PDA

View Full Version : Who's The Ref At The PBS

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 08:38 PM
?

Tinribs
05-08-2013, 11:01 PM
?

I did a simple Google search, used the words 'spfl upcoming games'...i thought it would be right there :agree:

However, we get this shady type of ballgame as the top hit for spfl http://www.hometeamsonline.com/teams/?u=SPFLFOOTBALL&s=football&t=c

If you hit that link, turn your headphones or speakers down :aok:

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 11:03 PM
:tee hee:

Future17
05-08-2013, 11:04 PM
Not announced until the weekend matches and fitness are reviewed. Will find it here once announced: http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2061

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 11:05 PM
As long as it's no they ****ers thomson or murray

Shields Hibee
05-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Hopefully not Thomson

snooky
05-08-2013, 11:16 PM
Hopefully not Thomson

Why? What has he ever done to us?

:fishin: :wink:

Shields Hibee
05-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Do I have to explain? :wink:

KWJ
06-08-2013, 02:49 AM
As long as it's no they ****ers thomson or murray

Has Callum Murray been particularly bad to us?

I mind hearing he's a jambo but always thought he'd been fair, if anything kind on Hibs. Only game I really mind though is the LC Quarter 1-0 Jones.

Aldo
06-08-2013, 06:39 AM
Hopefully not Thomson

This. After his performance on Fri nite he should be relegated to an U 9's league.

I hope it's the boy McLean. He had an excellent game at the PBS last time out.

Don't think he booked anyone!

He'll do.

TAHibby
06-08-2013, 10:18 AM
It's CT.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2061

Hibee87
06-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Hibs to have a player sent off, and a dodgy penalty against us......it will be tough playing against 12 men :rolleyes:

danhibees1875
06-08-2013, 10:27 AM
It's CT.

Had a feeling they'd just wait a year then through him back in to a derby and see what happens. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
06-08-2013, 10:28 AM
It's CT.

Magic. :rolleyes:

aarsan
06-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Our directors/manager should be lodging a strongly worded protest to the SPFL now about this appointment.
There are 3 other referees officiating at matches on Sunday who could have been assigned to our game.
Given Craig Thomsons history in officiating our games this is scandalous.

Liberal Hibby
06-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Didn't Thomson ref the cup game last season?

Del Boy
At least we've got a ready made excuse when we fail to show up on Sunday.

CropleyWasGod
Our directors/manager should be lodging a strongly worded protest to the SPFL now about this appointment.
There are 3 other referees officiating at matches on Sunday who could have been assigned to our game.

Celtc-ish.

Callum_62
06-08-2013, 10:37 AM
so the reward for not sending the Utd player off for 2 horrible lunges is to get the game of the weekend the following week

Nice work SFA.

Cabbage East
06-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Nice work :rolleyes:

The Keeper
06-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Nice work :rolleyes:

How's he got a game to referee at all...after that stunning performance last Friday night?

Callum_62
06-08-2013, 10:45 AM
if he done the same in an OF cup final, he would never be given another OF game

Hibs should make a fuss over it.

Spike Mandela
06-08-2013, 10:46 AM
so the reward for not sending the jags player off for 2 horrible lunges is to get the game of the weekend the following week

Nice work SFA.

:agree:This. Incompetence rewarded again by the SFA. Wouldn't surprise me if this prick requested this game.

JimBHibees
06-08-2013, 10:49 AM
so the reward for not sending the jags player off for 2 horrible lunges is to get the game of the weekend the following week

Nice work SFA.

Dundee United player against Thistle, possibly :greengrin Hearts main rivals for relegation. :hmmm:

That is a staggering appointment IMO.

Leishy1995
06-08-2013, 10:50 AM

DarrenSQH
06-08-2013, 10:53 AM
That will spice up the atmosphere. Anytime i see that **** it makes my blood boil.

Hope he gets 90 mins of abuse from the Hibees.

Callum_62
06-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Dundee United player against Thistle, possibly :greengrin Hearts main rivals for relegation. :hmmm:

That is a staggering appointment IMO.

Yep, thats what I meant....edited now!

pretty crazy appointment....id certainly be making a fuss if I was Fenlon. At least highlighting the concerns, putting the pressure on

Cant believe he is given any further derbies tho after the final

ridiculous

Diclonius
if he done the same in an OF cup final, he would never be given another OF game

Hibs should make a fuss over it.

Absolutely.

We should do a Celtic and make an announcement stating that we have lodged a formal complaint with the SFA over the appointment of Thomson, given his track record and in particular blatant incompetence in the 2012 Scottish Cup Final.

Grow some ****ing balls Hibs and do it.

JimBHibees
That will spice up the atmosphere. Anytime i see that **** it makes my blood boil.

Hope he gets 90 mins of abuse from the Hibees.

He will love that.

carnoustiehibee
06-08-2013, 10:57 AM
I can't believe he's getting to ref a derby again never mind another SPLG2Px fixture.

Sums up the SFA though

HH81
06-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Least we will now know if he really is a cheat or just a poor ref.

The last couple I have seen him when reffing Hibs there has been no issues.

davhibby
06-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Forgetting THAT game, in England after Friday night he would have been given a lower league game. Why can't the SFA punish refs when they have bad games? Everyone else seems to be able to

The Keeper
06-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I can't believe he's getting to ref a derby again never mind another SPLG2Px fixture.

Sums up the SFA though

Totally agree. It's the contempt they have for supporters that's sad.

Diclonius
06-08-2013, 11:01 AM

coco22
06-08-2013, 11:08 AM
Forgetting THAT game, in England after Friday night he would have been given a lower league game. Why can't the SFA punish refs when they have bad games? Everyone else seems to be able toOn talksport this morning, Neil warnock made a point of highlighting the magnificent refereeing at the utd v thistle match on Friday night and how Craig Thomson had made the game so enjoyable! An erse of a man complimenting an another erse whilst talking out his erse. Couldn't believe my ears

Sean1875
06-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Ludicrious decision, yet I was half-expecting this to happen. SFA are a complete joke of an organisation and as much as Hibs should strongly protest this, we wont :rolleyes:

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Getting him in our very next competitive match after THAT cup final was the ultimate p!ss take, so nothing surprises me really.

This is bad news though, especially after the 3 major decisions that went against us in derbies last season.

Leithenhibby
06-08-2013, 11:20 AM
At least we've got a ready made excuse when we fail to show up on Sunday.

:yawn:

Why bother!............ :rolleyes:

Geo_1875
06-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Un****ingbelievable. Simply staggering that this erse of a man continues to get Edinburgh derbies. And for those who say there has been nothing untoward in the last few Hibs game he has refereed, just wait until the first time he is called on to make a decision. He just can't help himself. And when he makes a total cock of that decision, he will be defended by all and sundry in the media and we will be accused of Celtc-like paranoia. Well it's not paranoia when they ARE all out to get you.

Fife-Hibee
06-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Thank **** im not going to the piggery, heartattack material :-(

Aldo
06-08-2013, 11:29 AM
O dear what are they thinking. He shouldn't be anywhere near the top league fixtures after his abysmal performance last Fri nite.

Guys and gals be prepared for more if the same.

First Yam tackle - word in war
First Hibs tackle of similar nature- yellow card.

We will have to be very very disciplined on Sun and not give him any excuse to pull out the cards.

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I thought the reference to Thomson was a joke! So it's true? :grr:
We can forget winning the derby then. Thomson will be 'refereeing' the match in his Hearts strip, and they need him now more than ever before.

18Craig75
06-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Can someone raise this with the club at the LWT meeting, personally think we should be going public about this, shocking decision.

GreenCastle
06-08-2013, 12:03 PM
He's been the ref in 4 derbies and all 4 we have lost :rolleyes:

Losing 11 goals in those games and scoring 1 !

He has history of sending off 2 Hibs players in those 4 games - Steven Fletcher in 2009 and Kujabi in 2012.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............

He is a shocking ref and it's not just Hibs games he's made serious errors in :rolleyes:

Deansy
06-08-2013, 12:14 PM
So, along with their first 3 home-matches being their biggest crowd-pullers, they now get Thomson ??. Wonder if any bookies will be offering odds on them getting their now customary 'Retrospective Red-card' when it makes no difference ??.

GREEN WARLORD
06-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Where's the Thomson sympathisers, c'mon it wouldn't be .net without you?

JimBHibees
06-08-2013, 12:38 PM

What a brilliant poster that is. :not worth

ehf
06-08-2013, 12:56 PM
Actually struggling to believe this - it's so wrong on so many levels.

Leaving the "bias/cheating" issue to one side for now, Thomson had a nightmare last Friday night. Here's what the BBC had to say - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23583222:

Thomson has refereed in the Champions League and is highly regarded but he must be cringing about his performance at Firhill.

I would imagine his employers at the Scottish FA were not too impressed either.

Yet instead of punishing him, he gets given the plum game in the next round of fixtures. It is inconceivable that this should happen in any properly run, fair and impartial sports organisation.

Then on to the "bias/cheating" issue: my Jambo colleagues are openly celebrating and congratulating each other on this appointment as they know Thomson is "one of their own" and hates us. His corrupt performance in the 2012 Cup Final was beyond anything I've seen in over 30 years, culminating in his awarding a penalty for Kujabi's pull on the Spanish Waiter's shirt that took place at least 5 yards outside the box: there were photos on here at the time showing Thomson was perfectly positioned, just a few yards behind with an unobtructed view, so there is no way that could be put down to human error. It was cheating, pure and simple.

True, he kept a low profile in our games he reffed last season but then he would, wouldn't he, after having got away with what he did at Hampden?

It's a racing certainty he'll be back at his worst on Sunday, desperate to ensure the Yams win, and the SFA/SPFL must know that. We should protest in the strongest possible terms. I have tickets for the game which I bought in good faith in the excpectation of a fair sporting contest and if this cheat is allowed to handle the game, that's the last thing we'll get.

06-08-2013, 01:03 PM
Useless, cheating *******! The fact that he is considered the best ref in Scotland just highlight how unbelievably appalling the refereeing standard is in this country.

The guy has proven time and time again that he is a hearts *******, he has made that no secret and he has shafted hibs more times than I care to remember. This unprofessional, biased, cheating clown should be absolutely no where near a hibs game let alone a derby when it is a well known fact that he supported hearts. Can you imagine if this happened with the old firm, a rangers supporting referee appointed to ref the OF derby. Celtic would be in uproar, the manager would be out going crazy etc. but we just accept this clown and in turn get shafted.

**** off Thompson you hearts ****er!

06-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Actually struggling to believe this - it's so wrong on so many levels.

Leaving the "bias/cheating" issue to one side for now, Thomson had a nightmare last Friday night. Here's what the BBC had to say - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23583222:

Thomson has refereed in the Champions League and is highly regarded but he must be cringing about his performance at Firhill.

I would imagine his employers at the Scottish FA were not too impressed either.

Yet instead of punishing him, he gets given the plum game in the next round of fixtures. It is inconceivable that this should happen in any properly run, fair and impartial sports organisation.

Then on to the "bias/cheating" issue: my Jambo colleagues are openly celebrating and congratulating each other on this appointment as they know Thomson is "one of their own" and hates us. His corrupt performance in the 2012 Cup Final was beyond anything I've seen in over 30 years, culminating in his awarding a penalty for Kujabi's pull on the Spanish Waiter's shirt that took place at least 5 yards outside the box: there were photos on here at the time showing Thomson was perfectly positioned, just a few yards behind with an unobtructed view, so there is no way that could be put down to human error. It was cheating, pure and simple.

True, he kept a low profile in our games he reffed last season but then he would, wouldn't he, after having got away with what he did at Hampden?

It's a racing certainty he'll be back at his worst on Sunday, desperate to ensure the Yams win, and the SFA/SPFL must know that. We should protest in the strongest possible terms. I have tickets for the game which I bought in good faith in the excpectation of a fair sporting contest and if this cheat is allowed to handle the game, that's the last thing we'll get.

After his shocking performance last week they go and give him the biggets game in Scotland in the following round of fixtures! Only the SFA eh :rolleyes:

FromTheCapital
06-08-2013, 01:12 PM
One error in a massive moment and he's the worst referee in the world... I know it was in the Scottish Cup Final against them and yes it was the turning point in that match but come on eh, that over a year ago and since then he's refereed 4 or 5 Hibs games and he's been fine in every one. Stop using this pish as an excuse for Sunday! If we turn up then we'll win and that's that. :rolleyes:

Fife-Hibee
06-08-2013, 01:27 PM
One error in a massive moment and he's the worst referee in the world... I know it was in the Scottish Cup Final against them and yes it was the turning point in that match but come on eh, that over a year ago and since then he's refereed 4 or 5 Hibs games and he's been fine in every one. Stop using this pish as an excuse for Sunday! If we turn up then we'll win and that's that. :rolleyes:

Your blind mate :-(

dangermouse
06-08-2013, 01:43 PM

You are joking? The first game he refereed after the final was the opening game of last season away to United. His performance that day was shambolic (a bit like ours) as he should have awarded at least two stonewall penalties to United (one very early on) but bottled it!

He isn't fit to wear a referee's kit let alone actually referee a match at any level. UEFA must be really scraping the barrel if he gets CL games.

Diclonius
06-08-2013, 02:04 PM
What a brilliant poster that is. :not worth

Hopefully there will be nothing to add to it after Sunday. Can't see it though. :rolleyes:

PeterboroHibee
06-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Thats excellent, and highlights the number of key decisions he has gotten wrong in our games alone (although Kujabi's was a red card :wink:).

Im very surprised that he has been given the biggest game in Scotland after the Dundee United game, two decisions that could have seriously injured players and led to a penalty for Ross County, and he gives the sum total of a yellow card.

Hibercelona
06-08-2013, 02:37 PM

He was fine in the last several games for us, because he was being watched with very close eyes and he knew it.

He'll now be thinking that he's due another "mistake" against us.

OrdHibby
06-08-2013, 02:52 PM
Petrie needs to make a stance on this. He should never referee a Hibs game let alone a Derby.

**** OFFFFFFFFFFF

:fuming:

OrdHibby
06-08-2013, 02:53 PM

We do know he's a ****ing cheat

Geo_1875
06-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Petrie needs to make a stance on this. He should never referee a Hibs game let alone a Derby.

**** OFFFFFFFFFFF

:fuming:

Didn't Rod raise this before that cup final and was completely blanked by the blazers?

OrdHibby
06-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Didn't Rod raise this before that cup final and was completely blanked by the blazers?

Raise it again, and again and again.

Make it headline news

kaimendhibs
06-08-2013, 03:04 PM

Heard it all now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceman1875
06-08-2013, 03:06 PM
He's the ref, big deal. Can't do much about it. Let's just concentrate on winning the game and getting behind the team.

Treadstone
06-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Fenlon needs to use this to his advantage. Put the pressure on in the pre-match presser a la Fergie and Mourinho. Get Thomson knowing that he is under the microscope.

Judas Iscariot
06-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Fenlon needs to use this to his advantage. Put the pressure on in the pre-match presser a la Fergie and Mourinho. Get Thomson knowing that he is under the microscope.

This 100% :agree:

But as this is Hibs we're talking about, we won't...

Far too soft and want to play all nicey nicey :rolleyes:

truehibernian
06-08-2013, 03:28 PM
To be brutally honest Pat might be worth saying what Hibs feel and taking a long touchline ban (tongueincheeksmiley).

Terrible ref, shows how poor the SFA and authorities are that they keep giving him showpiece games - Callum Murray, Steven McLean or young Euan Norris for me. All three are by far and away the fairest and most consistent.

JimBHibees
06-08-2013, 03:38 PM
To be brutally honest Pat might be worth saying what Hibs feel and taking a long touchline ban (tongueincheeksmiley).

Terrible ref, shows how poor the SFA and authorities are that they keep giving him showpiece games - Callum Murray, Steven McLean or young Euan Norris for me. All three are by far and away the fairest and most consistent.

I think the Dortmund Malaga game pretty much showed up how bad Scottish officials really are.

truehibernian
06-08-2013, 03:52 PM
I think the Dortmund Malaga game pretty much showed up how bad Scottish officials really are.

So many games here and abroad before that particular game showed up his chronic lack of ability Jim - it's two things though, sad that Scottish football needs to have a 'panto villain' ref to raise the profile of games or generate 'talking points' and that a referee gets such attention and not the actual game.

He's shockingly bad and I expect no different this weekend - early on he'll be whistle happy and prevent the game flowing, thus more spotlight on him. I'll wager the first time there's an advantage to Hibs to play on he'll pull the game back - and warn the Hearts player. Absolute guarantee.

greenginger
06-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Any chance of the UBIG administrator turning up any unexplained payments to a C. Thomson in Scotland about 15 months ago.

In fact lets just get a romour started.

JimBHibees
06-08-2013, 03:56 PM
So many games here and abroad before that particular game showed up his chronic lack of ability Jim - it's two things though, sad that Scottish football needs to have a 'panto villain' ref to raise the profile of games or generate 'talking points' and that a referee gets such attention and not the actual game.

He's shockingly bad and I expect no different this weekend - early on he'll be whistle happy and prevent the game flowing, thus more spotlight on him. I'll wager the first time there's an advantage to Hibs to play on he'll pull the game back - and warn the Hearts player. Absolute guarantee.

No doubt that is exactly what will happen. Can remember when we lost 2-0 at Tynecastle with the Spanish waiter scoring on the break in the last minute, after the game he had the biggest smile I have ever seen a ref have. He was delighted IMO.

JimBHibees
06-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Any chance of the UBIG administrator turning up any unexplained payments to a C. Thomson in Scotland about 15 months ago.

In fact lets just get a romour started.

Wouldnt rule that one out. Also a few entries for Z. Malkowski. :greengrin

snooky
06-08-2013, 04:53 PM

Personally I think the Hibs Board should write in now complaining about his dreadful performance this coming weekend.
It's a no brainer.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Rod HAS to come out and say something!! Come on Hibs, stop being soft touches FFS!!! At the very least Pat has to mention it in the next few days build up. Can you imagine for a second, SAF if there was a ref in England that had given even a tenth of the decisions that we've had to endure, against Man Utd. He wouldn't be holding back and he'd certainly be putting some pressure on before the game. Still infuriates me that nothing was done about him after the final

Waxy
06-08-2013, 05:11 PM
I've just caught the end of this thread.
Please do not tell me Thomson is the ref?

I think the new SPFL should bring in a rule that your not allowed to ref matches
involving the team you support.

NOLA
06-08-2013, 07:47 PM
our ****ty derby record isnt all down to jambo refs FFS if the team turns up and plays proper from the start the ref shouldnt matter, **** craig thomson and **** hertz.

bobbyhibs1983
06-08-2013, 09:23 PM
our ****ty derby record isnt all down to jambo refs FFS if the team turns up and plays proper from the start the ref shouldnt matter, **** craig thomson and **** hertz.

the ref doesn't matter? i mean if a hibs player puts in a hard BUT fair challange in the 2nd minute of the game and sees red, it doesn't matter?:confused:

Now most refs would let it go but the ref for sunday?:rolleyes:

monktonharp
06-08-2013, 10:00 PM
our ****ty derby record isnt all down to jambo refs FFS if the team turns up and plays proper from the start the ref shouldnt matter, **** craig thomson and **** hertz.get real man. that barsteward should not be ref on sunday. he'll do everything he can to help them, to win, not to lose, to survive. he's a known jambo and stuck it right up us on mair than one occasion. he's a smarmy jambo ****.

Makaveli
06-08-2013, 10:30 PM
the ref doesn't matter? i mean if a hibs player puts in a hard BUT fair challange in the 2nd minute of the game and sees red, it doesn't matter?:confused:

Now most refs would let it go but the ref for sunday?:rolleyes:

Nah, fouls in the first few minutes don't count for Thomson. Or is that just when it's Black?

Genuinely amazed that this streak of pish got the derby. Cheating aside he was rank on Friday night. Sad state of affairs when he can be described as Scotland's top ref.

Spike Mandela
06-08-2013, 11:17 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/craig-thomson-to-referee-hearts-hibs-derby-1-3032461

Kato
06-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Ah dinny like um.

monktonharp
06-08-2013, 11:39 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/craig-thomson-to-referee-hearts-hibs-derby-1-3032461well well well. that's the first time I've noticed this paper say, that we had grievances over the derby final.they're not saying we were correct, but do actually point out that it wisnae a penalty!. still to come, jambo **** play Hibs, in cup final using players they could not afford,and in some cases should never have had, all leading to the eventual demise of a once proud establishment club. good auld Scotsman, get it right in the end.:rolleyes:

Miguel
07-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I like others have previously posted on Thomson, his background and performance in the 2012 final before, so won't rehash it here.
In general, I think Thomson's performance that day escaped closer scrutiny from people outside of ourselves because the defeat was so comprehensive that it was reckoned, 'Well, even if the ref was crap, Hibs would have lost anyway.' And 'it's only the diddy Edinburgh clubs, so who cares anyway?'
To appoint him to the first Hibs game after the final was an insult, but probably deliberate by the football authorities as a show of power.
Noticeably, they didn't push it too far by not giving him a derby last season and you would, in the normal course of things, as 'Scotland's top referee', expected him to get at least one of the five played.
I suspect he was on his best behaviour with us last season: his appointments may have even worked in our favour as he erred on the side of caution: witness Skacel's perfectly good disallowed goal at Easter Road.
He may do likewise at the weekend, knowing he is under scrutiny.
Hearts' fans always had a thing about Dougie McDonald, because he was a known Hibbie, but he gave us diddly squat, perhaps because of that very fact.
Will add spice to game on Sunday anyway, but the point, which many posters have missed, but should be re-emphasised, and what makes the whole thing so intriguing, is that Thomson is not a Hearts' fan. His enmity toward us stems from other reasons, which, again, have been outlined elsewhere.
He is also just a very poor referee.
Should Hibs object to his appointment? Yes, why not?
Should we put him under pressure for Sunday? Absolutely.

Fergus52
07-08-2013, 12:50 AM

Are you for real?

He was fine with us last season because he had to be.

Dunfermline semi final, Bamba clearly hacks deano down in the box, no pen. Other end their player blatantly dives, they get the pen and Dunfermline go through.

Killie at home, griffiths booked for diving after losing his balance and slipping over, he wasn't pretending to be hurt or calling for a foul, the booking ruled him out of a big game.

Aberdeen away, sproule makes no contact whatsoever with pawlett who flings himself in the air, Aberdeen get the pen and beat us.

There are other examples which I can't think of off of the top of my head.

Also if you at his profile on transfermarkt, and see all the games where he has reffed us prior to last season, a key player is always booked within the first fifteen minutes of the game.

frazeHFC
07-08-2013, 12:51 AM
"The 41-year-old referee has been appointed to officiate the televised capital clash at Tynecastle on Sunday and is sure of a hostile reception from the travelling support."

Too right!

givescotlandfreedom
07-08-2013, 01:11 AM
Heard it all now

I'm not sure which one of his 'mistakes' this refers to.

Diclonius
07-08-2013, 01:21 AM
Will add spice to game on Sunday anyway, but the point, which many posters have missed, but should be re-emphasised, and what makes the whole thing so intriguing, is that Thomson is not a Hearts' fan. His enmity toward us stems from other reasons, which, again, have been outlined elsewhere.

What are they? I genuinely don't know.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Hibs silence on this issue illustrates what's wrong with our club. 'Dignity' has become confused with spinelessness and apathy.

Hibercelona
07-08-2013, 01:49 AM
Hibs silence on this issue illustrates what's wrong with our club. 'Dignity' has become confused with spinelessness and apathy.

Who do you think should speak up? Rodders? Fenlon? Farmer? And what do you think it would accomplish?

As I recall, the club did speak up about their disappointments after the cup final. The SFA showed their acknowledgement by presenting us with this roaster for the first game of the next season against Dundee Utd!

Boyle89
07-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Who do you think should speak up? Rodders? Fenlon? Farmer? And what do you think it would accomplish?

As I recall, the club did speak up about their disappointments after the cup final. The SFA showed their acknowledgement by presenting us with this roaster for the first game of the next season against Dundee Utd!
I'm sure I read some article somewhere in which Rod said the club requested C(un)T not be given the final but was then given it anyway. Am I just making this up cause I'm positive I saw it. We will just have to make sure we win the game comfortably and put it beyond his reach to shaft us once again. Also that poster highlighting the decisions is brilliant! 5 horrendous, game changing, decisions over 5 separate games. Our derby record may be utter pish but no wonder when you've got to compete with that...

Fergus52
07-08-2013, 02:33 AM
What are they? I genuinely don't know.

Our old board member, Amanda jones, was his boss for a period of time.

Apparently they didn't get on very well.

VivaHiberņa
07-08-2013, 03:03 AM
Why does everyone seem to think he was "on his best behaviour" with us last season? I can think of at least 2 dodgy penalties given against us (St Johnstone and Aberdeen, both saved by Big Ben :greengrin) and a downright weird attempt at giving the Sheep a free kick against us in our own half for being offside :confused:.

That said, the idea that he has it in for us seems a bit Celtcesque. I think he's just incompetent, though sometimes I do wonder.

Can you imagine for a second, SAF if there was a ref in England that had given even a tenth of the decisions that we've had to endure, against Man Utd. He wouldn't be holding back and he'd certainly be putting some pressure on before the game. Still infuriates me that nothing was done about him after the final

SAF has become something of a whiney ersehole though. You might as well say that "Can you imagine for a second, Neil Lennon if there was a ref in Scotland that had given even a tenth of the decisions that we've had to endure, against Celtc." I don't want Hibs to embarrass themselves by going down that route. By all means, complain to the SFA/SPFL and even point out (to the press) that it's odd that his f***-up last weekend is rewarded with this week's showpiece fixture, but lets not go down the conspiracy route.

kaimendhibs
07-08-2013, 05:12 AM
I'm not sure which one of his 'mistakes' this refers to.

It's on reply to a post saying he's basically not been that bad against us Scott

Smidge
07-08-2013, 05:57 AM
Our old board member, Amanda jones, was his boss for a period of time.

Apparently they didn't get on very well.

Not sure about that. Same firm, Maclay Murray Spens, but different practice areas I think. Her field is employment law while my experience of CT (he briefly worked on a deal I was involved with) is that his field was construction/contracts.

Onion
07-08-2013, 06:19 AM

Normally, that would be right but the standard of refereeing at Hibs v Hearts matches in recent years has been disgraceful to the point where Hearts players now know they have licence to put the boot in and nothing will happen to them...unti AFTER the game. That's a huge advantage to take into any game.

Passions will be running high at this one. Can you really see any ref sending a Hearts player off at the PBS. There will be a riot!!

I agree that Hibs should be putting pressure on Thomson NOW through the media so there is no hiding place for this clown. Hearts could not have script-writed this better and it would not surprise me if bookies shortened their odds on Hearts with Thomson's appointment. He is an arrogant Yam who will see this as his stage to do something for his club.

Mr White
07-08-2013, 06:22 AM
When and who was the last hearts player to be sent off in a derby at tynecastle?

Aldo
07-08-2013, 06:35 AM
When and who was the last hearts player to be sent off in a derby at tynecastle?

Karapidas in the Casper game. Last man challenge Deek stepped up and slotted penalty home.

Mr White
07-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Karapidas in the Casper game. Last man challenge Deek stepped up and slotted penalty home.

Of course :aok:

OrdHibby
07-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Until the club stand up and make huge noises of discontent against referees like this prick then we'll always get decisions against us. Remember he sent Steven Fletcher ( aye that midden :rolleyes: ) off it the scottish cup game at Easter Road when he tried to block a Berra punt. Photo evidence showed Berra standing on Fletch's foot and not the other way round. Straight red 20mins into a game totally dominated by Hibs to that point.

THE *******S A CHEATING HAWRTS ****

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Until the club stand up and make huge noises of discontent against referees like this prick then we'll always get decisions against us. Remember he sent Steven Fletcher ( aye that midden :rolleyes: ) off it the scottish cup game at Easter Road when he tried to block a Berra punt. Photo evidence showed Berra standing on Fletch's foot and not the other way round. Straight red 20mins into a game totally dominated by Hibs to that point.

THE *******S A CHEATING HAWRTS ****

They did before the Cup Final, IIRC.

OrdHibby
07-08-2013, 09:24 AM
They did before the Cup Final, IIRC.

Did they whisper it ? BIG NOISES REQUIRED. JOE PUBLIC NEEDS TO HEAR THEM

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Did they whisper it ? BIG NOISES REQUIRED. JOE PUBLIC NEEDS TO HEAR THEM

:greengrin

Devil's Advocate here, but why does Joe Public need to hear them? Other than Lennon-esque grandstanding, what would be the point?

doddsy
07-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Craig Thomson is clearly a cheat, there is no doubting thatt from the evidence of repeated biased decisions or ignored decisions

when Hibs or Hearts are concerned. I am quite sure that most reasonable Hearts fans would agree that he is clearly biased towards them.

Hibs should make a protest to the SFA now about appointing this cheat to the derby on Sunday. Not that it would do any good or they

would not have made the controversial appointment in the first place. However, I hope Hibs make it known that we know Thomson

is an imposter and not a proper refferee.

Craig_in_Prague
07-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Seemingly the referee's are getting more power & responsbility in various areas this season, on the back of that, Thomson has apparently ordered these goals for which end the Hertz are shooting on Sunday:

LeithBoozy
07-08-2013, 11:42 AM
The problem Hibs have is with Petrie holding a position of power, they wont be wanting to embarrass him in front of his bosses at Hampden. Hibs should IMO still go ahead and complain against this appointment though.

Onion
07-08-2013, 11:45 AM

100% guaranteed that Fenlon will get asked by journos at the pre-match PC about Thomson's appointment. That's the time for a carefully crafted comment that heaps pressure on that clown. In fact, the refs appointment could turn out a real blessing for Pat as any dodgy decisions that lead to a Hibs defeat will deflect blame from PF.

Diclonius
07-08-2013, 12:07 PM
100% guaranteed that Fenlon will get asked by journos at the pre-match PC about Thomson's appointment. That's the time for a carefully crafted comment that heaps pressure on that clown. In fact, the refs appointment could turn out a real blessing for Pat as any dodgy decisions that lead to a Hibs defeat will deflect blame from PF.

I would love it if Pat/the players made some sort of comment like "obviously the appointment of Thomson as referee is going to make the game more difficult for us but that means we'll just have to put even more hard work in to win." Subtle yet to the point.

staunchhibby
07-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Possibility of red cards appearing with him in charge. Not expecting any help from him.

givescotlandfreedom
07-08-2013, 02:26 PM
It's on reply to a post saying he's basically not been that bad against us Scott

Aye pal the OP said 'one mistake'. There's been hundreds of them (if you can call them that). Sorry was ga gas when posting that :drunk:

erin-go-bragh87
08-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Didn't realise I'd typed Tims.net into the address bar....

Cringeworthy. He's a referee, we have to have one. Anyone who thinks losing that cup final was anything other than the Hibs players failing to turn up is kidding themselves.

Callum_62
08-08-2013, 10:29 AM

Cringeworthy. He's a referee, we have to have one. Anyone who thinks losing that cup final was anything other than the Hibs players failing to turn up is kidding themselves.

we were back in it at 2-1.....black could have been sent off

they then get one of the dodgiest pens ive ever seen....a good few yards outside the box, and man sent off....3-1 game over

we will never know how the game wouldve panned out if the above didnt happen

EDIT - if you trawl back thro the message board to before the final...plenty on here guessed pretty accurately how the ref would perform

The fact Hibs had requested anyone but Thomson speaks volumes

go back 2 years and look at the varying reactions to the appointment on here and kickback...

JeMeSouviens
08-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Worth a thousand words?

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/ref.jpg

carnoustiehibee
08-08-2013, 11:19 AM
He also gave pawlett a pen for blatant dive up at Aberdeen. Plus all his European **** ups. Even if there wasn't a bias against hibs he's still a very incompetent referee, which was even proved at the game last Friday.

For the SFA to still have him doing SPL games is a farce never mind a derby

JimBHibees
08-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Worth a thousand words?

http://home2.btconnect.com/anniviers/ref.jpg

To be fair he had a poor view of it. :greengrin

ehf
08-08-2013, 12:41 PM
we were back in it at 2-1.....black could have been sent off

they then get one of the dodgiest pens ive ever seen....a good few yards outside the box, and man sent off....3-1 game over

we will never know how the game wouldve panned out if the above didnt happen

EDIT - if you trawl back thro the message board to before the final...plenty on here guessed pretty accurately how the ref would perform

The fact Hibs had requested anyone but Thomson speaks volumes

go back 2 years and look at the varying reactions to the appointment on here and kickback...

Exactly. It was all down to who got the next goal but Cheat Thomson made sure they got it by awarding that farcical penalty right at the start of the second half. As soon as the Spanish Waiter scampered off on his run he was creaming his breeks in anticipation, just couldn't wait to give it.

clerriehibs
08-08-2013, 12:42 PM
Devil's Advocate here, but why does Joe Public need to hear them? Other than Lennon-esque grandstanding, what would be the point?

works for lennon

clerriehibs
08-08-2013, 12:45 PM

That was wainted cup final fin #2. Then there was tainted cup final win #1. Then there was tainted "splitting the old firm". Then there has been a number of tainted top 6 finishes.

All undeserved.

The least we can do is stand up against a dodgy referee-ing appointment.

Hibs did complain before that cup final. What they DIDN'T do afterwards was hit the media big time with "WE TOLD YOU SO".

Craig_in_Prague
08-08-2013, 12:50 PM
To be fair he had a poor view of it. :greengrin

I know... I mean there must be a good 19 yards of Fresh Air in his way there !! :-)