PDA

View Full Version : Protest

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

silverhibee
16-08-2013, 03:57 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/furious-hibs-fans-turn-on-chief-1086102

Some songs in the link for tomorrow. :aok:

hibee19
16-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Aren't Pats ex club Bohemians looking for a manager right now? Surely its a win-win-win situation.

NAE NOOKIE
16-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Just back from holiday and have spent a couple of hours reading this thread.

We are a divided lot thats for sure. Some of the comments are out of order ( religious fanatic? WTF ) but also some really good posts.

For my part I agree with the folk who are rightly pointing out that this situation is the culmination of 6 years of poor results and often eye wateringly bad football to go with them. There have been a few good points, but the bad points have overwhelmed them.

More than anything else the clubs biggest problem is that instead of looking like we are in the process of emerging from these years of mediocrity, we seem to be heading on yet another downward spiral. With our current manager overseeing the two worst results in the clubs history.

For anybody to talk about knee jerk reactions is wide of the mark IMO. The fact is that for those 6 years we have failed to provide a brand of football which measures up to the teams we are being compared to like Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Inverness and St Johnstone. I like a lot of other people I have watched clubs of that calibre come to Easter Road and play better football than Hibs. Their movement, organization and passing is usually better and the only thing that lets them down, like most SPFL clubs, is poor finishing.

Thats whats annoying about this to me .... the fact that we cant seem to get our players to play any sort of constructive football but Motherwell etc can ..... why is that?

I'm not sure if a pre match protest will gather momentum or not, but the fact is that if we are poor on Saturday and lose as well the protest will happen anyway, but after the match. I see the weather forecast is pretty poor for Saturday .... could be just as well for the board and PF coz folk might just want to head home or to the pub instead of protesting.

Gustavo Fring
16-08-2013, 08:54 PM
if we dont score tomorrow fenlon better get the rocket . the under 21 yams now have 2 from 2 games - that is a worrying statistic

ionahibby
16-08-2013, 09:03 PM
I have to agree, if you owned a company that had an employee under performing, not doing their job properly in turn causing customer footfall to drop wouldn't you either have stern words or sack him! It would be interesting to know how often farmer and Petrie speak if they even do at all!

Captain Trips
16-08-2013, 09:17 PM
I have to agree, if you owned a company that had an employee under performing, not doing their job properly in turn causing customer footfall to drop wouldn't you either have stern words or sack him! It would be interesting to know how often farmer and Petrie speak if they even do at all!

I wonder what STF said to people running his garages in past about declining sales? I can see Rod, Pat and Calderwood in overalls giving it "you cant fit quicker".

Gustavo Fring
16-08-2013, 09:20 PM
I wonder what STF said to people running his garages in past about declining sales? I can see Rod, Pat and Calderwood in overalls giving it "you cant fit quicker".

did he not sell all the kwik fits that wernt makin money to ford for a billion quid , then rebadged the ones he kept as farmer tyre and autos

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 09:22 PM
did he not sell all the kwik fits that wernt makin money to ford for a billion quid , then rebadged the ones he kept as farmer tyre and autos

All the Farmers Tyres and Auto's that I know of were never Quick Fits in the first place.

cabbageandribs1875
16-08-2013, 09:29 PM
All the Farmers Tyres and Auto's that I know of were never Quick Fits in the first place.

Bathgate Farmers was a quick fit :agree: i imagine there are others

edit: infact i'm sure the one in McDonald road was a quick fit years ago as well

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 09:32 PM

Come to think of it I only know the Corstorphine one :faf:

Sorry too much bevvy :greengrin

Time For Heroes
16-08-2013, 09:33 PM
56 Folk on here going so far judging by the poll, roughly how many are expected to protest in total?

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 09:34 PM
56 Folk on here going so far judging by the poll, roughly how many are expected to protest in total?

Time For Heroes
16-08-2013, 09:43 PM

waited for it, wasn't surprised to see you comment first!:na na:

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 09:46 PM
waited for it, wasn't surprised to see you comment first!:na na:

Sorry mate, couldn't resist :greengrin

Time For Heroes
16-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Sorry mate, couldn't resist :greengrin

As I was typing it I was going to put a footnote in but where would the fun be in that?! :thumbsup:

hibee_nation
17-08-2013, 12:37 AM
All that bother you went to tae thinking you were a comedian and not one person appreciated your cutting wit. Maybe you should take a tellin and delete your post. FUD is apt for that post, oi tink. :fenlon

lord bunberry
17-08-2013, 02:45 AM

edit: infact i'm sure the one in McDonald road was a quick fit years ago as well
It still is a kwik fit

Pete
17-08-2013, 02:58 AM
If you're still planning protesting before the game then get tae kwik-fit.:fenlon

I'm going to have to lay eyes on you as I have problems ticket wise and I consider myself unfortunate. Those who protest before the game are SELFISH beyond belief and obviously have some agenda.

After the game if you must but before? Good luck.

I'm not sure you will go down too well with the thousands who want the best for the team on the day.

marinello59
17-08-2013, 06:50 AM
If you're still planning protesting before the game then get tae kwik-fit.:fenlon

I'm going to have to lay eyes on you as I have problems ticket wise and I consider myself unfortunate. Those who protest before the game are SELFISH beyond belief and obviously have some agenda.

I'm not sure you will go down too well with the thousands who want the best for the team on the day.

But if people protest after the game they will be late home for their tea. Demanding that the rest of the board chuck Petries head out of an upstairs window is all very well but stuff letting the fish fingers and peas get cold.

Steve20
17-08-2013, 07:02 AM

Yeah, the people who want to do something to at least try and get change at the club must be really selfish. I suppose it's better we just go along, watch the same crap for years and complain on message boards and in pubs, but do absolutely nothing. Yep, that's been working real good.

The people who don't want a protest 'want the best for the team' but are happy to do nowt. Excellent.

Tyler Durden
17-08-2013, 07:26 AM

Obviously have some agenda...... you don't miss a trick do you?

What a ridiculous post.

lucky
17-08-2013, 07:34 AM

The SDL are having a march and rally before the game to support their odious policies, but a couple of hundred Hibs fans don't have the right to protest in case they upset the precious fragile minds of the players. FFS
It might actually toughen them up for the relegation fight ahead

Tyler Durden
17-08-2013, 07:48 AM
I'm busily adding a "GIRFUY Peter Douglas" to my PETRIE OUT placard now. I'll have my hands full with that and my pitchfork but ***** it....

HFC 0-7
17-08-2013, 10:08 AM

Before the game is the best option IMO as long as its not carried into the ground. Protest before the game, then, when the game starts get right behind the team. That shows that the fans are against the hierarchy but behind the team. Protest after and its difficult. What if we win then we protest, how will the players react to that? If we are getting beat and everyone knows we are about to protest it may just make the mood in the protest turn poisinous. Everyone knows that straight after a defeat is when you feel the most angry etc. Before the game its about as calm as most people will be for a protest.

Re the bit in bold, possibly the silliest comment ever. Protesters with an agenda? Surely not!

southsider
17-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Remove Petrie from anything to do with the football side of things. His new job is to provide funds for our new Director of Football. He will have total charge of all football matters like our new head coach, over all charge of players in and out and a strategy to get us up this ****ty league. Not in top three is failure.

connerg
17-08-2013, 10:37 AM

Still is a Kwik Fit.

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2013, 10:41 AM
It still is a kwik fit

Still is a Kwik Fit.

just realised i spelt it QUICK-Fit instead of KWIK-Fit duh :embarrass i just followed that scousers spelling :)

jakeshibs
17-08-2013, 10:42 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/furious-hibs-fans-turn-on-chief-1086102

Some songs in the link for tomorrow. :aok:

I disagree and want to support my team

jakeshibs
17-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Before the game is the best option IMO as long as its not carried into the ground. Protest before the game, then, when the game starts get right behind the team. That shows that the fans are against the hierarchy but behind the team. Protest after and its difficult. What if we win then we protest, how will the players react to that? If we are getting beat and everyone knows we are about to protest it may just make the mood in the protest turn poisinous. Everyone knows that straight after a defeat is when you feel the most angry etc. Before the game its about as calm as most people will be for a protest.

Re the bit in bold, possibly the silliest comment ever. Protesters with an agenda? Surely not!

The players will feel it and be nervous if we protest prior to kick off, and this will unsettle them and is not a support! I intend to support my club, through the good and the bad as I have done the past 40 years

connerg
17-08-2013, 10:47 AM
just realised i spelt it QUICK-Fit instead of KWIK-Fit duh :embarrass i just followed that scousers spelling :)

Scouser's can only spell correctly when they're signing on. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
17-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Scouser's can only spell correctly when they're signing on. :greengrin

:hilarious

Chuck Rhoades
17-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Wonder how many will still stand in the pissing rain?

Lucius Apuleius
17-08-2013, 11:02 AM

:aok::faf: That will be a first!

The_Horde
17-08-2013, 11:24 AM
No matter how the protest goes. Lets leave it for outside the ground! Once you cross that line at the turnstile lets get right behind the boys and show them what being hibs is all about.

GGTTH :hibees

Tricla
17-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Yup. The players don't need vitriol raining down from the stands.

Carheenlea
17-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Everyone will be behind the team at Kick Off. The problems will start if things are not happening on the park. There will no doubt be those who will be just sitting waiting for the first misplaced pass or poor defending to then be able to vent their spleen. This will be pretty unhelpful on a day we need to be supportive and try and help the team on it`s way to a victory.

GreenArmyyy!
17-08-2013, 11:40 AM
This day is not going to pass well in my opinion. A lot of anger bordering on hatred flowing through this message board.

Franck Stanton
17-08-2013, 11:51 AM
This day is not going to pass well in my opinion. A lot of anger bordering on Hatrid flowing through this message board.
Hatred ? Bit strong mate, think the correct word you are looking for is Frustration.

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2013, 11:51 AM
This day is not going to pass well in my opinion. A lot of anger bordering on Hatrid flowing through this message board.

:agree:

I agree, i have been that angry i have just got rid of my Hibs hat.

lucky
17-08-2013, 11:52 AM
If United take the lead then PF/Petrie out chants will start. I'm expecting a very vocal Hibs support which will turn on PF if we fall behind.

Betty Boop
17-08-2013, 11:55 AM

:greengrin

scoopyboy
17-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Did you kick it and dance on it on front of the tv cameras?

blackpoolhibs
17-08-2013, 12:04 PM
Did you kick it and dance on it on front of the tv cameras?

Naw, i just flushed it down the lavy. :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
17-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Hatred ? Bit strong mate, think the correct word you are looking for is Frustration.

May or may not be but the abuse and name calling towards Fenlon on here is more than harsh.

Waxy
17-08-2013, 12:56 PM
How is the protest going?
Let us know if anyone resigns.

Hibby70
17-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Had to fight my way through the crowd to meet my dad at the usual time.

There's at least 10 people that look quite angry so far but the rain is staying off.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 12:58 PM
No ones going to resign because of 40 odd people waving homemade banners about

kaimendhibs
17-08-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm about to protest to bt about sheite service

Sent from my iPhone at home on crutches

Franck Stanton
17-08-2013, 01:01 PM
So is the protest a "damp squib" then ? Only what, 40ish protesting ?

pentlando
17-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Sack the protesters ��

Persevere80
17-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Curious if anyone is at the protest?

Hibby70
17-08-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure there are any!

Ozyhibby
17-08-2013, 01:11 PM
40ish is not bad. More than I expected.
My protest is non attendance today. Well done those who did protest at the ground.
Let's hope someone listens.
And also let's hope we turn thing round today and spanking Dundee utd.

HiBremian
17-08-2013, 01:12 PM
As other posters have said, would be smarter to whip oot the banners at the end of the game - IF we get another crap performance. Till then, the team need backing.

Jack
17-08-2013, 01:14 PM
As other posters have said, would be smarter to whip oot the banners at the end of the game - IF we get another crap performance. Till then, the team need backing.

They'll be long down the road by then.

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Why are people making fun of people trying to bring about change for the better? So many people accept mediocrity around this place, no wonder we never achieve anything and progress.

Andy74
17-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Why are people making fun of people trying to bring about change for the better? So many people accept mediocrity around this place, no wonder we never achieve anything and progress.

What's the plan then? I'd happily back something that can deliver change for the better.

NadeAteMyLunch!
There is no protest. Just popped over for a replacement season ticket card and there is nobody there. I got there at 2.02pm so unless it was a 60 second protest, there wasn't one

TowerHibs

yep i agree 100%. hide behind "support the team through thick or thin" line

if we get beat, this place will be full of hardmen claiming they wont be back

Pete
17-08-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm surprised people have settled for such a mediocre protest.

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 01:22 PM
What's the plan then? I'd happily back something that can deliver change for the better.

Putting pressure on the board to question their own position, and the position of the manager. This can be brought around by many different ways, email (this easiest way as people don't need to get out their comfort zones) vocal voicing, and then we have a protest - showing action through banners, songs, making a stance.

IMO (and others) a protest in the form of taking an actual stance is the best option to push for change.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Think that was the first Kwik Fit

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 01:24 PM
yep i agree 100%. hide behind "support the team through thick or thin" line

if we get beat, this place will be full of hardmen claiming they wont be back

Exactly, Hibs fans are so predictable. We bring all the ridicule the Jambos and other teams lash on us upon ourselves.

People need to seriously grow backbones.

hibee19
17-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Exactly, Hibs fans are so predictable. We bring all the ridicule the Jambos and other teams lash on us upon ourselves.

I agree with this. Planning a protest before kick off only gave fans an excuse to be against it. The team needs a boot up the arse and they clearly aren't getting it from Fenlon.

Andy74
17-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Putting pressure on the board to question their own position, and the position of the manager. This can be brought around by many different ways, email (this easiest way as people don't need to get out their comfort zones) vocal voicing, and then we have a protest - showing action through banners, songs, making a stance.

IMO (and others) a protest in the form of taking an actual stance is the best option to push for change.
Change to what though? You wanted to deliver change for the better. What does the better bit look like?

Jack
17-08-2013, 01:29 PM

There are many ways to skin a cat.

A protest before the game today IMO (and many many others) was not appropriate.

SaulGoodman
17-08-2013, 01:30 PM

So you think they're not ridiculing us because of our non existent 'protest' ?that's much better.

Was a joke of an idea and look how it turned out, I'm all for a proper organised thing but a 'by the way we're having a protest at 2' was never going to work.

Golden Bear
Change to what though? You wanted to deliver change for the better. What does the better bit look like?

Exactly - we've been crap for so long that some supporters have actually forgot.

ian cruise
If there's going to be a sing song Les Mis style I'm in!

hibsbollah
17-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Lusty shouts of 'sack the caterers' and 'bring back Tam McCourt'

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Am I the only one here.

Pete
17-08-2013, 01:34 PM

For most of them it means Petrie out and, erm, take it from there.

oldbutdim
17-08-2013, 01:35 PM
Lusty shouts of 'sack the caterers' and 'bring back Tam McCourt'

Didn't realise Tam had done the catering.

Trust him to have a pizza the action.

Hibby70
17-08-2013, 01:35 PM
There was nobody to make fun of.

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 01:36 PM
So you think they're not ridiculing us because of our non existent 'protest' ?that's much better.

Was a joke of an idea and look how it turned out, I'm all for a proper organised thing but a 'by the way we're having a protest at 2' was never going to work.

Ok, explain? What kind of organised protest would you have liked/like to see?

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 01:39 PM

First and foremost, Fenlon not being our manager would be bringing about alittle change for the better.

Then putting pressure on the board to get in an experienced manager and making sure that this time, we get it right.

Also like has been suggested by others, a Director Of Football being appointed to handle the majority of things Petrie can't!

Andy74
17-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Ok, explain? What kind of organised protest would you have liked/like to see?

Maybe something that had some definite aims that people feel strongly enough about to join in and well, turn up.

I read the thread but wasn't quite sure what the protest was about.

I'd like to protest against the lack of quick wingers so I'd be happy to have one about that next time. I think Im fine otherwise.

silverhibee
17-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Where is the 66 other folk.

California-Hibs
17-08-2013, 01:42 PM
There are many ways to skin a cat.

A protest before the game today IMO (and many many others) was not appropriate.

Are you suggesting an appropriate time would be after the game? So if we lose...we protest, how about if we win....we don't protest? Will be a big papering over the cracks if the 2nd outcome happens today. Then the whoooole debate will rage again when we're beat (and outplayed, it's the performances and manor of football that has broke many) again.

Time to not sit on the fence and try to force a change! So many other teams would be far less accepting in our position.

Hibby70
17-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Inside the ground, I think the stay away protest is definitely on

hibsmad
17-08-2013, 01:47 PM

:agree: Always likely to be more successful

Waxy
17-08-2013, 01:48 PM
It's like we are protesting at hibs fans poor protesting.Cant even do that right.
Bad spell for us.

Hibercelona
17-08-2013, 01:50 PM

I wouldn't call it a protest. Most people just don't care anymore.

Dashing Bob S
17-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Worse than the protest, from the club's point of view, is the fact that the fans don't care enough about it anymore to even bother.

Most people will be 'protesting' from their homes or the pub, watching live football on television.

The Falcon
17-08-2013, 01:55 PM
First and foremost, Fenlon not being our manager would be bringing about alittle change for the better.

Then putting pressure on the board to get in an experienced manager and making sure that this time, we get it right.

Also like has been suggested by others, a Director Of Football being appointed to handle the majority of things Petrie can't!

Two of the names I have seen mentioned a lot are Nevin (probably favourite) and Stanton. Both want Fenlon to stay.

Given that scenario would you then be demanding Petrie resign for not recognising a DoF when he sees one?

Andy74
17-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Are you suggesting an appropriate time would be after the game? So if we lose...we protest, how about if we win....we don't protest? Will be a big papering over the cracks if the 2nd outcome happens today. Then the whoooole debate will rage again when we're beat (and outplayed, it's the performances and manor of football that has broke many) again.

Time to not sit on the fence and try to force a change! So many other teams would be far less accepting in our position.

If your protest is about something tangible for the long term then yes, if the team win you still protest. It's not about result to result is it?

Dr Jimmy
17-08-2013, 02:00 PM

At least some people are trying to create a discussion around where the club is heading and the lack of on field progress.
You just seem happy making snide remarks.

Ozyhibby
17-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Two of the names I have seen mentioned a lot are Nevin (probably favourite) and Stanton. Both want Fenlon to stay.

Given that scenario would you then be demanding Petrie resign for not recognising a DoF when he sees one?

Why would anyone give either the job? Nevin had a brief failed stint as one over 10 years ago and Stanton has never done the job before.
The fact that people are even mentioning them shows how little the role is understood in this country.

Andy74
17-08-2013, 02:06 PM
At least some people are trying to create a discussion around where the club is heading and the lack of on field progress.
You just seem happy making snide remarks.

That wasn't a snide remark. That's me asking what the plan is. Looks like the protest might be more about sniping than answers though.

Dr Jimmy
17-08-2013, 02:11 PM
That wasn't a snide remark. That's me asking what the plan is.

Of course its snide remark.
This protest was formed within a week, do you honestly expect a business forecast, structure, continuity planning?
The protest will hopefully achieve discussion within and around the clubs existing PLAN.

The Green Goblin
17-08-2013, 02:57 PM

Do you have any ideas? (Apart from just questioning everybody else's ideas that is....)

Bobo
17-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't worry about how many there was before KO there's bound to be more after Full Time!!

Jack
17-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Even with a win I suspect more folk than none would have taken part. As we are currently losing and playing as badly as ever a protest after the game is more likely than ever.

And you're kidding yourself thinking anything like this will FORCE change. Although of the 50 odd posts I've read there seems to be 50 odd changes up for grabs.

DarlingtonHibee
17-08-2013, 04:00 PM

How much are putting up money wise for this change , as you obviously don't see RP as the answer, and he has STF 110% backing.

Johnny Clash
17-08-2013, 04:01 PM
I didn't agree with the idea of the protest but I can understand why people would want to do this. I reckon it's easy to bash away on the keyboard so at least these supporters were gonna stand up and be counted and make their case. Fair enough.

What I don't understand is when almost 60 people say on this site they're definitely gonna be there at 2pm and then everyone fails to trap. That's a bit mental!!

IWasThere2016
17-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Well done to the protesters - right thing to do IMHO

Keith_M
17-08-2013, 04:13 PM
We're so sh*te we can't even be bothered to have a protest.

@Andy74: AFAIK, the protest was originally supposed to be against Fenlon. Problem was, nobody could seem to agree with each other either on the scope of the protest (hence the point was wasted) and whether there should be one at all. Maybe that's why nobody could be Ars*d turning up... who knows.

Maybe what happened was for the best,...people just couldn't be bothered going to the game.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
17-08-2013, 04:13 PM
If United take the lead then PF/Petrie out chants will start. I'm expecting a very vocal Hibs support which will turn on PF if we fall behind.

And it did:agree:

jakeshibs
17-08-2013, 04:16 PM

how can you guarantee that fenlon being replaced would be for the better????????? how can you guarantee any manager will get it right ???? do you honestly believe protesting, will make our players play better, make them feel more confident?? Supporting a club like ours is very difficult. we do not get as many fantastic memories as other teams, we have under performed for past 30 years with the odd exception, however I have and will remain loyal to Hibs, the team on the park, even as before if we move up and down divisions. I do not know the solution but do not believe protesting makes any situation easier for the team. I support Hibs no matter what!!

Pete
17-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Obviously have some agenda...... you don't miss a trick do you?

What a ridiculous post.

Sorry, I meant other agenda.

We've been mediocre for years apparently so what difference would a few hours make?

Why would people have a protest at a time that might effect the players confidence?

I'm hoping the reason it didn't happen was that people thought about it and didn't want to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Pete
17-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm busily adding a "GIRFUY Peter Douglas" to my PETRIE OUT placard now. I'll have my hands full with that and my pitchfork but ***** it....

:-)

wearethehibs
17-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Not read any of this since my last post. Just wanted to jump in and congratulate all you guys for showing up in such big numbers and making so much noise.

Obviously youse just make noise on your keyboard!

DarlingtonHibee
17-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Well done to the protesters - right thing to do IMHO

So what is your alternative re strategy for Hibs ?

IWasThere2016
17-08-2013, 04:50 PM
I've reflected and there should be no further protests.

The blips in 2007, 1991, 1972 etc were unnecessary but thankfully any excitement/success/silverware is a long way off..

Keep up the under-achieveing Pat and Rodders :agree:

#allisbarry

Waxy
17-08-2013, 04:52 PM
So what is your alternative re strategy for Hibs ?Push for a director of football to be installed.
Doesn't have to be a full time post.
Just someone who knows football and cares about the club.
Pat Nevin like

DarlingtonHibee
17-08-2013, 04:58 PM
I've reflected and there should be no further protests.

The blips in 2007, 1991, 1972 etc were unnecessary but thankfully any excitement/success/silverware is a long way off..

Keep up the under-achieveing Pat and Rodders :agree:

#allisbarry

That post sum's up your input perfectly on Hibs.net.

You post on here degrades our club, STF, RP, and yet again you have no answer's, it is so easy to post when you have no clue as to an alternative.

Jack
17-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Push for a director of football to be installed.
Doesn't have to be a full time post.
Just someone who knows football and cares about the club.
Pat Nevin like

I think a director of football ia a good idea and have said so for many years.

Not sure bandying about names like Pat N actually does any good though as its bound to lead to disappoint when he says no.

ColintonHibs
17-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Hahahahahaha "protest"

oconnors_strip
17-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Not one protester pre or post match, the camera men were laughing at it!

Andy74
17-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Do you have any ideas? (Apart from just questioning everybody else's ideas that is....)

I don't think I was the one arranging or planning to join a protest.

iwasthere1972
17-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Curious if anyone is at the protest?

I would have been there but was delayed by some protest (anti-nazi?) up town.

down-the-slope
17-08-2013, 06:06 PM

No a peep heard where i sit....

IWasThere2016
17-08-2013, 06:29 PM
That post sum's up your input perfectly on Hibs.net.

You post on here degrades our club, STF, RP, and yet again you have no answer's, it is so easy to post when you have no clue as to an alternative.

Nonsense.

For years I have questioned the Board and its poor decisions. The alternatives are in my many posts on the subject.

Knock yersel oot looking back at them!

IWasThere2016
17-08-2013, 06:31 PM

No would have done :wink:

Hibby 2005
17-08-2013, 06:38 PM
No a peep heard where i sit....

I went and witnessed one of the quietest ever crowds at Easter Rd.

Dr Jimmy
17-08-2013, 08:57 PM

Oh...dear.

Andy74
17-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Oh...dear.

Sorry, do you want me to provide the ideas for those that wish to protest?

Dr Jimmy
17-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Sorry, do you want me to provide the ideas for those that wish to protest?

Ok then, yes.
What do you propose?

Gustavo Fring
17-08-2013, 09:13 PM
i was planning to protest and my message was clear FENLON OUT . may the 19th - sackable offence , malmo - sackable offence , losing to under 21 admins - public hanging offence

in the end i didnt go because it was always going to be a disaster due to all the above mentioned points but......

if anyone wants to get a more coherent protest organised where everyone is in agreement ... sign me up

greenlex
17-08-2013, 09:50 PM
It was raining.

The Green Goblin
17-08-2013, 09:53 PM

No, you weren't. You posted on the post-derby thread that you thought Fenlon's time was up though. So you can't be 100% happy. Still, it's easier to question and pick faults with people who make suggestions. Those suggestions might not be the answer, but at least they are trying to find one and do something.

hibee19
17-08-2013, 10:46 PM
i was planning to protest and my message was clear FENLON OUT . may the 19th - sackable offence , malmo - sackable offence , losing to under 21 admins - public hanging offence

in the end i didnt go because it was always going to be a disaster due to all the above mentioned points but......

if anyone wants to get a more coherent protest organised where everyone is in agreement ... sign me up

Pretty much the same with me. I wanted to protest in the hope of influencing change, not simply to vent my anger.

Moon unit
17-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Have been a defender of Pat, but sadly feel its not working for him, more importantly not working for us!

Russ
18-08-2013, 12:01 AM

There was a very brief Fenlon Fenlon get tae **** chant in sect 43. Other than that nothing.

JustSimplyHibs
18-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Not read any of this since my last post. Just wanted to jump in and congratulate all you guys for showing up in such big numbers and making so much noise.

Obviously youse just make noise on your keyboard!

I did plan to go but as it was drawing nearer to 1400hrs and re-read through this thread before heading, i had second thoughts.

Tell you why i had second thoughts wee man;

1. Think the board are starting to get the message - now in the media domain. Hopefully they start getting the message this way,
a). We are sick of being mediocre and this acceptance that 10th or even 4th place is acceptable - it aint, we want Euro every season and semi's and final's every season.
b). Get someone in the know to handle football matters at this club - ON THE BOARD... cause they know sweet FA about it!
c). Fenlon is not the man for this.
d). AND THE MOST IMPORTANT BEFORE ALL OF ABOVE - except b. We want our football team to take to the park and play football, on the deck, attacking with a never die approach.

2. The board arranged a Q&A session with a group of Hibernian supporters - hope this still happens, so our views and opinions on the issue mentioned above get brought up - maybe someone can do it on my behalf.

3. Even although i thought Hibs would win 3-0, I kinda thought if we got beat there would be people around the West on mass after the game.

Phil D. Rolls
18-08-2013, 10:58 AM
You guys remind me of the local IRA, in Spike Milligan's "Puckoon". Two guys fighting a battle that exists in their own mind.