PDA

View Full Version : Questions For The.Net Massive

Speedway
05-08-2013, 09:27 AM
After the curtain raising blockbuster clash of the titans grudge match that we fought each other to get tickets for yesterday, what did you think of the following:

- Scott Robertson brought a lot to the table, do you agree?

- The crowd will have been the final confirmation to RP that Fenlon has lost the 'stands' wouldn't you say?

- If we'd have had the same pre-season and signings but only lost 0-1 to Malmo and 0-1 to the Mothers, would you be as keen to see Fenlon emptied?

- Do you watch so much football that you've seen a manager's playing style over and over again to realistically want him at Hibs? If so, who?

Callum_62
05-08-2013, 09:34 AM
After the curtain raising blockbuster clash of the titans grudge match that we fought each other to get tickets for yesterday, what did you think of the following:

- The crowd will have been the final confirmation to RP that Fenlon has lost the 'stands' wouldn't you say?

- If we'd have had the same pre-season and signings but only lost 0-1 to Malmo and 0-1 to the Mothers, would you be as keen to see Fenlon emptied?

- Do you watch so much football that you've seen a manager's playing style over and over again to realistically want him at Hibs? If so, who?

Robertson was pretty effective i thought

I watched the game online and the atmosphere sounded non existant.

Im not calling for his head yet, and i believe if the malmo game never happened neither would quite a few others.

No one totally jumps out for me....wouldht be totally agaisy kenny shiels tho

frazeHFC
05-08-2013, 09:40 AM
- Robertson had a very good game, was like a different player from last season. Did well with Thomson in the middle.

- The crowd was poor especially for first game of the season. Can't see it getting any better this season unless the football improves.

- Probably not, 7-0 was too much to take! Results need to improve asap though.

- Someone who knows what they are doing. Most teams we play at least look organised, Inverness in particular always look the part against us.

GreenArmyyy!
05-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Scott Robertson I felt was decent, nothing spectacular apart from his volley which was sublime. I think the support yesterday was more to do with section 43 disbanding than Fenlon. The crowd did nothing to try and lift the team yesterday which was disappointing. If the score had been closer v Malmo I probably wouldn't feel as bad as I do about Fenlon being in charge now. I was firmly behind Fenlon until yesterday but the negativity of the football played was frightening and we now seem to play every game for the draw or sneaking a goal here and there. I would love Stuart McCall at Hibs but that is unrealistic. I would be tempted to go for Alex Mcleish, Bruce Rioch or ideally John Collins (not going to happen I know) other than that there don't seem to a lot of 'known managers' around that I think would want to come to Hibs.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Robertson was good, i've always thought he'll come good.

Apathy is fast setting in again, that crowd for a season opener and the fact it's looking likely we won't sell out our allocation for the first derby of the season should be a wake up call.

Probably not but it did happen and probably just brought forward my ire by a few weeks.

No one really jumps out but I believe we have a good enough squad that a half decent manager could easily see us pushing for a top 4 finish. Derek Adams maybe but doubt he'd be interested.

neil7908
05-08-2013, 09:54 AM

1) Impressed by Robertson, he wasn't brilliant but definitely looked the kind of player I hoped we would be getting when we brought him in last season. He got forward well and played some tidy football near their box. Would start him next week for sure.

2) Should be but by the looks of things he'll get at least the Hearts game. I worry a little for next week as although Hearts are going to be poor this season, I don't think we can expect to go and beat them by 3-4 goals, especially not the way we are playing right now. St Johnstone only put one past them yesterday so I think we need to be careful about getting carried away.

3) Probably not, I was feeling reasonably upbeat before the Malmo game at ER but had all that optimism destroyed. Like most folk I didn't see us getting through but that score was a disgrace. Very hard to support a manager who has been in charge for the 2 worst results in my lifetime.

4) Difficult, its a good question as I've been critical of the boards appointments but to be honest I'm not sure who are budget would attract. Would love Butcher and McCall from what I've seen of the sides they have created but cant see either joining us

Eyrie
05-08-2013, 09:55 AM
1 - Robertson finally looked a decent player. Wasn't impressed by him last year.
2 - Very disappointing for our first home game.
3 - Depends on the performance against Malmo rather than the scoreline. The away game was 2-0 going 6-0. It's the non-appearance in Europe and the tactical inflexibility yesterday that is starting to shift my support for Fenlon.
4 - Don't watch much football other than Hibs and the top teams in England. It's like two different sports.

Beefster
05-08-2013, 09:55 AM

- Yes but he hasn't done it often enough so far.

- I suspect that Rodders already knew how bad the crowd was going to be considering how empty BTG was when he did his customary walk at 12pm.

- Yes. I wanted him sacked last season when it was confirmed beyond all doubt that he was tactically useless, unable to change a game once it started and loved to unsuccessfully put teams out to avoid defeat.

- No. I want Hibs to scour Europe for an intelligent manager who has new ideas on professionalism, how the game should be played, a club ethos and how to fit the right players into it. In the meantime, make Nicholl the caretaker.

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
- Robertson looked far better from last seasons Robertson, seems a fair way of full fitness though which is worrying!

- A quick look at the "Attendance" thread on here will give an insight into just how little interest folk have, numerous ST holders not there yesterday...

- Probably not, but I've seen more than enough proof that he's well out his depth & we are now stagnating under him

- Nearly every team that came to ER last season passed us off the park, Butcher, McCall etc have all got tiny budgets compared to PF but have consistently assembled teams that play far superior football than us and have handed us our ***** on a plate numerous times....

PeeJay
05-08-2013, 10:02 AM
It was a decent, workmanlike performance, he had a good shot at goal, concerned he seemed to have a bad attack of cramp towards end of game - or what was the injury - is he perhaps not fully fit yet?

- The crowd will have been the final confirmation to RP that Fenlon has lost the 'stands' wouldn't you say? If the results haven't convinced him, not sure why a few boos from the crowd should ...

Well yes, as I haven't forgotten 1-5 or the failure to make top six in a crummy league. BTW Malmö only beat us 2-0 in Sweden, but it could have been so much more.

Don't really watch that much football, but from what I've seen, we need someone who knows the game in Scotland, someone who knows how to set up proper training routines, someone who is professional in everything he does and he also has to be good tactically and set Hibs up to play football - we shouldn't let clubs come to ER and boss us around. When did we last boss anyone? Motherwell have done well in recent years, so McCall would be a possibility, but would he come...?

DaveF
05-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Robertson was excellent
Crowd size and atompshere was expected and it will only get worse if he remains in charge
He should have been sacked for trying to get a 0-0 at home on the opening day, regardless of Malmo
Anyone but Fenlon will do me

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 10:08 AM
- Yes but he hasn't done it often enough so far.

- I suspect that Rodders already knew how bad the crowd was going to be considering how empty BTG was when he did his customary walk at 12pm.

- Yes. I wanted him sacked last season when it was confirmed beyond all doubt that he was tactically useless, unable to change a game once it started and loved to unsuccessfully put teams out to avoid defeat.

- No. I want Hibs to scour Europe for an intelligent manager who has new ideas on professionalism, how the game should be played, a club ethos and how to fit the right players into it. In the meantime, make Nicholl the caretaker.

I second that. :agree:

PeterboroHibee
05-08-2013, 10:13 AM
- He was probably our most positive midfielder going forward, and nearly scored a good goal. I think we need to see a bit more from him though, and he could do with some work on his first touch.

- The crowd was always going to drop considerably from Malmo. More fans always turn up for European games, and coupled with the result, its no wonder people didnt come back. It was noticeable how annoyed the fans were with Fenlon though.

- I think the majority of fans have wanted Fenlon to go for a while, which maybe cooled down over the summer with all the signings, but getting beat 7-0 was the final straw. When you consider that we have lost the 3 major games under Fenlon 5-1, 3-0 and 7-0, it is fairly impressive he is still in the job. Coupled with nearly screwing up the semi vs Falkirk, and our last 4 games we have conceded 13 goals without even looking like scoring, it really is quite grim. I think only losing to Malmo 1 or 2-0 would have just bought him more time.

- I cant think of anyone. I like the idea of Collins back but that wont happen.

Speedway
05-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Robertson was excellent
Crowd size and atompshere was expected and it will only get worse if he remains in charge
He should have been sacked for trying to get a 0-0 at home on the opening day, regardless of Malmo
Anyone but Fenlon will do me

A Colin Calderwood/Jim Duffy dream ticket?

Aldo
05-08-2013, 10:19 AM
The fans have already made their feelings known with less than 10,000 turning up for the first game of the season.

if results continue to be poor then attendances will continue to drop. RP knows this and has a very very difficult decision to make (easy for me or you)

Mac
05-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Thought Robertson was excellent yesterday before he got injured, Craig was excellent ion the first half with Thomson being better in the 2nd and Jones was a complete passenger throughout.

Mullen looks miles off being a 1st team regular and for a young lad is incredibly slow as he was outrun by both Nelson and Sutton and was regular caught miles out of position and wrong side of the attacking player, hope Clancy and McGivern come back soon.

Overall I don’t think it’s the quality of player on the park, on paper the ability we have in the squad is very good and would go as far as to say it’s probably the best squad of players out with Celtic, which brings the key issue for me, Fenlon I think is running out of ideas and although a very nice guy isn’t the man to move us forward, no issues with the players I just think once again we aren’t getting the best out of what we have, they almost look restricted on what they can do, for about 20 minutes in the 2nd half we did look like a decent team but outdone by the usual inept defending against a simple ball over the top.

IanM
05-08-2013, 02:28 PM

Delighted for Scott. Posted a few times recently that when fully fit and given proper game time he'll be the difference this year. looked sharp, battled for everything. a proper heads down workmanlike shift. i even joked to my mate that if he kept up the battling he would do himself an injury. Do'h!. he'll improve from sunday too. defo haven't seen the best of him

didn't feel like i was at a hibs game, bring back the old east terrace! atmosphere was dreadful but i think it was a nervous performance in parts which you could say was how most of the hibs fans probably felt after our malmo capitulation. don't think it had anything to do with Pat directly

Again, I'm in a minority who want to give Fenlon more time. The malmo result never changed this neither did yesterday

see above but if Pat was to leave we'd have to spend on the manager. we got lucky in a sense with mowbray, i think the board were hoping to get lucky again with Mixu, Hughes & Calderwood. Didn't happen. Sticking with Pat for the meantime but the usual names touted on .net since yesterday have in terms been laughable.. i.e Jimmy Calderwood

Pray4Marc
05-08-2013, 03:18 PM

Robertson and Thomson looked very effective, I think if we had 2 up front instead of Tudor Jones the complete passenger in midfield we would have won the game or at least scored.

The crows was poor for the 1st game of the season, but it was live on Sky so most walk ups will have watched in boozers or at home. Or the extremely tight ones streaming.

The Malmo game is history. Better team than ours, with more experience and Europe and a massive fitness advantage.

We played good football at times, 442 is a must next week against Hearts. It would be unforgivable to lose against the vastly overrated "Golden Generation" nothing but a victory next week.