PDA

View Full Version : BBC Fans views on their clubs

KWJ
02-08-2013, 08:45 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23254312

Shambles even before some of the cringeworthy comments as they can't get the questions to match the answers. EDIT - I see they've fixed this up.

Hibs boy's a fair bit negative and accuses Rod of not spending any money before talking of our new signings including £200,000 man James Collins.

Gordon Rennie , aded 47, Judge Dredd writer from Edinburgh.
Hibernian

How do you rate your squad ahead of the new season? The two Scottish Cup finals in two seasons flatters to deceive and we've still got a defence that Wikileaks would be proud of. Up-front, it's difficult to see where goals will regularly be coming from.

Who will your dangermen be? With chairman Rod Petrie's death-like grip on the lid of the biscuit tin, we've had to wave goodbye to top scorer Leigh Griffiths back to Wolves. Let's just hope new signings James Collins and Liam Craig can make up for what we've lost.

Opposition player: I'm only concerned with Hibs.

Where will you finish at the end of the season? Definitely bottom half again, alas. But the sun is shining, the Edinburgh Festival is almost upon us and Hearts are under serious threat of liquidation, so I'll madly go for sixth or seventh.

edinburghhibee
02-08-2013, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't argue with any of his points there.

SaulGoodman
02-08-2013, 09:46 AM

Shambles even before some of the cringeworthy comments as they can't get the questions to match the answers. EDIT - I see they've fixed this up.

Hibs boy's a fair bit negative and accuses Rod of not spending any money before talking of our new signings including £200,000 man James Collins.

Hibernian

How do you rate your squad ahead of the new season? The two Scottish Cup finals in two seasons flatters to deceive and we've still got a defence that Wikileaks would be proud of. Up-front, it's difficult to see where goals will regularly be coming from.

Who will your dangermen be? With chairman Rod Petrie's death-like grip on the lid of the biscuit tin, we've had to wave goodbye to top scorer Leigh Griffiths back to Wolves. Let's just hope new signings James Collins and Liam Craig can make up for what we've lost.

Where will you finish at the end of the season? Definitely bottom half again, alas. But the sun is shining, the Edinburgh Festival is almost upon us and Hearts are under serious threat of liquidation, so I'll madly go for sixth or seventh.

Did they corner Sesoim in the street to get those answers?

Gatecrasher
02-08-2013, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't argue with any of his points there.
Really? not even the death grip on the biscuit comment despite spending over £200k this close season?

JimBHibees
02-08-2013, 09:49 AM

Hibernian

Overly negative though to be fair we have just come off the back of a 7-0 defeat to that should be taken into account. I would say we are definitely top 6 this season.

Opposition player for me would be GMS Arabs.

frazeHFC
02-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Don't think he has 'kept the lid on the biscuit tin' as such. We obviously tried to get Griffiths but we can't afford to spend what we don't have. I can't imagine Wolves would sell him for even half a million.

Agree regarding the defence but up front we may as well give them a few games before we judge the strikers, just got to hope the click straight away.

SaulGoodman
02-08-2013, 09:54 AM
'Opposition Player: "I'm only concerned with Hibs"'

Well.. That made us look like a right bunch of aresholes..

Speedway
02-08-2013, 09:55 AM
Did they corner Sesoim in the street to get those answers?

Quite.

'We're crap but at least Hearts are worse off'

Poisonous little ***** some of our lot. No wonder so many club's fans hate us, we're not very likeable.

edinburghhibee
02-08-2013, 10:03 AM
Really? not even the death grip on the biscuit comment despite spending over £200k this close season?

From the way I read that reply he means that we had the chance to buy sparky before this summer and Petrie bottled it. I think that's fair.

Eyrie
02-08-2013, 10:11 AM
From the way I read that reply he means that we had the chance to buy sparky before this summer and Petrie bottled it. I think that's fair.
Obviously reads .net, so I'm surprised that he didn't quote the fabled £150k.

I used to read Judge Dredd when I was a kid, and the world view it portrayed was depressing. Looks like this guy Rennie takes his work home with him.

ManBearPig
02-08-2013, 10:41 AM
I didnt even know rennie was a hibby! Quite an impressive writer in his day