PDA

View Full Version : Terry Butcher (3 Year Contract Confirmed)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

nonshinyfinish
07-11-2013, 07:27 AM
:panic:

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 07:30 AM
how would someone on the fringes of another club come across such information ?

I don't know how the grapevine works in football although this person is well connected, but I don't know how he came by this information.

No-one else seems to have heard the same, so hopefully, he's wrong.

spike220
07-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Has anyone else heard this has fallen through? :confused: No I heard it was all systems go and something might be announced today. P.S. Does anyone know why the return key does not work on these pages anymore??

#FromTheCapital
07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Got a text from someone on the fringes of another club (not SPL).

"Don't slash your wrists, but Butcher is staying at Inversnecky".

I've replied asking for more info.

But, but we dedicated an entire pun thread to him! 4 whole pages worth for nothing!? Traitor!

Craig_in_Prague
07-11-2013, 07:36 AM
I blame East Mains. Every time it's public knowledge someone is getting shown round (Goodwin, McManus, Terry)... they don't sign.
Perhaps Tam McCourt running about with a pitch fork scares them all off.

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 07:39 AM
Radge ...you are just stirring for the fun of it ... No way would Rod let this fall through at this late stage with all the publicity it has had .. Huge egg on the face for him if it did and he does not like that !!

Hiber-nation
07-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Has anyone else heard this has fallen through? :confused:

No. Did you not hint that McCall was going to get the job by the way?

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 07:41 AM
Radge ...you are just stirring for the fun of it ... No way would Rod let this fall through at this late stage with all the publicity it has had .. Huge egg on the face for him if it did and he does not like that !!

I don't think so. Would not say HR is a wind up merchant.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 07:45 AM
Been in touch with my usual source and he says he thinks Hibs will announce it at lunch time today! Hopefully they do and end all this! 3 year deal is done is his exact words.

Craig_in_Prague
07-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Been in touch with my usual source and he says he thinks Hibs will announce it at lunch time today! Hopefully they do and end all this! 3 year deal is done is his exact words.

If it's done (which it appears), then I would also expect it's announced today. Too close to Sat, for TB to lead Hibs out and yet it's enough time for ICT to give a coach instructions to take the team (though probably they've already planned for it).

Makes sense to announce today and start Monday.

3 year deal is a good sign, committment on both sides.

onwards and upwards !

s.a.m
07-11-2013, 07:48 AM
No I heard it was all systems go and something might be announced today. P.S. Does anyone know why the return key does not work on these pages anymore??

I asked this question on the techy forum a while back, and was told it was a compatibility issue. Click the A/A button in the top-right corner of the tool bar section of the "reply to thread" box, and that should fix it. Or at least, it did for me.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 07:49 AM

I hope so. HR has put a cat amongst the pigeons this morning. ;)

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 07:51 AM
I hope so. HR has put a cat amongst the pigeons this morning. ;)

Tell me about it. I **** myself when I read that. The only way it would fall would be compo to them as Butcher agreed everything else.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 07:52 AM
I trust this person although he can be a bit of a drama queen.

When I was living in London, he was the first person to phone me when Mercer tried to kill us.

His words were along the lines of "Hibs are dead. Hearts have bought them over and they do not exist anymore."

It was one of the worst moments of my life supporting Hibs, I was in tears, but obviously, it was an exaggeration.

I'm still waiting for a reply to my text.

GordonHFC
07-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Tell me about it. I **** myself when I read that. The only way it would fall would be compo to them as Butcher agreed everything else.

If it was the case that he had agreed terms then TB would resign leaving ICT to fight for any compensation but this would be with TB and not Hibs.

Jim44
07-11-2013, 08:06 AM
Is it true that the word 'gullible' has been removed from the Oxford Dictionary? Somebody on the fringes of Chambers Encyclopedia texted me with the revelation last night but I kept it to myself till now. :-)

PapillonVert
07-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Just seen Tim Howard being interviewed on SSN and i've sussed out Vines problem. He's being played out of position!!

That's right - he's in a football team.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 08:10 AM
In the sun this morning it's says that caley have refused hibs permission to speak to malpas and marsella.

Yes I know it's the sun but thought of share.

Kato
07-11-2013, 08:14 AM
His words were along the lines of "Hibs are dead. Hearts have bought them over and they do not exist anymore."

A bit of a drama queen then?

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Panic over. Subdued at least.

It was the opinion of someone who knows TB.

Jim44
07-11-2013, 08:15 AM
In the sun this morning it's says that caley have refused hibs permission to speak to malpas and marsella.

Yes I know it's the sun but thought of share.

Does ICT stand for Inverness Canute Thistle?

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 08:16 AM
A bit of a drama queen then?

That's what my post said.

stokesmessiah
07-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Scotsman running a story about Butcher on the verge of signing - mentions the deal includes Malpas and the scout.

Kato
07-11-2013, 08:21 AM
That's what my post said.

It's great having someone like that around. Makes it all the more exciting.

Jack
07-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Panic over. Subdued at least.

It was the opinion of someone who knows TB.

Maybe he meant, in a wind up way, he wasn't moving house and family.

GloryGlory
07-11-2013, 08:29 AM

When I was living in London, he was the first person to phone me when Mercer tried to kill us.

It was one of the worst moments of my life supporting Hibs, I was in tears, but obviously, it was an exaggeration.

I didn't realise they had texting way back in the early 1990s! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 08:32 AM
It's great having someone like that around. Makes it all the more exciting.

True, but he's old enough so really should know better.

Best bit of drama queenism I've ever known was from my mate's son.

One evening when he was at primary school, he came stomping down the stairs in his house, threw the livingroom door open and angrily announced, "Someone's stolen my homework!" :faf:

http://bubhub.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/drama_queen1.jpg

I didn't realise they had texting way back in the early 1990s! :greengrin

I don't know who they are, or if they had texts then, but if you look closely at my post, I said he phoned me. :na na:

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 08:56 AM
Scotsman running a story about Butcher on the verge of signing - mentions the deal includes Malpas and the scout.

They have just been reading my posts :greengrin

spike220
07-11-2013, 08:59 AM
I asked this question on the techy forum a while back, and was told it was a compatibility issue. Click the A/A button in the top-right corner of the tool bar section of the "reply to thread" box, and that should fix it. Or at least, it did for me.

thanks

Look at this!!

WOW!!!

Do I have to press A/A each time I post??

spike220
07-11-2013, 09:01 AM
thanks

Look at this!!

WOW!!!

Do I have to press A/A each time I post??

Yes you do!!

Otherwise you have to put it all on one line!

Why did they change this????

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Yes you do!!

Otherwise you have to put it all on one line!

Why did they change this????

The

enter

button

works

perfectly

well

on

my

PC.

Speedway
07-11-2013, 09:06 AM

Hearts have bought us?

There goes my hopes of a Mowbray/Venus/Collins/Craig/Clarke/Stark/Strachan/McGhee/Proctor dream ticket.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Hearts have bought us?

There goes my hopes of a Mowbray/Venus/Collins/Craig/Clarke/Stark/Strachan/McGhee/Proctor dream ticket.

Not necessarily. :intheknowsmiley:

Speedway
07-11-2013, 09:15 AM
If it's any consolation, ICT have reportedly approached Kenny Shiels last night about the job so perhaps JN is going in the opposite direction?

In the meantime, if we really want to recoup the Butcher compo money, I'd recommend the following to be appointed as the match officials on Saturday.

1st Linesman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYA2q01-vp8#t=39

2nd Linesman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV4vR4gEI0c

SaulGoodman
07-11-2013, 09:16 AM
Not necessarily. :intheknowsmiley:

That's also what I've been hearing :noddingheadsmileythat showsiknowmystuff:

s.a.m
07-11-2013, 09:17 AM
The

enter

button

works

perfectly

well

on

my

PC.

I think the problem is specific to a particular version of IE.

brog
07-11-2013, 09:32 AM
True, but he's old enough so really should know better.

Best bit of drama queenism I've ever known was from my mate's son.

One evening when he was at primary school, he came stomping down the stairs in his house, threw the livingroom door open and angrily announced, "Someone's stolen my homework!" :faf:

http://bubhub.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/drama_queen1.jpg

I don't know who they are, or if they had texts then, but if you look closely at my post, I said he phoned me. :na na:

Think you've just had a whoosh moment! Nae wonder you believed that keek text! :agree:

Hibtastic
07-11-2013, 09:35 AM
How will this work? Will Inverness CT announce that he has left first or will Hibs break the news that he is the new manager first? I just want to know what webpage I should refresh over and over again at work today.

GloryGlory
07-11-2013, 09:38 AM
How will this work? Will Inverness CT announce that he has left first or will Hibs break the news that he is the new manager first? I just want to know what webpage I should refresh over and over again at work today.

Chick Dung will exclusively reveal it on BBC. Or not.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Think you've just had a whoosh moment! Nae wonder you believed that keek text! :agree:

Ha! You're right.

I realised after a bit, but I couldn't find my post to amend it because it had been merged for some reason.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/embarrassed/blushing.gif (http://www.sherv.net/emoticons.html)

steviej147
07-11-2013, 10:00 AM
your right in some aspects tc its a 2 year deal with 1 year option.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 10:02 AM
your right in some aspects tc its a 2 year deal with 1 year option.

Ah right, I'm happy with that to be fair.

California-Hibs
07-11-2013, 10:11 AM
What I don't get is we have some posters saying it'll be announced at 9am, 12pm, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Some papers saying nothing has been agreed, some saying terms have been agreed.

Same with Malpas, some papers saying yes some no.

I'm in no way an 'in the know' poster, but I just wish that it would be announced already if like so many have said, it's already a done deal. Someone said Scott Robertson said the team have been told it's Butcher and they'll meet him for the first training session on Monday, well what about us fans being told?!

I'm very apprehensive about this news as I think he'll be a fantastic manager for us!

Onion
07-11-2013, 10:18 AM
What I don't get is we have some posters saying it'll be announced at 9am, 12pm, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Some papers saying nothing has been agreed, some saying terms have been agreed.

I'm in no way an 'in the know' poster, but I just wish that it would be announced already if like so many have said, it's already a done deal. Someone said Scott Robertson said the team have been told it's Butcher and they'll meet him for the first training session on Monday, well what about us fans being told?!

I'm very apprehensive about this news as I think he'll be a fantastic manager for us!

This is all about papers and journos trying to be smart asses and pretend they have the inside scoop.

If he's fantastic for us, we'll hold onto him for 3 minutes before bigger clubs come calling. Doing a good steady job would be a nice change.

KeithTheHibby
07-11-2013, 10:22 AM
Just drove past ER, rather busy with cars and photographers...

nribs
07-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Just drove past ER, rather busy with cars and photographers...Somebody getting married? ?

Highland Hibby
07-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Somebody getting married? ?

Let's get down there for the scramble we can use it for the compensation

Peevemor
07-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Just drove past ER, rather busy with cars and photographers...

That's because they've heard that they'll get in free on Saturday.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 10:29 AM
Thatt's because they've heard that they'll get in free on Saturday.

:hilarious

:thumbsup:

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 10:37 AM
That's because they've heard that they'll get in free on Saturday.

:top marks

nribs
07-11-2013, 11:18 AM
Just been informed SSN are reporting that Butcher has returned to Inverness and Hibs haven't been given permission to talk to MM. Anybody watching it??

--------
07-11-2013, 11:19 AM
if the players don't lift the performance rates higher for the game on saturday then i think they are in for a few shocks Doddie, but i think they will already know that, i had no plans to go to the game after recent displays but i think i'l give them another chance to impress me :)

Hope springs eternal, hm? :wink:

Provided this IS a done deal and not just the biggest load of horse-feathers in living memory, and if the man's sitting in the stand looking on (though I wouldn't be surprised of he isn't), then the players ought to raise their game mightily or face the consequences.

Mind you, if they raise their game and WIN, that raises the question of why the freak they weren't doing it for Fenlon?

Aldo
07-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Just been informed SSN are reporting that Butcher has returned to Inverness and Hibs haven't been given permission to talk to MM. Anybody watching it??

Wtf are these reporters on. One minute he has permission the next minute he doesn't.

ICT chairman is playing a silly beggers game if true.

nribs
07-11-2013, 11:23 AM
Wtf are these reporters on. One minute he has permission the next minute he doesn't.

ICT chairman is playing a silly beggers game if true. Its Malpas that hasn't been given permission according to reports not Butcher

scoopyboy
07-11-2013, 11:24 AM

The players have not been told it's TB.

They weren't training as a unit yesterday but one or two were in for treatment on injuries, no sign or mention of TB having the job.

I'm not as convinced as others are that everything is cut and dried (no offence meant to others who have info to the contrary).

Andy74
07-11-2013, 11:25 AM

Sounds fine. First step will have been to agree deal with him and we can then agree the approach for all three.

Highland Hibby
07-11-2013, 11:26 AM

Just been on, exactly as you have just said.

Beefster
07-11-2013, 11:27 AM
This always happen when Rodders is in negotiations. No-one has a clue what's going on, the media are taking contradictory positions and Rodders is sitting quietly in an office somewhere staring down an agent and potential recruit.

Waxy
07-11-2013, 11:30 AM
I guess he'll be announced tomorrow for maximum exposure.

Flanny boy
07-11-2013, 11:31 AM
That's right it's malpas hibs can't talk to
butcher back in the highlands to make a
decision according to Ssn

jacomo

ICT chairman is playing a silly beggers game if true.

Its Malpas that hasn't been given permission according to reports not Butcher

And I can imagine Rod balking at bringing TB's backroom staff to Hibs too.

As far as I can see, TB holds all the cards here. ICT will let him go (for the right compensation) and we want him. If he wants Malpas and the scout to join him he should hold out for that and not let Rod talk him out of it.

Golden Bear
Looks like there will be no imminent announcement but hopefully the deal is still very much alive.

:hyper:

Highland Hibby
07-11-2013, 11:36 AM
It's the whole management team that have done the job at ICT I would be quite disappointed if it was only TB that came.

stevejordan
07-11-2013, 11:38 AM
Looks like there will be no imminent announcement but hopefully the deal is still very much alive.

:hyper:

It seems to be dragging on a bit is there a Plan B anyone heard any other potential candidates ?

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-11-2013, 11:41 AM
It's the whole management team that have done the job at ICT I would be quite disappointed if it was only TB that came.

I would agree, IF he comes (and according to reporters its still a huge if) i reckon it will be with the whole mob.

If Petrie is not moving with the backroom staff i think Butcher might tell him to bolt.

Fingers crossed, was hoping this would be announced today but obviously not.

At the moment, i'm in the pessimist camp.

bingo70
07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
Can't say I'm really arsed either way. I think his reputation on here is far higher than it should be considering what he's achieved as a manager but in saying that if he does get the job I'm happy enough to look positively on his record at caley and hope for the best.

Plenty other good managers out there if we don't get butcher.

nribs
07-11-2013, 11:42 AM
It seems to be dragging on a bit is there a Plan B anyone heard any other potential candidates ? The guy on the BBC said Craig Levein was a definate candidate so it must be true.

Hibbylad86
07-11-2013, 11:46 AM
TheCat23.....your need to have a word with your sources!

Admins - get him binned!!

steakbake
07-11-2013, 11:47 AM
First up, would be delighted if TB did actually come to Hibs.

That said, is anyone else a bit mystified as to why there doesn't appear to be a bit more of a longer process - see who else in the football world (and not from just within the Scottish football goldfish bowl) is interested and going from there?

It feels like Butcher was the immediate person we've turned to without there being a bit more of a process of weighing up who else is interested. If you're headhunting someone without there being a recruitment process, then surely that puts a lot of the cards into the applicants hand... kind of a "if you're interested, how interested...?"

Seems to me the club has been reading the Fenlon Out Butcher In threads too much...

Or is it just that football is very different from pretty much any business on the planet?

IanM
07-11-2013, 11:50 AM
Sky Sports understands Inverness boss Terry Butcher has returned home to consider an offer to take over as the new manager of Hibernian.

The former Rangers and England defender met with Easter Road chairman Rod Petrie on Wedneseday after being given permission to discuss the position vacated by Pat Fenlon last week.

Butcher, who previously managed Coventry, Sunderland and Motherwell, and turned down advances from Barnsley earlier this year, has been in charge at Caley Thistle since January 2009.

It is believed he is keen to take his backroom team of Maurice Malpas and Steve Marsella with him but Hibernian are refusing to comment on an issue which may be resolved by a compensation package.

Speaking earlier this week, Inverness chairman Kenny Cameron said: "Terry has been informed of the situation and has expressed an interest in meeting with Hibs officials.

"The club has, with great reluctance, granted him permission to do so. We will, however, continue to do everything possible to ensure that Terry remains our manager."

In a twist of fate, Inverness travel to the capital on Saturday to face a Hibernian side under the guidance of Jimmy Nicholl, who took charge of the side following Fenlon's departure.

haha why would they comment?

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 11:51 AM
TheCat23.....your need to have a word with your sources!

Admins - get him binned!!

I think I do as well. Although he's still telling me it's done! I'll kill him if this falls through :greengrin He's always spot on though so I am finding this a bit strange.

Purehibee_MYB
07-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Never simple with Hibs is it :rolleyes:

EH6 Hibby
07-11-2013, 11:54 AM
haha why would they comment?

Hibs never do, unless anything is official.

Fat Penlon
07-11-2013, 11:55 AM
So if he doesn't take the job by tomorrow will ICT expect him to be in the dugout for them on Saturday?

:confused:

Seveno
07-11-2013, 11:55 AM
I just hope that Rod isn't going to screw it all up by refusing to pay for the whole TB team.

Is he that stupid that he doesn't realise that the success comes from the whole package ?

scott7_0(Prague)
07-11-2013, 11:58 AM
Forth1 reporting talks went well with TB... more to follow on the 1pm Sport News

SteveHFC
07-11-2013, 11:59 AM
I think I do as well. Although he's still telling me it's done! I'll kill him if this falls through :greengrin He's always spot on though so I am finding this a bit strange.

Admins can't believe this clown has not been banned yet ;) :faf:

Never simple with Hibs is it :rolleyes:

Take it we have to cancel the Welcome to Hibs Terry Butcher party then :( :cb

The Sea-gull
07-11-2013, 12:00 PM
He won't be able to mull over it for long. Surely ICT will want him to commit to them before he takes the team against us on Sat?

If I was their chairman and he didn't commit to them by the end of the day today then I would look at giving him some time off this weekend.

PapillonVert
07-11-2013, 12:04 PM
He won't be able to mull over it for long. Surely ICT will want him to commit to them before he takes the team against us on Sat?

If I was their chairman and he didn't commit to them by the end of the day today then I would look at giving him some time off this weekend.

I wonder if he has gone back to Inverness out of politeness so that he can tell Kenny Cameron face to face that he would like to accept the Hibs' offer?

Or am I being too optimistic?

Spike Mandela

We do tend to get ahead of ourselves. Hibs of course have said nothing officially yet about an appointment.:agree:

Thecat23
Right who are my doubters so I can block you all :greengrin

He's coming relax people :cb

WestEndHibee
Right who are my doubters so I can block you all http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/greengrin2.gif

He's coming relax peoplehttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/cowboy.gif

:troll:

Steve20
07-11-2013, 12:05 PM
So if he doesn't take the job by tomorrow will ICT expect him to be in the dugout for them on Saturday?

:confused:

Unless anything changes in the next two days, he's still Inverness manager, so I'd imagine he would be in charge of them on Saturday.

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 12:06 PM
Of course he has gone back to Inverness, that is where he lives, he may have to talk to his assistants and see if they want to come, knowing what Hibs want will have a big influence on whether Hibs get the complete team, if they don't then I don't think big Tell will come.. Plus I am sure his wife will have a say in all this .

Peevemor
07-11-2013, 12:07 PM
He's gone back to Snecky as he's run out of clean kegs & socks.

FACT!

The Harp Awakes
07-11-2013, 12:08 PM
I just hope that Rod isn't going to screw it all up by refusing to pay for the whole TB team.

Is he that stupid that he doesn't realise that the success comes from the whole package ?

I suspect the issue may be the level of compo for the backroom staff in addition to the compo for TB. The BBC were estimating TB's compo at ~£200k the other day so you could be looking at total compo of ~£300-400k which would be a fair amount of dosh for Hibs.

Wee Scottie Dug
07-11-2013, 12:08 PM
a bit of perspective needed here (dare I say as usual:greengrin ) .......

All Sky is reporting (via Luke Shanley at east mains) is that talks were held yesterday/today and that TB has returned either home or to inverness to consider his options(they think). They also stated that newspaper reports were the source for the MM/permission issue (if there is one!)

Its all really speculation from them , but I'd imagine TB would want to inform his employers at ICT of his decision as the next step in the process closely followed by statements from both clubs hopefully ICT announcing he has left followed by our announcement of the appointment.

:flag:

PapillonVert
07-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Of course he has gone back to Inverness, that is where he lives, he may have to talk to his assistants and see if they want to come, knowing what Hibs want will have a big influence on whether Hibs get the complete team, if they don't then I don't think big Tell will come.. Plus I am sure his wife will have a say in all this .

Maybe he's away home to pick up his good suit for the offficial unveiling? :greengrin

Andy74
I wonder if he has gone back to Inverness out of politeness so that he can tell Kenny Cameron face to face that he would like to accept the Hibs' offer?

Or he is just going home as all the taking for him is done and dusted.

Now it's done Rod will go back to ICT in a clear position to barter for the release of the other two.

Job done by this evening or tomorrow.

Due to playing them at the weekend I doubt we will get the pictures taken and so on until Monday.

SteveHFC
Right who are my doubters so I can block you all :greengrin

He's coming relax people :cb

:jmcp:

You are starting to disappointment me mate :(

Callum_62
He has went back home....ummm, isnt that what usually happens?

I doubt Rod offered to put him up for free! :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-11-2013, 12:10 PM

No he doesn't, he lives in Bridge of Allan.

GloryGlory
07-11-2013, 12:11 PM

If TB decides not to come, this will be the reason put forward by all those lucky people who seem to have an open line to RP's thoughts and deeds. That, and RP will probably have phoned TB on his mobile on the way back to the Hielands (before TB even reaches the Forth Road Bridge) and try to get him to take a pay cut before he even starts.

FACT!

He has went back home....ummm, isnt that what usually happens?

I doubt Rod offered to put him up for free! :greengrin

He offered one of the benches in the changing room at East Mains for TB to kip on and promised only to deduct a fiver from TB's first wage packet. FACT! :greengrin

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 12:12 PM
I suspect the issue may be the level of compo for the backroom staff in addition to the compo for TB. The BBC were estimating TB's compo at ~£200k the other day so you could be looking at total compo of ~£300-400k which would be a fair amount of dosh for Hibs.

For 6 months of his remaining contract ..I don't think so.. Plus his assistant and scout could just resign .. With no comeback whatsoever.

No he doesn't, he lives in Bridge of Allan.

He has a house there .. But lives in Inverness just now !

Craig_in_Prague
07-11-2013, 12:13 PM
he's away home to get his dog and then is returning in a helicopter with malpas in his suitcase.
FACT.

The Gorf
07-11-2013, 12:18 PM
It's all down to one last issue........... Can TB claim for the suppers after away games on expenses.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 12:18 PM

I don't think he's stupid in the slightest.

The Harp Awakes
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
For 6 months of his remaining contract ..I don't think so.. Plus his assistant and scout could just resign .. With no comeback whatsoever.

The compo figures will be based on what's in their contracts with room for negotiation no doubt. The BBC were just speculating but I agree £200k for TB seems a bit high. Whatever the figure involved, there's no doubt Rod will play hard ball though.

Heedersnvolleys
07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
If Petrie is not moving with the backroom staff i think Butcher might tell him to bolt.

If Petrie is not moving on the back room staff he can bolt. Even from a far most people can see that it is the back room team that has made ICT succesful not one man!

To counter that I get the feeling it is the ICT board that is not moving on the back room staff

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 12:21 PM

If he does sign for us, I think that's exactly what would, and should, happen.

He'll also want to tell his players face to face rather than allow them to hear about it in the media.

Heisenberg
07-11-2013, 12:21 PM
If TB is keen to sign for us and the ICT board are playing hard ball over the rest of the staff surely they can just resign to make it happen?

Andy74
07-11-2013, 12:24 PM
If TB is keen to sign for us and the ICT board are playing hard ball over the rest of the staff surely they can just resign to make it happen?

There's no evidence that is is an issue.

The process seems straight enough. Agree with Butcher that he wants to come and who he wants working with him then go back to ICT and agree deal for them. It's only been reported that there is no deal for them yet not that we've tried and failed to get a deal for them.

Corstorphine Hibby
07-11-2013, 12:24 PM
The compo figures will be based on what's in their contracts with room for negotiation no doubt. The BBC were just speculating but I agree £200k for TB seems a bit high. Whatever the figure involved, there's no doubt Rod will play hard ball though.

Can TB and his backroom staff not just resign ? Or is that too simplistic?

brog
07-11-2013, 12:26 PM
a bit of perspective needed here (dare I say as usual:greengrin ) .......

All Sky is reporting (via Luke Shanley at east mains) is that talks were held yesterday/today and that TB has returned either home or to inverness to consider his options(they think). They also stated that newspaper reports were the source for the MM/permission issue (if there is one!)

Its all really speculation from them , but I'd imagine TB would want to inform his employers at ICT of his decision as the next step in the process closely followed by statements from both clubs hopefully ICT announcing he has left followed by our announcement of the appointment.

:flag:

I think you're spot on, this is just normal process. Re rest of management team IMO this is just ICT trying to get best deal they can, just as we would! I remain extremely optimistic.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Can TB and his backroom staff not just resign ? Or is that too simplistic?

I really don't think there's an issue.

I have never heard of an assistant manager being forced to stay against his wishes after the main man has gone.

Speedway
07-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Can't say I'm really arsed either way. I think his reputation on here is far higher than it should be considering what he's achieved as a manager but in saying that if he does get the job I'm happy enough to look positively on his record at caley and hope for the best.

Plenty other good managers out there if we don't get butcher.

Is Butcher ICT's Mowbray as far as their fans and players are concerned?

If so, he'd want to say his goodbyes properly since he signed their entire squad.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 12:31 PM
I think he's heading up to say goodbye and that he's taken the job. Seems a decent guy and prob wants to do it face to face rather than through the media. Also hoping he's telling a few that he'll be in for them in Jan.

AndyM_1875
07-11-2013, 12:31 PM

I have never heard of an assistant manager being forced to stay against his wishes after the main man has gone.

They never are. Remember Andy Watson took the Hibs team for a match with Motherwell after McLeish went to Rangers. Watson joined up soon afterwards.
Malpas will probably take the ICT team on Saturday and join up with Butcher afterwards.

Heisenberg
07-11-2013, 12:32 PM
@InvCourier: Terry Butcher at Caley Thistle today but did not take training. No word from the club yet.

Also noticed Malpas is doing the pre game press stuff.

Hibee87
07-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Or he is just going home as all the taking for him is done and dusted.

Now it's done Rod will go back to ICT in a clear position to barter for the release of the other two.

Job done by this evening or tomorrow.

Due to playing them at the weekend I doubt we will get the pictures taken and so on until Monday.

I would say if Butcher is coming it MUST be announced before Sat's game, otherwise he would be in the inverness dug out.

Would think the picture of him at E.M, as you say, wont be till monday but the official announcment has to be either today or tomorrow

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 12:39 PM
I think he'll say goodbye to the players at training tomorrow and then head down to ER to be announced as the next manager to fail Hibs.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :tin hat:

GloryGlory
07-11-2013, 12:42 PM

No, neither do I. The worst case scenario is that Malpas and co have to see out their contracts, which I assume have the same end date as TB's and join Hibs at the end of the season. In the meantime, I am sure TB and JN can work together, they've done so before.

This situation also wouldn't suit ICT, surely? They would want to get a new management team in as soon as possible.

Again, what is the point of making Malpas stay, unless they wish to offer him the manager's job?

Fife-Hibee
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
SSN going to east mains for live update soon !

TheFamous1875
07-11-2013, 12:47 PM
SSN going to east mains for live update soon !

Ditto!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

southsider
07-11-2013, 12:49 PM
No, neither do I. The worst case scenario is that Malpas and co have to see out their contracts, which I assume have the same end date as TB's and join Hibs at the end of the season. In the meantime, I am sure TB and JN can work together, they've done so before.

This situation also wouldn't suit ICT, surely? They would want to get a new management team in as soon as possible.

Again, what is the point of making Malpas stay, unless they wish to offer him the manager's job?

They can just resign from their jobs and the compo package gets settled by a tribuneral.

Heisenberg
07-11-2013, 12:49 PM
Poor tie choice from Luke Shanley. Malpas has supposedly said its up to TB to decide what he does and no fans can complain if he wants to take the job. He currently has no decision to make as Hibs dont have permission to talk to him.

Stevie Reid
07-11-2013, 12:51 PM

:agree:

Malpas will surely want to know what the deal is. If they don't want him as manager then the only other argument is that they want him as part of the new coaching staff, but that would reduce their options with regards to getting a new manager in. If there's a chance that MM may be out of a job in the next few months, he'll certainly want to find out.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 12:51 PM
SSN just reporting what's already been covered.

Speedway
07-11-2013, 12:55 PM
I'll tell you what, I've just been down the gym and my t1ts are killing me.

Hibernia Na Eir
07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
I would say if Butcher is coming it MUST be announced before Sat's game, otherwise he would be in the inverness dug out.

Would think the picture of him at E.M, as you say, wont be till monday but the official announcment has to be either today or tomorrow

official photos such as new signings are usually taken at ER not EM.....sorry for being picky!

jacomo
07-11-2013, 01:04 PM
They can just resign from their jobs and the compo package gets settled by a tribuneral.

Sounds serious! Do they argue about the money until someone dies?

:wink:

Speedway
07-11-2013, 01:07 PM
Rod has offered TB a company car as part of the package.

http://www.wehostdns.net/clio-ebay/renault_clio.html

Brightside
07-11-2013, 01:09 PM
Unless anything changes in the next two days, he's still Inverness manager, so I'd imagine he would be in charge of them on Saturday.

He will 100% NOT be in charge of Caley on Saturday.

southsider
07-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Sounds serious! Do they argue about the money until someone dies?

:wink:

Rod would.....before, during and after lol.

Purehibee_MYB
07-11-2013, 01:12 PM

Flags are folded, Disco ball strapped to my back, just need the flares and we are ready at a moments notice :wink:

hibsitis
07-11-2013, 01:22 PM
RP has too much credibility at stake to make a mess of this. The BBC reporting earlier that terms had been agreed presumably was because this was tied up via his agent before the official approach was made. The only uncertainty will be ICT's compensation. I suspect TB has been going through the motions of negotiation to make it appear things are being done 'properly' and, if compensation is agreed, the announcement will be before Saturday and TB won't be in either dugout.

CB_NO3
07-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Malpas wont be saying too much. He might even be in contention for the managers jobs at ICT. I would happily take Butcher and Marsella if it came to the crunch. Marsella is a highly regarded scout/coach.

Jack
07-11-2013, 01:26 PM

Try the companies internet fair usage page!

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-11-2013, 01:28 PM
It seems to be dragging on a bit is there a Plan B anyone heard any other potential candidates ?

There is indeed a Plan B, his name is Ben! :greengrin

lucky
07-11-2013, 01:28 PM
If TB knocks back us this board will explode, I would also think that RP would be finished.

yerauldda
07-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Malpas wont be saying too much. He might even be in contention for the managers jobs at ICT. I would happily take Butcher and Marsella if it came to the crunch. Marsella is a highly regarded scout/coach.

can do a job at left back too!

southsider
07-11-2013, 01:30 PM
This is dragging on longer than a Hibs game under Fenlon (or does it just seem like that).

Jack
07-11-2013, 01:30 PM

A classic example of why Hibs don't normally even mention stuff until it, whatever it is, is signed sealed and delivered.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 01:32 PM
If TB knocks back us this board will explode, I would also think that RP would be finished.

He hasn't though. :greengrin

GreenCastle
07-11-2013, 01:33 PM

:agree:

I've been told TB has agreed to come - the finer details of who comes with him are slowing things down - plus he wants to leave on good terms with ICT.

He will be in the stands on Saturday.

RP wouldn't have allowed it on the website and he would come in for severe stick if this didn't happen now - basically if TM had turned it down - then the next manager would have been 2nd choice!!

I really hope they sort the back room staff out though as Malpas and the scout are keep components to success.

yerauldda
07-11-2013, 01:34 PM

I really hope you're right TC! If not I fear for you on this board :greengrin

GloryGlory
07-11-2013, 01:34 PM
There is indeed a Plan B, his name is Ben! :greengrin

Ben the hoose? :dunno::wink:

hibees 7062
07-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Ben the hoose? :dunno::wink:

Ben the lobby :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
07-11-2013, 01:38 PM

In TheCat we trust! :flag:

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 01:38 PM
I really hope you're right TC! If not I fear for you on this board :greengrin

So do I :greengrin

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 01:42 PM

Ah nothing wrong with a bit of pussy bashing :wink:

green glory
07-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Ah nothing wrong with a bit of pussy bashing :wink:

Ben Dover?

CRAZYHIBBY
07-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Cant ever remember any of our previous managers going away to mull things over

sleeping giant
07-11-2013, 02:00 PM

I would imagine he is saying his goodbyes face to face like any decent human

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 02:03 PM

And, as far as I can remember, the only people who were in situ with another club were Yogi and McLeish.

Which ones were we so aware of, so early in the process?

We usually wouldn't have known that TB was even in the frame if it hadn't been for the BBC.

Butcher has gone back to tell his chairman and players face to face out of respect for a club he has been with for 4 years and with whom he has built a close relationship.

I would expect nothing less.

Bobby's Cinema
07-11-2013, 02:05 PM
Are we getting carried away with the importance of the background team? Maybe slightly, although I hope if it is to be TB he can bring who he wants. The new manager will have this group of players to work with for the time being.

silverhibee
07-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Now all very quiet at ER, no camera men or tv media anymore.

Source. Me

Does Rod drive a black Merc.?

southsider
07-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I wiil never forget his first time at ER. But we move on and i think he could be a real fine manager at our club. The Jurgen Klopp Edinburgh !

Geo_1875
07-11-2013, 02:12 PM
I wiil never forget his first time at ER. But we move on and i think he could be a real fine manager at our club. The Jurgen Flopp of Edinburgh !

As opposed to Jurgen Doon.

Spike Mandela
07-11-2013, 02:13 PM
This is dragging on longer than a Hibs game under Fenlon (or does it just seem like that).

It's only six days since Fenlon resigned.:confused:

TRC
07-11-2013, 02:14 PM

Source. Me

last i I heard is he drives a Porsche 4*4 but often has run a rounds in other cars

Brightside
07-11-2013, 02:14 PM

Source. Me

That's mine. I'm just going in to pick up another ticket for Sat. :flag:

Geo_1875
07-11-2013, 02:15 PM

I don't see why. RP makes an offer and it's either accepted or knocked back. What more can the guy be expected to do?

HibbyAndy
07-11-2013, 02:20 PM
just been speaking to scott Robertson and he says they have just been told its a done deal and butcher is meeting the team tomorrow but not taking training till Monday, malpas has agreed to come to us aswell but there scout was not mentioned.

Well according to Robertson in the paper he sais the players know nowt!

Persevere80
07-11-2013, 02:22 PM

Source. Me

Seen him in the summer driving a black porsche 4x4

Hibtastic
07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
last i I heard is he drives a Porsche 4*4 but often has run a rounds in other cars

That's more like it. I was shocked to see Pat Fenlon driving a Vauxhall Insignia in one of the video clips of him leaving ER for the last time...

Hibee87
07-11-2013, 02:26 PM

Yip I sawe him at kinnaird park a month or 2 back and he was in a porsche 4x4

Posh Swanny
07-11-2013, 02:27 PM
It's only six days since Fenlon resigned.:confused:

So not quite as long as a Fenlon game yet then!

Ireallywasthere
07-11-2013, 02:31 PM
Apparently there will be no official announcement until Monday. He will not be in either dugout on Saturday.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Jim44
07-11-2013, 02:31 PM

That's my interpretation of the 'Malpas' problem. If Butcher were to knock us back because he couldn't bring Malpas and Marsella, he probably wasn't worth having in the first place. Butcher, JN and Brownlie sounds fine to me.

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
That's my interpretation of the 'Malpas' problem. If Butcher were to knock us back because he couldn't bring Malpas and Marsella, he probably wasn't worth having in the first place. Butcher, JN and Brownlie sounds fine to me.

That is very harsh, when you have a very good team who work well together, you don't want to lose them .. So I can appreciate his position..

Purehibee_MYB
07-11-2013, 02:42 PM
Apparently there will be no official announcement until Monday. He will not be in either dugout on Saturday.

Would be a strange one if true. Not sure why both teams would want it to appear left in limbo. Neither fans would be happy.

Jim44
07-11-2013, 02:48 PM
That is very harsh, when you have a very good team who work well together, you don't want to lose them .. So I can appreciate his position..

So if he doesn't come for that very reason you will be the epitome of reason and understanding?

Golden Bear
07-11-2013, 02:49 PM
Would be a strange one if true. Not sure why both teams would want it to appear left in limbo. Neither fans would be happy.

Hibs issued a statement earlier in the week saying that Jimmy Nicholl was requested to prepare the squad for Saturday's game. I'm guessing that TB would like to inform the Inverness squad in person of his decision and if he is coming to us then its perfectly understandable that he'll not be in either dug out on Saturday.

Saorsa
07-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Source. Me

Does Rod drive a black Merc.?Going by the post below yours, looks like you've thrown the stones at the wrong car then. :agree:

:greengrin

Aldo
07-11-2013, 02:54 PM

.netters are on yur case mate.

SteveHFC
07-11-2013, 02:58 PM
.netters are on yur case mate.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XC05mFCVaO0/UHU9eLRUqaI/AAAAAAAAAdw/bfo0iCxkfr0/s1600/Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png:greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Bet he mulls it over and hinks "naahh".....Kin see this aw gaun pearshaped.

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 03:03 PM
So if he doesn't come for that very reason you will be the epitome of reason and understanding?

In a way yes, as there is a lot more to life than money .. Working where you like the people you work with and are appreciated counts for a huge amount.

Wilson
07-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Probably done and dusted. Out of courtesy there will be nothing official until after the game at the weekend. Makes sense. No bedwetting required.

hfc rd
07-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Probably done and dusted. Out of courtesy there will be nothing official until after the game at the weekend. Makes sense. No bedwetting required.

I personally think that is the case as well.

WestEndHibee
07-11-2013, 03:08 PM

Not good enough! :bitchy:

Petrie's had a shocker.

A monday night will not be conducive for a big party attendance.

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 03:11 PM
Seen him in the summer driving a black porsche 4x4

:grr::grr:

http://www.carpictures.com/pics/full/03I7B484700831B/Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo-dark-green-metallic-2004-03I7B484700831B.jpeg

That's an announcement. :agree:

SteveHFC
07-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Not good enough! :bitchy:

Petrie's had a shocker.

A monday night will not be conducive for a big party attendance.

Petrie GTF :greengrin

Steve20
07-11-2013, 03:13 PM

Surely it makes more sense to announce it before the game. If Butcher isn't in charge of Inverness at the weekend, then it's clear he's taking over so what would be the point in delaying the announcement.

HibbyAndy
07-11-2013, 03:13 PM
If he aint in the ICT dugoot Saturday he is hibs manager far as am concerned.

greenlex
07-11-2013, 03:17 PM
If he aint in the ICT dugoot Saturday he is hibs manager far as am concerned.This :agree:

scuttle
07-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Might be in the Middlesbrough dugout Andy

silverhibee
07-11-2013, 03:21 PM
Going by the post below yours, looks like you've thrown the stones at the wrong car then. :agree:

:greengrin

:thumbsup:

Hibee87
07-11-2013, 03:23 PM

As would everyone else, including the media. This is why i fully expect it to be announced tomorrow if he is or isint coming.

Andy74
07-11-2013, 03:23 PM
Surely it makes more sense to announce it before the game. If Butcher isn't in charge of Inverness at the weekend, then it's clear he's taking over so what would be the point in delaying the announcement.

Yep, it would be counter productive to say nothing and yet he's not there.

hibees 7062
07-11-2013, 03:40 PM
:grr::grr:

http://www.carpictures.com/pics/full/03I7B484700831B/Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo-dark-green-metallic-2004-03I7B484700831B.jpeg

That's an announcement. :agree:

TCs ones ready if it falls through :grr::flying:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG2Xq9TAZr6FFq59HrYU5HGPmxQXRYh 9mWnV6QrWv1cmWoyZb0Sg

God Petrie
07-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Has anyone noticed how TheCat is similar to "Le Chat" the famous kickback twat. This is all starting to make sense....

Jim44
07-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Has anyone noticed how TheCat is similar to "Le Chat" the famous kickback twat. This is all starting to make sense....

......... A catastrophe even. :-)

brian6-2
07-11-2013, 03:52 PM

thecat's a yam. ban him. :agree:

PapillonVert
07-11-2013, 04:02 PM
......... A catastrophe even. :-)

It is, categorically....

scoopyboy
07-11-2013, 04:03 PM

And if he is in the ICT dugoot it is fair to say he isn't going to be our manager.

All eyes on the dugoot?

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 04:06 PM

Oi never associate me with any of those tramps! I might talk *****, but it's classy *****!!!

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Anyway, to many folk worrying, Rod has this in the bag TRUST ME!

HibbyAndy
07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
And if he is in the ICT dugoot it is fair to say he isn't going to be our manager.

All eyes on the dugoot?

All eyes oan the dugoot :greengrin

Tho id be hoping its announced the morn.

s.a.m
07-11-2013, 04:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ILPl5FQaM

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 04:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1ILPl5FQaM

Look into my eyes? Not around my eyes.. Straight into them!!

B.H.F.C
07-11-2013, 04:16 PM

What you hearing about the back room team?

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 04:21 PM
What you hearing about the back room team?

That TB and back room team will take over. The agent who told me hasn't flinched since last Monday that it's done! He's never wrong that's why I'm sticking my neck out saying that it's all agreed and he's saying goodbye. If we weren't playing them I'm 100% certain Hibs would have this confirmed.

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 04:22 PM
That TB and back room team will take over. The agent who told me hasn't flinched since last Monday that it's done! He's never wrong that's why I'm sticking my neck out saying that it's all agreed and he's saying goodbye. If we weren't playing them I'm 100% certain Hibs would have this confirmed.

Well I hope you are correct otherwise there will be a pussy hunt on this board :wink:

hibees 7062
07-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Look into my eyes? Not around my eyes.. Straight into them!!

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKlWfQbs0Wtm1FNUE8w8XHw7kO4bUfF 3SWGKMS68WOZlfrDzGc

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 04:23 PM
I heard today that he is indeed the new manager. He will resign tomorrow and start with hibs on Monday. The sticking point was the game on Saturday v caley as he didn't want to be at Easter rd in either dug out or the stand as he didn't think it was morally right. So if he resigns tomorrow he will effectively be unemployed Saturday and Sunday and start fresh with hibs on Monday.

Don't shoot messenger folks. Source is someone with inside connection at ER.

Hibs History
07-11-2013, 04:25 PM
I heard today that he is indeed the new manager. He will resign tomorrow and start with hibs on Monday. The sticking point was the game on Saturday v caley as he didn't want to be at Easter rd in either dug out or the stand as he didn't think it was morally right. So if he resigns tomorrow he will effectively be unemployed Saturday and Sunday and start fresh with hibs on Monday.

Any word on the rest of the management staff

Assistant Manager, Scouts, Coaches etc

Hibs90
07-11-2013, 04:26 PM
So many people coming out with sources eh!

Bet you are all wrong. :wink:

TheFamous1875

Any news on Malpass, et al?

Hermit Crab
Any word on the rest of the management staff

Assistant Manager, Scouts, Coaches etc

I'll send off a text and see what comes back. No mention of them when I spoke to the person earlier.

jacomo
07-11-2013, 04:38 PM

Seems plausible.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Well I hope you are correct otherwise there will be a pussy hunt on this board :wink:

I know I'm right though ;)

GreenCastle
07-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Malpas speaks...

What a strange interview! Seems like a guy who won't take any nonsense from players :agree:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/inverness/247575-maurice-malpas-reluctant-over-future-of-inverness-ct-management-team/

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 04:40 PM
Any news on Malpass, et al?

Got a reply and it says just butcher at the moment. Malpas and marsella can't come until Petrie decides what to do with Nichol. However they will come eventually. That's the reply I got lads. Not saying its true, just thought id share with you.

cabbageandribs1875
07-11-2013, 04:43 PM

unless jimmy nicholl's team batter caley 7-0 and RP changes his mind

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 04:48 PM
unless jimmy nicholl's team batter caley 7-0 and RP changes his mind

Aye. Very good.

HibeeMG
07-11-2013, 04:48 PM
Malpas speaks...

What a strange interview! Seems like a guy who won't take any nonsense from players :agree:

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/inverness/247575-maurice-malpas-reluctant-over-future-of-inverness-ct-management-team/

5 handicap. Very decent. He's announced it on TV now so he'll not be able to bandit our golf days.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Butcher aswell as Malpas and the scout please, Rod:agree:

hibsbollah
07-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Butchers got a ****ing cheek 'pondering' our offer :grr: He should be down his knees thanking the lord (and Rod) that he has the chance to move up in the world.

Steven_Hibs
07-11-2013, 04:54 PM
"Terry misses training sometimes through other things he has to do."

Oh oh, hope he turns up at East Mains more often than calderwood did

hibees 7062
07-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Malpas speaks...

whether I go, don't go,, that's really nothing to do with me."

Hows that work then ?

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Malpas speaks...

Thought that was a brilliant interview, gave absolutely nothing away, trained by Rod methinks :greengrin

Ireallywasthere
07-11-2013, 04:59 PM

Don't shoot messenger folks. Source is someone with inside connection at ER.thats exactly what I have heard

Mikey
07-11-2013, 05:00 PM
"Terry misses training sometimes through other things he has to do."

Oh oh, hope he turns up at East Mains more often than calderwood did

Petrie said that CC was always at East Mains when he was supposed to be, despite still living down south.

Don't believe everything you hear :wink:

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 05:02 PM
Butchers got a ****ing cheek 'pondering' our offer :grr: He should be down his knees thanking the lord Rod that he has the chance to move up in the world.

I've fixed that for you.

He's pondering nowt. He's already signed, imo.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 05:07 PM
thats exactly what I have heard

Certainly seems the most plausible explanation to me.

HibeeEmma
07-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Malpas speaks...

Awful interview. Stick to the backroom stuff Maurice

Peevemor
07-11-2013, 05:11 PM
whether I go, don't go,, that's really nothing to do with me."

Hows that work then ?

I'm more concerned about the moon getting closer! :panic:

Andy74
07-11-2013, 05:12 PM
Is he suggesting the moon might be getting a bit closer?!

greenlex
07-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Is he suggesting the moon might be getting a bit closer?!Ive heard its already signed and we are just waiting on the fishul announcement.

Hibs7
07-11-2013, 05:16 PM

Nah, just not taking the blame for it if it does :greengrin

Hibbyradge
07-11-2013, 05:20 PM

Speculation, Peevster, it's just speculation.

Spike Mandela
07-11-2013, 05:20 PM
Malpas speaks...

Ha ha. His patter is gauping!:faf: doesn't seem the sort to mess with in training either.:cb

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 05:26 PM

Isn't the moon actually drifting further away?

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 05:27 PM

Indeed it is.

Robinho08
07-11-2013, 05:30 PM
I've got a funny feeling this may fall through. Though theCat23 makes me think I'm most likely wrong.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 05:35 PM
Indeed it is.

At least that's a fact I have right :D

I've got a funny feeling this may fall through. Though theCat23 makes me think I'm most likely wrong.

Loads of paper work etc needs to be done. All loose ends tied up. It will be announced soon enough. Butcher is the type of guy who seems honest and wants to head up and wish his "former" team all the best for the rest of the season.

snooky
07-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Indeed it is.

It's getting harder by the day for players to be over it ;-)

Robinho08
07-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Loads of paper work etc needs to be done. All loose ends tied up. It will be announced soon enough. Butcher is the type of guy who seems honest and wants to head up and wish his "former" team all the best for the rest of the season.

Fair play mate. Will take your word for it.

Peevemor
07-11-2013, 05:39 PM

Indeed it is.

:panic:

gramskiwood
07-11-2013, 05:39 PM

I think it's moving away at the same rate your finger nails grow.

Aldo
07-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Thought this was a Terry Butcher thread not bloody astronomy from our .net budding Patrick Moore's. Tsk tsk

I shake my head
(Can you no hear the sound)

;-)

SMAXXA
07-11-2013, 05:40 PM
He was at EM today but didnt meet the players I believe, looking around by all accounts.

Peevemor
07-11-2013, 05:41 PM

What - like faster when it's sunny! :panic:

Saturdays Hero
07-11-2013, 05:41 PM

Butcher will be the next manager 100%.

Thecat23
07-11-2013, 05:48 PM

Haha, liked that :D

Gustavo Fring
07-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Butcher will be the next manager 100%.

what makes you so sure ? you must be either rod or terry im guessin

The_Horde
07-11-2013, 06:02 PM
Ive heard its already signed and we are just waiting on the fishul announcement.

I've heard the moon has signed but the we're too far apart with the sun at the moment.

Hermit Crab
07-11-2013, 06:22 PM
;3799813']I've heard the moon has signed but the we're too far apart with the sun at the moment.

Alfie moon. ;)

At least that's a fact I have right :D

Ah but you don't get the scoop for this one. Professor Brian Cox takes the credit. :D

blackpoolhibs
07-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Its off.

Its that hot in here iv'e taken my jumper off.

Speedway
07-11-2013, 06:27 PM
I've read what hermit posted on this thread so can confirm that my info is 100% consistent with his.

hibbymick
07-11-2013, 06:39 PM
looks a good deal

http://www.terrysbutchers.co.uk/index.php

nribs
07-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Well guys it's official :) :) it's official that nothing has been made official :)

looks a good deal

http://www.terrysbutchers.co.uk/index.php brilliant :)

GreenCastle
07-11-2013, 07:01 PM
He was at EM today but didnt meet the players I believe, looking around by all accounts.

What do the media do all day?!! Surely they should be camping outside East Mains looking for a story :greengrin

Windy day to look around East Mains which is usually windy on a normal day :cool2:

Jim44
07-11-2013, 07:04 PM
For what it's worth, the opinion of one of the guests on tonight's Sportsound was that if Petrie doesn't land his man, he is as good as out the door.

Glorious
07-11-2013, 07:06 PM
What do the media do all day?!! Surely they should be camping outside East Mains looking for a story :greengrin

Windy day to look around East Mains which is usually windy on a normal day :cool2:

My mate who takes pics for the Scotsman says they get the heads up whenever there's something to be revealed.

No text as yet :(

Kato
07-11-2013, 07:12 PM
For what it's worth, the opinion of one of the guests on tonight's Sportsound was that if Petrie doesn't land his man, he is as good as out the door.

I'll say it's worth tuppence'hapeny'one'farthing. Just in general not on that particular point.

TheFamous1875
07-11-2013, 07:17 PM

Who were the guests?

gorgie greens
07-11-2013, 07:18 PM

Wish that would be the case,the only one he answers to is Farmer and I doubt he has a great intrest in this