PDA

View Full Version : Overseas fans - HibsTVXtra Season Ticket

hongkonghibee
04-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Todays match against Motherwell is being shown live on Hibs TV Xtra for 10 pounds.
The 2013-14 HibsTV Xtra season ticket is now also available for 150 pounds. This is good value IMO as it includes all home matches (cup and league) and part of the matchday programme emailed to you and priority for cup final tickets.
Both available here http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

The Malmo match had problems I believe because of the hundreds of people trying to watch crashed the system in the first half. I wish the Club had been more open and had explained the problems to viewers at the time. Mind you communication with supporters has been a weakness of the Club for a long time via the official site.

We fought long and hard to get the Hibs TVXtra restored last season, and with the usual 100 of us watching from overseas the streaming had been fine for me in HongKong , up until that match.
So please support this service, and remember the commentary team and cameraman do this voluntarily to make sure us overseas supporters are kept in touch with the Club .

Sproule Three
04-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Todays match against Motherwell is being shown live on Hibs TV Xtra for 10 pounds.
The 2013-14 HibsTV Xtra season ticket is now also available for 150 pounds. This is good value IMO as it includes all home matches (cup and league) and part of the matchday programme emailed to you and priority for cup final tickets.
Both available here http://www.hiberniantv.co.uk/xtra

The Malmo match had problems I believe because of the hundreds of people trying to watch crashed the system in the first half. I wish the Club had been more open and had explained the problems to viewers at the time. Mind you communication with supporters has been a weakness of the Club for a long time via the official site.

We fought long and hard to get the Hibs TVXtra restored last season, and with the usual 100 of us watching from overseas the streaming had been fine for me in HongKong , up until that match.
So please support this service, and remember the commentary team and cameraman do this voluntarily to make sure us overseas supporters are kept in touch with the Club .

I was informed by the Hibs TV customer service department that I could watch the game on my original Hibs TV International subscription without the additional payment to Hibs TV Xtra . The proof will be tonight I suppose when it will be too late to upgrade if I cant get access to it.

HiBremian
04-08-2013, 08:38 AM
I've bought the season ticket, agree it's good value.

Also saw somewhere that Hibs TV xtra matches can be watched on iOS devices, but not yet sure how, with Hibs TV Interactive not being compatible. Will soon find out as I'm in Norway with just my iPad. Tried to access the viewer and got this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/04/bura7edy.jpg

The Tubs
04-08-2013, 08:41 AM
Do you know, HongKongHibee, if radio commentary for away games will be included too? Seems a bit daft paying 150 quid and then paying another 35 or whatever just to listen to away games.

hongkonghibee
04-08-2013, 08:58 AM
Do you know, HongKongHibee, if radio commentary for away games will be included too? Seems a bit daft paying 150 quid and then paying another 35 or whatever just to listen to away games.

No, it doesn't include anything for away games.
I know its daft to have the two different services running concurrently, and id hoped they would have brought both services in-house for this season. However , The official site Hibs TV is still farmed out to Perform a private company, which the audio commentary for all matches home and away is on for everyone (overseas or not), and they also do the separate International Hibernian TV which only shows matches being shown on SKY/ESPN/etc The problem with only using "international " is you don't get all home matches and its crap commentary.

If you can afford it, the best is to subscribe to both which I do(150 plus 35 pounds), then you'll get nearly all matches home and away on video with the few away matches which are not on TV available on audio.

hongkonghibee
04-08-2013, 09:12 AM
I was informed by the Hibs TV customer service department that I could watch the game on my original Hibs TV International subscription without the additional payment to Hibs TV Xtra . The proof will be tonight I suppose when it will be too late to upgrade if I cant get access to it.

yes, todays match will also be on Hibs TV international too, so should already be included in your subscription.
Its not as good as HibsTV Xtra IMHO, because it doesn't come with Hibs fans commentary so is less atmospheric.
Also for the rest of the season, matches from Easter Rd (including cup matches) that are not televised matches will only be available on HibsTVXtra and not on International.
You could of course just pay individually for those matches on HibsTV Xtra at 10 pounds. But then you don't get the matchday programme and no cup final ticket priority.

Sproule Three
04-08-2013, 09:31 AM
yes, todays match will also be on Hibs TV international too, so should already be included in your subscription.
Its not as good as HibsTV Xtra IMHO, because it doesn't come with Hibs fans commentary so is less atmospheric.
Also for the rest of the season, matches from Easter Rd (including cup matches) that are not televised matches will only be available on HibsTVXtra and not on International.
You could of course just pay individually for those matches on HibsTV Xtra at 10 pounds. But then you don't get the matchday programme and no cup final ticket priority.

With the time difference in Aus I tend to miss a few games when they have a 2am kick off Sydney time. Watch games when on Setanta which we still have here and had a fair few last year .
If I got easy access to every Hibs game there would be some marital disharmony -;)
I'll pick and choose I think so prefer to pay per game

norhfc
04-08-2013, 11:00 AM
I bought the Malmo home game and have to say I,m not willing to part with more hard earn after that. Not for a season ticket anyway. No apology nothing, I do have sky sports so will watch the Hibs games they show.
I take it we can buy individual games if needs must ?

Magnifique
04-08-2013, 11:24 AM
I bought the Malmo home game and have to say I,m not willing to part with more hard earn after that. Not for a season ticket anyway. No apology nothing, I do have sky sports so will watch the Hibs games they show.
I take it we can buy individual games if needs must ?

Same here

I bought and paid for the home game too (albeit 20 mins before KO)

Was never sent login and even if I had by all accounts it was down anyway. Emailed them to complain and get money back, they replied asking exactly what I had signed up for, I replied back and they have just not bothered replying.

won't ever get any more, very poor crack

PeeJay
04-08-2013, 11:34 AM
Bought my season ticket for Hibs TV Xtra and expect stream quality to be as last season where I generally had a good stream with next to no buffering. I'm happy to pay the money, and watch my team as often as possible as otherwise I could only rely on the SPL highlights on Youtube. The Malmö stream was bound to be a failure as they don't have the capacity to deal with so many viewers at one time for some reason.

PeeJay
04-08-2013, 11:44 AM
I've bought the season ticket, agree it's good value.

Also saw somewhere that Hibs TV xtra matches can be watched on iOS devices, but not yet sure how, with Hibs TV Interactive not being compatible. Will soon find out as I'm in Norway with just my iPad. Tried to access the viewer and got this:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/04/bura7edy.jpg

Same with me, pity I would have enjoyed sitting on the terrace watching on my iPad - On my imac I had to install Adobe Flash software to run the Video format in Safari...

RMQ1967
04-08-2013, 12:24 PM
Anyone getting the feed from the standard Hibs TV international?

Lanzahibby
04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Anyone getting the feed from the standard Hibs TV international?

Nope, it's not working for me! Wasted a tenner on the Malmo game which was a terrible feed, now I can't see the first game of the season.

So frustrating...............................

RMQ1967
04-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Working now:)

Lanzahibby
04-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Working now:)

Glad it is for you, cos it isn't for me!!

Sproule Three
04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Glad it is for you, cos it isn't for me!!

Nor me.
No wonder I'm reluctant to get the Xtra package.

pacorosssco
04-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Im out, will pay a tenner when cant get game anywhere else and see if it works. Still waiting to hear back on Malmo shambles. Not paying 150 sadly.

Lanzahibby
04-08-2013, 12:51 PM
35 mins played and still nothing. Why do I bother?

RMQ1967
04-08-2013, 12:57 PM
I take it you've been trying to refresh every now & again? During a refresh that it finally started streaming for me.

Dinkydoo
04-08-2013, 01:00 PM
Any time I've paid for a game on Hibs Tv in the past its been **** quality and in more cases than not, I've been unable to view the entire game that I'd paid for. Sadly, the service doesn't seem to have improved since then.

At least I live in Scotland and can get to a few games a season, I feel sorry for you guys living elsewhere.

Good value for money? Aye, right.

Lanzahibby
04-08-2013, 01:02 PM
I take it you've been trying to refresh every now & again? During a refresh that it finally started streaming for me.

I've tried everything! From refreshing, to different browsers to logging out and then back in.

It worked really well last season, but this is really annoying. Any other suggestions?

hongkonghibee
04-08-2013, 01:07 PM
For me, streaming perfect throughout the first half on HibsTV Xtra. Like the look of Collins.

Sproule Three
04-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I've tried everything! From refreshing, to different browsers to logging out and then back in.

It worked really well last season, but this is really annoying. Any other suggestions?

I got it after 28 minutes doing the same as you did. Don't know if my cursing and swearing had anything to do with it -;)

Lanzahibby
04-08-2013, 01:11 PM
I got it after 28 minutes doing the same as you did. Don't know if my cursing and swearing had anything to do with it -;)

I've tried chrome and firefox, but no luck. I feel a bit like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uONhYwbZVro

JON6207
04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
for any oz hibs fans setanta is showing the game live on there +website if you have a foxtel sub it is included.
http://www.au.setantasportsplus.com/home

Sproule Three
04-08-2013, 01:15 PM
for any oz hibs fans setanta is showing the game live on there +website if you have a foxtel sub it is included.
Thanks for that Wish Id known earlier. Onto it now . Looked this morning and it wasn't listed.

MileHighBees
04-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Started out with XTRA today, then saw this thread and realised the game was also on HTV International so switched to that as it's a higher resolution picture.
No problems with either service.
Sorry to hear that others are having issues but personally I rarely have any problems.

Sproule Three
04-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Started out with XTRA today, then say this thread and realised the game was also on HTV International so switched to that as it's a higher resolution picture.
No problems with either service.
Sorry to hear that others are having issues but personally I rarely have any problems.
Might be issues with my ISP as the Setanta feed is not as crisp as usual . However I always have had issues with Hibs TV hence my reluctance to be totally reliant on it