PDA

View Full Version : massive week ahead

cloudy
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Were we really that bad today? Couldn't make it to Easter road today but went to the malmo game with my 2 boys (stayed to the end), was planning on getting my tickets for the derby tomorrow but don't want to give the yams my money to watch us play negative and come away with a point or possibly worse when we should be ripping them a new one, I'm sure I'm not the only fan now in two minds about going next week now, something needs to happen this week either Petrie backs his manager and lets him bring in a attacking player like deano, fleck, watt or McKay or similar or he sacks him and brings in Saunders (poor at wolves) good job a Doncaster and available I think, I know going into a derby without a gaffer isn't good but it's been bad for a while Petrie should have a shortlist ready to call and get in place before Sunday

04-08-2013, 07:55 PM
I wont be going to tynecastle as I can't get out of a work shift but tbh part of me is pretty glad as I can honestly see hearts beating us. The state hearts are in, we should be humping them but I just don't think we will do it. Hearts youngsters will be right up for it, beating us would be massive for them and they need that morale boost in the mist of all the carry on thats going on over there. They will set out to attack us from the start and we are too negative going forward.

Glad that Forster and Vine will be back though. Hopefully we will play Vine and Collins up front and we set up more positively to try really get at them and have a go.

Islington Hibs
04-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I wont be going to tynecastle as I can't get out of a work shift but tbh part of me is pretty glad as I can honestly see hearts beating us. The state hearts are in, we should be humping them but I just don't think we will do it. Hearts youngsters will be right up for it, beating us would be massive for them and they need that morale boost in the mist of all the carry on thats going on over there. They will set out to attack us from the start and we are too negative going forward.

Glad that Forster and Vine will be back though. Hopefully we will play Vine and Collins up front and we set up more positively to try really get at them and have a go.

Agree. This will be a fascinating match of psychology and mental strength. They have nothing to lose and will go for it. Although on paper we have the experience to win there is a danger that we bottle it. This is a real test of our character and perhaps the last straw for Pat and in my view a strong pointer as to whether this season will be disastrous or perhaps a bit better than we dare think.

SwanseaHibs
04-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I certainly saw some positives today although there is clear room for improvement. Midfield looked OK but didn't get forward enough so playing 2 up front next week is the way forward.

I am definitely going next week, I couldn't care less about Hearts getting my £30 as I am going to support Hibs, and I am confident that we'll come away with a win.

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 09:23 PM
They have absolutely nothing to lose. They're at rock bottom just now and they can only go upwards.

Everyone expects them to be relegated and they're in danger of being liquidated so the pressure's off for them, not just next week but for the entire season.

We should be beating them next week but I don't think that's in any way a certainty.