PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Nicholl - caretaker manager?

Hibs07p
05-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Jimmy Nicholl should be given the role of caretaker manager, initially until 1.12.2013. We could look around for a new permanent manager during this period. If JN proves himself, over that period, it's his job, if he doesn't, he's out. No guarantees either way, but is this process too simple? The fans have got to start believing we're going in the right direction, and that isn't going to happen until PF is out the door.

GGTTH

Bill Milne
05-08-2013, 08:01 AM
Only as a temporary replacement. I would want to see a manager with more nous being appointed ie McCall or Butcher.

lucky
05-08-2013, 08:09 AM
No

Gustavo Fring
05-08-2013, 08:40 AM
what about mark mcghee

Hibs07p
05-08-2013, 02:56 PM
what about mark mcghee

I sort of dismissed him right away, but having a quick look at wiki, his early career was quite decent. The latter part of his managerial career has been a bit of a disaster though, so he would be a no from me. Anyway, this thread is about, getting shot of PF, ASAP, with a ready placed caretaker, Jimmy Nicholl. Some might not like the idea, but for me, it would be a no lose situation. He gets a decent chance to make the job his own, otherwise he gets replaced in December. Either way, we are going to lose financially by keeping PF, as the fans will desert in droves, and the players confidence will be hit. Time to change things now, give the fans a boost, get the impetus going again, before they are lost.

GGTTH

Squealing pig
05-08-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes til we got kenny shiels

jakeshibs
05-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Yes til we got kenny shiels

we humped his team last season, why would we want to take another step back???????? he is worse, lets give more than one game before we all have knee jerk reactions stand firm until at least the hearts are destroyed!!!!

Hibs07p
11-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Whats the thoughts now?

GGTTH

The poll is now closed though.