PDA

View Full Version : Yams Hearts Medals Stolen

CyberSauzee
09-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Romanov back in Edinburgh earlier this week, disguised of course: "short ginger hair and was clean-shaven, wearing a dark bomber jacket and dark trousers":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-23633911?

'Historic' football medals stolen from Hearts stadium

Four "historic" football medals have been stolen from the stadium of Heart of Midlothian.

They were taken, along with a gold pocket watch, after a display case at the club's Tynecastle ground was forced open on Wednesday. The alarm was raised by a glass cleaner.

The haul included two 19th Century league championship winners' medals.

Police have issued a description of a man who was seen acting suspiciously at the stadium in Edinburgh.

Insp David Hynd said: "These medals have significant historic value, not just to Heart of Midlothian FC but to the city of Edinburgh.

"We are keen for anyone with any information to come forward and contact Police Scotland."

The stolen medals were:

An 1896/97 Scottish Football League Championship Winners' medal, won by James Mirk
An 1894/95 Scottish Football League Championship Winners' medal, won by George Scott
A Victory Cup Final runners-up medal from 1919, awarded to Bob Mercer
A Victory medal awarded posthumously to Harry Wattie, who was killed in action during the Battle of the Somme in 1916.
Police said the theft took place between 08:00 and 16:30 on Wednesday.

Workers at the stadium said they had noticed someone acting suspiciously. He was described as being white, 40 to 45 years of age, 5ft 9in tall, and of medium build.

He had short ginger hair and was clean-shaven, wearing a dark bomber jacket and dark trousers.

Thecat23
09-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Romanov back in Edinburgh earlier this week, disguised of course: "short ginger hair and was clean-shaven, wearing a dark bomber jacket and dark trousers":

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-23633911?

Neil Lennon??

Mr White
09-08-2013, 11:44 AM
Neil Lennon??

I was thinking Stevie Frail if it hadn't been for the cleanshaven description.

Mon Dieu4
09-08-2013, 11:44 AM
My first thought was McKay but that's just silly, he already has more than enough medals

rcarter1
09-08-2013, 11:46 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-23633911

lord bunberry
09-08-2013, 11:47 AM
I hope it was someone that they were owe money to that's nicked them.

R'Albin
09-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Apparently their 1986 league and cup winners' medals are also nowhere to be seen :(

Gatecrasher
09-08-2013, 11:50 AM
I'm stuck between they sold them or Romanov is away with them :loser:

Craig_HFC
09-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Description makes it sound like AllisBarry.

MB62
09-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Gary MacKay has apparently confirmed they are NOT HIS :greengrin

Matt92
09-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Even Gary Mackay is kicking them whilst they are down.

HibeeMassive
09-08-2013, 11:55 AM
*cough* insurance fraud *cough* :greengrin

HFC 0-7
Either an insurance job or a hearts fan worried that they will get sold if the face liquidation. Could possibly be the fans reducing the value of hearts in liquidation by nicking assetts!

Scottie
NO mention of Garry Mackay's medal's missing :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Got to be somewhere :loser:

Mark79
09-08-2013, 11:56 AM
WTF is a glass cleaner? Do they not mean window cleaner? Or whilst in administration are they employing people to polish their glass cabinets.

Fringe act of a club.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Seems a bit like Craig Whyte and the Arsenal shares owned by Rangers if you ask me.

Makaveli
09-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Police description: "He was described as being white, 40 to 45 years of age, 5ft 9in tall, and of medium build. He had short ginger hair and was clean-shaven."

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/javaImages/39/e3/0,,10289~3400505,00.jpg

Pedantic_Hibee
09-08-2013, 12:02 PM
Hahaha!!!

I won't shed any tears that's for sure. This club stole poppies. :fenlon

Treadstone
09-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Astonished there was anything left to sell after they pawned the family silver last November.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-08-2013, 12:04 PM
A Yam Fud on adminback.co.uk

"A Victory medal awarded posthumously to Harry Wattie, who was killed in action during the Battle of the Somme in 1916."

Let's just read that again;

"A Victory medal awarded posthumously to Harry Wattie, who was killed in action during the Battle of the Somme in 1916."

I think ******* ***** just about covers it.

---------------------------------------------------

Your club stole poppies. I think ******** ***** just about covers it too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-08-2013, 12:05 PM
NO mention of Garry Mackay's medal's missing :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Got to be somewhere :loser:

His son has previous, probably thieved them for his old man.

Future17
09-08-2013, 12:09 PM
WTF is a glass cleaner? Do they not mean window cleaner? Or whilst in administration are they employing people to polish their glass cabinets.

Fringe act of a club.

I think it's the person who collects and cleans the glasses after the bake sales.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-08-2013, 12:12 PM
I was thinking Stevie Frail if it hadn't been for the cleanshaven description.

I was thinking Paul Scholes, but, I think he has plenty medals of his own.

Baldy Foghorn
09-08-2013, 12:15 PM

Fringe act of a club.

Why hire a window cleaner? They have an entire support of window licker's.......

wazoo1875
09-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Whilst I have no love for that tawdry club. I think it's a shabby act to steal things like this in much the same way that someone pilfered a couple of hibs tops a while back.
That said I'm still shocked that they hadn't been hawked around the pawn shops of dalry !

green glory
09-08-2013, 01:13 PM
The police say 'witnesses saw a periscope disappearing down a drain in McLeod Street'.

Time For Heroes
09-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Pretty ****ty thing to do, regardless of your view on the team.
Hope the ****er gets caught, hate thieves!

Hibby Gav
09-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Apparently their 1986 league and cup winners' medals are also nowhere to be seen :(
:top marks

JimBHibees
09-08-2013, 01:23 PM

Agree completely, very lowlife thing to do.

Chuck Rhoades
09-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Insurance scam?

Hibercelona
09-08-2013, 01:33 PM

:agree: It's a real shame.

:greengrin

RoslinInstHibby
09-08-2013, 01:41 PM
whilst its a funny story:agree:, im with a few others, theft is wrong and i hope who ever did it gets caught.

Onion
09-08-2013, 01:41 PM

Exactly. I can see the Yams & BDO will be distraught about that when they pick up the insurance cheque :cb

Especially like this bit... "The alarm was raised by a glass cleaner."

Now, forgive me for not understanding this Admin lark, but I would have thought "cleaning glass" was something that BDO might have identified as a less than critical function for keeping the business going, let along having someone dedicated to that job. :greengrin

Onion
09-08-2013, 01:44 PM
whilst its a funny story:agree:, im with a few others, theft is wrong and i hope who ever did it gets caught.

Impossible to sell, so best bet is stolen by a fan for safe keeping until FOH get control.

pacorosssco
09-08-2013, 02:11 PM
must be medals mckay, oh wait.........

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-08-2013, 02:16 PM

Obviously all joking apart, this is the case.

If you cannae have a wee chuckle at your rivals though, then its time to chuck it.

Moon unit
09-08-2013, 02:42 PM
Exactly. I can see the Yams & BDO will be distraught about that when they pick up the insurance cheque :cb

Now, forgive me for not understanding this Admin lark, but I would have thought "cleaning glass" was something that BDO might have identified as a less than critical function for keeping the business going, let along having someone dedicated to that job. :greengrin

The glass cleaner is on 2 quid a week less than The Ash tray cleaner and the Pink seat Buffer!...

JeMeSouviens
09-08-2013, 03:30 PM
These medals have significant historic value, not just to Heart of Midlothian FC but to the city of Edinburgh.

Nah, you're alright.

:rolleyes:

surreyhibbie
09-08-2013, 03:45 PM
What's the betting they will miraculously re-appear IF they survive?

Just a Yam worried what will happen to them when they go mammaries skywards..

:wink:

weonlywon6-2
09-08-2013, 03:46 PM

Strangely enough that was my first thought :cb

DAVE1875
09-08-2013, 03:49 PM
Doyle??? :rolleyes:

Hibercelona
09-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Can't any of you see the genius at work here?

FOH choir as many assets as possible, Hearts depreciate in value, FOH then buy the club at its reduced value with the money they made from the stolen assets.

It's full proof. :cb

Pray4Marc
09-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Obviously what has happened is morally terrible. But too me this sounds like a PR stunt to gain sympathy. Just doesn't make sense with the "lack" of security.

Sergey
09-08-2013, 04:07 PM

I wonder if it was another 'FoH Pledge'.

NAE NOOKIE
09-08-2013, 04:10 PM
Stealing is wrong dont care who its from. Hope they catch the dirty little scroat ... please dont let it be a Hibby.

easty
09-08-2013, 04:35 PM

I think the reporter was a bit confused, it wasn't meant to be 'glass cleaner', it was meant to be 'windae licker'. Which of course we all know is that big tattooed girly thing they have in midfield.

MSK
09-08-2013, 05:29 PM
At ease yam trampos ..found yer haul ... 1083010831

gringojoe
09-08-2013, 05:51 PM
His son has previous, probably thieved them for his old man.

Medals Mckay laddie has never jumped around making monkey noises or hit women, fair play to him.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Some flump from 15pointsback.co.uk got as far as my third post and had to leave this thread. Funny that, I've only posted two.

We are classless vermin, lads. Classless!

This the same fans of a club that petty point score over a war and ruthlessly shaft the poppy fund? The same club that's due another charity 34k? The same club that employ, champion and defend convicted sex offenders? The Wullie Bauld Memorial Fund being trousered so a wee fat lad could get his end away? The same fans that sing about Scott Brown's sister and Tony Mowbray's wife?

Look closer to home, boys.

Plus, I suspect this is an insurance claim in the making, wouldn't put it past your lot.

The Falcon
09-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Some flump from 15pointsback.co.uk got as far as my third post and had to leave this thread. Funny that, I've only posted two.

This the same fans of a club that petty point score over a war and ruthlessly shaft the poppy fund? The same club that's due another charity 34k? The same club that employ, champion and defend convicted sex offenders? The Wullie Bauld Memorial Fund being trousered so a wee fat lad could get his end away? The same fans that sing about Scott Brown's sister and Tony Mowbray's wife?

Plus, I suspect this is an insurance claim in the making, wouldn't put it past your lot.

Their treatment of the great Willie Bauld was as classless as it gets.

SkintHibby
09-08-2013, 06:53 PM

Not forgetting the Hearts "Petrov 19 Days To Live" banner!

hibb1
09-08-2013, 06:59 PM

:agree: Especially when its from the poor:greengrin

silverhibee
09-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Police should release CCTV of the person they are looking for.

If there is a person in the first place, i think something stinks here, wouldn't surprise me if the medals and watch are in a safe place and this is all a con for a sympathy vote for the yams.

I take it the glass cleaner is one of those folk not getting paid.

Jonnyboy
09-08-2013, 07:21 PM
How shifty did David Southern look in his STV news interview :agree:

HKhibby
09-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Insurance scam?

If Romanov was still in charge i would incline to agree!, but i dont think so, as previous threads have said....pretty low life thing to do, even if it is them!, these medals probably mean a lot to some people, and not a lot to others, you do not thieve medals from anywhere, it is like stealing some old war veterans medals, on said that i would not put it past them tho!

Time For Heroes
09-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Aye from that fat welt Shaun Ryder no less, absolute ****er!
I like how they all have the moral high ground but Big Jock knew etc etc instead of quoting one of the nicer posts ie mine :D
Surely they understand a lot of it is harmless banter?
I'm outraged, anyone wanna help make a sign saying "you stole poppies, we stole your medals'?
Too far? **** em...
In fact just **** you Ryder, ya fat welt!

hibbytam
09-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Overall, ****ty thing to do. Regardless of who it's from, those are important bits of scottish football history, from the early days of the game. Strange that someone cam just walk into mordor. I mean tynecastle, and pick anything hthey want. Probably stolrn by, or for, a hearts fan too. Doesn't have any value for anyone else. Poor show all round.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-08-2013, 07:45 PM
An illiterate Yam writes;

I no longer advocate voilence, & won't,, but the soul who robbed a war hero, deserves to die slowley & painfully

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any worse than robbing a charity and fleecing a poppy fund? Nope. Good news, the perpetrators of these acts are dying slowly and painfully.

marinello59
09-08-2013, 07:54 PM
An illiterate Yam writes;

I no longer advocate voilence, & won't,, but the soul who robbed a war hero, deserves to die slowley & painfully

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any worse than robbing a charity and fleecing a poppy fund? Nope. Good news, the perpetrators of these acts are dying slowly and painfully.

They really are as thick as pig **** over there.

PapillonVert
09-08-2013, 07:55 PM
I apologise, I have not read all the posts and I actually find this theft quite despicable but what else I was thinking was:

If these medals were retrieved and adding in whatever other medals/cups etc that HMFC has (which could be quite valuable in an auction) could these things form part of the liquidation sale aimed at getting cash for the creditors?

Surely they have to be considered part of the assets that could be sold. Or are they somehow protected from that?

Pedantic_Hibee
09-08-2013, 07:57 PM
The most surprising thing for me is that Hearts didn't auction them off when they were raising money, it seemed like everything else was going under the hammer.

MSK
09-08-2013, 07:59 PM
They really are as thick as pig **** over there.Must be difficult typing wi 12 fingers & having one eye bang in the middle o the forehead ...whilst playing a banjo ...have some sympathy for the yam mutants ffs ..

degenerated
09-08-2013, 07:59 PM
They really are as thick as pig **** over there.

Not just there, I incurred the wrath of Ewan Murray, and his acolytes, on twitter for daring to suggest it had similarities to the episode with the huns arsenal share or may even have been one of the charities they shafted :greengrin

scoopyboy
09-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Scoopyboy understands it was the simpleton who wanted to deck Neil Lennon.

He is sending the ransom note to Hearts tomorrow and has said that when they pay up he is going to donate the money raised to the club to help them survive.

In all honesty I hope they get them returned undamaged.

silverhibee
09-08-2013, 08:08 PM
How shifty did David Southern look in his STV news interview :agree:

Dodgy.

Can you just wonder in to the wongadome and have a stroll about the place, no chance, something ain't right here J.

A big con for sympathy for them through the press and it is working.

If i am wrong then i expect the suspect to be in custody by now, CCTV would have caught him entering and leaving the dump with the swag bag.

MyJo
09-08-2013, 08:15 PM
I dont see what the big deal is, Hearts have been stealing scottish cup medals & trophies for years now.

Cheating bassas!! :greengrin

Dunderhall
09-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I apologise, I have not read all the posts and I actually find this theft quite despicable but what else I was thinking was:

If these medals were retrieved and adding in whatever other medals/cups etc that HMFC has (which could be quite valuable in an auction) could these things form part of the liquidation sale aimed at getting cash for the creditors?

Surely they have to be considered part of the assets that could be sold. Or are they somehow protected from that?
Presumably they were included in the £54k worth of fixtures and fittings/memorabilia in the BDO report. They would be sold in the event of liquidation. Unless the club didn't own them but were just loaned them from somebody.

I'm a bit uneasy with the conspiracy theory to be honest.

Hibercelona
09-08-2013, 08:38 PM
I dont see what the big deal is, Hearts have been stealing scottish cup medals & trophies for years now.

Cheating bassas!! :greengrin

:agree:

The crooks were crooked. No sympathy for them at all.

MSK
09-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Dodgy.

Can you just wonder in to the wongadome and have a stroll about the place, no chance, something ain't right here J.

A big con for sympathy for them through the press and it is working.

If i am wrong then i expect the suspect to be in custody by now, CCTV would have caught him entering and leaving the dump with the swag bag.Who watches the watcher ..?...:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
09-08-2013, 09:28 PM
Riiiight, so a few people having banter about what looks like an inside job(whilst everybody is agreeing that its wrong and hoping they get returned) makes us "vermin", yet they can rob charities blind and that's ok?! To any mutants looking in, away and practice your disgusting songs about Dean Shiels just incase he does sign again you horrible excuse for human beings

silverhibee
09-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Who watches the watcher ..?...:wink:

Put me out of my misery.

MSK
09-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Put me out of my misery.Eh ..nah ..I will let you work that one oot ..

silverhibee
09-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Eh ..nah ..I will let you work that one oot ..

Nah i will just leave it.

ALF TUPPER
10-08-2013, 06:04 AM

This