PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Calderwood - Hibs manager?

Torto7062
04-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Overlooked so often these days but for me he's the one to turn
us around.
And his Assistant is already on the books

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 03:28 PM
Please no.

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 03:29 PM
I would take his dug and the bitch the dug was riding as its assistant to get rid of our failure

TowerHibs
04-08-2013, 03:32 PM
Please no.

explain why not??? a hell of a lot better than last 4/5 managers

overachieved everywhere he went - dumfy, sheep, killie and go ahead in holland. Has great contacts and coaching ability. One thing for sure, he wouldnt play with a fraction of the negativity of PF

who would you want in?

Torto7062
04-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I would take his dug and the bitch the dug was riding as its assistant to get rid of our failure

haha

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 03:33 PM
us around.

:faf:

I like your style cause i need some cheering up :thumbsup:

eastterrace
04-08-2013, 03:36 PM
us around.

its a naw from me.

brog
04-08-2013, 03:37 PM
us around.

Theres a good reason why he's so often overlooked, no one wants him. We need to move forward, not back. That would smack of a Bobby Williamson type appointment.

Billychaotic182
04-08-2013, 03:37 PM
God no

YehButNoBut
04-08-2013, 03:38 PM
If he was any good he would be working now, nobody has been interested in him in a long time.

We can do much better.

Pretty Boy
Wouldn't be my 1st choice but I wouldn't be massively upset if he was appointed.

I was quite vocal about wanting Calderwood after er Calderwood and I believe he would have done better than Fenlon.

Nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Dashing Bob S
Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2013, 03:39 PM

overachieved everywhere he went - dumfy, sheep, killie and go ahead in holland. Has great contacts and coaching ability. One thing for sure, he wouldnt play with a fraction of the negativity of PF

who would you want in?

Anyone but him, hes guff IMO.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 03:39 PM
It's absolutely no co-incidence Sheils and Jnr were there today in my opinion. I'd lump on at Hills tomorrow boys.

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2013, 03:40 PM
us around.

Jeez, these cakes in Amsterdam must have something in them. I say, get big Phil in and let's stop this pussy footing.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend Jimmy.

Hermit Crab
04-08-2013, 03:41 PM
No.

adhibs
04-08-2013, 03:41 PM
No chance.

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2013, 03:43 PM

who would you want in?

If you ask the question, you will not understand the answer. It has to do with clubs going bankrupt. Spends big, flecks off when it's time to clean up the mess. And his trophy count is....?

yekimevol
04-08-2013, 03:43 PM
us around.

I would take jimmy, but Kenny Shiels is who i think we would get and he was at the game today, Might be a sign. If he was to bring Deno with him as well, i would be game for kenny to take over.

Spike Mandela
04-08-2013, 03:44 PM
It's absolutely no co-incidence Sheils and Jnr were there today in my opinion. I'd lump on at Hills tomorrow boys.

My first instinct was to imagine it is more likely his laddie could be signing on at Hibs but if memory serves KS speaks very highly of Petrie and the way Hibs dealt with Dean's eye injury. Perhaps a good personal relationship between the two could make this a reality.

Not sure I could handle the interviews though of Scottish football's reident pub bore.:greengrin

lucky
04-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Big yes from me. Good proven track record in the SPL

CallumLaidlaw
04-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Jimmy calderwood brought the most negative Aberdeen teams to ER that I have ever seen. I remember on 2 occasions, them time wasting at 0-0, after 10 minutes

cad
04-08-2013, 03:48 PM
If your putting Jimmy up for office Potter must be in with a great shout ,vast experience International manager plays attractive football, stickler for the players being fit and organized doesn't suffer fools gladly only down side he plays with one striker less up front than we do now

Ozyhibby
04-08-2013, 03:49 PM
A big yes from me. Proven track record in tge SPL and his teams are always fit.

neil7908
Big yes from me. Good proven track record in the SPL

I dont think he would be a disaster but you have to wonder then why he hasn't picked up a club yet?

We keep wondering why the managers we get in are rubbish but then folk want us to get in guys like Kenny Shiels and Jimmy Calderwood who has been emptied by the very teams we think are inferior to us!

Ozyhibby
If your putting Jimmy up for office Potter must be in with a great shout ,vast experience International manager plays attractive football, stickler for the players being fit and organized doesn't suffer fools gladly only down side he plays with one striker less up than we do now

Would take him as well.

truehibernian
04-08-2013, 03:52 PM
My first instinct was to imagine it is more likely his laddie could be signing on at Hibs but if memory serves KS speaks very highly of Petrie and the way Hibs dealt with Dean's eye injury. Perhaps a good personal relationship between the two could make this a reality.

Not sure I could handle the interviews though of Scottish football's reident pub bore.:greengrin

Jimmy Calderwood would be my choice if I'm being honest (I've been out with both JC and JN on a Dunfy night out). But the 'Rangers' thing polarises support - Shiels is the clear favourite.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Jimmy Calderwood would be my choice if I'm being honest (I've been out with both JC and JN on a Dunfy night out). But the 'Rangers' thing polarises support - Shiels is the clear favourite.

Thats not the reason i don't want him. If its a rangers thing then i'd much rather go for Stuart McCall. Kenny Shiels IMO is head and shoulders above calderwood. :aok:

carnoustiehibee
04-08-2013, 03:57 PM
I hope the board are more imaginative than you lot at picking the next manager. Kenny shiels and calderwood certainly wouldn't get me excited

YehButNoBut
04-08-2013, 03:58 PM
If your putting Jimmy up for office Potter must be in with a great shout ,vast experience International manager plays attractive football, stickler for the players being fit and organized doesn't suffer fools gladly only down side he plays with one striker less up than we do now

Just can't see Hibs ever having Levein or Hartley for that matter as our manager, wouldn't want Calderwood either.

Would be happy with Butcher, McCall or even Shiels.

Hibercelona
04-08-2013, 04:01 PM
We keep wondering why the managers we get in are rubbish but then folk want us to get in guys like Kenny Shiels and Jimmy Calderwood who has been emptied by the very teams we think are inferior to us!

Exactly.

Sean1875
04-08-2013, 04:03 PM
Shiels in till the end of the season would do for me.

SkintHibby
04-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Kenny shiels and Jimmy Calderwoods names being mentioned by my fellow Hibernians?

People, I have to respond...

STAY OFF THE DRUGS!:agree:

green.and.white
04-08-2013, 04:08 PM
I'd rather have Fenlon than either Shiels or Jimmy calderwood

one day maybe...
04-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Still think JC was the correct man, he should have been backed to the hilt by the board. Players need to except they are professionals and conduct themselves accordingly. Does Any Murray drink or abuse his body in any way? No. Would Andy Murray destroy any of our players in a fitness test? Hell yeah, Why?, because he is a professional and understands what it takes to be a winner.

truehibernian
Exactly.

Shiels was 'emptied' due to an alleged 'performance' clause - the kind of clause that saw them win a trophy !

Calderwood's faux pas was to ask for more cash and to take Aberdeen to the next level 'as in challenge' for top 3.

Calderwood's record in the SPL speaks for itself - he's a winner and doesn't suffer fools.

BoltonHibee
I'd rather have Fenlon than either Shiels or Jimmy calderwood

Managing your subbuteo team?

Gordy M
04-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Shiels was 'emptied' due to an alleged 'performance' clause - the kind of clause that saw them win a trophy !

Calderwood's faux pas was to ask for more cash and to take Aberdeen to the next level 'as in challenge' for top 3.

Calderwood's record in the SPL speaks for itself - he's a winner and doesn't suffer fools.

Not doubting what you say, but if thats the case, why has he been out a job for a few years now??

BarneyK
04-08-2013, 04:12 PM
Still think JC was the correct man, he should have been backed to the hilt by the board. Players need to except they are professionals and conduct themselves accordingly. Does Any Murray drink or abuse his body in any way? No. Would Andy Murray destroy any of our players in a fitness test? Hell yeah, Why?, because he is a professional and understands what it takes to be a winner.

:agree:

carnoustiehibee
04-08-2013, 04:12 PM

If you want jimmy calderwood in ill raise you Ivan Golac.

Keith_M
04-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Jimmy Calderwood? Gies peace.

Just appoint Nichol as manager on a temporary basis and see how he gets on.

Beefster
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Just appoint Nichol as manager on a temporary basis and see how he gets on.

I said the same thing to my old man today. Things are getting that bad that I'd be happy with that now.

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Not Calderwood.

Not sure about Shiels either with his persistence to play out from the back.

Up and coming for me, maybe Hartley. Born winner.

Would take Levein but doubt he'd come, same applies for Butcher, McCall, Adams et al.

My preference would be Butcher or Adams but I reckon Tel would only move for the zombies and Adams has already had a peak at the madhouse so wouldn't want back.

gillythehibby
04-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Quite interesting the difference in opinions re wee Jimmy and Kenny S. I quite like Calderwood as a person and has generally spoken well of HIbs. His SPL form stands up against any other manager. Celtic excluded. Had Aberdeen in Europe and always top 6 so that appeals. Kenny S would at least have us playing decent football. Fact is, it's down to player quality in the end. Paying managers in the same price bracket generally gets you the same results. Hibs would have to push the boat out money wise for a top man and that aint going to happen soon. I'm not one for slagging off managers/people on the forums and I want Pat to do well, but my patience is wearing as well. Not sure he has is it to take it to the next level. Hope i'm wrong.

Holmesdale Hibs
04-08-2013, 05:10 PM
Calderwood doesn't inspire me much but we're so bad at the moment it's difficult to be firmly against it and at least his teams normally play decent football.

I'd also be happy giving Nichol a try/trial.

Hainan Hibs
04-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Had Aberdeen at the right end of the table with an outstanding European campaign, would happily have that JC at ER.

sadtom
04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
A big yes from me. Proven track record in tge SPL and his teams are always fit.

"his teams are always fit."
Is that rhyming slang??
If Calderwood is the best we can come uo wi its time to lock the gates.

Tonez
04-08-2013, 06:03 PM
Shiels is a complete muppet when it comes to anything to do with the media. Prize plonker. Can't stand hearing him on anything but he did do well with Killie

AK86
04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
I'd rather have jimmy krankie than the clown we have just now

Sanger
04-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Does not Jnr stay In the flat be had when at Hibs and dad stayed with him while at Killie. If I was Deano I do anything to key him out of the house even watching Fenlon's Hibs.!

Sanger
04-08-2013, 06:25 PM
I said the same thing to my old man today. Things are getting that bad that I'd be happy with that now.
He did well at Raith And Millwall and likes to play on the deck and that is starting toco e through in our play.

Gerard
04-08-2013, 06:27 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
not even his dug:wink:
John Collins or Sheils or TB:greengrin

just_joe
04-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Just my opinion - I reckon Jimmy Nichol (sp) was brought in for the very reason that if Fenlon failed at the beginning of the season then he was the man to take charge. I personally wouldnt mind Nichol he knows the scottish game inside out. Im not saying he will be any good but can't be any worse than the muppet we have currently.

Gordy M
04-08-2013, 06:39 PM
Not sure we need the personal abuse of the manager, ive seen him called a muppet, ****ing idiot etc etc. its probably time for him to leave but no need for the abuse. If i was to start calling posters on here that then id be pulled up for it.

surely we can put our point across without the abuse for a man who i'm quite sure has tried his best for us.

edwards
04-08-2013, 06:46 PM
We have only played our first game but if anyone replaces him it must be TERRY BUTCHER pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

blaikie
04-08-2013, 06:58 PM
We wont have a lot of cash if we pay off Fenlon, Ian Murray anyone?

GlenrothesHibee
04-08-2013, 07:05 PM
I was delighted when we landed Calderwood until i found out it was Colin and not Jimmy! His record speaks for its self

JustSimplyHibs
04-08-2013, 07:28 PM

who would you want in?

For a start Petrie needs to go aswell.

Without Petrie there i would like to see; Michael O'Neil or, John Collins or, Ian Murray or, Paul Hartley (don't care what anyone says about the last. Have you seen his team play? 10 times better than Fenlon's)

scoopyboy
04-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Without Petrie there i would like to see; Michael O'Neil or, John Collins or, Ian Murray or, Paul Hartley (don't care what anyone says about the last. Have you seen his team play? 10 times better than Fenlon's)

Kindly explain how you propose to do that.

A part owner of the club who is the right hand man who virtually owns the rest.

I eagerly await your reply.

gogsy23
04-08-2013, 07:35 PM
No thanks im out.

Captain Trips
04-08-2013, 07:37 PM
No

AK86
04-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Away you go ya daftie

jakeshibs
04-08-2013, 08:00 PM

Petrie??? he has ensured we are on a stable footing. and has backed every manger with cash so far, we could be in a worse state if it was not for him.

jakeshibs
04-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Please no!!

JustSimplyHibs
04-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Kindly explain how you propose to do that.

A part owner of the club who is the right hand man who virtually owns the rest.

I eagerly await your reply.

Never proposed anything, merely stated he needs to step away. :wink:

If the guy was any sort of chairman he would hold his hands up and step away for over seeing the hiring of our managers over the last 5 years, Lex Gold did it when we went down. He should also realise that while remaining where he is he is devaluing his 10% share of the stock. Being the shrewd financial genius he is, he would wise upto that one however, i personally believe his egotistical attitude is going to come back and bite him on the bum.

Noises are already being made about Petrie being the common denominator throughout the media, Nevin and Patterson on the BBC over the last couple of weeks, Graham Speirs and there is probably a few others. People are already at their tipping point and with the power of social media, before Petrie knows it, these noises will soon become actions tipping point. I'm sure someone will create some form of pressure group (in fact i think there is already one on Facebook). Questions will be asked and answers or lack of answers will be questioned again adding to the pressure, forcing the board to take action. If they don't, i can really see Hibs walking out to just over 4000 fans at ER this season, more pressure, financially this time.

Lets face it, we are a sinking ship saved only by a poor Dunfermline side in 2012 and a decent start last season and this season, probably saved by THEM going into liquidation, not to mention the seasons before 2012.

As i said, i never proposed i would do anything, however, i've painted a picture for you of what will probably happen over the course of the season.

California-Hibs
04-08-2013, 10:11 PM
I honestly think the reason people say no to Jimmy Calderwood is because he's from the west coast and because of his tanned appearance which was made fun of on Only An Excuse time and time again.

Put all that aside and really look at what he's achieved in a football sense, with little money at each club, then you'd be crazy to think he wouldn't improve us!!

Football would be played on the deck, with a more attacking and exciting formation, and he'd have us top 4 for sure.

GreenArmyyy!
04-08-2013, 10:43 PM
He is a proven spl manager that brings success, we are hardly in a position to be fussy about winning managers. Why in their right minds would Butcher or McCall want to come to us?

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 11:38 PM
We are a rudderless ship, no leadership from the top at all. They bump along appointing one numpty after another, and seem unaccountable because they STF and the tache own the bloody club.

Apparently we need this kind of leadership :faf:, as anyone else is not up to the job and would have us bankrupt within weeks.

The club is being run just like the manager runs the team, scared ****less of taking a chance. Nobody will convince me the folk running Hibs are doing a great job, they might be doing ok off the park but where it really matters its failure after failure.

Captain Trips
04-08-2013, 11:39 PM
We are a rudderless ship, no leadership from the top at all. They bump along appointing one numpty after another, and seem unaccountable because they STF and the tache own the bloody club.

Apparently we need this kind of leadership :faf:, as anyone else is not up to the job and would have us bankrupt within weeks.

The club is being run just like the manager runs the team, scared ****less of taking a chance. Nobody will convince me the folk running Hibs are doing a great job, they might be doing ok off the park but where it really matters its failure after failure.

Indeed.

Kato
04-08-2013, 11:42 PM
us around.

away and pat peas at yersel

BH Hibs
04-08-2013, 11:50 PM
No from me. To all those saying he's had success wtf has he won or even done?

Ozyhibby
05-08-2013, 03:33 AM
No from me. To all those saying he's had success wtf has he won or even done?

Appointed at Aberdeen at the same time as we appointed Mowbray, by the time Mowbray left, Aberdeen had accumulated more SPL points than us. Never out the top 5.
Took Aberdeen through the group stages of the Europa cup and to a glamour tie after Xmas against Bayern Munich.
4th place finish with the pars and a Scottish cup final.
Since he left Aberdeen neither Dunfermline, Aberdeen or Hibs have come close to achieving anything like the success he had at those two clubs in what was a tougher SPL.
Last thing we need is that sort of thing round here, right enough.

bad_news_boab
01-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Sorry to post a new thread guys but im afraid ive got some bad news....Everytime Fenlon got sacked in my football manager game it was always Jimmy Calderwood that got the job.

judas
02-11-2013, 09:42 AM
Appointed at Aberdeen at the same time as we appointed Mowbray, by the time Mowbray left, Aberdeen had accumulated more SPL points than us. Never out the top 5.
Took Aberdeen through the group stages of the Europa cup and to a glamour tie after Xmas against Bayern Munich.
4th place finish with the pars and a Scottish cup final.
Since he left Aberdeen neither Dunfermline, Aberdeen or Hibs have come close to achieving anything like the success he had at those two clubs in what was a tougher SPL.
Last thing we need is that sort of thing round here, right enough.

I agree. Its incredible how people who are educated enough to log into hibs net and make a post are completely unable to make fact based judgements.

The ONLY concern I have over jimmy is that he has been out of the game for a while now.

Otherwise tango man is a yes for me.

marinello59
02-11-2013, 09:46 AM
He is certainly worthy of consideration.

greenlex
02-11-2013, 09:48 AM

We take a chance EVERY time we appoint a manager G. These four in particular. Mowbray?Collins? Calderwood? Fenlon? Your post is void.

Keith_M
02-11-2013, 09:50 AM
We couldn't afford his Tanning Salon bills.

Aldo
02-11-2013, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE="keekaboo;3791026"]We couldn't afford his Tanning Salon bills.[/QUOTE

Ha ha. We could always but him his own one for his office?

heretoday
02-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Tango man has been out of the kitchen for too long. Mind you he might be quite cheap compared with say Butcher or Shiels.

Dashing Bob S
02-11-2013, 07:26 PM
Please to god NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Might as well just assign ourselves to mediocrity forever.

hibsbollah
02-11-2013, 07:27 PM
Jesus H Christ.

Kato
02-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Jesus H Christ.

Would prefer hm to Calderwood.

IWasThere2016
02-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Sorry to post a new thread guys but im afraid ive got some bad news....Everytime Fenlon got sacked in my football manager game it was always Jimmy Calderwood that got the job.

Doesn't bear thinking about. A menace with a drink and barred from some pubs in Dunfermline allegedly - so why we'd want is beyond me..

Torto7062
02-11-2013, 11:17 PM
I honestly think the reason people say no to Jimmy Calderwood is because he's from the west coast and because of his tanned appearance which was made fun of on Only An Excuse time and time again.

Put all that aside and really look at what he's achieved in a football sense, with little money at each club, then you'd be crazy to think he wouldn't improve us!!

Football would be played on the deck, with a more attacking and exciting formation, and he'd have us top 4 for sure.

Ive been want Jimmy C since before Colin C

blackpoolhibs
03-11-2013, 01:55 AM
Ive been want Jimmy C since before Colin C

And i want Rab C.

Torto7062
03-11-2013, 08:04 PM
And i want Rab C.

haha and wee burnie as his sidekick

poolman
03-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Pumpkin pus