PDA

View Full Version : Liverpuddle's owner and toothy striker

lapsedhibee
09-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Owner has said Suarez will not be sold.
UEFA rules prevent him being put to rot in the reserves.
Owner says whether he plays again for the team will be 'up to the manager'.

Shirley the owner is leaving the manager no choice - if he's not being sold and he can't rot in the reserves, he must be in the first team squad, non? Can't imagine he'll be an unused substitute all season, so the owner is telling the manager to play him, not leaving it 'up to the manager'.

'puddle are a strange club these days.

Future17
09-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Owner has said Suarez will not be sold.
UEFA rules prevent him being put to rot in the reserves.
Owner says whether he plays again for the team will be 'up to the manager'.

Shirley the owner is leaving the manager no choice - if he's not being sold and he can't rot in the reserves, he must be in the first team squad, non? Can't imagine he'll be an unused substitute all season, so the owner is telling the manager to play him, not leaving it 'up to the manager'.

'puddle are a strange club these days.

Which UEFA rule is this?

lapsedhibee
09-08-2013, 06:29 AM
Which UEFA rule is this?

Dunno (sorry FIFA, not UEFA). In the i today:

"Henry, who is prevented by Fifa's articles of association from forcing Suarez to rot in the reserves indefinitely"

BT58
09-08-2013, 06:30 AM
But hes out of the team for ages due to the big ban
The time he can play the window will be shut
Would not surprise me if pool sent him home, similar to the Tevez situ
Bt

MKHIBEE
09-08-2013, 06:30 AM

So FIFA can dictate team selection? Any chance they can come to Easter Road and impart their selection wisdom? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
09-08-2013, 06:32 AM
All this noise is to flush out more buyers and drive the price up, i can't see him playing for Liverpool this coming season.

The player holds all the cards these days, you only have to look at Tevez. He just buggered off back to Argentina to play golf, the loss of wages is nowt to them now.

If they do make him stay, and as i said i have my doubts about that. He's not going to be a happy bugs bunny, and he's the sort who does not give a toss about the team the manager or his team mates or even the fans, i could see him not trying a leg if thats the case.

Great player, but i'm surprised Wenger is in for him.

lapsedhibee
09-08-2013, 06:38 AM
Great player, but i'm surprised Wenger is in for him.

:agree: Presume Wenger's interest is to placate Arsenal fans who have been starved of big-name inward transfers. Would be astounded if he ends up there.

MKHIBEE
09-08-2013, 06:46 AM

"Henry, who is prevented by Fifa's articles of association from forcing Suarez to rot in the reserves indefinitely"

They obviously never heard of Steve Harper who spent most of his 20 years at Newcastle in the reserves

RyeSloan
09-08-2013, 07:04 AM
:agree: Presume Wenger's interest is to placate Arsenal fans who have been starved of big-name inward transfers. Would be astounded if he ends up there.

Starved of big name transfers???

Starved of ANY transfers!! Grr.

MKHIBEE
09-08-2013, 07:20 AM
As a manager at what point do you decide that a players off field behaviour, and in some instances on field, negates his footballing ability in the sense that he is more trouble than he is worth? Personally I am surprised that Wenger wants Saurez, he is a great player but not what I would expect to see in an Arsenal shirt.Saurez seems to me to be more a Chelsea type of guy, he would fit in well there.

Bostonhibby
09-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Could they continue their "special" relationship with the yams and lend him out to them for some big team experience? He seems to be their kind of guy. Or would Liverpool being a bumped creditor be a problem?

Bostonhibby
09-08-2013, 07:32 AM
As a manager at what point do you decide that a players off field behaviour, and in some instances on field, negates his footballing ability in the sense that he is more trouble than he is worth? Personally I am surprised that Wenger wants Saurez, he is a great player but not what I would expect to see in an Arsenal shirt.Saurez seems to me to be more a Chelsea type of guy, he would fit in well there.

Whinger does it every window, linked with every top player usually they end up elsewhere and he signs one or two that the real big teams never went for.Fans getting fed up of it. Placates fans for a bit then they actually sell a few. Always a nice healthy dividend for their two hungry major shareholders.

Fergus52
09-08-2013, 09:51 AM
Whinger does it every window, linked with every top player usually they end up elsewhere and he signs one or two that the real big teams never went for.Fans getting fed up of it. Placates fans for a bit then they actually sell a few. Always a nice healthy dividend for their two hungry major shareholders.

That's because whilst the stadium debt was being paid off, arsenal had to make a profit on player sales.

Now the debt has paid off and the commercial deals are beginning to come through, I think we'll start to see the extent of arsenals spending power.

That being said, Kroenke is a leach, but gazidis is better at his job than most make out.

CB_NO3
09-08-2013, 09:58 AM
This is just a ploy from the Liverpool owner to turn the fans on Suarez. He will be sold in the next week or so and the Liverpool board will say we had no choice, making them out to be the good guys. Its all politics. Bit gutted if you were a Liverpool fan and he is only joining Arsenal though. A team who will finish one place ahead of yous lol.

Bostonhibby
09-08-2013, 10:02 AM
That's because whilst the stadium debt was being paid off, arsenal had to make a profit on player sales.

Now the debt has paid off and the commercial deals are beginning to come through, I think we'll start to see the extent of arsenals spending power.
That being said, Kroenke is a leach, but gazidis is better at his job than most make out.

Accounts and the big two shareholders say Stadium debt always manageable however they always produce enough profitafter overheads to spend big, never do though as the current shareholders like the profit.

God Petrie
09-08-2013, 10:19 AM
This is just a ploy from the Liverpool owner to turn the fans on Suarez. He will be sold in the next week or so and the Liverpool board will say we had no choice, making them out to be the good guys. Its all politics. Bit gutted if you were a Liverpool fan and he is only joining Arsenal though. A team who will finish one place ahead of yous lol.

More like 4 or 5 places and Arsenal have consistently finished in the top 4 unlike Liverpool who have been dross for about 20 odd years.

LeithBoozy
09-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Just replace him with Ngoo, or is he went back to Wirral FC. :greengrin

Future17
09-08-2013, 12:22 PM

I honestly have no idea what the journo means by this. :confused:

Moon unit
09-08-2013, 02:47 PM

The Two facedness of fans of other English clubs who were demanding that he should be thrown out of British football are suddenly hoping their clubs buy him!.

Gus Fring
09-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I honestly have no idea what the journo means by this. :confused:

I think it means you're not allowed to employ a player with the sole purpose of playing him in the reserves as that could be seen as anti-competitive. It's not against the rules to not give a player a chance in the first team, it is against the rules to deliberately stop it from happening though.

Could be wrong.

RoslinInstHibby
09-08-2013, 03:30 PM
More like 4 or 5 places and Arsenal have consistently finished in the top 4 unlike Liverpool who have been dross for about 20 odd years.

:agree: take away Suarez and liverpool will struggle to get anywhere near Arsenal.

NAE NOOKIE
09-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Dont think Brendan Rodgers is a manager to mess with though. If Suarez hinks he can get one over on him he has bitten off more than he can chew IMO ...... :greengrin

JohnStephens91
09-08-2013, 06:37 PM

Liverpool trophy wins since 1990:

First Division title; 1989/90

FA Cup; 1992, 2001, 2006

League Cup; 1995, 2001, 2003, 2012

Charity Shield; 1990, 2001, 2006

Champions League; 2005

UEFA Cup; 2001

UEFA Super Cup; 2001, 2005.

Total dross mind you...

leither17
09-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Liverpool trophy wins since 1990:

First Division title; 1989/90

FA Cup; 1992, 2001, 2006

League Cup; 1995, 2001, 2003, 2012

Charity Shield; 1990, 2001, 2006

Champions League; 2005

UEFA Cup; 2001

UEFA Super Cup; 2001, 2005.

Total dross mind you...

What have arsenal done in the same period?

lapsedhibee
09-08-2013, 06:52 PM

Obviously nothing worthy of note, as the 'puddle owner is quoted thus:

"Players usually want to win. They want to go, generally in any sport, where they can win. That's why I think this particular episode is misguided.

"We've won more trophies than Arsenal, but I really don't want to get into that."

Only two contradictions in those two lines. Firstly, he clearly has a top player who wants to leave, despite 'puddle being winners.

Secondly, he 'doesn't want to get into that' but he just did.

Strange bloke - or maybe not very bright? :dunno:

JohnStephens91
09-08-2013, 06:58 PM

I wasn't comparing Liverpool with Arsenal, I was merely showing how it is wrong to claim that Liverpool are dross and have been for the last 20 or so years.

Although as requested here is the list since 1990;

First Division/Premiership; 1990-91, 1997-98, 2001-02, 2003-04

FA Cup; 1993, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005

League Cup; 1993

Charity Shield; 1991, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004

European Cup Winners Cup; 1993-94

Hibercelona
09-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Arsenal's honours since 1990

First Division/Premier League: 1990-91, 1997-98, 2001-02, 2003-04
FA Cup: 1993, 1998, 2002, 2003, 2005
League Cup: 1993
Charity/Comminity Shield: 1991, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2004
UEFA Cup: 1993/94

cad
09-08-2013, 07:10 PM

Rival for 4th place or not they put £60 million big ones down I would be surprised if Henry knocked it back

lapsedhibee
09-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Rival for 4th place or not they put £60 million big ones down I would be surprised if Henry knocked it back

Do you think they will bid £60m for him?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
09-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Dont think Brendan Rodgers is a manager to mess with though. If Suarez hinks he can get one over on him he has bitten off more than he can chew IMO ...... :greengrin

Just like Ivanovic' arm haha :greengrin

cad
09-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Do you think they will bid £60m for him?

It would certainly put the onus on Liverpool to sell IMHO out for 6 games him no interested ,when the 6 games are up is he motivated and giving 100% ,fans on his back which the aren't just now .
Torres and Suarez would have been a dream partnership for The Reds sadly it wasn't to be those 2 would have had Liverpool back big time .
I still don't think The Rent Boys are out of it better squad , Jose Mourinho is back with something to prove , Moyes will dig his heels in with Rooney he has to ,as for Real I don't know if they would spend well over £100 million to land Bale and Suarez ,then theres Monaco who I think sorts everybodys problem Henry saves face if the numbers are right plus he gets his move ,but that puts Liverpool back to last season with theres signing debacle .
I just want rid of the ungrateful little runt at the right price and a suitable replacement who god knows

MKHIBEE
09-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Just replace him with Ngoo, or is he went back to Wirral FC. :greengrin

He is now at Yeovil, who,incidentally, are competing in the Championship with an annual wage bill of less than £1 million.