

Yes, there is also something rotten at the heart of Hibees, but given the state of Scottish Football finance and the fact RP owns 10 per cent of the club while also being STF's evil lovechild (or something), that's not going to change anytime soon.

So, our manager's p**h and has had two years to prove that fact to us. He is the weakest link that can be changed, which leaves only one path to take ... :aok:

Pete
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Booing the team off is an effective way of letting the club know how we feel. The fans always get behind the team from the first minute.

That's different from booing during the match or giving certain players, or the manager stick during it.

Giving the manager stick is the worst in my opinion as you are pulling the rug from under the whole team.

hibee19
12-08-2013, 12:37 AM
That's different from booing during the match or giving certain players, or the manager stick during it.

Giving the manager stick is the worst in my opinion as you are pulling the rug from under the whole team.

In reality anything we do or say is pretty irrelevant, but making your feelings known at the end of a match is perfectly justified and to be honest if you don't like what you're seeing you're justified to let the manager or the team know during the match. You earn that right by paying the price of admission.

Hibeesmad
12-08-2013, 01:35 AM
If we lose against Dundee United then Fenlon must leave. Protest outside the main stand after the game letting the board know exactly what we want.

silverhibee
12-08-2013, 01:45 AM
If we lose against Dundee United then Fenlon must leave. Protest outside the main stand after the game letting the board know exactly what we want.

He doesn't deserve to be in charge for the Dundee United game, and if he is there should be protests before during and after the game, Fenlon and Petrie will be the target of protests.

Pete
12-08-2013, 02:13 AM
He doesn't deserve to be in charge for the Dundee United game, and if he is there should be protests before during and after the game, Fenlon and Petrie will be the target of protests.

Protests during the game are totally pointless mate.

After? Yes, but you should know better than to say "during".

Support the shirts and the boys in them!

Beefster
12-08-2013, 06:59 AM

Yeah, let's give him another game. Then another. And another.

Aldo
12-08-2013, 07:45 AM

He shouldn't be in charge after Tea Time the nite IMHO.

Nice guy (no place at the moment at ER for a Mr Nice Guy) but tactically clueless.

I have been a supporter in the past of RP and how he runs the club but my support for him has reached breaking point. He runs the club and hires and fires. We are a bloody laughing stock, soft touch and teams love playing against us as we are one trick ponies.

Time for a change throughout the club IMHO.

I cannot see where a goal is coming from let alone a win.

We leave it to long and the spiral we are in will get worse and we will find ourselves in a relegation battle.

PS I know we won't get rid of RP but PF has to go.

NatureBoy
12-08-2013, 08:19 AM
I honestly can't fathom why some folk want to give PF the Dundee Utd game even if we somehow sneak a fluky win a football manger it shall not make him it will just prolong the inevitable!

It's a disgrace he's still here now IMO but that's out pathetic excuse for a board for you. They need to man up and admit another mistake has been made with hiring our manager!

blackpoolhibs
12-08-2013, 08:31 AM
Protests during the game are totally pointless mate.

After? Yes, but you should know better than to say "during".

Support the shirts and the boys in them!

I thought like that, but after sleeping on it last night i disagree. Sometime you just have to stand up and be counted as a fan. sometimes the result is secondary.

We pride ourselves on the way we stood up to Mercer, yet when we are being ripped apart from within we dont want to upset anyone during a game.

Well thats bollox in my opinion, if anyone feels they want to protest when is there a better time than during a game, when everyone will see it and the press and cameras are there?

The time has long gone where those in charge are listening to a few folk at any meeting thats been arranged, the times past when Petrie laughs off anyone who says anything controversial to him BTG.

He's laughed off all the criticism in the past, the time has come to make our opinions loud and clear, and if it makes the team/management and board a little uncomfortable for 90 minutes during our next game, who gives a ****?

They have ruined far too many of my match days for me to bother one bit about ruining their's. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 08:33 AM

He should be gone long before that game.

He's had nearly 2 years to get it right and not only failed miserably but embarrassed us several times during that period.

One more game makes no difference, long term his boring brand of hoofball, paceless, boring pish isn't the answer and never will be.

oconnors_strip
12-08-2013, 08:40 AM
What's the odds that Petrie doesn't do his walk about behind the goals pre match? Or if he does he will go to the usual faces that won't confront him!

Phil MaGlass
12-08-2013, 08:40 AM

He shouldnt be in charge for that game, he should be oot oan his erse noo.

DanHFC1875
12-08-2013, 09:34 AM
:confused:

No Easter Road for me until Fenlon is gone.

:boo hoo:

oramhibee
12-08-2013, 12:51 PM
At the next home game get the whole stadium, and I mean THE WHOLE STADIUM to sing: "Fenlon, get to ****, Fenlon, Fenlon get to ****!

adhibs
12-08-2013, 12:53 PM
At the next home game get the whole stadium, and I mean THE WHOLE STADIUM to sing: "Fenlon, get to *****, Fenlon, Fenlon get to *****!"

Better changing fenlon for petrie. Protests outside after we inevitably get beat

Pat 0-7
12-08-2013, 01:07 PM
At the next home game get the whole stadium, and I mean THE WHOLE STADIUM to sing: "Fenlon, get to ****, Fenlon, Fenlon get to ****!

Better with something that the tv can actually broadcast......

Multiple 'FENLON OUT' banners in the East, for example...........

CropleyWasGod
12-08-2013, 01:10 PM

THE WHOLE STADIUM?

:rolleyes:

MinceAndTatties
12-08-2013, 01:31 PM
As a season-ticket holder, I am strongly in favour of a boycott as a means of levering Fenlon from the club. I don't agree with those who say it would not work as they have our money anyway.
I don't know how many seasons were sold but say it is about 8000, if only half were prepared to leave their seat empty, then the attendance would make headlines and produce pressure for a response from the club to the situation.
I quite like the idea of combining with a peaceful vigil or protest outside the ground during the game.
I do not support barracking or booing during the game and always support the team right until the final whistle even after the Hearts and Malmo debacles.
I think the first objective must be to get rid of Fenlon, although I agree that the problem lies much deeper within the club.
A longer term aim should be to establish a fan-owned club where there is some accountability for poor performance by the Board, particularly in recruitment. In the meantime, pressure needs to be applied in the months leading up to the AGM to explain the lamentable under-performance of the club over many years and why much smaller SPL clubs have out-performed us.

Gustavo Fring
12-08-2013, 01:35 PM
.I don't know how many seasons were sold but say it is about 8000, if only half were prepared to leave their seat empty, then the attendance would make headlines and produce pressure for a response from the club to the situation.
I quite like the idea of combining with a peaceful vigil or protest outside the ground during the game.

absolutely bang on

Cameron1875
12-08-2013, 01:46 PM
A mass walkout 15 minutes into the game, regardless of the score at the time would sent a strong message to the manager and the board. Better than an actual boycott cause Petrie won't care since we've mostly all bought our season ticks.

NatureBoy
12-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Something needs to be done, the silence from the club since Sunday is beyond a joke given they know how upset the fans are.

Watching Hibs stumble from disaster to disaster under the triumvirate of Farmer, Petrie and Fenlon is like a slow, painful death by a thousand cuts!

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2013, 02:18 PM
I'll probably just keep supporting the team and the club when they need it most.

Lester B
12-08-2013, 02:35 PM
Something needs to be done, the silence from the club since Sunday is beyond a joke given they know how upset the fans are.

Watching Hibs stumble from disaster to disaster under the triumvirate of Farmer, Petrie and Fenlon is like a slow, painful death by a thousand cuts!

Since Sunday?? Not that much more than 24 hours after the game now. It does feel like longer.

What we actually need rather than all this talk of walkouts, not turning up, banners, etc is some open communication with the club about what we perceive the problems are. That is not Petrie's way though and have no idea about how to achieve that kind of dialogue. If Petrie won't fire Fenlon he needs to come out and say why and Fenlon needs to be candid enough about what he is trying to achieve by setting teams out like he does and what he tells them to play. Even one journalist at the next pre match press conference needs to ask: 'So Pat, the fans think it's all route one hoofball, no tactical nous and you are clueless about subs and changing things when it's going badly. Discuss'.

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 02:45 PM
I'll probably just keep supporting the team and the club when they need it most.

Because that's worked absolute wonders since about late 2007.

vercol36
12-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Well, I like the idea about a protest outside the stadium during the game. To the extent that I'm considering making my own anti-Petrie sign.

Arts-and-crafts time :hnet:

I would consider an anti-Farmer sign too if it wasn't for the diehard Farmer devotees who would lynch me. The sooner Hibs get rid of that rusty old religious fanatic, the better.

malagahibby
12-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Look we have lost 2 games by 1-0 both games that we should have had something out of.
As supporters we need to get behind the team and cut this nonsense out about boycotts and not turning up on Saturday.
Im sorry to say but when the chips are down we are a totally feckless group.
STAND UP AND BE COUNTED AND SUPPORT THE TEAM.:confused:

Greenblood70
12-08-2013, 03:25 PM
I was previously against any token protest as I was convinced even the intransigent Petrie and the rest of the board would see the need to show sone backbone and end Fenlons reign first thing this morning.

It is beyond belief they haven't done this and shows how little they understand football and the strength of feeling among the support. They are utterly spineless, and need to go along with Fenlon.

Gustavo Fring
12-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Look we have lost 2 games by 1-0 both games that we should have had something out of.

i take it you didnt watch the games then ?

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 03:29 PM
As supporters we need to get behind the team and cut this nonsense out about boycotts and not turning up on Saturday.

Do you really believe this is all about the last 2 games?

We have done the stand up and be counted thing too many times imo. Time for a change of tactic.

Makaveli
I was previously against any token protest as I was convinced even the intransigent Petrie and the rest of the board would see the need to show sone backbone and end Fenlons reign first thing this morning.

It is beyond belief they haven't done this and shows how little they understand football and the strength of feeling among the support. They are utterly spineless, and need to go along with Fenlon.

^^^^ Truth.

malagahibby
was at both games..were you?

malagahibby
12-08-2013, 03:31 PM
if you are saying that Hearts deserved to win yesterday,then im sorry I didnt see the same game as you.

vercol36
12-08-2013, 03:31 PM

Nonsense, this is what we have done for the last five or six years. We need to get some balls and start showing our frustration the way that continental European fans do: by protesting. Remind Farmer and Petrie that it will always be our club: they are simply employees.

NatureBoy
12-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Since Sunday?? Not that much more than 24 hours after the game now. It does feel like longer.

What we actually need rather than all this talk of walkouts, not turning up, banners, etc is some open communication with the club about what we perceive the problems are. That is not Petrie's way though and have no idea about how to achieve that kind of dialogue. If Petrie won't fire Fenlon he needs to come out and say why and Fenlon needs to be candid enough about what he is trying to achieve by setting teams out like he does and what he tells them to play. Even one journalist at the next pre match press conference needs to ask: 'So Pat, the fans think it's all route one hoofball, no tactical nous and you are clueless about subs and changing things when it's going badly. Discuss'.

I agree with what you say but I feel a statement or some kind or immediate action with the termination of Fenlon's contract was needed.

You're right they don't communicate with the fans and they show us zero respect. We all bleed green and white and Hibs are beyond important in our lives. All Petrie see's us as is a potential Ģ400 season ticket him and Farmer care not a jot for the fans. Yet again no word out of Easter Road after our latest horror show!

Gustavo Fring
12-08-2013, 03:33 PM
if you are saying that Hearts deserved to win yesterday,then im sorry I didnt see the same game as you.

hearts put the ball in the back of the net . hibs....didnt even come close

Sean1875
12-08-2013, 03:34 PM

I'd rather we had the whole stadium singing songs to get behind the team and push them on than abusing the manager. Yes its clear we are not happy with him still being here but for that 90 minutes we should do all we can to show the players we still support the club and them, and not spend it chanting at a single figure who we want out, thats what the protests etc. outside of that 90 minutes can be used for.

silverhibee
12-08-2013, 03:38 PM

Time is up for you Pat.

silverhibee
12-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I'd rather we had the whole stadium singing songs to get behind the team and push them on than abusing the manager. Yes its clear we are not happy with him still being here but for that 90 minutes we should do all we can to show the players we still support the club and them, and not spend it chanting at a single figure who we want out, thats what the protests etc. outside of that 90 minutes can be used for.

Sorry to say it but the protesting will be done in the ground during the game, its about the incumbent who is in charge of running it as well so Fenlon won't feel left out, how else do we get our point over, needs to be banners and the fans to be vocal against the both of them.

Before during and after the game.

Onion
12-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Better changing fenlon for petrie. Protests outside after we inevitably get beat

:agree: Sack the Board might be more effective.

Going by Fenlon's comments after the last 2 games, he's given up trying to defend himself or motivate the players, and doesn't give a flying **** what the Hibs fans say. His "what happens, happens" attitude is a disgrace in itself and smacks of Calderdud.

Onion
12-08-2013, 03:54 PM

Protesting after the game just looks like a knee-jerk to another defeat from a radical minority. Any protest needs to be during the game. The team will not think we've stopped supporting the club, and if they did who cares.

hibee_nation
12-08-2013, 06:18 PM
As a ST holder can i have some advice please. Have i to go or not, if i go am i to sing songs about Fenlon or Petrie. At what point am i to walk out in disgust eg 15 mins after start. Do i still walk out if we are playing well and winning. As Barry would say it's all very complex. Think i will just go and do my best to support my team. :hibees

The Green Goblin
12-08-2013, 09:50 PM
As a ST holder can i have some advice please. Have i to go or not, if i go am i to sing songs about Fenlon or Petrie. At what point am i to walk out in disgust eg 15 mins after start. Do i still walk out if we are playing well and winning. As Barry would say it's all very complex. Think i will just go and do my best to support my team. :hibees

I think your post highlights the lack of unity or purpose in the support, with different people thinking different things etc. Good on you for being prepared to stick it out and support, but I do think that as long as that continues without at least some show of protest, we'll simply find ourselves enduring this hopeless situation for the next few years and beyond.

Hibbyradge
12-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Yes, there should be a protest.

Organise it and I'll join it.

Enough's enough.

Coco Bryce
12-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Lets all go down to Rod's door and tell him we're no happy. Its worked before?

hibee19
12-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Has anyone come out with a structured thought out idea yet or what we are protesting about? The time to do something is now but we need a plan.

Borderhibbie76
12-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Something needs to be done....the silence from petrie since Sunday is deafening and i am angry at how he thinks he can just bury his head in the sand and this will all go away!! We only hear from him when he wants our money and he wont be getting any more if mine until massive changes are made (tho sadly i renewed this,season)!!

silverhibee
12-08-2013, 10:22 PM
How about gatecrashing Pat Fenlons press conference with the press on Thursday at ER.?

That's if he is still here.

If not then it has to be before the game on Saturday at the front door of the main stand, say 2 o'clock and let the folk running our club no that we want it back.

Targets should be.

1. Pat Fenlon

2 Rod Petrie

3 Tom Farmer

Banners, so that the press can publish photo's in the papers, and who turns up has to be very vocal about the 3 above.

There also has to be a vocal protest inside the ground during the game to let the board know what we are thinking.

hibee19
12-08-2013, 10:25 PM
How about gatecrashing Pat Fenlons press conference with the press on Thursday at ER.?

That's if he is still here.

If not then it has to be before the game on Saturday at the front door of the main stand, say 2 o'clock and let the folk running our club no that we want it back.

Targets should be.

1. Pat Fenlon

2 Rod Petrie

3 Tom Farmer

Banners, so that the press can publish photo's in the papers, and who turns up has to be very vocal about the 3 above.

There also has to be a vocal protest inside the ground during the game to let the board know what we are thinking.

A protest outside the main stand or literally gatecrashing the press conference?

SuperTortolano
12-08-2013, 10:28 PM
I'm well up for an easy protest that doesn't hurt the club. The suggestion of not entering the ground on Saturday until after the whistle has blown at 3 o'clock seems like a good one. The stadium is empty when the teams come out but then it fills up with Hibbies getting behind the team.

Hibby70
12-08-2013, 10:32 PM
Why don't we all just stay silent as the team comes out. They've had our backing now its time they earned it.

hibee19
12-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Why don't we all just stay silent as the team comes out. They've had our backing now its time they earned it.

Any type of protest inside the ground like this will not work, we wont get all our supporters on the same page, understandably.

GreenCastle
12-08-2013, 10:38 PM
A lot of internet talk with not much action here...

One problem is I have a ST and considering the ridiculous expensive price of it I actually want to use it on Saturday.

On the other hand I don't have much enthusiasm to go (and come back angry!) or feel the players or manager deserve clapped on to the pitch - I wouldn't shout abuse - not my style. If Hibs score - I will be happy but at the same time still angry with what's happened / going on.

I think the non clap / silence when they enter the pitch or white handkerchiefs (if anyone still has one of them?) would show more.

We are also seeing currently a split in the support - most want Fenlon out - some want Fenlon and RP gone...and some want RP / STF and Fenlon gone.

Fenlon must go but still very angry towards the board / RP / STF who are the poisoned chalice in all of this...

WE WANT / NEED CHANGE....and some serious leadership as the fans are getting restless!

silverhibee
12-08-2013, 10:40 PM
A protest outside the main stand or literally gatecrashing the press conference?

If we could find out what time PF does his press conference at ER then all we need to do is be at the main door at the West stand, the press will be there and we get our point across while the media is there.

If not that then it has to be a protest before game on Saturday. :aok:

BAILEYHIBS
12-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Well, I like the idea about a protest outside the stadium during the game. To the extent that I'm considering making my own anti-Petrie sign.

I would consider an anti-Farmer sign too if it wasn't for the diehard Farmer devotees who would lynch me. The sooner Hibs get rid of that rusty old religious fanatic, the better.

My first post,:confused: unfortunately prompted by comments which are more likely to be found on 'The Bears Den' than Hibs.net ................... You've obviously got a real issue with Tom Farmer, and it doesn't look to me that like its anything to do with football? A year ago you had a similar rant, quote: 'when he's not humming it up to the Catholic Church or the Leithers' (FFS!!??, we're a Leith club FYI the Proclaimers wrote a catchy wee tune about Leith - pay attention next time your at ER, you might hear it) and now he's a 'rusty old religious fanatic'. To my knowledge TF has never mixed religion with the Hibs so your reference / link to religion tells its own tale IMO. You also said a year ago that you knew him professionally and qualify your knowledge of him as a smug, unpleasant little man. However it turns out in fact that you go to Uni (at least you did a few months ago) so it's highly unlikely that you have met him professionally other than getting your car MOT'd. We're all entitled to our opinion however, so if it turns out that you have indeed met him professionally or otherwise, you would be in a tiny minority of people who have a similar view. By your own admission, you were not a die hard supporter of the club prior to 2001, so I guess that you are either too young or simply weren't supporting the club when Tom Farmer stepped in to save it from oblivion. What I can assure you of is that he has a greater knowledge of the history and tradition of this club than you appear to do. Whether you like it or not, it's because of him that we can currently gloat at that other lot across the city, who to a man would have bitten your hand off to have him as their owner rather than Romonov. So until someone actually appears with the necessary wherewithall (and as the Jambos will tell you, that's not just cash) to take on our great club, at least show a bit of respect because 'our grandfathers and fellow hibees of yesteryear' to which you refer are certainly grateful to Tom Farmer if you are not. End of rant. GGTTH:flag:

hibee19
12-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Whether you like it or not, it's because of him that we can currently gloat at that other lot across the city, who to a man would have bitten your hand off to have him as their owner rather than Romonov. So until someone actually appears with the necessary wherewithall (and as the Jambos will tell you, that's not just cash) to take on our great club

How can we gloat to anyone? We are the laughing stock of Scottish football. If we continue allow these jokers to run our club into the ground it'll be us calling in the administrators.

Captain Trips
12-08-2013, 10:54 PM
My first post,:confused: unfortunately prompted by comments which are more likely to be found on 'The Bears Den' than Hibs.net ................... You've obviously got a real issue with Tom Farmer, and it doesn't look to me that like its anything to do with football? A year ago you had a similar rant, quote: 'when he's not humming it up to the Catholic Church or the Leithers' (FFS!!??, we're a Leith club FYI the Proclaimers wrote a catchy wee tune about Leith - pay attention next time your at ER, you might hear it) and now he's a 'rusty old religious fanatic'. To my knowledge TF has never mixed religion with the Hibs so your reference / link to religion tells its own tale IMO. You also said a year ago that you knew him professionally and qualify your knowledge of him as a smug, unpleasant little man. However it turns out in fact that you go to Uni (at least you did a few months ago) so it's highly unlikely that you have met him professionally other than getting your car MOT'd. We're all entitled to our opinion however, so if it turns out that you have indeed met him professionally or otherwise, you would be in a tiny minority of people who have a similar view. By your own admission, you were not a die hard supporter of the club prior to 2001, so I guess that you are either too young or simply weren't supporting the club when Tom Farmer stepped in to save it from oblivion. What I can assure you of is that he has a greater knowledge of the history and tradition of this club than you appear to do. Whether you like it or not, it's because of him that we can currently gloat at that other lot across the city, who to a man would have bitten your hand off to have him as their owner rather than Romonov. So until someone actually appears with the necessary wherewithall (and as the Jambos will tell you, that's not just cash) to take on our great club, at least show a bit of respect because 'our grandfathers and fellow hibees of yesteryear' to which you refer are certainly grateful to Tom Farmer if you are not. End of rant. GGTTH:flag:

We do not need you or anyone else to point out what STF did for the club that however doesnt mean he cannot be questioned or criticised now. No matter what STF did serious issues are causing Hibs to underachieve and rightly he deserved questioned. Just because he isnt Romanov or we cannot think of a replacement doesnt mean now 20 years on he is doing a good job.

He has been more than appreciated for what he did for Hibs so do we just accept everything he does because he saved us for the rest of time? We are all grateful to STF but im not grateful for his loyalty to Rod Petrie.

Shields Hibee
12-08-2013, 10:58 PM
We all enter the ground as normal & go to our seats but the minute the teams run out we turn our backs on them. While we've made the effort to turn up, we are showing Fenlon & the players that we are sick of watching this hoofball he's intent on playing.

Not sure which is worst, a stadium with only away support or a stadium with home support who cannot bear to look at you & the style of play.

hibee19
12-08-2013, 11:07 PM
We all enter the ground as normal & go to our seats but the minute the teams run out we turn our backs on them. While we've made the effort to turn up, we are showing Fenlon & the players that we are sick of watching this hoofball he's intent on playing.

Not sure which is worst, a stadium with only away support or a stadium with home support who cannot bear to look at you & the style of play.

Would booing them onto the park not have greater impact? I think a protest away from the match, as has been suggested is also neccessary.

Captain Trips
12-08-2013, 11:13 PM
I think any protest will only work on a matchday I think this weekend can bring it on with 2 fronts, even if not arranged properly I think various groups will be doing different things so the club will know exactly how we feel.

The 2nd will be the empty seats add to that if you intended to go to game but changed your mind why not email the club let them know you are not going they may well ignore it but I urge everyone not going to game due to being sick of it to let them know.

Me and my wife were going to go however we are not now and just leaving 2 empty seats isnt enough an email will be sent to say why we are not going. Not a long email but the following:

Dear Hibs:

2 x empty seats this Saturday. Sick of the manager, sick of the dire football sick of Rod Petrie and sick of standing up to be counted.

Kind regards.

I think if not going its important to have your say so drop email really impotant if ST holder let them know.

Carheenlea
12-08-2013, 11:42 PM
Would booing them onto the park not have greater impact? I think a protest away from the match, as has been suggested is also neccessary.

Absolutely ridiculous suggestion. Driving the confidence of the players further downward will achieve absolutely nothing, and in all likelihood lead to third defeat of the league campaign. Unless of course that is what you desire?

hibee19
12-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Absolutely ridiculous suggestion. Driving the confidence of the players further downward will achieve absolutely nothing, and in all likelihood lead to third defeat of the league campaign. Unless of course that is what you desire?

Its like with a manager getting his team up for the game, if you do the same thing over and over again you can't expect different results. We give the team our absolute backing every time they take to the pitch and it does nothing. Fenlon and the players need to know that this isn't acceptable. Vocally booing has more effect than turning our backs IMO.

Don't accuse me of wanting Hibs to lose, I've cheered Hibs to win my entire life. We all have different ideas about whats needed, but theres absolutely no reason to start being a prick towards other posters.

JOD
13-08-2013, 12:28 AM
Having supported Hibs all my life. I will never ever boo a player who wears the green of Hibs .Some of you on here need to know a supporter is a supporter(the clue is in the name) OK WE ARE HAVING A BAD TIME but I've seen it a lot worse over the years. Pat has brought in a lot of new players and still has the making of a decent team. It just needs a couple of breaks. I also think Kevin should be made captain again. He is not hiding and to me he is our natural leader who understands what our club is all about.

California-Hibs
13-08-2013, 12:44 AM
Is something actually going to get planned here or is it going to be just the usual internet talk?

I think the best plan is what has already been mentioned. Either a protest on thursday during Pats press conference, however what time will this be at, won't it be in the afternoon meaning most people will be at work?

Or a protest at say 2pm on Saturday.

I wish I could be there, but this protest has my full backing from here in California, I fully support it and would be there if I could! I've emailed the club and I've let my feelings known loud and clear.

Ryan69
13-08-2013, 12:49 AM
from the start whistle to 2nd or 3rd minute everyone turns their back to the pitch.

Squealing pig
13-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Great shout ryan 69

Ryan69
13-08-2013, 01:42 AM
Great shout ryan 69

Cant remember who it was,but there was fans of a club that did this.

California-Hibs
13-08-2013, 01:53 AM
Turning backs would be a big failure. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent idea, the problem is though that not everyone would do it and it would look very daft. How many out of the Hibs support do you think have/read Hibs.net?

Ryan69
13-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Turning backs would be a big failure. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent idea, the problem is though that not everyone would do it and it would look very daft. How many out of the Hibs support do you think have/read Hibs.net?

Whatever kind of protest happens...Im sure more than just people on .net will know about it.

The Green Goblin
13-08-2013, 02:58 AM
Imho the most effective protest will be simple but effective, involving large numbers, but which also won't involve negatively affecting support for the team during the match. Others on here will know better than me how that might be done. E-mails sent individually can be ignored or deflected: a group speaking with one voice can't be dismissed so easily.

California-Hibs
13-08-2013, 04:06 AM
Whatever kind of protest happens...Im sure more than just people on .net will know about it.

More yes, a few people will tell some others but the MAJORITY of Hibs fans inside Easter Road on Saturday won't know anything about it. A protest organised at a specific time and place with everybody here who wants to join in and also tell people about it is the way to go IMO.

Saturday 2pm get's my vote. Could give the club the kick up the backside it needs before a big game.

Steve20
13-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Having supported Hibs all my life. I will never ever boo a player who wears the green of Hibs .Some of you on here need to know a supporter is a supporter(the clue is in the name) OK WE ARE HAVING A BAD TIME but I've seen it a lot worse over the years. Pat has brought in a lot of new players and still has the making of a decent team. It just needs a couple of breaks. I also think Kevin should be made captain again. He is not hiding and to me he is our natural leader who understands what our club is all about.

We just need a couple of breaks is always the line used when a team can't get a result. We are getting beat without looking like we could score a goal. The football on show is abysmal. The club need to know that we won't stand for it any longer.

vercol36
13-08-2013, 06:30 AM

Comments more likely to be found on the Bear's Den? Have a word. This is exactly the type of nonsense I'm talking about... The slightest criticism directed towards Farmer results in flustered responses of 'oh, he did a good thing for us and now we are in his debt.' It's an indictment of the culture of acceptance and mediocrity at Hibs. Farmer is the man who has backed a moustachioed buffoon for the last few years simply because he is financially astute. Have no illusions: the only reason Farmer owns this club is because he is an egomaniac who craves a lasting legacy.

Not that I need to reply to some of the stalker elements of your post, but il have a go. I recently finished uni, but for the last seven years I have worked a mix of part-time and full-time shifts with a particular firm, which has had business dealings with Farmer. My admission that I was not a die hard supporter stems from the fact that up until 2001 I did not have a season ticket. I won't 'show respect' to Tom Farmer as he hasn't gained my respect. Ok with you?

NatureBoy
13-08-2013, 06:52 AM
What's happening then? Unity and organization from the fans is what's needed to show our disgust!

I have a season ticket and the way I'm feeling won't be attending on Saturday unless some sort of protest is planned. We've sat on our hands for far too long, it's time we stand up and let the board know we won't take this any more! They've had more than enough chances and talk is cheap!

Personally I feel 2.00pm outside the main stand is by far the best option as it won't impact on the game and won't have as many people conflicted. If this is happening lets agree to it and we can all start rounding up our family and friends, we need a good number to make an impact!

Hibbyradge
13-08-2013, 07:01 AM

That's a shocking post.

Grow up you bigot.

Phil MaGlass
13-08-2013, 07:46 AM

Missed this yesterday, surely you just didīnt bring religion into it, I have said a few things I wished I hadīnt said on Hibsnet, it mostly comes out with the heat of the moment or misunderstanding someone elses post, but to have a go at the mans religion takes the bloody biscuit. We dont have to all be Farmer fans to realise what he has did for this great club (and it still is a GREAT CLUB) mibbe you need to go back to school and not Uni to learn some manners and take a class on bigotry ya trumpet.

Pat 0-7
13-08-2013, 09:16 AM
What's happening then? Unity and organization from the fans is what's needed to show our disgust!

I have a season ticket and the way I'm feeling won't be attending on Saturday unless some sort of protest is planned. We've sat on our hands for far too long, it's time we stand up and let the board know we won't take this any more! They've had more than enough chances and talk is cheap!

Personally I feel 2.00pm outside the main stand is by far the best option as it won't impact on the game and won't have as many people conflicted. If this is happening lets agree to it and we can all start rounding up our family and friends, we need a good number to make an impact!

This.

Protest outside the ground at 2pm. Make sure the media know it is going to happen, as well as other supporters groups, the Bounce, etc..

Then support the team inside the ground - no back turning or going in late.

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Noisy before during and after the game in my opinion, you have to make yourself heard, Petrie has had it easy from the fans as has STF, this is business not personal and for the good of the club we all love, sometimes the truth hurts.

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Fenlon is a dead man walking, the protest should be towards the board in my opinion. Fenlon will be punted eventually, and the idiots who are running the club will appoint another clown to stumble along for a while.

Petrie has no idea what a football manager is, and i'm sorry but STF has backed this man for far too long. Who is leading our club forward, who is the front man of our club?

I keep hearing STF saved us, yes he did and thank you very much Tom. I'm sure you did not save us to give us what we have had over the last few years. Please don't give me anymore pish about how great Rod Petrie is, on the park we are as bad a side to watch as i can remember in 45 years.

Your stubbornness is HARMING this club, the same club you saved. Your plan is not working, we have no leadership apart from bad leadership by anonymous faces. How many times do we see Petrie lead us, you know him the man you put in to run things for you?

I will tell you when we see him, when he wants money. He's like a well dressed Bob ****in Geldof.

Fenlon is a ***** manager, but he's not the problem Tom, you and your stubbornness is.

Either take control and manage the club properly, or get someone else in who can. Or and i'm loath to say this Tom, but get rid of the club to someone who wants to give it their all and run it properly.

PatHead
13-08-2013, 09:56 AM
So is it 2.00pm outside the main stand?

NatureBoy
13-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Time for us to stand up and be counted!! All we do is moan about Hibs and how shocking things are. What do we actually do about it though, NOTHING!!

I'm sick of it, time to show how much the club means to us and actually make a stand against this terrible board! Lets all turn up at 2.00 on Saturday and make our voices heard! If we don't do anything but sit on our ***** yet again, we have no right to moan about Hibs just accept the situation will not improve.

Gustavo Fring
13-08-2013, 10:02 AM
il be there

California-Hibs
13-08-2013, 10:03 AM
I think 2pm outside the main stand (West stand reception area) should be the official protest and that it should either be added to this thread title or a new thread confirming this plan should be made.

Looking through this thread 2pm protest on Saturday is the most popular opinion.

Maybe someone could post it on the bounce/get a Facebook page going?

hibsforeurope
13-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Fenlon is a dead man walking, the protest should be towards the board in my opinion. Fenlon will be punted eventually, and the idiots who are running the club will appoint another clown to stumble along for a while.

Petrie has no idea what a football manager is, and i'm sorry but STF has backed this man for far too long. Who is leading our club forward, who is the front man of our club?

I keep hearing STF saved us, yes he did and thank you very much Tom. I'm sure you did not save us to give us what we have had over the last few years. Please don't give me anymore pish about how great Rod Petrie is, on the park we are as bad a side to watch as i can remember in 45 years.

Your stubbornness is HARMING this club, the same club you saved. Your plan is not working, we have no leadership apart from bad leadership by anonymous faces. How many times do we see Petrie lead us, you know him the man you put in to run things for you?

I will tell you when we see him, when he wants money. He's like a well dressed Bob ****in Geldof.

Fenlon is a ***** manager, but he's not the problem Tom, you and your stubbornness is.

Either take control and manage the club properly, or get someone else in who can. Or and i'm loath to say this Tom, but get rid of the club to someone who wants to give it their all and run it properly.
:top marks Have just been having this exact conversation this morning.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 10:09 AM
What about protest plus boycott. Stand outside the west stand while the games on? If you can enough bodies then that would hit home the message.

NatureBoy
13-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I think 2pm outside the main stand (West stand reception area) should be the official protest and that it should either be added to this thread title or a new thread confirming this plan should be made.

Looking through this thread 2pm protest on Saturday is the most popular opinion.

Maybe someone could post it on the bounce/get a Facebook page going?

100% agree, lets make this official so we can spread the word to friends and family provided they share our views of course.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 10:18 AM
100% agree, lets make this official so we can spread the word to friends and family provided they share our views of course.

The protest should aimed at Petrie as well as Fenlon.

Fenlon out and Petrie should be the cry. We will not stand here and watch our club die!!

Scouse Hibee
13-08-2013, 10:22 AM
What about protest plus boycott. Stand outside the west stand while the games on? If you can enough bodies then that would hit home the message.

Each to their own but not for me, I still want to support the team.

California-Hibs
13-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Ok, so 2pm on Saturday with a protest aimed at Petrie/Fenlon. Time to show them we won't put up with this anymore! Hopefully there's a great turnout for this!

Gustavo Fring
13-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Ok, so 2pm on Saturday with a protest aimed at Petrie/Fenlon. Time to show them we won't put up with this anymore! Hopefully there's a great turnout for this!

there should be plenty hibbys around easter road at that time , hopefully the protest will have a snowball effect and gather momentum as it nears the stadium

California-Hibs
13-08-2013, 10:27 AM
there should be plenty hibbys around easter road at that time , hopefully the protest will have a snowball effect and gather momentum as it nears the stadium

Yeah that's true, I really feel 2pm is a perfect time for this. So admins are we having a thread title change or is a new thread by someone required?

Don't want to let this plan just fizzle away..

Hermit Crab
Each to their own but not for me, I still want to support the team.

I'm away to Henley for the 80s rewind festival but wouldn't be going anyway.

Hermit Crab

I think it will.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Yeah that's true, I really feel 2pm is a perfect time for this. So admins are we having a thread title change or is a new thread by someone required?

Don't want to let this plan just fizzle away..

Get the admins to make thread the official protest thread.

California-Hibs
13-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Get the admins to make thread the official protest thread.

How does that happen, do we need to contact an admin direct or do they read it here and make the change?

CropleyWasGod
13-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Comments more likely to be found on the Bear's Den? Have a word. This is exactly the type of nonsense I'm talking about... The slightest criticism directed towards Farmer results in flustered responses of 'oh, he did a good thing for us and now we are in his debt.' It's an indictment of the culture of acceptance and mediocrity at Hibs. Farmer is the man who has backed a moustachioed buffoon for the last few years simply because he is financially astute. Have no illusions: the only reason Farmer owns this club is because he is an egomaniac who craves a lasting legacy.

Not that I need to reply to some of the stalker elements of your post, but il have a go. I recently finished uni, but for the last seven years I have worked a mix of part-time and full-time shifts with a particular firm, which has had business dealings with Farmer. My admission that I was not a die hard supporter stems from the fact that up until 2001 I did not have a season ticket. I won't 'show respect' to Tom Farmer as he hasn't gained my respect. Ok with you?

It's not ok with me, and I suspect the majority of people on here, to call ST a "rusty old religious fanatic".

Criticise his business strategy, by all means, and have a go at his personal motivation if you must ("egomaniac"?), but do not bring religion into it. It does the rest of your argument no favours at all.

NatureBoy
13-08-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm there, lets see if we can round up the like minded fans. About time we took some positive action as in-action will see the decline of our club!

Keith_M
13-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Someone mentioned gathering in the Car Park outside the West Stand before the game. That actually sounds like a good idea.

What do you think, from 2pm onwards? Maybe even some people that have decided not to attend the match in protest might like to go as well, to show their feelings.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 10:34 AM
How does that happen, do we need to contact an admin direct or do they read it here and make the change?

There will probably be an admin reading this anyway.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm there, lets see if we can round up the like minded fans. About time we took some positive action as in-action will see the decline of our club!

I've facebooked it. Hopefully spread the word fast.

adhibs
13-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Il be there. All my hate will be aimed at petrie, absolute clown

Captain Trips
13-08-2013, 11:08 AM

Spot on again BH.

silverhibee
13-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Admins can the heading for this thread be changed please, to, PROTEST AT WEST STAND CAR PARK SATURDAY AT 2 O'CLOCK. Ta

Could someone get this put up on the bounce as well, and other Hibs forums, folk on facebook/ twitter get it out there for all Hibs fans to see and most importantly for the press/media to get hold of this so that they will print it in there papers before Saturday.

The more pressure put on Petrie and Fenlon before our protest on Saturday the better it will be.

silverhibee
13-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks Admins. :aok:

Right folks it is up to us to turn up in numbers at 2 o'clock on Saturday at the main stand car park.

Get it on facebook, get it trending on twitter, text your mates to let them know, don't give up with the emails to the club, bombard them with emails, there email address is on the MB, can any one who posts on the bounce and other Hibs forums get this posted up on there sites to let Hibs fans know our intentions for Saturday.

Banners of Petrie and Fenlon OUT for the Press to get photos, and lets be vocal about our displeasure on the way OUR club is being run.

GGTTH

Macaroon
13-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Any ideas for a twitter hashtag? Quickest way to get things spread on social media these days.

hibee19
13-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Any ideas for a twitter hashtag? Quickest way to get things spread on social media these days.

#fenlonout #petrieout

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-08-2013, 12:32 PM
I'll be there.

Macaroon
13-08-2013, 12:33 PM
#fenlonout #petrieout

Truly inspired, that is

truehibernian
#showusyoucare

Spike Mandela
All you will do is get a man sacked. Not really a worthy thing to protest about imo.

Whilst I share everyones disillusionment, sacking Pat Fenlon isn't a 'new beginning' it's just the same old routine of hire and fire. I think we are going to have to swallow this bitter pill at least until the new year window and see if the team can turn it around to any extent.

Sometimes at the lowest ebb that's when the team needs our support the most, not protest.

hibee19
13-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Truly inspired, that is

I put a lot of thought into it