PDA

View Full Version : Terry Butcher (3 Year Contract Confirmed)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Waxy
04-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Deserves a move to a bigger (cough) club.
Always comes across a good guy.
Done super at ICT.

My pick.

lugz
04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
I would be pretty confident is saying he wouldn't take it.

If he's looking for his career to go down the pan then maybe.

DH1875
04-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Wouldn't touch us with a barge poll.

cloudy
04-08-2013, 07:54 PM
He will be in charge of the rangers shortly

noz
04-08-2013, 07:55 PM
me too, but he turned down some English team last year so I dont expect him to be interested.

Bob Box Fish
04-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Is the move from motherwell or a caley thistle that much of a step up coming to Hibs?

Most of the transfer budget will be gone already and it seems a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Fair enough we have better crowds but still play on average to a half empty stadium every other week. If we did improve fans would come back aka 14.5k average under Mowbray but it won't happen overnight
especially with rangers and potentially hearts out of the league.

I think we should get rid of Fenlon but I think we will struggle to attract anyone decent for the role.

Aldo
04-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Won't leave ICT.

Shields Hibee
04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Can't see him wanting it, he was linked with a couple of jobs in the English leagues but turned them down.

Emerald
04-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Deserves a move to a bigger (cough) club.
Always comes across a good guy.
Done super at ICT.

My pick.

Has to be the next Rangers manager and IMO is hanging around waiting for the call, otherwise I think he is exactly the type of manager we need. Big name, loads of contacts and now has a shedload of SPL experience. :agree:

eastterrace
04-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Has to be the next Rangers manager and IMO is hanging around waiting for the call, otherwise I think he is exactly the type of manager we need. Big name, loads of contacts and now has a shedload of SPL experience. :agree:

if you were him would you take the hibs job , seems a easy job nice cup run , win more at home than you lose , play attacking football everything hunky dory then.............oh wait another home defeat team booed off week after week, think ill stay were iam, nice and cushy no pressure.

The Sea-gull
04-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Won't leave ICT.

He would but probably not for Hibs. If the rangers job comes up it is a straight shoot out between him and Stuart McCall.

Glory Lurker
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Not for me, sorry.

Emerald
04-08-2013, 08:15 PM
if you were him would you take the hibs job , seems a easy job nice cup run , win m abdore at home than you lose , play attacking football everything hunky dory then.............oh wait another home defeat team booed off week after week, think ill stay were iam, nice and cushy no pressure.

Why do you think he would have home defeats, that's the whole point in changing. Fans will always vent their anger at records like Fenlon has at Easter Road, that's why we need change. Who that is, is anyone's guess. Hibs would be a good job for him but I see other things on his agenda, its either Rangers or he loves the lifestyle in Inverness and tbh who could blame him.

down-the-slope
04-08-2013, 08:21 PM
He was my preference for job (shouted down by many others) last time round as someone who would sort out the shirkers and develop young talent, while having the reputation to persuade decent loans signings to come...and good with press / not afraid to stick up for his club.

However while things are in no way perfect lets not forget how much different the squad is and how Pat has moved things on. Having met him I like his take on game and feel he does understand the issues. We no longer have the half a squad of uninterested players who are more interested in George street than playing for the club. Can he mould a team and style that will move us on...time will tell but I would like to see a bit more time given (and think it will)

Last season we lost 3-0 and then we kicked on and had a very decent few months. With a 1/3 of the squad injured / suspended its not the time to finally judge. I suspect what ever out view is that with most of budget spent and it being at last his team then time will be given up until eve of AGM at least.....

Aldo
04-08-2013, 08:23 PM
He would but probably not for Hibs. If the rangers job comes up it is a straight shoot out between him and Stuart McCall.

He had the chance to manage Barnsley but turned it down.

Will not leave ICT for us.

hibbeedavid
04-08-2013, 08:25 PM
I'd rather have McCall than Butcher if had the choice, 2 excellent seasons with M'well, not many teams outside OF manage that

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-08-2013, 08:41 PM
If he bides his time, he will end up at the The Rangers. I don't think that money or the idea of a bigger club even matter to him.

IWasThere2016
04-08-2013, 09:33 PM
He won't come to Hibs - sadly.

His side won 3-0 on the opening day .. when might we see such a thing!?!

mca
04-08-2013, 09:39 PM
The Only Thing That Would Stop Terry from Taking the hibs job is .....

Where would he Stop For The FISH-SUPPERS....

cmon.... :wink:

edwards
04-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Surely got to be our no1 choice the only reason he didn't move down south is because of his business commitments, he would probably jump at the chance to come to Hibs. It's time to go and get him.

PatHead
04-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Could pay him with suppers delivered from Giovanni's at Northfield. Yes in a moment. McCall will be the next The Rangers' manager.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Butchers done a fantastic job but not for me. I like classy football :greengrin

neil7908
04-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Out of the names being banded around the site at the moment him and McCall are the only 2 that would be a definite yes from me. As other posters have said though I really cant see either joining Hibs.

DanHFC1875
12-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Fenlon is FINISHED. Joker. Get Butcher in. Proven in the league. Has been working with a shoe string budget and getting the best out of HIS players. No nonsense and none of this former player, I'm a Hibby blah blah blah. I believe he could turn us around. Thoughts?

NotoriousLor
12-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Why would he want to come to us when he's turned down other jobs and is doing well in the highlands?

Ken
12-08-2013, 06:58 PM
He'd definitely do well, but he wouldn't take it.

Steve20
12-08-2013, 06:58 PM
He wouldn't come to us.

Heisenberg
12-08-2013, 07:00 PM
He wouldnt come to Hibs now. If he did then we'd need his chief scout too...

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-08-2013, 07:03 PM
AFAIK he has a thriving hotel and other businesses in Inverness but I don't think he wants to come to us or anyone else except the huns possibly.

Gordy M
12-08-2013, 07:05 PM
I think he would come if the right offer was made. I know we are going through tough times and change is needed, but we are a big club in scottish terms, we would triple his wages at least, bigger playing budget, bigger crowds, more media exposure. He used to live in bridge of allan in the central belt and stayed there for years so its not like he is moving somewhere new, in fact he might still even have a house here? When he turned down barnsley he was quoted as saying he would probably move in the future. Im not saying he is def the right man he hasn't always been a success like some on here would have you believe, but if hibs want him, i think he would come.

IWasThere2016
12-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Would be great IMHO but I can't see it.

The_Todd
12-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Depends. He could see us as a project with great potential; on the other hand he could see us as the ultimate poisoned chalice. I rather suspect the latter.

West hamBERNIAN
12-08-2013, 07:35 PM
I think he would come if the right offer was made. I know we are going through tough times and change is needed, but we are a big club in scottish terms, we would triple his wages at least, bigger playing budget, bigger crowds, more media exposure. He used to live in bridge of allan in the central belt and stayed there for years so its not like he is moving somewhere new, in fact he might still even have a house here? When he turned down barnsley he was quoted as saying he would probably move in the future. Im not saying he is def the right man he hasn't always been a success like some on here would have you believe, but if hibs want him, i think he would come.

Dont see it myself, no real reason to leave caley. He's happy there, his team are playing well and if he gets that lot in Europe he'll get all sorts of plaudits and possibly a shot at a big team in England, top championship team or poss premier. It would be a big risk for him or previously successful manager.

sadtom
12-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Seems to enjoy living in inverness and has business interests. Rather than that leaving us with no chance i think it would improve our chances of getting him.
He would be doubling his wages (i'd guess) and working with a bigger budget and there is no doubt Hibs have 'potential'. We are big enough to mount a sustained challenge given the right man and the right circumstances (such as a knackered huns and hawrts).
Living in or around Embra would make commuting possible.
What other job would be similar? He aint going to celtc so that really would leave us and the sheep (maybe the arabs).
I dont know the man but the things i've read and heard means i think him going to der huns is very unlikely.
After he was able to disentangle himself from all the keech at ipox he became a real critic of the sectarian poison that oozes from that hole.
It did not go down well with the knucklescrappers. I'm not sure many of them would welcome him back. Equally i'm not sure he'd want to go there again knowing what he knows.
I think we are in a great position to offer him the job. And we should. We shouldnt go for the cheapest option, the manager is the most important person at the club, if that means spending a few bob more then so be it.
He seems to be hands on with the training. His teams play attacking football. Can pick a player. Knows the league. Decent contacts. Speaks sense. Appears to be a good motivator.
Sick of hearing guff about managers 'needing time'. BOLLAUX! Good managers can make an immediate impact with other people players.
Good managers get a higher return on the sum of the individual parts. Currently its the other way at ER. Frankly its got to the point when i'd take a risk on Pat Butcher than watch the garbage we've been served for 3-4 seasons.

Shields Hibee
12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
I like Butcher's way of approaching games, 'our belief is we can go out & win the game'. That explains why ICT are progressing in the SPL.

Be surprised if he were to leave ICT at the moment for us. He's done a good job with a small club and can see the English clubs looking at him if he maintains his record and gets ICT to win a cup or qualify via league position for Europe.

gorgie greens
12-08-2013, 07:43 PM
He loves living in Scotland,think we would move to Hibs and I would take him with open arms,think its to early for Ian Murray the now,and I would not say no. To McCall either,players would not want to be on the wrong end of Butcher if you put in the pathetic performances that we have done,

Gordy M
12-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Dont see it myself, no real reason to leave caley. He's happy there, his team are playing well and if he gets that lot in Europe he'll get all sorts of plaudits and possibly a shot at a big team in England, top championship team or poss premier. It would be a big risk for him or previously successful manager.

You may be right mate, but my point was that we ARE an attractive proposition to a manager. Ok, we have under acheived, but i think a lot of managers would see that as a challenge to their managerial skills? A successful hibs would attract a lot more attention than a successful ict, granted 'success' would be judged as different things for both clubs, but if the next manager gets us say top three and wins a cup, then he wouldnt be short of offers.

Ict to a top job is a harder route than hibs to a top job, if thats what that person is looking for?

JCHibby
12-08-2013, 07:55 PM
You may be right mate, but my point was that we ARE an attractive proposition to a manager. Ok, we have under acheived, but i think a lot of managers would see that as a challenge to their managerial skills? A successful hibs would attract a lot more attention than a successful ict, granted 'success' would be judged as different things for both clubs, but if the next manager gets us say top three and wins a cup, then he wouldnt be short of offers.

Ict to a top job is a harder route than hibs to a top job, if thats what that person is looking for?

100% butcher for me, non of this negative football pish

West hamBERNIAN
12-08-2013, 08:01 PM

That is true, a lot would possibly see it as a challenge but why would you take such a gamble? If your already getting offers from championship teams with far bigger budgets than ourselves. He already has a good formula at Caley and will get offers if he continues to do well this year. If he came here then there is every chance it wouldn't work out and he'd be where then? Failed hibs managers don't have a record of doing well. Media or coaching roles? Big gamble.

Smiggy 7-0
12-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Terry loves the fish suppers in Inverness too much, I would rather have a SAUSAGE ROLL + A DREAM RING from Harry Gow's

big gogs
12-08-2013, 08:10 PM
how do we know terry butcher would not take the hibs job, has he been asked,did he decline the offer,one thing im certain off,the search has started.hopefully we stay away from ex players this time.

Gordy M
12-08-2013, 08:13 PM
That is true, a lot would possibly see it as a challenge but why would you take such a gamble? If your already getting offers from championship teams with far bigger budgets than ourselves. He already has a good formula at Caley and will get offers if he continues to do well this year. If he came here then there is every chance it wouldn't work out and he'd be where then? Failed hibs managers don't have a record of doing well. Media or coaching roles? Big gamble.
Absolutely a gamble for him, but if it paid off, he would be in high regard. Suppose it depends his ambition as a manager, maybe his other interests away from football are more important? Re the championship job, it was barnsley who although they have a bigger budget than hibs, they dont in championship terms, hibs have a bigger budget in relative terms to the league they both play. Maybe barnsley didnt offer any chance of success? Maybe he didnt like the area? As i said before, he was quoted as saying he would probably leave ict at some point? I think the RIGHT offer would be attractive to him. Only my opinion though.

MADE IN LEITH
12-08-2013, 08:13 PM
Terry Butcher would be a great signing for us but frankly I cannot see us getting him at this moment in time.

edwards
12-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Terry Butcher was my first choice before Fenlon signed but i was prepared to give him a chance. The FGF has now gone just go and get Butcher would lift the team and support and would bring the fans back through the turnstiles.

eezyrider
12-08-2013, 09:30 PM
Terry Butcher is my choice and has been for the last couple of appointments.
He turned down the move to Barnsley because he didn't fancy Barnsley. Edinburgh is a different proposition and it's not that far from Inverness to keep and eye on his business interests there. As neither of the old firm are on the cards for him Hibs is his best to progress his career.

And anyway Giovanni's in Northfield Broadway beats any chippie in Inverness.

EZ

Coco Bryce
12-08-2013, 09:39 PM
More chance getting Pat Butcher!

whereswallace?
12-08-2013, 09:40 PM
I don't think we've got any chance of getting Butcher, I think he's holding out for the Rangers job if and when McCOist gets the bullet.

Emerald
12-08-2013, 09:41 PM
More chance getting Pat Butcher!

Or Terry Fenlon

PatHead
12-08-2013, 09:42 PM
Terry Butcher is my choice and has been for the last couple of appointments.
He turned down the move to Barnsley because he didn't fancy Barnsley. Edinburgh is a different proposition and it's not that far from Inverness to keep and eye on his business interests there. As neither of the old firm are on the cards for him Hibs is his best to progress his career.

And anyway Giovanni's in Northfield Broadway beats any chippie in Inverness.

EZ

Said that in post 21 :greengrin

steakbake
12-08-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't think he's interested in a move away from ICT. He's there because it suits him to have a job in that part of the world, somewhere he loves to live. He won't be moving anywhere, I reckon.

Waxy
01-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Seems the fans want him now, according to the poll.
I think he's the correct choice, but only if he really wants it.

McHibby
01-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Would be great IMHO but I can't see it.

I agree. I would love to see him at Hibs with the time required to overhaul the team. But he does seem very content at ICT, I don't think we could tempt him away. However it is a funny old game as they say, and you never know.

theonlywayisup
02-11-2013, 08:04 PM
............according to Chick Young. He said on BBC Radio that Terry is the front runner. He says that Hibs are lookning for someone that will "unite the club".

Also, that Terry is up for the challenge, having had a conversation with Rod in the past when we were looking for a manager.

Thoughts!!!

brian6-2
02-11-2013, 08:06 PM
............according to Chick Young. He said on BBC Radio that Terry is the front runner. He says that Hibs are lookning for someone that will "unite the club".

Also, that Terry is up for the challenge, having had a conversation with Rod in the past when we were looking for a manager.

Thoughts!!!

Be delighted with this to be honest. I think Butcher would do a cracking job with the players we have.

Glory Lurker
Wogan?

Scorrie
Not sure to be honest. Record away from ICT not been great. Wouldn't mind looking a bit outside the usual names.

leggeto
02-11-2013, 08:07 PM

Thoughts!!!

good manager has worked wonders up there so he'll do for me,although thought he would hang on for the rangers job

Onceinawhile
Overall his record is pretty poor, he hadn't really shone anywhere before ict, but the job he has done there is quite impressive (apart from getting them relegated). If he comes he would get my backing, if it isn't him Cest la vive

Kaiser1962

Thoughts!!!

So thats Butcher out then. Who does that leave?

Jonnyboy

Thoughts!!!

Another Chick the Dick exclusive!

Brings to mind the banner headline in the Daily Record some years back claiming to exclusively reveal that Alan Kernaghan was the new Hibs manager. At the unveiling, Tony Mowbray walked into the room :greengrin

Speedway
02-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Nope, Stevie Clarke and Billy Stark are forming the dream ticket as we speak.

hibbymick
02-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Wogan?

:tee hee:

Craig_in_Prague
02-11-2013, 08:09 PM
John Terry?

Peevemor
02-11-2013, 08:10 PM
I don't think he'd unite the support. There would probably a fair percentage out for him from the start, so we'd end up in the same mess within 12 months.

The Voice Of Reason
02-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Hurlock?

The Voice Of Reason
Towelling?

The Voice Of Reason
Chocolate Orange?

GlenrothesHibee
02-11-2013, 08:12 PM
He would command instant respect because of who he is which would only be a good thing. Not any better or worse than the other names mentioned. Still think it'll be Shiels though.

Vini1875
Not sure about Butcher. Some guys just fit with certain clubs and he seems to fit up there. However if he wants the huns job then Hibs would suit him as an interim move. A lot has to depend on his family and if they fancy a move to Edinburgh.

The Voice Of Reason
Venables?

Peevemor
Hall? The lunatics have taken over the asylum!

(That's for all you 80s pop pickers)

marinello59
02-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Dactyl?

Jonnyboy
02-11-2013, 08:13 PM
Dactyl?

Gatecrasher
02-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Dactyl?

Dactyl?
Surely this was planned :greengrin

Glory Lurker
Hall? The lunatics have taken over the asylum!

Nicely done, sir. :applause:

theonlywayisup
Wogan?

:thumbsup:
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/About/General/2012/1/18/1326905440857/Terrys-Chocolate-Orange-007.jpg

Hibs Class
Jacks? Seasons in the Sun :thumbsup:

Hibby70
Dactyl

California-Hibs
02-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Would be delighted with him! ICT have played alot of good attacking football under him and he also appears to have a very good eye for a player! Agree that he would unite this team :agree:

sixtwo
I for one would be against this. I hated him as a player and have never thought he was much if a manager. He is only looking for that stepping stone that will get him back to ibrox. The thought of him being our boss gives me the boak!

Peevemor
Not sure about Butcher. Some guys just fit with certain clubs and he seems to fit up there. However if he wants the huns job then Hibs would suit him as an interim move. A lot has to depend on his family and if they fancy a move to Edinburgh.

Does he not live in Bridge of Allan?

Jonnyboy
Surely this was planned :greengrin

Great minds n' aw that :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKT_RdXvzpM

HiBremian
02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/03/u8amezyq.jpg

I say, Rodders, a spiffing offer!

GreenCastle
02-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Terry Venables ?

mca
02-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Now - i Cant Back This up and Not Trying To say i Have any Sources Whatsoever !!!

But i Know This Old Irish Guy At Work - and he Has Been Spot on about Everything for years - so much so it makes Me Wonder !!!

Not Wanting to Start or a WitchHunt Kinda Thread... But the Guys A Jambo.. Not a Bad Kind to work with and seems to be a very clever one at that !!! and - it piddles me off..

He Told me After The Clumberwood Appoinment, That an irish guy was replacing Him and i said "Pat-Who" ?? 3 days later pat fenlon was appointed..

Spoke To Him Today - and he Reckoned That Kenny Shiels Has been Working For Hibs For the Last Month or so !!!!

And Apparently - Pat Was Getting Mighty Piddled off at kenny Being in the Stand at all the games etc... he Reckoned Pat Was Intimidated To Resign..

This jambos twat is hardly ever been wrong - apart from the cup final - he predicted 4-1..

Just Thought id put it out there as kenny the Gob Shiels has been at easter road quite a lot Recently - has he not ?? :wink:

Billy Whizz
02-11-2013, 08:17 PM
Terry from Terry and June

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2013, 08:18 PM
I have tried to dislike Butcher over the years, i mean whats not to hate? Ex hun, and England captain, all the recipe is there for someone i just shouldn't like.

Now i'm not sure if he'd be a good Hibs manager, but his recent record is good.:confused: I have not seen much of them, apart from what i have seen on the tv ripping us a new erse. He'd get most peoples support i'd imagine just as Pat did, could he turn us round? :dunno:

joe breezy
02-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Juice Terry; spice ay life likesay, tell ye whit, they players willnae be acting wide when they ken Juice Terry will be doing the wives and girlfriends if they dinnae tow the line, I might huv been an expert in aerated waters but ahll be making sure these players huv a bit eh bottle

I'd welcome Juice Terry's appointment

stoneyburn hibs
02-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Duckworth

Bostonhibby
02-11-2013, 08:21 PM
As long as he doesn't bring june with him. Fed up of comedy double acts at ER.

brian6-2
He would command instant respect because of who he is which would only be a good thing. Not any better or worse than the other names mentioned. Still think it'll be Shiels though.

If that baffoon is put in charge of our club i'll be giving up a season ticket ive had for the best part of 25 years.

He shouldnt be allowed anywhere near our club.

theonlywayisup
Terry from Terry and June

Good one..............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/content/images/2007/08/03/terryandjune_3_396x222.jpg

I see that he died 26 July 1994. Wow..........a long time ago.

Jonnyboy
02-11-2013, 08:22 PM
If that baffoon is put in charge of our club i'll be giving up a season ticket ive had for the best part of 25 years.

Looks like you'll need to buy a stamp brian :wink:

The Voice Of Reason
02-11-2013, 08:23 PM

Wow, you are entitled to your opinion..............

But did he sleep with your Mrs ?!?! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
02-11-2013, 08:24 PM

Not for me either Jonnyboy

The Voice Of Reason
02-11-2013, 08:25 PM
Good one..............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/content/images/2007/08/03/terryandjune_3_396x222.jpg

I see that he died 26 July 1994. Wow..........a long time ago.

Very heavy smoker (If my memory serves me correctly). :cb:cb:cb

sambajustice
Bollea???

:confused::confused:

Billy Whizz
Very heavy smoker (If my memory serves me correctly). :cb:cb:cb

Terry or June?

SonOfDavidFrancey
Christian?

Jonnyboy
02-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Not for me either Jonnyboy

Really Billy? Surely needs to be given a chance if he gets the job?

andy1875
02-11-2013, 08:26 PM
Alot of people say we need someone who will kick some ar$e$.

Terry Butcher.

The name alone strikes fear into me :greengrin

Terry and Maurice Backpass dreamteam. Will do for me.

brian6-2
02-11-2013, 08:27 PM

Seriosuly hope not JB :thumbsup:

Guys a complete let down, outspoken, arrogant, ignorant ringpiece of a man. id rather we had helen keller in charge.

Billy Whizz
02-11-2013, 08:28 PM
Really Billy? Surely needs to be given a chance if he gets the job?

I'll support the person who gets the job, just don't think Butcher is what we need

Peevemor

That would be a Terence Stamp then...

(coat's already on)

stoneyburn hibs
Christian?

Now that is a man i would not get tired of punching.

Jonnyboy
02-11-2013, 08:30 PM
I'll support the person who gets the job, just don't think Butcher is what we need

I think Brian was talking about Shiels

number9dream
02-11-2013, 08:30 PM
He's got Inverness playing an aggressive, high tempo pressing game and it works in this division. Jackie Mac Jnr was grumbling about them bringing up the giants and shelling diagonals after the midweek cup defeat but McKay is not a bruiser by any means and Doran is a really smart wee player. Also has a good scout. Team spirit a key point with ICT but he won't be able to take the Hibs players to that chippy in Auchterarder...

The Voice Of Reason
02-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Terry or June?

Lol! Terry :aok:

Www1875hfc
02-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Pure Speculation says Butcher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24791652

matty_f
02-11-2013, 08:32 PM
Vision?
Towelling?

GreenCastle
02-11-2013, 08:34 PM
I've been told that Butcher isn't the best coach but does command respect and is a good manager. The good coach is Maurice Malpas - so if Butcher does take the job then Malpas must come also = Nicholl out?

Regarding Shiels - I asked this before but no one answered - how many times has he been spotted in the West recently ?

I know of a coach who was across meeting both Shiels and Fenlon before the derby - but never thought to ask about Shiels and the Hibs connection - wish I had now.

If Shiels arrives would be nice if he could bring Dean Shiels back...

If Butcher arrives he needs to bring Billy McKay! Though think he's signed a new contract recently.

Liberal Hibby
02-11-2013, 08:35 PM
Bull.

Cropley10
02-11-2013, 08:36 PM
There is not one, single candidate who would unite the support.

The idea that a Club with our record of hiring and firing managers would turn their nose up at Butcher is strange. He clearly has a very good measure of what's required in the SPL.

This is a guy who went a YEAR without LOSING an AWAY game. Butchers forgotten more that St Pat will ever know about the game.

blackpoolhibs
02-11-2013, 08:41 PM
Pure Speculation says Butcher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24791652

He's not dismissed it going by that report. :hmmm:

pontius pilate
02-11-2013, 08:42 PM
There is not one, single candidate who would unite the support.

The idea that a Club with our record of hiring and firing managers would turn their nose up at Butcher is strange. He clearly has a very good measure of what's required in the SPL.

This is a guy who went a YEAR without LOSING an AWAY game. Butchers forgotten more that St Pat will ever know about the game.

I was saying something similar today to a mate that we as fans cannot agree who would be best to take us forward. FWIW I think Sheils will get the gig until seasons end the we may approach a more suitable candidate

brian6-2
02-11-2013, 08:44 PM
Alan Curbishley?

Saorsa
02-11-2013, 08:45 PM
If we go down the SPL manager route I'd sooner have Butcher than Shiels, Shiels is an absolute rocket.

Andy74
02-11-2013, 08:46 PM
I have tried to dislike Butcher over the years, i mean whats not to hate? Ex hun, and England captain, all the recipe is there for someone i just shouldn't like.

Now i'm not sure if he'd be a good Hibs manager, but his recent record is good.:confused: I have not seen much of them, apart from what i have seen on the tv ripping us a new erse. He'd get most peoples support i'd imagine just as Pat did, could he turn us round? :dunno:

Not sure. We wouldn't be playing silky football. Inverness are physical and direct although once they get it up there they have decent pace and a good finisher. Recent away record not the best.

Inverness seems to work for team spirit.

I'd give him a go but wouldn't seem to be much of a step in any real direction.

The Green Goblin
02-11-2013, 08:49 PM
Don't think the club will appoint a temp manager. What would be the point? Still a lot of the season to play and a stalling move would anger a lot of fans who want to see things put right.

Craig_in_Prague
02-11-2013, 08:52 PM
For those sad Fenlon is away and with Terry B being a possibility, maybe we can find a compromise in Pat Butcher?

I cant see TB leaving ICT for Hibs.

The Voice Of Reason
02-11-2013, 08:53 PM
For those sad Fenlon is away and with Terry B being a possibility, maybe we can find a compromise in Pat Butcher?

:tee hee:

andy1875
02-11-2013, 08:58 PM

:thumbsup:

NOLA
02-11-2013, 09:05 PM
i think butcher is happy in the highlands, and hes turned down other jobs recently, cant see him coming to us.

down-the-slope
02-11-2013, 09:09 PM

:agree: exactly what I thought......another of his skills / benefits is he is is good with and liked by press....

He said exactly what you would expect someone to say that gives respect to his current club while not shutting the door...

He was my choice last time round...and still is...

He is a manager that makes teams that are greater than the sum of the parts......that is exactly what we need right now when we have a decent squad of individuals...but no team..

My_Wife_Camille
02-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Don't think the club will appoint a temp manager. What would be the point?
I can see the logic in it to be fair.

Terry Butchers contract with ICT is up at the end of the season and it would maybe be easier to approach him then (or approach him no with a view to joining at the end of the season).

That would mean that Terry would get to honour is contract and leave ICT on good terms and would also mean that Hibs wouldn't need to pay any compo.

Getting someone like Shiels in the interim to get the players playing again would then be easier to take.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-11-2013, 09:26 PM
I've wanted Butcher in since Mixu left. Not sure he would come now but would be ideal for Hibs right now. Knows the league and wouldn't be a soft touch.

The Harp Awakes
02-11-2013, 09:29 PM

Sounds like a carefully worded answer to me. Particularly the line:

"At this moment in time, I'm staying here - that's it," said Butcher."

I suppose it could be taken 2 ways, either; right now I'm the Inverness manager (but could be the hibs manager next week) or; at this time I'm not interested on any other job.

fatbloke
02-11-2013, 09:37 PM
Dactyl?

And the dinosaurs John, you must have danced to them back in the 70's:greengrin

Hibee87
02-11-2013, 09:38 PM
listened to an interview on that roughy show earlier, radio station central fm or something......any way when asked about the hibs job he said it was all just speculation at the moment....I guess if were given the nod to speak to him he sounds like he would listen

whiskyhibby
02-11-2013, 09:40 PM
The thing that worries me about butcher is that he has a poor record outside the SPL and ICT have a habit of apparently having great managers that fail miserably elsewhere, ie Paterson and Robertson. there seems to be an Inverness effect where the team plays way above its place and I for one think Butcher would fail more quickly than Fenlon

Jonnyboy
02-11-2013, 09:41 PM
And the dinosaurs John, you must have danced to them back in the 70's:greengrin

Not me, I was far too old :greengrin

Andy74
02-11-2013, 09:41 PM
listened to an interview on that roughy show earlier, radio station central fm or something......any way when asked about the hibs job he said it was all just speculation at the moment....I guess if were given the nod to speak to him he sounds like he would listen

He has peaked where he is. If he can translate success to Hibs he would prove himself a bit more.

pontius pilate
02-11-2013, 09:44 PM
I can see the logic in it to be fair.

Terry Butchers contract with ICT is up at the end of the season and it would maybe be easier to approach him then (or approach him no with a view to joining at the end of the season).

That would mean that Terry would get to honour is contract and leave ICT on good terms and would also mean that Hibs wouldn't need to pay any compo.

Getting someone like Shiels in the interim to get the players playing again would then be easier to take.

That's my view on it hence why I posted earlier I can see Sheils getting the gig until seasons end

Hibee87
02-11-2013, 09:51 PM
He has peaked where he is. If he can translate success to Hibs he would prove himself a bit more.

Exactly, he would inherit a strong team on paper with the funds to strengthen in Jan, if he could lead hibs to a trophy or succusive top 4 finishes I see him either moving down south again, or even the one to take the rangers over when they come back up.....but lets not think about the future should he get it.

What roughy said was pretty much what you said, he's done a great job with the resources he has had with crowds of around 3 thou, come to hibs with average crowds of 10k and all the infrastructure plus more money then he could really prove himself.

joe breezy
02-11-2013, 10:00 PM
I'd rather Terry Butcher than Tony Mowbray...

PatHead
02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
The thing that worries me about butcher is that he has a poor record outside the SPL and ICT have a habit of apparently having great managers that fail miserably elsewhere, ie Paterson and Robertson. there seems to be an Inverness effect where the team plays way above its place and I for one think Butcher would fail more quickly than Fenlon

The problem with the statistics for Butcher outwith the SPL are that the clubs he had would consider a win rate of 50% a massive achievement. In the top league these clubs will always be lucky to get points from Man Utd and the likes

hihohibby
02-11-2013, 10:09 PM
For those who think he is totally happy at ICT, well, he is on record as being frustrated at the poor crowds and limited potential he faces every day. Managing a club the size of Hibernian will excite him without question: bigger crowds, capital city, massive potential, a not too bad pool of players that would benefit from his tweeking, additions and input. Terry Butcher is yet to sign an extension to his current contract too! Hmmm:hmmm:

orourke
02-11-2013, 10:36 PM
I spoke to Jim Jeffries about 2 months ago and he was adamant that when Fenlon was appointed Butcher was interviewed at Easter road.

Northern Hibby
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
When asked if he was coming down Maurice Malpas just said y"ou'll find out soon enough" I said w"orth a punt them" he just smiled back :-)

bigwheel
02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
I'd rather Terry Butcher than Tony Mowbray...

Why?

neil7908
02-11-2013, 10:48 PM
He could easily have come out and said "I can categorically say that I will not be joining Hibs as manager" and that would have put an end to all speculation.

His wording was chosen very carefully though and I suspect that if he was wanted and we offered him decent wages, promise of a decent budget etc then he would be interested.

Up to the board now to decide who they want, the next appointment is massive. Another poor choice as manager and we'll end up with home gates that Butcher would be used to at ICT.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-11-2013, 10:53 PM
I spoke to butcher earlier and asked him if he was coming to hibs and he said we,ll see

Coco Bryce
02-11-2013, 11:00 PM
I spoke to butcher earlier and asked him if he was coming to hibs and he said we,ll see

Aye? Where was he?

gorgie greens
02-11-2013, 11:06 PM
He could easily have come out and said "I can categorically say that I will not be joining Hibs as manager" and that would have put an end to all speculation.

His wording was chosen very carefully though and I suspect that if he was wanted and we offered him decent wages, promise of a decent budget etc then he would be interested.

Up to the board now to decide who they want, the next appointment is massive. Another poor choice as manager and we'll end up with home gates that Butcher would be used to at ICT.

great bargaining tool for a guy in Butchers position to squeeze more money out of Caley if he is happy up there,if they rate him he will have his chairman at his door signing a new contract,if not welcome to Easter Road Tel

erskine-hibby
02-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Terry's the man for me, though like others I don't think he will leave ICT...sadly.

Kaff
03-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Terry's the man for me, though like others I don't think he will leave ICT...sadly.
This really is 2nd/3rd hand gossip but apparently TB is not liked at board level at ICT, prior to their great run of last year they were positioning to sack him and this obviously saved him. Has it changed since then? I don't know.
I spoke to him for 5-10 mins while boarding a plane to Inverness after the Eng v Scot game and during that conversation he said his family had all left home and it was just him and the wife now so is that any problem to moving a relatively short distance? I asked if he would be interested in the Hibs job and he never blinked or gave any indication he heard me ask the question, so no idea there either! :-)
Personally I would like to see Sheils given the job but would be happy with Butcher too

hibees 7062
03-11-2013, 12:58 AM
http://caleythistleonline.com/uploads/gallery/album_548/gallery_25_548_17837.jpg

hibees 7062
03-11-2013, 01:00 AM
Personally I dont think Terry would be successful at Hibs. I think it would be a backward step for him. Other managers have failed there. Hibs have a cancer clinging to them in the shape of Rod Petrie and, until he's cut away they'll always be where they are now.

Is it that obvious ?

Northern Hibby
03-11-2013, 01:46 AM
Maurice and wife just left pub, "don't worry we'll still come back and visit" horses mouth:-)

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Not sure. We wouldn't be playing silky football. Inverness are physical and direct although once they get it up there they have decent pace and a good finisher. Recent away record not the best.

Inverness seems to work for team spirit.

I'd give him a go but wouldn't seem to be much of a step in any real direction.

I'm not sure either, but i'd take anything that was a step up from that sheite under fenlom at the moment.

Now whether thats with Butcher i dont care, but i want a reason to be ****in interested in Hibs again?

Callum_62
03-11-2013, 04:01 AM
Butcher now favorite at 10/11 on at SkyBet

Speedway
03-11-2013, 07:17 AM
Butcher now favorite at 10/11 on at SkyBet

Rod's seemingly going for people who didn't get it the previous time around. Once again it's a no to Verry Butchun, his career win % and his litany of sackings.

Onion
03-11-2013, 07:31 AM
He's my choice but don't see why he would come. He seems to have found his perfect role at ICT and doing really well. Hibs is a poisoned chalice that destroys reputations, and Petrie is part of the problem.

A CE with fresh ideas and statement of intent might help to attract him.

Russ
03-11-2013, 07:36 AM
He was my preference for job (shouted down by many others) last time round as someone who would sort out the shirkers and develop young talent, while having the reputation to persuade decent loans signings to come...and good with press / not afraid to stick up for his club.

However while things are in no way perfect lets not forget how much different the squad is and how Pat has moved things on. Having met him I like his take on game and feel he does understand the issues. We no longer have the half a squad of uninterested players who are more interested in George street than playing for the club. Can he mould a team and style that will move us on...time will tell but I would like to see a bit more time given (and think it will)

Last season we lost 3-0 and then we kicked on and had a very decent few months. With a 1/3 of the squad injured / suspended its not the time to finally judge. I suspect what ever out view is that with most of budget spent and it being at last his team then time will be given up until eve of AGM at least.....

Was my choice before Yogi and I too was shouted down, ex hun etc etc etc. If I was Terry I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, The Hibs job is rapidly becoming every bit as much as a poison chalice as the Aberdeen job. Our merry band of flair loving football fans on here would give him maybe 2 or 3 games before shouting for his head.

Beefster
03-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Our merry band of flair loving football fans on here would give him maybe 2 or 3 games before shouting for his head.

Utter rubbish.

J-C
03-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Butcher would take no nonsense from these players and get them playing for each other and the fans, seems to be able to gel a squad quickly going by the past few seasons, he would do for me, hopefully get this lazy bunch of non triers playing again.

Russ
03-11-2013, 07:59 AM

Baffoon eh, can't say I've ever heard of one of them before. BTW that Buffoon won them a trophy and had them playing Mowbrayesque type football, something this forum seems to crave.

Russ
03-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Utter rubbish.
I was being facetious pal, wind yer neck in eh.

Gmack7
03-11-2013, 08:12 AM
Personally I dont think Terry would be successful at Hibs. I think it would be a backward step for him. Other managers have failed there. Hibs have a cancer clinging to them in the shape of Rod Petrie and, until he's cut away they'll always be where they are now.

Is it that obvious ?
Keep away from sharp objects
I think he'd do well at ER

Hibby_G
03-11-2013, 10:01 AM
It looks like we're getting terry butcher has anyone heard different

cabbageandribs1875
03-11-2013, 10:03 AM
who says we are getting TB :confused:...and does Rod petrie know this

Hibby_G
03-11-2013, 10:05 AM
who says we are getting TB :confused:...and does Rod petrie know this

It says in the news📰

Stewboy
03-11-2013, 10:06 AM
It says in the news

Were there any quotes from RP?

HibbyKeith
03-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Here's a quote from TB.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24791652

Hibby_G
03-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Were there any quotes from RP?

Don't know but if we get TB that's good for us because he is a good manager😄

HibbyAndy
03-11-2013, 10:12 AM
Id take TB

NatureBoy
03-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I'd be delighted if we get Butcher have to say I'd be quite surprised as we'd have to pay compensation and he seems very settled at ICT.

mrdependable
03-11-2013, 11:02 AM
id want to know if Malpas is coming with him as I suspect he may be the coaching brains of the team. I wouldn't be surprised if ICT tried to hold onto him as manager. Of course, ive no evidence of either theory!

bigwheel
03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Other than his ICT record , Butcher has a worse than average managerial record...this would be an appointment that would underwhelm me ...we are a different proposition in many ways ...I hope the recruitment process is better than this ...

greenlex
03-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Here's a quote from TB.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24791652Typical Typical BBC slant on all things Hibs. Pet Fenlon stood down after fans chanted for him to go on Wed dontcha know.. It may actually be factually correct but what a slant. FFS whatever next.:rolleyes:

#FromTheCapital
03-11-2013, 11:32 AM
Other than his ICT record , Butcher has a worse than average managerial record...this would be an appointment that would underwhelm me ...we are a different proposition in many ways ...I hope the recruitment process is better than this ...

Its taken him a while to get it right at caley as well, he got off to a poor start. But I guess there's a lot less pressure and expectation from caley fans which probably suits him. If he was given the hibs job and had a similar start fans would be calling for his head after a year at most. If I was butcher I wouldn't be jumping at the chance to manage us.

The Green Goblin
03-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Was my choice before Yogi and I too was shouted down, ex hun etc etc etc. If I was Terry I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, The Hibs job is rapidly becoming every bit as much as a poison chalice as the Aberdeen job. Our merry band of flair loving football fans on here would give him maybe 2 or 3 games before shouting for his head.

Fenlon got 2 years before that happened. Agree about your comment on Hibs job becoming unwantable, but that doesn't seem to stop lots of managers wanting it. Think we could do a lot worse than TB. For one thing, he will not tolerate slackers or the "softness" we keep hearing about. Re his managerial record, he has had a few failures, but maybe Inverness was him having learned from them and finally coming good.

Sumner
03-11-2013, 12:06 PM
..says Chick Young on radio now.
Done deal CY says.

Pretty Boy
03-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Did he exclusively reveal that?

Saorsa
03-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Must be true then

Sumner
TB wants the job, will be in charge by next weekend says CY

.. Hmm this is Chick reporting mind..

carnoustiehibee
Chick young doesn't even know the name of the home helper who wiped his arse this morning

J-C
Bbc radio saying butcher a shoe in

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-11-2013, 12:09 PM
would be happy with that

WhileTheChief..
Hope so. Great move by Hibs if they pull if off.

He's exactly what we need and would give the whole place a lift both on and off the pitch.

Make it happen :thumbsup:

banarc7062
Has proved his worth at Inverness and would not be too disappointed if he were here at Easter Road. GGTTH:flag:

Mikey
03-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Is this the same Butcher who wouldn't touch Hibs because the club is run so badly, or is it another Butcher?

Col2
03-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Yup just heard that. Media seem to think so and bookies have him as favourite.

Would be delighted with appointment. A leader, disciplined, experienced (SPL) and very hands on manager. Malpas, however dull he comes over as, is seen as very effective foil to TB. ICT are smaller than St Mirren and Killie but punch above weight for past 3 years.

Unseen work
03-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Would be very happy with this and hopefully could get the best out of otj and hopefully try lure dorrans

Sumner
03-11-2013, 12:15 PM
If he rattles the board about how badly the club is run in PR terms, PERFECT they need it, and a manager who won't keep the silence for Petrie's mafia would be something refreshing.

neil7908
03-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Appointing managers is never easy and the boards last few choices have been poor but luring Butcher would be a no-brainer for me.

Experience of not just managing in the SPL but keeping a team at the right end of the table, decent football on a minimal budget, comes across well in interviews, highly respected in the game with decent contacts and a no nonsense attitude.

Whether it will come to anything or not I cant see too many fans being unhappy about his appointment or being critical of the board on this one.

Bostonhibby
03-11-2013, 12:27 PM
Is this the same Butcher who wouldn't touch Hibs because the club is run so badly, or is it another Butcher?

Think that was Frank Butcher Mikey, when he heard we didnae have a car lot and a pub he simply couldn't see us getting anywhere so never fancied the gig. Something about not being able to run a piss up in a brewery he said at the time I think:wink:

weonlywon6-2
03-11-2013, 12:29 PM
TB wants the job, will be in charge by next weekend says CY

.. Hmm this is Chick reporting mind..

Bold statement from chick. Probably be mileage in it

GloryGlory
03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Bold statement from chick. Probably be mileage in it

TB will deffo be at ER next Saturday. FACT! :greengrin

Beefster
03-11-2013, 12:33 PM
Its taken him a while to get it right at caley as well, he got off to a poor start. But I guess there's a lot less pressure and expectation from caley fans which probably suits him. If he was given the hibs job and had a similar start fans would be calling for his head after a year at most. If I was butcher I wouldn't be jumping at the chance to manage us.

He didn't really. Almost kept them up and they've improved every single year since.

I'm not convinced Butcher is the right guy for the job but there seems to be a lot of folk judging him on incorrect info.

weonlywon6-2
03-11-2013, 12:39 PM

Even more bold from you !!!

hibees 7062
03-11-2013, 12:40 PM
Keep away from sharp objects
I think he'd do well at ER

Me to , that was a quote from ICT Fans forum :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
03-11-2013, 12:42 PM
He didn't really. Almost kept them up and they've improved every single year since.

I'm not convinced Butcher is the right guy for the job but there seems to be a lot of folk judging him on incorrect info.

The incorrect info presumably being that he's anything other than mediocre. If he gets the job I'll be right behind, but I'm far from excited.

Mon Dieu4
03-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Will wait til its announced, Chicks last big Hibs scoop was Riordan will be a Rangers player within 24 hours

Dibben
03-11-2013, 12:43 PM

:-)

Stick on...

Bostonhibby
03-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Will wait til its announced, Chicks last big Hibs scoop was Riordan will be a Rangers player within 24 hours

Could just be the real journalists having another laugh at Chic's expense by feeding him a line.

GloryGlory
03-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Even more bold from you !!!

Sat 9 November
Easter Road

Hibs v ICT

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Dibben
03-11-2013, 12:50 PM
I wonder if Shiels is at Fir Park today?

hibees 7062
03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
http://www.dailymail...rce=twitterfeed (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2486063/Terry-Butcher-list-Middlesbrough-manager-job.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-middlesbroughmail&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=socialnet-twitter-middlesbroughmail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed)

Might not be us after all

Matt92
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
BT Sport commentators just said Butcher was due to be a pundit for todays game however dropped out quite suddenly :pray: plus the bookies sticking him on...

CyberSauzee
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
McCann?

frazeHFC
03-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Hibs invited him to the game today but he turned it down. He is loving the quality of life up there and has a squad doing well. I hope we can get him but I really can't see it just now, hope i'm wrong.

BT Sport commentators just said Butcher was due to be a pundit for todays game however dropped out quite suddenly :pray: plus the bookies sticking him on...

Just seen this, I thought they said that Hibs had invited him and he turned it down?

Borderhibbie76
03-11-2013, 01:25 PM
Hibs invited him to the game today but he turned it down. He is loving the quality of life up there and has a squad doing well. I hope we can get him but I really can't see it just now, hope i'm wrong.
Bt sport invited him mate...not Hibs!!

Dibben
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
I thought they said Hibs too...

frazeHFC
03-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Bt sport invited him mate...not Hibs!!

:aok: Must be hearing things, glad though as I'd be pleased with him! :agree:

Spike Mandela
03-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Butcher has done well at Inverness undoubtedly but has he not been pretty poor elsewhere. Even at Motherwell did he not finish bottom but avoid relegation on a technicality?

greenpaper55
Interesting from the panel at HT saying that footballing decisions are not just taken by the manager, i wonder what they could mean ?.

bingo70
Not convinced about butcher at all, if he gets it then I'll support him obviously but this is a poor appointment imo

Northern Hibby
03-11-2013, 01:32 PM
I live in Inverness I work in a pub part-time Maurice Malpas comes in almost every weekend for a meal with his wife, believe me they're coming ;-)

frazeHFC
03-11-2013, 01:32 PM
I thought they said Hibs too...

Was sure he'd said that he was on Hibs list of guests for today but never wanted to come.

God knows, we'll find out soon enough!

steviehibsleith
03-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Can Hibs players actually sprint ?

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-11-2013, 01:42 PM
would be happy with that

merritthibees
03-11-2013, 01:49 PM
I live in Inverness I work in a pub part-time Maurice Malpas comes in almost every weekend for a meal with his wife, believe me they're coming ;-)

Tell us more! :D

Springbank
03-11-2013, 01:50 PM

This could be the 2013 Jordi Cruyff no 26 bus fish man moment

Liams
03-11-2013, 02:08 PM
If tb is new manager will we see more from jones?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Hope he brings Billy McKay with him, IF he comes.

Col2
03-11-2013, 02:28 PM
I tell you what, we will get much much more positive media if butcher is in charge. They love him but as also scared of him where as they were more than happy to slate fenlon and be disrespectful.

Onion
03-11-2013, 02:34 PM

Interesting. If he genuinely has no interest in coming to Hibs there was no reason for him to skip this.

Unless, he's in negotiation with ICT for a new deal and looking to make the most of the speculation :cb

weonlywon6-2
03-11-2013, 02:34 PM
At this rate we will have three managers in place next weekend,butcher,grant and mccall if you believe all the nod nod wink wink stories

Jim44
03-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Was sure he'd said that he was on Hibs list of guests for today but never wanted to come.

God knows, we'll find out soon enough!

The commentator didn't say who invited Butcher, but as the home team, I would be more likely to assume it was Motherwell. Remember, too, he has Motherwel links.

bigwheel
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
The commentator didn't say who invited Butcher, but as the home team, I would be more likely to assume it was Motherwell. Remember, too, he has Motherwel links.

He wouldn't have been anyone's invite...he would have been going to see us, as we play them next week....it's traditional for clubs to give others guest tickets...

Leishy1995
03-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Was told today by someone inside the club that he wants to join and there has been contact between both parties.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Was told today by someone inside the club that he wants to join and there has been contact between both parties.

We'll see what happens. A lot of names being thrown about.

3pm
03-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I hope no.

God Petrie
03-11-2013, 02:55 PM
Whats racist about disliking someone's treatment of a football player so good he verges on immortal? Apologise to Diego then he can maybe manage the club I support.

Iggy Pope
03-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Whats racist about disliking someone's treatment of a football player so good he verges on immortal? Apologise to Diego then he can maybe manage the club I support.

I've lost this. Is Diego Maradona the 'Scottish' hero you are referring to?
I'm Argentinian and you can **** right off.

Cletus
03-11-2013, 03:01 PM

If you don't understand that calling someone an English ****er is racist language then there's absolutely no point in discussing it further. Sorry to be rude but you come across as very poorly educated...

God Petrie
03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
I've lost this. Is Diego Maradona the 'Scottish' hero you are referring to?
I'm Argentinian and you can **** right off.

Yes Diego Maradona. It's a bit like Albert Kidd I suppose.

You put your left hand in.....

Hero76
03-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Did anyone listen petries interview ? What ****** planet is he on ?

greenlex
03-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Did anyone listen petries interview ? What ****** planet is he on ?
What did you want him to say?

God Petrie
03-11-2013, 03:05 PM
If you don't understand that calling someone an English ****er is racist language then there's absolutely no point in discussing it further. Sorry to be rude but you come across as very poorly educated...

England isn't a race but enjoy your politically correct buzzwords. The word you're looking for is maybe xenophobic or jingoistic.

This post was brought to you courtesy of my education.

Sergio sledge
03-11-2013, 03:12 PM

not long into their season in div 1 they were struggling and a lot of ICT fans wanted rid. Rooney started scoring and the rest is history. It's wrong to say he didn't get off to a poor start at ICT though.

Iggy Pope
03-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Yes Diego Maradona. It's a bit like Albert Kidd I suppose.

You put your left hand in.....

Ah. A Tartan Army thing. I should have stopped there.

(PS - if you think xenophobia and racism are far removed, you should think again).

HoboHarry
03-11-2013, 03:14 PM
England isn't a race but enjoy your politically correct buzzwords. The word you're looking for is maybe xenophobic or jingoistic.

I don't believe you have any higher level of education. I've never met a person with the level of education you are alluding to who would have posted what you did.

Cletus
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM

Absolute rubbish. Do you consider Joe Baker an English ****er? Anyhow, you come across as a nasty, bitter individual. I'd prefer you supported Hearts as you're more suited to their culture.

Hero76
03-11-2013, 03:23 PM
What did you want him to say?

If you think what he said was ok your on a different planet anaw. He thought pat done a amazing job was gutted he left going on about huge improvments finishing in the upper echelons of the league cup finals Europe blah blah.

MWHIBBIES
03-11-2013, 03:24 PM
If you think what he said was ok your on a different planet anaw. He thought pat done a amazing job was gutted he left going on about huge improvments finishing in the upper echelons of the league cup finals Europe blah blah.Well Pat did do all those things

God Petrie
03-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Aww deleted. I'll let this wee video sum up my opinions of this clown and why I don't want him near Hibs.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2008/nov/20/maradona-argentina-scotland-terry-butcher

offshorehibby
03-11-2013, 03:30 PM
If you think what he said was ok your on a different planet anaw. He thought pat done a amazing job was gutted he left going on about huge improvments finishing in the upper echelons of the league cup finals Europe blah blah.

Oh i, he's going to come out and rip his ex manager up for arse paper, right. A prospective manager's going to listen to this and say what a prick don't fancy working for him. Be real man.

Torto7062
03-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Guys I can hardly believe how many comments along the lines of.....
why would he leave Caley to come
to us etc.....ffs We are HIBERNIAN FC

if we're not a bigger proposition than
Caley then we are in a poor state.

GGTTH

Stevie Reid
03-11-2013, 03:36 PM

His record is undoubtedly a chequered one, but his recent years with Caley suggest that he is a manger that is improving - this is key for me, so many people on this board label managers as simply being good or bad, when in reality anyone linked with the Hibs job will either be unproven, or have failures in their past.

Sometimes things work incredibly well for certain managers at certain clubs, they are a perfect fit, but they cannot replicate this elsewhere. Similarly, some managers find that what they do doesn't work at certain clubs, that has worked really well in other jobs - Brendan Rodgers at Reading being a recent example.

All in all, there are a large number of variables that will dictate whether or not a manager will be a success at a new club, and Butcher would be as much a risk as any appointment - I would be happy with it, and he would get my full backing (as would anyone), but nothing is guaranteed.

First and foremost it would be nice to get a manager who has us challenging at the top end of the table and playing some nice stuff, but it would also be nice if this board didn't get populated with posters who are ready to write him off at the first sign of the trouble which will inevitably come.

Whether people think the new manager is a good one or a bad one really means nothing, and neither will the manager's record - all that will matter is that he is now Hibs manager, and what he does from there.

Eternal Hibbie
03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
At this rate we will have three managers in place next weekend,butcher,grant and mccall if you believe all the nod nod wink wink stories

Maybe between the three of them we'll strike gold. :rolleyes:

Dibben
03-11-2013, 03:39 PM
We are in a poor state, but if the new Manager can unite the players and fans, it will be one of the top jobs in Scotland!

Definitely one of the top jobs in Scotland, it really should be a top 4 job (at least).

I just hope we get the right man in...

Leishy1995
03-11-2013, 03:45 PM
That's a lot of deleted posts..

Hiber-nation
03-11-2013, 03:49 PM
That's a lot of deleted posts..

Aye....what was that all about?

HoboHarry
03-11-2013, 03:52 PM
Aye....what was that all about?
It was to do with an offensive post which was put up. My replies were deleted despite having no offensive language in them.

Hermit Crab
03-11-2013, 03:56 PM
If it's butcher then so be it. Can't be worse than Fenlon.

tamig
03-11-2013, 03:57 PM
Some managers seem to find their perfect match - and when they move on it just doesn't work out for some reason. I think TB is in that boat and I just don't see him being the man to take us forward. If he does come in though I hope he proves me wrong.

Northern Hibby
03-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Tell us more! :D

Said earlier when asked if he was coming down to join us he said "you'll find out soon enough" I said "worth a punt then?"hen he just winked, he knows I'm a Hibby and after the last Caley game stated that Hibs can attract better players my reply was didn't show today he said better players and better teams are 2 difference things, laughed at he's fusbal comment "that's too technical for me I'm from Fife"

Gordy M
03-11-2013, 03:58 PM
It was to do with an offensive post which was put up. My replies were deleted despite having no offensive language in them.
Problem is that if you reply to the original post, then it will show up in your post? Maybe thats why it was deleted, so the offensive post would no longer show anywhere?