PDA

View Full Version : Katie

snooky
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Okay, I've had a chip on my shoulder since his "M8" quote.
After his performance today, I think it's time I buried the hatchet.
Welcome back Katie.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 09:26 PM
Welcome back Katie.

Good man :aok:

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
I was one of the biggest opponents to the idea of him returning last season as I really resented him for the way that he acted when he left us.

However, despite today's result, I thought Thomson played really well and was the best player on the park.

If today is a sign of things to come from him then I'll be glad to see him back in a Hibs shirt.

DaveF
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
He was brilliant today. One the few who looked like he cared.

hibeedonald
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Most encouraging thing is that he's continually improving, give him another 6 months and he could easily be as good as he was when he left. PLEASE DON'T GET INJURED.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 09:37 PM
About time some others did as well

KT for captain :flag:

Hibercelona
04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
For me, he summarizes the difference in class that we once had through out the team compared to now.

He's head and shoulders above everyone else.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
Welcome back Katie.

Now you're in a forgiving mood :greengrin any chance you might influence the tw4ts along from me in S43 who called Mullen a Hearts b45tard today? Laddie's a Hibs player FFS :agree:

reidy
04-08-2013, 09:40 PM
He was great at getting forward today as well as winning the ball back.

jeffers
04-08-2013, 09:40 PM
I know he's had his injury problems but you wonder when we only give a year's contract to him and yet we give 2 to a 33 year old.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I know he's had his injury problems but you wonder when we only give a year's contract to him and yet we give 2 to a 33 year old.

Maybe Thomson only wanted a 1 year deal. :dunno:

Hibercelona
04-08-2013, 09:42 PM

You'd kick yourself if you knew how much we were paying him compared to what Killie were paying him!

mca
04-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Had to Endure Listening to the Game on the old wireless Radio... But - even the BBC cants were Saying that he should never have been sub`d..

No seen highlights or that so il reserve judgment.. but even the rangers jambos on the radio were saying it was the wrong sub at the wrong time.. :confused:

jeffers
04-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Maybe Thomson only wanted a 1 year deal. :dunno:
I heard he wanted 2.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 09:45 PM
Had to Endure Listening to the Game on the old wireless Radio... But - even the BBC cants were Saying that he should never have been sub`d..

No seen highlights or that so il reserve judgment.. but even the rangers jambos on the radio were saying it was the wrong sub at the wrong time.. :confused:

Fenlon said in his post match interview that he was taken off because he was beginning to tire.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 09:46 PM
I heard he wanted 2.

No idea but if that's true then it makes no sense from a Hibs point of view.

jeffers
04-08-2013, 09:49 PM
No idea but if that's true then it makes no sense from a Hibs point of view.
Like I said FH, could be they didn't want to take a risk on player with his injury record, especially when they've already got McPake and Clancy out so often. When you see him perform like he did today tho' you wish he'd been signed for longer.

hibsbollah
04-08-2013, 09:50 PM
I totally objected to his return, and was firmly in the minority on here.

But today was an outstanding performance. Pretty much faultless. Theres not many midfield performances I can think of in recent years that were better. Up there with Claros' best games. Scott Brown at the end. Zemmama coming on when we were 0-2 down and orchestrating a 4-2 win. Against Gretna maybe.

mca
04-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Fenlon said in his post match interview that he was taken off because he was beginning to tire.

I only heard bits on the Radio.. but they said just before he was sub, that he was putting in a shift and had worked well..

and its not like them to praise Hibs players !! so - were they taking the pish or no ?? cany trust the BBC and their unbiased reporting these days :greengrin

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 09:54 PM
You'd kick yourself if you knew how much we were paying him compared to what Killie were paying him!

Can you elaborate?

jon paul jones
04-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Thomo was awesome today. He was stealing balls from Well midfielders all day by coming round the blind side and put in a big shift. Midfield still isn't firing for me but if we can get 60-75 mins from KT at that tempo then we have something to work towards

Elephant Stone
04-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I only heard bits on the Radio.. but they said just before he was sub, that he was putting in a shift and had worked well..

and its not like them to praise Hibs players !! so - were they taking the pish or no ?? cany trust the BBC and their unbiased reporting these days :greengrin

He was great today, pre season must have done him a lot of good. More of the same please!

hibee_girl
04-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I wasn't his biggest fan, I'm still not tbh, but he ran the show today. Someone of his talent should be though :greengrin

I was actually surprised he wasn't taken off earlier due to his yellow card, he does have a bit of a temper on him

monktonharp
04-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I totally objected to his return, and was firmly in the minority on here.

But today was an outstanding performance. Pretty much faultless. Theres not many midfield performances I can think of in recent years that were better. Up there with Claros' best games. Scott Brown at the end. Zemmama coming on when we were 0-2 down and orchestrating a 4-2 win. Against Gretna maybe. like you, I was not a happy chappy re-his return. today he was immense. puzzled as to why he was subbed

Onceinawhile
04-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Definitely our best player today. It's a real reflection of our performance though that we were relyin on a Kevin Thomson 30 yarder to try and score!

brydekirk
04-08-2013, 09:59 PM

Totally agree, KT was Mom today.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I wasn't his biggest fan, I'm still not tbh, but he ran the show today. Someone of his talent should be though :greengrin

I was actually surprised he wasn't taken off earlier due to his yellow card, he does have a bit of a temper on him

does he really :rolleyes: can you elaborate on this statement. Lasley got him booked for nothing yet Thomson never shirked a thing. A top class player

Shrekko
04-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Welcome back Katie.
The quote he didn't actually make?

Might be a good time to stop referring to him as 'Katie' as well?

A lot of people were too quick to write him off after 6/7 games last season and the idea that he'd benefit from the fabled "full pre-season" was mocked by quite a few on here. Let's face it, when he's fit, he's just an exceptional player. Of course he's probably only been fit for 2 seasons with us and maybe 2 seasons with Rangers in his whole career- that is the only worry.

When he's able to play to the best of his ability he'll be able to drive others on around him and demand that they work with him. We didn't have anybody like that last season.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 10:02 PM
[/B]does he really :rolleyes: can you elaborate on this statement. Lasley got him booked for nothing yet Thomson never shirked a thing. A top class player

Reaction to the booking, arguing back, thumping the ground with his fist in frustration. He's got a temper alright but it's controlled so not a problem :wink:

snooky
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Totally agree, KT was Mom today.

Why bring up KT's Mom now?
FFS, I've just finished burying the axe. :wink:
:greengrin

Der Panzer
Classy. Underappreciated and miles ahead of anyone else mentally. Sadly, many on here would pick taiwo ahead of him...

Jonnyboy
The quote he didn't actually make?

Might be a good time to stop referring to him as 'Katie' as well?

A lot of people were too quick to write him off after 6/7 games last season and the idea that he'd benefit from the fabled "full pre-season" was mocked by quite a few on here. Let's face it, when he's fit, he's just an exceptional player. Of course he's probably only been fit for 2 seasons with us and maybe 2 seasons with Rangers in his whole career- that is the only worry.

When he's able to play to the best of his ability he'll be able to drive others on around him and demand that they work with him. We didn't have anybody like that last season.

:agree:

I said to my nephew today that all Kev lacks is pace but I guess if he had that he'd be playing elsewhere!

hibee_girl
[/B]does he really :rolleyes: can you elaborate on this statement. Lasley got him booked for nothing yet Thomson never shirked a thing. A top class player

I'm not talking about just today, he often talks himself into a booking and looks to take a tantrum. He didn't today but he has before hence why I was surprised he was left on so late on a yellow.

Yes, I agree, he is a top class player.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Classy. Underappreciated and miles ahead of anyone else mentally. Sadly, many on here would pick taiwo ahead of him...

I doubt that seriously. They might pick Taiwo ahead of Jones though :wink:

hibee_girl
04-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Reaction to the booking, arguing back, thumping the ground with his fist in frustration. He's got a temper alright but it's controlled so not a problem :wink:

Exactly :greengrin

I also love how we still call him Katie, only now it's with affection :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 10:05 PM

lasley never got him booked at all.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 10:05 PM

thats passion not a tempor. he was right to vent his frustration for the booking. Lasley was in his pocket up until that point, cheating little gimp

GreenArmyyy!
04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Absolutely brilliant performance today, the rest of the midfield were very poor.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
lasley never got him booked at all.

he faked injury

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
thats passion not a tempor. he was right to vent his frustration for the booking. Lasley was in his pocket up until that point, cheating little gimp

Oh well, no point in continuing the debate when you've made your mind up :wink:

The booking today was warranted. Kevin was reckless and slightly late.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
he faked injury

nonsense.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
nonsense.

HibeeEmma
04-08-2013, 10:10 PM

He was superb today, MOTM by a mile, despite his pace being slightly slow (IMO). However he did crash at a point and subbing him was the only option.

hibees 7062
04-08-2013, 10:13 PM
He was superb today, MOTM by a mile, despite his pace being slightly slow (IMO). However he did crash at a point and subbing him was the only option.

:agree: Felt sorry for him today

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 10:39 PM
Oh well, no point in continuing the debate when you've made your mind up :wink:

The booking today was warranted. Kevin was reckless and slightly late.

I've not had the benefit of seeing any replays of the incident on TV but at the time I felt it was a great tackle and couldn't believe that he was booked.

That doesn't mean to say that I agree that Lasley faked being injured though as it is obviously possible to be injured from a tackle that is not a foul.

Perhaps the replays paint a different picture though.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 10:41 PM
I've not had the benefit of seeing any replays of the incident on TV but at the time I felt it was a great tackle and couldn't believe that he was booked.

That doesn't mean to say that I agree that Lasley faked being injured though as it is obviously possible to be injured from a tackle that is not a foul.

Wait until you see it on the telly, the ref who was not the greatest got this decision spot on.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 10:42 PM

That doesn't mean to say that I agree that Lasley faked being injured though as it is possible to be injured from a tackle that is not a foul.

Thomson blocked the ball, lasley rode the challenge, their legs met with no more than a rub of socks. In my book he cheated. The close in replay showed this.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Thomson blocked the ball, lasley rode the challenge, their legs met with no more than a rub of socks. In my book he cheated. The close in replay showed this.

:faf:

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Wait until you see it on the telly, the ref who was not the greatest got this decision spot on.

:faf::faf:

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 10:46 PM
:faf::faf:

A reckless challenge, and was not in control. A booking every day of the week.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 10:48 PM

Just seen it on Sky.

From seeing the replay, I can understand why the referee decided to book him although he did get a touch on the ball before any contact was made with Lasley.

If roles were reversed though, I would want the player booked.

jakeshibs
04-08-2013, 10:49 PM
great performance from KT lets hope he does that next week and runs the show against them, he is quality and showed that today and he showed to us all he has the desire and has benefited from pre season.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 10:51 PM

Even the gimp McCann commentating said he got the ball.

I'll agree to disagree. It's a contact sport.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Just seen it on Sky.

From seeing the replay, I can understand why the referee decided to book him although he did get a touch on the ball before any contact was made with Lasley.

If roles were reversed though, I would want the player booked.

:agree: Making contact with the ball is irrelevant, if you go in reckless.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 10:59 PM
:agree: Making contact with the ball is irrelevant, if you go in reckless.

Was Lasley hurt .... NAW. but he made out the was by holding his leg and faking injury. The boys KOK and his actions got KT booked. The Motherwell centre back committed a worse challenge on Craig not long after but he got up instead of rolling around. Nae card came out but i'm sure it would have had he feigned injury.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Was Lasley hurt .... NAW. but he made out the was by holding his leg and faking injury. The boys KOK and his actions got KT booked. The Motherwell centre back committed a worse challenge on Craig not long after but he got up instead of rolling around. Nae card came out but i'm sure it would have had he feigned injury.

As much as i'd like to say yes he was hurt, i can't as i'm not him? Your 2nd point has nothing to do with this incident whatsoever?

I'm wasting my time here, you go around with your eyes closed.

Der Panzer
04-08-2013, 11:02 PM
I doubt that seriously. They might pick Taiwo ahead of Jones though :wink:

I don't. Many don't see how good he is. Apparently we had enough central midfielders when he signed. Taiwo vs Jones is a fair point but I'd probably side with Fenlon today. Jones has achieved more than Taiwo to date but glad to have both on the books.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 11:02 PM
As much as i'd like to say yes he was hurt, i can't as i'm not him? Your 2nd point has nothing to do with this incident whatsoever?

I'm wasting my time here, you go around with your eyes closed.

Thanks for wasting mine :aok:

Emerald
04-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Pure class today, best game since he came back, brilliant. :thumbsup:

jacomo
04-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Exactly :greengrin

I also love how we still call him Katie, only now it's with affection :greengrin

Will be fascinating to see if Katie's got the desire to drag this team into shape. I never doubted the ability.

If he does, he'll get my support and that of every other Hibee I'd think. He's made some money, now lets see him really play for the shirt like he said he wanted to years ago.

thebakerboy
04-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Have thought for some time that he has stopped tackling as hard but he was back near his best today. He got a nasty kick on the knee shortly before he was subbed and with his injury history I can understand why.

edinburghhibee
04-08-2013, 11:36 PM
KT should have been MOTM today he was brilliant, I also thought Collins made a good start and neilson played well too

Shrekko
04-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Bet you're glad to find something negative to find about his performance eh BH? What with you writing him off as a player on the basis of a few appearances last season. Whatever you do- make sure and not comment on his overall contribution.

coco22
04-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Thinking that we could start calling all our players female nicknames until they start doing the business on the park:

katie, Joan and Leslie already sorted...

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Bet you're glad to find something negative to find about his performance eh BH? What with you writing him off as a player on the basis of a few appearances last season. Whatever you do- make sure and not comment on his overall contribution.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?268915-Fenlon-has-to-go&p=3703190&highlight=#post3703190

You were saying?

HHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOO

Unseen work
04-08-2013, 11:52 PM
Thomson has been and always will be a class act. He reads the game superbly making him win alot of challenges. Like for example in the first half he read the well keeper was going to throw the ball to the right back so by the time he received the ball he was already there and won it with a slide tackle. It's little things like this that shows he's streets ahead ability wise and footballing brain.

He makes very difficult things look effortless such as his first touch opening up the game instead of keeping it in a congested area or how he creates space for himself to get on the ball. These things are overlooked alot with central midfielders they should always want the ball and go about demanding it. Thomson would never stop asking or go hiding, He's purely a winner IMO.

Delighted we have him at hibs.

Purehibee_MYB
05-08-2013, 12:53 AM
KT should have been MOTM today he was brilliant, I also thought Collins made a good start and neilson played well too

Didn't know we had signed that Hertz :greengrin

Jonnyboy
05-08-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't. Many don't see how good he is. Apparently we had enough central midfielders when he signed. Taiwo vs Jones is a fair point but I'd probably side with Fenlon today. Jones has achieved more than Taiwo to date but glad to have both on the books.

That's just nonsense. Jones has been very poor so far, has little mobility and the ability to look like Tony Higgins when he jumps for the ball (aulder gadgies ken whit's gaun on).

Taiwo is a dynamo, gets around the pitch really well and is strong in the tackle

All IMO of course :wink:

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 09:11 PM

Your silence is deafening. :faf:

Hibbyradge
05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
I was one of the biggest opponents to the idea of him returning last season as I really resented him for the way that he acted when he left us.

However, despite today's result, I thought Thomson played really well and was the best player on the park.

If today is a sign of things to come from him then I'll be glad to see him back in a Hibs shirt.

Excellent.
You opposed his return because of the way he treated us, but now you've seen he can play, all is forgiven.

#loveprinciples

Hainan Hibs
05-08-2013, 09:22 PM
Thomshun and class in the same sentence :faf:

How far the club has fallen when the likes of Katie are considered captain material.

The guy doesnt deserve to be wearing the green never mind the armband.

"Rangers are the best club in the world","I'd walk over broken glass". I was happy to see Celtic gub us in the final, at least that prick never got to lift the cup in the green.

If the club was at all serious about a culture change they would have told Katie to do one quicker than you can say mummy's boy.

It is an absolute embarassment that Katie Thomshun is back at the club and an even bigger embarassment that the fans now consider Thomshun "one of our own".

J-C
05-08-2013, 09:35 PM

How far the club has fallen when the likes of Katie are considered captain material.

"Rangers are the best club in the world","I'd walk over broken glass". I was happy to see Celtic gub us in the final, at least that prick never got to lift the cup in the green.

If the club was at all serious about a culture change they would have told Katie to do one quicker than you can say mummy's boy.

It is an absolute embarassment that Katie Thomshun is back at the club and an even bigger embarassment that the fans now consider Thomshun "one of our own".

What did he do, **** yer missus, get a grip of yerself man :confused::confused:

Sir David Gray
05-08-2013, 09:50 PM
Excellent.
You opposed his return because of the way he treated us, but now you've seen he can play, all is forgiven.

#loveprinciples

I never said that all was forgiven. I still harbour a few hard feelings towards him and I am still angry at the way he treated the club back then. For the captain of this football club to act the way that he did was out of order.

However we're sorely lacking in the quality footballers' department these days and I don't think we're in any position to turn away good players.

Playing like he did yesterday, Kevin Thomson will be an asset for us this year so I'm happy to see him playing for us.

Scottie
05-08-2013, 09:51 PM

:faf: As long as he give's 100% in a Hibs jersey that'll do me.

NO extra's required

Mr White
05-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Thomshun.
I was happy to see Celtic gub us in the final, at least that prick never got to lift the cup in the green.

:tub4:

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 10:32 PM

:tee hee:
:thumbsup:

Hibbyradge
05-08-2013, 10:45 PM

It was a reckless challenge.

There doesn't have to be contact to make a challenge reckless.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2013, 10:45 PM

Exactly.

Folk should learn the rules.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2013, 10:49 PM
I was happy to see Celtic gub us in the final

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 10:53 PM
deleted..... The only reckless challenges i seen at the weekend where at Firhill.

When you have folk who have no idea of the rules, this is the kind of post you will get.

The_Horde
05-08-2013, 10:55 PM

Must have been this guy who started off the "celebrations" in defeat at the end of the match.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2013, 10:56 PM
I never said that all was forgiven. I still harbour a few hard feelings towards him and I am still angry at the way he treated the club back then. For the captain of this football club to act the way that he did was out of order.

However we're sorely lacking in the quality footballers' department these days and I don't think we're in any position to turn away good players.

Playing like he did yesterday, Kevin Thomson will be an asset for us this year so I'm happy to see him playing for us.

I'm delighted he's playing for us.

I was delighted when he signed for nothing and delighted when he signed on for this season too.

You didn't want him to sign because of your "principles", regardless of his ability - he should never be allowed near a Hibs shirt again - and you didn't want him this season either, but you're happy now cos he's showed himself to be good.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2013, 10:57 PM
deleted.... The only reckless challenges i seen at the weekend where at Firhill.

He plays football.

OrdHibby
05-08-2013, 10:59 PM
When you have folk who have no idea of the rules, this is the kind of post you will get.

:yawn2:

Sir David Gray
05-08-2013, 11:11 PM
I'm delighted he's playing for us.

I was delighted when he signed for nothing and delighted when he signed on for this season too.

You didn't want him to sign because of your "principles", regardless of his ability - he should never be allowed near a Hibs shirt again - and you didn't want him this season either, but you're happy now cos he's showed himself to be good.

I don't see what is funny.

I made my feelings known with regards to Thomson at the time of his departure in 2007, at various points since then whenever a thread about him has come up and also last season when the possibility of him returning first got discussed.

I stand by all of that and if the decision had been mine, I wouldn't have signed him. He'll never be my favourite person in the world and there's a part of me that will never fully embrace the fact that he's back.

However the fact is that he is back now and he's not going anywhere for at least the next 9 months and I'm willing to accept that he is an asset to this current Hibs side and he could be a big player for us this year.

What's the alternative?

Scream and shout at him during games or refuse to go?

I don't see how that would help anyone.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2013, 11:19 PM
I'm a football fan and i'm fickle.

I hated him when he went to Rangers and said (or didn't say) all the naughty things.

Now he's back at Hibs, looking commited and looks to be getting back to form I like him again. Simple really.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2013, 11:20 PM
I don't see what is funny.

I made my feelings known with regards to Thomson at the time of his departure in 2007, at various points since then whenever a thread about him has come up and also last season when the possibility of him returning first got discussed.

I stand by all of that and if the decision had been mine, I wouldn't have signed him. He'll never be my favourite person in the world and there's a part of me that will never fully embrace the fact that he's back.

However the fact is that he is back now and he's not going anywhere for at least the next 9 months and I'm willing to accept that he is an asset to this current Hibs side and he could be a big player for us this year.

What's the alternative?

Scream and shout at him during games or refuse to go?

I don't see how that would help anyone.

"I was one of the biggest opponents to the idea of him returning last season as I really resented him for the way that he acted when he left us."

Now you see him as an asset.

But you couldn't you see that when you were being all hurt, offended and principled.

I just find it funny.

Hibbyradge
05-08-2013, 11:23 PM

I hated him when he went to Rangers and said (or didn't say) all the naughty things.

Now he's back at Hibs, looking commited and looks to be getting back to form I like him again. Simple really.

I didn't like what was going on in the press when he left, but I was happy to believe him when he denied saying certain things.

I wanted him back as soon as there was a chance of it happening.

Class act.

Shrekko
05-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Your silence is deafening. :faf:

Jeez- gimme a break, I didn't even notice the post.

Ok so you said that on another thread- fair enough. You've said several times that he was more or less done- the main point I'm making is that it was WAY too early for anyone to say that and if he stays fit and playing as well as he did on Saturday then you were quite simply wrong.

McHibby
06-08-2013, 12:10 AM
"I was happy to see Celtic gub us in the final, at least that prick never got to lift the cup in the green."

Wow.

Der Panzer
06-08-2013, 05:26 AM
That's just nonsense. Jones has been very poor so far, has little mobility and the ability to look like Tony Higgins when he jumps for the ball (aulder gadgies ken whit's gaun on).

Taiwo is a dynamo, gets around the pitch really well and is strong in the tackle

Not nonsense, just another opinion. Jones played well for a team that finished above us in the league last year while Taiwo was in and out of our side until the later part of the season when he finally cemented his place. Jones was anonymous on Saturday but it's far too early to write him off.

IWasThere2016
06-08-2013, 05:56 AM

I've always thought you were simple :wink: :greengrin

Said it before and I'll repeat - KT will be a stand-out for us this season. He is a class player.

Allant1981
06-08-2013, 07:33 AM
Really dont care what he said in the pastt, when the guy is fit he is one of if not the best CM in scotland so it can only benefit us

Beefster
06-08-2013, 07:40 AM

You hate Thomson more than you love Hibs, it would appear.

SMAXXA
06-08-2013, 07:46 AM

Biggest load of pish I've read in a while, get a grip. I'm sure if he won us the final all would be forgiven in your eyes. Move one ffs most other fans have and see him for the player he is and who we are fortunate to have.

IWasThere2016
06-08-2013, 08:07 AM

Biggest load of pish I've read in a while, get a grip. I'm sure if he won us the final all would be forgiven in your eyes. Move one ffs most other fans have and see him for the player he is and who we are fortunate to have.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Jeez- gimme a break, I didn't even notice the post.

Ok so you said that on another thread- fair enough. You've said several times that he was more or less done- the main point I'm making is that it was WAY too early for anyone to say that and if he stays fit and playing as well as he did on Saturday then you were quite simply wrong.

I accept your apology. :faf:

Shrekko
06-08-2013, 10:04 AM
I accept your apology. :faf:

OK- I accept the fact that you're very selective about which bits you respond to :wink:

So Thomson- still reckon he's pretty much finished?

spike220
06-08-2013, 11:20 AM
I thought KT got the better of McFadden all game on Saturday.

Jonnyboy
06-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Not nonsense, just another opinion. Jones played well for a team that finished above us in the league last year while Taiwo was in and out of our side until the later part of the season when he finally cemented his place. Jones was anonymous on Saturday but it's far too early to write him off.

I stand corrected. I assumed you were talking about their performances for Hibs.

As for Jones, I hope you are right :agree:

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2013, 02:37 PM
OK- I accept the fact that you're very selective about which bits you respond to :wink:

So Thomson- still reckon he's pretty much finished?

I think he was superb on Sunday, i will revue my thoughts over more than one game. I think he was a waste of a wage last season, but if he can keep that kind of performance up, of course i would have to change my opinion.

OrdHibby
06-08-2013, 02:48 PM

and
Sunday :wink:

Iceman1875
06-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I think he was superb on Sunday, i will revue my thoughts over more than one game. I think he was a waste of a wage last season, but if he can keep that kind of performance up, of course i would have to change my opinion.

But he wasn't being paid last season?

Kev is the best player is out squad IMO and I personally believe he should be made club captain.

khib70
06-08-2013, 03:04 PM

The only embarassment is people like you posting Tom Kite like this

:giruy::giruy::giruy::giruy:

khib70
06-08-2013, 03:06 PM

:top marks

As a fully fledged aulder gadgie, I knew he reminded me of someone......

spike220
06-08-2013, 08:46 PM
and
Sunday :wink: yeah all week long..........:greengrin

SquashedFrogg
06-08-2013, 08:55 PM

Agree. Thought McFadden was possibly one of their poorer performers on Sunday. KT looked a class above him.

RoslinInstHibby
06-08-2013, 09:06 PM

Agreed.....sad really

Russian Hibs Fan
06-08-2013, 09:41 PM
Firstly we should remember how he has gone from the Sunny Leith. I remember this clearly because at those days I was in Edinburgh.
Secondly even if he is the best player now he is now here near his form in 2006. Then he was very very good.
All this returnings, incliding Riordan and O`Connor are the steps back. We need to move forward! IMO.

Jonnyboy
06-08-2013, 09:48 PM
:top marks

As a fully fledged aulder gadgie, I knew he reminded me of someone......

:greengrin

Tollhouse Hibee
07-08-2013, 02:37 AM
I just cant believe anyone that would rather have Taiwo in their team than KT. At least KT tries to go forward and breaks up the game brilliantly at times.

I just cant agree with the love in some folks have with Taiwo, for me, he did 0 when he came on on sunday, and cant do anything but the odd tackle and a square ball thru the midfield.

that is one of the biggest problems we have, the ball comes to midfield, and they all want to take a touch, stop, look round, and inevitably either play it square, backwards or a big hoof.

joe breezy
07-08-2013, 05:21 AM
As for comments players make when they go to the Old Firm I imagine the 'journalists' at the Record go 'just how big a club are Rangers?' 'just how big a move is this for you?' etc etc just to get the whole 'aren't Rangers and Celtic the best clubs in the world bull**** they come out with all the time.

These questions will be asked to the player incessantly until there is some quote that can be squeezed into a suitable headline to keep the Old Firm fans and the editor happy.

To hate a player because of what he is quoted as saying to the Daily Record is fairly myopic.

Aldo
07-08-2013, 06:48 AM
I just cant believe anyone that would rather have Taiwo in their team than KT. At least KT tries to go forward and breaks up the game brilliantly at times.

I just cant agree with the love in some folks have with Taiwo, for me, he did 0 when he came on on sunday, and cant do anything but the odd tackle and a square ball thru the midfield.

that is one of the biggest problems we have, the ball comes to midfield, and they all want to take a touch, stop, look round, and inevitably either play it square, backwards or a big hoof.

I don't know how long you've watched football but TT is an excellent player and does lots of 'Unseen' work. He harries, tackles and get stuck in, not giving the opposition a minutes peace.

He wins the ball and passes it to KT who then plays the ball forward.

If it hadn't been for LG or Jorge last season I would say he was prob POTY.

FWIW how many goals did Jorge or KT get 0.

TT got on the scoresheet.

I wouldn't drop KT for him but would drop OTJ.

He was probably or best player at the CF in May.

Teams need different types of players but to suggest TT doesn't do a lot is way off the mark.

My opinion mind

Hibbyradge
07-08-2013, 07:47 AM

But he wasn't being paid last season?

blackpoolhibs
07-08-2013, 08:27 AM

Aye very funny. :greengrin Although if anyone actually believes he was getting nothing, they are more naive than Mr Nieve from naive street Naivesville.

Ok, replace wage to Jersey. :na na:

lyonhibs
07-08-2013, 08:27 AM

Spill the beans if you're ITK.................

matty_f
07-08-2013, 09:48 AM

Same here. Football fans aren't real fans unless they're fickle! :greengrin

KT is a good footballer. I'm delighted he's at Hibs.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-08-2013, 09:59 AM

He's not in the know. About anything really.

Jonnyboy
07-08-2013, 09:19 PM

It was another of his infamous throw away statements*

* throw away statements is code for 'I don't really know anything but I like to make out that I do by making ridiculous, unsubstantiated claims