PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Derby preview: 'The Battle of the Least Bad'

eaststandfin
09-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Wrote this on my blog about Pat's future and the derby, have a look if you like: http://finlaymatheson.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/edinburgh-derby-previewed/

Treadstone
09-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Nice read for the bus. Not sure about the 'first half chances' though.

eaststandfin
09-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Not sure about the 'first half chances' though.
Just noticed this, thanks. I meant second half chances, have changed it now.

joe breezy
09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Wrote this on my blog about Pat's future and the derby, have a look if you like: http://finlaymatheson.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/edinburgh-derby-previewed/

good article, I hope we are all proved wrong with a stunning 0-7

Franck Stanton
09-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I really don't think we are as bad a team as is presently being painted. Okay, the Malmo game , was, well, terrible, REALY terrible, but IMO was a "one-off". The game v Motherwell, wasn't great but had the Malmo game not occurred, there wouldn't be all the uproar and cries of "crisis". The squad is taking shape, players who were injured/suspended have now come into the team and I am sure the display on Sunday will be much improved. Lets take a wee chill-pill folks and get behind the lads , not only this Sunday, but for the rest of the season, we are, after all, SUPPORTERS. GGTTH

SkintHibby
09-08-2013, 07:07 PM
"Taught we played" is pretty crass imo.

rcarter1
09-08-2013, 07:12 PM

Agree. This kind of comment makes your take on Fenlon seem personal, or worse political. Otherwise a good read, and quite objective as well.

Elephant Stone
10-08-2013, 10:47 AM

Stopped reading after that. Should've stopped sooner.

Kato
10-08-2013, 10:53 AM
I thought it was a bit cliched and in places shallow although it would provide the neutral with a decent overview, so in the world of journalism you may go far.

Hibercelona
10-08-2013, 10:57 AM
I really don't think we are as bad a team as is presently being painted. Okay, the Malmo game , was, well, terrible, REALY terrible, but IMO was a "one-off". The game v Motherwell, wasn't great but had the Malmo game not occurred, there wouldn't be all the uproar and cries of "crisis". The squad is taking shape, players who were injured/suspended have now come into the team and I am sure the display on Sunday will be much improved. Lets take a wee chill-pill folks and get behind the lads , not only this Sunday, but for the rest of the season, we are, after all, SUPPORTERS. GGTTH

Haven't we been taking shape for over 30 years now?

I'm all for supporting the team. But the Malmo game certainly wasn't a one off. We're quite terrible at the moment.

Mikey
10-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for the worst Edinburgh Derby in recent times.

Does the constant criticism of our game in Scotland really achieve anything?

RyeSloan
10-08-2013, 11:04 AM
Don't want to knock anyone's efforts in writing an article on hibs but how do we know how determined players are to make a difference at the club when they have been here 5 minutes?

Also Fenlons signing policy has been pretty successful I would say so don't understand the too many duds jibe...no manager in the world gets every signing correct and compared to a lot of past managers I don't get this accusation.

To also state that one result last week would have totally changed an article that suggest Fenlon is about to her his jotters....in other words it would have been significantly more positive seems slightly strange. Would 1 result at home against Motherwell really have transformed the situation...how would that have erased the two worst results quoted.

Finally I always consider last year to be last season so that confused me a bit!

superbam
10-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Stopped reading after that. Should've stopped sooner.

This. Pretty poor show mocking Fenlon's accent, undermines the rest of the article. Which is pretty gash anyway.

SaulGoodman
10-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Here we go again.

If he was mocking a Scottish or an English accent would it be 'crass' or 'too far'?

Beefster
10-08-2013, 12:37 PM

The Malmo game definitely did occur though. I promise.

You seem to be another poster unable to tell the difference between wanting the manager sacked and supporting the team.