PDA

View Full Version : dear god, we're crap (players as well)

AgentDaleCooper
11-08-2013, 12:56 PM
:paranoid:

pretty grim stats so far: played 4, scored 0, conceded 11.

this season is going to be long and ****.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Difficult to argue with this.. Today was painful.

How the **** did Leigh Griffiths manage to score 20+ goals playing with this lot? Shows how good a player he is.

George Clooney
11-08-2013, 01:05 PM
This team is worse than the '98 relegation team by a considerable margin.

FitbaFolkKen
11-08-2013, 01:14 PM
On paper we have a decent side, good level of experience. Good mix of youth and older players.

Then we get on the pitch and are just garbage.

down-the-slope
11-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Only heard last 20mins on radio on way home...that sounded like we had several chances to score

Was rest of game as poor as commentators made out? What system was employed? presume Lewis was at LB (would have had Mullen as I said pre match)

Our 'unbeaten in 5' gone which was last shred of respectability :rolleyes:

SkintHibby
11-08-2013, 01:19 PM
On paper we have a decent side, good level of experience. Good mix of youth and older players.

I digress, on paper we look quite rubbishy.

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 01:23 PM
We have been crap the whole time under Fenlon with the exception of about 15 games last season.

I really hope he is gone by tomorrow, if we limp on like this then we are in bother when you remember there is a play off.

Lester B
11-08-2013, 01:29 PM

Totally agree with that. I remember when Tony Mowbray took over as manager he said that win, lose or draw he wanted people to say 'that was a Hibs performance'. That wasn't a Hibs performance today. No tactics evident, bypassing the midfield. It takes a rare kind of manager to take a decent, for this league, group of players and make them look worse than they are in almost every case. Pat has managed that. It's about all he's managed,

CalgaryHibs
11-08-2013, 01:32 PM
:paranoid:

pretty grim stats so far: played 4, scored 0, conceded 11.

this season is going to be long and ****.

Well thisis the tactics used bye the club,spend cheap pay cheap and relegation will happen. Too bad Petrie has no vision.

Devilstorment
11-08-2013, 01:33 PM
In my opinion we played on par with how we played last week. So it is not like we had a nightmare of a game. We are just completely toothless going forward, simple as that. Unless we can find some players that can serve our forward(s) we will be in a relegation dog fight.

Hearts got a lucky goal, in a game that had nil nil written all over it.

iainm1875
11-08-2013, 01:40 PM
Quality of opposition has to be taken into consideration, beat by a Hearts reserve team.

Keith_M
11-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Sorry mate but that's just garbage. We have the players of high enough quality to beat a second-rate Hearts team but we have a clueless manager who doesn't know how to use them.

Can I just remind you that we've played 4 competitive matches this season and scored no goals, while conceding ELEVEN!

Devilstorment
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Sorry mate but that's just garbage. We have the players of high enough quality to beat a second-rate Hearts team but we have a clueless manager who doesn't know how to use them.

Can I just remind you that we've played 4 competitive matches this season and scored no goals, while conceding ELEVEN!

mate control yourself you are letting your emotions over the game get on top of you.

I havent said anything to defend our performance whatsoever, read it again then think about your post. All I am saying is that we are no worse than last week, If i said "We are no worse than last week but last week we were brilliant" then I would understand your reaction.

Devilstorment
11-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Quality of opposition has to be taken into consideration, beat by a Hearts reserve team.

Yeah thats true actually!

PeeJay
11-08-2013, 01:46 PM
In my opinion we played on par with how we played last week. So it is not like we had a nightmare of a game. We are just completely toothless going forward, simple as that. Unless we can find some players that can serve our forward(s) we will be in a relegation dog fight.

Seemed to me that it was actually a well-worked goal, great cross into the danger area in the box, right on to the head of a determined striker, who hit the target ... wasn't at all lucky IMO - I also think we were worse than last week ...

pontius pilate
11-08-2013, 01:47 PM
Think back last season when they had a stronger team with better players than they do now when the had fester In charge with his clueless ideas and no tactical awareness we are at that level now as much as it pains me to say that. But we were ripping them all the time.

neil7908
Your right...but last week was shocking as well.The very best we could have hoped for out of the two league games this season would have been goalless draws. That says it all really.Why should I fork out £22-28 to watch a team that cant and sometimes, doesnt appear to want to score goals or play football.

TheFamous1875
It was no worse than last week, but last week wasn't good enough either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Sorry mate but thats just wrong. That wasnt Motherwell out there, it was a Hearts team who were one injury short of bringing on the kit man.

There is no way in any universe in which any sort of positive can be scraped from the bottom of this barrel.

Just no way!!!

Boyle89
11-08-2013, 01:50 PM
We played ok. Hearts scored with their only chance. Sadly when you take a step back and realise hearts are utter garbage it's just not good enough!!

Ricky Bobby
11-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Probably true that we were no worse than last week, unfortunately we are only going one way with these performances.

Devilstorment
11-08-2013, 01:54 PM
We played ok. Hearts scored with their only chance. Sadly when you take a step back and realise hearts are utter garbage it's just not good enough!!

Spot on!

SquashedFrogg
11-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Am I allowed to mention OTJ?

I guess he was also no worse than last week...

Devilstorment
11-08-2013, 02:05 PM
Am I allowed to mention OTJ?

I guess he was also no worse than last week...

Nope, both matches a complete non entity!

Stevie Reid
11-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Last week wasn't a disaster. Today was.

ColintonHibs
11-08-2013, 02:11 PM
It was absolutely pish. Couldn't string 3 passes together every 2nd touch was a tackle for both teams. Why hasn't fenlon bought a right or left winger? Why has he brought in 377273 centre midfielders? Why are we playing a hearts reject at right back? Why is hanlon and stevenson still in that team?

Wotherspiniesta
11-08-2013, 02:12 PM
A team full of them.

No pace, no class, no trickery.

Just a team full of battling 6 foot plus huddies who produce the most eye bleeding football I've seen in my life.

That performance was an absolute embarassment today. And even if we'd have won 1-0 I'd say the same.

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Hearts have huddies. We have something far worse.

green is good
11-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I thought we were the slightly less pish team in a game between two very pish teams. We had a couple of good chances and should really have been in front before the yams scored. McGowan had a massive slice of luck leading up to the cross. They always seem to get the break of the ball in derbies when it bounces of a shin whatever and could go anywhere.

Hibercelona
11-08-2013, 02:17 PM

It's always "luck" when we concede a goal eh?

Nothing to do with being unable to defend any level of quality. (Which was the only piece of quality Hearts showed in the whole game)

Pretty Boy
11-08-2013, 02:17 PM
If were no worse than last week then that is still ****ing pish.

Heisenberg
11-08-2013, 02:18 PM
A team full of them.

Just a team full of battling 6 foot plus huddies who produce the most eye bleeding football I've seen in my life.

That performance was an absolute embarassment today. And even if we'd have won 1-0 I'd say the same.

Yep. Fenlon has built a team with no creativity. It showed a few times last season when Griffiths wasnt on his best but now he's gone we have nothing. The manager has had the whole pre season to fix this but he hasnt, instead we've bought defensive minded midfielders and a 200k striker who gets no service.

SkintHibby
11-08-2013, 02:18 PM

I sometimes think that this nonsense is spouted collectively from Hibs fans and we accept utter rubbish most of the time.

We are too ****ing soft us Hibbies!

Aldo
11-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Btw Hearts didn't get a lucky goal... McGivern and Craig fannied about with the ball on touch line, hearts player won it, put in a fantastic cross and the boy scored a cracking goal.... Credit where credit is due IMHO.

Take nothing away from them... They wanted it more and one moment of class got them a goal.

It pains me to say it but true.

The Voice Of Reason
11-08-2013, 02:22 PM
A team full of them.

Spot on.

BH Hibs
11-08-2013, 02:23 PM

We played ok? Really? Jesus wept

loanheadhibby
11-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Yep. Fenlon has built a team with no creativity. It showed a few times last season when Griffiths wasnt on his best but now he's gone we have nothing. The manager has had the whole pre season to fix this but he hasnt, instead we've bought defensive minded midfielders and a 200k striker who gets no service.

I want Fenlon out but let's be fair, the signings look decent on paper. Jones, Craig, vine and Collins all good players for previous clubs. Nielsen pretty decent as well.

Griffiths a massive loss tho and without him we are relegation material unless the board acts sooner.

YehButNoBut
Pat's getting a lot of stick and rightly so, can't see him surviving much longer.

However, I don't think the players should get off without criticism as well.

OK Fenlon's tactics are poor to non existent but surely a bunch of players of the calibre we have should be able to work things out for themselves and exert themselves on the bunch of kids that were playing for Hearts today.

I don't think for a moment the Fenlon has put them out there & told them just to hoof it up the pitch for example.

Fenlon is poor but we deserve a lot more from the players and they cannot just blame the manager they should be ashamed of themselves today.

We should have played our under-21 team today as they can't have done any worse than our so called experienced pro's.

Hibbyradge
A lot worse than last week.

hibbymick
11-08-2013, 02:25 PM
We were a complete shambles, we couldnt pass a ball 10 yards. Last week against Motherwell we didnt have any purpose to our play, today we just didnt have any play that lasted more than 3 passes. The players are as much to blame as the manager today IMO. If they cant lift or motivate themselves for this one they can GTF as far as im concerned.

oconnors_strip
11-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Only heard last 20mins on radio on way home...that sounded like we had several chances to score

Was rest of game as poor as commentators made out? What system was employed? presume Lewis was at LB (would have had Mullen as I said pre match)

lewis started at left back with mullen right back, mullen got subbed at half time and mcgivern came on. mcgivern went to left back and lewis went to right back

i dont know what goes through fenlon's mind but all 3 subs were the wrong ones today:rolleyes:

hibbymick
11-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Btw Hearts didn't get a lucky goal... McGivern and Craig fannied about with the ball on touch line, hearts player won it, put in a fantastic cross and the boy scored a cracking goal.... Credit where credit is due IMHO.

Take nothing away from them... They wanted it more and one moment of class got them a goal.

It pains me to say it but true.

Was it not Thomson? I thought he was caught napping at the cross.

Aldo
11-08-2013, 02:27 PM

Is gutless and spineless ok to you then you really need to take a step back and look at how poor we were today.

Only chance Williams had 2 excellent saves, both shots on target and both from Hamill prior to the goal.

Where as McDonald had no save of mention.

Makaveli
11-08-2013, 02:28 PM
I want Fenlon out but let's be fair, the signings look decent on paper. Jones, Craig, vine and Collins all good players for previous clubs. Nielsen pretty decent as well.

Griffiths a massive loss tho and without him we are relegation material unless the board acts sooner.

Easy signings. He brings in guys who played well for smaller clubs that finished above us, anyone could do that.

It takes a special kind of idiot to makes them all look crap.

neil7908
11-08-2013, 02:29 PM
I think the squad on paper is capable of getting us mid table in the SPL, with 2-3 good players with the right attributes (pace, creativity, directness) in the correct positions we could easily push for 2nd.

Guys like Craig, Tudor-Jones, Vine all played important roles with sides that finished above us last year. Thomson is still a quality player, Collins scored goals in a decent league last year, McGivern had clubs from England after him before signing for us, Robertson was part of a successful Dundee Utd side not so long ago.

Unfortunately the current squad is horribly balanced and with a poor manager is capable of getting relegated.

Hiber-nation
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM

If you'd watched the game I doubt if you'd have voted for Fenlon to stay. Boring uninspiring negative long ball pish. 2 or 3 half chances against the worst hearts team I have ever seen.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Extend that even further back to the cup final and that's 5 matches (450 minutes of football) without a single goal.

A team that cannot score goals will never go anywhere.

Scònaldò
11-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Hes p!sh, I could see that from Raith game, albeit pre season.

The rest are no bad, if they are played in their right positions and we have a manager that knows what he is doing.

Emerald
11-08-2013, 02:38 PM
We have been crap the whole time under Fenlon with the exception of about 15 games last season.

I really hope he is gone by tomorrow, if we limp on like this then we are in bother when you remember there is a play off.

Correct, we have been crap for his entire reign but he was bailed out by Leigh Griffiths mainly creating and scoring his own goals. We have played hoofball since he arrived hoping for a wee break in front of goals. This has worked occasionally and he has been lucky to stumble on with a combination of hoofball success and LG brilliance. Now Leigh has gone he only has hoofball to rely on and that just isn't going to work. How many goals will we score this season without Leigh and Fenlons tactics? We'll be lucky to reach double figures IMO. :boo hoo:

Heisenberg
11-08-2013, 02:40 PM
He continues to play Liam Craig out wide where he has looked utterly hopeless in every game so far. There's a reason Saints moved him into the middle last year Pat! We're a one dimensional team of hoofballers with a terrible, slow defence. We only have one exciting attacking player and he's an 18 year old winger (who's out injured for 3 months)

JollyGreenGiant
11-08-2013, 02:49 PM
We have a team full of defensive/holding midfielders, they cant create chances, there are no wingers to put in crosses, there is not one player that I look at and get excited about when they get the ball.

IMO based on these reasons, Pat must go, this is his team!! I have backed him previously, but his time is up.

WestStandMoaner
11-08-2013, 03:27 PM
We have a team full of defensive/holding midfielders, they cant create chances, there are no wingers to put in crosses, there is not one player that I look at and get excited about when they get the ball.

IMO based on these reasons, Pat must go, this is his team!! I have backed him previously, but his time is up.

Your 100% right, no width, no pace and desire, Fenlon is clueless and needs to go

Allan45
11-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Aahhhh, bad memories, I can remember the season 1979/80. Losing the scottish cup final to Rangers after 2 replays then having a very poor league, think we got relegated for the first time in history?
This season so far reminds me of that season, rotten to the core....
come on, somebody just wake up and get Hibs back to playing like Hibs...that is playing for the shirt, having fire in your bellies...good attacking football, scoring goals.
its been over 400 mins play since we last scored...not good enough!:confused: