PDA

View Full Version : Team v THEM

AlbertK86
04-08-2013, 07:27 PM
As they have nowt up front I'd like to see has have a real go at them with a 3-5-2

Williams

Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Mullen
Robertson
Thomson
Craig
Stevenson

Vine
Collins

Subs

Murdoch
Taiwo
OTJ
Harris
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

Diclonius
04-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Any line up set to defend like it was today should result in Fenlon being sacked on the spot.

Islington Hibs
04-08-2013, 07:33 PM
Stating the obvious they are in even more disarray than us. I expect us to go for the throat and play an attacking line up. The is no excuse for caution here in terms of going for it. Failure to win this game would really rub salt into the wound. Nothing other than a win is acceptable.

Wotherspiniesta
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM
Hopefully McGivern and Harris are fit......

Williams

Maybury Nelson Hanlon McGivern

Craig Robertson Thomson Harris

Caldwell Collins

davhibby
04-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Similar team to today but take out OTJ and put Vine in upfront or just in behind Collins. Thought the defence looked good today. Maybe put McGivern in for Lewis at lb

04-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Hearts have a very weak, inexperienced side, therefore I want us to really go at them. Set up positively and try get at them, put them on the back foot from the start.

hibsbollah
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Assuming we are wedded to 451 and Harris is out I'd say

Williams

Mullen Hanlon Forster McGivern
Craig Taiwo Robertson Thomson Stevenson

Collins

That team has no width and no pace, but you can only **** with the **** you've got, as the romantic poets used to say.

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2013, 07:45 PM
Williams
Mullen Nelson Hanlon McGivern
OTJ Thomson
Vine Craig Harris
Collins

Id like the three behind the striker to be positive and actually support Collins, I thought the midfield were decent today but just didnt get forward enough. If it isnt working can easily put Vine up top as a pair.

Aldo
04-08-2013, 07:55 PM
I know this that both Vine and Collins MUST start.

The touches Vine had against Malmo looked good. Played in behind Collins for me.

18/03/07
04-08-2013, 07:57 PM
Williams
Mullen,Hanlon,Nelson,Stevenson,
Thomson,Robertson,Stanton
Vine,Collins,Caldwell.
Subs,Mcgiveren,Foster,Harris,Horribine,Murdoch,Han dling,
Got to go for it at the PBS

bobbyhibs1983
04-08-2013, 07:58 PM
Stating the obvious they are in even more disarray than us. I expect us to go for the throat and play an attacking line up. The is no excuse for caution here in terms of going for it. Failure to win this game would really rub salt into the wound. Nothing other than a win is acceptable.

I agree with you 100%
I just hope whoever is in charge next week makes the players aware of this, and i mean very aware.

I like you, and like most hibs fans will want us to hammer them and hammer them good.I hope the players will see this an opputunity to prove to themself and us that they see a draw or losing as failure.

Stringer
04-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Williams

Mullen (C) Nelsen Hanlon McGivern

T.Jones KT

Craig Robertson Vine

Collins

FromTheCapital
04-08-2013, 08:01 PM
Williams; Mullen, Nelson, Forster, McGivern; Thomson, OTJ; Harris, Craig, Vine; Collins. I'd go for a 4-2-3-1 formation. More attacking than today's flat 4-5-1 but we need to remain responsible. Yes, Hearts have a weak and inexperienced team but once again like any derby it's going to come down to the midfield battle and I think Thomson and OTJ would dominate it in terms of quality and physicality allowing Harris, Craig and Vine to push on and get support for Collins.

pontius pilate
04-08-2013, 08:05 PM
I'd go 4-2-3-1
Williams
Mullen
Nelson
Forster
Stevenson
Tawio
KT (c)
Harris
Craig
Vine

Islington Hibs
04-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I agree with you 100%
I just hope whoever is in charge next week makes the players aware of this, and i mean very aware.

I like you, and like most hibs fans will want us to hammer them and hammer them good.I hope the players will see this an opputunity to prove to themself and us that they see a draw or losing as failure.

100% agree. The players need to understand the importance of this game and not just win 1-0 (although that would be a start) but hammer them and put them firmly back in their box.

Judas Iscariot
04-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Williams

Robertson OTJ Thomson(c) Craig

Collins Vine

0-4 Hibs, easy, that shower have no team at all and even less of a goal threat than us...

Heisenberg
04-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Mcgivern
Stevenson

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Vine
Collins

hibee19
04-08-2013, 08:47 PM
Williams

Forster Nelson Hanlon Stevenson

Robertson Thomson Craig

Handling Collins Caldwell

Assuming Harris is out

04-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Williams

Harris OTJ Thomson(c) Craig

Collins Vine

0-4 Hibs, easy, that shower have no team at all and even less of a goal threat than us...

Great going into the derby with a confident, no fear attitude rather than be scared ridgid like many of our players have in the past! But we all know what happens when we go into a derby over cocky! Hearts are poor but its a derby and anything can happen, would be typical of the jammy *******s to sneak a jammy goal.

Stringer
04-08-2013, 08:54 PM
Great going into the derby with a confident, no fear attitude rather than be scared ridgid like many of our players have in the past! But we all know what happens when we go into a derby over cocky! Hearts are poor but its a derby and anything can happen, would be typical of the jammy *******s to sneak a jammy goal.

I think we will sneak it. 2 -1.

Would love Mullen to score.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE=AlbertK86;3704078]As they have nowt up front I'd like to see has have a real go at them with a 3-5-2

Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
TT

Harris
Vine
Collins

Go for it 4-3-3

duffers
04-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Mcgivern
Stevenson

Harris
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Vine
Collins

That's almost exactly what I would go with. If Harris is out, stick Taiwo in and put Robertson to the right.

snooky
04-08-2013, 09:04 PM
The team next week?
Let Jimmy Nicholl pick the team and the tactics. Fenlon's brain is AWOL.

And as for OTJ's performance today, he'd been better put to use painting my living room ceiling.
A passenger from the kick off.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 09:09 PM
If we go for it and got an early goal they could well implode. According to that tube Preston St J should have won by 4 or 5.
Two early one's and they'll fold

GET INTAE THUM

TheFamous1875
04-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Imagine this?

Williams.
Forster. Nelson. Hanlon.

Mullen. Mcgivern.
Robertson. Thomson.

Craig. Harris
Collins.

Brightside
04-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Williams
OTJ Thomson
Vine Craig Harris
Collins

Id like the three behind the striker to be positive and actually support Collins, I thought the midfield were decent today but just didnt get forward enough. If it isnt working can easily put Vine up top as a pair.

This is how we should have been set up today ... and we would have battered well...

TheFamous1875
04-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Meant to look like a sort of 5-2-2-1 (or 3-4-2-1) if you will.

Hiber-nation
04-08-2013, 09:13 PM
If Harris is out we are in the ridiculous position of not having any wide players at all and I'm not classing Handling as a wide player, unlike PF. About 8 central midfielders though.

04-08-2013, 09:16 PM
If Harris is out we are in the ridiculous position of not having any wide players at all and I'm not classing Handling as a wide player, unlike PF. About 8 central midfielders though.

any word on his injury?

Hiber-nation
04-08-2013, 09:21 PM
any word on his injury?

Had to go to hospital, don't know any more than that.

Judas Iscariot
04-08-2013, 09:22 PM

I am confident, they're awful, much worse than us with ZERO goal threat..

Our side, on paper, is strong, Williams, Thomson, OTJ, Craig, Collins & Vine are all good players that every team in the SPL bar Celtc would have as 1st 11 starters...

Hopefully not even PF can **** this up next week

carnoustiehibee
04-08-2013, 09:22 PM
If fenlons still manager then hearts will know exactly how to set up and Gary Locke can say "win today and ull get fenlon sacked"

On the other hand if we go in with jimmy nichol in temp charge it's changes the whole psycholinguistic approach to the game

mikey987654321
04-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Based purely on tonights sportscene highlights, they look awful.

Gustavo Fring
04-08-2013, 09:49 PM
i just wathced them on sportscene , they are utter gash . i still think we will struggle to beat them

hibee19
04-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Based purely on tonights sportscene highlights, they look awful.

I have it on good authority that this is how Pat scouts the opposition.

snooky
04-08-2013, 09:58 PM
I have it on good authority that this is how Pat scouts the opposition.

Do you mean on the 'highlights' or on 'Hibsnet'?

hibee19
04-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Do you mean on the 'highlights' or on 'Hibsnet'?

The highlights

higgy0418
05-08-2013, 10:26 AM
I don't understand some people on this sites obsession with getting us to play 3 at the back. Football has progressed and I'm afraid they formations just don't fit in with the current way of the game. Even man city couldn't play it ffs. I'd personally go

Williams

mullen Nelson Hanlon Mcgivern

harris Robertson Thomson Craig

Collins Vine

playing vine lets you be flexible between 4 3 3 and 4 4 2 as he could play wide left and get Craig to tuck inside. One of my biggest problems I have with fenlon is his choice of centre mids. Robertson for me is the only real forward thinking one we have. If mcgivern was fit for the bench yesterday we have to assume he's close to a full return. Hopefully next week.

Speedway
05-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Williams

Hateley
Nelson
Forster
McGivern

Robertson
Claros
Thomson

Shiels

Vine
Collins

It's a 2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate? formation.

GreenCastle
05-08-2013, 10:38 AM
The yam fans are well and truly up for this game similar to when we beat them last season at ER.

Hibs need to take the game to them and get an early goal or two.

Strangely losing yesterday has made me more confident as we are surely due a win sometime soon - but our form suggests otherwise.

Think it has 1v1 written all over it - however would love to beat them and increase the gap between us and them to 18 points.

yeezus.
05-08-2013, 11:25 AM
I am confident, they're awful, much worse than us with ZERO goal threat..

Our side, on paper, is strong, Williams, Thomson, OTJ, Craig, Collins & Vine are all good players that every team in the SPL bar Celtc would have as 1st 11 starters...

Hopefully not even PF can **** this up next week

Spot on. They looked dire against St. Johnstone, we'll beat them 3-0 :thumbsup:

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Spot on. They looked dire against St. Johnstone, we'll beat them 3-0 :thumbsup:

They ARE dire, really bad...

Team full of laddies who aren't much cop!

If we had a semi decenrt manager at the helm they'dbe on course for a MASSIVE doing...

Hahahertz fans are only not fearing Sunday 'cos PF is still here!

BSEJVT
05-08-2013, 11:34 AM
I think Pat will be extremely motivated not to lose this one and can see Levein's famed 4 6 0 formation being deployed.

If he wants to make doubly sure of not losing he will select personnel capable of switching to 6 4 0 as circumstances dictate and will rightly be lauded as the tactical genius he is.

Ken
05-08-2013, 11:50 AM
Assuming Harris is out

..........Williams

Mullen Nelson Forster McGivern

.......................OTJ
..........Robertson Thomson
......................Craig

...................Vine Collins

It's obviously lacking width but Tynie's pitch is quite narrow anyway and it's playing everyone in their correct position which I think is vital.

Saying that I think Fenlon will play a 4-5-1

Hibee87
05-08-2013, 11:51 AM
I would choose

................Williams.................

Mullen Nelson Hanlon stevenson/mcgivern

...................Thomson...................

...............robertson craig...............

handling.......................................vin e

......................collins..................... .....

4-3-3 when attacking, but defensivly 4-5-1 and this on the assumption harris is out, otherwise harris in for handling

The_Horde
05-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Williams

Maybury/Mullen Nelson Hanlon McGivern

Robertson Claros Thomson

Vine Collins Craig

Vault Boy
05-08-2013, 11:56 AM
4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 played with more urgency than against Motherwell should give us much more of a goal threat IMO. The availability of vine adds to our attacking potency. Although I'd prefer it if Craig were to be played down the middle, we're short of wingers so there aren't that many other options. If Harris isn't fit, I feel as though we should play a 4-3-3 (not one that becomes 4-5-1 for most of the game) with a midfield 3 of Thomson, Robertson and Taiwo, with Vine on the right and Craig on the left of the attacking midfield positions, Collins in the middle. This game is more than winnable with the squad we have.

Williams

Mullen Nelson Forster McGivern/Stevenson

Harris Robertson Thomson Craig

Vine Collins

Pretty Boy
05-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Hearts managed 2 shots on goal yesterday and should have conceded more than one. Looking over at brokeback the performance is starting to suck the enthusiam from them already.

With that in mind there is no need for 2 sitting midfielders and no need for not going with 2 up front.

......................Williams...................

Maybury...Forster.....Nelson.....Stevenson

Mullen......Thomson....Robertson.....Craig

...............Vine..............Collins

That's assuming Harris and McGivern aren't fit. Mullen looked like he had a bit going forward, when he was allowed, so would put him at right midfield ahead of a centre mid played out of position.

Aldo
05-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Hearts managed 2 shots on goal yesterday and should have conceded more than one. Looking over at brokeback the performance is starting to suck the enthusiam from them already.

With that in mind there is no need for 2 sitting midfielders and no need for not going with 2 up front.

......................Williams...................

Maybury...Forster.....Nelson.....Stevenson

Mullen......Thomson....Robertson.....Craig

...............Vine..............Collins

That's assuming Harris and McGivern aren't fit. Mullen looked like he had a bit going forward, when he was allowed, so would put him at right midfield ahead of a centre mid played out of position.

PB

I would be quite happy with that team. I see your thinking behind Mullen but if Harris is out I think he'll line up with Robertson on the right with OTJ or TT in the middle.

Vine and Collins are a must to start IMHO.

I really like vine and think he will score on Sun.

jiggerman
05-08-2013, 12:18 PM
I agree we have to win on Sunday - embarrassing if we do not.

However, do I actually believe we'll win......eh, no. I don't. Human nature is to forget the how horrendous we actually are and imagine that on Sunday we'll actually turn up and play well scoring 3 or 4 in the process.

Here's hoping but with Fenlon in charge he'll be preparing his team to play at a level even Hearts are above at the moment.

Pray4Marc
05-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Similar team to today but take out OTJ and put Vine in upfront or just in behind Collins. Thought the defence looked good today. Maybe put McGivern in for Lewis at lb

Exactly my thoughts, both are decent in the air and will be plenty knocks on available. Even play Robertson in behind them as well.

Pray4Marc
05-08-2013, 12:26 PM
The team next week?
Let Jimmy Nicholl pick the team and the tactics. Fenlon's brain is AWOL.

And as for OTJ's performance today, he'd been better put to use painting my living room ceiling.
A passenger from the kick off.

I've never seen a player contribute so little, may hide even more in a big game!.

Aldo
05-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Exactly my thoughts, both are decent in the air and will be plenty knocks on available. Even play Robertson in behind them as well.

P4M I think Vine is more of a link up man and better played off of or in behind Collins. We defo need to play 2 up front on Sun if we are get any joy against that mob.

Heisenberg
05-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Hearts are pish and have the worst team in the league. Two up front and get them on the back foot is the way to go, we let teams dominate us way too often.

Judas Iscariot
05-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Hearts are pish and have the worst team in the league. Two up front and get them on the back foot is the way to go, we let teams dominate us way too often.

This :agree:

gogsy23
05-08-2013, 12:34 PM
To all those who think fenlon will go with an attacking line up. When has he ever started a game with an attack minded team.
Never even less likley too in their back yard irrelevant of what team they play.

It would be nice but not happening

Liberal Hibby
05-08-2013, 01:08 PM
To all those who think fenlon will go with an attacking line up. When has he ever started a game with an attack minded team.

Um the cup final? Lost two quick goals and then pulled Doyle back to left midfield, allowing KT to move more centrally in a 4-5-1 and shut up shop for the next hour.

Really don't have a problem with 4-5-1 and given who was available on Sunday it was the sensible line up. And we could so easily have nicked a goal instead of Motherwell and this place wouldn't have gone into meltdown.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 01:11 PM
Williams

Hateley
Nelson
Forster
McGivern

Robertson
Claros
Thomson

Shiels

Vine
Collins

It's a 2-4-6-8 who do we appreciate? formation.

We haven't signed Hateley, Shiels & Claros?

gogsy23
05-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Doyle started on the wing though did he not? And sparky was clearly injured. Not many games though is it....

Agree bout sunday but i dont feel we have the quality service to supply 1 up front. Sparky on his own created a lot but not all strikers can.

Whats happened to playing a 4-3-3 nowadays?

Hermit Crab
05-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Williams

Robertson OTJ Thomson(c) Craig

Collins Vine

0-4. Lol

Hermit Crab
05-08-2013, 01:21 PM
We haven't signed Hateley, Shiels & Claros?

Not yet ;)

Aldo
05-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Not yet ;)

Ha ha

S.sct
05-08-2013, 03:55 PM
As they have nowt up front I'd like to see has have a real go at them with a 3-5-2

Williams

Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Mullen
Robertson
Thomson
Craig
Stevenson

Vine
Collins

Subs

Murdoch
Taiwo
OTJ
Harris
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

Not a bad idea, Mullen certainly looks as if he would be more comfortable in a 3-5-2. Pity it wont happen.

JeMeSouviens
05-08-2013, 04:38 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the title of this thread is a bit out of order referring to Hibs as THEM? Why not us, or am I missing something? Assuming I am not, when we start referring to Hibs as THEM you need to think if you should be following Hibs as your team. We are one, regardless of how well or poorly we are doing.

but of a low blow IMO.

Team (ie. Hibs, us) v THEM (them)

simples :confused:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-08-2013, 04:42 PM
GK Williams

RB Mullen
CB Nelson/Hanlon
CB Forster
LB McGivern

DM Thomson

RAM Robertson
CAM Craig
LAM McCourt

ST Vine
ST Collins

SMAXXA
05-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Team (ie. Hibs, us) v THEM (them)

simples :confused:

Im talking pish post deleted, I read it as them V's THEM and thought what the f lol, not team v's them :greengrin

PISTOL1875
05-08-2013, 04:48 PM
GK Williams

RB Mullen
CB Nelson
CB Forster
LB McGivern

RM Harris
CM Thomson
CM Robertson
LM Craig

CF Vine
CF Collins

CorrieHibs
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Williams

Mullen
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Thomson
Robertson
Vine

Craig

Collins

HibsClass1875
05-08-2013, 08:36 PM
Williams

Maybury Nelson. Forster. McGivern

Harris/Mullen. Robertson. KT. Craig

. Vine. Collins

If Harris is out would like to see if Mullen can play RM, did not too bad when he went to attack from the back

YehButNoBut
06-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Williams

Maybury Nelson. Forster. McGivern

Harris/Mullen. Robertson. KT. Craig

. Vine. Collins

If Harris is out would like to see if Mullen can play RM, did not too bad when he went to attack from the back

Think Mullen would be best left on the bench for this game it won't be an easy game for him and if he does make a mistake he'll be crucified.

I'd go for

GK Williams

RB Maybury
CB Nelson
CB Forster
LB McGivern

RM Harris (if fit) Taiwo if not
CM Thomson
CM Robertson
LM Craig

CF Vine
CF Collins

GlenrothesHibee
06-08-2013, 09:08 AM
Man for man we are a LOT stronger than Hearts and i expect us to beat them.

Im looking forward to seeing what Vine and Collins can do. Hopefully McGivern returns and Harris makes it.

I watched Hearts game on BBC Alba and they were extremely lucky to escape with a 1-0 defeat and that was with St Johnstone returning from an away euro game. They made numerous mistakes and looked a team already completely shot of confidence.

I didn't think there was much in the game between us and Motherwell and i saw enough to suggest we will win the derby. Collins looks a right handfull and if KT is on that form again and we get a bit of service to the front 2 we WILL win.

If not then i cant defent Pat any longer

jacomo
06-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Think Mullen would be best left on the bench for this game it won't be an easy game for him and if he does make a mistake he'll be crucified.

I'd go for

GK Williams

RB Maybury
CB Nelson
CB Forster
LB McGivern

RM Harris (if fit) Taiwo if not
CM Thomson
CM Robertson
LM Craig

CF Vine
CF Collins

Something like this I think. Either Vine or Craig must play behind Collins to try and link the attack and get possession in the last third of the pitch.

Why have we signed OTJ to stick him on the bench?

shetlandhibee
06-08-2013, 11:47 PM
Williams

Mullen. Nelson. Hanlon/McGivern. Stevenson

Sheilds. Robertson. Thompson. McCourt

Craig/Vine

Collins.

bandylegs_jLeighton
07-08-2013, 10:55 AM
I'd normally be against fielding a team of 6ft foot plus battlers in place of a footballing team, but lets face it, the games at Tynecastle always descend into a battle and for once we clearly have the better personnel for this. I would line up;

Williams

Forster Hanlon Nelson McGivern

Jones Robertson

Vine Thomson Craig

Collins

Makaveli
07-08-2013, 11:05 AM
I think it will be 442, with Thomson nominally on the left as he was last time at Tynecastle and Craig coming in from the right as on Sunday.

Williams

Mullen
Forster
Hanlon/Nelson
McGivern

Craig
Robertson
Taiwo/Jones
Thomson

Collins
Vine

Hibs3-2
07-08-2013, 11:24 AM
I think it will be 442, with Thomson nominally on the left as he was last time at Tynecastle and Craig coming in from the right as on Sunday.

I remember pat playing KT on the left the last time. It was up there with the worst managerial decisions ive seen. Stick him in the middle and he will completely dominate the midfield. Why isolate/restrict him to the left

007 Mickey Weir
07-08-2013, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by AlbertK86:

Williams

Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Mullen
Robertson
Thomson
Craig
Stevenson

Vine
Collins

Subs

Murdoch
Taiwo
OTJ
Harris
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

Love this idea. Mullen and Stevenson are made for it. Maybe play Jones in a Sauzee style sweeper role with Nelson and McGivern either side of him.

500miles
07-08-2013, 11:48 AM
.................Williams
Mullen..Nelson.....Hanlon.McGivern
..............Thomson
Vine...........Roberton........Craig
..........Caldwell..Collins

Billy Whizz
07-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Noticed Mcgivern started for the under 20's last night. So all being well, he'll be in at left back on Sunday.
I wonder if Pat will play Lewis at right back instead of Mullen!!!'!!!!
Stevenson always seems to play well at Tynie, I would give him a left midfield role

Makaveli
07-08-2013, 02:05 PM
I remember pat playing KT on the left the last time. It was up there with the worst managerial decisions ive seen. Stick him in the middle and he will completely dominate the midfield. Why isolate/restrict him to the left

The key word was nominally. Unless McCourt is signed we'll basically play with 4 CMs.

VPHIBEE
07-08-2013, 02:44 PM

Williams

Forster
Nelson
McGivern

Mullen
Robertson
Thomson
Craig
Stevenson

Vine
Collins

Subs

Murdoch
Taiwo
OTJ
Harris
Stanton
Handling
Caldwell

I would like to see a back four made up of Forster and Hanlon as the Full Backs, with Nelson and Mcgivern in the centre. This would give us a bit more physical precence right across the back four, and hopefully give the midfeild the solid base to build from. Midfield Roberston, OTJ, Thomson & Craig. Vine and Collins up front, but ready to throw Caldwell in there with enough time if that is not working. I am no football manager, but that makes sense to me.

18Craig75
07-08-2013, 02:48 PM
..................Williams
Mullen Hanlon Nelson McGivern
....................Jones
.........Thomson Robertson
.........Vine.................Craig
......,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Collins

JimBHibees
07-08-2013, 02:49 PM

We won that game didnt we?

Billy Whizz
07-08-2013, 02:52 PM
We won that game didnt we?

We played 2 up front though, Sparky and Caldwell

JimBHibees
07-08-2013, 02:52 PM
I'd normally be against fielding a team of 6ft foot plus battlers in place of a footballing team, but lets face it, the games at Tynecastle always descend into a battle and for once we clearly have the better personnel for this. I would line up;

Williams

Forster Hanlon Nelson McGivern

Jones Robertson

Vine Thomson Craig

Collins

I think Maybury will play full back though can understand if Forster came in though I think PF will go for experience. Would maybe swap Thomson for Robertson who looked full of energy last week. I think Vine will score on Sunday.

JimBHibees
07-08-2013, 02:53 PM
We played 2 up front though, Sparky and Caldwell

Yep and we may on Sunday with Vine back.

Dashing Bob S
07-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I'll go for:

Decent Keeper

Slow full back Never a full back

Shaky bullied central defender Slow lumbering central defender

Slow, defensive midfield quintet

Promising striker

I think we'll knock long balls through the middle to our non-target man. With our height we might be dangerous at set-pieces should we win any. I think our defensive midfield will protect our shaky back four from the non-existent Hearts forward threat.

Whoever scores first will win the game as the other won't score in a million years.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Yep and we may on Sunday with Vine back.

And we played with Harris wide, won't have that luxury on Sunday

JimBHibees
07-08-2013, 02:58 PM
And we played with Harris wide, won't have that luxury on Sunday

Agree think Vine will play wide as he did with Saints last year.

Aldo
07-08-2013, 03:05 PM

Not for me.

Not sure bout back 4 but MF to CF should be

TT/OTJ. Thomson
Robertson Craig
vine Collins

With Vine dropping into the hole to pick up the pieces or knock ons from Collins.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2013, 03:05 PM

I think these will be our 2 starting forwards. Hearts played 2 up against us in May, Sutton and Ngoo, expect them to only have Stevenson upfront this time. Looking at the team sheet from that game, we are both likely to have around only 5 starters in our teams each on Sunday, from that game

Hibeesmad
07-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Williams

Mullen
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

McCourt (If signed)
Thomson
Robertson/ Tudur-Jones
Craig

Vine
Collins

Billychaotic182
07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Williams

Mullen
Nelson
McGivern
Stevenson

Vine
Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Handling
Collins

Allant1981
07-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Williams

forster
nelson
hanlon
mcgivern

thomson

robertson
taiwo
Jones
vine

collins

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Sure PF said he see's Vine as an out and out striker in one of his HTV interviews:confused:

Chris.igoe
07-08-2013, 05:41 PM
Williams
Mullon nelson hanlon mcgivern
Craig Robertson Thomson handling
Collins vine

steviehibsleith
07-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Williams
Mullen Nelson Forster Mcgivern
Craig Robertson Thomson McCourt
Vine Collins

hfc rd
07-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Williams

Forster
Nelson
Hanlon
McGivern

Robertson
Thomson
Craig

Vine
Collins
McCourt (If Signed)

rcarter1
08-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Any idea of Hearts line up? How fast are their midfielders/strikers?

For me any line up we go for at the back needs more pace than vs Motherwell for obvious reasons. If we cant push our defence up for fear of a fast player running through the middle, we are in for a defensive - or disastrous - performance. 0-0 or 1-0 either side.

If McGivern adds enough pace to match their runners (?), then we can push up more positively.

Williams

Mullen 2 of Hanlon/Forster/Nelson McGivern

Robertson Craig Taiwo Vine

Collins

Add Kevin Thomson, an absolute must start, but not sure whether he plays behind, with or in front of the midfield. :dunno:

Vs Motherwell, Collins on his own up front meant a lot of our clearances were mopped up by Well allowing them to attack us again. Can our midfielders rotate partnering Collins when we are defending to help recover the ball?

joe breezy
08-08-2013, 08:14 PM
If we were to sign McCourt I think he'd be a sub

neil7908
10-08-2013, 11:56 PM
With no Harris and McCourt not signed I'd like to see us go:

Williams

Mullen Forster Hanlon McGivern

Vine Robertson Thomson Craig

Collins Caldwell

Purehibee_MYB
11-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Not sure if someone has said already as I can't be bothered trawling through the pages, but i'd quite like to see Stanton given a start out wide. No doubt knows their players well from his time in the under 20's

West hamBERNIAN
11-08-2013, 12:06 AM
Not sure if someone has said already as I can't be bothered trawling through the pages, but i'd quite like to see Stanton given a start out wide. No doubt knows their players well from his time in the under 20's

Me too. Seems a confident lad.

Like the idea of vine and Collins up top.

HibeeEmma
11-08-2013, 12:39 AM

I agree. Outstanding player for the U20s.

HKhibby
11-08-2013, 07:20 AM

You are right nothing but a win should be acceptable...but i think this game has 1-1 / 0-0 draw written all over it!...hope im wrong and we hammer them!...but well you know how it goes!

SMAXXA
11-08-2013, 07:48 AM
4 - 4 - 2

Williams

Mullen Nelson Hanlon mcgivern

Robertson Tudor Thomo Craig

Collins vine

spike220
11-08-2013, 07:50 AM
Sure PF said he see's Vine as an out and out striker in one of his HTV interviews:confused:Reading between the lines, he will be deployed as holding midfielder then :greengrin.

spike220
11-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Me too. Seems a confident lad.

Like the idea of vine and Collins up top.
I think the best form of defence is attack and if these pair get going they could rip them apart!!!

Judas Iscariot
11-08-2013, 07:58 AM
Team of the day...

Williams(c)

Robertson Tudor-Jones Thomson Craig

Vine

Collins

:aok:

YehButNoBut
11-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Team of the day...

Williams(c)

Vine

Collins

Will be surprised if that is not todays team. :pfgwa

West hamBERNIAN
11-08-2013, 09:15 AM
4 - 4 - 2

Williams

Mullen Nelson Hanlon mcgivern

Robertson Tudor Thomo Craig

Collins vine

Thats the one for :aok:

Hibby Kay-Yay
11-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Williams

Mullen Nelson Hanlon McGivern/Stevenson

Robertson Taiwo Thomson Craig

Vine Collins

Gustavo Fring
11-08-2013, 10:00 AM
williams

maybury forster nelson mcgivern

mullen thomson craig taiwo

vine collins

theonlywayisup
11-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Team of the day...

Williams(c)

Vine

Collins

Team confirmed - above team except Stevenson at left back.