PDA

View Full Version : Positives we can take from Today

spike220
11-08-2013, 01:20 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq5jtWMrm4Du4pzf4wi_LadZ5f2SpI5 Duj8L6pOXyQpld6kR86Xw

hibeesjoe
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
No positives. We are gash and getting worse. Can't even turn up against an under 21 team. We will be fighting hearts for relegation. Just glad it's another 11 or 12 games till we meet them again. See ya Pat, hopefully the next manager can install a bit of fight in the team.

hibsbollah
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
None.

Ryan Stevenson looks like he did his cruciate:dunno:

(yes; bad taste, classless etc etc)

ackeygraham
11-08-2013, 01:26 PM
The positive will be if paddy goes. Taking us backwards.

Ell_Chrisso
11-08-2013, 01:27 PM
We did actually defend well today. Thought Hanlon and Nelson dominated. Others worth a note would be Thomson and Robertsons hard working in midfield. But, you don't win football games just by working hard to defend. Our team lacks flair/movement and a willingness to get forward. Fenlon's plans just don't allow us to attack.

fatbloke
11-08-2013, 01:28 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq5jtWMrm4Du4pzf4wi_LadZ5f2SpI5 Duj8L6pOXyQpld6kR86Xw

It wasn't more than 1.

Gatecrasher
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
The only positive will be that there's still a chance to save the season when Fenton goes. I don't expect him to be in charge for our next game.

spike220
11-08-2013, 01:31 PM
funny thing is though, our squad is not too bad, But I think we were set wrong and tactics were all wrong, we are still set up not to lose rather than win, this makes us very predictable.

matty_f
11-08-2013, 01:31 PM
No positives whatsoever.

Brightside
11-08-2013, 01:32 PM
If it means he is gone Im glad we got beat. His football is brutal and he is ruining players.

Franck Stanton
Wrong to say that there were / are no positives that can be taken from today, yes there is one and one only. What is it you ask ? The answer is what a lot of us have suspected for a while now and it is ---- Fenlon hasn't got a clue at this level and needs to go and go now.

Hibercelona
We did actually defend well today. Thought Hanlon and Nelson dominated. Others worth a note would be Thomson and Robertsons hard working in midfield. But, you don't win football games just by working hard to defend. Our team lacks flair/movement and a willingness to get forward. Fenlon's plans just don't allow us to attack.

No Hibs player dominated in that game. Hearts showed one piece of quality in the entire game and sliced our defense apart.

More experienced teams will rip us apart this season. Expect more results around the level of Malmo.

Pretty Boy
Ryan Stevenson with a leg brace on post game and the fact it's another game towards Fenlon going.

Newry Hibs
11-08-2013, 01:46 PM
The result will be wiped out when Hearts go bust

Sylar
11-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Unless the above happens, we can look forward to more away days in Kirkcaldy? :greengrin

Allan45
11-08-2013, 01:48 PM
I watched the game from the start of the second half. Very poor show by all involved with Hibs at the moment. The players did not have any fire in their bellies.
something is seriously wrong with the whole club right now...l:agree:
i feel it's not right for me to express my feelings about the management and board. There will be aplenty of threads about that.
i feel let down by our past 4 performances....

spike220
11-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I watched the game from the start of the second half. Very poor show by all involved with Hibs at the moment. The players did not have any fire in their bellies.
something is seriously wrong with the whole club right now...l:agree:
i feel it's not right for me to express my feelings about the management and board. There will be aplenty of threads about that.
i feel let down by our past 4 performances.... Well count yourself lucky you missed the first half, if you thought that was very poor.

Ell_Chrisso
11-08-2013, 01:52 PM
No Hibs player dominated in that game. Hearts showed one piece of quality in the entire game and sliced our defense apart.

More experienced teams will rip us apart this season. Expect more results around the level of Malmo.

Ok, so for the ninety minutes game of football in which Hearts had 3 long range shots on target, explain to me when Hibs didn't look very comfortable in defence?

Hanlon and Nelson done there jobs excellent today. It's easy to see we aren't doing well and to point out all the cracks. But where credit is due we were solid at the back.

having any sort of unit going forward, or any intelligent movement is another thing tho. But it doesn't suprise me we can't score goals when all we do is punt the ball up top. We had a five or ten minute spell in the second half where we got the ball down and played. Craig had a shot blocked edge of the box and Collins should have scored.

kdhibees1
11-08-2013, 01:54 PM
The pubs are open. That's the only positive thing I can say about Today!

Aldo
11-08-2013, 01:55 PM
It's not raining (yet)

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Ok, so for the ninety minutes game of football in which Hearts had 3 long range shots on target, explain to me when Hibs didn't look very comfortable in defence?

Hanlon and Nelson done there jobs excellent today. It's easy to see we aren't doing well and to point out all the cracks. But where credit is due we were solid at the back.

having any sort of unit going forward, or any intelligent movement is another thing tho. But it doesn't suprise me we can't score goals when all we do is punt the ball up top. We had a five or ten minute spell in the second half where we got the ball down and played. Craig had a shot blocked edge of the box and Collins should have scored.

It had nothing to do with us looking comfortable in defence and everything to do with Hearts being cack up front. They showed one piece of real quality in the entire game and we couldn't deal with it.

We're not good at defending. Despite the delusions of many on here!

BH Hibs
11-08-2013, 01:56 PM
One less game to watch with Fenlon in charge

Ell_Chrisso
11-08-2013, 01:59 PM
It had nothing to do with us looking comfortable in defence and everything to do with Hearts being cack up front. They showed one piece of real quality in the entire game and we couldn't deal with it.

We're not good at defending. Despite the delusions of many on here!

Not exactly rocket science is it...

any part of quality in the SPFL is going to result in a goal. Doesn't mean we didn't defend well for the game.

maybe if Hibs tryed to create some part of the word 'quality' then maybe we would have scored 2-3 goals and wouldn't have to worry about Hearts one big chance.

Alfred E Newman
11-08-2013, 02:02 PM
funny thing is though, our squad is not too bad, But I think we were set wrong and tactics were all wrong, we are still set up not to lose rather than win, this makes us very predictable.

Don't agree about the squad. We may have plenty central defenders and workhorse midfield players but we have no pace in the side, no creative midfield players, we are weak at full back and the two strikers Fenlon has brought in are both similar ie. big lumbering cart horses. And most importantly we have no natural wide players. The board have backed Fenlon with cash and it has been wasted.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-08-2013, 02:03 PM
3 positives from today

1. Stevenson out for a while

2. We only lost 1 goal

3. Our £200.000 star striker managed to keep his boots clean

patch1875
11-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Collins should come good with decent supply. Wether he gets it is another thing.

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 02:06 PM

any part of quality in the SPFL is going to result in a goal. Doesn't mean we didn't defend well for the game.

maybe if Hibs tryed to create some part of the word 'quality' then maybe we would have scored 2-3 goals and wouldn't have to worry about Hearts one big chance.

No team will score at least 2-3 goals in every single game. That's why its vital that teams are capable of keeping clean sheets as well.

Hibs have one of the worse clean sheet records in the game. But it's something we continue to overlook and people wonder why we're always mediocre, even when we are capable of scoring goals!

The Harp
11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Can't honestly think of any positives to be derived from that debacle at all. Would need a mindset of 'the glass is broken but there's still a trace of liquid there' type to do that IMO.
If the Yams do survive this season in the top flight then it's us that set them on the road. Pitiful!

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
The Hibs defence had probably their easiest 90 minutes for about a year, because they were up against a team with no idea how to attack, apart from one moment of quality.

The bitter truth is that we had no idea how to impose ourselves on the game with the ( on paper ) better players we have. We had a wee spell in the 2nd half just before they scored and that was it.

The only positive, as has already been said, is that there can now be no doubt that Pat Fenlon hasnt got a clue how to win football matches and even less idea of how to play attacking football. We should have been able to overrun that Yams team in midfield, but just didnt press forward enough, or play with enough quality or skill .... in fact with any quality or skill.

We had a midfield which included a guy who was a mainstay of a decent ITC team, a guy who was one of St Johnstone's best players last year and a guy who was a member of a team which got to the UEFA cup final and a guy who was a quality player before an injury hit spell down south. But they couldnt out play a bunch of kids.

The manager has to carry the can.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
We got beat by the best youngsters in Europe?
Why didn't we play our youth team who thrash them regularly?

HibbyDave
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM
The result will be wiped out when Hearts go bust

This.

Ell_Chrisso
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM
The Hibs defence had probably their easiest 90 minutes for about a year, because they were up against a team with no idea how to attack, apart from one moment of quality.

The bitter truth is that we had no idea how to impose ourselves on the game with the ( on paper ) better players we have. We had a wee spell in the 2nd half just before they scored and that was it.

The only positive, as has already been said, is that there can now be no doubt that Pat Fenlon hasnt got a clue how to win football matches and even less idea of how to play attacking football. We should have been able to overrun that Yams team in midfield, but just didnt press forward enough, or play with enough quality or skill .... in fact with any quality or skill.

We had a midfield which included a guy who was a mainstay of a decent ITC team, a guy who was one of St Johnstone's best players last year and a guy who was a member of a team which got to the UEFA cup final and a guy who was a quality player before an injury hit spell down south. But they couldnt out play a bunch of kids.

The manager has to carry the can.

:top marks

erskine-hibby
11-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Fenlon is positively not the man to take us forward.

Fife-Hibee
11-08-2013, 02:16 PM

We're rank rotten from front to back mate !!

neil7908
11-08-2013, 02:20 PM
]We did actually defend well today. Thought Hanlon and Nelson dominated[/B]. Others worth a note would be Thomson and Robertsons hard working in midfield. But, you don't win football games just by working hard to defend. Our team lacks flair/movement and a willingness to get forward. Fenlon's plans just don't allow us to attack.

I know what your saying there and I think its right to an extent but surely Nelson has been brought in to stop us losing goals like we have the last couple of games? Big punt up the middle of the park against Motherwell and losing a header against a young laddie like Paterson - whats the point of a slow 33 year old centre half if were still losing goals like that?

Ell_Chrisso
11-08-2013, 02:24 PM
I know what your saying there and I think its right to an extent but surely Nelson has been brought in to stop us losing goals like we have the last couple of games? Big punt up the middle of the park against Motherwell and losing a header against a young laddie like Paterson - whats the point of a slow 33 year old centre half if were still losing goals like that?

Not being funny, but if we want to analyse the problem we would start from the fact the ball should never have been crossed in the first place.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Hearts are one day closer to liquidation.

F.T.H. :aok:

Sanger
We got beat by the best youngsters in Europe?
Why didn't we play our youth team who thrash them regularly?
Positives - I watched in the house. Fenlon's safety first tactics are painfull to watch. We need to play football on the deck and have a cutting edge. He's got go. Killing our love for football and our club.

MADE IN LEITH
No positives for me, we need leadership both on and off the park.

Love Hibs and it pains me to watch a Team, which in my opinion is decent enough, not able to produce the goods today against a poor Hearts side.

The sooner the J***** are in Division 1, the better.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Not being funny, but if we want to analyse the problem we would start from the fact the ball should never have been crossed in the first place.

Maybe he expected us to do what most defences do, nearest man to the ball at least does something, nae challenge before the cross then sailed over the head of the next one who was out of position and maybe facing the wrong way.

Couldn't we put some of our defensive midfielders in defence?

iwasthere1972
11-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Took homemade sausage rolls with me so didn't have to spend in time or money queuing for food.

The only positive from today.

Fenlon out. Me in.

essexhibee
11-08-2013, 02:31 PM
The only positive is if Fenlon is sacked tomorrow

Aldo
11-08-2013, 02:35 PM
The only positive is if Fenlon is sacked tomorrow

I was hoping he'd be gone by tea time the day!

glenn6270
11-08-2013, 02:48 PM
None whatsoever absolute shocking performance

down-the-slope
11-08-2013, 03:02 PM

I only caught last 20 mins on Radio and did not have to endure it all either in person or on radio / TV

Were still 12 points off bottom :dunno:

Franck Stanton
11-08-2013, 03:13 PM
I only caught last 20 mins on Radio and did not have to endure it all either in person or on radio / TV

Were still 12 points off bottom :dunno: Only until next week, at this moment in time we couldn't beat 11 traffic cones if they were set up 4-4-2

Onion
11-08-2013, 03:32 PM

We gave Hearts £100,000 in gate receipts and 3 points towards their survival in the SPL. And showed why the TV companies can plan for 4 Edinburgh Derby matches this season :cb

DH1875
11-08-2013, 06:33 PM
My my, how the winds have changed. I see a couple of guys on here who have changed their tune from last week.

Jack Hackett
11-08-2013, 06:40 PM

I see what you did there...and you're 100% right