PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon out (post derby)

Pages : [1] 2

mcfly
11-08-2013, 12:55 PM
We need real leadership from the board now re what direction we are heading in as a club.

The manager in my view has given up the fight and has to be removed.

We have a bunch of players that are decent but we need to play in a more attacking and attractive way.

Today is enough for me and pat Fenlon needs to leave as manager

Bobo
11-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Disgusting performance in a game we should have had total control of, considering the age and inexperienced of the Hearts team, yet our players go out like frightened rabbits and dish up our usual woeful derby performance!

Even despite Hearts lack of a proven striker, our defence looked far from steady when coping with them coming forward, having Lewis Stevenson in the side doesn't help!!

Over all we had very little control of the middle of the park and less possession despite Fenlon persisting in playing five men in there. Our poor ball retention, lack of width & creation left Collins feeding of scraps no wonder we haven't scored or looked like doing so for so long!

Our players are far too slow, make too many backward /sideways passes and are intent on hoofing aimless long balls up the park .. we are a very very poor football team at any level and will be lucky to get out of the bottom 3 or avoid the drop come the end of the season.

There is a clear lack of tactics, fight or belief in this Hibs team and too many soft touches for my liking. There can be no excuses, we're going nowhere under Fenlon and haven't been for most of his tenure, he's a very poor manager and has to go, he's long out stayed his welcome for me.

erskine-hibby
11-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Clueless and has to go NOW!

KWJ
11-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Yup he's lost my support. Time to go Pat.

leither17
We have heard for years that we will get ours back when it's a level playing field well what a load of ****te that was today Fenlon out

The_Horde
Goodbye.

Smiggy 7-0
Sorry Pat, enough is enough. GO NOW

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 01:00 PM
YOU ARE KILLING MY CLUB

:giruy:

oramhibee
11-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Hibs record this season:

Malmo 2-0 Hibs
Hibs 0-7 Malmo
Hibs 0-1 Motherwell
Liquidation 1-0 Hibs

played 4 competitive games lost 4 conceded 11 scored 0

Fenlon should go, not good enough!

Andy74
Aye. Time to go.

spurshibby
what a joke he is,smirking before game as if it was in the bag,he has to go ,no plan A never mind a plan B.....FENLON GET TO FRANCE:confused:

stokesmessiah
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Think he should go but this is just petty and childish.

He is a decent guy, just not good enough as manager.

Tonez
11-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Hearts are piss poor, with a young inexperienced side and yet Fenlon & Co can't get the tactics right to produce what should have been a comfortable win.

GTF Fenlon and take 99.9% of your signings with you!!

manx hibee
11-08-2013, 01:03 PM
This.

Fenton can leave. Now. On final whistle. Just go and never. Ever. Come back. My eyes are bleeding and my soul is crushed you sad excuse of a football manager.

THIS ^^^^^^
ive been a backer of fenlon but now
DO ONE !!! Your killing me useless c@@@

Tha Cabbage Kid
11-08-2013, 01:04 PM
i would like to retract my stay vote!!!

we are going backward now!!!

sleeping giant
11-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Your thread title is classless . No need.

Rossco1875
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Op less of the personal comments! !

cabbageandribs1875
absolutely no need whatsoever for the 'speccy' and '*****' p@sh

Jones28
Get that title changed. No need. I don't care what the situation is, that is childish.

S.sct
11-08-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm starting to regret but my ST now! If it means I have to watch this week in week out
Could'nt agree more, said that after watching the Malmo and Motherwell games. Really can't stomach watching a season of this pish. Change required now.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 01:07 PM
That reaction must make Petrie act.

He's well and truly lost the support.

QMU-1875
11-08-2013, 01:07 PM
He is awful. A terrible football manager, got to leave. That is for me three of the WORST results he has presided over and confirms him as the worst manager in our history.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 01:08 PM
If any of you guys love HIBS start shouting for their heads.
One of the most embarrassing results in the clubs history.
Thats 2x cup finals, europe now this.
Mass protests.

Farmer, you can do one as well cause these ***** are killing the club.

I bet Farmer doesn't have incompetents like these running his auto care outlets.

GO DO ONE :fenlon

orourke
11-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Sorry Paddy boy, i have patiently backed you and hoped you could turn things around. It is now time to call it a day and phone that taxi,
i do worry where we go from here but i really do not believe we can get any worse. !!!!!!!!!:

mcculloch1875
11-08-2013, 01:09 PM
He said before if he feels he's not the man for the job then he will step aside well that time is now. At least give us a chance to avoid relegation this season.

SunshineOnLeith
11-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Was a backer of Fenlon up to now but he's got to go, Jimmy Nichol can do the role on a caretaker basis while we look for someone new. We've got a good enough squad of players so it shouldn't be too much of an issue that the new guy won't have much time to sign players.

hibbymick
THIS ^^^^^^

There's quite a few half hearted players he can take with him.

Captain Trips
Why were people suggesting give him to Hearts game? The guy has shown he isnt up to it for months and months what did you expect today?. Sheer boring football unispring tactics along side embarrasing results make him now IMO a worse manager than CC.

This should and coud have been dealt with 12mths ago he clearly then wasnt up to it.

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM
utter disgrace , fenlon lost my support a long time ago . now he just has to admit he cant cut it over here and let someone else come in and try to save the season

2 games in and we already look like favourates to go down

FENLON MUST GO , WHERE IS MR PETRIE HIDING ITS TIME FOR SOME ANSWERS ROD

The Green Goblin
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Go. Now.

zippy1875
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Board have to go first. If it is Petrie that picks the new managers then he needs to resign can't be trusted to pick a new manager.

QMU-1875
11-08-2013, 01:12 PM
He is awful. A terrible football manager, got to leave. That is for me three of the WORST results he has presided over and confirms him as the worst manager in our history.

cocopops1875
11-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Who do you have lined up to buy the club ?

The Leith Dutch
11-08-2013, 01:13 PM
THIS ^^^^^^

Surely the only argument left to have is whether he should get his P45 before he went down the tunnel or not.

With the game at 0-0 and having sent his team out to hoof it over the midfield his idea to change the course of the game was to put on a very short defensive midfielder.

I rate Taiwo highly but playing with 3 defensive mids and having no width.
WTF?

KingFranck
11-08-2013, 01:14 PM
What does he do to players ?
Craig one of the beat players on the league last year looks hopeless for us
Collins looks ok but just give it another two weeks and he'll be the same!

SteveHFC
11-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Get the useless clown to ****

Castle Hibs
11-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Has to go. He does not have the know how to change the way we play. Looks totally out of his depth.

zippy1875
Who do you have lined up to buy the club ?

You not got a few million spare?

Albion Hibs
I have always said he should have gone after the hearts final, in fact I would not have blamed them if hibs decided to to give him a lift back from Hamden on the coach. Yet again we have started a season with the wrong manager in place. Fenlon needs to go now.

Expecting Rain
11-08-2013, 01:17 PM
In a non-performance that lacked passion, urgency, shape, tactics, technique and creativity there can`t possibly be any excuses for defending the manager, he can`t extract any kind of display from those he has signed or those with whom we has had time to work with, we need a change and we need it now.

Gustavo Fring
fenlon will still be hibs manager tomorrow....and for our next game . petrie wont sack him and he wont do the decent thing and resign

davieh
Why were people suggesting give him to Hearts game? The guy has shown he isnt up to it for months and months what did you expect today?. Sheer boring football unispring tactics along side embarrasing results make him now IMO a worse manager than CC.

This should and coud have been dealt with 12mths ago he clearly then wasnt up to it.

Absolutely. We've wasted two weeks since Malmo-geddon, where every game just pileson the evidence that PF hasn't got what it takes.

7Hero
11-08-2013, 01:18 PM
We are unique in football, we have an owner who is not interested. There is no desire from the top, via petrie for us to be successful. Mediocre is fine, and we want to score financial goals, not the ones that are on the park..

Secondly the footballing decisions being made by the "board of directors" amounts to the hiring of some of the worst managers and THE worst manager we have ever had..

What can be done ? We are stuck with petrie, he is going nowhere, mr 10% will keep making decisions.

Fenlon must go ? Of course he must, but we have been here before.

And we will be here again unless something happens at boardroom / owner level..

cad
Apart from Hanlon and Stevenson theyre all his players 20 odd shots at goal in our last 3 games if your lucky .
If the guy who signed them cant set them up what chance has the next guy through the door .
Pat was a Lindsay choice does that mean its back to Rod again , do some think our reaction is OTT ,are we expecting to much from our players ,why isn't there any coherence from front to back ,couldn't believe how many times we launched it today.

Absolutely dismayed at where Hibs are going under his leadership , just go Pat get a package and leave

YehButNoBut
The Hearts cup final & Malmo game were bad but for me losing this game to Hearts kid's team is the worst of them all. Don't think I've ever felt so bad supporting Hibs, there's no comeback from this Pat if you have any decency you'll be away by tonight.

Yuillsy
11-08-2013, 01:20 PM
He's been the luckiest manager on the planet by having Griffiths last year.
Sparky's form probably kept him in a job long before the semi last year.
He needs to admit he hasn't got it and walk now we were dreadful today and once they scored we didn't look likely to pull it back.

proud_and_green
11-08-2013, 01:20 PM
This is going to be a long season if he doesn't go very soon. The squad is decent and should be able to do well, but not with him in the chair!

Sumner
11-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Fenlon out... oh and another thing..

Rod Petrie
GET TO F***

LeithBoozy
Groundhog day, its like living a nightmare. If Petrie does not act soon, our season is flocked :rolleyes:.

LancsHibs
I hope all of those who said give him the first couple of games are now well satisfied!! The result of this is 0 points and a further 2 weeks wasted:grr:
Get him to **** now, he cant even see the obvious and either can't learn from his mistakes or is too stubborn.

banchoryhibs
Q "What's gone wrong Pat"

A "I don't think that there is a lot wrong, we just need to work a little harder" "I don't think that we are a million miles away"

REALLY !!!!!!

Baader
11-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Times up. Had a fair crack of the whip but clearly not up to it. There are some decent players for our league there but we are hopeless.

OrdHibby
Think he should go but this is just petty and childish.

He is a decent guy, just not good enough as manager.

No he isn't. No decent guy would do this to us. If he was a decent guy he would have walked after subbing Jorge Claros in the 2012 embarrassment. He can go **** himself. He's a clown

Golden Bear
fenlon will still be hibs manager tomorrow....and for our next game . petrie wont sack him and he wont do the decent thing and resign

Sadly I think you're right.

cad
Was a backer of Fenlon up to now but he's got to go, Jimmy Nichol can do the role on a caretaker basis while we look for someone new. We've got a good enough squad of players so it shouldn't be too much of an issue that the new guy won't have much time to sign players.

Nicol isn't the answer either caretaker or otherwise

YehButNoBut
11-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Fenlon interview on now, said

Unlucky to lose, they had one chance and took it, we were on top at the time.

Said there is not a lot wrong we just need to work harder.

Said we're only 2 games into the season & we just need to work harder, we're not far away only been two 1-0 defeats etc

Also said the board have supported him.

It doesn't sound like he intends going anywhere, he's not quitting.

Pat 0-7
Q "What's gone wrong Pat"

A "I don't think that there is a lot wrong, we just need to work a little harder" "I don't think that we are a million miles away"

REALLY !!!!!!

Unbelievable eh? Thinks we were unlucky today???? FFS, how can he not see how bad we are??? Or maybe just not admitting it....

GoldenMeerkat
He says he's looking forward to next week, I'm not.

livi hibs 1875
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
dont usually say these words but enough is enough.going no where fast ." im not going to pay good money to watch this " dreadfull stuff under pat

Hibs7

Said we're only 2 games into the season & we just need to work harder, we're not far away only been two 1-0 defeats etc

Can't he see it is the manner of the defeats not so much the defeat itself ..

Gustavo Fring
i just listened to fenlons interview , he doesnt see a big problem - just bad luck says paddy . he also says he's goin naewhere the boards happy with him by the sound of it

would fan pressure force any action from petrie ?? im up for a protest down easter road

SlickShoes
11-08-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm not going back until Fenlon and Petrie are gone, happily spend my money on something else this year maybe a week away in the sun

dunedinhibs
11-08-2013, 01:25 PM
A completely embarrassing display of football. Today was his day to show us that he has what it takes, I genuinely thought he was going to go for it today. I think anyone who still supports fenlon after today needs their head examined :confused: Thinks have to change in our club, to be beaten by a team of boys with FENLONS TEAM is hard to take. I really wanted him to turn us in the right direction and with his likeable personality and philosophical way of speaking I think people wanted him to succeed so much that they ignored all the obvious warning signs ( me for one). Enough is enough, Goodbye Pat

Hibs7
11-08-2013, 01:26 PM
i just listened to fenlons interview , he doesnt see a big problem - just bad luck says paddy . he also says he's goin naewhere the boards happy with him by the sound of it

would fan pressure force any action from petrie ?? im up for a protest down easter road

The crowd at the next home game will show how we feel ......

MSK
11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
No he isn't. No decent guy would do this to usBehave yersel eh ..he may be tactically inept etc as a Manager, but he doesn't deserve personal abuse on here !!

carnoustiehibee
11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
I'm not going back until Fenlon and Petrie are gone, happily spend my money on something else this year maybe a week away in the sun

Exactly the same. Won't be back till he's away

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM

Tell me thats a wind up.

If not then i'm voting with my feet next Saturday and my ST seat can lie empty.

Clown.

Gerard
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
PF has done his best and it is clear that he is not the man to manage at Hibs. Thanks for trying Mr Fenlon.

proud_and_green
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM

Me and al l the other season ticket holders not showing up doesn't prove anything - they already have the money. I do wonder if a demonstration of the kind that, I think, Man U did. That is turn our backs on the pitch....I don't know, just pissed off with year on year of *****!

Gustavo Fring

we need shot of fenlon before the next home game . he has to go now

hibs4life
It isn't any fun watching Hibs now and hasn't been in a while. Add to that fact we keep losing and can't score, I think it's time for Pat to go. Let's hope we can at last pick a manager that takes us forward. I'll not hold my breath though...

Makaveli
11-08-2013, 01:32 PM
If he was as decent a guy as people keep saying, he would f*** off.

davieh
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Petrie and the Board are really showing themselves negligent here, and calling into question their competence to run Hibs. They've repeatedly apponted unsuccessful managers and if they don't sack Fenlon today, they are more and more culpable. This time, I don't think replacing the manager is enough though...there must be change at the Board level too. Roll on the AGM.

Captain Trips
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
Every day PF is in a job IMO it is gross incompetance from his employers. They have failed yet again to employ the right person and the signs were there a long long time ago.

A lot of heads should role over next 24hrs.

Westie1875
11-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Tell me thats a wind up.

If not then i'm voting with my feet next Saturday and my ST seat can lie empty.

Clown.

Tempted to do the same. I really can't see how they can leave him in position now though with pretty much the whole fanbase wanting him gone?

Hibs7
11-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Me and al l the other season ticket holders not showing up doesn't prove anything - they already have the money. I do wonder if a demonstration of the kind that, I think, Man U did. That is turn our backs on the pitch....I don't know, just pissed off with year on year of *****!

It won't matter of you have a season ticket ...empty stands will send the message

theonlywayisup
11-08-2013, 01:35 PM
The current poll shows approx 30% wanting to see Fenlon stay.

Now, two weeks after the Malmo game, I wonder what the % will be now.

Admins - I know there are a lot of similar threads, but it would be good not to merge with the other poll.

madbadlad
11-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote from Fenlon post match.

I beg to differ. Resign now if you honestly believe that, Pat, as thousands disagree.

And there is a lot of evidence to support them.

Magnifique
11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Exactly the same. Won't be back till he's away

I have been a season ticket a few times, once under McLeish and one the first year of the new east stand. Had one for the laddie too. I won't be back or spend another bean on hibs until the club sorts itself out.

HFC 0-7
11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Just seen his interview:

"I thought we were well on top until they scored"

" I thought we played well at times today"

" A lot of positives today"

"Didnt think they deserved it"

"Whatever happens happens"

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Of course he isn't going to resign. Pat knows he's well out of his depth. He also knows that they'll be a decent sized pay off if he is sacked.

Fenlon will be sacked, Petrie (the real problem) will bring in another imposter and the cycle will repeat itself.

Perhaps we can flog off east mains to pay him off and bring in a bit of quality....

h1bs4life
Fenlon shoukl have gone a long time ago. Does not have a clue . Unfortunately they already have my season ticket money otherwise wouldnt be back. Do one Pat and take Petrie with you.

LancsHibs
Honestly???? If that's the case he's even more of a clown than I've given him credit for

Boyle89
He's right though. Only really one thing wrong. Can anybody guess what that is...

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Disgrace, embarrassment .... the words just dont exist to sum that up!!!!

Somebody perfectly pointed out .. whats the point of spending 200k on a striker then limping the ball up the park to him?

Fenlon loves a midfielder ... then gets the team to spend the whole game missing them out FFS.

I love Lewis Stevenson's attitude ... but he makes nothing happen and stops any forward momentum when he has the ball. He cant figure in the first team again ... sentiment has to be replaced by bloody realism now.

Fenlon ....... No width, no tactics, no idea how to play attacking football through the midfield .... no bloody idea. To allow that game to deteriorate onto a hoofball match which is just what Hearts wanted, was a disgrace for an experienced manager with an experienced team on the park. I wont even mention stuff like fighting spirit because we should never have let that be a factor in this match.

We should have been tactically aware enough and good enough to win that game at a canter. Hearts were bloody clueless up front and we still let them score. This wasnt even a case of total Hibs domination and them scoring on the break ... we were total rubbish and deserved nothing ... which is what we got !!!

Please go NOW Pat.

As for Petrie and Farmer ..... Due to yet another penny pinching managerial appointment we have had the 3 worst results in this clubs history. This IMO is a worse result than 0 7 to malmo. I dont care what it costs, we must stump up for a manager like Butcher or McLeish ... anybody who can get the team playing football. If they go for the cheap option again they can GTF right now !!!

See you next weekend with the other 4 / 5 thousand fans who can be arsed to watch this utter drivel !!!

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 01:41 PM
the only people who would possibly vote fenlon to stay would be hearts fans , they love him

green day
11-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Clearly he is living in cloud cuckoo land.........or isnt going to resign.

He is destroying our club with these 'tactics' and regardless of the cost needs sacked - not mutual consent, sacked as a statement that today, Malmo, most of last season except LG, that cup final are all totally unacceptable.

Lots of threads about 'who to get in' - I dinnae care, I would happily have James McDonough the youth team coach in right now - at least he has a history of winning games, is hibs through and through, and will be as scunnered as us.

Cant believe that after going an entire season unbeaten, I need to go to work to face these ***** again tomorrow.

Fenlon = Loser

PJ IronHIbee
11-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Post Malmo debacle in the boozer I had a heated discussion with a few fellow Hibees about how concerned and embarrassed I was with the love if my life (Hibernian FC) and that in my opinion the club was rotten to the core. I predicted (due to having a knowledge of the game and having played at a reasonable level) that we are so bad and lacking of any team sprit (FIGHT) that both Motherwell and the Tynie Bairns would do us over. It was suggested I shut my mouth and to meet up again when we play the Arabs.
IT PAINS ME TO SAY THAT I WAS RIGHT WITH MY PREDICTIONS but for ferk sake a Blind man could see our frailties!
CHANGES HAVE TO BE MADE AND SOON
PS I Won't be available to continue our heated discussion. I will be spending time with my girls enjoying swimming, soft play and going to the park.
GGTTH

spike220
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
There's no point in him hanging around until September. I don't know how much cash hibs have for transfers but a new manager must get some time with the transfer window still open to sort out the problems we have. I am not saying he should hang on till September, I am saying I think that is what will happen.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Not a lot wrong?

HE HAS TO GO !!!!!

The Voice Of Reason
11-08-2013, 01:46 PM
the only people who would possibly vote fenlon to stay would be hearts fans , they love him

Spot on.

Allant1981
11-08-2013, 01:48 PM
Ive been a big supporter of pat but that was god awful again, dunno if he will get sacked bit surely he will know its time to go

neil7908
11-08-2013, 01:55 PM
There's not a lot that someone in his position can say but that frankly is embarrassing, totally out of his depth.

I'm not expecting to see Hibs play like Barcelona. What is essential is that we have a team on the pitch that looks like it knows how to win games and score goals. His team doesnt.

I knew Leigh carried us last year but I think we're now seeing how essential he was to our survival. I honestly dont think I've ever seen a team play with as little threat as this current side, even under managers like Miller and Williamson.

Desperate, desperate times at ER.

NOLA
11-08-2013, 01:55 PM
If he's not gone by lunchtime 2morro then that's another 2 empty seats next week, enough is enough.

neil7908
11-08-2013, 01:56 PM
A no brainer really.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 01:57 PM
you should have added Petrie

Aldo
If that's what he thinks then dearie me. Next home game folk will vote with their feet and just not attend.

Ricky Bobby
I fully expect Pat to the decent thing by the end of the week. If not then any personal goodwill towards the man will have gone.
I think it's a last resort but staying away may be the only way to shift him.

SaulGoodman
I'd say >98%

Gatecrasher
11-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I was willing to see what happened today but I didn't think we would have been THAT bad, your a nice guy paddy but you have to go. Your out your depth.

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 01:58 PM
The current poll shows approx 30% wanting to see Fenlon stay.

Now, two weeks after the Malmo game, I wonder what the % will be now.

Admins - I know there are a lot of similar threads, but it would be good not to merge with the other poll.

Your username is hilarious btw. :faf:

We've only gotten increasingly worse since 2011!

Ricky Bobby
11-08-2013, 01:59 PM
Beg to differ Pat.
There is lot wrong when you fail to dominate a youth team.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 01:59 PM

Believe it or not there are a few clowns on here who think he'll turn things around and believe he is a good manager.

The board will have a peek and see some are behind him and will settle for that.

Removing Petrie would go a long way in knocking this club back into shape.

YehButNoBut
11-08-2013, 02:03 PM
From Pat's interview, if he believes this tosh we're in bigger trouble than I thought. :rolleyes:

"There's always been very little between the teams and we were on the ascendancy when we conceded the goal.

"It's disappointing, we just need to keep working hard. We're not getting the breaks we need. It's not about how I feel but how others feel. The fans have gone away disappointed because you feel responsible for that. The board have backed me to the hilt and have been first-class.

"I meet the chairman every week; we're not a million miles away and have lost both league games 1-0. I don't think there's a lot wrong. The fans will stay with us: it's their football club.

"We'll try to get it right."

Waxy
11-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Yep he's right though.
There's just a couple of things wrong.
Which are.
We will be lucky to reach double figures in goals this year and......we are mince.
Apart from that everythings fine.

LALthehibeeGAL
11-08-2013, 02:06 PM
This was the statement on the bbc.co.uk from PF looks like he's no intending to go anywhere soon. I always back the manager and sometimes feel they need time to gel but the games are so lacking in attack I just can't see it improving. PF will not imo do the decent thing and walk and we as a club can't afford to pay him off and pay compensation to another manager who is already working so if he goes we need somene out of contract - which beggers the question "why are they out of contract!"

"There's always been very little between the teams and we were on the ascendancy when we conceded the goal.

"It's disappointing, we just need to keep working hard. We're not getting the breaks we need. It's not about how I feel but how others feel. The fans have gone away disappointed because you feel responsible for that. The board have backed me to the hilt and have been first-class.

"I meet the chairman every week; we're not a million miles away and have lost both league games 1-0. I don't think there's a lot wrong. The fans will stay with us: it's their football club.

"We'll try to get it right.""

The Harp Awakes
11-08-2013, 02:06 PM
The main thing that's wrong is no cutting edge and lack of pace. We're also set up not to lose goals when we should be set up to score goals. Having said that we still had the players to go to Tynecastle and win handsomely. Shocking result under the circumstances and just not good enough.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
One vote for staying so far.

Either a Yam at the wind up or Pat's joined hibs.net.

Baldy
11-08-2013, 02:10 PM
The one vote is mine and it wasn't what I tried to press - stupid phone is as bad as Fenlons tactics

theonlywayisup
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Your username is hilarious btw. :faf:

We've only gotten increasingly worse since 2011!

Problem was that theonlywayisupthenbekickedintheteethafewtimesbefor egoingbackwards was too long a username.

hibee19
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
This might sound stupid but I think that someone better known on the board(more posts) should make the thread.

You may well be right. Any reputable posters willing to step forward?

theonlywayisup
11-08-2013, 02:12 PM
The one vote is mine and it wasn't what I tried to press - stupid phone is as bad as Fenlons tactics

LTYF

Can Baldy's vote be corrected?

OrdHibby

FFS that must be a really sheite phone

LancsHibs

:faf:cheers buddy you have just lightened my mood

silverhibee
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM

That made me laugh, well done. :thumbsup:

matty_f
11-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Believe it or not there are a few clowns on here who think he'll turn things around and believe he is a good manager.

The board will have a peek and see some are behind him and will settle for that.

Removing Petrie would go a long way in knocking this club back into shape.

Calling them clowns for having an opinion is not really on.

That aside, Fenlon should be relieved of his duties at the earliest opportunity. I genuinely can't face a season watching football at that standard. Abysmal stuff.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Go and go now.

Hiber-nation
11-08-2013, 02:18 PM
How untenable does it have to be? Dull, slow, uninspiring, unimaginative, complete and utter abject pish. Worse football than Bertie Auld and Bobby Williamson combined.

Fenlon out now please and Petrie to consider his position.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Calling them clowns for having an opinion is not really on.

That aside, Fenlon should be relieved of his duties at the earliest opportunity. I genuinely can't face a season watching football at that standard. Abysmal stuff.

Sorry, you are right. I should have said CLOWN LOVERS :aok:

loanheadhibby
11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Don't let the door hit yer erkie on the way out. And take Petrie with you.

lord bunberry
11-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I sincerely hope all this is academic, I find it inconceivable that fenlon will still be in charge for the next game

ColintonHibs
11-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Defended him last week but wtff was going on today. They just ran around snapping hearts players. No right or left midfielder still how are we supposed to win a game? Is pat blind? Why wont he just leave!? In this pathetic league a club like hibernian should finish clear 2nd place by 5-10 points. Does nobody have any ambition? We need to stop hiding behind what is going on at hearts and look at the sorry state of our own club. Another "transitional" period on the way aka: we're going to take your hard earned money and give you @#$# all. Petrie must be laughing. Sick of this

Hibs90
Not going back until he is gone. His tactics and substitutions were baffling today,
Might add they have been baffling for a very long time. Needs sacked ASAP.

SkintHibby
Can't remember Hibs fans turning on a manager quite like we've turned on Fenlon.

His position is untenable.

HE MUST GO NOW!

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
I voted for him to stay on the previous poll but I'm struggling to contain my emotions after that today.

I'm not going to actively call for him to go just yet but by the same token, I can't honestly back him either.

I think the best thing for me to do this time would be to abstain.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:23 PM
Defended him last week but wtff was going on today. They just ran around snapping hearts players. No right or left midfielder still how are we supposed to win a game? Is pat blind? Why wont he just leave!? In this pathetic league a club like hibernian should finish clear 2nd place by 5-10 points. Does nobody have any ambition? We need to stop hiding behind what is going on at hearts and look at the sorry state of our own club. Another "transitional" period on the way aka: we're going to take your hard earned money and give you @#$# all. Petrie must be laughing. Sick of this

Not at board level.

Fans do and this is why most don't go. How is going to keep forking out to watch that

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:24 PM
I voted for him to stay on the previous poll but I'm struggling to contain my emotions after that today.

I'm not going to actively call for him to go just yet but by the same token, I can't honestly back him either.

Your a yam or Rod Petrie

which one is it :cb

thats 2 votes to stay WTF its time both of you got phones that work

Sudds_1
Can't remember Hibs fans turning on a manager quite like we've turned on Fenlon.

His position is untenable.

HE MUST GO NOW!

hmm....Calderwood?

Leighonel
We could have a tea party to raise funds to pay out his contract.

YehButNoBut
11-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Fenlon's interview is on this link now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23565318

TheEastTerrace
11-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Here's a summary of the mentality down at Easter Road.

The official club Twitter account blocked me because I dared to criticise the team and the board after the Malmo debacle. I wouldn't say it was anything bordering on offensive or abusive. I simply made my feelings known and I feel valid points about Fenlon and Rod Petrie in particular were made.

So instead of trying to engage with supporters and explain the current malaise, they stick their hands over their ears or their heads in the sand by blocking out fans who dare to question.

Truly angry and embarrassed to be a Hibby right now.

Anyways, not sure this is the right thread but FENLON MUST GO

Thecat23
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Your horrible, defensive, narrow minded football is what's wrong so please leave.

greenpaper55
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
This goes deeper than just the manager, we lost two cup finals and both times went back to ER and had a party !, this is fact. I think that as long as we don't cost sir Tom loads of dosh then things are seen as ok and those at the top see how other teams are struggling financially compared to us then we must be a success, football doesn't enter into it!.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 02:29 PM

What a trumpet :greengrin

If it's any consolation, there are now two votes so somebody else isn't good with their phone either :wink:

Ryan91
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
I've been willing to stand by Fenlon for a while now, but after today my position on this matter has changed. He did what he was brought into do in the first place, but only just. Last year started off so well but yet again second half of the season we just came apart.

We should have been getting in about them today and it never came, apart from a brief spell during the second half, far too often our players looked to pass backwards rather than forwards, no movement, no hunger.

Thanks you for all your work Pat, but I'm afraid your tenure has come to an end.

Mr. Petrie, you have done well in making sure this club remains on a strong financial footing, but I think that the time has come for you to quietly step down as Chairman and pass the reins on to someone who has a genuine love for this club and who understands football as well as an understanding of financial control.

theonlywayisup
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM
What a trumpet :greengrin

If it's any consolation, there are now two votes so somebody else isn't good with their phone either :wink:

The other is down-the-slope

essexhibee
11-08-2013, 02:33 PM
I've tried supporting him but not after today. Losing 9-0 till Malmo was just about the end but after today he has to go. If he has any self respect he will resign now.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2013, 02:34 PM
Absolutely brilliant then, I can't wait til the next one, more of the same please. I can't be ersed any more if this is what the future is. There are some decent players there but it feels like someones thrown a chess set up in the air and told them to play whatever position they land in. We are missing a leader on the pitch and have absolutely no pace.

essexhibee
11-08-2013, 02:34 PM
If I had a season ticket I wouldn't be returning till he was gone. He has made us a laughing stock once again.

Makaveli
11-08-2013, 02:35 PM
I sincerely hope all this is academic, I find it inconceivable that fenlon will still be in charge for the next game

This is where I am. If it comes to next week and he's still in charge... can't even think about it.

His position is now truly untenable.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 02:36 PM
I think i'm starting to hate Leigh Griffiths for keeping Fenlon in a job this long.

matty_f
11-08-2013, 02:37 PM
Sorry, you are right. I should have said CLOWN LOVERS :aok:

Classy. Surely you can debate points and respect opinions without resorting to that kind of garbage?

JOD
:pfgwaAs much as I am sick as a parrot after that to-day and also our other results this season to date I still feel we should stick with Pat. It is now his team and we have shown the door to too many managers with panic measures that have not helped our situation in the long or even medium term. Lets see if he can mould a team out of his lot by xmas if not then he should walk but lets give a manager a chance before throwing another one out the door for a short term fix.

Sir David Gray
Your a yam or Rod Petrie

which one is it :cb

thats 2 votes to stay WTF its time both of you got phones that work

Aye I'm a Hearts fan.

Well done, you've blown my cover. :rolleyes:

Greenblood70
I've had enough, sending my season ticket back to the club. Have no appetite to set foot in ER for a long time.

PeterboroHibee
11-08-2013, 02:39 PM
Very strange comments, especially the bit about there being almost nothing wrong with the two league performances.

green day
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
:pfgwaAs much as I am sick as a parrot after that to-day and also our other results this season to date I still feel we should stick with Pat. It is now his team and we have shown the door to too many managers with panic measures that have not helped our situation in the long or even medium term. Lets see if he can mould a team out of his lot by xmas if not then he should walk but lets give a manager a chance before throwing another one out the door for a short term fix.

You are kidding, right?

hibee19
11-08-2013, 02:43 PM

Arse. I suspect you were one of the posters on here talking about a 'feel good factor' right after we'd been gubbed in the cup final by Celtic.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Classy. Surely you can debate points and respect opinions without resorting to that kind of garbage?

Surely you're not defending the clown, because my friend, thats what he is. He has 400,000 plebs pissing themselves laughing at HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB because he is a jester/clown/comedian to everyone outside of HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Aye I'm a Hearts fan.

Well done, you've blown my cover. :rolleyes:

thought so :tee hee:

Billy McKirdy
11-08-2013, 02:46 PM
He should go...but he wont!, he's made that abundantly clear in his interview after the match, and Petrie wont sack him either so it looks like we're stuck with him in the meantime.
We were actually looking the more likely to score in this eye-bleeding encounter when they scored their winner, you could actually see the confidence drain out of the team when they took the lead.
Fenlon is a nice guy, talks the talk, but consistently fails to motivate a squad which is full of promise, that's why he should go and go now.
Like most of us, I thought we were favourites to get the result before kick off, but a team lacking in width and creativity, a team which resorts to the long ball, a team which defends woefully with alarming regularity, a team which couldn't find the back of the net if we were playing without a final whistle, this is Fenlons responsibilty and it's time he realised that.
Pack your bags Pat and pack them now.
This is just not good enough and never will be :confused:

SteveHFC
11-08-2013, 02:46 PM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Spongebob-and-Patrick-Laughing.gif

matty_f
11-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Surely you're not defending the clown, because my friend, thats what he is. He has 400,000 plebs pissing themselves laughing at HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB because he is a jester/clown/comedian to everyone outside of HIBERNIAN FOOTBALL CLUB.

If you read my post I'm defending the right of your fellow Hibs fans to have an opinion without getting childish abuse levelled at them from you.

j'adore hibs
Times up I'm afraid :nanawave::nanawave::nanawave:

hibeedonald
I would sort of agree with that if it was a normal hearts side and accept we just got unlucky on the day but it's worst hearts side in god knows how many years and we barely created anything.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 02:49 PM
Won't be back until Fenlon goes and will email the club to tell them that. My ST will go unused until then.

Will go an watch the EOS side for a few weeks.

His after match comments are absolutely astounding.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 02:52 PM
He's almost begging to be sacked imo.

Only explanation for his comments.

MrSmith
11-08-2013, 02:52 PM

That is how I feel too! I really could not believe the rubbish on display in that game today!! Couldn't pass, header, find one of our own out of defense nor even defend or attack for that matter! Hopeless!

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 02:55 PM
If you read my post I'm defending the right of your fellow Hibs fans to have an opinion without getting childish abuse levelled at them from you.

yes and i apologised for calling them clowns or have you missed that bit. I take it your one of the Fenlon should get more time brigade :rolleyes:

YehButNoBut
11-08-2013, 02:56 PM
When the opposition fans are pleading for our manager to stay, you know it's time for him to go.

Bye Pat you'll not be missed. :bye:

sleeping giant
11-08-2013, 02:56 PM

I don't imagine he is a rich man so there is no way he will resign.
He'll need the pay off.

weonlywon6-2
11-08-2013, 02:59 PM

I, along with many others will disagree with you.This is the worst Hibs team I have seen in well over 30 years,its that bad.To lose today to the worst Hearts team in decades is a disgrace.There is no fight at all.We should have walked todays game and on what I saw they will struggle because they were awful and didn't really deserve the win against an awful Hibs team.

Our relegation teams of the past would have done better today.

Fenlons time is up,hes made us a laughing stock,again

CyberSauzee
11-08-2013, 03:01 PM
It's the Fenlon Countdown...do do do do.. do do do... ...

I tried to get Sergey to sing vocals to count the 'do dos' on the Northern line but after a bottle or two in Adam Ant's favorite boozer we couldn't work out the opening stanza.

So, two questions, will Fenlon walk tomorrow or be pushed, and how many 'Do dos' before Europe (Sergey says Hibs don't do Europe) break into normal words?

DAVE1875
11-08-2013, 03:02 PM
If the countdown didn't reach 0 after 5-1 it should've reached it by 3-0 never mind 9-0

The Voice Of Reason
11-08-2013, 03:03 PM
I voted for him to stay.

I also voted for Calderwood to stay.

I also thought we should have kept Edwin De Graaf - there is a player in there somewhere.

:ostrich::ostrich::ostrich:

I'm kidding obviously - go and go NOW please Patrick.

CyberSauzee
11-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Well said Dave1875, join us for a pint in Barnet.

GreenCastle
11-08-2013, 03:06 PM
Has to go - the manner which we lose and lack of ideas is frightening. There isn't a bad squad there but we aren't going to see the best out of them unless we have someone who knows how to play them.

I want to keep a manager and have stability within the club but the wrong manager for too long can do so much damage to morale and confidence and general feel to the club.

The problem is like many managers over the last few years we have chosen the wrong person. How long can this go on?

Someone with no football knowledge is choosing someone at the club who should have the most football knowledge. This is where I find it hard for RP to maintain his job.

You don't want to be relegated this season with Newco possibly being in the division below next season!

matty_f
11-08-2013, 03:07 PM
yes and i apologised for calling them clowns or have you missed that bit. I take it your one of the Fenlon should get more time brigade :rolleyes:

I never missed it, you apologised then went straight into calling them "CLOWN LOVERS".

Perhaps you missed my first post on this thread where I said Fenlon should be sacked or resign. I also voted to that effect as well.

You're not doing too well here, are you?

hibee19
11-08-2013, 03:09 PM
I feel a properly sustained organised protest, with banners and supporters outside the ground would be a start.

Boycotts will not help the finances, but it is the last option for some. It does seem to be the only thing that Petrie notices, results don't seem to bother him.

Apathy will drive crowds down, the folk in control at the top are driving this club into the ground. :boo hoo:

We need an organised protest IMO. As long as the fans can see that no-one is doing anything to change this ***** crowds will fall. Positive action is needed and the fans are the only people who can lead that.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 03:10 PM
I never missed it, you apologised then went straight into calling them "CLOWN LOVERS".

Perhaps you missed my first post on this thread where I said Fenlon should be sacked or resign. I also voted to that effect as well.

You're not doing too well here, are you?

I love Hibs, i'm a Hibs Lover, :aok:

Folk love clowns they're clown lovers :aok:

Nothing mean by it

Captain Trips
11-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Almost 2yrs in and we are still in a position of rather bland football that isnt to inspring with the odd good player in the team, almost exactly the same setup as CC. The team has failed to progress by much if any in the time and frankly its a disgrace.

He couldnt lift the team when he arrived and I was sick of this it was CCs fault, PF did nothing more than keep playing garbage from day 1 yes give him time but before the 5-1 embarresment it was becoming clear he lacked ideas.

This appointment for me is a total disaster and although PF has more desire and passion than CC he isnt really any better a manager. Some people other than PF also need to clear out in the morning. The club has remained more on a par with CCs last day than anything of vast improvement chuck in the football we have watched and 2/3 key negative results then we really do have a disaster.

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Yes was a no brainer this time.

1 - 5 to the Yams

9 - 0 to Malmo

1 - 0 to the Yams youth team

Lets not forget a bog standard unacceptable result away to QoTS within weeks of the 1 - 5 game .. decent though QoTS they may be and an utterly shocking first half against Falkirk, papered over by a miracle come back, which was the result of him going against everything he has shown up to now that he believes in by going into all out attack mode.

What manager in the world could survive such a series of results? Even if he been in the job for 5 years and had won a couple of league cups and managed a second in the league his job would be in danger. One of the above results would be a stain on his CV. Two of them would have the fans in, whats this guy doing? mode. The 3 top results together = Cheerio Pat.

Deek01
11-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Just watched PF's post match interview, is he drunk? No idea what game he was watching !!

Hibs07p
11-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Pat ****** OFF now.

GGTTH

Captain Trips
Yes was a no brainer this time.

1 - 5 to the Yams

9 - 0 to Malmo

1 - 0 to the Yams youth team

What manager in the world could survive such a series of results? Even if he been in the job for 5 years and had won a couple of league cups and managed a second in the league his job would be in danger. One of the above results would be a stain on his CV. Two of them would have the fans in, whats this guy doing? mode. The 3 together = Cheerio Pat.

I think they could survive it if they had some great results also in locker Bovril, the facts are his locker is empty the odd good game far outweighed though by negative football and the shockers you mention above, it leaves him knowhere to go except out.

Paisley Hibby
Did the two people who voted for him to stay press the wrong button? :confused:

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 03:25 PM

An easy way to root out the undercover yams imo.

Only Hearts fans can want Fenlon to stay.

Hibby 2005
11-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Just watched PF's post match interview, is he drunk? No idea what game he was watching !!

He often sounds incomprehensible

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2013, 03:28 PM
I think they could survive it if they had some great results also in locker Bovril, the facts are his locker is empty the odd good game far outweighed though by negative football and the shockers you mention above, it leaves him knowhere to go except out.

Agreed ... I had already edited my post to reflect that before I read yours

GreenCastle
11-08-2013, 03:35 PM
In his post match interviews he talks the same nonsense as he actually can't see what he's done wrong or how to fix it.

It's obvious his tactics and way he manages he's lost the dressing room.

Galahibby
11-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Not one who likes to see anyone losing their job, but surely his time has to be up now? My worries would be who a) could we afford, and b) would want to touch us with a bargepole :dunno:

hunter1875
11-08-2013, 03:37 PM
he has to go 100 percent

Green Reaper
11-08-2013, 03:40 PM
he has to go 100 percent

Adios pat

Beefster
11-08-2013, 03:41 PM

One of them did.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 03:43 PM
In his post match interviews he talks the same nonsense as he actually can't see what he's done wrong or how to fix it.

It's obvious his tactics and way he manages he's lost the dressing room.

It reminds me a lot of Mixu who used to ramble some nonsense post match and persisted with the same formation but different players when it obviously wasn't working.

Maybe it's an ego thing I don't know but i'm stillstunned by his post match comments. We lost to Hearts under 14s and tried ro justify it as unlucky. His football is turgid, uninspiring pish and he either can't or won't see it or he believes it's ok.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 03:44 PM
He doesn't give a toss about this club.

Nothing wrong with the last two performances WTF :fuming:

What about the previous three to them :fuming:

FromTheCapital
11-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Decent enough guy but he is tactically clueless & needs to go. Fenlon out for me. :agree:

Hibs07p
11-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Pats interview

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/23657422

Zazu62
11-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Fenlon out.

SkintHibby
11-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Pat Fenlon does not care about Hibs.

sidneyhibbie
11-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Pats interview

We are in a worse state now than what we were in before he started its always the same he is dissapointed he apologises he is a nice enough fella but its over time to go Paddy.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Pats interview

Seriously Pat, just **** off.

Take the reaction of the fans post game today as a critique of your tenure and go.

Del Boy
11-08-2013, 04:17 PM
He must go and I'm sure he will. Sacked tomorrow for sure.

JimBHibees
11-08-2013, 04:23 PM

Agree. Working his ticket out.

God Petrie
11-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Why is he still in a job? **** off pat - let us move on

Jack Hackett
11-08-2013, 04:35 PM
he has to go 100 percent

98.56% actually at the time of posting (I'd normally put the wee greengrin after something like that, but not today). I've held off having a go, but I'm now one of the vast majority....and anyone suggesting that it's not representative of the majority of the Hibs fans needs to realize that a percentage like that speaks for itself.

HibbyAndy
11-08-2013, 04:39 PM
Clueless.

Out his depth.

Easter rd will have less than 8K next week if this idiot is in charge.

The man doesnt have a scooby. And the football he has us playing is eye bleedingly *****.

Get this imposter to ****!!

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2013, 04:39 PM
I've been amongst those wanting to give Pat every chance after the Malmo debacle, but we're now at the stage where we don't even look like scoring a goal. I said let's see where we are half a dozen or so games into the league fixtures, but I can't deny I'm totally despondent and seriously concerned Pat doesn't know how to turn this around. There's no belief in our play. I think it's the end of line for the manager.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2013, 04:48 PM
i would like to retract my stay vote!!!

we are going backward now!!!
I also had to change my vote to this time, mainly due to the fact that we don't even look like scoring a goal right now. I can't support him just through pigheaded pride. I wish it could have been different, but it would now be the right time to cut our losses.

sidneyhibbie
11-08-2013, 04:53 PM
4 Stay votes now that is a surprise to see.

ginger_rice
11-08-2013, 04:54 PM

I reckon it's the Samsung Galaxy Fenlon!

weonlywon6-2

In the weeks ahead hearts are going to get turned over very heavily and with the team we had out today we should have strolled it.

The fact we cant compete against an awful team is sad.

Danielyma6
He's had his 3 lives , time for Petrie to gim him the boot and maybe time for STF to give Petrie the boot ?

JCHibby
11-08-2013, 04:55 PM

That's the most concerning thing, that performance was a disgrace on every level!

Sudds_1
Seriously Pat, just **** off.

Take the reaction of the fans post game today as a critique of your tenure and go.

"...says his side were unlucky, with not much between the two teams"

THERE EFFING WELL SHOULD BE FOR CHRISTS SAKE!!!!! they are in administration playing wee laddies with no depth of squad. We should be MILES ahead of them.

JUST GO............ GO NOW. You understand nothing about this club or its supporters. Or indeed how to set up a team.

Cabbage East
Go please.

ScottB
11-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Should have been sacked after the Cup Final.

Should have been sacked after the Semi Final.

Should have been sacked after Malmo.

Should be sacked today.

He's not good enough, and never has been good enough. He's had an incredible amount of goodwill because we believed someone needed time to fix the club. Someone does, but that sure isn't him.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-08-2013, 04:57 PM

I disagree with this and actually feel quite sorry for Pat. I think he is committed to Hibs and has put everything in to the job (that should come for free of course but wasn't the case with our last manager). I also think he comes across as a pretty decent guy so if he does go, I'd wish him all the best.

That being said, we're absolutely rank at the moment and I think it's time for a change. The football is boring and we never look like scoring, or even trying to. I always have a fear in the back of my mind that another pumping could happen at any time.

Andy74
11-08-2013, 04:58 PM

No need for this sort of crap. He's a decent man who has done his best and has changed a great deal at this club for the better. He isn't currently showing that we can move on from here but the abuse is not necessary.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 04:59 PM
I disagree with this and actually feel quite sorry for Pat. I think he is committed to Hibs and has put everything in to the job (that should come for free of course but wasn't the case with our last manager). I also think he comes across as a pretty decent guy so if he does go, I'd wish him all the best.

That being said, we're absolutely rank at the moment and I think it's time for a change. The football is boring and we never look like scoring, or even trying to. I always have a fear in the back of my mind that another pumping could happen at any time.

Sorry but this is just rubbish. If he was committed to Hibs he wouldn't play Stevenson :devil:

HibbyAndy
11-08-2013, 05:00 PM
No need for this sort of crap. He's a decent man who has done his best and has changed a great deal at this club for the better. He isn't currently showing that we can move on from here but the abuse is not necessary.
Yep and his best isnt good enough.
sack him.And sack him in the morning!.

hibsbollah
11-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I like Pat. I always have. He's a good man.
But this needs to end now. If you want him to stay youre ignoring the evidence of your own eyes.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 05:02 PM

If he is decent he will walk but i have my reservations. A decent man wouldn't be looking for a pay-off

Steve20
11-08-2013, 05:03 PM
I keep hearing "Pat is a good man".

If he was that good a man then he would show the club some respect and quit.

lord bunberry
11-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Maybe he can't afford to just quit. The decision should be taken out of his hands in the morning at the latest.

Boyle89
11-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Has he gone yet? Can't take much more of this. If he's still here next week then I don't know how I will cope. Hope that he's shown the door tonight or tomorrow. If not the hopefully a low crowd next week will make RP act.

davieh
11-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Genuine question - how is it that football managers who clearly fail to deliver are entitled to compensation for their contract? In any other walk of life, if your performance is consistently inadequate, you can't complain if you get the boot...

Nice guy, maybe - but Pat's performance has been woeful

Sudds_1
11-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Does Fenlon REALLY understand what saying that means???? Not much between the teams!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't he see that using that as a justification of sorts for his teams performance ignores the positions of both clubs - and why there SHOULD be miles between them. That's not a justification of Hibs performance..........quite the reverse.

If he doesn't get that..............he needs to get out.. In fact, GTF anyway. I'd had it with him.

Studes01
11-08-2013, 05:18 PM
I was very much for giving him time but after today he has to go. There are no signs any corners are being turned.

I'm not a season ticket holder due to other commitments but try and go as often as I can and obviously watch the games on T.V.

There are other managers that would get a hell of a lot more out of our current squad than what Pat is at the moment. Man for man with all the other squads to compare against we should easily be top 6!

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I don't know if Pats the nicest man on the planet, what i do know is his style of football should never be accepted at Easter Road.

We all go on about Hibs teams playing the Hibs way, and to be honest thats a pile of pish. I can count on 2 hands the amount of seasons i have seen Hibs play the Hibs way, but while we have had teams maybe try and play attractive football and fail, we should never accept this kind of formation tactics and style from ANY MANAGER.

We have shown that with the slightest bit of expectations the crowds will turn out, having that expectation repeatedly battered out of you should should result in instant dismissal for Fenlon, nice person or not.

loanheadhibby
11-08-2013, 05:22 PM

Not resigning does not make him a bad person. He'll have a mortgage to pay and family to support like the rest of us. Would you resign if you were in his position?

cloudy
11-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Can't understand why people are defending him " no need for the personal abuse" are you having a laugh, we're hurting again and he doesn't think ther is anything wrong every interview I here from him gets me wound up.... we have good players that can't or won't play under his negative tactics... he's done nothing for my club if he has any respect for the club/fans he'll walk away

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 05:25 PM
Not resigning does not make him a bad person. He'll have a mortgage to pay and family to support like the rest of us. Would you resign if you were in his position?

But he lied to us all. He told us he was a football manager. Aye right then Pat :fenlon

The Green Goblin
11-08-2013, 05:27 PM
The Hearts cup final & Malmo game were bad but for me losing this game to Hearts kid's team is the worst of them all. Don't think I've ever felt so bad supporting Hibs, there's no comeback from this Pat if you have any decency you'll be away by tonight.

Fenlon must know the gigs up. But that "no problem if someone else comes in" comment is starting to look like "if you want rid of me, you'll have to pay me off".

Baldy Foghorn
11-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Does Fenlon REALLY understand what saying that means???? Not much between the teams!!!!!!!!!! Doesn't he see that using that as a justification of sorts for his teams performance ignores the positions of both clubs - and why there SHOULD be miles between them. That's not a justification of Hibs performance..........quite the reverse.

If he doesn't get that..............he needs to get out.. In fact, GTF anyway. I'd had it with him.

Sad indictment.....Really is out of his depth.....

Green Fish
11-08-2013, 05:31 PM
I like Pat. I always have. He's a good man.
But this needs to end now. If you want him to stay youre ignoring the evidence of your own eyes.

Absolutely spot on. He has always been dignified and should continue to be so and walk away. I would thank him for his effort and move on.

Leithenhibby
11-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Where do the board stand in all this mess?

How many people have they employed as "manager" over the last 10/15 years. Once PF has a full squad and the treatment room is as good as empty, then I shall make a decision on this.

So for me, he has until Christmas............. :agree:

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 05:34 PM
We're not even on par with them, we're worse. Hearts at least produced a moment of quality in the game. We showed none of it.

We should be far better than them, yet we find ourselves being slightly worse. There's no justification for this at all.

The Green Goblin
11-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Must admit I'm wondering (and have done previously) if the yam on the thread is you. There's few people stirring it up more than you, some of your posts are ott/not quite right and you almost seem to be enjoying yourself. Then there's your post on another thread about wishing Fenlon would "DIE". Hibs class? Not really. See? Anyone can make accusations, but Falkirkhibee is a very longstanding poster on the board. Calling him a yam is out of order (imho).

Leithenhibby
11-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Fenlon must know the gigs up. But that "no problem if someone else comes in" comment is starting to look like "if you want rid of me, you'll have to pay me off".

And he'd be right.

The Board couldn't pick their nose, never mind a new manager.......

YehButNoBut
11-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Fenlon's comments on the BBC site make me think he's taking the pi ss.

Especially these 2

1. about todays game - "There's always been very little between the teams and we were in the ascendancy when we conceded the goal."

Conveniently forgetting there should have been a wide chasm between the 2 sides, this was basically a Hearts under-21 side (who lost their most experienced player after 13 mins) against our first team, that we lost to them is unacceptable and just another humiliating embarrassment for the fans.

2. about Europe - "We've lost two games 1-0 in the league and Europe was really disappointing," he added.

Europe really disappointing, what an understatement, it was hugely embarrassing and the worst result ever by a Scottish team in Europe, we should never be losing like that at home.

There has just been too many embarrassments under Pat for him to survive and if he does somehow survive till next Saturday we should make him aware of that, just go now Pat for your own sake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23659207

Hibs boss Pat Fenlon defiant despite Edinburgh derby defeat

Beefster
11-08-2013, 05:44 PM

How many people have they employed as "manager" over the last 10/15 years. Once PF has a full squad and the treatment room is as good as empty, then I shall make a decision on this.

Jesus H...

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Jesus.

I'd give him till easter.

Coco Bryce
11-08-2013, 05:46 PM

Nurse!

Hibs07p
11-08-2013, 05:49 PM
I'd give him till easter.

:faf:

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 05:49 PM
9 people need help.

Leithenhibby
11-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Jesus H...

I'd give him till easter. :greengrin

Nurse!

I think I need the nurse first, just not sure what the answer is! Seriously, if we get shot of him now I think it will set us way back.........

Emerald
11-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Fenlon's comments on the BBC site make me think he's taking the pi ss.

Especially these 2

1. about todays game - "There's always been very little between the teams and we were in the ascendancy when we conceded the goal."

Conveniently forgetting there should have been a wide chasm between the 2 sides, this was basically a Hearts under-21 side (who lost their most experienced player after 13 mins) against our first team, that we lost to them is unacceptable and just another humiliating embarrassment for the fans.

2. about Europe - "We've lost two games 1-0 in the league and Europe was really disappointing," he added.

Europe really disappointing, what an understatement, it was hugely embarrassing and the worst result ever by a Scottish team in Europe, we should never be losing like that at home.

There has just been too many embarrassments under Pat for him to survive and if he does somehow survive till next Saturday we should make him aware of that, just go now Pat for your own sake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23659207

Hibs boss Pat Fenlon defiant despite Edinburgh derby defeat

He's just digging a hole now and seems clueless how to get us or him out of it. I really think he is working his ticket and waiting for the big pay off. I think that is shamefull but its what they all do these days, take the clubs and fans to the cleaners. The board have got to act quick and if they do, we need to find a replacement quick before the window shuts. He is a dead man walking but he won't go without the money. How many season tickets does it cost to pay him off? :bitchy::grr::boo hoo:

Springbank
11-08-2013, 05:51 PM
The most timid and humiliated Hibs manager in history.

Tell me Fenlon is gone.

Please

sidneyhibbie
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Does anyone know how long he has left on his contract ?

Glory Lurker
11-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Mister! Mister! You dropped this! :fishin:

Purehibee_MYB
11-08-2013, 05:54 PM
I've been one to say he deserves a few more games. If we were playing football and losing that would still be the case, but Pat today in his post match interview seems to completely forget that yes, it was a tight game, but we did not create much or play football, and that for me is good enough reason to now say cheerio. Serious questions have to be answered by the board now as well, because for too long we have been poor, without any real reason for it. You look at our team on paper and we should be top 4 at the very least and yet we are struggling to even get points.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2013, 05:56 PM
The most timid and humiliated Hibs manager in history.

Tell me Fenlon is gone.

Please

I'm not going back until Fenlon is away. Fed up

Leithenhibby
11-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Mister! Mister! You dropped this! :fishin:

Don't think so. I'm as confused and p!ssed off as the next.

I just wish we had an answer.

And if he goes, who do we get in? Now that really worries me.......... The Board has a dreadful record :agree:

The Green Goblin
11-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Does anyone know how long he has left on his contract ?

It ends next June, I think.

Hibs07p
11-08-2013, 06:02 PM
He's just digging a hole now and seems clueless how to get us or him out of it. I really think he is working his ticket and waiting for the big pay off. I think that is shamefull but its what they all do these days, take the clubs and fans to the cleaners. The board have got to act quick and if they do, we need to find a replacement quick before the window shuts. He is a dead man walking but he won't go without the money. How many season tickets does it cost to pay him off? :bitchy::grr::boo hoo:

The question Petrie should be asking, is, how many walk ups will it cost to keep him?

GGTTH

Sudds_1
11-08-2013, 06:02 PM
"The fans will stay with us: it's their football club."

.......and that for me sums it up. He genuinely believes that none of his ineptitude will affect the numbers of Supporters..............

.......what planet is he on? Or does that reflect arrogance/indifference from both him and his paymasters?

ehf
11-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Disgusting performance in a game we should have had total control of, considering the age and inexperienced of the Hearts team, yet our players go out like frightened rabbits and dish up our usual woeful derby performance!

Even despite Hearts lack of a proven striker, our defence looked far from steady when coping with them coming forward, having Lewis Stevenson in the side doesn't help!!

Over all we had very little control of the middle of the park and less possession despite Fenlon persisting in playing five men in there. Our poor ball retention, lack of width & creation left Collins feeding of scraps no wonder we haven't scored or looked like doing so for so long!

Our players are far too slow, make too many backward /sideways passes and are intent on hoofing aimless long balls up the park .. we are a very very poor football team at any level and will be lucky to get out of the bottom 3 or avoid the drop come the end of the season.

There is a clear lack of tactics, fight or belief in this Hibs team and too many soft touches for my liking. There can be no excuses, we're going nowhere under Fenlon and haven't been for most of his tenure, he's a very poor manager and has to go, he's long out stayed his welcome for me.

Just logged in and started reading but can stop now - this sums it up perfectly.

patch1875
11-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Surely it not a massive amount if hes got less than a year. Sooner give up any more signings and get shot.

BarneyHibby
11-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Very very disappointing start(4 tough loses, really bad appearance in todays derby...) , but i hope he is stay... I still believing in Paddy. And i think he deserves one last chances.... If we Won next game, Pat might to stay at the club. If we lost, he will have to go.