PDA

View Full Version : stick in Pat

Hibiza
05-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Stick in Pat.

SMAXXA
05-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Stick in Pat.

Good on ya, lets get behind him ahead of another big game at the wkend, turn it around Paddy son.

I actually thought we played not to bad yesterday, in spells we were poor granted but its the same old lack of offensiveness that is letting us down again, wjich I suppose is down to Pat not habing the players in and addressing this ahead of yesterday.

The_Horde
05-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Good on ya, lets get behind him ahead of another big game at the wkend, turn it around Paddy son.

I actually thought we played not to bad yesterday, in spells we were poor granted but its the same old lack of offensiveness that is letting us down again, wjich I suppose is down to Pat not habing the players in and addressing this ahead of yesterday.

Hopefully we're after another winger. We have been since January (trying for wylde, getting done as a stop gap) we played some good stuff but we didn't get the bodies forward to take advantage of our pressure moments. We conceded an absolutely stupid goal but Motherwell are a good side and it was always looking like 0-0 barring a mistake or piece of brilliance. Unfortunately the mistake was by us and that was that.

erskine-hibby
05-08-2013, 03:45 PM
Yeah stick in there Pat.
It's not your fault the players we have.
It's not your fault for the negative, eye bleeding, tactics.
It's not your fault that you have overseen the worst results in our clubs history.
No, you keep at it and I'm sure everything will work out...sometime.

jakeshibs
05-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Stick in Pat.
He is the Hibs manager at present so will receive my full backing

half.time.draw.
05-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah stick in there Pat.
It's not your fault that you have overseen the worst results in our clubs history.

This👍

ChooseLife
05-08-2013, 04:18 PM
5-1 3-0 7-0, good one.

Leithenhibby
05-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah stick in there Pat.

Seriously!

Don't ever remember the fans calling for Mr Turnbull to "do one", after Celtic crushed us in the Scottish cup final............ :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 04:57 PM
Seriously!

Don't ever remember the fans calling for Mr Turnbull to "do one", after Celtic crushed us in the Scottish cup final............ :rolleyes:

Mr Turnbull showed more promise in his first week than Fenlon has in 20 months. Mr Turnbull made sure we went back after being pumped and won the next big game at Hampden, oh and he was also involved in a 7-0 game too.

Fergus52
05-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Stick in Pat.

:greengrin:pfgwa:greengrin

Fergus52
05-08-2013, 05:04 PM
5-1 3-0 7-0, good one.

Fenlon wasn't in charge for our League cup final, or any of our ibrox wins and was just a wee kid during that famous new years day game?

Leithenhibby
05-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Mr Turnbull showed more promise in his first week than Fenlon has in 20 months. Mr Turnbull made sure we went back after being pumped and won the next big game at Hampden, oh and he was also involved in a 7-0 game too.

And Mr Turnbull had Mr Hart behind him and not Rodney!......... It's deeper than PF for me, and having a swipe at PF every time a result goes against us is just, cheap.

Lets not go down the road to compare ET & PF, as we all know who has done what at our club.

I just pointed out that PF isn't responsible for the clubs worst results FACT (always wanted to say that) :greengrin

paul_hfc3
05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Fenlon still has my backing.

ColintonHibs
05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
I am usually quite negative when it comes to hibs but I think the reaction to the defeat against motherwell has been ott. I wasn't at the game against malmo but I think we played quite well against motherwell and was far better watching that than last years pish bar williams claros and griffiths. Williams nelson thompson robertson and craig played well imo and we were unlucky not to score a couple times and were the better team. We are 1 winger and a right back away from having a team capable of 3rd or 4th which isnt too bad considering what we're used to. We need to get behind pat as all this negativity is affecting the team. We will beat hearts no doubt about it. Need to stick to a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 or another attacking formation as 4-5-1 is pish.

Waxy
05-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Vine and Collins will destroy the yams.
A few others have to start chipping in with goals this season if we are to do anything decent.

HibbyAndy
05-08-2013, 05:44 PM
Lets go 3 upfront at Slimecastle and rip them a new hole.

Caldwell. Vine.Collins.

eastterrace
I am usually quite negative when it comes to hibs but I think the reaction to the defeat against motherwell has been ott. I wasn't at the game against malmo but I think we played quite well against motherwell and was far better watching that than last years pish bar williams claros and griffiths. Williams nelson thompson robertson and craig played well imo and we were unlucky not to score a couple times and were the better team. We are 1 winger and a right back away from having a team capable of 3rd or 4th which isnt too bad considering what we're used to. We need to get behind pat as all this negativity is affecting the team. We will beat hearts no doubt about it. Need to stick to a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2 or another attacking formation as 4-5-1 is pish.

you actually thought we played well , well if thats what weve come to then we are goosed. thats two games this season malmo and well and think weve had about 4 shots on goal in two games . the negative tactics are killing us, its piss poor to watch. he has got to go.

LancsHibs
Can't believe people still think Pat can turn this around! Truely puzzled:confused:

HibeeEmma
05-08-2013, 05:46 PM
Yeah stick in there Pat.

This

Why not a bit of positivism for once? We're not going to change anything sitting on .net being sarcastic.

Isn't it better to have a feel good factor and go into this derby with positive determinism, because I'm sure the negativity/quietness/criticism shouted at players, from fans is felt by the players on the park. Realistically we are not going to be winning the league the way we are but support goes a long way.

PF recognises the pressure is on him, not the players at this stage but as long as he is Hibs manager he should be back where possible.

If you want him out, start an active petition or something but don't bring down those who still have a bit faith in things going well.

:cb

erskine-hibby
05-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Seriously!

Celtic had a great team then as did we.
Motherwell have an average team, were worse.
Eddie had more idea about football in his little finger, than Pat has in his whole body.
Even getting beaten while watching Eddies team was 100 times better than watching the eye bleeding tactics from this manager.
Someone said that Pat was trying to instill a bit of pride in the jersey. Maybe they should watch some games from the tornados era. They will learn more than listening to mr Fenlon.

Bostonhibby
05-08-2013, 05:52 PM

:agree: absolutely no comparison.

For what its worth, I am backing the manager - he is getting the backing to bring in his players and his team is taking shape, he will be truly accountable by the AGM and I want to see some real improvement in the league by then.

There are some decent players there and it is about arranging them in the right order and getting a few back from injury. Clock seems to be ticking now though.

RoYO!
05-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Can't believe people still think Pat can turn this around! Truely puzzled:confused:

I think people know that the alternative is to continue the merry go
Round of managers- each able to blame the mess made by the previous encumbant, none of them with the time (sometimes ability) to truly shape/ build a team. I would also say that there won't be many that would give him much more time if he doesn't get us moving in the right direction and quickly. I have been largely happy with the players he has brought in.

It would also now appear that as the infrastructure is now entirely in place the board are looking to make some quality additions to the team. I think Collins will prove to be a shrewd bit of business and I would think that we will be one of a few teams that will be prepared to pay transfer fees of 100k + possibly each year/ transfer window. This should also see us push on. GGTTH

LancsHibs
05-08-2013, 06:07 PM
I think people know that the alternative is to continue the merry go
Round of managers- each able to blame the mess made by the previous encumbant, none of them with the time (sometimes ability) to truly shape/ build a team. I would also say that there won't be many that would give him much more time if he doesn't get us moving in the right direction and quickly. I have been largely happy with the players he has brought in.

It would also now appear that as the infrastructure is now entirely in place the board are looking to make some quality additions to the team. I think Collins will prove to be a shrewd bit of business and I would think that we will be one of a few teams that will be prepared to pay transfer fees of 100k + possibly each year/ transfer window. This should also see us push on. GGTTH

I too am happy with the players he's brought in, it's what he does with them thats the problem! Nobody can say he hasn't been backed, that's what makes it so dissapointing

Leithenhibby
05-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Celtic had a great team then as did we.
Motherwell have an average team, were worse.
Eddie had more idea about football in his little finger, than Pat has in his whole body.
Even getting beaten while watching Eddies team was 100 times better than watching the eye bleeding tactics from this manager.
Someone said that Pat was trying to instill a bit of pride in the jersey. Maybe they should watch some games from the tornados era. They will learn more than listening to mr Fenlon.

As I have said above, it's not about ET v PF.

You stated that PF has the worst record at ER and I'm saying he hasn't. :na na:

And, I'm also backing him until otherwise! Time to stick together methinks :wink:

Leithenhibby
05-08-2013, 06:14 PM

Until he has a full squad that has had time to bond, blend as a team, I'll back him. He is part of my club and we should be pulling in one direction at this time. :wink:

SMAXXA
05-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Until he has a full squad that has had time to bond, blend as a team, I'll back him. He is part of my club and we should be pulling in one direction at this time. :wink:

:agree::top marks

hibbymick
05-08-2013, 07:01 PM
Fenlon wasn't in charge for our League cup final, or any of our ibrox wins and was just a wee kid during that famous new years day game?

:greengrin

Elephant Stone
05-08-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm still behind him. I'm hoping we change tactics rather than change manager, when Vine is in the team this will undoubtedly happen.

jakeshibs
05-08-2013, 07:40 PM

well said!:flag:

snooky
05-08-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm still behind him. I'm hoping we change tactics rather than change manager, when Vine is in the team this will undoubtedly happen.

So am I, but I'm pushing.

0-7 = Endsville

Hibercelona
05-08-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm behind him because he's the manager. That's the only reason however.

Andy74
05-08-2013, 07:54 PM

It's not as if a big turn around is needed. We've been in worse form and on much worse runs in the recent past.

The general attitude that just about everything is wrong is way OTT.

Chump
05-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Cannot get my head round why he still receives support......the longer he stays and produces garbage the longer;

1) players that may have come to Hibs will turn their back on signing
2) we will stay in Hearts sights instead of pulling away from them at such a opportunistic time
3) the attendances will continue to drop
4) discontent will build
5) players confidence will wane
6) fans will get on the players back

the sooner he goes;

1) the sooner we can attempt to change the style of play from mind numbing to an attempt at being pro-active and offensive
2) the sooner we can gt a Plan B when things aren't going our way
3) the sooner we don't only go to the irish league for sh*t recruits
4) the sooner we don't experience such humiliating scorelines
5) the sooner we can see an ounce of optimism at ER

Get rid of him and get rid of him now!!

jakeshibs
05-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Cannot get my head round why he still receives support......the longer he stays and produces garbage the longer;

2) we will stay in Hearts sights instead of pulling away from them at such a opportunistic time
4) discontent will build

the sooner he goes;

1) the sooner we can attempt to change the style of play from mind numbing to an attempt at being pro-active and offensive

the sooner we get relegated???????????

Leithenhibby
05-08-2013, 08:19 PM

4) discontent will build

the sooner he goes;

Just get use to the fact that RP will not sack him at this time.

We will/ would be in a worse state if he did sack him. I know that he isn't every ones cuppa, and sure he has made some mistakes along the way, don't we all? you included. :wink:

"Unite the Clans" :aok:

I was born a Hibee and I'll die a Hibbe..............

The Magic Wand
05-08-2013, 08:25 PM

It's themanager’s responsibility for tactics and quite frankly we seem be lacking in both thoseand a cohesive team from back to front.

The failings inhow our team is set up and the inability to link up the midfield with a lonestriker have been evident for a long time. It’s painful to watch at times!

We playedreasonably well in small patches yesterday when the ball was passed about,however it’s not something that we look comfortable doing and to my mind that’sdown to the manager and what he coaches on the training ground.

I think we havea decent squad of players, but unfortunately I do not think the manager isgetting the best out of them.

Chump
05-08-2013, 08:25 PM
the sooner we get relegated???????????

:faf::faf:

basehibby
05-08-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm with the OP.

Not trying to belittle the woeful result and performance vs Malmo BUT I think it's wrong to ignore the positive end to last season and react to a single unmatched tie which we would have been ill prepared for even with the team that finished last season, never mind the under strength under fit outfit that took the field.

I also think the reaction to the Motherwell game has been OTT. The performance from the players was pretty good on the whole and the points were lost by a defensive mistake in a game which had draw written all over it.

If we get some way into the season and find we are watching a team going nowhere then I'll hold my hands up and join the calls for his head. In fact, even a particularly poor performance against a particularly poor Yams side on Sunday might be enough to change my mind, but I don't believe that's what we'll see - much more likely we'll see a solid performance and a positive result which could serve as a spring board for the season.

I think Fenlon is a young manager who still has a good deal to learn but I also sense a steely determination and focus which are core qualities any good manager needs and which are at the heart of the successes he's earned in his managerial career to date. He's had a steep learning curve at Hibs but I'm hopeful that we'll start seeing the fruits of that sooner rather than later and DO believe we should stick it out rather than ripping it up and casting ourselves onto the managerial merry-go-round yet again.

HibeeSince85
05-08-2013, 08:37 PM

We were gash against Motherwell. Spent most of our time in our own half and broke with the speed of a tortoise.

We do need a winger and we probably will beat Hearts who are a team full of laddies and no very good ones at that but I have little faith in Pat to put a watchable winning team in the park.

coldingham hibs
05-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Lets go 3 upfront at Slimecastle and rip them a new hole.

Caldwell. Vine.Collins.

There is not a hope in hell of going 3 upfront, Fenlon is desperate to show 4-5-1 works, he will stick with it and pray we get a win. If he changes formation then it would be down to fan pressure and Fenlon ain't going to do that as it would be proof of his tactical ineptitude.

The Harp Awakes
05-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Stick in Pat.

:aok::aok::aok:

He's the Hibernian Manager going into a derby so he'll get my backing. Wee Pat's got guts and I still think he can turn things around.

coldingham hibs
05-08-2013, 08:52 PM

He's the Hibernian Manager going into a derby so he'll get my backing. Wee Pat's got guts and I still think he can turn things around.

No he can't & won't, a leopard doesn't change it's spots. He may win on Sunday but the football will continue to be dire. If that rocks your boat then fine but I want to be entertained for my £400 season ticket, not sitting counting down the clock.

Zazu62
05-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Still behind him .

jakeshibs
05-08-2013, 09:33 PM

I agree with you:flag:

EH54
05-08-2013, 09:38 PM
He gets my backing but i still think he should be long gone two of the worst results in our clubs history and without Leigh last year things would have been a lot worse i wont be shouting about at games or shouting for his head it will get the backing as he's still the manager but he's lucky to still be in a Job. :pfgwa

Sir David Gray
05-08-2013, 10:06 PM

Yep.

We are 6 days away from a derby that our opponents will be well up for.

We need to be together and back the team and that includes the manager.

We still have more than 3 weeks to go until the end of the transfer window and therefore plenty of time to strengthen the squad.

I understand that people are still annoyed with the capitulation to Malmo and although it was an incredibly bad night, I do believe that was a freak result in the same way that the 8-2 win for Manchester Utd over Arsenal a couple of years ago was a freak result. Sometimes that happens in football.

If we're struggling after about 15 games have been played and we're heading into the Christmas period at the bottom end of the table then I would say then that it would be time to part ways but I don't believe we're at that point yet.

onfire
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
There is no way Pat should get the amount of bad press he does - cheap press picking up on some so called fans over reactions. We are better in every position from calderwood's team. have got a more physical team than we've had for long time, good blend of solid pro's and great young talent. There's time to get some more players if we can and once we get the best part of our defence back from injury, we'll be covered well in just about every position. I do think we could do with another player up top and that's maybe something that will happen. If the chat about Claros signing is true then happy days. looking at the squad, there's no dead wood that I'd be happy to see the back off which makes a change for the past few seasons. All have our opinions - that's mine.

Tinribs
05-08-2013, 10:32 PM
It's themanager’s responsibility for tactics and quite frankly we seem be lacking in both thoseand a cohesive team from back to front.

The failings inhow our team is set up and the inability to link up the midfield with a lonestriker have been evident for a long time. It’s painful to watch at times!

We playedreasonably well in small patches yesterday when the ball was passed about,however it’s not something that we look comfortable doing and to my mind that’sdown to the manager and what he coaches on the training ground.

I think we havea decent squad of players, but unfortunately I do not think the manager isgetting the best out of them.

He may well not be getting the best out of them, but i will give him some more benefit of doubt..

When everyone is back, and fit, if we still play negative holding football then i may join the clamour for his head.

Loving the Ian Brown avatar btw matey :aok:

Makaveli
05-08-2013, 10:55 PM
Fully behind Pat and whatever team he puts out on Sunday but that doesn't mean I think he's the man for the job.

I think he'll be more attacking as he knows he's under pressure to win. And win we will. This may mean a stay of execution but I'd 100% rather that than fail to beat to Hearts.

The_Horde
05-08-2013, 11:11 PM
He gets my backing but i still think he should be long gone two of the worst results in our clubs history and without Leigh last year things would have been a lot worse i wont be shouting about at games or shouting for his head it will get the backing as he's still the manager but he's lucky to still be in a Job. :pfgwa

Two of our worst results, granted. But we would never have been in the position for those results without PF. He had no right to get to the final in his first season with that sheight team but he did. Again last season you could argue we didn't have the best squad in the league or even the second best but he got us there again. Thus, getting us into Europe.

Fenlon isn't without faults and he needs to work on things tactically. But we've just signed lots of new players and are without quite a few too due to injury, lets give the new signings time to bed in and the team time to gel a bit before we go for fenlons neck. We have the look of a good squad coming together and if by January Fenlon can't get them winning games then we will get someone in who can. But I believe we will turn it around.

Motherwell are a good side by the way, their defence especially is really strong this year. So Lets not judge our whole season on one result eh and get behind Fenlon and the boys whilst we **** the hearts. :pfgwa

Leithenhibby
05-08-2013, 11:26 PM
Yep.

We are 6 days away from a derby that our opponents will be well up for.

We need to be together and back the team and that includes the manager.

We still have more than 3 weeks to go until the end of the transfer window and therefore plenty of time to strengthen the squad.

I understand that people are still annoyed with the capitulation to Malmo and although it was an incredibly bad night, I do believe that was a freak result in the same way that the 8-2 win for Manchester Utd over Arsenal a couple of years ago was a freak result. Sometimes that happens in football.

If we're struggling after about 15 games have been played and we're heading into the Christmas period at the bottom end of the table then I would say then that it would be time to part ways but I don't believe we're at that point yet.

:agree: 100%

PF will never be the "special one", but I honestly believe that he can get this sorted. By throwing the toys out the pram at this stage in the season is down right wrong!.....:wink:

monktonharp
05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
Fully behind Pat and whatever team he puts out on Sunday but that doesn't mean I think he's the man for the job.

I think he'll be more attacking as he knows he's under pressure to win. And win we will. This may mean a stay of execution but I'd 100% rather that than fail to beat to Hearts.

right now I suppose i'd settle for a draw next week. that in itself would annoy the gorgie mob but because of the pressure he's under, I think Fenlon would take that too. I thought we played not too bad in patches, against 'well. not much between the teams, and we lost young Harris just as he'd realised he was at a game! one up front, is nae good to us, and another strange thing, I thought, was why have big McGivern on the bench? was he fit enough for that, but not fit enough to start? or at least bring him on in the second half. :confused:

Shields Hibee
05-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Pat needs to get a win on Sunday, he knows that & should be drilling that into the staring XI & subs for Sunday.

I agree at times, this 4-5-1 set up can be awful to watch but if he changes to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and we take a hammering, Pat will be getting criticised for being attacking focused when we should have been more cautious. We have some good young lads coming through & his signings haven't been that bad either, its just the way Pat sets the team up that at times has me baffled. At times we look good passing the ball but the frustration is nobody pushing up to support the lone man up top. If the players can gel & play as a team to the best of their ability, we will hopefully start picking up points as weeks progress.

If come Xmas, we are languishing in bottom 6 with a full strength team & playing negative football then perhaps its time to say Pat hasn't got it at this level and its time to move on.

chinaman
06-08-2013, 06:06 AM
fenlons useless and tactically clueless, if we cant beat this cheating **** its fenlons negativity that will be to blame, but feel free to support the clown

whiskyhibby
06-08-2013, 06:15 AM
Funny how most of the negative comments on this thread are from posters who have generally been here 6-12 months at least and with post counts of 20, 50, 60..............mmmh

Northernhibee
06-08-2013, 07:49 AM
fenlons useless and tactically clueless, if we cant beat this cheating **** its fenlons negativity that will be to blame, but feel free to support the clown

Similarly feel free to support the club on derby week; PF might be under pressure but he's always been highly respectful of the club and the least he deserves in return is the same.

Less of the 'clown' stuff.

Northernhibee
06-08-2013, 07:50 AM
FWIW Pat said after the final that we would never lose to them again as long as he is manager.

Man of his word.

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 07:55 AM
There is not a hope in hell of going 3 upfront, Fenlon is desperate to show 4-5-1 works, he will stick with it and pray we get a win. If he changes formation then it would be down to fan pressure and Fenlon ain't going to do that as it would be proof of his tactical ineptitude.

Like he did last time we went to Tyni with 2 up front aye, but aye carry on

Aldo
06-08-2013, 07:58 AM

He's not useless for a start, he has a plan A and when things go wrong he tends not to have a plan B I would class him as tactically inept.

I would rather he wasn't the manager but will get my support until his position changes. I might not be happy but will support the club (as I have always done)

And btw he is a genuinely nice guy so can you hold the personal insults. Thanks

Leithenhibby
06-08-2013, 08:07 AM

PF is playing the game with one hand tied behind his back at this time! How many players have we in the treatment room? It's unfair to call for his sacking at this point...... :agree:

Similarly feel free to support the club on derby week; PF might be under pressure but he's always been highly respectful of the club and the least he deserves in return is the same.
Less of the 'clown' stuff.

I agree, as PF has stated, if he can't do the job required then the club should get someone else in!.... (He said that from day one) Whether we like it or not the job is no where near complete and to get personal just shows these fans true colours as a person............. for Me.

Captain Trips
06-08-2013, 08:23 AM
I am no fan of PF as a manager and haven't been for some time however I believe that he is giving and has given no less than 100%. He hasnt lost games on purpose and does not deserve any personal stick as the guy is genuine in all he has done right or wrong.

dangermouse
06-08-2013, 08:46 AM
To those calling for Pat's head I ask you this.

Please draw up and post on here a short list of candidates you would interview for the job.

Include the sort of questions you would ask them and the sort of responses you would expect.

What areas of the team do you believe we are lacking in strength and provide a list of possible targets.

Once you have done that ask yourself how Hibs could afford to put your plan into action without becoming Yams MK II

Edit; Instead of squabbling lets get right behind the team on Sunday. Has the section 43 drum been fixed yet?

khib70
06-08-2013, 08:52 AM
Funny how most of the negative comments on this thread are from posters who have generally been here 6-12 months at least and with post counts of 20, 50, 60..............mmmh
Oh no they're not....

He's a decent guy but he's not up to the job and has to go. I'll be giving the team 100% backing against the Wongaboys, and every other opponent, but I refuse to back a manager whose negativity and tactical ineptitude is harmful to the interests of the club. I can't remember a manager in recent times who's been cut so much slack with so little reason for doing so.

Faith is just believing things with no supporting evidence. Blind faith is even worse than that

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2013, 08:59 AM
To those calling for Pat's head I ask you this.

Please draw up and post on here a short list of candidates you would interview for the job.

Include the sort of questions you would ask them and the sort of responses you would expect.

What areas of the team do you believe we are lacking in strength and provide a list of possible targets.

Once you have done that ask yourself how Hibs could afford to put your plan into action without becoming Yams MK II

Edit; Instead of squabbling lets get right behind the team on Sunday. Has the section 43 drum been fixed yet?

This is not and has never been our job, if the job becomes available there will be a list the length of your arm of candidates who will apply.

We employ a man to do this, and they should know who the up and coming coaches throughout the country are.

They should also be keeping tabs on these people, as we all know football is a fickle game and someone could come along any minute and tempt our manager away. :faf:

In short, i dont think any fan would know the answer to that question other than trotting out the usual names we see every time there is a vacancy at Easter road.

S.sct
06-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Why not a bit of positivism for once? We're not going to change anything sitting on .net being sarcastic.

Isn't it better to have a feel good factor and go into this derby with positive determinism, because I'm sure the negativity/quietness/criticism shouted at players, from fans is felt by the players on the park. Realistically we are not going to be winning the league the way we are but support goes a long way.

PF recognises the pressure is on him, not the players at this stage but as long as he is Hibs manager he should be back where possible.

If you want him out, start an active petition or something but don't bring down those who still have a bit faith in things going well.

:cb
Come on man, i get what you are saying but there needs to be something to be positive about. So far there has been no change in tactics so its pedestrian, negative, boring rubbish without Griffiths. Blind faith will get you nowhere.

Golden Bear
06-08-2013, 09:13 AM

Without trawling through the whole thread ,and with the greatest respect, I'd say your post was absolute nonsense. In fact I'm probably talking nonsense myself as I have my suspicions that the "fans" who continue to support Fenlon are in fact under cover Jambos.

dangermouse
06-08-2013, 09:55 AM
This is not and has never been our job, if the job becomes available there will be a list the length of your arm of candidates who will apply.

We employ a man to do this, and they should know who the up and coming coaches throughout the country are.

They should also be keeping tabs on these people, as we all know football is a fickle game and someone could come along any minute and tempt our manager away. :faf:

In short, i dont think any fan would know the answer to that question other than trotting out the usual names we see every time there is a vacancy at Easter road.

Folk can hardly complain then if they don't have the answers.

The last time I got to the point of utter dejection watching Hibs I wrote to the board and posted it up here only to be berated by most for trying to get a response from those in charge of our club (never got an answer).

I know people like to complain when things go wrong it's just that the OP has the right attitude IMHO that we should get behind the team 100% and spur them on rather than get on their backs and watch a bunch of spotty youths give us a doing while being managed by a bloke more famous on here for his alleged bedroom peccadilloes than his footballing or managerial prowess. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Folk can hardly complain then if they don't have the answers.

The last time I got to the point of utter dejection watching Hibs I wrote to the board and posted it up here only to be berated by most for trying to get a response from those in charge of our club (never got an answer).

I know people like to complain when things go wrong it's just that the OP has the right attitude IMHO that we should get behind the team 100% and spur them on rather than get on their backs and watch a bunch of spotty youths give us a doing while being managed by a bloke more famous on here for his alleged bedroom peccadilloes than his footballing or managerial prowess. :greengrin

Of course we can complain, we all pay good money to watch utter pish most weeks. And my point still stands, none of us are qualified to know just who is available , would want the job or indeed who we could afford.

If we go down the road you want, we should just shut up and keep bending over? :confused:

Geo_1875
06-08-2013, 10:15 AM
So let's say Hibs do get rid of the manager. We pay him off with around £100k in his pocket. We then get a new manager in, fine if he's out of work at the moment (why?). If not we pay compensation to his current club, say another £100k. He decides he wants to bring in his own backroom staff, another £100k in pay-offs. He then decides he doesn't like some of the current squad and we have to pay them off, maybe £2-300k. He wants to bring in his own players. RP says offload others before bringing new faces in. More compensation £2-300k. Buy new players, £4-500k. They're all pish and the managers crap. Get rid of manager.... Repeat ad infinitum.

Leithenhibby
06-08-2013, 10:33 AM
So let's say Hibs do get rid of the manager. We pay him off with around £100k in his pocket. We then get a new manager in, fine if he's out of work at the moment (why?). If not we pay compensation to his current club, say another £100k. He decides he wants to bring in his own backroom staff, another £100k in pay-offs. He then decides he doesn't like some of the current squad and we have to pay them off, maybe £2-300k. He wants to bring in his own players. RP says offload others before bringing new faces in. More compensation £2-300k. Buy new players, £4-500k. They're all pish and the managers crap. Get rid of manager.... Repeat ad infinitum.

This post ain't too far off the mark for me!

How many managers have we had in the last 15 years?

The_Horde
06-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Come on man, i get what you are saying but there needs to be something to be positive about. So far there has been no change in tactics so its pedestrian, negative, boring rubbish without Griffiths. Blind faith will get you nowhere.

HibeeEmma :wink:

Good to see you still post on here Em!