PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen this season...

neil7908
05-08-2013, 11:26 AM
look like they might have a good shoot at 2nd.

Probably absurdly early to start making calls after 1 round of fixtures but I have to say, just watched highlights of their game vs Killie and they were all over them, played some nice football and missed some really good chances.

They looked very dangerous going forward, McInnes is a good manager and guys like Flood, Anderson, Robson, McGinn and Hayes have bags of ability and SPL experience. Still have some interesting young ones in the mix as well like Ryan Jack and noticed that Gregg Wylde didnt even make the starting XI for them.

BH Hibs
05-08-2013, 11:31 AM
This has been getting said for years and they actually underachieve more than us. In saying that maybe McInnes could be the difference. Have my doubts though

IWasThere2016
05-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Ripped Killie apart at times - several off the woodwork also. Wee Flood looked outstanding.

neil7908
05-08-2013, 11:37 AM
This has been getting said for years and they actually underachieve more than us. In saying that maybe McInnes could be the difference. Have my doubts though

Its still early days but I would say that based on the change of manager, retaining the likes of McGinn and Hayes and bringing in a number of folk with SPL experience they are the only club that has clearly improved over the summer (I had/have hopes we might be another).

Now they were starting from a pretty low point under Brown so it might be a tad early to start talking of them as world beaters but watching the highlights from over the weekend and having a look at their squad I was quite impressed. A good manager like McInnes makes all the difference as well.

IanM
05-08-2013, 11:43 AM
I don't know their team inside out but my Aberdeen supporting mate said a few weeks ago that they finally have a decent player in every position, something they haven't had in years.

time will tell

Pretty Boy
05-08-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm sure their fans will be happy with 7th this season.

Good progress.

stokesmessiah
05-08-2013, 11:51 AM
Ripped Killie apart at times - several off the woodwork also. Wee Flood looked outstanding.

I am glad the members of Hibs.net saw fit to scoff at the idea of signing him.

EDIT: Not all of them i hasten to add.

DH1875
05-08-2013, 12:06 PM
Only saw the highlights but they did look good.

GraniteCityHibs
05-08-2013, 12:14 PM

Another Irishman?! No thanks!!

:grr:

Aldo
05-08-2013, 12:19 PM

Couple of Utd fans at work are gutted he left. Never stopped and pretty much everything creative from the middle came from him.

The_Horde
05-08-2013, 12:28 PM
They looked alright but killie looked pretty poor and still could have sneaked an equaliser through Boyd.

clerriehibs
05-08-2013, 12:30 PM

Wotherspoon was also a standout for St J.

Funny that.

Fans forums .. great for fans engagement, even better if anyone professionally connected to the sport simply ignores them.

clerriehibs
05-08-2013, 12:32 PM

Probably absurdly early to start making calls after 1 round of fixtures but I have to say, just watched highlights of their game vs Killie and they were all over them, played some nice football and missed some really good chances.

They looked very dangerous going forward, McInnes is a good manager and guys like Flood, Anderson, Robson, McGinn and Hayes have bags of ability and SPL experience. Still have some interesting young ones in the mix as well like Ryan Jack and noticed that Gregg Wylde didnt even make the starting XI for them.

Dundee United looked fantastic on day one last season against a crap team, but only fluked it into top 6 on the last game before the break.

Forget day one impressions.

BarneyK
05-08-2013, 12:35 PM
;3705281']They looked alright but killie looked pretty poor and still could have sneaked an equaliser through Boyd.

:agree: I thought Dundee United were a shoe-in for 2nd place after last season's opener, but then remembered it was just Hibs they were playing...

LongshanksED
05-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Heard many a talk, from pundits, football fans, bookies and the man in the street saying Aberdeen are a good shout for 2nd place

Bishop Hibee
05-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Away to Motherwell next. A far stiffer test than Killie.

Jones28
05-08-2013, 01:37 PM
They are the only team who haven't lost key players, they're a good shout for 2nd.

PeterboroHibee
05-08-2013, 02:14 PM

Ive watched him enough to stand by the opinion that he is rubbish. Hes committed and will work so hard for the team, which is a credit to him, but as a footballer hes not very good.

Eternal Hibbie
05-08-2013, 02:29 PM
I don't know their team inside out but my Aberdeen supporting mate said a few weeks ago that they finally have a decent player in every position, something they haven't had in years.

time will tell

Think they will flatter to deceive, don't believe you will be able to look at any side outwith Celtic and put your cash on them to finish in the top three.

Everyone capable of taking points of one another and depth of squad will prove crucial.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Gatecrasher
05-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Just seen the highlights, looked very dangerous but killie looked poor as well, Big crowd at the game as well, checked the bbc web site for an attendance but couldn't find one.

NOLA
05-08-2013, 05:32 PM

amazing what can happen with a good manager in charge

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 05:33 PM
They have an extremely positive manager who know how big a club Aberdeen are.

Squealing pig
05-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Some crowd at that game, looks like a good season for them ahead

Shields Hibee
05-08-2013, 05:39 PM
One of my mates reckoned they could do well this season & suggested 2nd place for them, I said I doubted whether they could last the pace as they started well last season then faded away like us.

Lets see how they do at Well in their next game but day 1 can always be a strange one.

MKHIBEE
05-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Just seen the highlights, looked very dangerous but killie looked poor as well, Big crowd at the game as well, checked the bbc web site for an attendance but couldn't find one.

The attendance was over 13000 according to the paper I read this morning.

chrisski33
05-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Is this the aberdeen appreciation society thread? ***** em we will get our act together and stuff them! :-)

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Over 13k according to Sportscene lastnight.