PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical August

hibsbollah
05-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Take the following (unlikely) scenario and run with it.

We give Hearts a proper hiding on Sunday. Say, 0-4.

We then go on a run of victories through the rest of August, beating Dundee Utd at home, then away at a poor looking Killie and Ross County back at Easter Road on the 31st.

Our record is W4 D0 L1.

Collins has found the net a few times and is becoming a fans favourite.
Harris has his mojo back.
The promise of the midfield is delivering; Thomson, Craig, Taiwo and Robertson are dominating possession.
McGivern has returned and has strengthened the back four.

In this scenario, Would you want Fenlon to stay?

pacorosssco
05-08-2013, 04:13 PM

We then go on a run of victories through the rest of August, beating Dundee Utd at home, then away at a poor looking Killie and back at Easter Road on the 31st.

Our record is W4 D0 L1.

The promise of the midfield is delivering; Thomson, Craig, Taiwo and Robertson are dominating possession.

wont happen, sorry

hibsbollah
05-08-2013, 04:17 PM
wont happen, sorry

That doesnt matter. Just pretend. Feel the words 'give hearts a proper hiding' wash over you.:greengrin

Thecat23
05-08-2013, 04:18 PM

We then go on a run of victories through the rest of August, beating Dundee Utd at home, then away at a poor looking Killie and Ross County back at Easter Road on the 31st.

Our record is W4 D0 L1.

If this happened and we changed our style suppose so.

But it's like saying I'll head into town fri, sat and Sunday and pull Megan Fox, Kate Upton and Cheryl Cole. In fact I'd say that's more of a chance and that's saying something. :D

hibee19
05-08-2013, 04:20 PM

Our record is W4 D0 L1.

We've already had a few false dawns under Fenlon, its hard to see sustained success under him.

Beefster
05-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Calderwood went 6 or 7 unbeaten once. Didn't make him a good manager.

PeeJay
05-08-2013, 04:41 PM

Our record is W4 D0 L1.

Has to be double figures on Sunday (in our favour that is...) :greengrin then I'll consider it, otherwise he has to go...

Spike Mandela
05-08-2013, 04:44 PM

Our record is W4 D0 L1.

This would definitely save his skin but unfortunately the exact opposite of everything in your post is a more likely scenario.

pacorosssco
05-08-2013, 04:57 PM
That doesnt matter. Just pretend. Feel the words 'give hearts a proper hiding' wash over you.:greengrin

OK Ive enjoyed the hearts win but as they are a u21 team I still feel PF isnt a good manager at SPL level.

Shields Hibee
05-08-2013, 05:06 PM
We have to beat Hearts, may not be high scoring as Pat will head along with the intention of not getting beat. Will take a 1-0 even if it means playing badly as they stay rooted on -15 :big grin:

I'd like to see us get back to playing the nice stuff we played early part of last season for the home game against Dundee United, win it 2-1 then head to Killie with bit of confidence & look to pick up another 3 points. The Ross County game at home buoyed on by 3 straight wins and playing some decent stuff should see the crowd hit over 10k and we nick it 1-0 late on.

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 05:09 PM
HOW ABOUT A REALISTIC VIEW

we'll get a point at the PBS and zero points elswhere while Fenlon's at the helm.

Can't believe some would change their mind. Pat, pack yer bags

rcarter1
05-08-2013, 05:11 PM
Voted undecided.

If the wins came through tactical adaptability, and the emergence of a system that looked being top 6, then I would begin to think he could go on to do well for us, and should stay for the season at least.

If we play 4/5/1 in all games, regardless of opposition, and still somehow achieve these results convincingly, I will hold my hand up and say I was wrong about his tactics being bad in the first place, and accept that he should stay until Xmas at least.

If we fluke our way to these results while sticking to 4/5/1 then I would say he isn't the man for us, and would welcome a new manager should an appropriate candidate emerge.

The new guy would need to match Pat in terms of developing a professional minded dressing room/club, continue to add decent players within the budget, show evidence that they are up to speed with modern coaching methods (for team and individual development), but would also need to show a desire to build an attacking team, and an understanding that pace in certain areas will need to be found.

Keith_M
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
If that scenario happens, I would go gay and MARRY Fenlon....in a bath of baked beans!!!