PDA

View Full Version : Should Fenlon go if we don't beat Hearts

Keith_M
05-08-2013, 11:57 AM
We play what I would consider to be the weakest Hearts team in my 35 years of supporting Hibs on Sunday.

If we fail to beat them, should Fenlon immediately resign and, if he doesn't, should he be sacked?

JUST TO CLARIFY: If you think he should have left already or should leave regardless of the score on Sunday, then you should logically vote Yes. Voting No only means you want him to still be the manager next Monday no matter the score on Sunday.

Hope that"s cleared things up :wink:

Pretty Boy
05-08-2013, 12:05 PM
No.

He should go now.

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2013, 12:06 PM
He should go now.But I voted again for him to go.

YehButNoBut
05-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Yes

He should go now but it doesn't seem that Petrie is going to act this week, if we don't beat or even worse lose to Hearts there is no way he'll survive that.

Actually thinking about it even if he does beat Hearts he should still go as nothing will have really changed.

LioNeilMessi
05-08-2013, 12:09 PM
Yes.. But failing to beat Hearts this season should be an instant sacking for any spl manager. :greengrin

DH1875
05-08-2013, 12:12 PM
IF we beat hearts , should he stay? Would only be papering over the gaps.

Hermit Crab
05-08-2013, 12:13 PM

He should go even if we win on Sunday. Time is up for him.

Beefster
05-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I voted yes but he shouldn't even be here for the Hearts game.

hibee19
05-08-2013, 12:14 PM

He's totally failed, he has a complete lack of respect for our fans, he must go.

Keith_M
05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Have two Hearts fans voted on the poll for Fenlon to stay?

:wink:

Aldo
05-08-2013, 12:16 PM
No.

He should go now.

This. Duff Jimmy scenario on its way.

Makaveli
05-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I voted yes but agree with the others that he should go now. Hearts fans want him to stay... says it all.

BarneyK
05-08-2013, 12:22 PM
This match has nothing to do with where we are headed, so no, it should make no odds. Hopefully the players go into it with a better frame of mind that we just need to turn up to win, mind. For months now it's been about how many we're going to take off them if they're still alive. Let's face it, this is Hibs we're talking about. If we win it'll be a single goal in a dour tussle. As supporters, we should know better by now surely.

KWJ
05-08-2013, 12:22 PM
He still has my backing at the moment but I've voted 'Yes'. He simply must beat Hearts, convincingly too.

Coco Bryce
05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Last throw of the dice for wee Pat this weekend.

Hopefully he sets the team up to have a right go at them from the off....:agree:

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Yes

I'm actually gutted he's in charge for this game because with the rank rotten squad the Merricks have and the nick they're in at the moment we could really pump them if we had a decent man at the helm...

Fenlon though :rolleyes:

HibbySpurs
05-08-2013, 01:11 PM
He still has my backing at the moment but I've voted 'Yes'. He simply must beat Hearts, convincingly too.

:agree:. Agree with the above.

However I also forsee a Duff Jimmy coming along so maybe better if he was to toddle off now and JN could take the team at least for the Hearts game.

Captain Trips
05-08-2013, 01:17 PM
He should go no matter what happens and preferably before the match.

gillythehibby
05-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Seems to me polls like this focus on the negatives. What we should be doing is supporting the team AND the current manager. This vote tells us nothing we don't already know and unless we are going to present or use the results are a waste of time. We are 1 game in to the new season and in my view we were unlucky not to take at least a point yesterday. We played ok. What i would say is that Pat's insistence on the current 4-5-1 setup will be his down-fall. I think Harris let him down yesterday which makes this system even more difficult. He gave us nothing in terms of good quality crosses into the danger zone. Add this to a midfield sitting too far from the striker means goal attempts to a minimum. Lets see if we as fans can go to that dump along the road and get the team and Pat up for it. GBTH

jakeshibs
05-08-2013, 01:41 PM
ok! ok! Ok! we have not achieved what we all think we should achieve but since the late 70s we have been the same. I am not sating I am happy with this as I want success and good attacking football, apart from a couple of years under McLeish Mowbray and Collins we have remained the same pretty much infact we have been relegated a couple of times too. I do not want to keep changing managers every season as they don't give the fans exactly what they want as this needs to be done over time. Look at Sir Alex Ferguson at Man Utd, he did not bring success straight away however was about to be sacked if he never won the FA the rest is history. we need to be careful what we wish for as another 4 seasons with 4 different managers will get us nowhere, I can see a difference in ER, we are slowly turning into a better team and organisation, we have on paper a good side lets see it through, stand firm and not run at the first sight of trouble. I will make my decision after half the season not on the first game of a new campaign. I think we will be top 4 come Christmas, only my opinion but I believe in HIBS and will be there this weekend to witness a great victory over them!!!!!:flag:

hibee19
05-08-2013, 01:50 PM
Seems to me polls like this focus on the negatives. What we should be doing is supporting the team AND the current manager. This vote tells us nothing we don't already know and unless we are going to present or use the results are a waste of time. We are 1 game in to the new season and in my view we were unlucky not to take at least a point yesterday. We played ok. What i would say is that Pat's insistence on the current 4-5-1 setup will be his down-fall. I think Harris let him down yesterday which makes this system even more difficult. He gave us nothing in terms of good quality crosses into the danger zone. Add this to a midfield sitting too far from the striker means goal attempts to a minimum. Lets see if we as fans can go to that dump along the road and get the team and Pat up for it. GBTH

Utter drivel. There seems to be a lot negative going on right now, when the team gives us something to be positive about then we will be positive. The team and manager had a helluva lot of support before the Malmo game, before the two cup finals, supporting the team only gets you so far, you need the management and players to show some competence.

jacomo
05-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Nope, we're three games into the new season. The Malmo tie was not a friendly.

BH Hibs
05-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Sorry mate but can't agree with most of this. I feel we do support the team pretty well and we shouldn't be conned into accepting mediocrity. I also don't think it was Harris that let anyone down as he created one of the very few chances we had if anything Fenlon let Harris down by not getting players in positions to support him. Finally if the fans have to get Pat up for Sunday he'd be as well not going

Hibiza
05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
No.

He should go now.

Be careful what you wish for. mind end up with a levein or sim. Give him this season.:flag:

Chris.igoe
05-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Yes

hibee19
05-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Be careful what you wish for. mind end up with a levein or sim. Give him this season.:flag:

Your defence for Fenlon is "at least he's not Levein". The only difference between Fenlon and Levein is that Levein is a competent SPL manager. I would not for a second want that man near our club but at least it would be a minor upgrade over Fenlon.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2013, 02:13 PM
I voted no because I dont think he will get the boot if we dont beat the Yams. My personal opinion is that I am getting very close to losing any faith in him I had, but that is tempered by not wanting to see us sack yet another manager.

If we lose he is history .... just has to be !!!

Hibiza
05-08-2013, 02:14 PM
This. Duff Jimmy scenario on its way.

Duff Jimmy, was in a class of his own. problem was every one he signed were in the same class (inc his school). :flag:

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 05:45 PM
No.

He should go now.

this and if he is in charge and we actually win then he should still go. If we win by 10 goals i'll give him another week :thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-08-2013, 05:58 PM
If Hearts turn us over I have no doubts that he will walk. Voted yes because it will be a foregone conclusion.

PeeJay
05-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Yes

However, if the worse should come to the worst, and this Hearts team should beat us, then Fenlon can stay, but I'm going....

Sammy7nil
05-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Fenlon SHOULD GO WIN OR LOSE HE IS NOT THE ANSWER

hibee19
05-08-2013, 06:57 PM
fenlon should go win or lose he is not the answer

i agree

basehibby
05-08-2013, 07:23 PM
More about performance IMO - I want to see a good performance vs the Yams (and yes ideally 3 points) and signs of better to come. Fenlon burned a load of doggie lives with that non-performance against Malmo, but he can still redeem himself over the piece. A riotous humping of the Yams would be a big step in the right direction - a whimper of a display would be deserving of the sack.

allezsauzee
05-08-2013, 07:56 PM
I don't think he should go on the back of a poor result against Hearts, however I think the board need to know that he has a plan to add some attacking flair to this squad. If not, then he should be booted.

Ricky Bobby
05-08-2013, 08:06 PM
I don't think he should go on the back of a poor result against Hearts, however I think the board need to know that he has a plan to add some attacking flair to this squad. If not, then he should be booted.

Personally i would rather the board did not give Pat any more money, If the board are going to stand by him it must be on the basis that he can prove that he can get better performances from the existing squad.

AlbertK86
05-08-2013, 08:13 PM
No he shouldn't

I want to see what happens when he has near enough a fully fit squad

I honestly think he has/is assembling a decent squad but they need time to gel.

Remember potentially our arguably best back four when fully fit were missing yesterday

Clancy. McPake. Forster. McGivern

Still got Cairney to come back from injury and hopefully recover last seasons early form

Leigh is near enough impossible to replace but I think we need to give Collins and Vine a few weeks to see what they can do as a pair

Craig, jones also cannae go from being above average performers at their previous clubs to dafties and I'm sure they will settle in after a few weeks

Thomson and Robertson looked good yesterday

We have some very promising youngsters in particular Harris Stanton Forster and horribine. If Donaldson Caldwell and Handling are nurtured properly I think they will come good

What I do think we need is at least one or if possible a couple of wide players with pace

Far to often we have sacked managers when our squad has been stretched due to injury and mediocre players

If he gets a near enough full squad and we are still getting horses every week by Christmas then yep it may be time to reconsider pats position

Lets back him the team and the club

GGTTH

eastterrace
05-08-2013, 08:23 PM
ok! ok! Ok! we have not achieved what we all think we should achieve but since the late 70s we have been the same. I am not sating I am happy with this as I want success and good attacking football, apart from a couple of years under McLeish Mowbray and Collins we have remained the same pretty much infact we have been relegated a couple of times too. I do not want to keep changing managers every season as they don't give the fans exactly what they want as this needs to be done over time. Look at Sir Alex Ferguson at Man Utd, he did not bring success straight away however was about to be sacked if he never won the FA the rest is history. we need to be careful what we wish for as another 4 seasons with 4 different managers will get us nowhere, I can see a difference in ER, we are slowly turning into a better team and organisation, we have on paper a good side lets see it through, stand firm and not run at the first sight of trouble. I will make my decision after half the season not on the first game of a new campaign. I think we will be top 4 come Christmas, only my opinion but I believe in HIBS and will be there this weekend to witness a great victory over them!!!!!:flag:

any chance you could give me some of the stuff your on, he has won one league game at home since we beat celtic just before new year and you think we will be top four, no chance ,ive supported him but no more his time is up.

Onceinawhile
05-08-2013, 08:29 PM
No, anyone who thinks we will go to tynie and turn them over, or even expects us to us mental. It's a derby, it'll be hard fought and we quite possibly won't win. A Hibs managers career should never be decided by an away derby Ffs.

That's not to say his job isn't on the line, but come on a?

YehButNoBut
05-08-2013, 08:36 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/hibernian/235092-talking-point-does-pat-fenlon-have-90-minutes-to-save-his-job-at-hibs/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Talking Point: Does Pat Fenlon have 90 minutes to save his job at Hibs?

Andy Coyle (http://www.twitter.com/stv_andy) and Grant Russell (http://www.twitter.com/stvgrant) discuss the manager’s position and the effects of consecutive home defeats.

Sir David Gray
05-08-2013, 10:31 PM
I don't think failure to win on Sunday should, in itself, be a sackable offence.

It depends on how the game goes.

greenlex
06-08-2013, 11:06 AM
I don't think failure to win on Sunday should, in itself, be a sackable offence.

It depends on how the game goes.

This.
The team selection and subsequent performance are of more importance than the result. He simply has to get this right. We are playing a very weak hearts side and derby or not we have to take this game by the scruff if the neck.

southsider
06-08-2013, 11:27 AM
He should have left after THAT cup final but to be still in a job after Malmo is just plain crazy. Petrie should grow a pair and get rid.