PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone actually surprised that we lost today ?!?

The Voice Of Reason
11-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Serous question.

We were unbelievably bad against Malmo and poor against Motherwell.

Harris (our only player with pace) is injured and we have no pace or movement anywhere else in the team.

We are a dreadful side. Sorry to say that i never even bothered watching today as I knew we'd lose.

A dreadful state of affairs - we deserve so much better.

SaulGoodman
11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Hearts have lost all their good players and played a team full of youngsters.

I'm astonished we got beat. But that's Hibs under Fenlon.

Complete and utter embarrasments

Torto7062
11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Serous question.

Harris (our only player with pace) is injured and we have no pace or movement anywhere else in the team.

We are a dreadful side. Sorry to say that i never even bothered watching today as I knew we'd lose.

I think we all felt if we win only a 3 or 4 nil would be good.

but to lose against young men is unthinkable.

fenlons interview was shocking. he should have been honest and said it was a game
we shouldn't be losing.

he's had his time I think

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm not surprised. If we had gone for the throat i'm certain we would have won. We didn't and got what we deserved, **** ALL

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 02:09 PM
If you look at the score prediction thread, there wasn't really a lot of confidence. There seemed to be a lot of 0-0 or 1-0 either way.

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Yes I am genuinely surprised, thought we would beat their under 20's at a canter

SkintHibby
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Absolutely not surprised.

I spoke to a Jambo on FB the other day and said we hibees could not lose. We win - happy days. We lose - Fenlon goes - happy days.

Not surprised in the slightest and will be disgusted if Fenlon survives this.

lord bunberry
That hearts team was basically the team that our under 20 team was beating last season. We should never have lost today, the fact that we did means fenlon should be sacked right away.

Sir David Gray
Not really but that doesn't make me feel any better.

We were playing against a team full of novices, a lot of whom are barely out of school. To draw against them would have been bad enough, losing against them is just ridiculous.

Nothing surprises me with Hibs anymore, we are going nowhere at the moment and if Hearts avoid liquidation this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we are relegated this season unless we see a dramatic improvement.

Our inability to score goals, or even create serious chances, is quite frightening.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I expected us to win today, we do have better players than them. They were pumped up and fought for every ball all game, we did too and did battle well enough.

Where we were all let down was our tactics again. And of course Fenlon makes such great decisions when using his substitutions.

Was Mullen injured, if so whats wrong with Forster coming in at right back? The balance of the team was wrong AGAIN when putting Stevenson there.

And why was Robertson taken off, unless he was injured i dont understand that one at all?

Vine did nothing much all game, Caldwell should have replaced him. Fenlon just does not know what he's doing. Calderclown would get more out this lot.

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Not really. I've seen nothing from Hibs to suggest we were going to win that game.

CalgaryHibs
Serous question.

NO

PJ IronHIbee
Serous question.

Nope - After the embarrassment of the Malmo defeat I predicted defeats against Motherwell and the Manky mobs Bairns. It doesn't take a genius though to notice how poor we are and what a spineless bunch that pull on the green and white these days - The club is rotten to the core

Simkin911
11-08-2013, 02:17 PM

This. I couldn't see us losing or even them scoring. That's the worst hearts team I have witnessed since I started to follow Hibs in 1985. Yet we still managed to lose? A lot of folk give Alex Miller pelters for his period at Hibs but I'd rather be transported back to then. Fenlon doesn't have a clue.

We're making decent SPL players into donkeys.

wookie70
11-08-2013, 02:26 PM
I thought it would be 0-0 as this looked to be a result both managers would have welcomed. Unfortunately we yet again set up to go for that result and again failed. Fenlon may eventually realise he is on a hiding to nothing playing negative football and give the players an opportunity to express themselves. I fear that even if he does the balance of the squad is all wrong to play attacking football. Long hard season ahead and I am genuinely concerned that we could be involved in the relagation battle.

PapillonVert
11-08-2013, 02:27 PM
No.

Wilson
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
I had a strong feeling for 1-0 to Hibs and I'm never usually confident for a derby. Considering their team a defeat should have been unthinkable. Yet... here we are.

essexhibee
11-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Not in the slightest.

NOLA
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Not surprised but embarrased and hurt

Notahappyhibee
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
No !!!! gutted though all the same :-(

The Voice Of Reason
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Not really but that doesn't make me feel any better.

We were playing against a team full of novices, a lot of whom are barely out of school. To draw against them would have been bad enough, losing against them is just ridiculous.

Nothing surprises me with Hibs anymore, we are going nowhere at the moment and if Hearts avoid liquidation this year, I wouldn't be surprised if we are relegated this season unless we see a dramatic improvement.

Our inability to score goals, or even create serious chances, is quite frightening.

The scary thing is that other than Harris we don't have any more creativity or pace to come in to the team. I can't see us getting much better. :grr:

It's a frightening thought re relegation, it really is.

kdhibees1
11-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Not one bit surprised at the result Today. There is no confidence at Easter Road, especially since losing Griffiths. Following the Hibs has turned me into a pessimist.

Onion
11-08-2013, 02:38 PM

:agree: With the right approach (ie management) that game was there for the taking. ALL the pressure was heaped on these Hearts reserves and youth team players and yet despite that we somehow manage to find a way to lose the game. Today took special management skills to lose to arguably the worst Hearts side in 20 years.

Even a win today was probably not enough to keep him in his job, but the manner of the defeat was quite shocking :bitchy:

Captain Trips
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Of course not he isnt a very good manager and has never been for Hibs. No defeat surprises me with him.

The Voice Of Reason
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Not one bit surprised at the result Today. There is no confidence at Easter Road, especially since losing Griffiths. Following the Hibs has turned me into a pessimist.

You are not alone my friend !

Beefster
11-08-2013, 02:41 PM
No surprise here. The chat beforehand about scoring lots of goals and 'killing them off as a club' was fantasy stuff that took no account of Fenlon and the way he likes to play the game.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2013, 02:46 PM
No. If you a support a team that seems set up to draw 0-0 ever game and is incapable of fashioning scoring opportunities, you can't be surprised when you lose anybody. With this set up we could lose every game this season 0-1, with odd hammering at Parkhead, or somewhere strange like Inverness.

h1bs4life
11-08-2013, 02:47 PM
No not surprised we lost today , its the Hibs way to let you down. How many embarrasing results is Fenlon going to be in charge off us for? Time for him and Petrie to GTF.

green.and.white
11-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Not at all, beating us is just what they do. I can't ****ing stand it any longer. I will never be back at tynecastle

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 02:49 PM
The scary thing is that other than Harris we don't have any more creativity or pace to come in to the team. I can't see us getting much better. :grr:

It's a frightening thought re relegation, it really is.

Yep, it sure is.

But I really don't see where it's going to get any better with the current personnel.

We have very little quality in the squad and have no-one on the bench that you could say is likely to come on and change a game for us.

Our main rivals have a backs-to-the-wall mentality this year and have absolutely nothing to lose. Every point they pick up is a bonus for them, given the situation that they are in and their players will pick up a huge amount of belief from today's result.

Hearts are still favourites to go down, given how small and inexperienced their squad is and also taking the points deficit into account but we are in great danger of being right down there by next May.

The Voice Of Reason
11-08-2013, 02:54 PM
I expected us to win today, we do have better players than them. They were pumped up and fought for every ball all game, we did too and did battle well enough.

Where we were all let down was our tactics again. And of course Fenlon makes such great decisions when using his substitutions.

Was Mullen injured, if so whats wrong with Forster coming in at right back? The balance of the team was wrong AGAIN when putting Stevenson there.

And why was Robertson taken off, unless he was injured i dont understand that one at all?

Vine did nothing much all game, Caldwell should have replaced him. Fenlon just does not know what he's doing. Calderclown would get more out this lot.

Surprised by the bit in bold BH. You have been supporting Hibs for long enough for that type of positive attitude to be drained out of you......surely ?!?

With the current manager and the players (lets not forget these losers on the pitch) nothing surprises me anymore. I predict a number of 0-0 draws or 1-0 defeats this season.

We could go down we are that bad FFS ! :grr:

chrisski33
11-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Tbh I wasnt surprised but I was certain we would win but maybe us being labelled favourites didnt help but having Fenlon in charge doesnt help amd his time is definately up, if someone else was in charge im sure we wud have won comfortably

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Surprised by the bit in bold BH. You have been supporting Hibs for long enough for that type of positive attitude to be drained out of you......surely ?!?

With the current manager and the players (lets not forget these losers on the pitch) nothing surprises me anymore. I predict a number of 0-0 draws or 1-0 defeats this season.

We could go down we are that bad FFS ! :grr:

I did expect us to win, dont kid yourself that Hearts are a good side. We have better players than them, we are a better team than them but are being led by a numpty.

I actually had a bet on us to win today, that's how sure i was we'd win, but the way we were set up, and the tactics and substitutions by the magician ensured we'd no chance of winning today. :rolleyes:

I knew they would be pumped up, and we had to compete with them, and i felt we did. Although yet again under Fenlon he set us up in a way we'd always struggle to create a goal, he has to GTF out my football club.

oregonhibby
11-08-2013, 03:07 PM
No, we hoped to win and they wanted to win.

Baader
11-08-2013, 03:08 PM
No. Not surprised which is sad enough in itself

Tyler Durden
11-08-2013, 03:10 PM
Tbh I wasnt surprised but I was certain we would win but maybe us being labelled favourites didnt help but having Fenlon in charge doesnt help amd his time is definately up, if someone else was in charge im sure we wud have won comfortably

Hearts were favourites and yet we still had people on here talking about 3 or 4 goal wins.

Hibbyradge
11-08-2013, 03:26 PM
As soon as the fixture was annonced, I knew hearts would win.

Scottie
11-08-2013, 03:27 PM
NO Didn't expect anything from the game today and proved right

Weve got to accept we are a bottom 6 club until things change OFF the park also

We need change from the boardroom right down to the bottom

weve all been waiting years for something positive to happen and unfortunately i can't see it happening soon :I'm waiti

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 03:33 PM
How could any of us be surprised?

We were this bad last season as well. Only difference was Leigh Griffiths. Anybody who can't see this is blind.

Lucius Apuleius
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
I did expect us to win, dont kid yourself that Hearts are a good side. We have better players than them, we are a better team than them but are being led by a numpty.

I actually had a bet on us to win today, that's how sure i was we'd win, but the way we were set up, and the tactics and substitutions by the magician ensured we'd no chance of winning today. :rolleyes:

I knew they would be pumped up, and we had to compete with them, and i felt we did. Although yet again under Fenlon he set us up in a way we'd always struggle to create a goal, he has to GTF out my football club.

Totally agree with most of that mate. I thought we fought for balls and it was nice to see some robust challenges going the other way for a change. I thought we would win comfortably if we started with Vine and Collins. We didn't. Grim indeed. I still think we have a half decent squad and good enough to do well in this league. I now no longer believe Pat, nice guy that he is, is the person to bring that out in them.

Paisley Hibby
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Serous question.

Not in the slightest. For me the best we ever going to get with Fenlon was a 0-0 draw. It was always going to be that or 1-0 to them.

Bad as it is losing to that mob, that's the least of our worries. If Fenlon stays we are in for much much worse over the next few months. If we lose to a bunch of bairns imagine what a half decent side will do to us. And God help us when we play Celtic.

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Totally agree with most of that mate. I thought we fought for balls and it was nice to see some robust challenges going the other way for a change. I thought we would win comfortably if we started with Vine and Collins. We didn't. Grim indeed. I still think we have a half decent squad and good enough to do well in this league. I now no longer believe Pat, nice guy that he is, is the person to bring that out in them.

I don't think Vines and Collins will cut it at this level, regardless of the manager.

weonlywon6-2
11-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Serous question.

Sadly,no

We are awful,and it pains to say it.They will get humped this season they are that bad.We will recover if we get a decent manager

IWasThere2016
11-08-2013, 03:49 PM
No - I put us down to lose v Motherwell and swapped them to win 1-0 to 1-1 in the Prediction League. We are pish - pure pish.

GodisaHibee
11-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Nope, not surprised in the slightest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scottie
11-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I don't think Vines and Collins will cut it at this level, regardless of the manager.

Can you tell us all which strikers would "cut it at this level" with the crap service our forwards have to deal with year after year ?

Off the top of my head i can't think of any. FFS Ronaldo and Messi would struggle with the service our team provides :confused:

IWasThere2016
11-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Can you tell us all which strikers would "cut it at this level" with the crap service our forwards have to deal with year after year ?

Off the top of my head i can't think of any. FFS Ronaldo and Messi would struggle with the service our team provides :confused:

Yup - the "manager" wants five crabs in the midfield.

weonlywon6-2
11-08-2013, 04:03 PM

They must be at a honking level if they cant cut it at hibs

Islington Hibs
11-08-2013, 04:09 PM
I though even we would beat them. They are a very poor side with little experience indeed and frankly the result today was a disaster. For me it is worse than the cup final defeat as this should be pay back time. Their tails are up and given how weak we are we are heading for the bottom 2 or 3 spot We blew it again

ALF TUPPER
11-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Not surprised.

steviehibsleith
11-08-2013, 04:14 PM
When I saw the teamsheet I genuinely thought yes we have a real chance here.
There is something inherently wrong at Hibs - and im afraid the manager has to take the blame. On paper this team should have beat the Hearts youngsters end of. But they failed and and I ask myself why. Driving home I hear Terry Butcher on the radio praising his players, THEY GAVE 100 PERCENT, WORKED THIER SOCKS OFF FULL OFF DESIRE PROUD OF THEM ALL.
Nowhere does he state technically gifted and brilliant footballers, but they give there all and try hard and are currently two wins from two.
We have a fantastic training facility pay good wages more or comparable than our peers yet we are finishing bottom six consitantly and right now without some serious changes we are going to be in a relagation place.

What is going wrong really wish someone from the dressing room would come out and say because there is very little confidence among the players. How many were willing to take a touch and make a simple pass. KT did but how many passes did we string together before we just punt in forward and as for throw ons this is laughable.

Are the players not playing for the manager, are they not fit and sharp enough, no desire to win, what the hell is wrong im gutted we didnt beat them..

OsloHibs
11-08-2013, 04:14 PM
I expected us to win :bitchy:

heretoday
11-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Not surprised at all. The stage is set for a Back from the Brink recovery by Hearts young team. I have a feeling they will avoid relegation - unless of course other factors necessitate it.

Hibs seem flat in comparison. No spirit.

Forthview
11-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Today confirmed I was right to not buy a season ticket and use the funds to learn to play golf, much more enjoyable. Not surprised we lost, 1 goal conceded means we're beat, we are so weak.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Given our derby record over the past couple of decades, we shouldn't be surprised, but it still hurts against a decimated and demoralised Hearts. If they're still able to beat us in their current circumstances, we're at rock bottom.

500miles
11-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Fenlon doesn't seem to breed confidence in his players. A confident team would have taken at least three of the chances that Collins, Vine, Craig, Robertson or Taiwo had. We should have really hammered them in the second half.

TornadoHibby
11-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Serous question.

I believe that Hibs as a club need to consider the club's current product on offer on the park and it's results over the last two or three years and decide whether that might be enough to persuade seasoned and long terms Hibs fans to spend their time and cash on other things that they enjoy doing such as golf, bowls, playing football etc rather than on watching Hibs! :confused:

I've heard quite a few such people express those kinds of views and, perhaps worryingly, this season already! :agree:

Shocking stuff today IMO! :rolleyes:

erskine-hibby
11-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Nope!
Could have written the script.

neil7908
11-08-2013, 04:37 PM
Yeah I'm surprised that we lost. Knew we didn't have it in us to win by 3-4 goals but I thought we would edge the game, could imagine a draw but this result is honestly as bad as the 1-5 game. This Hearts team are poor, poor, poor.

A couple of there young guys might go onto better things but this is still in effect Hearts reserve/U-20s team.

Its not just the result though, its the overall performance we've seen the last 2 games that have been so worrying. If we'd taken the game to Hearts, dominated the game but just couldn't get the ball in the net and then Hearts popped up with a lucky winner I would have been angry but accepted it.

The way Fenlon is talking that was the case today but I cant recall McDonald every being troubled the whole 90 mins. We literally never threatened their goal at any point and the ball was barely on the deck.

For me this result and performance (given the importance of the game to our season and the opposition), the 1-5 game and the Malmo game are all sackable offences. Lucky to get away with 1, 2 is really pushing it. 3 is just unbelievable.

Andy74
11-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I didn't see us losing. I thought Pat deserved to see the start of the league but we can't link midfield to attack even though we have very decent players. My worry is that even though we've been unluck with Cairney and Harris being put that we haven't tried to add pace or creativity. We've needed those things for some time now. I think where things are now that Pat us probably beyond salvaging this.

He's been a very decent man and be has addressed a lot of things at the club for the better. He deserves a bit of respect and not the aggression and name calling though.

Makaveli
11-08-2013, 04:56 PM
I didn't see us losing. I thought Pat deserved to see the start of the league but we can't link midfield to attack even though we have very decent players. My worry is that even though we've been unluck with Cairney and Harris being put that we haven't tried to add pace or creativity. We've needed those things for some time now. I think where things are now that Pat us probably beyond salvaging this.

He's been a very decent man and be has addressed a lot of things at the club for the better. He deserves a bit of respect and not the aggression and name calling though.

Not being funny, but based on what? His comments today and last week speak of indifference/disinterest bordering on disrespect.

chrisski33
11-08-2013, 04:59 PM

Respect? Look at some of the embarrassing results we have under him? Today was final straw. Fenlon can gtf

Danielyma6
11-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I thought they were lucky to win . We created a lot if chances but were just unlucky with them all , the Goals will come shortly

neil7908
11-08-2013, 05:05 PM
I thought they were lucky to win . We created a lot if chances but were just unlucky with them all , the Goals will come shortly

Not having a go but just genuinely curious as to what chances you were talking about? Collins had one shot that went a yard or 2 wide without troubling their keeper, Taiwo nearly got on the end of a cross from Craig and we had one header over the bar after they scored.

I wouldn't call any of those incidents a chance, maybe a half chance at best. Did McDonald actually make a save at any point in the whole game?

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 05:08 PM
i thought they were lucky to win . We created a lot if chances but were just unlucky with them all , the goals will come shortly

ltyf

andy1875
11-08-2013, 05:14 PM
Am I surprised we lost to a team of average kids who represent a team in administration? Yes

Am I shocked? No, not under Fenlon. Everytime we think we've hit rock bottom, we go a little bit lower.

The only team in football, whilst our greatest rivals are in admin and in so called "crisis" could be a laughing stock by the start of August are us. Sickened by that today.

Petrie and Fenlon GTF.

Coco Bryce
11-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Fenlon is taking us down to lows you could never imagine. The man has taken our club back years. GHTF!

TAHibby
11-08-2013, 05:27 PM
I've completely forgotten what it feels like for ball to hit the back of the net for a hibs goal...:dead: Honestly, I actually am surprised we lost today. As completely ***** as we are, was sure we'd surely have enough for a 1-0 scrappy at the very least but we barely created a thing today. The misery continues.

The Voice Of Reason
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM

Andy - the bit in bold, I've read this a few times.

Can you please clarify what exactly you think he has changed for the better ???????:confused:

weonlywon6-2
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM

I want a new manager in,kick some ***** and start playing better then draw them in the cup

Coco Bryce
11-08-2013, 05:36 PM
[/B]

Andy - the bit in bold, I've read this a few times.

Can you please clarify what exactly you think he has changed for the better ???????:confused:

He got the away dressing room painted green to scare the opposition team....

BoltonHibee
11-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Not surprised in the least, maybe by the margin of the scoreline but not the actual result.

I honestly believe some people prior to this game either didn't know or refused to believe how awful we actually are.

Crab apple
11-08-2013, 05:51 PM

I agree with most of this Blackpool. I thought we mostly bossed them physically and it was good to see the Tattooed Lady take a sore one. Hopefully he's out for some time. Thomson and Robertson were fine again. But we have no pace, creativity or width in the team and will struggle to score goals. At least I've seen a goal this year (Portugal) but I honestly see us struggling big time unless he brings in some wingers and proper full backs. This just shows how much Leigh's goals masked many of these issues.

Emerald
11-08-2013, 05:55 PM
I agree with most of this Blackpool. I thought we mostly bossed them physically and it was good to see the Tattooed Lady take a sore one. Hopefully he's out for some time. Thomson and Robertson were fine again. But we have no pace, creativity or width in the team and will struggle to score goals. At least I've seen a goal this year (Portugal) but I honestly see us struggling big time unless he brings in some wingers and proper full backs. This just shows how much Leigh's goals masked many of these issues.

I also think we need a spark and pace through midfield, wingers alone will not help as the midfield need to support the wingers and right now they just don't get forward quick enough. They are either not able or are playing under orders. The squad we have could click given a couple of quick players being added. Not with Fenlon at the helm I may add.

Biggie
11-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Fenlon is taking us down to lows you could never imagine. The man has taken our club back years. GHTF!

This......I'm with you Coco.....

Hibs On Tour
11-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Undoubtedly we had the stronger team out there, regardless of how ***** we are or played. Wouldn't necessarily say we were less up for the game either. BUT, our players didn't appear to have as much of a clue what to do with the ball when we had it and certainly - as always - we weren't set up to do anything remotely approaching attack.

That all said, this *could* turn out to be the best result we have all season, if it means we get shot of PF. Think all the talk of our being relegated is knee-jerk and forgetting there are a few other truly awful teams around us like St Mirren in addition to the lot in administration. Not saying it wouldn't happen, but its certainly got a lot more chance of PF remains in charge. Certainly, I do think that if he remains, we might struggle to finish about the admin lot.

Times up Pat, its not happening...

The Sea-gull
11-08-2013, 06:38 PM

Do you know him personally or do you just think he seems a decent guy? I don't know Pat but he seems like a good guy. I don't think he should have got the job though and my misgivings look like having foundation. You have been one of his biggest supporters and your post suggests that even you think it is time up for him. That says a lot.