PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Mullen

YehButNoBut
10-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Just wondered what everyone's view would be on Mullen starting tomorrow.

IMO he would be better missing out or at least on the bench as think it would be a tough game for him if he does start with the Hearts crowd on his back.

If he does make a mistake which costs us he'll be crucified by us and he would find it hard to recover from that.

Better all round I think if he doesn't start.

Although that could mean going with Stevenson or Maybury at RB.

wearethehibs
10-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Play the best players available.

woodyhfc4892
10-08-2013, 01:15 PM

this.

hibby rae
10-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Agree with the second post but I reckon he'll be up for sticking it to them. GGTTH.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2013, 01:18 PM

Yep.

I don't think we should worry about bad things that might or might not happen.

We need to play the best players that we have at our disposal. If Mullen makes a mistake tomorrow or costs us a goal then we have to live with that.

CraigHibee
10-08-2013, 01:18 PM
mullen had a decent game last week and i think he will do well for us this season, be interesting how he plays against hearts but i dont think he will let us down :flag:

Ken
10-08-2013, 01:26 PM
I hope he plays. Best right back we have at the club and definitely don't want to see a player being played out of position.

down-the-slope
10-08-2013, 01:37 PM
play him - so long as he is allowed to cross the half way line :rolleyes: lost the strongest part of his game when coaching staff restricted him second half last week. He has a good cross and can actually overlap (when did we last have full back that could do that? Murphy)

Also let him take a free kick when goal is in range - he is better than we have (unless for a lefty like Craig)

Callum_62
10-08-2013, 01:39 PM
bring back McGivern and play Stevenson at rightback

:greengrin :devil:

YehButNoBut
10-08-2013, 01:39 PM
Looks like everyone so far thinks we should play him, would love to see him start & have a great game in a Hibs win which would make it even harder for the Yams to take.

Just imagine if he did score the winner the place would go mental. :greengrin

Just worry that he is still young & inexperienced and it might be better for him not to start, hope I'm wrong though.

Callum_62
10-08-2013, 01:42 PM
in all seriousness not too concerned about him starting

we are playing a very young Hearts side....it wont be Mullens 1st derby either (albeit he injured himself last one)

and mostly, I think the lads decent

kentao
10-08-2013, 01:49 PM
Mullens a decent wee player. Hes going to have a stormer the morn.
Ggtth

HibbyAndy
10-08-2013, 01:51 PM
Mullen on the free kicks. Stick it right up them son and cup your ears to the zoo that is the main stand.

madabouthibs
10-08-2013, 01:55 PM
:confused: This I reckon is a massive Hibs trait, and has been for years, especially against them!

Pre-match Negativity.

All the Yams I speak to and banter with are winding me right up, saying we ought to beat the worst Yam team in decades, we've spent this much and that much blah blah blah.......
We need to drop this pessimistic, negative and doubting pre-derby attitude as fans, its always gonna rub off on the team.
They're being quite positive about the -15 thing, playing youngsters etc...... they've still got that air of arrogance about them , yet we're worried about playing half decent ex-hearts players in their native positions just because they're young? Mullen did fine last week, he deserves his chance to make the RB position his own. :agree:

LongshanksED
10-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Play him. From what I've seen he can put in some good crosses and a decent free kick. He still looks a bit inexperienced at the back but the hertz are there for the taking by an attacking team.

NOLA
10-08-2013, 02:08 PM
i see him getting sent off for flying into a challenge infront of section Nonce :agree:

Franck Stanton
10-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Think it is unfortunate for him that the first Derby is as tescodome as he will be getting it tight on both sides of the pitch from the mutants. If game was at E/R then he would have home support on both sides and the mutants are just behind the goal at Dunbar end. However, that is not the case, hope he is man enough to blank them out, play his game and hopefully play well.

OrdHibby
10-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Play Maybury

Billychaotic182
10-08-2013, 03:17 PM
He will prob be the player who is up for it the most as he has a point to prove

HibbyKeith
10-08-2013, 04:33 PM
A little word in Frasers ear tomorrow morning about how they dont rate him and he wasn't good enough should be about all the young guy will need.

Shields Hibee
10-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Play him, they can give Fraser as much stick as they want but that should drive him on. Best thing for him to do is get the winner for us & then watch them fall deadly silent as another defeat beckons!

OrdHibby
10-08-2013, 05:09 PM
He will prob be the player who is up for it the most as he has a point to prove

Ueh and a ref who will look for no excuse to send a Hibby off

matty_f
10-08-2013, 06:26 PM
I'd play him. I think he looks like a good player and if we can channel the enthusiasm that he showed in the last derby so that he's not just trying to kick people, he could have a big impact on the game.

danhibees1875
10-08-2013, 06:33 PM
He'll be fine. Although I like the irony of suggesting that ex-jambo Maybury, who's first contribution in a hibs jersey was to gift hearts a goal in last season's opening Derby, would be the answer.

That's not a pop at Alan.

Time For Heroes
10-08-2013, 06:46 PM
As said already, best 11 have to start regardless.
He was tipped as one of the best youngsters they had by all accounts so I'm sure try be worried if he's in the side.
Is he still on freekicks? Imagine, last minute winner haha

AlbertK86
10-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Would play him... He has a point to prove to the ****bags

Last minute free kick ... In the top corner to send the Hibees in to ecstasy !!

GGTTH

SuperAllyMcleod
10-08-2013, 07:19 PM
Play him, as he said himself, when he came to Edinburgh he wasn't a Hibs or Hearts fan.

He will have a point to prove and should be allowed to do so.

monktonharp
10-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Play Maybury I think Maybury will start.the young lad done well enough against Motherwell but it's a pressure game in more senses than one. Fenlon may go for the easy option (experience)but the problem I have with that is that their young lads could outstrip Maybury easily , and he tends to try and usher players almost to the line or box without putting in a challenge!. that worries me. I would like to see our young lad, playing against his peers because I think he has the makings of a good RB, and he can place a ball, from a run, or deadball situ.Maybury disnae dae that for me.

ronaldo7
10-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Play him, as he said himself, when he came to Edinburgh he wasn't a Hibs or Hearts fan.

He will have a point to prove and should be allowed to do so.

I hope he has 3 points on his return to ER:wink:

Play um:aok:

Dunderhall
10-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Play him, he's got as much experience as half the yam team.

Sexton
10-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Play him. He'll know they pricks inside out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

monktonharp
10-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Play him, he's got as much experience as half the yam team.:agree:

Pat 0-7
10-08-2013, 08:47 PM
He'll be desperate to get one over on Pishy Locke and the unwashed hordes.

I predict he scores a screamer of a free kick, does a :fenlonto the fuds and becomes an instant hero!!!!!

:flag:

JimBHibees
10-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Maybury will play IMO and rightly too. He had an excellent game at the shelter last time and Jamie Walker hasnt got out his pocket since. Fraser is a good player but has defensive weaknesses and to me he is the most likely to react to the gimps baiting so IMO isnt worth the gamble with the yam pet ref in charge.

Heisenberg
10-08-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm not totally convinced by Mullen defensively but I wouldn't exactly be raging if he played. He's a young lad with plenty potential.

007 Mickey Weir
11-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Mullen is an attacking RB. So is the right option against a team that has little or no attacking threat.

My team is

Williams

Mullen Neilson McGivern Stevenson

Vine Robertson Thomson Craig

Caldwell Collins

hfc rd
11-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Mullen is an attacking RB. So is the right option against a team that has little or no attacking threat.

My team is

Williams

Mullen Neilson McGivern Stevenson

Vine Robertson Thomson Craig

Caldwell Collins

Wouldn't mind that team.

vercol36
11-08-2013, 07:48 AM
As far as I can tell, he's a cheeky wee sh*te and won't give a hoot what the Gorgonians sing at him :thumbsup:

francobaresi
11-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Hope he plays from the start, was one of the brightest last week imo, he's a professional and getting the winner will girut :wink:

semaj64
11-08-2013, 08:21 AM
The best players on the day should start, Mullen has got to face them sometime, better early on in the season, he has a job to do and he will do it. Let's hope Fenlon knows how to go about the job as well, he has more to prove that Mullen