PDA

View Full Version : Petrie and Managers

Dashing Bob S
04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
You can pick 'em Rod. Still dining out on the fact he got lucky with Tony Mowbray. Since then a procession of abject failures who have either no man management skills, tactical savy, or passion, or even (in case of CC) a combo of all three.

Captain Trips
04-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Petrie should have walked day CC went. Petries last few years have been a farce.

The Gorf
You can pick 'em Rod. Still dining out on the fact he got lucky with Tony Mowbray. Since then a procession of abject failures who have either no man management skills, tactical savy, or passion, or even (in case of CC) a combo of all three.

But, but its a work in progress!!
if I hear that one more time.............

Treadstone

People will be on to tell you he wasn't involved in the hiring process. Me ? I don't believe that for a second.

SaulGoodman
04-08-2013, 02:32 PM
But, but its a work in progress!!
if I hear that one more time.............

No ones said that for at least 3 months. The only people bringing it up are the ones complaining about it.

The Gorf
04-08-2013, 02:46 PM
No ones said that for at least 3 months. The only people bringing it up are the ones complaining about it.

I am not saying that anyone has said it recently. I said "If" I hear it one more time, meaning that I hope they don't come up with it as an excuse again.

SaulGoodman
04-08-2013, 02:52 PM
I am not saying that anyone has said it recently. I said "If" I hear it one more time, meaning that I hope they don't come up with it as an excuse again.

Progress though.

God Petrie
04-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Get Kenny Shiels in. He might make an arse of myself in the press but it takes the pressure of the players and shows he has a bit of bottle.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Last four competitive games

Hibs 0-3 Smeltic
Malmo 2-0 Hibs
Hibs 0-7 Malmo
Hibs 0-1 Motherwell

This is also worrying. Hopefully the right appointment will banish this for the score sheets

Hibercelona
04-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Has Fenlon said sorry yet?

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 03:04 PM

Hibs 0-3 Smeltic
Malmo 2-0 Hibs
Hibs 0-7 Malmo
Hibs 0-1 Motherwell

This is also worrying. Hopefully the right appointment will banish this for the score sheets

Worrying but not at all surprising

neil7908
04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
The boards biggest failings are not to do with the budget or investment in the team, its the guys they've hired to manage the club, pure and simple.

Pat needs to go now but my concern is, do I trust the current staff to make the correct decision about who comes in to replace him?

hibbydog
04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
The boards biggest failings are not to do with the budget or investment in the team, its the guys they've hired to manage the club, pure and simple.

Pat needs to go now but my concern is, do I trust the current staff to make the correct decision about who comes in to replace him?

Agreed. And no, considering the last 5 appointments I have no confidence in our ability to appoint the right replacement. Petrie and his cronies should be asking questions of themselves.

But this is no reason for hanging onto fenlon, still has to go

Sir David Gray
04-08-2013, 04:20 PM
Petrie should have walked day CC went.Petries last few years have been a farce.

Yep.

If Fenlon is pushed out the door over the coming months then Petrie must consider his position.

To have so many managerial failures in such a short space of time is just not on.

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 04:28 PM

Hibs 0-3 Smeltic
Malmo 2-0 Hibs
Hibs 0-7 Malmo
Hibs 0-1 Motherwell

We did very well not to score in all these games, you have to set the team up correctly to not score in so many games.

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 04:38 PM
We did very well not to score in all these games, you have to set the team up correctly to not score in so many games.

Sometimes you can be such a negative prick Gary!

Try getting behind the manager and the team FFS.

Sometimes I despair!

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2013, 05:15 PM

Hibs 0-3 Smeltic
Malmo 2-0 Hibs
Hibs 0-7 Malmo
Hibs 0-1 Motherwell

Petrie is a disaster, I bet he goes for Gary Locke next. He'll be the cheap option after Hearts close.

cam2644
04-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Petrie's record in appointment of managers is a classic example of his obsession with watching the pennies. Unfortunately we are now losing thousands.He's a Romanov in reverse- no wonder both Edinburgh clubs are going downhill. Petrie at least hasn't got an arrest warrant out after him but there's many a Hibee who'd love to see him locked out of Easter Road.

hibsitis
04-08-2013, 06:21 PM

Hibs 0-3 Smeltic
Malmo 2-0 Hibs
Hibs 0-7 Malmo
Hibs 0-1 Motherwell

Let's not forget the other portents of 1-1 and 0-0 vs Dumbarton and Raith.

The signing of Collins is an insurance policy for Petrie who can now point to the exceptional spending of money to support their choice of manager. It makes it easier for them to sack him given the financial backing he's had, but nobody's fooled. So many other teams (Motherwell, especially) have consistently appointed good managers while our record is the absolute opposite. It has got to start with change at the top.

Diclonius
04-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I don't blame Fenlon for trying his best because at least he actually gives a ****. It's the man in charge I blame.

Once you've sacked Fenlon you can head out of Easter Road yourself Petrie. Your penny pinching may have got us a training centre and a lovely shiny stand but it's also led to years of complete and total failure.