PDA

View Full Version : Alex Harris injury

Leishy1995
05-08-2013, 10:23 AM
As it says on the back page today

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Looked a bad one yesterday, ligaments probably..

All we need :rolleyes:

truehibernian
05-08-2013, 10:33 AM
It's okay we have other wingers.........och wait a minute, Hibs don't sign wingers !!!!

Hope Boozy gets through it and is back soon, looked sore.

Hibby Gav
05-08-2013, 10:34 AM
As it says on the back page today

Hope it isn't...for the lads sake...

Diclonius
05-08-2013, 10:40 AM
Oh well, there goes what little width we had (protip: Liam Craig isn't a wide midfielder).

Brightside
05-08-2013, 11:07 AM
Oh well, there goes what little width we had (protip: Liam Craig isn't a wide midfielder).

and he doesnt want to be. he kept on drifting into his natural ACM role until being shouted at to stay out wide a stop trying to win games

weehibee19
05-08-2013, 11:16 AM
It's okay we have other wingers.........och wait a minute, Hibs don't sign wingers !!!!

Hope Boozy gets through it and is back soon, looked sore.

Rowan Vine did spend most of his time at St Johnstone as a right winger. Which would mean Caldwell or Handling would have to partner Collins upfront?

The_Exile
05-08-2013, 11:19 AM
Rowan Vine did spend most of his time at St Johnstone as a right winger. Which would mean Caldwell or Handling would have to partner Collins upfront?

Steady, that would mean playing 2 strikers :greengrin

Pretty Boy
Just what we need.

Hibby_CR14
I'm a little gutted about this as I think he can be exciting to watch on his game. Also hope it won't hinder his development.

Plus now we have no pace in attack :(

JimBHibees
05-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Actually thought it was a dreadful tackle and worthy of a red.

ivan03
05-08-2013, 02:43 PM
theres also that lad we signed from partick thistle last season... looked pretty good until about christmas, hasn't really kicked a ball since.... paul something....:wink:

i know hes had an injury just now but if we could get cairney back to how he was this time last season we'd be a lot more dangerous in the final third!

rcarter1
05-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Total bummer for the lad - and us. Had a poor match first half, but was just getting into good positions when that happened. As for his poor display, he is young and I think needs game time and coaching to help him choose better positions, and to know when NOT to take a player on. Get well soon! :agree:

Wotherspiniesta
05-08-2013, 05:36 PM
theres also that lad we signed from partick thistle last season... looked pretty good until about christmas, hasn't really kicked a ball since.... paul something....:wink:

i know hes had an injury just now but if we could get cairney back to how he was this time last season we'd be a lot more dangerous in the final third!

Cairney was god awful towards the end of last season and is now out for two months.

Can be a clever player who can create chances when he's on his game, but he's not what we're looking for just now

If Harris' injury is long term, we badly need a winger before the end of the transfer window. ( We actually need another winger anyway, but there you go )

We really are in bad shape just now. A defence that looks slow and culpable of conceding very soft goals. A one dimensional midfield with no cutting threat and overstacked wiht defense minded players. No width, and our only natural winger now crocked. An inexperienced, unproven forward line. And a manager who can't find a balance tactically or get us playing cohesive football.

Not much to look forward to in the weeks ahead I reckon :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
05-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Paul Cairney was our best player up till November. Imo.

NOLA
05-08-2013, 05:54 PM
and he doesnt want to be. he kept on drifting into his natural ACM role until being shouted at to stay out wide a stop trying to win games

had to laugh cos its crazy but true :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
05-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Handling tweeted this picture of Harris and Cairney.. Doesn't look good. Then again doesn't look like he's in a brace or anything?

rcarter1
05-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Handling tweeted this picture of Harris and Cairney.. Doesn't look good.

Vine, we need you....

Get well guys!!

Viva_Palmeiras
05-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Handling tweeted this picture of Harris and Cairney.. Doesn't look good. Then again doesn't look like he's in a brace or anything?

Thought those type of crutches (for Harris) has been phased out as they cut off the blood supply in favour of the type used by Cairney...?

TornadoHibby
05-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Actually thought it was a dreadful tackle and worthy of a red.

I think that most of us at the game thought the very same! :confused:

The guy was intent on stopping the lad however he had to do it and he certainly did that! :confused:

McLeod1875
05-08-2013, 06:28 PM
As said this is all we ****ing need eh! Wonder what Pat has up his sleeve.... :idea:

SMAXXA
05-08-2013, 06:34 PM
As said this is all we ****ing need eh! Wonder what Pat has up his sleeve.... :idea:

Hankies

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-08-2013, 06:36 PM

Could be a precaution. Doesn't really give much away.

mentalhibee
05-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Doesn't look good, hopefully back fit ASAP. Top talent!

jakeshibs
05-08-2013, 08:12 PM
does anyone itk, really know the extent of his injury, how long he will be out etc, get well soon wee man, Hibs need you, you have a great future as you continue to d evelop

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 11:23 AM
Latest on Harris, he's out for Sunday, unfortunately.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/injured-hibs-star-alex-harris-in-new-scan-1-3031552

Injured Hibs star Alex Harris in new scan

Hibs kid Alex Harris will today have a further scan to assess the full extent of the ankle injury he suffered during the opening game of the new Scottish Premiership season.

The 18-year-old winger limped out of the action against Motherwell after being caught by Fir Park defender Shaun Hutchinson, a challenge which earned him a yellow card but left Harris in obvious pain as his opponent’s full weight fell on his right ankle.

Harris was taken from the pitch to hospital where an initial examination revealed the good news that there was no break, but while ligament damage is feared, his ankle was so badly swollen medics were unable to fully ascertain the extent of an injury which will rule him out of this weekend’s derby at Tynecastle at least.

Boss Pat Fenlon said: “There was no fracture but it was too early to tell what ligament damage there might be so Alex will have a further scan today.”

The loss of Harris is yet another blow for Fenlon who has found his future as Easter Road boss in question following three straight defeats, the Irishman, having gone into the Motherwell game stripped of the services of captain James McPake, Tim Clancy, Paul Cairney and Bradley Donaldson through injury.

None of them are expected to be fit to face Hearts on Sunday but Ryan McGivern, who was on the bench at the weekend having been ruled out of the Europa League games against Malmo with a knee injury, looks set to return while striker Rowan Vine and teenage centre-half Jordon Forster will be available after serving one-match suspensions.

Iain G
06-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Latest on Harris, he's out for Sunday, unfortunately.

[URL]

None of them are expected to be fit to face Hearts on Sunday but Ryan McGivern, who was on the bench at the weekend having been ruled out of the Europa League games against Malmo with a knee injury, looks set to return while striker Rowan Vine and teenage centre-half Jordon Forster will be available after serving one-match suspensions.

So no Harris but good news on McGivern, Vine and Forster back to add some much needed energy into the team :agree:

jacomo
06-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Seems Vine can play wide but he's not too pacey.

Quite why our squad is still so unbalanced is a total mystery to me. Injuries in one or two positions leave us utterly threadbare. Little cover on the left, no natural wide player on the left.

Why Pat why?

hibsbollah
06-08-2013, 11:39 AM
does anyone itk, really know the extent of his injury, how long he will be out etc, get well soon wee man, Hibs need you, you have a great future as you continue to d evelop

From experience, badly damaged ankle ligaments can be equally as painful and take longer to heal than a break. It all depends on how serious it is but two or three months is a possibility.

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Sorry for Harris and its a blow to us but he was having a stinker on Sunday. In saying that he was starting to come more into it before going off.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Sorry for Harris and its a blow to us but he was having a stinker on Sunday. In saying that he was starting to come more into it before going off.

You can guarantee that Hearts will get a boost from this after his performance there last season. With this news and the Thomson appointment, it's been a good day for them...

500miles
06-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Well he does a pretty good impression of one, seeing as he's spent the vast majority of his career as a left midfielder.

When St. Johnstone were playing Tade and Hasselbaink up front, and Sheridan and Sandaza up front, Liam Craig was certainly at Left mid. Maybe on the occassion they played him through the middle, but he is a left midfielder by trade.

Where has this myth about Craig popped up from?

Billychaotic182
07-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Reported all over twitter that Harris is out till Christmas. Not confirmed just wanted to know if others have heard the same

Sean1875
07-08-2013, 09:58 PM
if true... **** :grr:

Sir David Gray
07-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Although he struggled to make an impact on Sunday, it is certainly a blow for us.

Hopefully he's a quick healer.

Dinkydoo
08-08-2013, 06:48 AM
From experience, badly damaged ankle ligaments can be equally as painful and take longer to heal than a break. It all depends on how serious it is but two or three months is a possibility.

I sprained my ankle badly during a skateboarding accident around 3 years ago. I couldn't wear a shoe on my right foot for over a week and was limping for over 3 months. It took 6 months for it to fully heal. To be honest, it was about time I gave that particular hobby up!

I was told by the radiographer that a clean break would probably heal quicker than my injury judging by the size of my (big)foot!!

Hopefully Harris hasn't done as much damage to his ankle.

hibsbollah
08-08-2013, 07:08 AM
I sprained my ankle badly during a skateboarding accident around 3 years ago. I couldn't wear a shoe on my right foot for over a week and was limping for over 3 months. It took 6 months for it to fully heal. To be honest, it was about time I gave that particular hobby up!

I was told by the radiographer that a clean break would probably heal quicker than my injury judging by the size of my (big)foot!!

Hopefully Harris hasn't done as much damage to his ankle.

:agree:

I've broken my ankle twice and neither time was it nearly as problematic as when I sprained the ligaments. It took months to get back to normal.

As long as we let that big Geordie twat know what we think of him next time we play them :grr:

West hamBERNIAN
08-08-2013, 04:29 PM
why no news yet? did he get the scan on the NHS? Have the club actually said anything about it? is he even injured?

jane_says
09-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Apologies if posted elsewhere, but apparently Harris has fractured his foot/ankle and is going to be out for around 3 months. Gutted for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Bwx7D3xHw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw

kdhibees1
09-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Apologies if posted elsewhere, but apparently Harris has fractured his foot/ankle and is going to be out for around 3 months. Gutted for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Bwx7D3xHw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw
Pat's face in that Video still. Looks like he's greeting.
This is a nightmare situation though!!

Zazu62
09-08-2013, 08:44 PM
It's a shame but that's football unfortunately, he will be back that's for sure

Hibercelona
09-08-2013, 08:47 PM
It's a shame but that's football unfortunately, he will be back that's for sure

"That's Hibs" you mean.

It's always us and always at the worst possible times.

GreenCastle
09-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Only positive out of Harris being injured is that he will now get a good few weeks rest as I thought he was starting to look a little tired.

Ideally though would have him as his speed is a massive asset to the team- hopefully will allow others to show what they have in the next few weeks.

MSK
09-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Only positive out of Harris being injured is that he will now get a good few weeks rest as I thought he was starting to look a little tired.

Ideally though would have him as his speed is a massive asset to the team- hopefully will allow others to show what they have in the next few weeks.Eh ..it was the start of the season ffs !!!!!

GreenCastle
09-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Eh ..it was the start of the season ffs !!!!!

I know...but he played a lot of football towards the end of last season and from what I saw pre-season looked like he wasn't as explosive as before.

I rate the guy highly and gutted he's out - hopefully he will come back stronger and be a boost for us just before Christmas.

My main worry is about his contract expiring!

MSK
09-08-2013, 09:13 PM
I know...but he played a lot of football towards the end of last season and from what I saw pre-season looked like he wasn't as explosive as before.

I rate the guy highly and gutted he's out - hopefully he will come back stronger and be a boost for us just before Christmas.

My main worry is about his contract expiring!Def, :agree:

CapitalHibs
10-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Says so here::grr:http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-blow-as-alex-harris-ruled-out-with-broken-foot-1-3039354

Jack Hackett
10-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Smelly brown stuff

Time For Heroes
10-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Nightmare!

Boyle89
10-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Aw Ffs.

NOLA
10-08-2013, 01:09 AM
makes a replacement paramount, whats matt Done up to these days :faint:

random sub
10-08-2013, 06:20 AM
Bad news indeed- hope he takes the time out to sign a new contract though.

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Great, what little creativity we had is now gone for 3 months....get well soon wee man!!

neil7908
10-08-2013, 10:55 AM
A massive blow to us and the length of time he'll be out for is a real kick in the teeth. We currently have a decent size squad of players but with Harris out injured, not a single one of them has any real pace or ability at run at defenders.Genuinely concerned as I felt even with Harris in the team we needed another winger. Now McCourt has to be a priority and I still think another wide player would be useful.I shudder to think the kind of football we're going to be reduced to now one of the few creative sparks in the team is out.

hfc rd
11-08-2013, 01:30 PM
Get well soon young man. We missed you so badly today. The only player we have that seems to know how to beat a player and offer width.

Col2
27-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Any idea when Harris is back training and due back playing?

Liam89
27-09-2013, 08:33 PM
He mentioned on twitter that he's not sure but probably a good few weeks.

davhibby
27-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I don't think we'll see him play before December

oconnors_strip
27-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Any idea when Harris is back training and due back playing?

He got his cast off recently and has been doing a lot of upper body work in gym. Speaking with his mum last week and he is desperate to get back to full training and playing again, I would say it will take a good month to get him back fully match fit, hopefully November we should see him pull on the green and white again

Hibby_G
03-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Has anyone heard when wee Alex will be back?

NatureBoy
03-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Hopefully soon we desperately need the width he can offer.

Hibby_G
03-11-2013, 10:17 AM
He's a great wee player and where we are right now we really need him⚽

hibsbollah
03-11-2013, 10:18 AM
Id almost forgotten about him to be honest :blush:

Hibby_G
03-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Id almost forgotten about him to be honest :blush:
Ha ha

wearethehibs
03-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Lets face it, he'll come back and as soon as he has a couple of poor games in a row he will get abused until he loses all confidents and we have another Wotherspoon. Cause we're Hibees and that seems to be what we do best!

oconnors_strip
03-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Has anyone heard when wee Alex will be back?

About another 5 weeks until he is back fully in first team training so it's likely to be after Xmas he is back playing

Gmack7
03-11-2013, 10:27 AM
What a strange post

Golden Bear
03-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Let's hope the new Manager sees him as an outright wide attacking player and doesn't try and convert him into yet another midfield maestro.

Billychaotic182
03-11-2013, 10:31 AM
Lets face it, he'll come back and as soon as he has a couple of poor games in a row he will get abused until he loses all confidents and we have another Wotherspoon. Cause we're Hibees and that seems to be what we do best!

Sad but true

Feed McGraw
03-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Lets face it, he'll come back and as soon as he has a couple of poor games in a row he will get abused until he loses all confidents and we have another Wotherspoon. Cause we're Hibees and that seems to be what we do best!Hope he gets as long as Wotherspoon did to prove himself. Don't agree in abusing players, Hibs fans no worse than other fans IMHO and we are also incredibly loyal considering what we put up with.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Oh good.

Another post having a needless dig at the fans.

hibsbollah
03-11-2013, 10:58 AM

Funny that. I had a season ticket over that period and i witnessed 18 months of mediocre Wotherspoon displays before I heard any audible boos or abuse.

silverhibee
03-11-2013, 11:47 AM

Really.!!

As for Harris, could be about January before we see him back in the team.

Frogga
03-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Really.!!

As for Harris, could be about January before we see him back in the team.

What's actually wrong with him?

I remember him getting injured but I don't remember ever hearing that he'd suffered an injury that was going to keep him out long term.

SmashinGlass
03-11-2013, 02:10 PM

I remember him getting injured but I don't remember ever hearing that he'd suffered an injury that was going to keep him out long term.

Broken ankle

Alfred E Newman
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM

Utter crap.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Lets face it, he'll come back and as soon as he has a couple of poor games in a row he will get abused until he loses all confidents and we have another Wotherspoon. Cause we're Hibees and that seems to be what we do best!Moron do this, not Hibees

MikeyG
03-11-2013, 02:39 PM

It's the hibs way

Leishy1995
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Today more than ever highlighted our lust for Harris back

Pretty Boy
03-11-2013, 02:41 PM
It's the hibs way

No it's really not.

It's just nonsense that a few people have started spouting for reasons that escapes me. Maybe it makes them feel like bigger and better supporters.

silverhibee
03-11-2013, 02:45 PM

He just had another operation not so long ago to remove pins from his foot after breaking a bone in hi foot last August.

jdships
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Anyone know when AH's contract runs out ?
Seem to remember hearing it was at the end of this season :confused:

Bishop Hibee
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM

Think you could be right. Would be a big blow if we don't get him and Williams signed up on long term deals.

NadeAteMyLunch!
03-11-2013, 04:45 PM
I heard a rumour that he will be back to score the winner on the 2nd of January? Apparently a goal that will make his goal v Falkirk in the semi look like a tap in. As I said tho, just a rumour

Fergus52
03-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Moron do this, not Hibees

well then about half of our support are "morons" not hibees.

Fergus52
03-11-2013, 04:48 PM
No it's really not.

It's just nonsense that a few people have started spouting for reasons that escapes me. Maybe it makes them feel like bigger and better supporters.

Are you saying that when you're at Easter Road and we're not winning you don't often hear needless abuse shouted at the players? Even when they're not playing that badly?

Pretty Boy
03-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Are you saying that when you're at Easter Road and we're not winning you don't often hear needless abuse shouted at the players? Even when they're not playing that badly?

I do. But it goes on at every ground. The idea that this is something exclusive to Hibs is ridiculous.

Given some of what we have had to deal with over the last 2 to 3 years the majority of the Hibs support have been outstanding.

marinello59
03-11-2013, 05:07 PM

Garbage. The Hibs fans have been superb at the games this season given the poor football we have endured. Keep saying that sort of ***** though and it will soon become FACT.

Sir David Gray
03-11-2013, 06:09 PM

It is.

He signed an 18 month deal in December last year.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2013, 06:13 PM
well then about half of our support are "morons" not hibees.If that is the amount that shout at and abuse players for no reason then yes but I think you are exaggerating/talking pish just a little don't you?

jdships
03-11-2013, 08:12 PM
It is.

He signed an 18 month deal in December last year.

Thanks FH for that
This means then that on 1st January 2014 he can sign a "Pre-Contract" with whom he likes .
Should he move in summer 2014 given his age a fee would have to be paid - correct ?

Must not let this lad get away PLEASE

Aldo
03-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Thanks FH for that This means then that on 1st January 2014 he can sign a "Pre-Contract" with whom he likes . Should he move in summer 2014 given his age a fee would have to be paid - correct ? Must not let this lad get away PLEASE

I'd like to think (or hope) that Rodders is well aware of this and it's in the pipeline.