PDA

View Full Version : NHC Celtic ban Green Brigade/close section

PatHead
05-08-2013, 03:49 PM
On BBC. They were always trouble http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23580358

givescotlandfreedom
05-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Back to silence at Parkhead then. I was there at the friendly against Mönchengladbach (in the away end!) and they were the only speck on noise there. I didn't see this coming though and nobody told us to sit down in the away end.

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2013, 04:06 PM
On BBC. They were always trouble http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23580358

What is it with these people and diabolical fonts? :sick:

I think we should replace S43 with the Hibby Helvetica Ultras.

cwilliamson85
05-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Will they not just move to another section of the stadium?

I know due to the size of the green brigade they won’t be able to all move together but I am sure they will get together via forums / social channels and get seats together.

hibsbollah
05-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Whatever you think of Celtc thats a spineless decision by the club. Id hope the Green Brigade ignore it.

.Sean.
05-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Usually i'd be dead against a decision like this by any club but as the decision will have the Green Brigade raging, i'm all for it. Absolute fannies, as they've proved time and time again. The display about the poppies was absolutely disgusting. Kinda suited to Celtic though. **** club, **** fans.

Scottie
05-08-2013, 05:06 PM
Usually i'd be dead against a decision like this by any club but as the decision will have the Green Brigade raging, i'm all for it. Absolute fannies, as they've proved time and time again. The display about the poppies was absolutely disgusting. Kinda suited to Celtic though. **** club, **** fans.

Spot on Sean :aok:

**** of the highest order

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 05:18 PM
close the whole place down :aok:

K.Marx
05-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Another move to ensure grounds in this country have no atmosphere whatsoever. Clubs should be trying to encourage fans back, not banning them for standing FFS. Regardless of what you think of them, at least the Green Brigade brought some atmosphere to Celtic Park. Virtually every ground in the country is like a library these days. What would we be saying if they closed Section 43 cos people are standing there??

Jack
05-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Another move to ensure grounds in this country have no atmosphere whatsoever. Clubs should be trying to encourage fans back, not banning them for standing FFS. Regardless of what you think of them, at least the Green Brigade brought some atmosphere to Celtic Park. Virtually every ground in the country is like a library these days. What would we be saying if they closed Section 43 cos people are standing there??

Standing has been used as an excuse by celtc to avoid the more obvious controversial reasons the best fans in the world would never reportedly take part in.

Sect43 are about Hibs and having fun, something the grean bridaid left behind years ago, if they ever had it to start with.

frazeHFC
05-08-2013, 05:34 PM
I know standing at games used to be the norm and it's a shame clubs seem to want it completely gone, but what about smokebombs etc. Have smokebombs and other forms of pyro been around for quite a while in the UK or has it only been recently it's 'kicked off'? Genuine question cos I don't know. First I remember was Hearts etc couple of years ago but before that I never took notice anyway.

McLeod1875
05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Celtic Park will be **** all without them. No matter what anyone says they were a brilliant group of supporters (less all the political nonsense etc), constant singing, bouncing and their displays were unreal. Seems like the police/stewards/club boards would rather no atmosphere at all, modern football is slowly killing our game. Obviously they have a pretty bad political/bigoted side to them but so does 90% of the old firm support. Pretty bad for the Scottish scene.

Keith_M
05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
I know standing at games used to be the norm and it's a shame clubs seem to want it completely gone, but what about smokebombs etc. Have smokebombs and other forms of pyro been around for quite a while in the UK or has it only been recently it's 'kicked off'? Genuine question cos I don't know. First I remember was Hearts etc couple of years ago but before that I never took notice anyway.

Apart from the CCS making a pathetic attempt at setting off a flare in Ibrox, I hadn't really heard of this until about 3-4 years ago in Scotland.

I DO remember a lot of Flares at games in the 70s but suspect its not what you meant.

weonlywon6-2
05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Back to silence at Parkhead then. I was there at the friendly against Mönchengladbach (in the away end!) and they were the only speck on noise there. I didn't see this coming though and nobody told us to sit down in the away end.

I think celtics hand has been forced a bit.green brigade are idiots and causing a lot of problems.
Given more time they would cause further problems for celtic

joe breezy
05-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Apart from the CCS making a pathetic attempt at setting off a flare in Ibrox, I hadn't really heard of this until about 3-4 years ago in Scotland.

I DO remember a lot of Flares at games in the 70s but suspect its not what you meant.

There's a big difference between smoke bombs and flares but unfortunately try both fall under the same regulations at football stadiums.

A shipping flare in the puss could kill you - a smoke bomb is pretty harmless.

I don't like the IRA or blood on your poppy protests but most if the green brigade stuff was okay.

Bad for Scottish football if there's even less atmosphere

weonlywon6-2
05-08-2013, 06:52 PM

I think celtics hand has been forced a bit.green brigade are idiots and causing a lot of problems.
Given more time they would cause further problems for celtic

davhibby
05-08-2013, 07:03 PM
It's the trouble that they've got Celtic in with UEFA that's finished them

Eyrie
05-08-2013, 07:15 PM
The Green Brigade is a law unto itself and unwilling to listen or compromise when it doesn't get its own way so they've had this coming. No sympathy for them and it's a pity that it's taken UEFA action to force Septic's hand.

Chuck Rhoades
05-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Half expected some of the ridiculous posts on this thread. Have no interest or support for Celtic as a club whatsoever, but do feel for those involved in the GB after knowing and understanding the unnecessary amount of harassment they have received over the last 12 months. They'll come back bigger and stronger from this, no doubt about it. They have the majority of their support onside.

Jack
05-08-2013, 07:26 PM
The Green Brigade is a law unto itself and unwilling to listen or compromise when it doesn't get its own way so they've had this coming. No sympathy for them and it's a pity that it's taken UEFA action to force Septic's hand.

This is it. For those who are saying the grean brigaid were good except for this that and the other, what a shame for them.

They were given plenty chances to skip the this that and the other and chose not to. If they had they would have been welcomed by the club they purport to support and welcome everywhere they went.

They weren't, they were a crowd of lawless **** looking for their next crass crusade.

bingo70
05-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Used to get a terrific atmosphere at parkhead long before the green brigade, same with the section 43 ateaster road.

I Cannae be doin with all this 'ultras' nonsense, let's get back to random folk from all over starting songs.

Makaveli
05-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Used to get a terrific atmosphere at parkhead long before the green brigade, same with the section 43 ateaster road.

I Cannae be doin with all this 'ultras' nonsense, let's get back to random folk from all over starting songs.

These groups are a reaction to silence, though. It's not like they came in and killed the old fashioned atmospheres.

Barney McGrew
05-08-2013, 07:33 PM
They have the majority of their support onside.

All the Celtc fans I know think they're total roasters.

Chuck Rhoades
05-08-2013, 07:36 PM
All the Celtc fans I know think they're total roasters.
Attending week in, week out are they?

Barney McGrew
05-08-2013, 07:38 PM
Attending week in, week out are they?

Yes, season ticket holders. Why do you ask?

HibbySpurs
05-08-2013, 07:39 PM
:agree:. This. The Green Brigade think they play in Turkey/South America or somewhere. Their behaviour at times is utterly deplorable, especially the poppy incident and pro IRA chanting. Having said that though Celtic fans are always quick to tell everyone how they are the best fans in the world.... Aye right then..... Personally I have intense dislike of Celtic and the root of it is generally with their arrogant, smug, self satisfied, patronising fans...... These idiots will tell you (and several have tried to tell me) the You'll Never Walk Alone is in fact 100% a Celtic song and not a Liverpool song.... What a bunch of idiots....

bingo70
05-08-2013, 07:44 PM
These groups are a reaction to silence, though. It's not like they came in and killed the old fashioned atmospheres.

I know but the way these groups go on you'd think they invented atmosphere at football.

Jonnyboy
05-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Not sure why anyone would view this decision as another attack on fans wanting to create an atmosphere at games. Green Brigade are a group of bigoted numpties, full of self importance and basically their song content and banner displays are often vile

Sir David Gray
05-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Not sure why anyone would view this decision as another attack on fans wanting to create an atmosphere at games. Green Brigade are a group of bigoted numpties, full of self importance and basically their song content and banner displays are often vile

:agree: Absolute $cum.

They should have been disbanded after their disgraceful Remembrance Day protest a couple of years ago and those responsible should have been given a lifetime ban from Parkhead, if Celtic were serious about tackling this kind of stuff.

Hell mend them.