PDA

View Full Version : The difference today (tactics)

Bostonhibby
04-08-2013, 07:09 PM
For me was purely tactical, we were playing not to get beat which was a shame as Collins looks a striker who would score goals in a more offensive team, McCall looked at how it was going into the second half and basically decided to attack a bit more because he was confident we weren't going to do anything different - he brought on 2 direct attacking players - game over.

We brought on Stanton because we had to as Robertson (who did okay) was tiring, No tactics about it and no real impact from the change, it was forced. Tactics today wew about lying deep and containing -did it a lot with not much success last season in the league - uninspiring.

Onward to next week - should have been a day we were going to enjoy, pressure now on, if we set up not to get beat again we will get beat as we will make the mistake that gives the goal away so we need to be much more attack minded.

AlbertK86
04-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Stanton came on for Harris when he got injured !

Eyrie
04-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Stanton came on for the injured Harris, presumably to ensure we still had some width. But when Robertson went off the time was right to shake things up with Caldwell or Handling. Fenlon is exhausting the patience of even his supporters with his poor tactics. Collins needed support all game and I can only hope Vine is up front with him next week.

Bostonhibby
04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Stanton came on for Harris when he got injured !

Meant harris, sorry, same effect............

Greendub
04-08-2013, 07:15 PM
With vine back for the derby then I would hope pat would go 442

lugz
04-08-2013, 07:17 PM

I hope hibs go 442

AK86
04-08-2013, 07:22 PM
I would hope pat goes to the job centre

SMAXXA
04-08-2013, 07:28 PM

If we can't go 4 4 2 at home the first game of the seaso we have big problems. We have had all summer to address the issues and again we are less than equipt for the season, out of Europe disgracefully and we are in as disjointed a place as we have been form while now. I'm a believer of giving a manager time but I'm getting tiresome of pat and hibs to be honest.

Tyler Durden
04-08-2013, 07:35 PM
It's not even a question of formation. The team we started with today should be formidable.

Fenlon's tactics left our lone striker on his own time after time. Robertson as the advance midfielder had no urgency to join up with Collins. Thomson was excellent at times but was there any need to have OTJ covering for him? In reality we had 7/8 players behind the ball for the majority of the game. How does Fenlon anticipate us scoring a goal

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2013, 07:40 PM
One thing I did notice Faddy was snuffed - too negative?