PDA

View Full Version : Watching the derby overseas (merged)

RMQ1967
05-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know anywhere that might be showing the game in Dublin next week?

shezer
05-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Murrays Bar...O Connell street.There are 5 of us coming up from Cork to watch it there also.See you there

RMQ1967
06-08-2013, 12:13 PM
Murrays Bar...O Connell street.There are 5 of us coming up from Cork to watch it there also.See you there

Great thanks - see you there :flag:

BVB Hibs
06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
Should be there too. Looking forward to it.

steviej147
07-08-2013, 05:03 PM
does anyone know where i can watch the derby in albufeira.many thanks:flag:

LongshanksED
07-08-2013, 05:07 PM
A pub with a telly!

Your welcome!

ruthven_raiders
07-08-2013, 05:10 PM
A pub with a telly!

Your welcome!

Lol that's probably the best answer to any question today! And your right there are so many sports bars you just wonder into the main square and then off on to one of the side streets and there will be loads showing footie ;o)

Moulin Yarns
07-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Try somewhere on the Strip. Was there last night of the season when all games were on a Wednesday night. One Irish bar with Celtc match next to one showing original Huns. Pandibloodymonium.

Pat s 4
07-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Go to the top of The Strip, head for the Montechero Hotel just a bit further up the road and Irish pub is to the right hand side as you stand facing the hotel. Great Irish bar with brilliant atmospher.

brog
07-08-2013, 06:41 PM
Go to the top of The Strip, head for the Montechero Hotel just a bit further up the road and Irish pub is to the right hand side as you stand facing the hotel. Great Irish bar with brilliant atmospher.

Think you mean Erin's Isle, there's also Kilt & Celt further down strip but basically most of bars in pedestrianised area in Old Town will be showing it.

YehButNoBut
07-08-2013, 06:46 PM
If you are in the Old Town the best one IMO is the Steps Bar which is half way up the steps over the tunnel leading to the beach.

Great friendly bar which will certainly put the game on for you if not already showing it.

andyf5
07-08-2013, 07:02 PM
Scots Rock Bar ( Rangers bar) at top of main strip Avenida Doutor Francisco Sa Carneiro. Remember not to play bingo :-) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23036182

The Green Goblin
07-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Hibernian TV is showing it online.

Houchy
09-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Not somewhere I've been for years so not up with bars etc but where would be the most likely place in benidorm to catch the derby?

Thanks in advance.

edinburghhibee
09-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Was there two years ago and watched a Scotland game in the wookie hollow is a Liverpool supporters bar but it was a decent enough bar

munchar
09-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Stretford End bar mate. Man Utd theme pub with cheep drink, decent food, a bookies & loads of screens. They put free grub on at half time when I was there for the derby when Sparkys "goal" wasn't seen.

Franck Stanton
09-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Jumping Jacks is a good bet, manager was/may still be a Hibby and has few Hibs flags/strips/scarfs on walls. Failing that, bar directly opposite usually shows Scottish league games. Another bar which is good is "The Gallowgate Bar" manager there is a sellick fan but is okay, has a bookies inside as well should you fancy a wee flutter. { Directions - From indoor market, head up the hill , take first left and bar is on right side of street slightly risen from road level, close to "The Georgie Bar" . Hope that helps. Enjoy your holiday

Carheenlea
09-08-2013, 06:57 PM
This place looks nice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E46mTUp0Us&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PolmontHibby
09-08-2013, 10:34 PM
benidorm - would recommend Scruffy Murphys (opposite wooky hollow) or Uncle Peds. Usually a decent Hibs turnout in both. What I wouldn't recommend is The Shamrock ("f,off were not showing hibs we get more Liverpool fans here a day than Hibs in a year".

Any recommendations for playa de las Americas? Heard there is a Hibs friendly bar?

Tollhouse Hibee
09-08-2013, 11:15 PM
Anyone know anywhere in shekou, china that will be showing the game. Internet not quick enough for Hibernian tv.

The Green Goblin
09-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Anyone know anywhere in shekou, china that will be showing the game. Internet not quick enough for Hibernian tv.

Would the connection be any faster at an internet cafe? Or your work? I'm just saying as I have used both those options in the past when my own internet was down.

07hibee
10-08-2013, 12:19 AM
FFs not missed a derby for bout 20 years ,in puerto de la cruz ,found the bee hive only to be told no Sky In Espanio!any one ken any pubs with a feed in Tenerrife ?

Time For Heroes
10-08-2013, 12:30 AM
You could always try an Internet cafe and stream it yourself?

07hibee
10-08-2013, 12:35 AM
You could always try an Internet cafe and stream it yourself?.
That could be the answer ,but if we start banging 1 or 6 or 7 in I'm gonna look like a right fangina!

Time For Heroes
10-08-2013, 12:40 AM
That could be the answer ,but if we start banging 1 or 6 or 7 in I'm gonna look like a right fangina!

Tell you what if we bang in 6 or 7 you won't give a **** what anyone thinks!
Haha

07hibee
10-08-2013, 01:03 AM
Tell you what if we bang in 6 or 7 you won't give a **** what anyone thinks!
Haha
Must be the sun the bevy "de la cruz" if we don't beat those freaks at the big pink hoose maņana I'm not going back to the leith San Siro ,until the united game!ggtth !

07hibee
10-08-2013, 01:05 AM
6 is good sevens not enough ,f

California-Hibs
10-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Hibernian TV is showing it online.

Is that through the normal 4.99 service or the 6.99 International one?

Reason why I ask is because in here in the states and signed up for the International service last week and I wasn't even able to watch the game as it wasn't on there!

Nazz
10-08-2013, 05:14 AM

get yourself along to an internet bar. speed will be fast enough.

The Harp Awakes
10-08-2013, 07:08 AM

We're a half an hour away from you in Lagos. Spoke to the Irish owner of the Marina Bar yesterday and he says they will be showing the derby:aok:

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2013, 07:44 AM
benidorm - would recommend Scruffy Murphys (opposite wooky hollow) or Uncle Peds. Usually a decent Hibs turnout in both. What I wouldn't recommend is The Shamrock ("f,off were not showing hibs we get more Liverpool fans here a day than Hibs in a year".

Any recommendations for playa de las Americas? Heard there is a Hibs friendly bar?

That one is a strong Hearts pub.

Tollhouse Hibee
10-08-2013, 09:11 AM
get yourself along to an internet bar. speed will be fast enough.

Cheers.its def not quick enought at work or in the hotel, and i tried the hotel internet bar today with highlights from last game and it kept cr~pping itself

CalgaryHibs
10-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Derby is live on tv here 5am ! Was hoping for lye n but.......

Mon the HIBEES

The Green Goblin
10-08-2013, 02:01 PM

Reason why I ask is because in here in the states and signed up for the International service last week and I wasn't even able to watch the game as it wasn't on there!

As I understand it, there were a lot of problems with that broadcast, possibly because they opened it up to everyone, not just overseas folks, and the sheer number of people logging on (much more than they are used to) caused the crash. That's not official btw, just from what I read on here. I might be wrong. Even so, given the result, it might well have been a blessing.... :greengrin

It is the 6.99 one (or 59.99 for the whole season). It doesn't show every single game, but it does show a decent number of away games. To be sure of getting every home game (league and cups) from ER, you should check out the additional Hibernian Xtra package. Like a few people, I generally go for both and it's then unusual to not be able to see a game.

I have used this service for a long time now and out of the last several seasons worth of games, going back years, have only ever had issues maybe two or three times. The club also did a lot of listening to the overseas fans last year and have responded really well to the fans' feedback. For example, subscribers to the Hibs tv channels also get a guaranteed cup final ticket, should we get there, so for me, the club are trying to recognise and involve overseas fans as much as they can.

I'm looking forward to logging in tomorrow morning here (8am ko in Brazil) and seeing us pump those crooked roasters silly.

California-Hibs
10-08-2013, 02:17 PM
As I understand it, there were a lot of problems with that broadcast, possibly because they opened it up to everyone, not just overseas folks, and the sheer number of people logging on (much more than they are used to) caused the crash. That's not official btw, just from what I read on here. I might be wrong. Even so, given the result, it might well have been a blessing.... :greengrin

It is the 6.99 one (or 59.99 for the whole season). It doesn't show every single game, but it does show a decent number of away games. To be sure of getting every home game (league and cups) from ER, you should check out the additional Hibernian Xtra package. Like a few people, I generally go for both and it's then unusual to not be able to see a game.

I have used this service for a long time now and out of the last several seasons worth of games, going back years, have only ever had issues maybe two or three times. The club also did a lot of listening to the overseas fans last year and have responded really well to the fans' feedback. For example, subscribers to the Hibs tv channels also get a guaranteed cup final ticket, should we get there, so for me, the club are trying to recognise and involve overseas fans as much as they can.

I'm looking forward to logging in tomorrow morning here (8am ko in Brazil) and seeing us pump those crooked roasters silly.

Last season I would pay the 10 pound and watch every home game through the Hibernian Xtra site, but when I noticed that there was a game that was live on the tv, instead of finding a free stream with loads of pop ups, I'd subscribe to Hibernian TV for 6.99 and watch it that way in a really nice clear picture. Then I'd cancel and subscribe again when I noticed more live games.

Personally I prefer to watch the games through the 6.99 International service because I (in the minority here) actually prefer the Sky/ESPN commentators for the excitement. Also it's nice seeing replays/different angles, which you don't obviously get through the Xtra service.

However, don't get me wrong, I was as delighted as every other oversea's Hibee when they announced that every home game was to be shown through the Hibernian Xtra service - it's fantastic to be able to do so and I shall be continuing to subscribe to every game that is not shown live on tv, that's for sure! :agree:

It's a sore 4.05am kick off for me here in California tomorrow, so it'll be early to bed for me! Can't WAIT for this one! :flag:

The Green Goblin
10-08-2013, 03:12 PM
Last season I would pay the 10 pound and watch every home game through the Hibernian Xtra site, but when I noticed that there was a game that was live on the tv, instead of finding a free stream with loads of pop ups, I'd subscribe to Hibernian TV for 6.99 and watch it that way in a really nice clear picture. Then I'd cancel and subscribe again when I noticed more live games.

Personally I prefer to watch the games through the 6.99 International service because I (in the minority here) actually prefer the Sky/ESPN commentators for the excitement. Also it's nice seeing replays/different angles, which you don't obviously get through the Xtra service.

However, don't get me wrong, I was as delighted as every other oversea's Hibee when they announced that every home game was to be shown through the Hibernian Xtra service - it's fantastic to be able to do so and I shall be continuing to subscribe to every game that is not shown live on tv, that's for sure! :agree:

It's a sore 4.05am kick off for me here in California tomorrow, so it'll be early to bed for me! Can't WAIT for this one! :flag:

4am????! Ouch! I really hope it's worth it! Have a cracking breakfast ready too - always takes the edge off for me :greengrin

CA Hibby
10-08-2013, 04:07 PM

If you have direct tv fox soccer plus is showing it at 4am or 3.30pm our time...which means it will be in any british pub up your way! Or like me record it and get up at a normal time to watch....15.00 bucks a month for this channel and you do get a lot of Scottish games plus the highlight show