View Full Version : Paddy McCourt trains with Hibs, signs for Barnsley

Pages : 1 2 [3]

sleeping giant
09-08-2013, 06:03 PM
TQM every time. 😬

Finger on the pulse :-)

hibeesjoe
09-08-2013, 06:07 PM
knowing Hibs, we will probably sign him till march but He will be unfit and useless till about january and then picks up an injury till march.

IWasThere2016
09-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Yon Falkirk keeper who we wanted when Yogi took over. I distinctly recall you telling us you'd heard from within the Tannadice boardroom that Mallo had signed for definite.

I told everyone. And it didn't happen, he went to Spain or something. And I looked a right welt. Again. :greengrin

Nah - no me :wink:

SaulGoodman
09-08-2013, 06:10 PM
So we're going into the Derby with no wingers? Greattt

No doubt we'll play for the draw and get beat..

Aldo
09-08-2013, 06:11 PM

Who said that Meh!! Maybe you know who I'll make an appearance ??

SteveHFC
09-08-2013, 06:14 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m760xxHXYx1qm6sfao1_r1_500.gif

Daffy is getting bored waiting

SaulGoodman
09-08-2013, 06:14 PM
Who said that Meh!! Maybe you know who I'll make an appearance ??

Aye. Craig (who's not a winger) on the left and Handling on the right no doubt.

:wink:

bingo70
09-08-2013, 06:16 PM

No doubt we'll play for the draw and get beat..

4-3-3 with midfield same as last week and vine, Collins and Caldwell up front, I don't think that'd be playing for a draw.

YehButNoBut
09-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Pat's interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Bwx7D3xHw

SaulGoodman
09-08-2013, 06:22 PM
4-3-3 with midfield same as last week and vine, Collins and Caldwell up front, I don't think that'd be playing for a draw.

Is that official?

I don't think Fenlon knows what a 4-3-3 is :cb

Speedway
09-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Could a player be in any less of a rush to sign for us?

bingo70
09-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Is that official?

I don't think Fenlon knows what a 4-3-3 is :cb

I think he does but when both wingers form went to pot last season he either couldn't play it or it wasn't effective.

(In my earlier post I forgot about Craig, I think he could replace Otj or Caldwell from the team I predicted)

Aldo
09-08-2013, 06:32 PM

Not sure bout that

Think we will line up MF to front

TT or OTJ. KT

Robertson. Craig
Vine Collins

I think Vine will at right in behind Collins feeding off him.

Edit. 4 - 2 - 4.

SaulGoodman
09-08-2013, 06:36 PM
What about a 2-3-5?

Williams
Mcgivern Nelson
Craig Thomson Taiwo
Handling Caldwell Vine Collins Stanton

Col2
09-08-2013, 06:38 PM
4-2-3-1

Williams

Mullen
McGovern
Nelson
Hanlon

Tom T
Thomson

Robertson (centre)
Craig (left)
Vine (supporting Collins but covering right)

Collins

Subs

Not sure but McCourt will be one.

Aldo
09-08-2013, 06:39 PM
4-2-3-1

Williams

Mullen
McGovern
Nelson
Hanlon

Tom T
Thomson

Robertson (centre)
Craig (left)

Collins

Subs

Team I'd go for but move McGivern to LB and Hanlon to CH.

Pedantic_Hibee
09-08-2013, 06:44 PM
4-2-3-1

Williams

Mullen
McGovern
Nelson
Hanlon

Tom T
Thomson

Robertson (centre)
Craig (left)

Collins

Subs

McCourt will be a sub? Why are you making this up?

hibb1
09-08-2013, 06:46 PM
If he isn't even sounding that interested in signing a short term deal in time to play against them,in the biggest game in league then id tell him to bolt and train elsewhere for MSL fek having him back next week to train some more,would be a great addition very skillful and can change a game in a flash,but if he no interested tell him to do one and try sign Deano long term,im no a fan of former players coming back but tink Deano could do the biz for us the now ..Still tink we got enough to pump them on Sunday Vine and Collins both on score sheet 0-3

...WentToMowAnSPL
09-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Could a player be in any less of a rush to sign for us?

He's out on the lash with me : just nipped outside for a fag

rcarter1
09-08-2013, 07:16 PM
If he isn't even sounding that interested in signing a short term deal in time to play against them,in the biggest game in league then id tell him to bolt and train elsewhere for MSL fek having him back next week to train some more,would be a great addition very skillful and can change a game in a flash,but if he no interested tell him to do one and try sign Deano long term,im no a fan of former players coming back but tink Deano could do the biz for us the now ..Still tink we got enough to pump them on Sunday Vine and Collins both on score sheet 0-3

Pat could be playing a blinder by concealing his signing, but I tend to agree that if he is not motivated to sign in time for this game, Im less fussed about him not signing. This is a shame though as he would surely make a big difference to our attack.

portycabbage
09-08-2013, 07:50 PM
4-2-3-1

Williams

Mullen
McGovern
Nelson
Hanlon

Tom T
Thomson

Robertson (centre)
Craig (left)

Collins

Subs

McCourt will be a sub? Why are you making this up?

McCourt will definitely be on the bench.

(Tam McCourt that is):wink:

silverhibee
09-08-2013, 08:10 PM
He's out on the lash with me : just nipped outside for a fag

You in CC Blooms. :greengrin

glenn6270
09-08-2013, 08:11 PM
MLS Transfers ‏@MLSTransfers 8 Aug

Source: Paddy McCourt signs 3 month deals to Hibs of Scotland. Expected MLS to come in Jan. Has talked with San Jose and NY recently #MLS
just up

Aldo
09-08-2013, 08:16 PM
You in CC Blooms. :greengrin

Ha ha.

joe breezy
09-08-2013, 08:42 PM
Yep who gives a **** about a few games v Killie etc

GlenrothesHibee
09-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Im all for McCourt signing dont get me wrong but if we beat those weirdos on Sunday will peoples opinions change? I want im in to rip them apart but if we do that anyway do we want him?

Golden Bear
09-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Signed or not signed that is the question ? ( just returned from pub!)

Lucius Apuleius
09-08-2013, 10:40 PM
What about a 2-3-5?

Williams
Mcgivern Nelson
Craig Thomson Taiwo
Handling Caldwell Vine Collins Stanton

Now yer fekn tzlking. 2-3-5 all the way.

Dunderhall
09-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Signed or not signed that is the question ? ( just returned from pub!)
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache. :agree:

That aside, it's still the same damn question.:greengrin

hibsbollah
09-08-2013, 11:15 PM
So we're going into the Derby with no wingers? Great

Why are you surprised? We havent had a 'winger' of any kind since Ivan left. We havent had TWO wingers worthy of the name since about 1979 :greengrin

Spike Mandela
09-08-2013, 11:22 PM
Why are you surprised? We havent had a 'winger' of any kind since Ivan left. We havent had TWO wingers worthy of the name since about 1979 :greengrin

Micky Weir, Kevin MacAllister................just saying likes.:cb

SaulGoodman
09-08-2013, 11:29 PM

Bring back Ivan :greengrin

Stringer
09-08-2013, 11:44 PM
MLS Transfers ‏@MLSTransfers 8 Aug

Source: Paddy McCourt signs 3 month deals to Hibs of Scotland. Expected MLS to come in Jan. Has talked with San Jose and NY recently #MLS
just up

Classic Pat signing an Irish midfielder :grr:

I am doing this right?

Springbank
10-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Now yer fekn tzlking. 2-3-5 all the way.

I don't remember a Malmo sized humiliation under 235

A very underrated system (as is the 90s style 352)

hibsbollah
10-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Micky Weir, Kevin MacAllister................just saying likes.:cb

Well ok, it still feels like the 1970s since we had two wingers then. Pedant :greengrin

Hibs90
10-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Watching Pats interview on HTV he says nothing is imminent with McCourt which leads me to think that McCourt will sign just not in time for the derby.

GreenOnions
10-08-2013, 08:38 AM
Watching Pats interview on HTV he says nothing is imminent with McCourt which leads me to think that McCourt will sign just not in time for the derby.

I wonder how his medical went?

California-Hibs
10-08-2013, 08:47 AM
I wonder how his medical went?

When was this?

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2013, 08:58 AM
When was this?

Wednesday.

California-Hibs
10-08-2013, 09:01 AM
Wednesday.

Hmmm that's worrying. Looks increasing likely that he failed it.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2013, 09:04 AM

Nope he passed it.

H18sry
10-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Birmingham in for McCourt apparently

hibsbollah
10-08-2013, 09:12 AM

Hardly surprising. He sunk 23 pints and snorted 4 grams of amphetamine on Tuesday night. Before he went out.

3pm
10-08-2013, 09:18 AM
Hardly surprising. He sunk 23 pints and snorted 4 grams of amphetamine on Tuesday night. Before he went out.

And pumped 3 burds.

Jim44
10-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Birmingham in for McCourt apparently

It's really big of Hibs to take in these waifs and strays, feed water and train them while they scan the horizon for clubs they would like to go to.:rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
10-08-2013, 09:25 AM
Too many people in the know who, as it turns out, are not a really in the know.

Tonez, Scoopyboy and Brooster are the only three who are 100% worth their weight in "ITK" gold.

Pedantic_Hibee
10-08-2013, 09:25 AM
And probably one or two others who I've unfortunately forgot at this moment in time.

Sumner
10-08-2013, 09:26 AM
Deal seems to have hit a snag
.. Perhaps a tache shaped snag..

Beefster
10-08-2013, 10:09 AM
Too many people in the know who, as it turns out, are not a really in the know.

Tonez, Scoopyboy and Brooster are the only three who are 100% worth their weight in "ITK" gold.

Correctamundo. Some folk get it wrong way more often than not and still get treated like they are Rodders' very special confidant.

NOLA
10-08-2013, 10:16 AM
And pumped 3 burds.

He's married so I find that shocking behaviour.

PeterboroHibee
10-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Pat could be playing a blinder by concealing his signing, but I tend to agree that if he is not motivated to sign in time for this game, Im less fussed about him not signing. This is a shame though as he would surely make a big difference to our attack.

Totally agree. We have offered training facilities for a player who has openly stated he is only looking for a short term deal, according to Pat is still considering other options, and seemingly couldnt offer us 80-90 minutes each week. Im not a fan of McCourt as it is, if he is announced tomorrow then fair play to Hibs (and it would be amusing if it was just announced with the line ups), but it does sound like whatever club he ends up at will have to bend over backwards to accommodate him.

BarneyK
10-08-2013, 10:23 AM
He's married so I find that shocking behaviour.

Aye outrageous :rolleyes:

hibsbollah
10-08-2013, 10:34 AM
And pumped 3 burds.

:agree: Allegedly Judith Ralston, Cat Cubie and Nina off of Nina and the Neurons.
He's a lad.

patch1875
10-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Surely it's to late for him to play if he's not registered

California-Hibs
10-08-2013, 01:07 PM
This whole situation is crazy. I can't remember another transfer traget where there has been so much confusion! Posters saying he's signed, other's saying he hasn't, poster saying he's passed a medical....yet Birmingham are apparently in for him?!

With such a huge game coming up tomorrow you'd think that if McCourt was going to sign and play for us that It would have been sorted for him to do so. Why miss out on such an incredible game?

Sound's like he's playing hardball.

AlbertK86
10-08-2013, 01:35 PM
This whole situation is crazy. I can't remember another transfer traget where there has been so much confusion! Posters saying he's signed, other's saying he hasn't, poster saying he's passed a medical....yet Birmingham are apparently in for him?!

With such a huge game coming up tomorrow you'd think that if McCourt was going to sign and play for us that It would have been sorted for him to do so. Why miss out on such an incredible game?

Lets do what Sevco are doing and play him as a trialist til he makes his mind up

Callum_62
10-08-2013, 01:37 PM

I really dont think most signings would class a u 20's hearts side as an 'incredible game'

certainly not one to rush in signing a contract for

I assume he wouldve done the medical fairly quickly, so we would know if any point discussing deal/continue with training

either he signs or he doesnt...not losing too much sleep over it really...be a decent signing but if rumours are true, so short term

Leith Bloke EH6
11-08-2013, 09:43 AM
I really dont think most signings would class a u 20's hearts side as an 'incredible game'

certainly not one to rush in signing a contract for

I assume he wouldve done the medical fairly quickly, so we would know if any point discussing deal/continue with training

either he signs or he doesnt...not losing too much sleep over it really...be a decent signing but if rumours are true, so short term

Signed until Jan 14.

Boyle89
11-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Has he signed? Will he be playing today? Will he play at all?

Callum_62
11-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Signed until Jan 14.

according to?

Northernhibee
11-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Has he signed? Will he be playing today? Will he play at all?

Yep, Pat's put him in goals.

cabbageandribs1875
11-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Yep, Pat's put him in goals.

RB appears to be PF's fav position for lost/confused souls

NOLA
11-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Not seen it reported that he's signed? Womder how fit he is. Has he played any preseason games for anyone?

YehButNoBut
11-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Not seen it reported that he's signed? Womder how fit he is. Has he played any preseason games for anyone?

He did play as a trialist for Peterborough

YehButNoBut
12-08-2013, 09:10 PM
So did he train with Hibs today, and will he be signing this week??

Onion
12-08-2013, 09:13 PM
So did he train with Hibs today, and will he be signing this week??

No but its good to hear that East Mains is being put to some use :cb

Franck Stanton
13-08-2013, 02:20 PM
As everyone is too busy venting their spleen at Fenlon/Petrie, wanting them out , this topic seems to have been discarded, or at least put on the "back-burner". Does anyone know what the current situation is ? Has he signed ? Have we offered him a contract ? If not McCourt, are we actively looking for anyone else ?

West hamBERNIAN
13-08-2013, 02:36 PM
As everyone is too busy venting their spleen at Fenlon/Petrie, wanting them out , this topic seems to have been discarded, or at least put on the "back-burner". Does anyone know what the current situation is ? Has he signed ? Have we offered him a contract ? If not McCourt, are we actively looking for anyone else ?

Couldn't be a worse time to be losing/wanting rid of a manager. Will Rod still back his signings? Will Rod have someone in time to make a signing or two of his own or will it be the case that the money saved from signing a player or two will be used as pay off money for pat? Is it better to have pat and possibly a good player or two more or no pat and the squad we have?

AlbertK86
13-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Desperately need an injection of pace and creativity on both wings

joe breezy
13-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Surely a candidate for coach now.

give the team a real Hibs flavour - out and about in George Street, a few drinks, a work out through scrapping with the bouncers

It's the future

Ozyhibby
13-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Hope he does not sign. New manager will need apace in the budget to pursue his own targets.

West hamBERNIAN
13-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Hope he does not sign. New manager will need apace in the budget to pursue his own targets.

In January? He'd be short term. Hibs will not have a new man in charge making signings before the window closes.

West hamBERNIAN
13-08-2013, 06:07 PM
And there won't be a budget if they pay off fenlon.

Holmesdale Hibs
13-08-2013, 07:03 PM

He's still a good player and any new manager will still have the same problem of having too many defensive central midfielders. I'm more worried any payoff would mean we can't sign him.

Beefster
13-08-2013, 07:20 PM

That's guff, by the way.

West hamBERNIAN
13-08-2013, 07:30 PM
That's guff, by the way.

Really? We have already spent money on Collins. If we now spend say 50k-100k (no idea) on paying him off you really think Rod will have more cash to spend? Have we got a substitute chairman?

sleeping giant
13-08-2013, 10:58 PM
I'm bored with McCourt already. :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
14-08-2013, 01:54 AM

How much of a pay of do you think he'd get like? 5 figures if that.

Grubbing around the message boards.

Sumner
14-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Can we just get told by someone - likely not the mute chairman Rod - but someone this deal is dead ?? Another PR disaster at ER.. Wouldn't it be nice if the board learned that some clubs actually honestly TALK to their supporters

Beefster
14-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Really? We have already spent money on Collins. If we now spend say 50k-100k (no idea) on paying him off you really think Rod will have more cash to spend? Have we got a substitute chairman?

Fenlon's pay-off would likely either be a lump sum which is a fraction of his remaining contract's worth or he'd be paid his salary until the end of his contract / until be found employment, whichever is sooner.

In the grand scheme of things, compared to the cost of recruiting and paying new players, it's not a great deal.

scoopyboy
14-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Fenlon's pay-off would likely either be a lump sum which is a fraction of his remaining contract's worth or he'd be paid his salary until the end of his contract / until be found employment, whichever is sooner.

In the grand scheme of things, compared to the cost of recruiting and paying new players, it's not a great deal.

This.

It happened in the past with two members of staff that I can think of.

patch1875
14-08-2013, 06:52 AM

Agreed a decent new manager would pay for it in extra walk ups

hibees 7062
14-08-2013, 08:46 AM

This happened to Alistair Stevenson

Billy Whizz
14-08-2013, 08:50 AM
This happened to Alistair Stevenson

And Yogi

basehibby
14-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Well, I think Fenlon/Hibs are as good as f****d without a player of McCourt's ilk because without someone willing to run at defences we are a very one paced uni-dimensional side and will not create a hell of a lot.

It's my belief that players such as McCourt - and Collins and Nelson for that matter - should have been in the door well BEFORE the tie with Malmo if we were to have any hope at all of progressing in that competition. Without those signings the 16000 odd who turned up at ER a few weeks ago were seriously short changed by a club which did not seem to take our participation in the tournament at all seriously - as it turned out they got even less than they could have expected as the half-baked/half-fit side in Green jerseys failed to turn up anyway.

For these reasons I'm reluctant to place ALL the blame for our disastrous start to the season at Fenlon's door - it's got to be shared by the decision makers, the negotiators who seem to put driving a hard bargain consistently ahead of Hibs' on field fortunes such that we rarely see a Hibs side start a season without gaping holes in the side which are not usually resolved until the end of August - if indeed they are at all.

Fenlon has helped dig his own hole with a lack of tactical astuteness evident at times, but the apparent dragging of heals in relation to signing targets has not helped his case at all. The presence of a player like McCourt could have made all the difference against Hearts on Sunday and could do so again against Dundee Utd. Without that kind of option we will continue to look ordinary and will struggle to get points on the board.

hibees 7062
14-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Well, I think Fenlon/Hibs are as good as f****d without a player of McCourt's ilk because without someone willing to run at defences we are a very one paced uni-dimensional side and will not create a hell of a lot.

It's my belief that players such as McCourt - and Collins and Nelson for that matter - should have been in the door well BEFORE the tie with Malmo if we were to have any hope at all of progressing in that competition. Without those signings the 16000 odd who turned up at ER a few weeks ago were seriously short changed by a club which did not seem to take our participation in the tournament at all seriously - as it turned out they got even less than they could have expected as the half-baked/half-fit side in Green jerseys failed to turn up anyway.

For these reasons I'm reluctant to place ALL the blame for our disastrous start to the season at Fenlon's door - it's got to be shared by the decision makers, the negotiators who seem to put driving a hard bargain consistently ahead of Hibs' on field fortunes such that we rarely see a Hibs side start a season without gaping holes in the side which are not usually resolved until the end of August - if indeed they are at all.

Fenlon has helped dig his own hole with a lack of tactical astuteness evident at times, but the apparent dragging of heals in relation to signing targets has not helped his case at all. The presence of a player like McCourt could have made all the difference against Hearts on Sunday and could do so again against Dundee Utd. Without that kind of option we will continue to look ordinary and will struggle to get points on the board.

Exactly right he would have run riot on Sunday as we will see when they play Aberdeen and Celtic

silverhibee
14-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Do we know if McCourt is still training with Hibs. :confused:

monktonharp
14-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Do we know if McCourt is still training with Hibs. :confused:

if he is, and does not sign for us, and goes elsewhere(our rivals) it will be yet another unmitigated disaster for Hibernian fc. from the PR side of things alone, the club is walking a tightrope with this situation. they have said nothing about this guy, other than the manager personally saying he wants him.

Vini1875
14-08-2013, 11:04 PM
All I have heard is that he is going to America in October, which came from his brother and agent. Nothing about Hibs signing him except on message boards.

Time For Heroes
15-08-2013, 12:54 AM

I cant tell you my source by have been told that the cost of paying off Fenlon would have paid for Super Leigh:stirrer::fishin:

Callum_62
15-08-2013, 01:01 AM
i cant tell you my source by have been told that the cost of paying off fenlon would have paid for super leigh:stirrer::fishin:

$150,000 fact.

NOLA
15-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Been with us training how long now? Is only after someclub to get him fit before he leaves for america, I was in favour of signing him before but not know, tell him to get fit someplace else, he would be rubbish as a defensive midfielder anyway.

Squealing pig
15-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Fenlon kens him personally so id guess he wil sign and get him out of hot water. Hopefully

J-C
15-08-2013, 01:31 AM
Been with us training how long now? Is only after someclub to get him fit before he leaves for america, I was in favour of signing him before but not know, tell him to get fit someplace else, he would be rubbish as a defensive midfielder anyway.

Could always play him at RB

Hibs7
15-08-2013, 06:34 AM
Ok so what are all the sooth Sayers and those in the know saying now that there is no sign of McCourt signing .... We had enough people in the supposed know about what was happening but, oh look they are all wrong again ... Surprise surprise . There is more carp on here re signings than in a field packed with cows ... Not the words I would have used but have to keep it polite or the cyber police delete it !!

Steve20
15-08-2013, 06:38 AM
What's the point in signing him? Fenlon refuses to play any football that involves attacking so it would just be a waste of time.

scoopyboy
15-08-2013, 06:53 AM
$150,000 fact.

Dollars eh, the plot thickens.

MSK
15-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Ok so what are all the sooth Sayers and those in the know saying now that there is no sign of McCourt signing .... We had enough people in the supposed know about what was happening but, oh look they are all wrong again ... Surprise surprise . There is more carp on here re signings than in a field packed with cows ... Not the words I would have used but have to keep it polite or the cyber police delete it !!You fire off petty digs & arsey comments to those "in the know" but you are still asking them to tell you if he is signing or not ...:crazy:

ian cruise
15-08-2013, 07:17 AM
$150,000 fact.

Is that Rod using Canadian dollars to try and save us some money??? Petrie!!!!

CmoantheHibs
15-08-2013, 07:21 AM
Ok so what are all the sooth Sayers and those in the know saying now that there is no sign of McCourt signing .... We had enough people in the supposed know about what was happening but, oh look they are all wrong again ... Surprise surprise . There is more carp on here re signings than in a field packed with cows ... Not the words I would have used but have to keep it polite or the cyber police delete it !!

Is this your offishal statement to put them in their plaice?

Hibs7
15-08-2013, 08:51 AM
You fire off petty digs & arsey comments to those "in the know" but you are still asking them to tell you if he is signing or not ...:crazy:

No where in that post did I ask if he is signing ... Read it again before posting more carp

J-C
15-08-2013, 09:16 AM
TBH if he's only here to keep himself fit till he sods off to the states, then I'd rather we looked elsewhere for someone who actually wants to play for us, not just a fly by night unfit occasionally talented player.

PeterboroHibee
15-08-2013, 09:45 AM
TBH if he's only here to keep himself fit till he sods off to the states, then I'd rather we looked elsewhere for someone who actually wants to play for us, not just a fly by night unfit occasionally talented player.

Spot on. Unless the player is coming to train at the club with genuine intentions to discuss a deal (even if it doesnt happen in the end), Id rather we werent handing out freebies to guys who are just wanting to stay fit - wheres the benefit to us?

MADE IN LEITH
15-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Spot on. Unless the player is coming to train at the club with genuine intentions to discuss a deal (even if it doesnt happen in the end), Id rather we werent handing out freebies to guys who are just wanting to stay fit - wheres the benefit to us?

:greengrin:agree:

Latapy_10
15-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Joined Barnsley on trial... According to SSN

monktonharp
15-08-2013, 01:46 PM
Joined Barnsley on trial... According to SSNthis is getting disgusting! so he's off, after using hfc's facilities for a couple of weeks, for free? what is going on with our club? where is the benefits of having EM,? who are we trying to impress/ certainly not impressing me, and fans like me.:grr:

Hermit Crab
15-08-2013, 01:49 PM
$150,000 fact.

Dollars?? :D

"Grubbing around the message boards"

BH Hibs
15-08-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm sure someone at the club will give an informative statement telling if a deal was offered or not

PeterboroHibee
15-08-2013, 02:08 PM
I'm sure someone at the club will give an informative statement telling if a deal was offered or not

:tee hee:

Beefster
15-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Joined Barnsley on trial... According to SSN

I thought he had a medical at Hibs and was all set to sign?

brog
15-08-2013, 02:12 PM
this is getting disgusting! so he's off, after using hfc's facilities for a couple of weeks, for free? what is going on with our club? where is the benefits of having EM,? who are we trying to impress/ certainly not impressing me, and fans like me.:grr:

Or maybe we looked at him, said no thanks & moved on. We have dozens of players on trial every year, the Club, rightly IMO, does not comment until something happens. It was SSN which reported McCourt was at Hibs, it's the same source now saying he's at Barnsley. Seems like all the noise is coming from his agent.

Baldy Foghorn
15-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Or maybe we looked at him, said no thanks & moved on. We have dozens of players on trial every year, the Club, rightly IMO, does not comment until something happens. It was SSN which reported McCourt was at Hibs, it's the same source now saying he's at Barnsley. Seems like all the noise is coming from his agent.

SSN still saying Hibs looking at McCourt? Confusing:confused:

heretoday
15-08-2013, 10:41 PM
If he was any use Celtic wouldn't have hmv she of him.

Sumner
16-08-2013, 06:50 AM
Barnsley.

Hopefully end of this dire long dragged out will-he-wont-he PR disaster

Hibby 2005
16-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Barnsley.

Hopefully end of this dire long dragged out will-he-wont-he PR disaster

We'll be offering him less money than he wants.

joe breezy
16-08-2013, 07:11 AM
If he is to train with Hibs again but isn't staying I hope a few hard tackles go his way

Simkin911
16-08-2013, 07:28 AM
According to Fenlon, no closer to signing for Hibs. Makes you think he's not that motivated to sign as Fenlon suggests we want him. NEXT. Time to move into the other targets he has (IMO).

greenpaper55
16-08-2013, 07:31 AM
This from todays scotsman piece

"Fenlon had hoped to sign Paddy McCourt, who was training with Hibs and would 
certainly be one solution to Hibs’ lack of pace out wide. The manager said the former Celtic winger had moved on to train elsewhere – with Barnsley, as it turned out – but claimed he had other signings in mind to fulfil a similar role.“He didn’t train today with us, but I’d love to sign Paddy. He’s a fantastic player and he has other options. He’s one we’re talking to, but there are one or two others if that doesn’t happen that we’re looking at as well.”

Best to forget him i think.

jodjam
16-08-2013, 07:36 AM
We'll be offering him less money than he wants.

Should we be offering more than what he wants?

BarneyK
16-08-2013, 07:38 AM
According to Fenlon, no closer to signing for Hibs. Makes you think he's not that motivated to sign as Fenlon suggests we want him. NEXT. Time to move into the other targets he has (IMO).

I took the interview as being a positive thing tbh. He referred to the Thomson deal as an example of how a short term deal could turn into something longer term and he didn't shy away from the questions about McCourt. The interview if anything suggested that a deal is still possible.

YehButNoBut
16-08-2013, 08:20 AM
For someone who is only looking for a short term deal he doesn't seem in much of a hurry to sign for anyone. By the time he makes his mind up we would only have him for a few months.

Think it's best we look elsewhere at someone who will be here longer term.

MADE IN LEITH
16-08-2013, 08:38 AM
For someone who is only looking for a short term deal he doesn't seem in much of a hurry to sign for anyone. By the time he makes his mind up we would only have him for a few months.

Think it's best we look elsewhere at someone who will be here longer term.

Gotta agree, he should go elswhere and train. Too many players using our facilities then moonlighting somewhere else. Hop it! :greengrin

pacorosssco
16-08-2013, 08:47 AM

:top marks

truehibernian
16-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Maybe I'm just clouding my judgement in anger and depression but let's have a wee look at things this summer :

McManus, a tried and tested centre half who we all know about, who has experience up here with champions and down south, is asked to 'trial' ? McCourt, who we have seen with our own eyes as a good player with bags of ability, is proven in the sense he isn't an unknown quantity.....is asked to 'trial'. And Bates, a player who is in his mid 20's yet suffered no less than 5 serious knee injuries, is on our radar and has held talks only to want more money........Kenny Miller, if the info is correct and there's no doubt it is, offers his services to Pat and doesn't get the courtesy of a reply........deary deary me, what a stramash as old Arthur Montford would say !!!

Sorry.....it's like buying a house above a busy pub and then complaining about the noise after you've moved in. Where on earth is the due diligence on players, why are we allowing East Mains to be used in such a manner for targets we already know and can see their CV, and why are we, after their release, still keeping 'tabs on them' - they should be told immediately, if you're not interested then neither are we, we move on to other targets.

I can absolutely appreciate the 'trialist' system - especially because clubs get inundated with CVs of unknown players, and the Bosman situation means thousands of players are looking for clubs. But to offer trials to known commodities who have SPL, EPL, Championship and international experience with Celtic, Scotland and Northern Ireland ? Come on eh......we should have been in talks, if they broke down, we move on and we show a bit of a ruthless streak. The minute he decides to 'train with Barnsley' it's a goodbye from me as the Two Ronnies would say.

Sounds to me like Paddy McCourt is quite simpkly doing the rounds pre-season to keep himself fit for his Stateside jaunt anyway. Good luck to him if so - but not at Hibs if he's been and gone with no sign of signing. We are not a charity !

basehibby
16-08-2013, 10:14 AM
Maybe I'm just clouding my judgement in anger and depression but let's have a wee look at things this summer :

McManus, a tried and tested centre half who we all know about, who has experience up here with champions and down south, is asked to 'trial' ? McCourt, who we have seen with our own eyes as a good player with bags of ability, is proven in the sense he isn't an unknown quantity.....is asked to 'trial'. And Bates, a player who is in his mid 20's yet suffered no less than 5 serious knee injuries, is on our radar and has held talks only to want more money........Kenny Miller, if the info is correct and there's no doubt it is, offers his services to Pat and doesn't get the courtesy of a reply........deary deary me, what a stramash as old Arthur Montford would say !!!

Sorry.....it's like buying a house above a busy pub and then complaining about the noise after you've moved in. Where on earth is the due diligence on players, why are we allowing East Mains to be used in such a manner for targets we already know and can see their CV, and why are we, after their release, still keeping 'tabs on them' - they should be told immediately, if you're not interested then neither are we, we move on to other targets.

I can absolutely appreciate the 'trialist' system - especially because clubs get inundated with CVs of unknown players, and the Bosman situation means thousands of players are looking for clubs. But to offer trials to known commodities who have SPL, EPL, Championship and international experience with Celtic, Scotland and Northern Ireland ? Come on eh......we should have been in talks, if they broke down, we move on and we show a bit of a ruthless streak. The minute he decides to 'train with Barnsley' it's a goodbye from me as the Two Ronnies would say.

Sounds to me like Paddy McCourt is quite simpkly doing the rounds pre-season to keep himself fit for his Stateside jaunt anyway. Good luck to him if so - but not at Hibs if he's been and gone with no sign of signing. We are not a charity !

I think some are getting a wee bit precious about this.

Getting players like McManus & McCourt in to train is a 2 way street.

Sure it allows the players a chance to get some training in and prepare for the season ahead - whoever they end up turning out for.

But it also allows our coaching staff the chance to have a good look at them close up, and monitor their fitness and general condition - see if they're ready to walk straight into the team or whether they need to work towards it, and in the case of established players who've maybe not played much recently, to see if they've still "got it".

If our much vaunted training facilities are all they're cracked up to be, it could also give the players a wee bit food for thought about what's on offer at Hibs and maybe tilt things a wee bit in our favour if we end up moving for them.

There are plenty of positive reasons for getting players in for training that we're interested in signing and it will cost nothing - so what's the problem? :dunno:

truehibernian
16-08-2013, 10:19 AM

Sure it allows the players a chance to get some training in and prepare for the season ahead - whoever they end up turning out for.

But it also allows our coaching staff the chance to have a good look at them close up, and monitor their fitness and general condition - see if they're ready to walk straight into the team or whether they need to work towards it, and in the case of established players who've maybe not played much recently, to see if they've still "got it".

If our much vaunted training facilities are all they're cracked up to be, it could also give the players a wee bit food for thought about what's on offer at Hibs and maybe tilt things a wee bit in our favour if we end up moving for them.

There are plenty of positive reasons for getting players in for training that we're interested in signing and it will cost nothing - so what's the problem? :dunno:

Fair play mate, respect your opinion, but I don't agree - the bit I have highlighted especially. Pat knows his potential targets and he has a coaching and scouting staff - that is when you do your homework and diligence, watching them in game time, competitively. Some guys after all are a bit 'work shy' when it comes to training, but you know what you get when the whistle blows at 3.15 on a Saturday.

McCourt and McManus don't need to trial - we all know them as players, know their qualities, and if Pat was keen then he'd have had them watched in games - including reserve league games down south if they'd dropped down the pecking order. The football world is a small one, and you'd also do your diligence with previous coaches/managers, ask players who know them and who have worked with them what they bring to the dressing room, their training habits, home life, etc.

For me it strikes of desperation and a lack of real scouting networks and watching games.

Diclonius
16-08-2013, 10:25 AM

What's an informative statement? :confused:

Do you mean "Paddy McCourt isn't signing, oh well BTW we're in this together, join the Hibernian Family, buy 500 season tickets today!" Or something else?

SaulGoodman
16-08-2013, 10:27 AM
What's an informative statement? :confused:

Do you mean "Paddy McCourt isn't signing, oh well BTW we're in this together, join the Hibernian Family, buy 500 season tickets today!" Or something else?

Nevermind that, what's a statement?

BH Hibs
16-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Nevermind that, what's a statement?

:wink::thumbsup:

SmallvilleHibee
16-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Another Championship class player that fud Fenlon has failed to sign. Do we just let any random person use our world class training centre? And to the people who say he isn't worth it then you've clearly not seen the "Derry Pele" play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RqQqj9L5I

Eyrie
16-08-2013, 06:48 PM
Another Championship class player that fud Fenlon has failed to sign. Do we just let any random person use our world class training centre? And to the people who say he isn't worth it then you've clearly not seen the "Derry Pele" play.

Does he play for ninety minutes a game, or just a total of ninety minutes over a season?

McCourt has no interest in playing for Hibs beyond keeping himself half-fit, so I'm not interested in him being here.

Bostonhibby
16-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Gotta agree, he should go elswhere and train. Too many players using our facilities then moonlighting somewhere else. Hop it! :greengrin

Yep, we seem to be run by bean counters who, to their credit look after that side of it quite well. So why not set up a contract where we retrospectively charge prospects that don't sign for us? Otherwise the likes of Motherwell are seeing how McManus gets on fitnesswise at our expense, then gubbing us a week later!

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-08-2013, 06:58 PM
We gave Jonaton Johansson first team football to let him get his match fitness and that was a disaster. If he wants to stay fit then let him go to the gym and play fives with his mates. You can't radge at players one week for not knowing what it means to pull on the Harp and then in the same breath welcome a boy that wants to use us a disposable stop gap. !

GreenArmyyy!
16-08-2013, 07:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RqQqj9L5I
I think that is a bit harsh. I don't think this would have had anything to do with Fenlon IMO. Any stick to beat Fenlon with at the moment. Fenlon has made it quite clear he wanted to sign McCourt. Clearly he is just a non-committal player that was only using Hibs as a fitness regime.

MADE IN LEITH
16-08-2013, 08:02 PM
I think that is a bit harsh. I don't think this would have had anything to do with Fenlon IMO. Any stick to beat Fenlon with at the moment. Fenlon has made it quite clear he wanted to sign McCourt. Clearly he is just a non-committal player that was only using Hibs as a fitness regime.

:agree:

MADE IN LEITH
16-08-2013, 08:53 PM
No being funny but I am seek hearing about this signing, they should just ask him to bolt and do his training elswhere. What does he think our club is some sort of half way house to recouperate.

He should sling his hook and make an early departure to the US as I personally don't want him at our club.

Hop it. :offski:

BarneyK
16-08-2013, 08:58 PM
No being funny but I am seek hearing about this signing, they should just ask him to bolt and do his training elswhere. What does he think our club is some sort of half way house to recouperate.

He should sling his hook and make an early departure to the US as I personally don't want him at our club.

Hop it. :offski:

He has

MADE IN LEITH
16-08-2013, 09:01 PM
He has

:greengrin Good..

Thanks for the good news!

monktonharp
16-08-2013, 09:51 PM

There are plenty of positive reasons for getting players in for training that we're interested in signing and it will cost nothing - so what's the problem? :dunno: I think the problem is that it doesnae look like a 2 way street at the moment. everyone and their dug, kens that mc court is going stateside. why let him use our facilities. everyone knew mc manus had other offers, why let him use our facilities. we are not a charity, when it comes to charging fans to watch games, and it costs a lot of dosh to run a facility like EM. who pays, ultimately for EM? us, Hibernian fans, that will still be there 20 years from now, unlike some players that flit to the next big pay rise, or have a free meal ticket at EM before telling us, naw I'm sorry but got a better offer.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2013, 09:54 PM
I think the problem is that it doesnae look like a 2 way street at the moment. everyone and their dug, kens that mc court is going stateside. why let him use our facilities. everyone knew mc manus had other offers, why let him use our facilities. we are not a charity, when it comes to charging fans to watch games, and it costs a lot of dosh to run a facility like EM. who pays, ultimately for EM? us, Hibernian fans, that will still be there 20 years from now, unlike some players that flit to the next big pay rise, or have a free meal ticket at EM before telling us, naw I'm sorry but got a better offer.

If Hibs think they're in with a chance of even a short term deal then why not? It's hardly going to break the bank having a couple of players join in with training sessions that we would be holding anyway.

pacorosssco
16-08-2013, 11:43 PM
To me the sad thing is we cant get these players quoted without a trial. Im not sure mcourt is the answer and zemamma and arguably shiels have played more games at a higher level over last three years but because of the system/way fenlon plays some are hoping PM is the answer but its a gamble for a player who isnt that kean to sign or for a manger most fans are now against. Sad times. As for scouting network. Fenlon just does the rounds. Mowbray for example brought in young reserves from PL and guys from Morocco

PeterboroHibee
17-08-2013, 07:00 AM
If Hibs think they're in with a chance of even a short term deal then why not? It's hardly going to break the bank having a couple of players join in with training sessions that we would be holding anyway.

I may be completely wrong, but from the quotes so far it doesnt sound like McCourt (as an example) is particularly keen to sign with us. His agent has said he is only trying to keep fit, and Fenlon has said he is looking at other offers, which he is perfectly entitled to do, but if it is only a short term deal is it really that big an issue where he goes?

It may not be something that is going to cost us a lot, but it still doesnt sit right with me that we are handing out freebies to guys who have no intention of signing, and hence dont offer anything to the club.

Aldo
17-08-2013, 07:13 AM
If he wanted to sign he would of last week... I was under the impression he was keen to sign.

If he's on his travels then its clear he is happy just to go from club to club getting training facilities to keep himself fit until the start if the MLS season.

Time to move on me thinks.

snooky
17-08-2013, 10:12 AM
The Courting is over. We need players not transients. :bye:

Andy74
17-08-2013, 12:04 PM
To me the sad thing is we cant get these players quoted without a trial. Im not sure mcourt is the answer and zemamma and arguably shiels have played more games at a higher level over last three years but because of the system/way fenlon plays some are hoping PM is the answer but its a gamble for a player who isnt that kean to sign or for a manger most fans are now against. Sad times. As for scouting network. Fenlon just does the rounds. Mowbray for example brought in young reserves from PL and guys from Morocco

Pat has also brought in young players from English leagues, including the EPL and Gambia is a bit further than Morocco.

Scouting is one of the things Pat is addressing.

1875er
21-08-2013, 08:00 AM
The Courting is over. We need players not transients. :bye:

According to the BBC website McCourt is now training down at Barnsley.

Beefster
21-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Pat has also brought in young players from English leagues, including the EPL and Gambia is a bit further than Morocco.

Scouting is one of the things Pat is addressing.

Our scouts haven't been anywhere near Gambia. Kujabi wasn't even scouted before he was offered to Hibs. To try and compare his signing with Benji's and Zemmama's (who signed direct from Moroccan clubs) is just nonsense.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I can only imagine wee Pa was signed on the back of one free-kick on YouTube. That's the only explanation for signing that wee chancer.

Andy74
21-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Our scouts haven't been anywhere near Gambia. Kujabi wasn't even scouted before he was offered to Hibs. To try and compare his signing with Benji's and Zemmama's (who signed direct from Moroccan clubs) is just nonsense.

Benji and Zemmama were also offered and trialled.

The suggestion that other clubs are scouting these areas elsewhere in the thread isn't right, those clubs are also just reacting to who gets put in front of them from these types of countries.

JimBHibees
21-08-2013, 12:23 PM

He was playing lower league German football however was being touted round UK clubs, QPR comes to mind.

Last Minute
22-08-2013, 03:08 PM
#BarnsleyFC sign Paddy McCourt on a deal until the end of the season, subject to confirmation from relevant footballing bodies. barnsleyfcvia twitter on Aug 22, 2013 .

What a joke we are, Thats 2 players that have trained with us and used east mains then sign for another team. and its until the end of the season.

we should rename east mains free hotel for inbetween footballers

H18sry
22-08-2013, 03:09 PM
#BarnsleyFC sign Paddy McCourt on a deal until the end of the season, subject to confirmation from relevant footballing bodies. barnsleyfcvia twitter on Aug 22, 2013 .

What a joke we are

Maybe we were never in the hunt for him :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Did we ever offer him a deal? And if not, why not? And if so, was it deliberately lower than requested as per Petrie's methods of removing a manager?

We're a f*****g shambles of a club at the moment.

Last Minute
22-08-2013, 03:13 PM

Why are we letting these players use our training centre then. I thought east mains was gonna attract players to sign for us and not just to use when it suits them.

Spike Mandela
22-08-2013, 03:14 PM

Hibs.net unwritten rule. Everybody we sign was our first choice and everone we don't get we were never in for.:greengrin

Brightside
22-08-2013, 03:15 PM
Hibs.net unwritten rule. Everybody we sign was our first choice and everone we don't get we were never in for.:greengrin

Delighted we didnt get him. NOT THE ANSWER

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Big thumbs-up to the in the know posters who told us this was signed and sealed.

Beefster
22-08-2013, 03:17 PM
But we put him through a medical and got him to sign a contract...

I won't believe he's not a Hibs player until Fenlon says otherwise.

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 03:19 PM
First thought is I thought he was going to the US though that indicates he has signed until the end of the season. To be honest his agent (his brother I think) did say that he was at Hibs for training and was considering his options. Bottom line is Barnsley will be able to pay much more than Hibs though it is disappointing that he was here and PF was clearly keen to sign. Maybe an indication the strings are being tightened on spending despite the protestations of support last night. If that is the case and I have no idea if it is PF should be removed immediately and a new guy brought in before the window is closed.

pacorosssco
22-08-2013, 03:22 PM

agree and not confirmed we offered deal . maybe just a favour from fenlon. bullet dodged with his fitness I think

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Did we ever offer him a deal? And if not, why not? And if so, was it deliberately lower than requested as per Petrie's methods of removing a manager?

We're a f*****g shambles of a club at the moment.

That would be my initial thought and to be honest if that is his way of business it is IMO a shocking way of undermining the manager and getting the club a very poor reputation within the game.

PeterboroHibee
22-08-2013, 03:24 PM

He may go on to prove me wrong but I do agree with this.

What concerns me is that he was given the use of our training facilities when it was pretty clear that he wasnt particularly keen on signing for Hibs (this 'going to America' thing was clearly a lot of rubbish if he has signed with Barnsley until the end of the season), and regardless of my feelings on him, he is another 'target' we havent been able to see over the line.

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 03:24 PM

Depends what the question is. :greengrin

There is no doubt that he is a better option than anything we currently have on the books IMO.

green.and.white
22-08-2013, 03:26 PM
He will somehow still find a way to score against us

WestEndHibee
22-08-2013, 03:28 PM

What a joke we are, Thats 2 players that have trained with us and used east mains then sign for another team. and its until the end of the season.

This is getting ridiculous!

No I'm not referring to our signing policy I'm referring to all this depressive slagging of Hibs. You have no idea what has happened behind the scenes with either McCourt or McManus and yet you're using it to spout nonsense to further rile up the doomclappers (opposite of happy clappers).

Fair enough, this is a pretty low moment to be a Hibee but seriously, if you have to slag at all then can we not keep it to things we actually know about i.e. poor tactics/team mentality.

jdships
22-08-2013, 03:28 PM

:thumbsup::agree:

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2013, 03:30 PM
That would be my initial thought and to be honest if that is his way of business it is IMO a shocking way of undermining the manager and getting the club a very poor reputation within the game.

I'm not suggesting this is definitely what has happened but why would Petrie play such a stupid game? He has done it in the past and absolutely nobody benefits from it.

If Pat Fenlon is not the man for Hibs and it's patently clear that he isn't, get rid of him now and bring in a replacement who still has time to tinker with the personnel before the transfer window ends.

I don't know if it's because I've given up cigarettes today or not but I'm in an absolute rage with Hibs today. I've even given up on Petrie and I'm one of his biggest supporters.

F*** off Hibs.

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 03:30 PM
He will somehow still find a way to score against us

Not for Barnsley he wont. :greengrin

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 03:32 PM
:thumbsup::agree:

Saw an interview with PF where he quite clearly indicated he was keen to sign him but the player was considering options.

JimBHibees
22-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm not suggesting this is definitely what has happened but why would Petrie play such a stupid game? He has done it in the past and absolutely nobody benefits from it.

If Pat Fenlon is not the man for Hibs and it's patently clear that he isn't, get rid of him now and bring in a replacement who still has time to tinker with the personnel before the transfer window ends.

I don't know if it's because I've given up cigarettes today or not but I'm in an absolute rage with Hibs today. I've even given up on Petrie and I'm one of his biggest supporters.

F*** off Hibs.

Completely agree. I think you need to get back on the fags for transfer window day though. :greengrin

jdships
22-08-2013, 03:33 PM
Interestingly my lads at EM's tell me there are four young players ( Scot's frees )who they know well who have been using training facilities at Carlisle ,Gateshead and Doncaster
Two signed for clubs in Div two ( Not C/G or D)and the other two have moved back to Scotland and are signing Junior
Seems to be a common occurance so why all the " toys out the pram " ? :wink::greengrin

Do we know that same thing is not happening at other sfpl clubs ?

AlbertK86
22-08-2013, 03:34 PM
Saw an interview with PF where he quite clearly indicated he was keen to sign him but the player was considering options.

Correct

Story I heard was Rod refused to meet his wage demands as he has on various targets pat has identified

Bottom line is we have to live within our means

Last Minute
22-08-2013, 03:36 PM

No I'm not referring to our signing policy I'm referring to all this depressive slagging of Hibs. You have no idea what has happened behind the scenes with either McCourt or McManus and yet you're using it to spout nonsense to further rile up the doomclappers (opposite of happy clappers).

Fair enough, this is a pretty low moment to be a Hibee but seriously, if you have to slag at all then can we not keep it to things we actually know about i.e. poor tactics/team mentality.

What Nonsence you talking about ? Fenlon said he was trying to get him and he was training with us with a view to sign . so what you talking about, are you happy like that are we letting these players use our training centre then. I thought east mains was gonna attract players to sign for us and not just to use when it suits them.

The Sea-gull
22-08-2013, 03:36 PM
Dissappointed if Pat has wasted the last few weeks hanging his hat on McCourt who has now gone elsewhere.

Was McCourt so good that he was worth waiting on. I think not.

Not too dissappointed. Not sure McCourt is what we need. Can't see him doing it for us on a regular basis. We need a creative player who is fit , consistent and motivated.

Not easy at our end of the food chain I know but if Pat's had all summer and longer. He has also wasted time and budget signing OTJ and KT when one would have done and the other resource could have been used on creativity and pace.

Jones28
22-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Oh well...but seriously are Barnsley more appealing than Hibs? Shocking.

Stevie Reid
22-08-2013, 03:48 PM

Championship is the 5th richest league in the world, and the salary on offer will definitely be more appealing. Plenty of TV exposure too.

LioNeilMessi
22-08-2013, 03:50 PM
What Nonsence you talking about ? Fenlon said he was trying to get him and he was training with us with a view to sign . so what you talking about, are you happy like that are we letting these players use our training centre then. I thought east mains was gonna attract players to sign for us and not just to use when it suits them.

How much do you reckon it costs Hibs to let players train at EM for a few days? Very little (if any). Obviously PF let him train to have a look and either offered him a deal (less attractive than Barnsley) or decided McCourt isn't worth the risk of a good wage. Either way, letting him train with us allowed the management team to make an better informed decision; nothing wrong with that IMO.

Ricky Bobby
22-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Not bothered by this news at all, last thing we need is another passenger.

Wilson
22-08-2013, 03:53 PM

Yes. Much more.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Glad that he not signed. Looks like another PR disaster though.

Scottie
22-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Championship is the 5th richest league in the world, and the salary on offer will definitely be more appealing. Plenty of TV exposure too.

Spot on

The spl are so far behind with wages due to the monsterous tv revenue down south that we are on par with what conferance teams pay nowadays.

We can't spend what we don't have or we'll end up like the dirty mob from across the city. Simple.

Time For Heroes
22-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Big thumbs-up to the in the know posters who told us this was signed and sealed. :thumbsup:

greenpaper55
22-08-2013, 03:57 PM
It's all part of the five year plan don't ye know !.

exHIBition
22-08-2013, 04:04 PM

Well said. From some of the remarks on here it suggests that some posters know the ins and outs of everything that happens at the club. The reality is that none of us know what goes on behind the scenes. How can somebody possibly rip the club to shreds over something they genuinely know nothing about? Where is the logic?

My opinion is this.....when times are tough on the park the fans can be the key to getting the ball rolling again. If the 11 players on the pitch know (and they do) that a misplaced pass or a shot struck wide is going to lead to abuse then that fear is instilled in the team. The fans can play their part and show their class as fans. Get right behind the team. If results don't improve the manager will go but at least play your part and be the 12th man. Look at the 'now' situation and think to yourself what can I do to HELP. What difference can I make. If we go one down there is a choice.....get behind the team and help them to fight back or maon and whinge which does not help in any way.

hibees 7062
22-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Depends what the question is. :greengrin

There is no doubt that he is a better option than anything we currently have on the books IMO.

By a long way , he would have won the derby for us :agree:

The Harp Awakes
22-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Ah well, at least we can still look forward to the signing of a last minute transfer deadline, journeyman who no-one has ever heard of:whistle:

Purehibee_MYB
22-08-2013, 04:14 PM

So how do you think it went down? Did Fenlon lie about trying to sign him? Should we refuse possible signings the chance to train first? Sure that would work a treat at convincing them to sign. Truth is we all don't know what does on behind the scenes, but it clearly isn't as simple as us going 'aye you can train with us for free no bother, nah don't worry about signing for us, we just like giving out these facilities for free.'

wheniwas5
22-08-2013, 04:19 PM
don't want to waste a few minutes off my time reading all the negative posts but delighted we never signed him. If he is off to the MLS do you think he,ll be jumping into 50/50s??

The Harp Awakes
22-08-2013, 04:28 PM
don't want to waste a few minutes off my time reading all the negative posts but delighted we never signed him. If he is off to the MLS do you think he,ll be jumping into 50/50s??

I know what you mean about the negative posts, I used to hate reading them myself but TBH, after having a season ticket for 32 years and always trying to be positive about Hibs throughout that time, I'm finding it difficult to see the bright side myself.

Pedantic_Hibee
22-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Completely agree. I think you need to get back on the fags for transfer window day though. :greengrin

I think you're right :greengrin

In footballing parlance I would have received around 14 straight red cards for my behaviour today. Rage!

stokesmessiah
22-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Correct

Story I heard was Rod refused to meet his wage demands as he has on various targets pat has identified

Bottom line is we have to live within our means

And so another Hibs.net FACT is born!!

The clue was in your own sentence when you said the STORY I heard was.

ancient hibee
22-08-2013, 05:35 PM

Did he ever win a game for Celtic?

Ricky Bobby
22-08-2013, 05:50 PM

A more positive approach to the game would have won the derby for us. we don't need players who can turn it on for 5 minutes every week. We have more than enough of those already.

Purehibee_MYB
22-08-2013, 05:57 PM

Can I borrow your Dolorean for a day please? Would love to see into the future like you clearly did!

carnoustiehibee
22-08-2013, 05:59 PM

Did riordan? He would've gave us something we don't have which can only be a good thing when building a squad.

Hibernia&Alba
22-08-2013, 05:59 PM
Obviously his fitness is the concern, but on balance I wish he'd joined us. We're desperate for some creativity in the team at the moment, and he chips in with goals too. At the right money it would have been worth a punt, IMO. Barnsley will be paying him much more than Hibs could.

rcarter1
22-08-2013, 06:11 PM
Well said. From some of the remarks on here it suggests that some posters know the ins and outs of everything that happens at the club. The reality is that none of us know what goes on behind the scenes. How can somebody possibly rip the club to shreds over something they genuinely know nothing about? Where is the logic?

My opinion is this.....when times are tough on the park the fans can be the key to getting the ball rolling again. If the 11 players on the pitch know (and they do) that a misplaced pass or a shot struck wide is going to lead to abuse then that fear is instilled in the team. The fans can play their part and show their class as fans. Get right behind the team. If results don't improve the manager will go but at least play your part and be the 12th man. Look at the 'now' situation and think to yourself what can I do to HELP. What difference can I make. If we go one down there is a choice.....get behind the team and help them to fight back or maon and whinge which does not help in any way.

This.
:flag:

CRAZYHIBBY
22-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Hes a poor mans sproule.......total waste of a wage for a player that cant last 90 minutes........and that beard ???....dont even get me started on that beard, we're better off without him

IWasThere2016
22-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Not bothered by this news at all, last thing we need is another passenger.

Damn - he'd have made an excellent DCM! Good cover for other 7 DCMs too :agree:

silverhibee
22-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Did riordan? He would've gave us something we don't have which can only be a good thing when building a squad.

Yes.

carnoustiehibee
22-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Yes.

Wasn't really the point I was getting at

silverhibee
22-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Wasn't really the point I was getting at

Was only answering the question you asked.

Ricky Bobby
22-08-2013, 07:12 PM
We are getting all worked up about potential signings, I would be more concerned about getting performances from the players we already have, I would'nt give Pat another penny until the current squad are played in their proper positions and results improve. He would only convert Mccourt into a full back anyway.

carnoustiehibee
22-08-2013, 07:20 PM
Was only answering the question you asked.

eh ken! :aok: i wonder if mcCourt ever did, not that it matters now.

Hibby 2005
22-08-2013, 07:21 PM
We are getting all worked up about potential signings, I would be more concerned about getting performances from the players we already have, I would'nt give Pat another penny until the current squad are played in their proper positions and results improve. He would only convert Mccourt into a full back anyway.

I think Rod Petrie probably agrees.

silverhibee
22-08-2013, 07:37 PM
eh ken! :aok: i wonder if mcCourt ever did, not that it matters now.

Can't remember McCourt winning a game for celtc, he scored a few wonder goals in his five years there, infact i think 10 in 5 seasons and hadn't scored in the last 2 seasons, my brother in law is a celtc ST holder and said PM was good at doing well for 5 minutes then he was blowing out his backside or going of injured again, even Lennon said that PM was wrecked with injuries.

hibees 7062
22-08-2013, 07:57 PM

Dont know , will i check for you ?

hibees 7062
22-08-2013, 08:00 PM
A more positive approach to the game would have won the derby for us. we don't need players who can turn it on for 5 minutes every week. We have more than enough of those already.

Playing with a winger would have been a more positive approach

hibees 7062
22-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Can I borrow your Dolorean for a day please? Would love to see into the future like you clearly did!

I dont know what that is , ill ask the bird if ive got one though

Purehibee_MYB
22-08-2013, 08:12 PM
I dont know what that is , ill ask the bird if ive got one though

Back to the Future reference pal! It's a time machine :greengrin

hibees 7062
22-08-2013, 08:17 PM
[QUOTE=Purehibee_MYB;3729386]Back to the Future reference pal! It's a time machine :greengrin[/QUOTE

Delorean yea mean :aok:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg/280px-Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/File:Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg)

The Sea-gull
22-08-2013, 08:18 PM
I predict we will make a matt done style signing at 11.59 on the last day of the window. The only way anything significant will happen is of we fare badly in our next two games and then either pat will be sacked or a couple of fan appeasing signings are made.

Carheenlea
22-08-2013, 08:18 PM
It`s a sad fact that clubs like Barnsley can probably class what we would consider a very good wage at Hibs as loose change at their club. With McCourt`s reputation both fitness and injury wise they can afford to take the risk on him whereas we can`t really afford to do so.

Back to the drawing board, and hopefully we have others in mind. Also be nice to think that in future the club will be able to negotiate in private and keep things under wraps rather than having a repeat of the McCourt saga being played out in the public eye.

Purehibee_MYB
22-08-2013, 08:24 PM
Delorean yea mean :aok:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg/280px-Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg (http://www.hibs.net/wiki/File:Delorean_dmc12_rear.jpg)

Aw sweet so you do have one for me to borrow?

hibees 7062
22-08-2013, 08:30 PM
Aw sweet so you do have one for me to borrow?

Ill sell yea it . I remember sitting in the original car when D and D videos in Drylaw had it for a day

Delorean Time Machine (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?campid=5336695108&customid=&toolid=10004&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.co.uk%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI. dll%3FViewItem%26item%3D130970996380)

£65,000.00

brydekirk
22-08-2013, 08:38 PM

It says more about paddy than us!!

erin go bragh
22-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Fluck him , only want players that want to play for us !

Ggtth

MacGruber
22-08-2013, 09:25 PM
It says more about paddy than us!!

Anyone considered he might have wanted to sign for Paddy and that was part of the problem. 90+% polled on here want him out, protests muted, Q&As etc. Most think he's serving a period of grace and will be gone soon - would you sign for that manager? :confused:

Tyler Durden
22-08-2013, 09:41 PM

Yes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8909529.stm

No room for this type of thing at Easter Road.

Ricky Bobby
22-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Yes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8909529.stm

No room for this type of thing at Easter Road.

Plenty of room for creative players in any team, but i would prefer one that had a bit more fitness and contributed for more than 5 mins in a match. Save the cash for the new man.

Unseen work
22-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Now he has signed for Barnsley can we pleaaaaaase stop using easy mains as some sort of rehab clinic for injury prone players/lacking fitness. It seems like anyone can train with us! I say only let them train with us if they are desperate for the deal to go through and were wanting a closer look.

Fine with giving them a look around but not training with us for 1-2 weeks with them having no intention to sign. Also annoys me when I hear about us letting ex players train with us and were "doing them a favour". There a ex player for a reason, keep the training for the people we have signed or people that want to sign.

LeithBoozy
23-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Anyone considered he might have wanted to sign for Paddy and that was part of the problem. 90+% polled on here want him out, protests muted, Q&As etc. Most think he's serving a period of grace and will be gone soon - would you sign for that manager? :confused:

Good point, there could be a lot of truth in that.

ancient hibee
23-08-2013, 03:50 PM

Comparing one of the SPLs all time top scorers with a guy who averages less that 2 goals a season seems particularly pointless.

Tyler Durden
24-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Comparing one of the SPLs all time top scorers with a guy who averages less that 2 goals a season seems particularly pointless.

The reason he averages 2 goals a season is that he is not good enough to play regularly for Celtic. Exactly the same as Riordan.

McCourt would have walked into any other SPL team.

ancient hibee
24-08-2013, 07:03 PM
The reason he averages 2 goals a season is that he is not good enough to play regularly for Celtic. Exactly the same as Riordan.

He would have had to walk-he certainly can't run.

carnoustiehibee
24-08-2013, 07:07 PM

Yes that's what I was trying to get at, but replying to him seemed pretty pointless