PDA

View Full Version : why are "Rangers" playing us in U20 SPFL?

hongkonghibee
04-08-2013, 10:11 AM
Just got the Motherwell match programme by email, and noticed we are due to play "rangers" in the U20 league. I thought before it was only SPL teams against each other? Or did we play "Rangers" last season too? Or is it now by invite? What are the eligibility rules for the U20 competition?

On a more serious note, the tribute to Lawrie Reilly in the programme brought tears to my eyes.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2013, 10:23 AM
While I love to kick the new club in the baws at every opportunity, nothing should get in the way of youth development. If they have a full time under 20 team then I want our youngsters matching up to them.

oconnors_strip
04-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Last season there were 15 teams in the under 20s league, it was all the premier league teams plus some first division.

Think rangers have finally seen the light and know to help and progress their youngsters and help their injured players they need regular games

Part/Time Supporter
04-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Last season there were 15 teams in the under 20s league, it was all the premier league teams plus some first division.

Think rangers have finally seen the light and know to help and progress their youngsters and help their injured players they need regular games

Rangers were invited last year and turned it down out of spite (hence the odd number in the league).

CB_NO3
04-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Pretty sure Dunfermline are in it too.