06-08-2013, 11:52 AM
What?!?!?! Pleeeease let this be true!!

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 11:52 AM
According to Sky.

:agree: There today short term deal may be on the cards

FromTheCapital
06-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Would love to see him at Hibs. Even at Celtic he was direct and quite pacey. Would be an excellent addition to the team and if we could get him in before the derby then I think we would rip them apart. Fingers crossed. :thumbsup:

jacomo
06-08-2013, 11:55 AM
My view of McCourt is that he's an over-rated show pony.

However, I'd welcome him with open arms. We need a bit of unpredictability and width.

Diclonius
06-08-2013, 11:55 AM
And in a matter of seconds, hibs.net exploded.

Heisenberg
06-08-2013, 11:56 AM
He's definitely a game changer. Does he not have fitness issues though? Him and Harris on either side would be good to watch.

CorrieHibs
06-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Would be happy with this addition. Tricky player something we need. Get him signed!!

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 11:57 AM

Thats not all thats exploded!

McSwanky
06-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Have Sky got a private membership for this place as well then?

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Still doesn't address our chronic lack of pace but definitely has a spark that we're desperately needing.

Has only started 20 games in the last 5 years though, so don't expect to see many 90 minute appearances from him.

Would rather Shiels if he were an option, but not gonna turn my nose up at PM.

Hibernia&Alba
Exactly the type of creative player we're crying out for, but surely he'll be asking for big money?

hibbill2002
Definatlly no tam?

hibees 7062
06-08-2013, 12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=48RqQqj9L5I

What do we need him for ? :greengrin

wazoo1875
It's a yes from me. Someone to get us off of our seats. Loved seeing him play with his head up going past defenders like they weren't there at times. Have been told by my celtic chums that he likes a few sherbets tho.

BarneyK
Exactly the type of creative player we're crying out for, but surely he'll be asking for big money?

Wouldn't have thought he was anywhere near top of the scale at Celtic. With a regular run in the team I think the (supposed) fitness issues could be sorted.

Spike Mandela
06-08-2013, 12:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RqQqj9L5I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

sambajustice
06-08-2013, 12:03 PM
I wonder what area of the ground his fenian army will base themselves! :greengrin

We could maybe sign the Green Brigade as well on a short term deal seeing as they've been "mutually consented" over by...

Craig_in_Prague
06-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Still doesn't address our chronic lack of pace but definitely has a spark that we're desperately needing.

Has only started 20 games in the last 5 years though, so don't expect to see many 90 minute appearances from him.

would agree with this.

PM has ability, can beat a man and maybe a fresh start is what he needs and can kick on.

wazoo1875
06-08-2013, 12:05 PM
would agree with this.

PM has ability, can beat a man and maybe a fresh start is what he needs and can kick on.

Agreed, I think he'd struggle against top class fullbacks like McHattie tho. ;^)

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 12:07 PM
Had pace at one point, it seems: -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKNt1_TJYpo

JDHibs
06-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Excellent.

Harris Craig Vine

Collins

With paddy on the bench all year round, for 10 min cameo appearances.

Hes a great player. but can we afford for him to only play a bit part? A player of his skill would be an asset but hed need to be on the pitch more for me!

lucky
06-08-2013, 12:09 PM
He would be a good signing but not a 90 min player.

blaikie
06-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Sproule like signing if true!

Coco Bryce
06-08-2013, 12:10 PM
He would be a good signing but not a 90 min player.

20-30min man max.

Fitness seems to be an issue with him?

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 12:11 PM

If we could get both then I would be delighted if that is our business completed for this transfer window.

These 2 added would give us the best squad we've had in many years.

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 12:14 PM

Why would you rather have sheils, he's probably slower? I'd love to bring in both. Don't particularly see lack of pace as a problem. If we had a couple of players a bit more comfortable on the ball in the middle we'd carry far more threat than we do at current. Hopefully paddy still has the confidence or at least wins it back.
Now get it sorted for Sunday Petrie ffs.

Benny Brazil
06-08-2013, 12:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RqQqj9L5I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The 1st, 2nd and 5th goals are crackers - just what we need in the Hibs team - if Pat can sort out his fitness he could be a real star for us.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Why would you rather have sheils, he's probably slower? I'd love to bring in both. Don't particularly see lack of pace as a problem. If we had a couple of players a bit more comfortable on the ball in the middle we'd carry far more threat than we do at current. Hopefully paddy still has the confidence or at least wins it back.
Now get it sorted for Sunday Petrie ffs.

I don't think he's slower, and I think he's a better player. Would be utterly ecstatic if we somehow got both, though.

There is a lack of pace throughout our entire squad, IMO.

Sean1875
06-08-2013, 12:18 PM
Would be a fantastic signing, make it happen :top marks

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Don't know how fit he is but bringing him off the bench to run at Hearts threadbare defence is quite a thought. Cmon Rodders get him signed!!

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2013, 12:21 PM

You a big Ian Banks fan?:greengrin

Waxy
Super-if he gets to a good fitness level

Stevie Reid
Games played in last six seasons while with Celtic (Started/As Sub )

Season League Cups[36] Europe Total
Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals

2008–09 4 0 1 0 0 0 5 0
2009–10 9 2 2 1 3 0 14 3
2010–11 25 7 5 0 1 0 31 7
2011–12 11 0 3 0 2 0 16 0
2012–13 15 0 3 0 2 0 20 0
Total 64 9 14 1 8 0 86 10

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=44179

IanM
06-08-2013, 12:22 PM
His fitness has been well documented, pretty sure some rumours regarding his social life have floated about in the past too but no doubting when he's on song he can be exciting.

How do Hibs approach this? he doesn't seem the type of player that would accept a pay as you play contract although this (if rumours are true re above) would suit Hibs better.

He'd add the flair we're missing, if it was up to me i'd get him on a 2 year and give him the opportunity to prove himself this season in terms of fitness, we need to strengthen our bench, he looks the type of player who would do that. sorts his fitness he gets more game time..

BH Hibs

Agree with this however as I've been critical of our lack of pace and fitness in other threads it has to remain a concern. On balance would still take him

Brightside
Please no.

Golden Bear
06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
He's unpredictable but at least he has the ability to beat an opponent with the ball at his feet and we ain't got many players like that.

Worth a gamble I'd say.

Hibercelona
06-08-2013, 12:29 PM
If we are signing him. Hopefully we're sensible enough to sign him up on a pay as you play type contract.

I'd hate the idea of us paying him multiple-k per week when he only manages 20 minutes here and there.

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 12:30 PM
I don't think he's slower, and I think he's a better player. Would be utterly ecstatic if we somehow got both, though.

There is a lack of pace throughout our entire squad, IMO.

IMO it could be worse, in defence were not bad. Midfield is a bit but I'd rather have paddy who can skin a player than a fast player who can't (obviously) we've had plenty though and I'm fairly sure if there are fast players available with skill they will be out with our budget.

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 12:32 PM
Please no.
Really, why? Because he didn't get much game time at Celtic? So what, how much game time do you think sparky or claros would have got last year at Celtic?

JimBHibees
06-08-2013, 12:32 PM
would agree with this.

Agree would be a great signing and exactly the sort of flair player that is desperately needed at the club. Some of the goals he has scored for Celtic and Northern Ireland have been nothing short of brilliant. One for Northern Ireland where he dribbled past 4 guys and chipped the goalie was fantastic.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 12:34 PM
IMO it could be worse, in defence were not bad. Midfield is a bit but I'd rather have paddy who can skin a player than a fast player who can't (obviously) we've had plenty though and I'm fairly sure if there are fast players available with skill they will be out with our budget.

There are plus points to both. Cairney is a cracking example of a player who can beat a man with a trick but is too slow to get away from him - there's definitely a lot to be said for someone who can just knock the ball forward and get you up the park quickly. Obviously a combination of the two would be nice, but highly unlikely!

Centre Hawf
06-08-2013, 12:37 PM
No natural width in our side except Harris, yes please.

Leishy1995
06-08-2013, 12:39 PM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G2Nvs7ZhD1A&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DG2Nvs7ZhD1A

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 12:42 PM
There are plus points to both. Cairney is a cracking example of a player who can beat a man with a trick but is too slow to get away from him - there's definitely a lot to be said for someone who can just knock the ball forward and get you up the park quickly. Obviously a combination of the two would be nice, but highly unlikely!

Good point but we've seen paddy taking on full teams of players with no one catching him. Certainly doesn't look slow on you tube. Not that I condone you tube signings, just an observation. And we still have Harris for pace when he's fit. Can't help but think he would be as close as we'll get to a latapy type of player signing.

Jack
06-08-2013, 12:45 PM
He averaged 30 minutes a match in 88 games for celtc.

If he only played that for us and it was a game changing 30 minutes I couldn't give a monkeys if that's all he ever managed!

Stevie Reid
Good point but we've seen paddy taking on full teams of players with no one catching him. Certainly doesn't look slow on you tube. Not that I condone you tube signings, just an observation. And we still have Harris for pace when he's fit. Can't help but think he would be as close as we'll get to a latapy type of player signing.

I definitely want him on board.

Bishop Hibee
Worth a punt as he's a crowd pleaser and would give us something different. On loan to Christmas be the ideal scenario. The Derry Pele :greengrin

Sylar
06-08-2013, 12:46 PM
He's perfectly predictable - he'll spend more time on the treatment table than not.

Huge gamble.

Phil D. Rolls
06-08-2013, 12:47 PM
If this guy was training with Hearts, would he be any good?

Brightside
06-08-2013, 12:47 PM
Really, why? Because he didn't get much game time at Celtic? So what, how much game time do you think sparky or claros would have got last year at Celtic?

Well documented health and attitude issues. Also i dont like buying players based on YouTube highlights. He's done nothing for years. Does he honestly strike you as a player who will put a proper shift in?

calmacuk
06-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Worth a punt as he's a crowd pleaser and would give us something different. On loan to Christmas be the ideal scenario. The Derry Pele :greengrin

Celtic released him, so he's available on a free.

Sean1875
06-08-2013, 12:49 PM
All this '20 minute/30 minute' a game stuff was this down to his physical inability to play full games or because of Lennons team choices? I struggle to believe that if we could offer him a string of games to get his fitness up he wouldnt be able to start for us and last full games consistently.

DH1875
06-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Please no.

Spot on :agree:. Honestly don't get the love in for the guy and would say he's the last thing we need. The team needs power and pace put into it, he has neither. Folk have to realize, McCourt struggled for game time at celtic, NOT because of who was in front of him but because he just can't handle it. Us or them, it doesn't matter. You won't get 90 mins out of him. At celtic he's a luxury they can throw on when their 2-3 goals up. Can anyone honestly see us being in that position any time soon because I can't.

RoYO!
06-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Definatlly no tam?

Suspicions were raised when, instead of getting his football boots on, he opted for the steel toecaps...

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Well documented health and attitude issues. Also i dont like buying players based on YouTube highlights. He's done nothing for years. Does he honestly strike you as a player who will put a proper shift in?

We have plenty of players who will put a shift in - we are lacking a creative spark in the side, and unless we produce exceptional talents ourself, then we are dealing in the market of mercurial talents like McCourt.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Yes please! Crying out for someone with a bit flair. His 30 minute average game time for Celtic might be partly down to fitness but also largely down to the fact that Lennon preferred to bring him on as a sub than start him. Last I looked, we didnt have a squad as large or as talented as Celtic's.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2013, 12:54 PM
Would love McCourt at Hibs.

Kato
06-08-2013, 12:55 PM

You won't be buying any players based on YouTube highlights.

Brightside
06-08-2013, 12:56 PM
We have plenty of players who will put a shift in - we are lacking a creative spark in the side, and unless we produce exceptional talents ourself, then we are dealing in the market of mercurial talents like McCourt.

So this is how it will go... First game against Hearts - He runs up the field beats 2 men, loses ball to the 3rd. He stops, hands on hips, puffing. Then they attack - skin Lewis and score a tap in.

Come Monday this board is full of "Lewis must go" tripe.

CropleyWasGod
06-08-2013, 12:57 PM
so this is how it will go... First game against hearts - he runs up the field beats 2 men, loses ball to the 3rd. He stops, hands on hips, puffing. Then they attack - skin lewis and score a tap in.

Come monday this board is full of "lewis must go" tripe.

where the f was robertson??

brog

Exactly right, since Z & with limited exception of Harris, & LG, i can't remember us having a player who can actually take on & beat a marker with ease. Great player to have on bench for now & if he works hard potentially a real asset.

Hermit Crab
:agree: There today short term deal may be on the cards

Straight into the team for Sunday.

carnoustiehibee
06-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Spot on :agree:. Honestly don't get the love in for the guy and would say he's the last thing we need. The team needs power and pace put into it, he has neither. Folk have to realize, McCourt struggled for game time at celtic, NOT because of who was in front of him but because he just can't handle it. Us or them, it doesn't matter. You won't get 90 mins out of him. At celtic he's a luxury they can throw on when their 2-3 goals up. Can anyone honestly see us being in that position any time soon because I can't.

Exactly like riordan at Celtic then.

We don't have anyone at the minute who can change a game or create something outa nothing. McCourt can.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 01:00 PM
So this is how it will go... First game against Hearts - He runs up the field beats 2 men, loses ball to the 3rd. He stops, hands on hips, puffing. Then they attack - skin Lewis and score a tap in.

What a fantastic contribution to the debate.

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 01:02 PM

Funnily enough I've not seen a debate like this since our last signing from Celtic. He might not work as hard as the rest of the team but when you have as many holding midfielders as us you have to get the right balance. We've had to many negative players in our team for too long and we all know it.

Would you rather hold out and maybe get someone like done AOB Galbraith?

blackpoolhibs

There's no way Lewis would get skinned, its much more likely to be Hanlon.

Heisenberg

What happened to the rest of the team?

seven nowt
Great player. Just what we need. Sign him up. :thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
06-08-2013, 01:03 PM

We need more hardworking journeymen. Down with skill.

J-C
06-08-2013, 01:04 PM

You don't always need pace when you've got pure talent, Thomson showed that on sunday.

Brightside
What a fantastic contribution to the debate.

I dont want us signing lazy, unfit players. (No matter how many keepy-uppies they can do)

YehButNoBut

That must be a first blaming a player for us losing a goal when he has not even signed for us. :greengrin

Diclonius
What happened to the rest of the team?

Who cares, it's all Lewis' fault!! :grr:

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 01:06 PM
You don't always need pace when you've got pure talent, Thomson showed that on sunday.

I know, and at no point did I say that McCourt's signing wouldn't be of value. I simply said that it wouldn't address one of the issues that we currently have.

I'd be delighted if he signed.

Brightside
That must be a first blaming a player for us losing a goal when he has not even signed for us. :greengrin

:na na:

J-C

We've been crying out for attack minded midfielders, we get a chance of one and you're still no happy.:confused:

J-C
06-08-2013, 01:07 PM
I know, and at no point did I say that McCourt's signing wouldn't be of value. I simply said that it wouldn't address one of the issues that we currently have.

I'd be delighted if he signed.

Pace isn't everything as AOB showed us.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I dont want us signing lazy, unfit players. (No matter how many keepy-uppies they can do)

I'm happy for us to try and address one of the major issues in our current squad by signing him.

Of course he has shortcomings, but he is also a potential match winner.

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Who cares, it's all Lewis' fault!! :grr:

Never mind who's fault it is, there's plenty time to get back into this. C'mon the Hibs, heids up... :flag:

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 01:09 PM
Pace isn't everything as AOB showed us.

I didn't say it was. But we do have a chronic lack of it in our squad.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Never mind who's fault it is, there's plenty time to get back into this. C'mon the Hibs, heids up... :flag:

:agree: Murray on for Miller.

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 01:12 PM

If we lose another one im away

JimBHibees
06-08-2013, 01:14 PM
There's no way Lewis would get skinned, its much more likely to be Hanlon.

:faf::faf:

bandylegs_jLeighton
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Mmm. I think he's the sort of player that would be best slotting into a good attacking team. Where other players create space for him by pulling defenders away with good runs.
In this current team I can see us giving him the ball 60 yards from goal, expecting him to beat everyone on the park to score (unless Fenlon changes his tactics).

In saying that I think he'd be a good acquisition overall, and he might actually provide some excitement in a team that's completely devoid of any entertainment.

scuttle
06-08-2013, 01:16 PM
Id have him,along with Deano and Webster then it would have the makings of a really good sqaud. A bit of work from Pat on those tactics/formations and who knows

DH1875
06-08-2013, 01:18 PM
We've been crying out for attack minded midfielders, we get a chance of one and you're still no happy.:confused:

I can play attacking midfield so should we sign me? I'm not saying he's not got talent but I'd say I'm fitter than him and could beat him in a 100 yard dash (and I'm not a professional sportsman). Are we gonna play him for 45 mins every week and sub him at half time? What if he's no scored a hatrick yet and we're getting beat? or do we wait till 30 mins to go when we're getting beat 2-3 nothing and throw him on? If you think he's gonna grab us by the nuts and drive us on, your very muck mistaken.

Diclonius
06-08-2013, 01:19 PM
:agree: Murray on for Miller.

Aw FFS Thomson that was never a penalty you cheating ****. :grr:

..So who to take it, Collins or Vine? :greengrin

BarneyK
06-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Aw FFS Thomson that was never a penalty you cheating ****. :grr:

..So who to take it, Collins or Vine? :greengrin

It'll have to be Collins, Vine has gone down injured doing keepie-uppies. Petrie!! :grr:

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2013, 01:29 PM
If we are signing him. Hopefully we're sensible enough to sign him up on a pay as you play type contract.

I'd hate the idea of us paying him multiple-k per week when he only manages 20 minutes here and there.

His fitness has been well documented, pretty sure some rumours regarding his social life have floated about in the past too but no doubting when he's on song he can be exciting.

How do Hibs approach this? he doesn't seem the type of player that would accept a pay as you play contract although this (if rumours are true re above) would suit Hibs better.

He'd add the flair we're missing, if it was up to me i'd get him on a 2 year and give him the opportunity to prove himself this season in terms of fitness, we need to strengthen our bench, he looks the type of player who would do that. sorts his fitness he gets more game time..

I have asked before but never really received an answer. Apart from Gearge Best a year or so ago, when has anyone ever been signed on a pay per play basis?

scoopyboy
06-08-2013, 01:30 PM

What was the final score?

Diclonius
06-08-2013, 01:32 PM

6-1 Hibs. Their goal was a last minute consolation, therefore it's fresh in the minds of the anti-Lewis brigade.

lochhibs
06-08-2013, 01:33 PM
i canny believe the negativity of some people regarding mccourt.we have very little attacking options and it looks like harris could be out.he's exactly what we need.did some of yous not see the game on sunday?

Craig_in_Prague
06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Seemingly at training Pat tried a game of McCourt vs. the rest of the Squad.
Score was 19-0 to McCourt, they played for 60mins only and McCourt sat out the last half hour, coz he needed a ciggy.
Fact.

J-C
06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I didn't say it was. But we do have a chronic lack of it in our squad.

I do agree about our pace but don't think it's general pace we lack, more the pace and tempo of our play, we seem to take an age to get the ball from player to player, it's all a but static at times.

Speedway
06-08-2013, 01:35 PM
i canny believe the negativity of some people regarding mccourt.we have very little attacking options and it looks like harris could be out.he's exactly what we need.did some of yous not see the game on sunday?

Whoever called him an 'overrated show pony' is very discerning.

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Seemingly at training Pat tried a game of McCourt vs. the rest of the Squad.
Score was 19-0 to McCourt, they played for 60mins only and McCourt sat out the last half hour, coz he needed a ciggy.
Fact.

But did Pat play 2 up front?

Aldo
06-08-2013, 01:38 PM
He can smoke as many as he likes but as long as he does it in the park I don't give a flying ****.

We are trying to bring more QUALITY to the team and for mr McCourt is in that bracket.

Get him signed up and prove all the doubters on here wrong.

ian cruise
06-08-2013, 01:41 PM
Funnily enough I've not seen a debate like this since our last signing from Celtic.

Richie Towell???? Just kidding

As I said on another thread where thus was being discussed, Celtic fans I know love him. Yes there's questions over his work rate in training but I think he's worth the gamble. We've been crying out for someone to excite the fans and he is a player who can do that! Better than McGinn and look how well he's done. Maybe if he knows he's playing every week it will give him a reason to work harder in training.

Craig_in_Prague
06-08-2013, 01:41 PM
But did Pat play 2 up front?

Yep, but only when Paddy sat out.

Long balls just kept getting over hit by a fraction, Collins almost got his head onto one long cross aimed at him......the late lunch in the canteen was the only service he has had at Hibs so far.
The side that lost though, retained the ball @ 50% of their throwings. See, it's all about steady progress!

Keith_M
06-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Let me get this straight, we're signing an aging ex-groundsman to cure our flair and speed problems?

I did read this guy was a bit of a jack of all trades but this is ridiculous!!!

Although I suppose it means we can add some detail to THIS (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?220932-Tam-McCourt) thread.

Craig_in_Prague
He can smoke as many as he likes but as long as he does it in the park I don't give a flying ****.We are trying to bring more QUALITY to the team and for mr McCourt is in that bracket.

Get him signed up and prove all the doubters on here wrong.

You want him to smoke on the park? :-)

Brightside

1-1 and i lost all my savings betting on a cannae lose 2/1 from Bet victor.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 01:44 PM
I do agree about our pace but don't think it's general pace we lack, more the pace and tempo of our play, we seem to take an age to get the ball from player to player, it's all a but static at times.

I agree with that also, but it's also good to have at least one out and out pace merchant in the squad too, though preferably a couple.

bandylegs_jLeighton
06-08-2013, 01:49 PM
See he wants to go to America so it would only be a short term deal if any.

AngusHibby
06-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Quality player, but a luxury a team like ours can't afford? Bit like Adel Taarabt at QPR last season, not sure if he'll graft for us.

Actually what am I on about, SIGN HIM UP!

Evergreen86
06-08-2013, 01:52 PM

Where has these players putting in a shift got us so far? I couldnt care if PM walked in circles for 29 minutes before getting the baw taking a mazey and pumpin one right in the top bag!!

Lets go for unpredictable..... Get him in! :flag:

EdinMike
06-08-2013, 01:56 PM
*Stepping out of my Delorean*

Hey is this the year 2009 ? I hear we are after this Paddy McCourt lad from Celtic ! :cb

Pray4Marc
06-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I have asked before but never really received an answer. Apart from Gearge Best a year or so ago, when has anyone ever been signed on a pay per play basis?

Was Ray Wilkins not on a pay per play deal?.

Aldo
06-08-2013, 01:59 PM
You want him to smoke on the park? :-)

If he produces the goods I couldnae give a hoot (Kiddin). ;-)

Craig_in_Prague
06-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Was Ray Wilkins not on a pay per play deal?.

Yes maybe, but how much again did he pay us ?

Heisenberg
06-08-2013, 02:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23591692?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like it would only be short term should he sign.

Keith_M
06-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Listen, if this guy spends 90 minutes leaning against the Hearts goalposts smokin his fags and the ball bounces of his noggin in the last minute for a 1-0 win, he'll be a hero to me.

Just a shame that Lewis already ruined it by letting them score early.

CropleyWasGod
06-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Listen, if this guy spends 90 minutes leaning against the Hearts goalposts smokin his fags and the ball bounces of his noggin in the last minute for a 1-0 win, he'll be a hero to me.

Just a shame that Lewis already ruined it by letting them score early.

No chance.

He's a mile offside.

hibsbollah
06-08-2013, 02:11 PM
The one player I've been wanting us to get for well over a year now.

Would be the best signing since Stokes.

RoscoHibby
06-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Absolutely mental some of the negativity on here about this.

Im personally delighted he's training with us as it would hopefully put us in the frame to sign him up.

Of course he's a maverick and very likely not gonna defend much, but thats is not what we need. We looked pretty good on sunday......in the 1st 2/3s of the pitch, then next to hopeless at the business end. Crying out for this sorta guy, really hope we can get him.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Absolutely mental some the number of Yams on this thread.

Fixed that for you...

Brightside
06-08-2013, 02:16 PM
No chance.

He's a mile offside.

Hanlon kept him on!

CropleyWasGod
06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Hanlon kept him on!

Wrong end, mate.

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23591692?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like it would only be short term should he sign.

Their season doesnt start until next March so should he sign Im sure it could be a deal until the end of January, February.

Whilst Im not that keen on him, Id hope hes training with us with the view to discussing a move. Im really not a fan of handing out the use of our training facilities without any benefit to the club.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Less enthused after reading that BBC article. Would still take him on a short deal though.

Brightside
06-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Wrong end, mate.

That was the joke obv....

Spike Mandela
06-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Wouldn't get too excited. McManus trained with us for a week and thought "**** this I'm getting outta here":cb

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Hanlon kept him on!

Off to Everton, £2m.

micka_weer
06-08-2013, 02:27 PM

Chic Charnley

Brightside
06-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Off to Everton, £2m.

Only a matter of time BH. :wink:

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Personally don't rate him, always thought McGinn was better when they were both there and tbh his fitness problems alone make this a very risky signing.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

basehibby
06-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Certainly the kind of direct flair player we need to add to the mix.

Encouraging of the notion that Fenlon does actually know what he's doing contrary to the current zeitgeist of the Hibees masiff - assuming he's in decent enough shape, would love to see him signed in time to rip the Jambos a new one on Sunday :pray:

lucky
06-08-2013, 02:44 PM
When was the last time we had a player who genuine skill and ability to beat a man? He is the sort of player you pay to watch

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Personally don't rate him, always thought McGinn was better when they were both there and tbh his fitness problems alone make this a very risky signing.

Happy to be proven wrong though.

the link to bbc also had darren ferguson saying he'd hoped he would have signed. if hes fit enough and good enough for him then i think he must be fit. also since paddy has been at Celtic they've always had a lot of attacking options so playing time would always be limited fags or no fags.

flash
06-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Whoever called him an 'overrated show pony' is very discerning.

Maybe we will make a last ditch bid for Sparky instead.

KiddA
06-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Great another Irish player :tin hat:

sambajustice
06-08-2013, 02:55 PM
Less enthused after reading that BBC article. Would still take him on a short deal though.

Possibly just an attempt at getting someone to offer him a deal sooner rather than later. Get him signed before he goes away...

Iceman1875
06-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Mccourt and another striker then we are set on the playing side IMO.

Aldo
06-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Possibly just an attempt at getting someone to offer him a deal sooner rather than later. Get him signed before he goes away...

Tbh if he was going to sign for Peterborough he would of by now... Don't think wages down there would be a problem.

Mmmm I will train with Hibs to try and get them to pay me more.... Nah.

Think we have a good chance of getting him.

Hope so like I say he's a game changer!

WestStandMoaner
06-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Id have him,along with Deano and Webster then it would have the makings of a really good sqaud. A bit of work from Pat on those tactics/formations and who knows

A bit of work from Pat on those tactics, thats the problem mate, Pat does not know how to change tactics, as for McCourt, we should have had a winger in weeks ago, instead we are raking about looking for someone due to injuries:flag:
having had my moan, I would take McCourt short term to give us options I only hope Paddy does not take a nose bleed by playing an attacking player

Golden Bear
06-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Wouldn't get too excited. McManus trained with us for a week and thought "**** this I'm getting outta here":cb

Ah but McCourt will be different.

Some players are destined to find their perfect Club - a match made in heaven perhaps.

So if McCourt is as some folk say lazy, has no pace, is injury prone, likes a bevvy and is tactically naive then welcome to Hibernian FC (Pat)

:wink:

edinburghhibee
06-08-2013, 03:55 PM
I spent a bit of time with paddy on a stag doo in magaluf and the man is mad, loves the drink and sombrero's were his thing that weekend from what I remember. I was at him that entire weekend that hibs were the best team for him.

Great guy decent footballer and if we can keep him happy and confident he would be a smashing signing.

Spike Mandela
06-08-2013, 03:58 PM
I spent a bit of time with paddy on a stag doo in magaluf and the man is mad, loves the drink and sombrero's were his thing that weekend from what I remember. I was at him that entire weekend that hibs were the best team for him.

Great guy decent footballer and if we can keep him happy and confident he would be a smashing signing.

So if it comes off it's down to you. Good work fella!:cb:aok:

bigwheel
06-08-2013, 03:58 PM

Great to know he thinks about nutrition like a good modern athlete :wink:

NAE NOOKIE
06-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Would take him just because we lack flair of any sort, apart from Alex Harris. It would be a risk though, the guy could be a lazy waster who will go on to prove why celtic saw him as a bit part player. Or he could be a man knowing he is reaching his last chance to prove what he can do before the prospect of a big money move is gone forever.

Players who liked a fag: Jimmy Greaves, Socratese, Russell Latapy :greengrin

joe breezy
06-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Would take him just because we lack flair of any sort, apart from Alex Harris. It would be a risk though, the guy could be a lazy waster who will go on to prove why celtic saw him as a bit part player. Or he could be a man knowing he is reaching his last chance to prove what he can do before the prospect of a big money move is gone forever.

Players who liked a fag: Jimmy Greaves, Socratese, Russell Latapy :greengrin

Justin Fashanu :duck:

Sean1875
06-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Great to know he thinks about nutrition like a good modern athlete :wink:

Sparky spent the summer in Magaluf too, dont think wed be complaining too much about his nutrirional intake if he were to sign :greengrin

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 04:14 PM
If a chance came to sign Paddy McCourt as a free agent it would be a no brainer. Infact if we all chip in we could keep him in fags as part of the deal!

bigwheel
06-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Sparky spent the summer in Magaluf too, dont think wed be complaining too much about his nutrirional intake if he were to sign :greengrin

True ! I guess a few weeks of a year blow out on holidays / stag is manageable - it is much more important what they do during a normal month ...

snooky
06-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Justin Fashanu :duck:

:tsk tsk:

snooky
06-08-2013, 04:29 PM
When was the last time we had a player who genuine skill and ability to beat a man? He is the sort of player you pay to watch

LG? Ivan?

Golden Bear
06-08-2013, 04:46 PM

:agree:

If he does sign then I hope Mr Fenlon doesn't see a future for him as some sort of defensive midfield player or even as a full back (either side of course!)

Squealing pig
06-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Please sign paddy paddy

Borderhibbie76
06-08-2013, 04:52 PM

If he does sign then I hope Mr Fenlon doesn't see a future for him as some sort of defensive midfield player or even as a full back (either side of course!)
With Fenlon's tactical prowess, I'm sure he will see him as a perfect RB???:wink: Joking aside, I think he could do a real job for us and hope he is signed in time for the Wonga-less Dome on Sunday!!

Thecat23
06-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Can he run with a ball in a forward direction - Check!

Please sign.

Keith_M
06-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Where is everyone getting the notion that he's going to sign for Hibs? The newspaper article quoted only says he's in training with a view to getting his fitness up.

:dunno:

I'm starting to think that's the reason we built East Mains, so players can use it to improve their fitness and go elsewhere.

PeeJay
06-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Bit wary of about the almost blanket acceptance on here that this will be a good move (for us) - in view of many comments about the Malmö game where we were humiliated mainly/partly because we were unfit and not yet up to match practice, how come many Net posters think this guy can just waltz in and do a job for us - based on what exactly? Apparently he really wants to go to the States ... think we should leave well alone!

MyJo
06-08-2013, 05:23 PM
Where is everyone getting the notion that he's going to sign for Hibs? The newspaper article quoted only says he's in training with a view to getting his fitness up.

I'm starting to think that's the reason we built East Mains, so players can use it to improve their fitness and go elsewhere.

Petrie doesn't allow players to use East Mains unless we're interested in signing them. We refused to let Riordan train there while he was without a club and i seem to remember Thomson being refused a similar request until he we was considered a signing target so i have every confidence that McCourt is being...well...courted by our facilities :greengrin

Even if its a 6 month deal until the new MLS season starts and we can work on getting a replacement in January if we need it if he can bring some creativity to the side and win us matches then its a no brainer for me.

Plus if he cant last more than 60 minutes in a game it might force Fenlon into making a substitution before 85 minutes has passed for a change :greengrin

Pretty Boy
06-08-2013, 05:40 PM
I take it we won't be singing the same song Celtc fans sang about him?

Speedway
06-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Maybe we will make a last ditch bid for Sparky instead.

£150,000 + the currency we're rich in, 2,000 nippy online posts.

S4uzee
06-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Paddy McCourts fenian Army?

silverhibee
06-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Who.?

Emerald
06-08-2013, 05:55 PM
I would take him on a short term contract with a view to extending it. If he is off to the MLS in six months I wouldn't touch him. If we are to progress as a club we could do without these ultra short term signings and look for someone who maybe comes in on loan with a view to a longer term deal. We would be back to square one by Christmas, probably when he gets fit. I've no problem in him giving a shot at earning a longer term deal though.

carnoustiehibee
06-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Don't sell McCourt, Ma paddy McCourt, I just don't think you'll understand.
And if you sell McCourt, Ma paddy McCourt there's gona be a riot on yer hands.

snooky
06-08-2013, 06:16 PM
Who.?

Peter Capaldi? :dunno:

trev the hat
06-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Not for me, when was his last full 90 min, if he can't get a contract down south with his US intentions tell him to bolt & join Bannatynes like the rest of us. IMO you should be a Hibs player before any access to East Mains is permitted & if PF offers a short term deal it speaks volumes on what he has assembled thus far for the campaign ahead.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2013, 06:32 PM
3 pages over on Kickback about McCourt, everyone convincing themselves he's terrible.

Whether he signs for Hibs or not, he's got more skill in his right pinky toe than any footballer in either of Hibs or Hearts' squad.

Hearts fans really are hurting this summer. It's quite cute actually.

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Not for me, when was his last full 90 min, if he can't get a contract down south with his US intentions tell him to bolt & join Bannatynes like the rest of us. IMO you should be a Hibs player before any access to East Mains is permitted & if PF offers a short term deal it speaks volumes on what he has assembled thus far for the campaign ahead.

maybe he would love to play 90 minutes, who knows. could be just because Celtic have other players to use. he was offered a contract down south so its not that he can't get. if pat decides paddy would improve the team even short term then i'm sure we'd all be delighted if he was to be a success. with harris and cairney out i'd say it speaks no volumes, mute in fact:confused:

joe breezy
06-08-2013, 06:39 PM
I was reading about Ferguson at Posh saying he really wants to sign him, this was just 3 weeks ago - but Barry Fry saying they may have to accept its not happening

I think they had him for a brief time on trial or training there too

I agree regarding the facilities - Hibs training ground shouldn't be a Fitness First for whoever fancies it

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 06:45 PM
I was reading about Ferguson at Posh saying he really wants to sign him, this was just 3 weeks ago - but Barry Fry saying they may have to accept its not happening

I think they had him for a brief time on trial or training there too

I agree regarding the facilities - Hibs training ground shouldn't be a Fitness First for whoever fancies it

fairly sure thats not the case. if paddy was there simply to train and catch up wi pat i'm sure we wouldn't have heard through sky sports about it.

Ricky Bobby
06-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Although we could do with all the decent players we can get, I would like to see some pace injected into the side and Paddy does'nt bring that.

hibs supporter
06-08-2013, 07:11 PM
just read doesn't want to go mls till start of season so he could come here till January/febuary

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2013, 07:24 PM
3 pages over on Kickback about McCourt, everyone convincing themselves he's terrible.

Whether he signs for Hibs or not, he's got more skill in his right pinky toe than any footballer in either of Hibs or Hearts' squad.

Hearts fans really are hurting this summer. It's quite cute actually.:faf: he really doesn't. If he did he would still be at Celtic. Thomson, Taiwo and Williams are easily as good in their positions as he is.

Eyrie
06-08-2013, 07:51 PM
So we let him use us to keep fit whilst he waits for a move to the US and in exchange he may indulge us with a good fifteen minutes every three or four games?

We needed width even before Harris got hurt, but I'll need to see more from McCourt than he showed for Septic before I'm pleased with this move. And that's assuming he does sign.

SurferRosa
06-08-2013, 07:52 PM

Hearts fans really are hurting this summer. It's quite cute actually.

WE could have Messi training with us and those roasters would try and convince themselves he`s pish. I think it`s called envy.

They just want to sign a player.............like proper big teams do.

West hamBERNIAN
06-08-2013, 08:15 PM
:faf: he really doesn't. If he did he would still be at Celtic. Thomson, Taiwo and Williams are easily as good in their positions as he is.

:rolleyes: no, no there not

my mistake
just noticed you said, in there positions. maybe so. yet, we are needing a player in his position and he is about as good as we'll get.

Pedantic_Hibee
06-08-2013, 08:20 PM
:faf: he really doesn't. If he did he would still be at Celtic. Thomson, Taiwo and Williams are easily as good in their positions as he is.

I meant skill as in, literally. Not as in his skills set. I've never witnessed any of the three you mention above gliding past four or five players and passing the ball into the net. And not just once either.

That's what I was getting at.

Mark79
06-08-2013, 08:26 PM
Can he run with a ball in a forward direction - Check!

Please sign.

Couple of months at east mains should get that coached out of him.

Sanger
06-08-2013, 08:28 PM
A p**h Hearts team p**hed themselves when Harris run at them with about 10% of Paddy's skill. Worth signing him just to rip them on Sunday.

rcarter1
06-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Couple of months at east mains should get that coached out of him.

Good point, never been, are the pitches cordoned off into side to side strips to prevent forward movement?

SELL EAST MAINS!! :cb

Kato
06-08-2013, 08:50 PM

Have you considered the possibility he's being considered given Hibs injury situation.

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I meant skill as in, literally. Not as in his skills set. I've never witnessed any of the three you mention above gliding past four or five players and passing the ball into the net. And not just once either.

That's what I was getting at.He wont do that often if he signs for us, again if he done it weekly he would still be with Celtic. Sorry but I just cant get exited about signing this guy.

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 08:58 PM
If he signed for another premier league team we would be going nuts on here saying why we should be interested and we are getting overlooked again FACT, I'm convinced folk just like moaning or generally being negative toward Hibs.

truehibernian
06-08-2013, 09:01 PM
If he signed for another premier league team we would be going nuts on here saying why we should be interested and we are getting overlooked again FACT, I'm convinced folk just like moaning or generally being negative toward Hibs.

Or it's proper title 'Sportsound Syndrome' mate 😉

joe breezy
06-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Hibs are pish compared to Celtic, who's been taking the acid to think that we should be rejecting any players not good enough for Celtic?

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 09:02 PM

I don't know who folk are expecting us to sign who will be any better, we were a 7th placed team in an very average league, we will not be signing any world superstars, we leave that to Hearts...............................once upon a time anyway.

trev the hat
06-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Have you considered the possibility he's being considered given Hibs injury situation.

Given his lack of game time & match fitness theres every possibilty he could well add to Hibs injury situation and more importantly wage bill. Imo he doesnt want to be at Hibs & i for one hope he doesnt pull on the original green.

jodjam
06-08-2013, 09:13 PM
A bit of work from Pat on those tactics, thats the problem mate, Pat does not know how to change tactics, as for McCourt, we should have had a winger in weeks ago, instead we are raking about looking for someone due to injuries:flag:
having had my moan, I would take McCourt short term to give us options I only hope Paddy does not take a nose bleed by playing an attacking player

Welcome mark. I bet rod is delighted you have finally joined hibs net. His email inbox should be a lot lighter now you can have a moan here :)

Andy74
06-08-2013, 09:14 PM

More to do with Harris and Cairney out for probably months each.

Kato
06-08-2013, 09:15 PM
I'm convinced folk just like moaning or generally being negative toward Hibs.

.and some them are just plain ol' jambos.

Kato
06-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Given his lack of game time & match fitness theres every possibilty he could well add to Hibs injury situation and more importantly wage bill. Imo he doesnt want to be at Hibs & i for one hope he doesnt pull on the original green.

Well be like that then.

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 09:19 PM
.and some them are just plain ol' jambos.

There is that, seems an increase lately, maybe they have started to defect already :greengrin

trev the hat
06-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Well be like that then.

:-)

Paisley Hibby
06-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Why Paddy McCourt? Our signings/targets (if he is one) seem to be increasingly random? I'd love to think there was a plan but I just can't see one.

ekhibee
06-08-2013, 09:27 PM
The goals I've seen him score are brilliant, nearly every one of them, but the cynic in me just can't help thinking he's been brought in to save Fenlon's job, and indirectly to save Petrie and the board money. Fenlon and him know each other from way back apparentely. If he scores any goals like the ones I've seen then he'll be a welcome addition, but there is a question over his fitness. I'm not going to critisize him if he smokes though, that'd be hypocritical in my case!

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Why Paddy McCourt? Our signings/targets (if he is one) seem to be increasingly random? I'd love to think there was a plan but I just can't see one.

Cause we need width wingers someone that can beat a man etc, I'd say that's why and don't see it as random at all

MyJo
06-08-2013, 09:30 PM

He is the new Cillian Sheridan :greengrin

spurshibby
06-08-2013, 09:35 PM
i remember Didier agathe played for 3 months and he done ok, give paddy mcourt a chance,always negativity on this site about players who have not kicked a ball for us yet,,,give the lads our great support:flag:"until they ****** up"

monktonharp
06-08-2013, 09:44 PM
So we let him use us to keep fit whilst he waits for a move to the US and in exchange he may indulge us with a good fifteen minutes every three or four games?

We needed width even before Harris got hurt, but I'll need to see more from McCourt than he showed for Septic before I'm pleased with this move. And that's assuming he does sign.

so, he should do a bit of training at EM, to have a look at him?:confused:

dp00
06-08-2013, 09:50 PM
We could sign ronaldo and some folk wouldnt be happy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Rossco1875
06-08-2013, 10:11 PM
We could sign ronaldo and some folk wouldnt be happy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Bit fat and a bit old now!

Heisenberg
06-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Could do with him signing before Sunday. We lacked creative spark against Motherwell from midfield and that was with Harris in the team.

joe breezy
06-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Should sign him for one game only at least....

Sunday

Jones28
06-08-2013, 10:34 PM
I think he'd be a great signing

leggeto
06-08-2013, 11:10 PM
sign him now ffs :flag:

hibees 7062
06-08-2013, 11:16 PM
[QUOTE=SMAXXA;3707671]If he signed for another premier league team we would be going nuts on here saying why we should be interested and we are getting overlooked again FACT, I'm convinced folk just like moaning or generally being negative toward Hibs.[/QUOT

Shields Hibee
06-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Always the pay as you play option if wages could be a problem to Rod. May not be the player he was but if with Harris out of action, we don't have much creativity and if Paddy is available then we should go for him.

If he got the winner on Sunday & then never gets seen for weeks on end, I won't complain that much!

KWJ
06-08-2013, 11:56 PM
right now he'll be far from fit. At his peak he'll not be fit, get him in even if it's just short-term he'll raise spirits and get bums on seats, and off them, and back on them, and off them. aye.

GGTTH

Purehibee_MYB
07-08-2013, 01:49 AM

Yep more of 'Fenlon out, [insert name here] in', more attacks on Petrie and more of the 'That's the last straw I'm not going back to Easter Road.'

It looks as if it's going to be a short term deal, so to those who are moaning about him signing why not take a punt on a guy who clearly has talent there somewhere.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2013, 03:02 AM
Would be great to sign him and Deeks, Gaz & Stokesy back. He could supply them. In George Street.

Hibs Giant
07-08-2013, 03:39 AM
Great player. Just what we need. Sign him up. :thumbsup:

In a nutshell :agree:

Waxy
07-08-2013, 05:44 AM
A few discouraging yams on here. Take him on a short contract. What we got to lose?

lucky
07-08-2013, 06:30 AM
So he is unfit, bad attitude, one trick pony, Celtic reject, injury prone, not played enough games, waste of a wage, cheap option, brought in to save Pats job. It's no wonder ER is a tough ground for Hibs to play. We are an average SPFL team with above SPFL attendances. We are not the big club many here think we are. It's 50 years since we won the league and double that for the cup. A reality check is needed. Players like McCourt are not world beaters but will improve our current team

Onion
07-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Yep more of 'Fenlon out, [insert name here] in', more attacks on Petrie and more of the 'That's the last straw I'm not going back to Easter Road.'

It looks as if it's going to be a short term deal, so to those who are moaning about him signing why not take a punt on a guy who clearly has talent there somewhere.

Simple fact is a lot of Hibs fans are frustrated and disillusioned. Fundamental stuff like poor culture, poor leadership, poor manager etc etc. A .net poll has just confirmed 2/3rds want the manager out, so hardly surprising that another borderline signing fails to capture the imagination.

Moon unit
07-08-2013, 07:39 AM
For the first time in....years,we are linked to a crowd pleaser,rather than yet another run o the mill journeyman !.....please stop moaning guys....FFs!!!

California-Hibs
07-08-2013, 08:30 AM
For the first time in....years,we are linked to a crowd pleaser,rather than yet another run o the mill journeyman !.....please stop moaning guys....FFs!!!

Exactly!

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2013, 08:37 AM

Yip i'd agree with that, with Harris out now for a while, we could do with someone who can go past a player. Its a short deal by all accounts, and should get us through until Harris is back.

I'd take a chance on this if it has a chance to happen, or we could go in for John Rankin, he seems to be out of favour now at Dundee United. :wink:

Craig_in_Prague
07-08-2013, 08:40 AM

If you want entertainment, go to the cinema.

Iceman1875
07-08-2013, 08:55 AM

Petty reply buddy.

McCourt would give us excitement and flair, its getting the right deal for the club because I'd imagine he would be up there with our higher earners.

hibees 7062
07-08-2013, 09:03 AM

:agree: This

ahibby
07-08-2013, 09:09 AM
So he is unfit, bad attitude, one trick pony, Celtic reject, injury prone, not played enough games, waste of a wage, cheap option, brought in to save Pats job. It's no wonder ER is a tough ground for Hibs to play. We are an average SPFL team with above SPFL attendances. We are not the big club many here think we are. It's 50 years since we won the league and double that for the cup. A reality check is needed. Players like McCourt are not world beaters but will improve our current team

What do you mean by average? Do you mean the mean average or the median or mode? Take out Celtic and Partick or St Mirren (the highest and lowest supported clubs in the SPL) then we would be above average. However I can see why they are looking at McCourt as a temporary stand in before he moves to the MSL, and while I'd rather have a fit Harris, McCourt would infill nicely for a few games, thank you very much.

Craig_in_Prague
07-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Petty reply buddy.

McCourt would give us excitement and flair, its getting the right deal for the club because I'd imagine he would be up there with our higher earners.

chill !

I am a fat bald man that used to manage Killie.
what do I know, eh ?

ahibby
07-08-2013, 09:18 AM
:clapper:

what do I know, eh ?[/QUOTE]

Aldo
07-08-2013, 09:29 AM
chill !

what do I know, eh ?

Tee Hee!! ;-)

Phil D. Rolls
07-08-2013, 10:03 AM
chill !

what do I know, eh ?

As much as Alan Durban.

bighairyfaeleith
07-08-2013, 10:10 AM
chill !

what do I know, eh ?

Brilliant, total whoosh moment

Keith_M
07-08-2013, 10:13 AM

Petty reply buddy.

Best whoosh moment for a few weeks at least

:thumbsup:

green glory
07-08-2013, 10:23 AM
EEN reporting Fenlon wants to sign him.

Houchy
07-08-2013, 10:24 AM
chill !

what do I know, eh ?

You sound a bit like me although rather than bald, I prefer to say I'm getting "more head" in my old age.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2013, 10:31 AM
You sound a bit like me although rather than bald, I prefer to say I'm getting "more head" in my old age.

I wish I was getting more head.

MB62
07-08-2013, 10:38 AM
EEN reporting Fenlon wants to sign him.

Have to say, I'm in the 'sign him short term' camp as we need somebody who can take on and go past defenders. With Harris injured, I think he could do a job for us, plus I think we are expecting too much from Harris anyway, he's still just a bairn learning his trade.

silverhibee
07-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Would be great to sign him and Deeks, Gaz & Stokesy back. He could supply them. In George Street.

There is plenty of the current squad he can supply up in George Street Bob.

Robinho08
07-08-2013, 11:33 AM

Hear, hear! :agree:

Hope we get him, even if on a short term deal. :aok:

jonny
07-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Have to say, I'm in the 'sign him short term' camp as we need somebody who can take on and go past defenders. With Harris injured, I think he could do a job for us, plus I think we are expecting too much from Harris anyway, he's still just a bairn learning his trade.

Exactly this. Every time I log on the first thing I do is check the title of this thread in the hope it's been changed to "McCourt signs"

Pretty Boy
07-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Yip i'd agree with that, with Harris out now for a while, we could do with someone who can go past a player. Its a short deal by all accounts, and should get us through until Harris is back.

I'd take a chance on this if it has a chance to happen, or we could go in for John Rankin, he seems to be out of favour now at Dundee United. :wink:

Rankins out of favour?

Surely not! Rankin is a modern day Johan Cryuff who only failed to shine at Hibs because of our terrible fans.

Johnny Clash
07-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Every time I've seen him play I've always been impressed

He seems to play for the jersey and let's face it - that's been sadly lacking of late at ER.

So I hope a deal can be worked out and McCourt does the business for us. It's someone with his gutsy temperament who can also lead the team on the field!

joe breezy
07-08-2013, 12:15 PM
I remember watching an ICT Celtc game and he came on 15 minutes to go and beat 3 men and scored a cracker. Completely changed the game

Gordy M
07-08-2013, 12:21 PM
To the posters who say we shouldnt sign him, im interested to know who else, in our budget, and can change a game, like he can, is available out there? Every other team, apart from celtic, in the spl would have mccourt in their team.

joe breezy
07-08-2013, 12:32 PM
All of a sudden I'm not so keen after reading this report.

However I suppose it's all very charitable of us to offer training facilities to waifs and strays

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23591692

All of a sudden I feel like I'm in Groundhog Day

Hibiza
07-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Hopefully welcome to the "Derry Pele" :flag:

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Get him in and get him unleashed on Sunday with an hour gone. He'll rip Savco-elect a brand new ersehole.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Sign him up :agree:

California-Hibs
07-08-2013, 12:48 PM
Looking for a Speedway "he's signing don't worry" special!

Elephant Stone
07-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Yes please.

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2013, 01:08 PM
Just been told he's passed the medical and signed, dont shoot the messenger.

green glory
07-08-2013, 01:09 PM

Sauce?

Pedantic_Hibee

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/732076/732076,1327034401,12/stock-photo-don-t-shoot-the-messenger-93406048.jpg

blackpoolhibs
Sauce?

If its bollox i will name him. :greengrin

J-C
07-08-2013, 01:11 PM

How long is the contract G, if you know that is.

Ozyhibby
07-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Two surprises in one sentence. :-)

Vault Boy
07-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Great news if true! :aok:

:gun:

Billy Whizz
07-08-2013, 01:13 PM

I believe you, you never write anything other than if its 100% correct

Aldo
07-08-2013, 01:15 PM

Is this another one of your 'Teases' G?? ;-)