PDA

View Full Version : Big Target Man

seanraff07
04-08-2013, 06:07 PM
Personally think Vine is gash and was a poor signing from Fenlon.

I reckon what we need is a big striker who can shift their weight around, someone like Akinfenwa or Parkin, proven goalscorers in leagues of a similar level. Maybe even a return for Riordan, he knows where the net is.

Just think the current frontline isn't going to be good enough. Fenlon out by the way.

Ken
04-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Give the boy a chance FFS

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 06:12 PM
If that's your 2 examples you need to get to Specsavers - thank Christ you're not a scout !

SteveHFC
04-08-2013, 06:15 PM
:faf:

Pretty Boy
04-08-2013, 06:16 PM
It's good to see some have retained their sense of humour.

3pm
04-08-2013, 06:18 PM

I reckon what we need is a big striker who can shift their weight around, someone like Akinfenwa or Parkin, proven goalscorers in leagues of a similar level. Maybe even a return for Riordan, he knows where the net is.

Just think the current frontline isn't going to be good enough. Fenlon out by the way.

Akinfenwa or Riordan aren't going to be mistaken for twins. On many levels.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Riordan is just the kind of big target man we need. :faf:

Billychaotic182
04-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Bashing a player that didn't even play today christ

just_joe
04-08-2013, 06:27 PM
"Riordan" & "Targetman" shouldnt even be in the same sentence lol . Vine has only played 1 or 2 games? He scored goals for saints. Just because we lost today and we are all a bit peed off theres no need to slate players that didnt even kicked a ball. Anyone who wants Derek Riordan to come back must have mental problems as hes finished. Shadow of his former self.

Sean1875
04-08-2013, 06:28 PM
oooooor someone like James Collins? :rolleyes:

Ritchie
04-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Wow

Emerald
04-08-2013, 06:37 PM
If we don't have someone like Griffiths who made his own goals for the most part, it won't matter who we have up front if there are no chances created or support for our striker (s). Unless we attack as a team and have support play, hit the bye line with wingers, we will have no chance of scoring many goals. Folk slag Alex Miller for negative tactics (as did I at the time) but I really can't remember a Hibs team that were so detached from the striker and created so few chances. He at least had them playing as an organised unit with two up. My memory may be blurred but I really can't remember us being this negative in the past, pish yes but never as negative

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Parkin, as in Sam Parkin? Horrific example of a target man.

ackeygraham
04-08-2013, 06:52 PM
I agree though that we need a big target ala Jon daly or even john Sutton esque. We've lacked that player for a while and although liked what I'd seen in Collins he's not that target. Think he'd link we'll with a target man but Collins was the bright light out of a poor display attack wise.

SMAXXA
04-08-2013, 06:54 PM
It's been bruing and this is as good a thread as any so here goes........what the **** are you talking about, some posts on here are unbelievable, we have some pish poor posts but this is right up there with the last 50000000000 (tel:50000000000)'0000000000 (tel:0000000000) :agree:

DH1875
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM

Vine never was or is a target man :confused::confused::confused:. He wasn't on the field today and yet he's the guy you want to have a moan about :confused::confused::confused:.

Diclonius
04-08-2013, 07:38 PM

Two games. I think we have a new record. :aok:

gorgie greens
04-08-2013, 08:46 PM
I agree though that we need a big target ala Jon daly or even john Sutton esque. We've lacked that player for a while and although liked what I'd seen in Collins he's not that target. Think he'd link we'll with a target man but Collins was the bright light out of a poor display attack wise.

Felt Collins got little to no support today,and time will tell,but we need to get width and we seem to bothered in losing than trying to win games,the negative play will drive fans away,
A striker can only be judged on what he's giving to work on,and he had next to nothing today.

Jonnyboy
04-08-2013, 09:20 PM

Stay off the bevvy :wink:

Der Panzer
04-08-2013, 10:12 PM

I think you're stupid. Vine wasn't playing. The other players you mention are hilarious. I think you should definitely put your name forward when the "golden" boy leaves though.