PDA

View Full Version : Attendance today

fatbloke
04-08-2013, 08:29 PM
9237 - Thoughts anyone.

eastterrace
04-08-2013, 08:34 PM
9237 - Thoughts anyone.

very poor turn out , we have about 8000 s/t so probably about 800 walk ups, looks like the fans have had enough, the malmo game probably finished a good few off, we should be getting about 12000 at start off season but going to be hard to win these guys back.

...WentToMowAnSPL
04-08-2013, 08:35 PM
9237 - Thoughts anyone.

9237 is not prime number. It is divisible by 3.

Bob Box Fish
04-08-2013, 08:36 PM
9237 - Thoughts anyone.

Minimum walk up if we have shifted 8k+ in season tickets. The malmo result wiped out a lot of pre season optimism.

I think a lot of people are generally just fed up with amateur negative tactics.

I still think we have a decent squad of players and if butcher or mccall were in charge we would coast into fourth place minimum.

allezsauzee
04-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Coming after the shambles that was the Malmo game and with the game on live, I didn't expect any bigger an attendance. Unless we make a signing or two that puts some bums on seats, I don't see us getting too much more than 9000 most weeks

bobbyhibs1983
04-08-2013, 08:37 PM
No offence to the poster who started the thread but it seems every now and then we , as in hibs.net posters have a thing about attendances!!

I think all in all it is what it is, if its 9,000 fine if its 20,000 fine, nothing more nothing less

davhibby
04-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Lets be honest we've got a hardcore 8/9k that will turn up every week. Some games we will get more than that, but most of the time we won't. Simple as that

Coco Bryce
04-08-2013, 08:40 PM
On TV, holidays, Malmo result.

Oh and the fact we're crap probably contributed.

Shields Hibee
04-08-2013, 08:40 PM
I said we'd get around 9.5-10k on the way up, only a few hundred off my prediction! Malmo performance probably meant we've lost a few who may have been enticed back had we had played a lot better than we did.

Some people may be away on holiday & given the KO time, it makes it harder for our support that live further afield to get up and it was on sky.

Our big gates will be Celtic, Dons & the derby if they still exist come Jan!

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
it speaks volumes that barely a few hundred people walked up and payed their money on the dawn of a new season . remember when mowbray was in charge even for a game against dunfermline you'd have 13/14000 , it wasnt easy getting a ticket . i had to buy a season ticket just so i could go to the new year derby
petrie is running this club into the dirt , even if we get rid of him NOW it will take a long time to tempt those 6/7000 lost supporters

Tyler Durden
04-08-2013, 08:43 PM
9237 - Thoughts anyone.

Fenlon out - that's my immediate thoughts.

Had talked myself into some optimism prior to today but that's been completely drained now. When you're watching a side with no urgency to score who happily let the opposition dominate possession, is it any wonder fans stay away?

Playing for a 0-0 on day 1, unforgivable.

Emerald
04-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Its a shocking opening day crowd on a really nice day. There was no atmosphere at all from the Hibs support and no opening day feeling. The Malmo game killed it IMO and attendances will be downhill from here if nothing changes fast. All the diehards were there and that will be it from now on, we really need to get lapst people back pronto,

Gatecrasher
04-08-2013, 08:47 PM
It kills the chicken and egg argument regarding team investment.

Judas Iscariot
04-08-2013, 08:50 PM
I have a ST but didn't go...

Scònaldò
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM

Bang out of order...:agree:

eastterrace
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM

you must be really cheesed off not to show up . its the first game of the season , its how bad we are when fans have a season ticket and dont bother turning up but saying that if i didnt have a s/t i probably woudnt have bothered going as well.

Notahappyhibee
04-08-2013, 09:02 PM
If our attendance was low what about **** ur wells not a lot of them turned up. I think they will do well this again in the league. We got ask ourself how they can get a reasonable squad of players with no fan base to speak of. And not just Motherwell. Do we not have the 3rd or 4th highest attendance in the SPL. I think that says something about the higher ache at Hibs not getting the quality that these so called smaller can muster
I will still go no matter what nothing else to do other and go shopping with the mrs NO ARGGGH
GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2013, 09:08 PM

Ditto. Wondering why I bothered buying my season ticket. Have not got out of the habit of renewing, but not really excited about Hibs games or football in general anywhere like as much as I used to be. It's probably as much of a mid-life crisis as anything, but I'm struggling to see the point of it. Still strongly identify with the club, and as a Hibs fan, but the current custodians; Farmer, Petrie, Fenlon, most of our first team squad, they don't excite me at all. Far more interested in the Hearts implosion, and that's pretty sad.

Eternal Hibbie
04-08-2013, 09:15 PM
9237 - Thoughts anyone.

It's only going to get worse.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Ditto. Wondering why I bothered buying my season ticket. Have not got out of the habit of renewing, but not really excited about Hibs games or football in general anywhere like as much as I used to be. It's probably as much of a mid-life crisis as anything, but I'm struggling to see the point of it. Still strongly identify with the club, and as a Hibs fan, but the current custodians; Farmer, Petrie, Fenlon, most of our first team squad, they don't excite me at all. Far more interested in the Hearts implosion, and that's pretty sad.

I sponsored a player last season rather than buy a season ticket. Same again unless there are major changes.

keep the faith
04-08-2013, 09:19 PM

Me too. The Hibs way is to entertain Pat. The club have lost sight of that.

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 09:20 PM
It's only going to get worse.

youre absolutely right

i find it difficult watching hibs on tv at the moment . paying 20 odd quid to actually go seems crazy

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 09:21 PM
I fear a repeat of the Calderwood days both on and off the park.

HFC need to learn fast that once fans drift away it's a helluva job getting them back again

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 09:25 PM

HFC need to learn fast that once fans drift away it's a helluva job getting them back again

the thing is petrie/fenlon have had 3 massive chances to bring all those fans back in an instant and every time they have climbed up to a great height and ***** all over the lot of us

Judas Iscariot
04-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Bang out of order...:agree:

How so??!

Scònaldò
04-08-2013, 09:35 PM
How so??!

Im taking the urine :greengrin

I have a ST myself and will probably find it hard to sit through that many games myself, unless their is big improvement.

Cabbage East
04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
A reflection on the last few performances. Nothing else. The support is there, but the team are driving them away.

Sloop
04-08-2013, 09:43 PM
I thought that, bearing in mind the Malmo result / performance, that was a reasonable attendance today. However, we do now need something special to happen to regain the trust of many supporters.

Radio commentary of St Johnstone game reckoned they had only around 2,000 home supporters at their game today - and that following their excellent results in Europe. Now, I'd say they have problems.

Dunderhall
04-08-2013, 09:49 PM

I'm sure that will be a major consideration for Rod.
Dont know what the budgeted walks ups were, but even giving some allowance for the holiday season, I can't see it at today's level or much below, even accounting for tv.

lucky
04-08-2013, 09:49 PM
We lost around 7000 fans since the Malmo game. I can see the crowds getting smaller

hibsitis
04-08-2013, 09:51 PM
There are 5 of us who have not renewed plus two others who go regularly who weren't there today. The holidays don't help explain today's crowd when there were nearly twice that number there for the Malmo game.

We won't be back as long as Fenlon's there. Any decent run of results will be another exercise in papering over the cracks which will convince no one that Fenlon has what it takes.

Hibercelona
04-08-2013, 09:51 PM
If the board actually had a clue what they were doing, I reckon we could get 15-16k into ER on a consistent basis. We certainly have the fanbase potential.

But over the years we've gone from inconsistent, to not very good, to complete crap. So we're a far way off from where we should be as a club.

snooky
04-08-2013, 09:52 PM

Bingo! :agree:

sesoim
04-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Coming after the shambles that was the Malmo game and with the game on live, I didn't expect any bigger an attendance. Unless we make a signing or two that puts some bums on seats, I don't see us getting too much more than 9000 most weeks

I don't even think a big signing would make much difference. Fans are sick of Fenlon's tactics. Even if we signed Messi I think we'd struggle because Fenlon would still play a 4-5-1 and leave him on his own up front. And our defence would still be sh*te. Only a new, more inspiring manager can get the team (and the fans) going again now.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Bingo! :agree:

I've learned over the years that even stating the obvious doesn't always sink in at board level :greengrin

sesoim
04-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Minimum walk up if we have shifted 8k+ in season tickets. The malmo result wiped out a lot of pre season optimism.

I think a lot of people are generally just fed up with amateur negative tactics.

I still think we have a decent squad of players and if butcher or mccall were in charge we would coast into fourth place minimum.

I agree. McCall and Butcher seem to be able to find bargains, AND get results, on tiny budgets. I'm not sure Butcher would "fit" with Hibs, but McCall would. Unfortunately McCall is probably being lined up for the Rangers job in the very near future. But there are plenty of other guys out there who could make a difference. I just don't trust Petrie and co's ability to make the right choice.

mca
04-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I don't even think a big signing would make much difference. Fans are sick of Fenlon's tactics. Even if we signed Messi I think we'd struggle because Fenlon would still play a 4-5-1 and leave him on his own up front. And our defence would still be sh*te. Only a new, more inspiring manager can get the team (and the fans) going again now.

sadly = :aok: ..

Hermit Crab
04-08-2013, 10:05 PM
9237 - Thoughts anyone.

Yes. Pish.

monktonharp
04-08-2013, 10:05 PM
you must be really cheesed off not to show up . its the first game of the season , its how bad we are when fans have a season ticket and dont bother turning up but saying that if i didnt have a s/t i probably woudnt have bothered going as well. why did you bother getting one?:confused:

monktonharp
04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
I have a ST but didn't go... why?

monktonharp
04-08-2013, 10:10 PM
Its a shocking opening day crowd on a really nice day. There was no atmosphere at all from the Hibs support and no opening day feeling. The Malmo game killed it IMO and attendances will be downhill from here if nothing changes fast. All the diehards were there and that will be it from now on, we really need to get lapst people back pronto,were you there? are you a diehard? what is your real point? it was the first game of the season, we got beat by a team not really better than us imho. long looped ball over the top, guy latches on to it and scores. could easily have went the other way

GreenArmyyy!
04-08-2013, 10:13 PM
9237 - Thoughts anyone.

Horrendous turnout.

neil7908
04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
The attendance says it all about where the fans currently think the club are headed. Aberdeen had over 13k for their home game on Saturday, definitely the sort of numbers you could see us getting in right circumstances.

The big concern is that results and performances like today will only see more and more folk drift away further damaging the club at a time where we really need to be taking advantage of the position Hearts and Rangers are in.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 10:38 PM
We have 4 or 5 thousand extra fans that will turn out regularly if they are seeing a good exciting game of football played the right way.

This was the case under Mowbray, and 13k crowds were normal and obviously much more for the bigger games.

Under Fenlon those extra folk wouldn't watch his style of football if it was in their back garden.

Pat negative Fenlon, i think i will call him the magician from now on with the amount of fans he will make disappear from Easter Road.

1875Hibees
04-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Lets be honest we've got a hardcore 8/9k that will turn up every week. Some games we will get more than that, but most of the time we won't. Simple as that
It is only 8-9k hardcore fans because of the last 4 years of *****. The ***** we have had to put up with for the last 4 years has scared away thousands of fans. It was only around 5 years ago that we had around 14k hardcore fans that turned up every week plus the fans that turn up sometimes. Obviously more for derbys etc.

Emerald
04-08-2013, 10:41 PM
were you there? are you a diehard? what is your real point? it was the first game of the season, we got beat by a team not really better than us imho. long looped ball over the top, guy latches on to it and scores. could easily have went the other way

Ok I was there and I am probably a diehard. What is my real point, are you having a laugh? The team are probably the least entertaining Hibs team I've ever seen coupled with the highest prices for football ever and the worst recession in living memory. Yes we were probably unlucky to get beat but we never even tried to win the game and the football on show has not changed from day one of Pat's tenure. Are you happy with how things are going and how do you propose to get non diehards like me back to this place. :dunno:

Onceinawhile
04-08-2013, 10:51 PM
It'll be the drop in attendances rather than results that get fenlon the sack. Should be looking at 12-13,000 for first game of the season, but the malmo result put paid to that. Lose to hearts and I doubt anyone will turn up to the next game!

edinburghhibee
04-08-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm another ST holder who didn't go today. I had arranged to go camping in Dumfries with friends and if I'm honest I prob could have made it back up but I thought better of it last night while enjoying myself with a bottle of highland park.

Malmo took the wind out my sails, away from home we were poor and should have been beat by 5-6 at ER they found their shooting boots and hammered us. I stated it in the thread about that game that they were average. I watched the game on TV in the pub with mates today had a great time only spent £20 (half of what is usually spend). Hibs were dire again today Motherwell weren't much better and it took something like 52 minutes to even get their keeper to make a save.

Fenlon needs to go, do the right thing pat and walk away!

ehf
04-08-2013, 11:15 PM
were you there? are you a diehard? what is your real point? it was the first game of the season, we got beat by a team not really better than us imho. long looped ball over the top, guy latches on to it and scores. could easily have went the other way

I've got a season and missed the Malmo game because on holiday. Went today and wished I hadn't. No way could it have gone either way. Fenlon set up for 0-0, which is unacceptable. McCall had a plan A, the changed to plan B and won the game easily. Fenlon couldn't change a baby's nappy. I won't be back until he's gone - far better things to do than watch the great tradition and heritage of Hibernian being traduced by that muppet.

TrinityHibs
05-08-2013, 06:21 AM

Another 2 here. First season starter missed for years.

Onion
05-08-2013, 06:29 AM

:agree: This. Sadly, the demise of the Yams is 10x more interesting and entertaining than anything this current Hibs team can offer up. Mismanagement and Apathy is killing our club.

capitals_finest
05-08-2013, 06:37 AM

Likewise here.

I was at the Raith and the Malmo games. Malmo game in particular has smashed the motivation to go to pieces.

Instead, I went for a walk with the GF around the Botanics. That's how bad it has become for me.

fatbloke
05-08-2013, 06:40 AM
No offence to the poster who started the thread but it seems every now and then we , as in hibs.net posters have a thing about attendances!!

I think all in all it is what it is, if its 9,000 fine if its 20,000 fine, nothing more nothing less

No offence taken just wondered what people thought. I was hoping for 11 or 12k i just worry that we will never get some of the lapsed brigade back into the fold.

Islington Hibs
05-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Not surprised. Given the dull, brittle stuff and how expensive football is I am impressed how loyal our support has been. In the 1980's quite often the gate would be 6500. Ultimately, stating the obvious, to increase gates you need a good atmosphere, entertaining football and hopefully a successful team. People need to enjoy their experience. it is not rocket science.

Hibs have proven they have a strong support which is possibly the biggest in Scotland, outside the old firm, despite years of underperformance. Mowbray 14k average, Malmo 16k, cup final scrambles etc. Section 43 was doing their bit to improve the atmosphere. The team need to do their part and lets be entertained.

So if we get it right we can fill ER. But it is chicken and egg. If we lose to Hearts and we continue to struggle we will be playing in front of 7-8K regularly, but if Collins, Harris, Thompson and the usually excellent Williams et all 'come good, and we create a positive and noisy atmosphere they will be back.

Onion
05-08-2013, 06:59 AM
If the board actually had a clue what they were doing, I reckon we could get 15-16k into ER on a consistent basis. We certainly have the fanbase potential.

But over the years we've gone from inconsistent, to not very good, to complete crap. So we're a far way off from where we should be as a club.

The sad irony is that over the last 25 years any decent Hibs team would quickly be dismantled by speculation and the OF cherry picking our best players - has happened all my life. Today, most players are not interested in playing for The Rangers, and Celtic have so much money they shop for players in Waitrose rather than Aldi. If we had a decent Board and Manager who knew what they were doing, we'd be establishing a good Hibs side with a chance to keep them together for a few years - and compete for 2nd place, the cups and go into Derby matches with confidence. The fact that we're passing up this once in a generation opportunity is verging on criminal. Little wonder a lot of Hibs fans are not prepare to pay money to watch that happening.

Islington Hibs
05-08-2013, 07:02 AM
The sad irony is that over the last 25 years any decent Hibs team would quickly be dismantled by speculation and the OF cherry picking our best players - has happened all my life. Today, most players are not interested in playing for The Rangers, and Celtic have so much money they shop for players in Waitrose rather than Aldi. If we had a decent Board and Manager who knew what they were doing, we'd be establishing a good Hibs side with a chance to keep them together for a few years - and compete for 2nd place, the cups and go into Derby matches with confidence. The fact that we're passing up this once in a generation opportunity is verging on criminal. Little wonder a lot of Hibs fans are not prepare to pay money to watch that happening.

Could not agree more. Like it or not The Rangers will be back as will Hearts. Not in my life time has there been such an opportunity. I think that is one of the reasons the support is so justifiably disillusioned.

Pretty Boy
05-08-2013, 07:06 AM
If I didn't have my ST then I would close my curtains if Hibs were playing in the back garden.

We have the players to be much better, we have a manager intent on boring us to death.

lucky
05-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Like many on here I'm Hibs daft, Malmo away was great as it was different even though we got played of the park. The hammering home just left me numb. I went yesterday but was in two minds as the game was on TV. I not expecting Hibs to win the league but I am expecting Hibs to at least try and win games at home. Sadly under PF he tries not to lose games, but usually fails, rather than win them. He is the real problem with his ultra negative tactics. If Hibs were set up to try and win then fans will come to games more often.

southsider
05-08-2013, 08:42 AM
I would have Butcher or McCall in at ER in a heartbeat or even fogive big Eck. You guys are 100% correct about passing up a golden chance to really achieve something this season. Pat has too, if we want better football and better results, take a long walk of a short pier.

blackpoolhibs
05-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Like many on here I'm Hibs daft, Malmo away was great as it was different even though we got played of the park. The hammering home just left me numb. I went yesterday but was in two minds as the game was on TV. I not expecting Hibs to win the league but I am expecting Hibs to at least try and win games at home. Sadly under PF he tries not to lose games, but usually fails, rather than win them. He is the real problem with his ultra negative tactics. If Hibs were set up to try and win then fans will come to games more often.

Thats it in a nutshell pal. :agree:

Hibernia&Alba
05-08-2013, 08:57 AM
I was hoping for somewhere around 11,000 for the first game of the season on a hot summer day. Perhaps a combination of the Malmo disaster and TV coverage prevented more coming through.

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Circumstances outwith Hibs meant I didn't go yesterday..

BUT

If the game wasn't on TV I would've been there 100%

The daft KO times and TV juristiction is hurting attendences as much as the poor football

andy1875
05-08-2013, 09:16 AM
Me and a mate also didn't use our ST yesterday.

A lads weekend darn sarf was just a tad more appealing than ER at the moment!

I can't recall the last time i was so depressed about a season after 3 competitive matches.

Or do I just have a short memory after Calderwood? :confused:

Shaggy
05-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Sundays dont suit my family life, same with a lot of others.
I have been regular for 12 years,
but just not motivated anymore.

Saturdays at 3
or nothing for me anymore

Phil MaGlass
05-08-2013, 09:21 AM
I knew the game was on the internet and couldnt even be bothered watching it for free, thought we would get pumped 2 or 3 nil only to be presently surprised by losing 1-0. Sad days indeed. Pat has to go, negative fitba, a midfield that acts as a defence and a defence that acts as the keystone Cops and striker/s sitting 20-30 metres up field waiting for a pass that will never come.
Did he really only have one forward on saturday, surely f,n not, 1st game of the season and we tried to settle for a draw, if theres one thing that the whole world and his donkey knows is that we cant defend, were pi5h in that area. Fenlon, dinnae let the door hit yir erse on the way oot.

Albanian Hibs
05-08-2013, 09:39 AM
My dad and I didnt go yesterday either due to other commitments. So there is another 2 ST holders who missed it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Still strongly identify with the club, and as a Hibs fan, but the current custodians; Farmer, Petrie, Fenlon, most of our first team squad, they don't excite me at all. Far more interested in the Hearts implosion, and that's pretty sad.

This pretty much sums up where I am with Hibs too, it is pretty sad, but, it is what is unfortunately.

GreenCastle
05-08-2013, 10:32 AM
I couldn't make yesterday as a ST holder and 2 other friends with ST's couldn't make it either.

keep the faith
05-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Im sure the electronic season ticket scanners at ER will be able to show how many season ticket holders actually turned up yesterday. It may make interesting reading to the board.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-08-2013, 10:49 AM
Im sure the electronic season ticket scanners at ER will be able to show how many season ticket holders actually turned up yesterday. It may make interesting reading to the board.

If anything is going to be of interest to them it'll be the low number of walk ups on the day.
The ST money is already guaranteed so they wont give a flying one whether ST holders turn up or not.

Keith_M
05-08-2013, 11:23 AM
I thought it was reasonable considering the previous humping, the general negativity surrounding the club and the fact it was on TV.

Once we get a new manager and results start improving, the numbers will start to increase.

Twa Cairpets
05-08-2013, 11:30 AM

I wasn't there due to a prior (also footballing based) commitment, and the change to the kick off scuppered me.
The change for telly also means I am seriously considering missing my first derby since the mid eighties due to again another commitment with youth football which, frankly, gives me much more pleasure than Hibs at the moment.

The last few years I've renewed my ST out of habit, but probably spend £100-£150 more than a walk-up due to missing games, mostly due to telly and working away midweek.

Not a great place to be from an emotional attachment point of view, but less bothered this year than for a long time, which really isn't like me at all as I'm pretty much a happy clapper usually.

DH1875
05-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I havent renewed this year. Will pick my games until christmas and take it from there. If things continue as they are, I wont get one then either.

Hermit Crab
05-08-2013, 12:05 PM
I went although I wasn't too fussed if I didn't. I actually lasted until 89 minutes too.

Just go now pat please.

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Some pretty sad reading on here. But not that surprising.

I hate the thought of Hibs sacking yet another manager, but the way we played on Sunday was indicative of Pat Fenlon's thinking on the game.

I dont know what sort of a manager he was in Ireland, but to me he seems to be falling into the points are there not to be lost rather than the points are there to be won type of manager. We have a set of players who I think are well capable of taking the game to the opposition and unfortunately they are being wasted with our safety first approach.

A bit more bravery is what is required here. Its 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw. Win 1 and lose 2 you have 3 points. Draw 2 and lose 1 you have 2 points.

We can average 12 or 13 thousand if we start going for it in games instead of letting the opposition have the ball for 60% of every match and giving them the not unreasonable impression that we are afraid to play.

RoxburghHibs
05-08-2013, 03:12 PM
I'm a pay at the gate (booth/tick office) fan and ended up going on my own. I usually go with a season ticket holder and a couple others who also pay - but the season ticket holder was on holiday and the other two had better things to do.

Baldy Foghorn
05-08-2013, 05:20 PM
Crap crowd for an opening day home fixture, some of our fans need to harden up, and back the team......Usual pash comes around mid April, when we qualify for SCF, when 25k is not enough, and we hear people's reasons why they deserve a ticket.....:cb

Shields Hibee
05-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Towards the end of last season my mate said Rod should drop the prices for walk ups to entice people along given the football on display isn't exactly entertaining. Had we played well against Malmo & given it was a nice day yesterday, we may have had around 10k.

We didn't even get big crowds post spilt even when Rod offered the walk ups a chance of a final ticket :rolleyes:

LeithBoozy
05-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Walk-up fans will not be prepared to pay the prices asked when the game is on the telly. Not the way we are playing just now, someone needs to explain to Pat attack is the best form of defence, the strange thing is he seems to be building not a bad squad of players. :confused: I'm just hoping we have not had enough time to have knitted together this season yet?

rcarter1
05-08-2013, 08:40 PM
Some pretty sad reading on here. But not that surprising.

I hate the thought of Hibs sacking yet another manager, but the way we played on Sunday was indicative of Pat Fenlon's thinking on the game.

I dont know what sort of a manager he was in Ireland, but to me he seems to be falling into the points are there not to be lost rather than the points are there to be won type of manager. We have a set of players who I think are well capable of taking the game to the opposition and unfortunately they are being wasted with our safety first approach.

A bit more bravery is what is required here. Its 3 points for a win and 1 for a draw. Win 1 and lose 2 you have 3 points. Draw 2 and lose 1 you have 2 points.

We can average 12 or 13 thousand if we start going for it in games instead of letting the opposition have the ball for 60% of every match and giving them the not unreasonable impression that we are afraid to play.

This is particularly strange given that to win leagues (as he did) you need to win most games. Looking at the record of his title wins, shows nothing out of the ordinary. Generally top scorers, and generally best defence but not always. Maybe he realises that the defence is slow and needs the protection, but then why not get at least one quick defender in there (or was that McPake...)

ahibby
06-08-2013, 11:17 AM
We lost around 7000 fans since the Malmo game. I can see the crowds getting smaller

ST holders on holiday. 17th August will see a bigger crowd.