PDA

View Full Version : Can Rod Petrie be bought out.?

silverhibee
04-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Think it is well known that Rod Petrie owns a 10% share in the club, is it possible for the fans to buy his 10% share in the club, 1000 fans donating £1000 each would bring in £1m, is this enough to get his 10%.

But is it as easy as that, possible downside may be that STF would not want this to happen as he has made it clear that he wants RP running the club, could STF part company with Hibs if this was ever to happen.

I do believe time is up for RP at Hibernian FC along with Pat Fenlon, we need a motivator to come in and take charge of the running of the club.

I will probably get ripped for this post but change is needed at the club and it seems the only way to do it is to get that 10% share of Mr Petrie's.

Would he sell. ?

Devilstorment
04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I guess they arent linked. Just by owning 10% doesnt mean he is in the job till he sells.

I have shares in my employer but if i dont deliver i will be emptied all the same.

bobbyhibs1983
04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Think it is well known that Rod Petrie owns a 10% share in the club, is it possible for the fans to buy his 10% share in the club, 1000 fans donating £1000 each would bring in £1m, is this enough to get his 10%.

But is it as easy as that, possible downside may be that STF would not want this to happen as he has made it clear that he wants RP running the club, could STF part company with Hibs if this was ever to happen.

I do believe time is up for RP at Hibernian FC along with Pat Fenlon, we need a motivator to come in and take charge of the running of the club.

I will probably get ripped for this post but change is needed at the club and it seems the only way to do it is to get that 10% share of Mr Petrie's.

Would he sell. ?

Im not 100% sure how these things would work but as far as i know , its upto rod petrie if he wanted to sell his 10%(its the first time i ve heard this but i ll take your word for it)
For all we know tom farmer could have a contract,deal with petrie (just an example here based on nothing but a theory) that IF petrie wanted to sell his 10% that farmer may get first digs so to speak.

On the other hand i could maybe(just maybe) rod petrie saying ok i ll sell my 10% for x amount(subject to my first point and whatever x amount would be)

Hibby Bairn
04-08-2013, 08:55 PM

Would he sell. ?

Do we know what the club is valued at? Has STF ever indicated what he would want to sell his shares?

These are probably more important questions if you want to have fans having an influence over the club. 51% is needed. Not 10%.

Be good to know what the number is to get STF to hand over ownership.

3pm
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
I'd play Rod at his own game.

£14 for his share and change the figure on the contract to £8 when he's not looking.

Onceinawhile
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
Stf and rp should be doing a phased sale of the club to the fans. 10% a year for 10 years, or even just for 5 so that the fans would have a majority shareholding (we could do 11%) one year.

I don't know how much Stf paid for Hibs(6 million or something?) But given that it was never for business purposes that would seem like a fair amount to pay back. 600,000 a year share scheme and he fans control the club in 5 years.

Simple (probably not!!)

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
id happily give all the money i have if it would guarentee petries departure from hibs

3pm
04-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Surely Suzy could just organise another collection?! :greengrin

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Where do I sign SH ?

Said it before, I'd happily invest way more than £1K - it needs what I believe Hearts called a 'movement' 😀

And I'd say we are more like an Aero bud - full of holes and always make you want more after you've finished it !

Agree wholeheartedly with your post bud - I've been a Rod backer until last season when I think his expiry date shone through.

hibee19
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
I would love to see this happen. Fans having too much control could go wrong but if the fans had a reasonable say in the running of the club and pumped a little extra cash into the club then it'd be worth

adhibs
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Understand where you're coming from with this, petrie just leads us from one disaster to the next.

Should do the right thing and leave before he harms us anymore

silverhibee
04-08-2013, 09:03 PM

Good shout 3.

Knows how to get folk to part with there money. :agree::greengrin

Scooter
04-08-2013, 09:05 PM
I hear what ur saying silver but it almost sounds like something THEY would say. But I know some people in the sport and I know a few who worked for Hibs. Believe me the problem lies at the top and it filters down into EVERY department. So many failures one constant Petrie! while he deserve great credit and praise for putting us on a sound footing financially. If any one of us has as many failure as him we would be out a job long ago.

Also you can own shares in a company and still get sacked

Mikey
04-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Does he actually own 10% of the club, or does he have the 10% in his name just to stop someone taking overall control? There's a big difference!

One of our resident accountants may be able to shed some light on that.

bobbyhibs1983
04-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Does he actually own 10% of the club, or does he have the 10% in his name just to stop someone taking overall control? There's a big difference!

One of our resident accountants may be able to shed some light on that.

AS somone im sure above have said 10% is pretty much nothing,If someone else had say 51% of the shares that person has control.I dunno but who owns/has the other 90% of hibs?

Part/Time Supporter
04-08-2013, 09:14 PM
~99% of Hibernian FC Ltd is owned by HFC Holdings Ltd. 90% of HFC Holdings is owned by Farmer through his companies, 10% is owned by Petrie.

I don't really see the point in a campaign to "buy Rod's shares". It would still be Farmer's decision to hire or fire Petrie even if he decided to sell his shareholding. You would need a wider campaign than that, as Farmer has repeatedly stated his commitment to Petrie. And in much worse situations than this (on field and financially).

silverhibee
04-08-2013, 09:17 PM
As i have said i don't no all the ins and outs of this and i am no expert in how this would come about, so just looking for folks thoughts on this discussion.

I would also donate.

silverhibee
04-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Where do I sign SH ?

Said it before, I'd happily invest way more than £1K - it needs what I believe Hearts called a 'movement'

And I'd say we are more like an Aero bud - full of holes and always make you want more after you've finished it !

Agree wholeheartedly with your post bud - I've been a Rod backer until last season when I think his expiry date shone through.

We would need to no if it is a starter in the first place TH, pretty sure there would be a few obstacles put in the way, does RP really own 10%? :confused:.

How would STF react to this.

And who would we replace Rod with.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 09:30 PM
If he sold his shares, I don't see why that would necessarily mean that he would no longer be the chairman.

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
this is a great idea , we want petrie out lets do something about it for real . i would sign up and pay my share to get shot of him

we are hibernian FC our fans have rallied round in the past when wallace mercer tried to destroy our club . lets do the same for petrie

Hibercelona
04-08-2013, 09:32 PM
There's only 1 way to out Rod Petrie and it sounds terrible. But fans would need to get to a point where a majority stop putting money into the club.

STF is a money man. Always has been, always will be. As long as the figures in the accounts show up healthy, he will stick with Petrie through thick and thin regardless of results on the pitch. (Results don't concern Farmer or Rod. As long as the balance sheets remain in good flow)

Hibby Bairn
04-08-2013, 09:32 PM
I actually think this could be a real possibility given where Hibs/RP/STF are at this juncture. And I would imagine STF would sell if he could recoup what he invested (I'm not sure what that figure is).

But it needs a proper discussion with him and a clearly defined and credible supporters trust (or similar) formed to look at doing this. Given he has invested (I think) several million then it would need same to acquire HFC Holdings. He would also only sell to a properly formed and credible group with skilled Board members as he still has Hibs best/long term interests at heart.

There are people on this board who could form a credible group. And people on this board who know key people who have been involved in successful and unsuccessful fans takeovers elsewhere in Scotland and the UK.

And it costs nothing to ask the initial question of STF/HFC Holdings.

hibee19
04-08-2013, 09:36 PM
Maybe someone going to the LWT meeting could raise this. I think we need to look at something like this before its too late.

cad
04-08-2013, 09:58 PM
There's only 1 way to out Rod Petrie and it sounds terrible. But fans would need to get to a point where a majority stop putting money into the club.

STF is a money man. Always has been, always will be. As long as the figures in the accounts show up healthy, he will stick with Petrie through thick and thin regardless of results on the pitch. (Results don't concern Farmer or Rod. As long as the balance sheets remain in good flow)

Looks like ones going to have to leave this mortal coil then,so its 10, 20 years of pash to come

Dunderhall
04-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Even if we bought Rod out, assuming he would sell, how would that give us the right to replace him. :confused:

Bishop Hibee
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Petrie should have stepped down after we lost to Hertz in the cup final. No sign of him going anytime soon sadly.

FranckSuzy
04-08-2013, 10:16 PM

Good shout 3.

Knows how to get folk to part with there money. :agree::greengrin

:aok: PayPal a/c is buythetacheoot@hotmail.co.uk :greengrin

hibees 7062
04-08-2013, 10:33 PM
:aok: PayPal a/c is buythetacheoot@hotmail.co.uk :greengrin

'I tried to make a donation but it says that a/c doesn't exist' :na na:

FranckSuzy
04-08-2013, 10:35 PM
'I tried to make a donation but it says that a/c doesn't exist' :na na:

:fenlon :tee hee:

hibees 7062
04-08-2013, 10:40 PM
:fenlon :tee hee:

Charming :greengrin

jacomo
04-08-2013, 10:41 PM
~99% of Hibernian FC Ltd is owned by HFC Holdings Ltd. 90% of HFC Holdings is owned by Farmer through his companies, 10% is owned by Petrie.

I don't really see the point in a campaign to "buy Rod's shares". It would still be Farmer's decision to hire or fire Petrie even if he decided to sell his shareholding. You would need a wider campaign than that, as Farmer has repeatedly stated his commitment to Petrie. And in much worse situations than this (on field and financially).

:agree:

Rod could still run Hibs the way he does now without any shareholding of his own. STF owns near 90% of the club, which makes any other shareholding pretty much irrelevant as far as running the company is concerned.

Gus Fring
04-08-2013, 10:44 PM
Can Sidney not just write a letter asking him?

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 10:54 PM
how many people want petrie out ??

more important - how many are prepared to do something about it ??

the hearts fans are getting alot of praise for their efforts to save their club , ok . but if theyd done something about romanov and further back robinson long ago would they be having to save their club at all ??

lets remove petrie NOW before we end up bankrupt like our neighbours

HibeeHendo
04-08-2013, 10:59 PM

the hearts fans are getting alot of praise for their efforts to save their club , ok . but if theyd done something about romanov and further back robinson long ago would they be having to save their club at all ??

:wtf:

Dunderhall
04-08-2013, 11:00 PM

Really, you think Petrie would lead us to bankruptcy. :greengrin
Nice try, he may have his faults but you need to try harder.

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 11:05 PM
i dont see why not

crowds are taking a nose dive

weve not taken a transfer fee in years - despite spending millions on a state of the art training facility

the club runs at a loss

the constant high profile humiliations will have a knock on effect on sponsorships

if you cant see that under petrie hibs are in terminal decline , then you are suffering from hearts syndrome (burying of ones head in some sand)

Hibbyradge
04-08-2013, 11:09 PM
STF is a money man. Always has been, always will be. As long as the figures in the accounts show up healthy, he will stick with Petrie through thick and thin regardless of results on the pitch.

With that statement, it's clear you know nothing about Tom Farmer.

Tom Farmer is all about loyalty. Not money, loyalty.

Whether it be his faith, his family or a football club he didn't even support.

He'll stick with Petrie, all right, but not because of money.

If you don't believe me and still think your theory is correct, ask yourself this, when was the last time the "accounts did show up healthy"?

Captain Trips
04-08-2013, 11:21 PM
If not possible to remove Rod then I think STF should change his role so he 100% has anything more to do with anything other than money appoint somebody to run the football side who goes to Petrie to discuss fees or wages but Petrie has no say at all in team matters or appointing managers.

I would approach the following person to run the selection of managers and to be involved in negotiating wages with managers targets in possible DOF role: Pat Nevin.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 11:24 PM
If not possible to remove Rod then I think STF should change his role so he 100% has anything more to do with anything other than money appoint somebody to run the football side who goes to Petrie to discuss fees or wages but Petrie has no say at all in team matters or appointing managers.

I would approach the following person to run the selection of managers and to be involved in negotiating wages with managers targets in possible DOF role: Pat Nevin.

Easy now Carlsberg, Hibs don't sign wingers - even if they've not played for years 😀

littleplum
05-08-2013, 03:24 AM
weve not taken a transfer fee in years - despite spending millions on a state of the art training facility

Osbourne last year. Bamba the year before. Stokes and Zemmama the year before that. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though :wink:

The Falcon
05-08-2013, 05:56 AM

If you don't believe me and still think your theory is correct, ask yourself this, when was the last time the "accounts did show up healthy"?

100% :agree:

southsider
05-08-2013, 07:05 AM
I own 900 shares purchased under Duff/Gray and STF gifted them back when he took over. Of all the shares purchased by the fans at that time amount to about 2% of the current company.

Gustavo Fring
05-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Osbourne last year. Bamba the year before. Stokes and Zemmama the year before that. Don't let facts get in the way of a good rant though :wink:

most or all of the above players cost money to bring to hibs and they all left for next to nothing 2 years or more ago . dont get in the way of a good rant with insignifigant facts

im talking when did we last receive a big 7 figure transfer fee for a player brought through the youth set up ?

long long time ago and it will be a long long time in the future before it happens again

littleplum
05-08-2013, 07:43 AM
most or all of the above players cost money to bring to hibs and they all left for next to nothing 2 years or more ago . dont get in the way of a good rant with insignifigant facts

im talking when did we last receive a big 7 figure transfer fee for a player brought through the youth set up ?

long long time ago and it will be a long long time in the future before it happens again

Ok, if we're onto 'significant facts', how much do you think the drop in sponsorship revenue is going to be for a poor run of form?

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 07:43 AM

Is it loyalty or is it blind faith? Hibs are a football club, and how good a football club is defined by how well we do on the park.

As the guy STF has put in to run the place, i don't believe STF see's it the same way as most of us fans?

I wonder just how loyal STF would be if one of his tyre places was underperforming as often as his football team, and losing money the way it has over the years?

Dave, do you believe we have strong leadership from the top, as in my opinion i don't? I just see us following not leading, and stumbling along from one crisis to another with no chance of change on the horizon.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-08-2013, 07:46 AM

Do folks really think its as simple as flipping a switch to run a successful academy?
And do you purely define the success of an academy on sell-on fees?
Fees in the Post Bosman era are becoming scarce. Surely it's about getting 1 or 2 players into the first team a year. And that is the view of an Ayr United / Stranraer coach.

littleplum
05-08-2013, 07:48 AM

If you're wanting an answer to your question then I believe the answer is 2009 (if you don't want to include transfer profits made off Stokes and Bamba to make some point I'm obviously not getting)

Gustavo Fring
05-08-2013, 07:52 AM
If you're wanting an answer to your question then I believe the answer is 2009 (if you don't want to include transfer profits made off Stokes and Bamba to make some point I'm obviously not getting)

how much profit did bamba and stokes bring ?

2009 was a long time ago . 4 years to be precise

Hibby Kay-Yay
05-08-2013, 07:56 AM
Having STF backing our finances is a big deal.

gorgie greens
05-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Ready for the tin hat time,
STF has always said he would walk away if anyone who had the interest of Hibs came along,don't think anyone knows exactly how much he has put in to Hibs,I can remember something about him not been to happy with the finishing of the hospitality of the west stand when it got done and invested a further million or so(can't remember the exact amount)
Trouble with this is,it's gone from the days of a local builder or bookie being able to buy the club,and as we have saw there is so many charlettons out there,

Gustavo Fring
05-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Ready for the tin hat time,
STF has always said he would walk away if anyone who had the interest of Hibs came along,don't think anyone knows exactly how much he has put in to Hibs

Sir tom has pumped millions into hibs , probably tens of millions to be honest . but to him it probably equates to some loose change in your pocket

littleplum
05-08-2013, 08:11 AM

I don't know exactly as we bought Stokes for an undisclosed fee and sold Bamba for one but I would think about £1.5m iirc.

I still don't know the point you're making. Are you suggesting we should should be developing and selling a youth player every year for more than £1m? That doesn't happen across the league, never mind a single club.

Caversham Green
05-08-2013, 08:19 AM

We made a gain on player sales of £98k in the year ended 31 July 2012, £998k in 2011 and £2.26m in 2010.

On the idea of buying RP out, he owns 10% of the holding company and the other 90% is owned by Infocus Ltd.
Infocus is owned (ultimately) 75% by Maidencraig Investments (No1) Ltd and 25% by STF.
Maidencraig is 100% owned by a Sir Tom Farmer Settlement Trust.

These are all non-public entities, so the buying and selling of shares needs the approval of other shareholders. The idea of buying RP out is a non-starter IMO.

Gustavo Fring
05-08-2013, 08:26 AM
I don't know exactly as we bought Stokes for an undisclosed fee

from wikipedia
Stokes joined Hibernian for an undisclosed fee, reported by the Newcastle Evening Chronicle to be around £500,000, in August 2009

littleplum
05-08-2013, 08:39 AM
from wikipedia
Stokes joined Hibernian for an undisclosed fee, reported by the Newcastle Evening Chronicle to be around £500,000, in August 2009

And we sold him for £1.2m. I'll stop asking for a point.

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2013, 08:39 AM
from wikipedia

26 posts and not one positive point about Hibs: http://www.hibs.net/search.php?searchid=631717&pp=

Sniff, sniff

CropleyWasGod
05-08-2013, 08:43 AM
from wikipedia

3 important words.

Wikipedia

Undisclosed

Reported

Caversham Green
05-08-2013, 08:49 AM
from wikipedia

According to the accounts total transfer fees paid between 1 August 2009 and 31 July 2010 was £316,401.

Gustavo Fring
05-08-2013, 08:52 AM
26 posts and not one positive point about Hibs: http://www.hibs.net/search.php?searchid=631717&pp=

Sniff, sniff

its hard to be positive right now . if you think everythings great at hibs right now then your half daft

since collins won us the cup hibs have been in chronic decline on and off the park . fans dont really care what happens off the park . but to watch several seasons of relegation battles . humiliations in cup finals and europe

maribor and malmo in particular on the european front . the common denominator in all hibs failings since that glorious day at hampden has been rod 'the tache' petrie

he is running hibs into the ground if you cant see that then give me some of what you are sniffing please

Speedway
05-08-2013, 09:04 AM
To remove Petrie, you'd have to convince his biggest fan that the alternative was better. That fan owns the whole club in reality.

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2013, 09:07 AM
its hard to be positive right now . if you think everythings great at hibs right now then your half daft

since collins won us the cup hibs have been in chronic decline on and off the park . fans dont really care what happens off the park . but to watch several seasons of relegation battles . humiliations in cup finals and europe

maribor and malmo in particular on the european front . the common denominator in all hibs failings since that glorious day at hampden has been rod 'the tache' petrie

he is running hibs into the ground if you cant see that then give me some of what you are sniffing please

Really? Start of a new season - some interesting new signings - our biggest rivals going pop. That's three things I can think of.

You joined in January 2012. Surely in 18 months there must have been something positive happened to Hibs that made you think 'that's good'?

Gustavo Fring
05-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Really? Start of a new season - some interesting new signings - our biggest rivals going pop. That's three things I can think of.

You joined in January 2012. Surely in 18 months there must have been something positive happened to Hibs that made you think 'that's good'?

we start the new season on the back of a 9-0 pumping from an average team . then set up for a draw but lose at home to a motherwell team that looks like it will struggle too .

interesting signings are no good if you play them out of position and starve them of service and tactics

i dont see hearts going pop as positive , id rather see us humiliate them 3 times and watch them go down . if we struggle against them in the state they are in its more humiliation for us thus negative . if we go down with them which is a distinct possibility even more humiliation

i cant think of too many positives from the last 18 months if any bar 2 finals that went horribly wrong

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 09:21 AM
To remove Petrie, you'd have to convince his biggest fan that the alternative was better. That fan owns the whole club in reality.

Thats why every day is groundhog day, and more and more folk are pissed off week after week. I cant see anything changing, boredom and apathy has set in here in Blackpool.

I know i'm not alone. :rolleyes:

Sergio sledge
05-08-2013, 09:31 AM

I tend to agree with this post, I don't think RP is going anywhere and I don't tend to think he is necessarily a bad person to have in charge of the club, but his main fault has been his selection of managers, perhaps the most important part of the job from a public perspective. He needs to recognice this and put a structure in place whereby he is not the guy who picks the manager. He tried passing on that responsibility to Lindsay and Hyland and they selected Hughes and Calderwood, so that wasn't a success. They need someone on the board who is a "football man" whatever that is, to shape a set of values and philosophy for the club that will dictate a set playing style and inform the choice of manager.

I don't know who was involved in the selection of Mowbray or whether they just got spectacularly lucky with him, but they need to try to replicate that appointment. IIRC John Park was in a sort of DOF role at that point, perhaps he had some sort of input into the managerial appointments at the time, IMHO they haven't adequately replaced him yet.

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2013, 09:34 AM
we start the new season on the back of a 9-0 pumping from an average team . then set up for a draw but lose at home to a motherwell team that looks like it will struggle too .

interesting signings are no good if you play them out of position and starve them of service and tactics

i dont see hearts going pop as positive , id rather see us humiliate them 3 times and watch them go down . if we struggle against them in the state they are in its more humiliation for us thus negative . if we go down with them which is a distinct possibility even more humiliation

i cant think of too many positives from the last 18 months if any bar 2 finals that went horribly wrong

Jeez you're a curmudgeon then!

Speedway
05-08-2013, 09:40 AM

Like we did with Scott Lindsay and High Fiveland then?

Thats why every day is groundhog day, and more and more folk are pissed off week after week. I cant see anything changing, boredom and apathy has set in here in Blackpool.

I know i'm not alone. :rolleyes:

Wins will change it G, as we've seen before. We could have Josef Fritzel as manager and Stevie Wonder as Chairman. If we're winning matches no one cares. Just like the best refs are the ones you don't notice.

If Hibs 'win more than they lose' under any regime or management, the fans will be happy for a period until we start whinging that we never progress past the Europa League Quarter Final stage.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Wins will change it G, as we've seen before. We could have Josef Fritzel as manager and Stevie Wonder as Chairman. If we're winning matches no one cares. Just like the best refs are the ones you don't notice.

If Hibs 'win more than they lose' under any regime or management, the fans will be happy for a period until we start whinging that we never progress past the Europa League Quarter Final stage.

There is the flaw in your argument, on another thread it gives us our league finishes over the last 17 years. Only 4 times have we finished 4th or 3rd. That is a fail, and shows we dont win enough games for any continued progress in crowd or league placings.

And we have one constant in these last 17 years, but we are supposed to be grateful? Although as you say on another thread, we are stuck with him and nothing will change. :boo hoo:

Speedway
05-08-2013, 10:21 AM
There is the flaw in your argument, on another thread it gives us our league finishes over the last 17 years. Only 4 times have we finished 4th or 3rd. That is a fail, and shows we dont win enough games for any continued progress in crowd or league placings.

And we have one constant in these last 17 years, but we are supposed to be grateful? Although as you say on another thread, we are stuck with him and nothing will change. :boo hoo:

I was alluding to the fact that a winning team will negate concerns over what height the stands are, what's going on at EM and the price of a nip in BTG.

Mowbray's crowds showed us what was possible. Then lack of money convinced him that he wouldn't progress the side any further, so he jumped.

hhibs
05-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Jeez you're a curmudgeon then!

No, just realistic.

silverhibee
05-08-2013, 03:14 PM
I was alluding to the fact that a winning team will negate concerns over what height the stands are, what's going on at EM and the price of a nip in BTG.

Mowbray's crowds showed us what was possible. Then lack of money convinced him that he wouldn't progress the side any further, so he jumped.

Not really true though Speeders, there was still plenty of complaints/moaning about things that were happening under the Mowbray era, drinking cuture, Petrie being a bit tight etc etc, the big difference was that under Mowbray was that you looked forward to going to games under his term and we were a good team to watch, oh and we were winning games in a entertaining way as well, now its just boring to watch under Fenlon and the fans won't come back and spend there hard earned money to watch boring negative football.

Will Fenlon get a winning team on the park to convince folk to come back to ER. ?

I have my doubts.

oregonhibby
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM
All that buying his shares will do is put money in his pocket. He will still be the Chairman because as we all know, and Tom stated it at the AGM, he wishes he had more than one Rod.

However, I am sure if enough people put together a decent offer that Rod will look seriously at it. Then what next?

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 03:23 PM

I know what you meant, nothing really matters as long as we the fans get to see an exciting team giving 100%. That normally brings more wins than defeats, and folk look forward to going to the games.

I have not looked forward to going to the football for at least 6 years, and have not bothered with a season ticket this time. This will result in me probably not going as many times as i normally do, i'd bet there are many others who will be the same, and others who have simply given up?

IWasThere2016
05-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Not really true though Speeders, there was still plenty of complaints/moaning about things that were happening under the Mowbray era, drinking cuture, Petrie being a bit tight etc etc, the big difference was that under Mowbray was that you looked forward to going to games under his term and we were a good team to watch, oh and we were winning games in a entertaining way as well, now its just boring to watch under Fenlon and the fans won't come back and spend there hard earned money to watch boring negative football.

Will Fenlon get a winning team on the park to convince folk to come back to ER. ?

I have my doubts.

Umpteen signings and the stats suggest there's no chance really. Like you and others have said, it is about looking forward to the games - I'm hoping to be at Perth on 14/9 and ER on 21/9 v St Mirren .. am I looking forward to the games - can't say I am. The football just aint anywhere near good enough.

silverhibee
13-08-2013, 01:18 PM
So can this really happen.

Need to know if Petrie does own 10% of the club.

If so will he sell.

Can we get the money to buy him out and have us the fans owning 10% share in the club.

#wearehibernianfc

bingo70
13-08-2013, 01:28 PM

If so will he sell.

Can we get the money to buy him out and have us the fans owning 10% share in the club.

#wearehibernianfc

I don't know the first thing about it but if anyone more switched on than me is serious about this could the first step not be to contact supporters direct? (Think that's what they're called). Did I not hear that they were set up by the government to assist football supporters who want to get more control of there club?

hibee19
13-08-2013, 01:32 PM

If so will he sell.

#wearehibernianfc

I could be wrong but I think he owns 10% of the holding company that owns 90% of Hibs.

Gustavo Fring
13-08-2013, 01:34 PM
I could be wrong but I think he owns 10% of the holding company that owns 90% of Hibs.

he only owns 9% then :wink:

Part/Time Supporter
13-08-2013, 01:45 PM

HFC Holdings owns 99% of Hibs.

hibee19
13-08-2013, 01:48 PM
HFC Holdings owns 99% of Hibs.

Well I was close.

hhibs
13-08-2013, 01:52 PM

Only to brought back to our senses by yet another debacle !!!

Caversham Green
13-08-2013, 01:57 PM

If so will he sell.

#wearehibernianfc

See post#53 - he owns 10% of the holding club. Because the entire group is made up of private companies any sale of shares would need the approval of the other shareholders - i.e. STF. Approving the sale would be tantamount to sacking him and if STF was of a mind to do that he would do it whether or not fans bought the shares. Not viable IMO.

silverhibee
13-08-2013, 02:23 PM
See post#53 - he owns 10% of the holding club. Because the entire group is made up of private companies any sale of shares would need the approval of the other shareholders - i.e. STF. Approving the sale would be tantamount to sacking him and if STF was of a mind to do that he would do it whether or not fans bought the shares. Not viable IMO.

Thanks for replying CG. :aok:

Greenheart
13-08-2013, 02:56 PM

All this does is kill the club no money = no decent players = going the same way as Sevco and Hearts

blackpoolhibs
13-08-2013, 03:39 PM
All this does is kill the club no money = no decent players = going the same way as Sevco and Hearts

Or it shakes the **** out of those running the club down the ****ter, and they start leading the club properly?

chippy
13-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Stf and rp should be doing a phased sale of the club to the fans. 10% a year for 10 years, or even just for 5 so that the fans would have a majority shareholding (we could do 11%) one year.

I don't know how much Stf paid for Hibs(6 million or something?) But given that it was never for business purposes that would seem like a fair amount to pay back. 600,000 a year share scheme and he fans control the club in 5 years.

Simple (probably not!!)
Good idea but we would need some formalised structure to negotiate this set up first a kind of foundation of Hibs though I hate to say that. Russian Hibs started a a thread on resurrecting HoH that's worth a read