View Full Version : 461 minutes

1two
11-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?

Glory Lurker
11-08-2013, 01:08 PM
IF things go on like this, it is definitely relegation form. The yams could easy get twelve points back just from us. Simply sickened by how terrible that was.

Hibby 2005
11-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?

We'll get relegated if Fenlon stays - over to you Rod.

PatHead
11-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Who was the last player to score for us and against whom?

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Who was the last player to score for us and against whom?

Last competitive goal was David Wotherspoon v Dundee.

matty_f
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Take it to the Cowdenbeath game in pre-season and we're 11-0 down in games played since. Shots might just have crept into double figures now.

DaveF
11-08-2013, 03:16 PM
Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?

Pat Fenlon's roll of honour.

It should be read out to him, followed quickly by the words "You're Fired"

BroxburnHibee
11-08-2013, 04:11 PM
How the hell has he not been sent packing yet?

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2013, 04:13 PM
No goals and barely a clear chance created. It's very worrying.

OrdHibby
11-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Take it to the Cowdenbeath game in pre-season and we're 11-0 down in games played since. Shots might just have crept into double figures now.

what cowdenbeath game :confused:

DaveF
11-08-2013, 06:11 PM
what cowdenbeath game :confused:

Think Matty means Raith.

Kirkcaldy \ Cowdenbeath - Two cheeks of the same erse really :greengrin

Eternal Hibbie
11-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?

Competitive "football".

Is that what you call it ?

Jack Hackett
11-08-2013, 08:07 PM

I feel privileged now to have seen Hibs score 3 in the Gibraltar game. Might be the highlight of the season

yeezus.
11-08-2013, 08:44 PM
It's so depressing given the names we have in our team. I've backed Fenlon for long enough - to lose to one of the weakest Yam teams in 2 decades is the final nail in the coffin.

3pm
11-08-2013, 08:46 PM
'I was there when Hibs scored'.

eastterrace
11-08-2013, 08:50 PM
IF things go on like this, it is definitely relegation form. The yams could easy get twelve points back just from us. Simply sickened by how terrible that was.

we have been in relegation form since we beat celtic at home last december, its been downhill all the way ( only the cup run papered over the cracks) , fortress easter road , what a load o pish we are cannon fodder for teams needing a pick me up.

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 08:51 PM
'I was there when Hibs scored'.

What did it feel like? I'm only 22. :boo hoo:

Paisley Hibby
11-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Of competitive football

Zero goals

Relegation form?

If you include the Raith Rovers game that's seven and a half hours of football without us scoring a goal.

It's even worse than the days when Alex Miller was our manager. At least his teams could defend (usually).

Many of us worked out that Fenlon was a dud months ago. Why can't the board?

Hibeesmad
12-08-2013, 02:11 AM
I have spent over £70 just on tickets since the last time we scored a goal

SanFranHibs
12-08-2013, 04:58 AM
Not a knee jerk reaction. We are just complete garbage. If I recall correctly did it not take us until our last home game of last season to win a league match at ER in 2013?

Who are we going to beat? Of course we will scrape some wins but there won't be many. I have been consistent since the Williamson era in my criticism of how we seem to be a team with out organization. Look at the way Inverness play, the way St Johnstone play, the way Motherwell play. Even St Mirren last year brought in loan players and they played well immediately. Not 'great' squads but organized and look as if they practice together and know what they are trying to do. We just go out and hoof the ball anywhere, can't defend and never control the midfield. And of course, losing Griffiths meant we lost our best player and over 50% of our goals.

I appreciate I rarely get to ER now but I am just completely demoralized and can't see myself even bothering to get online to see how they are doing. Can hardly imagine how the regular turnouts at ER feel.

Fenlon should at least have his players organized. It is not as if we off loaded all our team from last year. Any manager should be able to buy or pick up a 'professional' player and at least get him to do what he does best. I cannot believe that all the players brought in during the past few seasons are duds. We just don't seem able to get the best out of them. Maybe dragging them down to our level.

Only 4 games into the competitive season and 2 into the league. No goals, 11 against and difficult to see where goals and victories will come from.

Seems the only thing we have to look forward to is the possible liquidation of Hearts and frankly I do not think that will happen and am not convinced we will finish above them. Even though they are also bad they have a look of a hungry, backs to the wall team. We give their fans a hard time for having their heads in the sand with regards to their off the field financial mess but I think some of our fans have their heads in the sand regarding our situation, particularly our performances on the field and the ability of PF to turn it around.

We are not making money. and don't seem to be getting the same quality breaking into the first team from the youth teams even though their performances and results are usually positive. We are not even 'enjoying' a spell of being able to sell good young players and are certainly not picking up/buying players who we are selling on for a profit.

We are not delusional and prediciting winning the SPL or the Champions league but the least we should expect is a well organized and comptetitive team taking the park every week and that is the first issue that needs to be addressed. We have an extremely poor product on the field. If we don't address this, which has been the state of affairs for the past few years. Even when we were doing ok at the last of last season it was really because Griffiths was having the best spell of his career thus far. I think everyone accepts that our recent good cup runs just papered over the ever widening cracks.

Maybe I am just too depressed after yesterday but boy....am I depressed!

patlowe
12-08-2013, 09:02 AM
Not a knee jerk reaction. We are just complete garbage. If I recall correctly did it not take us until our last home game of last season to win a league match at ER in 2013?

Who are we going to beat? Of course we will scrape some wins but there won't be many. I have been consistent since the Williamson era in my criticism of how we seem to be a team with out organization. Look at the way Inverness play, the way St Johnstone play, the way Motherwell play. Even St Mirren last year brought in loan players and they played well immediately. Not 'great' squads but organized and look as if they practice together and know what they are trying to do. We just go out and hoof the ball anywhere, can't defend and never control the midfield. And of course, losing Griffiths meant we lost our best player and over 50% of our goals.

I appreciate I rarely get to ER now but I am just completely demoralized and can't see myself even bothering to get online to see how they are doing. Can hardly imagine how the regular turnouts at ER feel.

Fenlon should at least have his players organized. It is not as if we off loaded all our team from last year. Any manager should be able to buy or pick up a 'professional' player and at least get him to do what he does best. I cannot believe that all the players brought in during the past few seasons are duds. We just don't seem able to get the best out of them. Maybe dragging them down to our level.

Only 4 games into the competitive season and 2 into the league. No goals, 11 against and difficult to see where goals and victories will come from.

Seems the only thing we have to look forward to is the possible liquidation of Hearts and frankly I do not think that will happen and am not convinced we will finish above them. Even though they are also bad they have a look of a hungry, backs to the wall team. We give their fans a hard time for having their heads in the sand with regards to their off the field financial mess but I think some of our fans have their heads in the sand regarding our situation, particularly our performances on the field and the ability of PF to turn it around.

We are not making money. and don't seem to be getting the same quality breaking into the first team from the youth teams even though their performances and results are usually positive. We are not even 'enjoying' a spell of being able to sell good young players and are certainly not picking up/buying players who we are selling on for a profit.

We are not delusional and prediciting winning the SPL or the Champions league but the least we should expect is a well organized and comptetitive team taking the park every week and that is the first issue that needs to be addressed. We have an extremely poor product on the field. If we don't address this, which has been the state of affairs for the past few years. Even when we were doing ok at the last of last season it was really because Griffiths was having the best spell of his career thus far. I think everyone accepts that our recent good cup runs just papered over the ever widening cracks.

Maybe I am just too depressed after yesterday but boy....am I depressed!

Yep, 100% agree with this.

I have never been one for having a go at managers but I have to be honest and, for me, there are two significant factors which suggest Fenlon does not have what it takes:

1. We are being continually outplayed and outfought by teams with much lower resources and inferior infrastructures to ourselves. The 'steadying the ship' time has passed - Fenlon has been backed and allowed to spend pretty well to build his own team.

2. He actually thinks the last two performances have been decent. That to me is almost criminal. Yesterday was diabolical and anyone who thinks it was acceptable is not fit to be manager of Hibernian FC!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-08-2013, 09:08 AM
What did it feel like? I'm only 22. :boo hoo:

Love this :greengrin:

StevieC
12-08-2013, 09:53 AM
I have spent over £70 just on tickets since the last time we scored a goal

Pfffft ... I spent that much for a round of drinks in Malmo!!

Pretty Boy
12-08-2013, 09:59 AM
How much were our STs this year? £375?

If so that's 81p per goalless minute, bargain.

Spike Mandela
12-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Many wondered last year how poor a team we would be without a Griffiths type player, now we know.