PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hibs v Motherwell

Pages : 1 [2]

Speedway
04-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Until the end of his contract I'd imagine, unless we are relegation candidates by Christmas.

His signings seem decent but tactically, Fenlon is really poor. Thats what makes the difference between sides of similar quality (which is practically all SPL teams bar Celtic).

Why when We need a goal do we put Stanton on. Explain that one to me please.

SkintHibby
04-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Watching Hibs is like groundhog day.

Greenblood70
04-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Pedestrian and lacking in any flair. More of the same from negative Fenlon. Insipid sums it up.

cabbageandribs1875
yet another home defeat....i hate this progress p@sh

dundee utd's turn next

blackpoolhibs

Fenlon, thats all you need to know. :rolleyes:

WestEndHibee
Blatant push in the penalty area in front of the ref. same old same old.

Dinkydoo

I don't know why you think I know the answer to that...

I'm not defending Fenlon.

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 02:09 PM

Beyond all comprehension Speedway. Fenlon really is one clueless ****.

I'm going to say it, Calderwood had some sort of idea

AL-Qaholik
No surprise. No disappointment. Just the overwhelming stench of inevitability.

Cropley10
On the bright side, we are still 15 points ahead of Hearts, and one game nearer Fenlons departure. :rolleyes:

Correct!

Jones28
Jesus this is painful.

Every time Collins has had the ball he has looked good, a decent touch and a bit of vision about him. However he has had absolutely NO service!

****ing boo

SkintHibby
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Game finishes and Pat Fenlon glances at his watch a few times???

Games over Pat, for today and for your time at Hibernian!

Notahappyhibee
04-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Here we go again another long season ahead watching that pile of pooh

dmc1875
04-08-2013, 02:13 PM
What a woeful performance. Fenlon really doesn't have a clue.

Still no pace, no width and one isolated striker with several midfielders behind him. Craig looks a shadow of the player he was last year because of were he is being asked to play.

It sums it up that after Motherwell scored there was no urgency, no movement and not one notable ball in the box or small chance.

Brutal is the only words to sum that up. The lack of depth up front as well is worrying, Handling is not the answer going on his last four or five performances.

Collins did well with his thankful task up front and Thomson played well. The lack of tactics are going to hamper us big time as that was a very poor motherwell side.

Same old same old though. Bit of pace comes on and we are all over the shop. :cb

one day maybe...
04-08-2013, 02:16 PM
If we do not have any players in the 21's who are more exciting or imaginative on the ball than this lot, then let them all go now, because they are obviously never going to be good enough regardless of how old they are.

PeterboroHibee
04-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Blatant push in the penalty area in front of the ref. same old same old.

I thought that was a definite penalty as well, the Motherwell player had no chance of getting the ball and just barged our player (Robertson?) in the back.

jiggerman
04-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Guys, look. I appreciate some people try to be positive and think posting winning predictions etc etc will support the team but, after a period of supporting Fenlon its over. Since Malmo i've had no excitement, belief or hope. Fenlon simply doesn't know what he is doing hence, neither do the team. Not attending until he is gone.

Keith_M
04-08-2013, 02:18 PM
PROGRESS!

It's six goals less conceded than the last home match. What are you all complaining about? :confused:

:offski:

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
Set up with no intention to win a game and that's what happens.

It's not Nelsons fault he's slow. He's played great today.

I heard McCall sat before the game they were definitely playing two up to have a hi at us today. I'd love that kind of enthusiasm.

Except for his positioning, wrong side of Hanlon, for the goal. My gripe is if we were looking for a centre did no one at the club fancy Steven McManus :confused: Your not telling me Motherwell could out bid us on wages, surely ?

Wellfan1984
04-08-2013, 02:21 PM
fancy Steven McManus :confused: Your not telling me Motherwell could out bid us on wages, surely ?

He rejected Hibs to sign for Motherwell. It has nothing to do with finances either, and everything to do with football.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 02:23 PM
PROGRESS!

It's six goals less conceded than the last home match. What are you all complaining about? :confused:

:offski:
Glad you find it funny when that fud in charge is turning folk away from the club.

Keith_M
04-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Glad you find it funny when that fud in charge is turning folk away from the club.

Wow!

R'Albin

Sometimes all you can do is laugh about it.

Crazyhorse
No surprise. No disappointment. Just the overwhelming stench of inevitability.

Yeah just sat waiting for their goal. Easy 3 points thank you etc. we are soft as sh**te and will be everyone's favourite away fixture again. Motherwell and everyone else are crap but our team are crap with the added dimension of no real urgency or fight as a team. The lack of leadership at every level at ER is shameful.

Hibercelona
A high ball over the defence....

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 02:27 PM
He rejected Hibs to sign for Motherwell. It has nothing to do with finances either, and everything to do with football.

Cheers for clearing that up for me :aok: what does that say about Hibs though :rolleyes:

cabbageandribs1875
st johnstone 1 hertz 0

Wotherspiniesta
Dont want to start a witchhunt, and I know he's just young....but Fraser Mullen looks a complete ballwatcher.

How many times was he caught out by simple balls.

Needs to learn quickly if he wants to play at RB.

I'd start Maybury next week.

hibee_girl
04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Dont want to start a witchhunt, and I know he's just young....but Fraser Mullen looks a complete ballwatcher.

Mullen looked fast going forward, slow as anything going back!

Crazyhorse
st johnstone 1 hertz 0

Good staying ahead of them is our main priority as long as Fenlon remains in charge. Well in office... I'm not sure if he is really in charge of anything much at the moment.

Sumner
Just very flat for long spells.. Kevin Thomson trying to drive things on, once he was off we didnt show very much. Lone striker for too long, Collins looked good but where was the support ? Think time is running out fast for Pat.

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 02:32 PM

Somebody thought he was having a good game..

dmc1875
04-08-2013, 02:32 PM

BBC Sportsound pundit Michael Stewart at McDiarmid Park: "David Wotherspoon looks like a player who has been freed from the shackles he was under for a while at Hibs."

:rolleyes:

YehButNoBut
04-08-2013, 02:33 PM

BBC Sportsound pundit Michael Stewart at McDiarmid Park: "David Wotherspoon looks like a player who has been freed from the shackles he was under for a while at Hibs."

Sounds like a sideways dig at Fenlon there.

At least St J are winning so we're still 15 points above them :cb

blackpoolhibs
04-08-2013, 02:34 PM

I agree, Mullen is nowhere near the standard we need as a right back, but neither is Maybury and i'd have him in before Mullens.

Jones28
04-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Am I the only person who thought Mullen looked decent today?

BoltonHibee
04-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I agree, Mullen is nowhere near the standard we need as a right back, but neither is Maybury and i'd have him in before Mullens.

I'd go along with that.

Mullen does not look

A) Fit and
B) like a footballer

He does though have a nice boy band haircut

BoltonHibee

Possibly

SteveHFC

Nope :greengrin

dmc1875
04-08-2013, 02:38 PM

He looks good going forward and he is obviously good when it comes to striking the ball but defensively he was caught out badly with long balls twice, with Sutton and then the Estonian lad for the goal

dmc1875
04-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Hopefully Harris' injury isn't too bad. Only player with any pace we have without that next week we might as well stifle the midfield!

Hopefully we get a wide player in this week and show some adventure next week..

I'm guessing we will play with two wide players with Thomson and Tudor Jones in the middle with Vine just off Collins.

Well, I can hope :cb

Thomson
04-08-2013, 02:42 PM

I thought he had a good game but don't think he's a RB, maybe a winger, but we are still severely lacking a RB and someone between mid and forward, to link the play and support.

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Sometimes all you can do is laugh about it.

I'm past laughin'. Hopefully the vile lot will get pumped in Perth and somehow we'll find a performance to beat them next week :flag:

OrdHibby
04-08-2013, 02:47 PM
st johnstone 1 hertz 0

music to my ears :hibees

dmc1875
04-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Did Fenlon come out and speak to the media afterwards?

Pretty Boy
04-08-2013, 02:55 PM

I await an apology, a few mumblings about regrouping and some piss poor excuses that mean nothing.

Held it all before.

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2013, 02:56 PM

just been on the radio, unfortunately he talks too fast and i couldn't make out what he was saying

deeks01
04-08-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm unsure how I feel about today's result. Early on in the game (admittedly for a brief spell) I was pleasantly surprised at the football we played was attractive at times & effective for a spell. Needed a bit more of a goal threat though. Then we started sitting back , playing long balls and getting no one to support JC up top. Why?! Motherwell were the team on top from then on except for 10 minutes or so in the second half. There was no soft silly goal until late on which killed it. Nelson was done for pace for it & that was a cool cool finish for a guy with such uncool hair. Even the commentators knew it was over as soon as that went in, even with roughly 10 minutes left. The worrying thing is it was better than I expected yet I never during that 90 minutes thought we would win. I am ashamed to say that when the goal went in I thought 'well that was inevitable' and when the whistle went I was almost relieved when I jokingly said 'least it was only one'. I did not feel particularly despondent after a defeat today & usually I do. Was more a case of 'ah well was always likely'. Worrying. For the game itself rather than my weird thought processes today - no one had a howler of a game today. Nelson needs to learn to pass properly though not just pap the ball off in another players general direction. Could well just be match sharpness there though. JC will be an important player for us if we actually support him up top & don't leave him isolated. KT will be a major driving force in our midfield this season if he remains fit. Unlike other posters I was actually very impressed with young Mullen today. Oh and whilst Liam Craig does look a player he also looks like the secret love child of Mikey Stewart, or is that just me seeing that?... Anyway we need a win at Tynecastle next week or Pat could fall through this thin ice a lot of fans have him on. Where are the goals to get that win going to come from?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Eternal Hibbie
04-08-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm past laughin'. Hopefully the vile lot will get pumped in Perth and somehow we'll find a performance to beat them next week :flag:

Today panned out exactly as expected, nothing going forward thanks to the system deployed.

So frustrating to watch, we have some good players but just don't get the best out of them.

Only one game down but a change in the dugout seems a must, said on another thread that dwindling crowds will see him go, a win against the u21's next week will once again only paper over the cracks.

I've been a Fenlon supporter in the past but he's just not the answer unfortunately, doesn't get any easier being a hibee I'm afraid.

Phil D. Rolls
04-08-2013, 03:35 PM

Freed from the bookies on Elm Row too. I thought they were holding him prisoner.

Remember Brebner. ;)

AlbertK86
04-08-2013, 04:33 PM
Hopefully Harris' injury isn't too bad. Only player with any pace we have without that next week we might as well stifle the midfield!

Hopefully we get a wide player in this week and show some adventure next week..

I'm guessing we will play with two wide players with Thomson and Tudor Jones in the middle with Vine just off Collins.

Well, I can hope :cb

Got to go 442 and attack hearts next week

Vine in beside Collins up front

OTJ out

Might even go 433

Williams

Maybury. Nelson. McGivern. Stevenson

Robertson. Thomson. Craig

Vine. Collins. Harris

hfc rd
04-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Got to go 442 and attack hearts next week

Vine in beside Collins up front

OTJ out

Might even go 433

Williams

Maybury. Nelson. McGivern. Stevenson

Robertson. Thomson. Craig

Vine. Collins. Harris

No danger in hell Fenlon will play a team like that. It is too attack-minded. It will be the usual boring 4-5-1 like today.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2013, 04:40 PM
No danger in hell Fenlon will play a team like that. It is too attack-minded. It will be the usual boring 4-5-1 like today.

Apparently Hearts only managed 1 shot on target today and St Johnstone could have scored 4 or 5.

So expect Fenlon to go with the infamous 4-6-0 just in case.