PDA

View Full Version : Kris Boyd - Humour in Football

YehButNoBut
05-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Just watching highlights of the Aberdeen v Killie game and Kris Boyd scores the Killie goal then gets booked for doing a Sumo impersonation towards Dons fans who had been giving him a bit of stick.

Has the humour gone out of Scottish football when players are getting booked for this type of thing, don't think anyone was offended and surely we need some humour in the game, it is after all an entertainment industry........supposedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k5RRNg0stM

Aldo
05-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Just watching highlights of the Aberdeen v Killie game and Kris Boyd scores the Killie goal then gets booked for doing a Sumo impersonation towards Dons fans who had been giving him a bit of stick.

Has the humour gone out of Scottish football when players are getting booked for this type of thing, don't think anyone was offended and surely we need some humour in the game, it is after all an entertainment industry........supposedly.

YouTube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k5RRNg0stM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k5RRNg0stM)

FFS and when you watch the highlights from Fridays game the Utd CH - Butcher I think, gets away with 2 shocking tackles, the first a straight legged stud showing over the ball tackle then a double footed lunge (and was off the ground).

Mind you it was Thompson who was the ref on Fri.

Zero consistency

BH Hibs
05-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Sadly yes the humour has gone although Boyd is a twat. It annoys me when fans who have been giving players pelters throughout the whole game go running to stewards or police coz said player gives them some back. If ye cannae take it dinnae give it out. :greengrin

DanHFC1875
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
Don't think it matters who the player is or if you like him or not, you shouldn't get booked for that. Was a good goal too.

ballengeich
05-08-2013, 10:36 AM
It's like when Fulton was booked for blowing a kiss to the East Stand when we were "commenting" on his looks. It was harmless and we were all laughing about it. I can understand a card for a gesture that makes spectators angry, but that was pointless.

An earlier one was whan a referee dropped a card at a Rangers game. Gascoigne picked it up, mock-booked the ref and got a booking himself for one of his few successful attempts at humour.

Baader
05-08-2013, 11:21 AM
It's like when Fulton was booked for blowing a kiss to the East Stand when we were "commenting" on his looks. It was harmless and we were all laughing about it. I can understand a card for a gesture that makes spectators angry, but that was pointless.

An earlier one was whan a referee dropped a card at a Rangers game. Gascoigne picked it up, mock-booked the ref and got a booking himself for one of his few successful attempts at humour.

The Huns game was against us at Ibrox! Remember Joe T trying to persuade the ref to leave it...

YehButNoBut
05-08-2013, 11:26 AM
The Huns game was against us at Ibrox! Remember Joe T trying to persuade the ref to leave it...

Poor by the ref, no sense of humour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwgg--Ou-8

frazeHFC
05-08-2013, 11:29 AM
Some celebrations by players deserve a booking if it could potentially cause a pitch invasion, ie Skacel, but that ones a bit harsh. Not complaining though, more suspensions he eventually picks up the better!

neil7908
05-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Not a fan of Boyds but couldn't believe he got booked for that, there really is some insanity in football if things like that and taking your shirt off to celebrate can get a booking.

FWIW I dont necessarily blame refs for that, the governing bodies are making up some daft rules whilst still doing absolutely nothing to make the referees job easier by implementing crucial changes like video technology.

If football has lost its humour we need to get serious and stop expecting one bloke and a couple of assistants at either ends of the pitch to see what 22 players and one football are up to.

silverhibee
05-08-2013, 03:25 PM
FFS and when you watch the highlights from Fridays game the Utd CH - Butcher I think, gets away with 2 shocking tackles, the first a straight legged stud showing over the ball tackle then a double footed lunge (and was off the ground).

Mind you it was Thompson who was the ref on Fri.

Zero consistency

Spot on mate.

Both tackles were leg breakers, he should have seen red for the first tackle, the 2nd one was just horrible, two footed lunge in the box which should have seen him get a red and a penalty awarded, is Mr Lunny still doing his bit at the SPFL, if so he needs to be looking at these incidents and handing out the proper punishment, along with the referee being demoted from refereeing in the top league.

Hibercelona
05-08-2013, 03:37 PM
When the govern bodies come up with new rules. They should be forced to justify the rules given.

There's no justification for booking a player for taking his shirt off after scoring a goal or for having harmless non-offensive banter with their own fans or opposition fans.

There should be reasonable logical explanations given for each rule.

Aldo
05-08-2013, 03:39 PM
Spot on mate.

Both tackles were leg breakers, he should have seen red for the first tackle, the 2nd one was just horrible, two footed lunge in the box which should have seen him get a red and a penalty awarded, is Mr Lunny still doing his bit at the SPFL, if so he needs to be looking at these incidents and handing out the proper punishment, along with the referee being demoted from refereeing in the top league.

Silver I hope he is because that was the first 90 mins of the new SPFL and it was clear to see how woeful CT is as a ref.

Easy decisions to make yet bottled it.

snooky
05-08-2013, 05:41 PM
The SFA/SPL First Commandment - Thou shalt not enjoy yourself!

No wonder the game is dead on its feet. :tumble:

hibee
05-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Surely he done something else, you can't get booked for that!

YehButNoBut
05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Surely he done something else, you can't get booked for that!

That's all he done so it seems you can get booked for that, just crazy.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/aberdeen-2-1-kilmarnock-birth-of-a-brave-new-don-1-3029352

It was enough to seal the victory for the home side, despite Boyd’s intervention in the 64th minute. It was a low strike from the man his manager Allan Johnston says could be pivotal in the months ahead, once he finds full fitness. He was shy of that yesterday, which allowed the home fans to rib him with taunts of ‘sumo’. He repaid them with the goal and a celebration that proved he had a sense of humour. Unfortunately the same could not be said for the referee who booked him.

heretoday
06-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Boyd's gesture was born out of annoyance. It could have produced trouble on the terrace. It's the same when players do the hush gesture with the finger to opposing fans after scoring. It's a provocation. Not good.

Lucius Apuleius
06-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Boyd's gesture was born out of annoyance. It could have produced trouble on the terrace. It's the same when players do the hush gesture with the finger to opposing fans after scoring. It's a provocation. Not good.

Booger me, how old are we? A big bad footballer puts a finger to his lips and that provokes you? Grow a pair of baws eh!

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 08:35 AM

Surely there has to be an allowance for some banter between the fans & players, if we give stick out we should all be big enough to take it back.

I'm no fan of Boyd but to book a player for that is just scandalous, if refs continue booking players for this type of incident there will be no fun left in the game which is a bad thing IMO.

JimBHibees
06-08-2013, 08:47 AM
Spot on mate.

The conspiracy theorist in me is thinking the Harry Wraggs may not get the benefit of the doubt with decisions this year especially from this ref.

Phil MaGlass
06-08-2013, 08:48 AM
The worlds gone mad, wir doomed, aye doomed ah tell yi´s.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Booger me, how old are we? A big bad footballer puts a finger to his lips and that provokes you? Grow a pair of baws eh!

I know, FFS we give the opposition players dogs abuse each and every week. Yet when they give a wee bit back it could and i quote (cause trouble on the terraces) :faf: There has been no trouble on the terraces in years. :confused:

And as for provocation, if he'd jumped into the home crowd and got his tadger out and slapped a few sheep round the head with it, that would be provocation.

Someone putting their finger to their mouth, or rubbing their belly is hardly provocative. If you find it provocative you need to find a more mild mannered sport in my opinion.

Killiehibbie
06-08-2013, 09:24 AM
When the govern bodies come up with new rules. They should be forced to justify the rules given.

There's no justification for booking a player for taking his shirt off after scoring a goal or for having harmless non-offensive banter with their own fans or opposition fans.

There should be reasonable logical explanations given for each rule.
The bookings for taking shirts off were introduced after one or two players revealed political tshirts or some crap. As for Boyd absolutely no need to book him.

Gus Fring
06-08-2013, 11:12 AM

You are mistake my friend. I think you'll find that he was booked for being ugly

coco22
06-08-2013, 11:29 AM
You are mistake my friend. I think you'll find that he was booked for being ugly

Surely under today's stricter regime this would warrant a straight red?

DH1875
06-08-2013, 12:28 PM

:fishin:

snooky
06-08-2013, 05:01 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k5RRNg0stM

No it hasn't, YBNB.
Putting CT in charge of the derby has Doncaster and his dingleberries pissing themselves laughing all through the corridors of Hampden.
Comedians the lot of them :clown: :clown: :clown:

Thecat23
06-08-2013, 05:07 PM
It flashed up on TV yesterday and I thought he was doing an Ape impression for some daft reason!! Sumo makes a lot more sense right enough!

Frazerbob
06-08-2013, 05:34 PM
Wait a minute.....I thought "Boydy" was signing for Hearts, how come he was playing for Killie?

heretoday
06-08-2013, 08:29 PM

It was so nice to have made your acquaintance!

Lucius Apuleius
07-08-2013, 09:03 AM
It was so nice to have made your acquaintance!

Lost me with that reply. Pleasure is all yours.