PDA

View Full Version : Derby week and Jambo "friends"

aussie_hibee
06-08-2013, 08:15 AM
With it being derby week, I'm sure a lot of us will handle those jambos in our lives in a few different ways.

I'm blessed that I'm over here and it's kept to a minimum but obviously social media etc makes the world a bit smaller than it used to be.

So, how do you handle it? Give them a wide berth? Just not talk about it? Or go hell for leather for the next week?

Personally, I don't have any really "typical" yams in my life and the ones that have their moments, I just steer clear for the week. The others are decent people, and one in particular who is a friend from primary school and a really good person, we've just agreed not to talk about it. (Although I'm sure the occasional wind up will slip out). After the game, there'll be some light banter then on with life.

Green&White
06-08-2013, 08:27 AM
Its not funny nor clever to take the P out of the dying :cb

Billychaotic182
06-08-2013, 08:47 AM
My best mate who is a Jambo is now doing the whole "Scottish football is boring I can't be done with it anymore" so I'm not getting much out of him these days. The term jumped ship comes to mind

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-08-2013, 09:11 AM
I have a couple of acquaintances who are from the dark side, one of whom is an insufferable blind fool and "believes" all the yam myth about winning both world wars etc but he is English (bless) and really has had a hard time at the brainwashing unit over the last few years.

I really have started to hate this odious club after years of not really bothering about them.

MyJo
06-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Don't associate with jambos......simples!

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 09:25 AM
I have quite a few Yam friends (and a brother who is a Hearts ST holder, jumped ship when he was young because of school friends) who I have known & played football with for over 20 years, we have lot's of banter between us but all good natured & good fun.

They are all good guys and whilst I love seeing Hearts suffer I do feel for them (well just a little) as would hate Hibs to be in the same situation as they are.

They're not all bad, just most of them. :lolyam:

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Don't associate with jambos......simples!

Quite right too!

Geo_1875
06-08-2013, 09:41 AM
My best mate who is a Jambo is now doing the whole "Scottish football is boring I can't be done with it anymore" so I'm not getting much out of him these days. The term jumped ship comes to mind

He'll be back to his horrible normal self if they get a result on Sunday. They just can't help themselves.

The_Horde
06-08-2013, 09:43 AM
My jambo mates are all confident about beating us on Sunday AND staying up. Insane arrogance!

Hermit Crab
06-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Quite right too!

Erm - Hammy?

lord bunberry
06-08-2013, 09:48 AM

The only Jambo I know has been saying exactly the same thing since the end of last season.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2013, 10:03 AM

Typical - had a wee word with our family token yam who was spouting about the 400,000 at Perth, he rarely goes along to tiny never mind away games so I asked him how he enjoyed the atmosphere. He apparently had the "chance" to go but went to "see something" at the festival instead. Probsably free.

When goaded further he was moved to say that he is less interested in Scotish football now because the authorities have given hearts a "double punishment" :slipper::slipper: which is especially bad when the SPL have known that they have been trading independently and profitably for two years (yes two!, I know).

Nae wonder the Liths were able to get all the share money and the first tranche of ST money and cake money safely into the bin liners before doing a runner.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2013, 10:06 AM
Erm - Hammy?

Not saw the man for about two years.

Killiehibbie
06-08-2013, 10:10 AM
Don't think i've spoken to one since last August. Saw more hearts tops on holiday than i've saw in 20 years through here.

Eyrie
06-08-2013, 07:07 PM
I'm concentrating on just how poor we were against Malmo and Motherwell, which neutralises any slagging this week and will nicely set up next week when I can say "I told you we were crap, so how bad must you be that we still won?" :greengrin

Ricky Bobby
06-08-2013, 07:18 PM
My old dad is a yam, so i have been trying to keep the "your clubs nearly deid" stuff to minimum. ( out of pity). I will however be indulging in some 6 in a row gloating on Sunday afternoon.

:fenlon

06-08-2013, 07:26 PM
A lot of jambos I know are still giving it "big team wee team" "haha use lost 0-7 in Europe" "5-1 and 1902"

Unbelievable arrogance :rolleyes:

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Who are these Hearts you talk about, ah I think I remember those chaps, and who were the other ones again......Gretna.....that's the ones!

pontius pilate
06-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Can't believe some of them think that we are relaxation candidates someone please remind me who started on -15 this season and are still-15 behind the rest of the league. Thank god I don't associate with any yams

Hibercelona
06-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Every one of them that i've spoken to thinks that it's going to be a relegation battle between us and Partick Thistle, with them sitting snug in the top half of the table.

I don't make friends with jambos. I have greater intellectual conversations with my pets.

coco22
06-08-2013, 08:59 PM
Can't believe some of them think that we are relaxation candidates someone please remind me who started on -15 this season and are still-15 behind the rest of the league. Thank god I don't associate with any yams

True and false. We could bore you to sleep yet induce a breakdown at times

pontius pilate
06-08-2013, 09:04 PM
Damn phone anyways relegation candidates

Sproule Three
09-08-2013, 12:02 AM
Living where I do , I don't know any , I never see any around and I have no reason to wish it was any different !

Hibrandenburg
09-08-2013, 06:25 AM
Never had any Jambo mates until yesterday. But if any of my new mates are reading this then "I hope we show you on Sunday how ***** it's going to be a Jambo from now on".

Matty_Jack04
09-08-2013, 06:47 AM
All I'm getting is 'best youngsters in Scotland' blah blah blah even when I remind them there U20 team finished below Hamilton accies last year it makes no difference these mugs think everything is rosey and I'm left believing I've made terrible friend choices over the years

Chris.igoe
09-08-2013, 07:07 AM
My dad , brother , and neighbours are yams . Good banter but the last year was really good. had a he•••s going bust party I was over the fence with the Champaign . My dad walked in and walk oot . Hopefully we get the win

Pretty Boy
09-08-2013, 07:32 AM
I've a few mates who are Hearts fans but I don't talk to them about football.

They just don't have a clue. I'm not sure where it comes from but they genuinely see themselves as a massive club only half a step down from Barcelona, Manchester United etc.

Note to any Hearts fans looking in: Winning more Scottish Cups than us doesn't make you a big team!

Lmc2105
09-08-2013, 07:43 AM
My missus is a jambo, yah ano ... season ticket holder and a paying member off FOH, that in its own right probably deserves to be chucked :greengrin we just dont associate untill after the 90 mins when one off us usually ignore each other!!

Lmc2105
09-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Living where I do , I don't know any , I never see any around and I have no reason to wish it was any different !

I would say that sounds like a football paradise!!

SouthamptonHibs
10-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Ive been getting stuck into my mates who support the puddle drinking tax dodging cheating barstewards...give them hell...ooh to bee a Hibby

Holmesdale Hibs
10-08-2013, 07:03 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one listening to this. I always found its the part time fans who know **** all about football that are the most lippy. The ones who do care about football give and take a bit of banter pretty well.

edinburghhibee
10-08-2013, 08:31 PM
My missus is a jambo, yah ano ... season ticket holder and a paying member off FOH, that in its own right probably deserves to be chucked :greengrin we just dont associate untill after the 90 mins when one off us usually ignore each other!!

I'm in the same boat mate, misses is a hearts fan as is all her family breed them out matey take the hit ;)

She's usually alright though if hearts win she isn't too bad on me and if hibs win she comes out to party with us.

Dav1986
10-08-2013, 11:35 PM
The father in law is a jambo but reckons they'll lose tomorrow....

I have the pleasure of having sky sports and him staying overnight tonight with my dad (also a hibee) coming down to watch the game so we can double up on the father in law :)

DAVE1875
10-08-2013, 11:59 PM
No friends or family members that are Jambos but I do know a few.

Including the head of computing at Aberdeen College, which my course comes under. Gave me a real dirty look when he came into class the day after we won at PBS and saw me sitting there with my Hibs top on and a smug look on my face :tee hee:

He is one of those who enjoy a good laugh though. One time I talked to him he casually slipped a 5-1 reference into the conversation

calmac12000
11-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Every one of them that i've spoken to thinks that it's going to be a relegation battle between us and Partick Thistle, with them sitting snug in the top half of the table.

I don't make friends with jambos. I have greater intellectual conversations with my pets.

Think Thistle are about to burst that particular maroon balloon , by all accounts they were fairly impressive in their victory over Ross County and I severely doubt that the boys in maroon are likely to receive any succor when they visit Maryhill on Friday ! In fact a wee bird tells me that two Hertz defeats in the space of six days could see the good ship Glen well and truly on the rocks.

VivaHiberña
11-08-2013, 05:15 AM

Afraid I can top that...

The last derby was the first time I'd watched one in the company of any yams. Needless to say, it was a testing experience for both parties.

At half time my associate skipped off to the kitchen to make "victory bacon rolls," wouldn't stop giving all the usual "in our shadow wee team" pish etc

By full time it was a "meaningless bottom-six game. I don't care." Clearly 'hurting.'

Anyway, let's get into the b*******!

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

DAVE1875
11-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Afraid I can top that...

The last derby was the first time I'd watched one in the company of any yams. Needless to say, it was a testing experience for both parties.

At half time my associate skipped off to the kitchen to make "victory bacon rolls," wouldn't stop giving all the usual "in our shadow wee team" pish etc

By full time it was a "meaningless bottom-six game. I don't care." Clearly 'hurting.'

Anyway, let's get into the b*******!

:flag::pfgwa:flag:

At half-time, if it's still 0-0, tell him "Get the rolls on then" :greengrin