PDA

View Full Version : On A Brighter Note ............ Collins

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Thought he showed enough for us be optimistic. The ball stuck when punted up to him, plenty movement and with a playing partner he could be a real handful.

Thanks Pat for the leaving present :thumbsup:

p.s debut goal/goals next week please

Glory Lurker
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Yep - looking very hopeful. Also enjoyed him blowing a gasket one time in the second half when he was left all alone up front by the midfield (no doubt only following orders, in their defence). Someone's got to try to get them upfield, and if it has to be one of the players, then so be it.

lugz
He did play well and with vine to come back along with Forster and McGivern we are starting to look like we have a good squad which could do well with the right tactics.

Am I being too positive?

Emerald
Poor guy tho, given no chance with the tactics.

eastterrace
Thought he showed enough for us be optimistic. The ball stuck when punted up to him, plenty movement and with a playing partner he could be a real handful.

Thanks Pat for the leaving present :thumbsup:

yes he looks the real deal ( were have i heard these words before) anyway i think if he can get someone making the chances then he will score goals for us, just a pity that fenlon wont be around to see it.:flag:

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 09:12 PM
yes he looks the real deal ( were have i heard these words before) anyway i think if he can get someone making the chances then he will score goals for us, just a pity that fenlon wont be around to see it.:flag:

Obviously not on here as i wasn't a member but i said the same about Vas Te after his debt and Claros. Trust me :wink:

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
he will never score goals in a fenlon team all alone up front

fenlon got away with it last season because griffiths could create and score his own chances

collins will need decent service from the midfield which on todays evidence aint going to happen the way fenlon sets up

Dunderhall
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
Just need the system/tactics/support players to suit him and I think we have a player.
Until that happens we'll struggle but not his fault.

GreenArmyyy!
04-08-2013, 10:03 PM
Am I right in thinking Collins is on a three year contract?

brydekirk
04-08-2013, 10:25 PM
Today was bad.
Bad because we never got result we deserved, up till 75 mins.
The Ref didn't help either.
But at the end off the day, Fenlon is too negative .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Am I right in thinking Collins is on a three year contract?

Absolutely 100% correct :agree:

lucky
04-08-2013, 10:28 PM
He played well, but not a lone striker. But as everyone is saying the tactics made it hard for him.

Onceinawhile
04-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Boy had no chance whatsoever. If we can get someone up with him I'm confident he will be involved with a lot of goals. He would be perfect foil for sparky. Shame it won't happen though.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Get a man within 40 yards of him and he'll be a player.

Eyrie
05-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Showed promise yesterday, but was badly isolated throughout the game. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with Vine/Caldwell/Handling alongside him.

Speedway
05-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Showed promise yesterday, but was badly isolated throughout the game. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with Vine/Caldwell/Handling alongside him.

There's no danger Pat will play 4 up front.

HibsClass1875
05-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Vine will change Collins' game, their styles of play will work well together

California-Hibs
05-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Was very impressed by Collins, this guy will be a great signing for us and will score goals. I really rate Vine and think they could form a great partnership.

Eyrie
05-08-2013, 09:45 AM
There's no danger Pat will play 4 up front.

Is it too late to edit that to read "... one of ..."?

Squealing pig
05-08-2013, 10:00 AM
Looks like, with service will score goals for fun in premiership. Starting next week hopefully with a strike partner.

gav71
05-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Boy had no chance whatsoever. If we can get someone up with him I'm confident he will be involved with a lot of goals. He would be perfect foil for sparky. Shame it won't happen though.

If your that confident it won't happen mate dinny put a bet on Leigh Griffith being a Hibs player on a pre contract come the new year HTID GGTTH

Keith_M
05-08-2013, 02:20 PM
He did play well and with vine to come back along with Forster and McGivern we are starting to look like we have a good squad which could do well with the right tactics.

Am I being too positive?

I don't think you are. There is the makings of a half decent team in there, if they're set up the right way.